+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Players Retiring after injuries [Merged]

Amateur

Default Players Retiring after injuries [Merged]

Just into start of season 3 with Newcastle, all going well and finished 3rd last season so CL football here I come
    Hatem Ben Arfa fractures his skull in an early game - gutted, 6-8 weeks out.
    News flash the next day - he's decided to RETIRE at the end of the season due to his injury problems
    aaarrrgggghhhhh

Part-Timer

You don't just come back from a fractured skull to be fair.

Amateur

Or he can always play with a head gear on like Peter Cech. ;)

Part-Timer

Download FMRTE and un retire him.

Amateur

This is an instance where you wouldn't really feel bad about going to an earlier auto save if you have them turned on.

Amateur

well... if you look on the bright side that makes this game so much more realistic

Amateur

Ive never managed to get HBA to play decently in FM so wouldn't bother me.

Really hope he stays fit IRL though, awesome talent.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dutch3723 View Post
    Just into start of season 3 with Newcastle, all going well and finished 3rd last season so CL football here I come
    News flash the next day - he's decided to RETIRE at the end of the season due to his injury problems
    aaarrrgggghhhhh
    I'm surprised he's only out for 6-8 weeks, but I feel for you, I'd be pretty upset if that happened. At least you have time to prepare a replacement.

Amateur

Seems a bit strange that he didn't retire straight away rather than at the end of the season lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dutch3723 View Post
    aaarrrgggghhhhh
    How about his injury history, picked up any major injuries before that? Also how is he performing, this could affect how 'easily' player decides to retire.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by spy#10 View Post
    Seems a bit strange that he didn't retire straight away rather than at the end of the season lol
    Yeah, if the problem is the fractured skull, he should retire imediatly

Amateur

He's playing fine - had three injuries over two seasons - nothing too major. The weird thing is hes going to be playing by Christmas when fit again, so will go through the second half of the season then retire at the end. Have just tried to convince him to 'postpone retirement' but hes not having any of it!

Amateur

in my save on the first game of pre-season!! i had Richard Cresswell get injured and after the game he also told me he had decided to retire because of injuries

Amateur

Maybe he wants his wages until end of season and plans on getting another injury after his fractured skull ;)

But yeah, I like that this is in the game. Certainly adds to realism some players having to retire at young ages. You should be pleased its happened on your save!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    Download FMRTE and un retire him.
    This is why fmrte is good. Wasn't aware you could un-retire players though, but can un-injure them.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TomTranmere View Post
    Maybe he wants his wages until end of season and plans on getting another injury after his fractured skull ;)

But yeah, I like that this is in the game. Certainly adds to realism some players having to retire at young ages. You should be pleased its happened on your save!
    Lol Tom, I feel honoured!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
    Yeah, if the problem is the fractured skull, he should retire imediatly
    Isn't this the injury suffered by Petr Cech? A fractured skull sounds nasty but there are many types of fracture & there is no reason for such an injury to result in a player retirement.

I notice that someone has started a thread where Lucio retired following a broken leg, obviously two incidents is in no way a representative sample but I do think this is something that needs to be monitored.

Amateur

This happened to me once on OOTP, took it like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Isn't this the injury suffered by Petr Cech? A fractured skull sounds nasty but there are many types of fracture & there is no reason for such an injury to result in a player retirement.
    Not all injuries are exactly the same, despite the type of injury being the same in the game. Also, different players react to severe injuries differently depending on their characteristics. So whilst someone like Petr Cech has come back from a similar injury and played on, another player with a similar injury might have different priorities and put his health ahead of his passion to play professional football. So it's not all black and white with injuries, but a lot of grey in between.

Third Team

Riz, I do believe that is exactly what I was saying , the post I replied to & quoted suggested that a player should retire after suffering a fractured skull.

I am however interested in there being a few posts about players retiring after injury, this is something that used to happen a far bit in the CM days yet in 300+ seasons in the FM days I've never had a player retire due to injury so I'm wondering if some new code has been added that may have resulted in an increased probability of this happening.
    Last edited by Barside; 24-10-2011 at 12:30.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post
    Not all injuries are exactly the same, despite the type of injury being the same in the game. Also, different players react to severe injuries differently depending on their characteristics. So whilst someone like Petr Cech has come back from a similar injury and played on, another player with a similar injury might have different priorities and put his health ahead of his passion to play professional football. So it's not all black and white with injuries, but a lot of grey in between.
    And the fact that that's implimented into the game is part of the reason why FM is so brilliant

Semi Pro

I had a fractured skull once, it affect me didn't too much...

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    I had a fractured skull once, it affect me didn't too much...
    took me two reads, but i lol'd

Amateur

Well, the guy stuck around being out for over half a year with injury, you'd think he'd be willing to stick out six to eight weeks. The only way this injury makes any sense is if it's a case of the last straw after other injuries.

Amateur

I had Di Natale retire after the first season because of a broken leg, although he was 34 so probably makes more sense. He still was quality and had a year left on his £30000 a week contract so if I were him i'd probably give it a go for another year and bank the extra £1,5mill..

Amateur

Don't think it can really be compared to Petr Cech really. Keepers tend to be more protected than other players by the rules/ref, and the amount of physical contact they are likely to be in with another player isn't anywhere near usually. I mean clashes can happen at corners or high balls but for much of the match a keepers head is going to be safe! Add to that the fact keepers are unlikely to need to head the ball as well as coming back from a fractured skull is quite different for a keeper than an outfield player.

Unlucky it's happened on your game but I kinda like the fact it can happen. The only odd thing I find, like the others, is that he's not retired immediately.

Amateur

Ian Hume came back from a skull injury i remember sadly the great Matt Jansen did not bad times.

That is a tough break that especially considering Ben Arfa isn't a bad little player

Amateur
    Southport F.C - Premiership Winners 2064 - All products of the youth academy.

Default Key CM Retiring at 20.

Just had my key CM retire. 20 years of age, knee ligaments out for 6 months then chooses to retire due to his injury... at 20!!!
    I'm Queens Park and it's hard enough keeping my key players but to have one retire due to injury at 20 is a joke.

I've noticed also a lot of players are complaining due to this problem 1 gamer had Lucio and another Hatem Ben Arfa, unsure if it's a bug overall?

Anyway, cracking game, thoroughly enjoying it regardless of this minor blip.

Semi Pro

I've a feeling they've tried to implement something 'rare' into the game which is going a bit haywire.

Semi Pro

Haywire? Three people mentioning it out of hundreds of thousands playing, if truth be told it didn't happen anywhere near often enough in previous versions.

Amateur

I agree its a good feature and didnt happen enough before.

However Lucio retiring at 33 because he broke his leg and was out for a season is understandable his career is coming to a close anyway.

However, retiring at 20 because of a 6 month knee injury? Thats a bit much. How many players go through career saving knee surgerys. Gerrard has just come out of one and hes alot older than 20!

Banned

Dean Ashton retired not that early but early enough due to injury.

And another West Ham midfielder O'neil i think his name is was 50/50 if he would play again, it happens its rare but it happens

Amateur

Well i know a lot of cases of young players retiring after nasty injuries u got to take in consideration a lot of things body type , personality and willigness to come back , so its a good twist

Semi Pro

Every person is different, just as every knee is different. Coming back from such an injury requires hard work and commitment, not everybody is willing to go through the rehabilitation needed after a serious knee injury. Can Queens Park afford to pay for the surgery? Perhaps there are risks from the surgery, higher chances of arthritis in later life etc, that the player was not prepared to risk. As the example was Queens Park we are talking about an amateur player, he may have work commitments that were more important than football, and the injury caused him to realise he couldn't do both.

Amateur

Yeah injuries can end careers but the way its presented now it seems like a 20 year old is deciding his career is up. Give a medical evaluation or say hes retiring based on medical expertise. How it is now it just seems like hes throwing in the towel because he feels like it which is just frustrating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Turneep View Post
    Yeah injuries can end careers but the way its presented now it seems like a 20 year old is deciding his career is up. Give a medical evaluation or say hes retiring based on medical expertise. How it is now it just seems like hes throwing in the towel because he feels like it which is just frustrating.
    There is a recent case with Brighton that one of there star players who has been out already for about 6 months is now going to be out for even longer due to the operation not working, it happens mate it sucks big time but it does
    Last edited by sean_macleod; 24-10-2011 at 14:07.

Paul Lake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lake
    Ben Collett - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collett

To be honest the injury set-up hasn't changed in this manner since FM11. Players do get injuries and retire, it's desperately unlucky for manager and player (I had Kieron Dyer retire for Newcastle a number of versions back) but it does happen both IRL and in-game.

Amateur

John Kennedy retired from Celtic due to a serious injury and some recurring problems due to this incident

Kennedy received his first Scotland call-up for a friendly against Romania on 31 March 2004. Just 14 minutes into the match, Kennedy sustained a serious injury after a "late challenge" on him by Ionel Ganea, which ruled him out of action for almost three years.[25] Kennedy required several operations by Richard Steadman[26] before he could even attempt a comeback - taken from Wikipedia and "ate challenge" should read absoultly disgraceful

He tried and failed at 27 and then retired so it's not unheard of

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Paul Lake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lake
    Ben Collett - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collett

To be honest the injury set-up hasn't changed in this manner since FM11. Players do get injuries and retire, it's desperately unlucky for manager and player (I had Kieron Dyer retire for Newcastle a number of versions back) but it does happen both IRL and in-game.
    About time this happened in real life tbh. He is ruined, his time is up.

By the way Neil, I always thought real life player retirement through injury wasn't in FM due to legal issues. Last time I seen it was way back in CM days

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sean_macleod View Post
    There is a recent case with Brighton that one of there star players who has been out already for about 6 months is now going to be out for even longer due to the operation now working, it happens mate it sucks big time but it does
    `

Thats fine but imagine you are the Brighton manager.

You get told your player is going to be out injured for 6 months.
    3 months pass and said player drops you an email saying Hes retiring because of his injury.

Thats it, no more information. Sure you can assume he didnt want the operation, you can assume hes a secret billionaire who doesnt need the wage or you can assume the surgery failed.

But why play a realistic simulation if Im going to be making stuff up in my head. Some form of medical explanation as to why he cant recover from the injury would be nice and ease some frustration of a 20 year old hanging up his boots.

Banned

Have you checked his profile, like personal comments etc... might be something in there

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Haywire? Three people mentioning it out of hundreds of thousands playing, if truth be told it didn't happen anywhere near often enough in previous versions.
    Yes my friend but out of the 100 of thousands playing how many of them are active members of THIS official forum? 3 out of the number of registered users on this forum may be too many.

Mine happened in the 2nd season, lets see if theirs a correlation. If this has happened to anyone else how early in the game has it happened to you? If no correlation can be found then meh its just bad luck

Amateur

I do understand that it is realistic and it does happen but I'm just curious whether it's a coincidence or a minor fault that 3 gamers have complained.

Is it possible that with better physios the retirement may not have happened?

Not a negative slant towards the game by the way, absolutely loving it. Just curious as to wether it's a fault or just pure bad luck.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Every person is different, just as every knee is different. Coming back from such an injury requires hard work and commitment, not everybody is willing to go through the rehabilitation needed after a serious knee injury. Can Queens Park afford to pay for the surgery? Perhaps there are risks from the surgery, higher chances of arthritis in later life etc, that the player was not prepared to risk. As the example was Queens Park we are talking about an amateur player, he may have work commitments that were more important than football, and the injury caused him to realise he couldn't do both.
    It all depends on your age, I ruptured cruciate twice age 13 and 15 and it's a hell of a lot of work getting back,especially at those ages. It's a lot to do with previous injuries and age. e.e I was out for 1 year and a half when aged 13 somehow, it can be career ending but people like Pires bounced back. The NHS would obviously pay if Queens Park couldn't, meaning at that age, a long waiting time, but this would definately not be implemented within the game. They just stick around 6 -9 months on the player or whatever. Even though your suggestions are very very realistic ones, I don't think that much depth would be included in the game

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DE-Z View Post
    Yes my friend but out of the 100 of thousands playing how many of them are active members of THIS official forum? 3 out of the number of registered users on this forum may be too many.
    Generally if there is a widespread issue in the game, the forums here are flooded with complaints. There haven't been a large number of complaints about retirements, 3 people raising an issue is nothing really in the SI forums.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds4life View Post
    IEven though your suggestions are very very realistic ones, I don't think that much depth would be included in the game
    I wasn't suggesting the ideas I mentioned were actually factored in, just that the likelihood of retirement in amateur players may be higher than with semi-pro/pro players.

Amateur

Heh, there's always something they overdo. Has there been a famous real life example of this happening to someone recently? If so you'll find it's this years "realism" feature. :P

Amateur

Default John Terry retired ??

im in the 2nd season as Blackpool and picked him up as a coach

why has he retired so young

Amateur

Maybe he got caught in an affair with his boss's wife

Could well be injuries, or the fact he was no longer playing for Chelsea - various factors will come into account.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by red265 View Post
    Maybe he got caught in an affair with his boss's wife
    lol im pretty sure thats not been implemented inot this years game

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Could well be injuries, or the fact he was no longer playing for Chelsea - various factors will come into account.
    is there a way to check?

Amateur

This is turning into a recurring theme I feel. Too many players retiring early.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by townley12inch View Post
    is there a way to check?
    Go on History then Career Stats to see if he was playing for Chelsea and I'm not sure if it's still there after he retires but there should be a button which says injuries which says his injury history.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Utdchamp View Post
    This is turning into a recurring theme I feel. Too many players retiring early.
    Not really, only 4 that Ive seen posted so far, 2 being veteran players.

Youth Team

Players retire for odd reasons too, not just injuries!

http://betting.betfair.com/football/...rs-280411.html

Check out Roa, at 29 he retired because he thought the end of the world was nigh!

There have been some Irish players over the years that retired early due to injuries
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sadlier
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colm_Foley

This guy http://www.examiner.com/pro-soccer-i...ssistant-coach

Paul McGrath
    http://www.soccer-ireland.com/irish-...ul-mcgrath.htm

Roy Keane
    http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s.../t-351505.html

Anyway - players get injured a lot. And some don't ever make it back. Some young, some old. That's football.

Amateur

The key point in this instance is that Ben Arfa will be playing football by Christmas. However you want to look at it, it's a flaw in the mechanics of the game. Either he has the injury and retires straight away, or doesn't retire at all. Not that he recovers, plays half a season of rigourous Premiership footie and then bows out.

Semi Pro

Yeah and some of them were impressed by this as well.

Amateur

he was released by chelsea on 24.6.2012 dunno were to find injuries tho

Third Team

The game has only been out for a weekend & I fairly sure that most players will still be in the middle of their 1st season, this is something worth keeping an eye on as we will hear about more instances if it is indeed a bug.

As I posted in another thread throughout the entire FM series I have not once had a player retire due to injury so to see people posting about this often under used feature of the game is a little concerning, that being said it will have an upside of forcing AI managers to develop their youth & not stick with the real life players well into their late 30's.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    The game has only been out for a weekend & I fairly sure that most players will still be in the middle of their 1st season, this is something worth keeping an eye on as we will hear about more instances if it is indeed a bug.

As I posted in another thread throughout the entire FM series I have not once had a player retire due to injury so to see people posting about this often under used feature of the game is a little concerning, that being said it will have an upside of forcing AI managers to develop their youth & not stick with the real life players well into their late 30's.
    Ive never seen it either. I usually only get players retiring because they cant break into the first squad. However if you think about all the players in the game and all the people playing the game only 3 have reported this happening inside their own team, one being myself. The 4th has just been noticed since he found the player as a coach. I still dont think its that big of an issue. How are we to know John Terry or Lucio wont retire at the end of the year?

Banned

Poorly done feature causing bugs, shock horror. Wonder if we'll see more through out the week.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sean_macleod View Post
    Dean Ashton retired not that early but early enough due to injury.
    It's normally to do with long running injury problems though, not a broken leg or something of that sort.

Amateur

Default I just had Ashley Cole retire at the end of the 1st season !!!

how totally random is that !! Can anybody recommend me a good left back to replace him who i'm not going to have to spend £20 million on ? Cheers for any help.

Banned

And here's another one. This is becoming ridiculous.

Amateur

Ouch, thats 5...

Dodo, Brazilian player, 19 or 20 at end of first season. Can get him for 3 million. 2 and a half star rating.

Also, why did he retire? Injury?
    Last edited by Turneep; 24-10-2011 at 15:36.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SeanNUFC View Post
    Poorly done feature causing bugs, shock horror. Wonder if we'll see more through out the week.
    i personally think its a good feature it makes it realistic ronney could have to retire next week irl if something major happened fergie would be raged out but hey thats just life

Banned

i personally think its a good feature it makes it realistic ronney could have to retire next week irl if something major happened fergie would be raged out but hey thats just life
    Can not see any of this happening in real life soon. The Ben Arfa one is the only one i can understand so far.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Well yes, but that misses the point - John Terry retiring at the end of next season? He'll be 32! Unless he gets many serious injuries, that's simply not going to happen. John Terry will likely be playing until 34-35 at a minimum.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    Well yes, but that misses the point - John Terry retiring at the end of next season? He'll be 32! Unless he gets many serious injuries, that's simply not going to happen. John Terry will likely be playing until 34-35 at a minimum.
    He is known to have pain killing injections quite often,so might be quite realistic?

I have had a 34 year old retire due to injury, not a bad thing slashed 2k off my wage bill bringing me under budget!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    But we dont know if he got any serious injuries or not. Just says he was released by Chelsea, maybe he just decided to stop playing after being released from a top team. I can understand that.

Amateur

got injured and then straight away announced he was retiring at the end of the season ! Tried to convince him otherwise but he was having none of it ! So frustrating and not realistic at all in my opinion.

Reserves

Im sure i read that Ashely Cole only has a season or two left in him before his body gives up due to injuries, maybe if he suffered a bad one in the 2st season it could push him to quit early.

Amateur

unfortunately there doesnt seem to be an option to check his injuries but i would assume it was due to injury i couldnt see Terry just randomly being released he played 20 odd matches for them last season

strange things do happen in this game tho..as Blackpool 1st season in Jan i was handed 26 million to spend lol and at the end of first season a line of top players were queing to sign including Tevez, Ashley young, Jordan Henderson all too expensive so i brought in Di Maria for 9 mil from real madrid this def would not happen irl

Amateur

Maybe this whole retiring thing could use a own thread since, there seems to be a quite many of them. On the subject it is quite strange that so many top players are retiring, and I think this should be looked into. And what comes to that realism i think if he suffers a major injury and maybe there's a decent backup player avaible, I could live with retirement.

Amateur

How bad was his injury?

Has anyone from SI acknowledged this might be a problem yet?

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

I don't think 5 well known players retiring (relatively) early constitutes a crisis considering how many games of FM are currently being played e.g. have there even been two in a single save yet?

Worth keeping an eye on though, never can be sure with these pesky devs;)

Third Team

Gibson retired after first season in one save game as he couldn't find a club after being released.
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE82 View Post
    got injured and then straight away announced he was retiring at the end of the season ! Tried to convince him otherwise but he was having none of it ! So frustrating and not realistic at all in my opinion.
    Didnt know you could try talk them out of it ha.

What injury was it? I had Lucio retire from a broken leg 2 months into my season. Another user had a player retire from a skull fracture and another lost a 20 year old to knee ligament damage. At least the injuries seem serious enough.

Youth Team

I think 5 reported in the same day as peoples saves progress is pretty serious.

Something not quite right.

Amateur

Didnt know you could try talk them out of it ha.

What injury was it? I had Lucio retire from a broken leg 2 months into my season. Another user had a player retire from a skull fracture and another lost a 20 year old to knee ligament damage. At least the injuries seem serious enough.
    But they are sort of giving up early. In real life footballers try hard to return, and might not succeed, but they will not retire that quickly in most cases. Seems like a good idea, but too "random"?

Semi Pro

yeah, i just came on to see about anyone else having this....

i lost luis suarez to ligament damage this morning. he retired as well. i guess andy carroll will finally be getting the attention afterall.

Semi Pro

might be my motivation to start my LLM game earlier than usual actually. i normally wait for the january xfer window patch. but eh... this is pretty upsetting.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post

Yeh but 5 on how many games?

Amateur

But they are sort of giving up early. In real life footballers try hard to return, and might not succeed, but they will not retire that quickly in most cases. Seems like a good idea, but too "random"?
    Exactly. Take that Matt Bates at Boro. By the time he was 23 he'd had 4 serious knee ligament injury's and he's still playing.

I'd like to know the stats on how many players under 35 in England retire due to injury each year!

Amateur

Exclamation Retirement Bug....

I have seen loads of reports of high profile players (terry, cole, gibson) all retireing in the first season because of injuries some just a broken leg, this seems like a major bug, anyone from si gonna aknowledge this??

Banned

Really hope fmrte can fix retirements.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    I don't think 5 well known players retiring (relatively) early constitutes a crisis considering how many games of FM are currently being played e.g. have there even been two in a single save yet?

Worth keeping an eye on though, never can be sure with these pesky devs;)
    I'm just running a 'full detail' test on the demo, 6 months should be enough time to get a reasonable sample of injuries in the UK divisions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy Bum View Post
    I'd like to know the stats on how many players under 35 in England retire due to injury each year!
    Especially top prem players.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Tyson View Post

Considering the hundred of thousands of people who play the game, it's not. Btw i noticed retirements like this in FM11, never saw threads like this then, it ain't something new to FM12

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    Does it matter? I'd think that retirements are relatively independent of each other, so it doesn't matter which game it occurs in.

Also, there are doubtless such retirements by users that have not been seen nor reported - these are not the only isolated cases. This is why you only need one bug report to start working on bugs.

Banned

Even if Terry were injured for the rest of this season IRL there's no way he'd just retire, unless he was crippled and in a wheelcahir. C'mon, use your common sense Kriss. Suarez, Cole, Terry retiring during the first season....be reasonable.

Amateur

I do agree it seems random but I can also understand severe injuries making players over 30 consider retiring. Its just the 20 year old retiring that bothers me.

Amateur

With todays medical knowledge you rarely see someone giving up after 1 injury. How many PL-players retired in the last 5 seasons due to injury? I guess we will see that those who retired due to injury went through several operations and tried their best to recover. In FM12 Owen Hargreaves would probably be dead a long time ago....

With todays medical knowledge you rarely see someone giving up after 1 injury. How many PL-players retired in the last 5 seasons due to injury? I guess we will see that those who retired due to injury went through several operations and tried their best to recover. In FM12 Owen Hargreaves would probably be dead a long time ago....
    it entirely depends on the severity of the injury, both in real life and in FM

Third Team

Far too early to call it a bug, I agree that it is strange to see is long standing feature becoming more apparent but I think we need to hold off before we call for one of the dev team to be sacrificed to the forum community.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    Agree, but name me one "prolific" player who just gave up that easily in the PL over the last couple of seasons. It does happen, but they try harder to return than what they seem to be doing in FM12.

Semi Pro

I don't know. I've already got my torch and pitchfork in hand. Just waiting to find out who is responsible for this.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    Yes but a injury of the required severity happens once in a blue moon. I've seen Henrik Larson and Cisse(at Liverpool) have their legs totally snapped in half. So bad it made you want to puke to look at the pictures. But they had operations and were playing again in a year.

Of course you get really REALLY bad breaks like David Boost(sp?) but that's very very rare

Banned

The point is, in most instances players try to overcome their injuries(like Dean Ashton), before taking the Doc's orders to retire. They don't get a broken leg, then say 'oh well may aswell pack it in'. And they don't come back from injury halfway through a season, play on untill the end of season, then retire due to injury problems. It's a bug, pretty major one aswell.

Amateur

Still not sure its a bug. Yeah its now 5 players mentioned. But lets not forget, thats 1 player per world over 5 football worlds all with relatively serious long term injuries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast