+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Queens Park F.C

Amateur
    Southport F.C - Premiership Winners 2064 - All products of the youth academy.

Default Queens Park F.C

Hi all,

FM 2012, quick question....

Can Queens Park in the scottish 3rd ever become professional? I'm in my first season and look set to win the league. I dream of getting them into the Champions League but would be an almighty task if we were to stay Amateur, so can any one fill me in?

Many thanks.

Amateur

Nope. Hardcoded to stay amateur

Amateur

nope it's hardcoded as IRL theres some rule that they have to stay ametuer. can change it in the editor though.

Amateur

Oh **** really? What a nightmare, has anyone had any real success with them in the SPL and Europe as amateur?

Amateur

Are you guys sure Amateur clubs stay Amateur? This needs clarification. I thought once you promote you're automatically assigned as semi-professional.

Amateur

I thought there would be a way. Was dreaming of european dominance haha but will struggle considering all my players are consistently leaving.

Amateur

I'm scottish - i'm very sure and only way to do this is edit in editor

Part-Timer

Amateur clubs can come semi-pro in some cases. but,
    if you use the editor, it's very simple to change too semi-professional or professional easily.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    Amateur clubs can come semi-pro in some cases. but,
    if you use the editor, it's very simple to change too semi-professional or professional easily.
    Can an amateur club become a semi-professional club in the game currently? I really need clarification on this as I was hoping that tomorrow when I get my game (FINALLY!) I would edit in an amateur club in Blue Square South.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by KYMYK View Post
    Are you guys sure Amateur clubs stay Amateur? This needs clarification. I thought once you promote you're automatically assigned as semi-professional.
    It's only Queens Park that are hard coded to remain amateur, as it's in their constitution that they do so.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cavenagh View Post
    It's only Queens Park that are hard coded to remain amateur, as it's in their constitution that they do so.
    Oh thank god. I was beginning to doubt my enjoyment of FM12.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Quote Originally Posted by KYMYK View Post
    Most amateur clubs in the game can turn pro. Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

As far as I know there are a few other clubs around in the game hard coded to stay amateur but I'm not sure which ones, in each case the people in charge of the club will likely have made it clear they have no intention of taking up professional status, so this is reflected in-game by hard coded amateur status.

Amateur

Slipknot says
    Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

not to be pedantic or nothing but it is still a rule. I never said whose rule

Third Team

Success for Queen's Park is a season or two in SD3 & maybe giving a player who missed out on a contract a chance to prove himself.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Quote Originally Posted by Tez01979 View Post
    Slipknot says
    Irl though the Queens Park board have stated that they will categorically never turn professional, it's nothing to do with any rule as alluded to earlier on in the thread but a decision taken by choice within the club.

not to be pedantic or nothing but it is still a rule. I never said whose rule
    Fair point, a self imposed 'rule' is one way it could be interpreted.

Amateur

Queen's Park FC is an exception where they will stay amatuer no matter what.

Wiki Queen's Park FC and see their moto; you will understand why.

Semi Pro

Anyone know why they don't ever want to turn pro?

Third Team

Is that a rhetorical questions?

Amateur

changed their status in my long game in fm11.

had the spiders for over 60 years taking them up to the spl winning it for 20 consecutive years and conquering europe.

Amateur

Interestingly that Wiki article states that they've changed their constitution; they can now sign professional players as long as they are not paid by the club - I presume they have to fund them from private individuals etc.

A bit hard to impliment in FM12!

Amateur

as a Queen's Park fan it makes it alot easier staying out of being a pro football club, however on fm u will get a choice to become semi pro and thats about it, the main problem about going them is losing your best players to bigger clubs, for instance losing Longworth, Gallacher, Little, in the past we have lost players like Ketterwell,Douglas, Saunders who is an Scottish international now. And losing one of our best players like McBride last season, its enjoyable to play as them but it is so frustratin, we look about the junior leagues to sign players i cant remember the last time we payed a fee to sign a player.

Amateur

Personally, I think it would be a shame to go against the proud amateur tradition of this club by making them semi-pro in the Editor. As mentioned, this commitment is reflected in its motto on the club crest "Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing." Embrace the culture and history of your clubs!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    Personally, I think it would be a shame to go against the proud amateur tradition of this club by making them semi-pro in the Editor. As mentioned, this commitment is reflected in its motto on the club crest "Ludere Causa Ludendi – to play for the sake of playing." Embrace the culture and history of your clubs!
    And that sir is the best motto ever by a football club

Amateur

I managed to get them into 3rd place in Division 1 in FM2011 but it was tough to keep hold of my best players, I gave up eventually to try to get them into the SPL!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukki View Post
    Kind of ironic that a club with that motto loses its best players to better contracts!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by greguk View Post
    kind of ironic that a club with that motto loses its best players to better contracts!!!
    this!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gregUK View Post
    Kind of ironic that a club with that motto loses its best players to better contracts!!!
    I hear you. I suppose those ungrateful ******** that wanted to earn actual money for playing football clearly didn't live up to the club motto, so best be rid of them!

Amateur

You can still play for the sake of playing. But a bit of cash on the side never hurt anyone; Nevermind having to support a family or anything... It's an admirable thing to play for free but realistically, it's not going to pay the bills and if you can get a paying contract your life is always going to be above the game.

Amateur

This has left me gutted. I have been playing as Queens's Park for a few season's, just got us to the SPL with only unattached players and just thought Id check quick on the boards to see whether its likely the board will now say we are to turn pro.

The strange thing is, in my game, I won the 3rd div in my first season, the board then said we are now of professional status around the end of May, 10 days or so later, I got the error saying Football manager has experienced a serious error and needs to close. It closed, I loaded back up again from late March (annoying in itself) won the league, and this time, no message to say we were turning pro. Since, I have risen the leagues up to now thinking, 'surely now'. Of course it has yet to happen and I will be playing in the SPL with any player who does well, free to be snapped up by my competition.

Can you edit the status so that it makes the change to my saved game or would the change only apply if I start over???

Thanks

International Squad

The Scottish Premier League (not that they will exist for much longer) made an exception to their rule that all clubs had to be professional to allow Queen's Park entry should they ever have achieved it.

Amateur

This is what I've done in my long Queen's Park save:

Amateur

Took me 5 seasons to make the SPL,

Amateur

I can upload the save if anyone fancies trying to keep a amateur team in the SPL

Amateur

Wow thats really impressive. Where do you poach your players from? I imagine you could get decent income playing at Hampden, but must still be difficult attracting players.

I'd be interested in playing the save if you don't mind uploading.

Amateur

Actually on my game (admittedly many years into the future)...Queen's Park have turned professional and are in the Scottish Championship fighting for promotion to the top flight. They got taken over by a tycoon and automatically turned pro. Strangely enough their attendances are still appalling (average ~ 1,000) but they expanded Hampden Park to hold 59,525. I'm not sure if this is how it is intended to work that a tycoon can destroy the principles that a club is formed upon but hey he who pays the piper calls the tune.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by pheelf View Post
    Actually on my game (admittedly many years into the future)...Queen's Park have turned professional and are in the Scottish Championship fighting for promotion to the top flight. They got taken over by a tycoon and automatically turned pro. Strangely enough their attendances are still appalling (average ~ 1,000) but they expanded Hampden Park to hold 59,525. I'm not sure if this is how it is intended to work that a tycoon can destroy the principles that a club is formed upon but hey he who pays the piper calls the tune.
    I would report that as a bug, should never be allowed to happen.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    I would report that as a bug, should never be allowed to happen.
    Why shouldn't it, After a board takeover the new board don't have to obey the old boards rules.

Tycoons often don't give a dam about club history. Cardiff IRL is a prime example of this. The less than 1000 average attendance could strongly reflect fan resentment towards the board about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wardog View Post
    Why shouldn't it, After a board takeover the new board don't have to obey the old boards rules.

Tycoons often don't give a dam about club history. Cardiff IRL is a prime example of this. The less than 1000 average attendance could strongly reflect fan resentment towards the board about it.
    It's hardcoded into the game that they can't turn pro ever that's why.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    That IMO i wrong then, although i understand why, but a new board like IRL should be allowed to do what it wants with a club. Unfortunetly thats part of being a fan. (i say this as a Rangers fan, so i know what its like to have the wrong people in charge)

Amateur

LINK

Just resign me then Queen's Park are yours!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Ah...I'm talking about FM14 btw...I'd have much preferred if it wasn't a bug to be honest as I think that it is actually realistic. I agree with wardog on this. Fair enough for a fan takeover or local businessman who invests no money then taking over shouldn't change the status but if a billionaire rocks up and decides to invest millions into a club then they own the club and can do whatever they want. Nobody of sane mind is going to pump millions into a club which can never be competitive because they are restricted to being forever amateur.

IRL there is no way that Queen's Park could turn down such an offer regardless of history but then again the odds of that happening are practically zero. Perhaps to overcome this issue make it so that Queen's Park can never be taken over by a tycoon or consortium.

SI Testing Team and LLM Moderator Alex Crawford's Avatar

AFAIK that takeover should not have happened as the only boardroom changes at Queens Park should be internal promotions, if you have a save shortly before the club is sold then a bug report would be appreciated.

International Squad

It is part of Queen's Park's constitution that they remain an amateur club.

Amateur

Anyone manage to keep Queen's Park up in the first season?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by wardog View Post
    That IMO i wrong then, although i understand why, but a new board like IRL should be allowed to do what it wants with a club. Unfortunetly thats part of being a fan. (i say this as a Rangers fan, so i know what its like to have the wrong people in charge)
    A new board would find it almost impossible, if not actually impossible to turn them into a pro club. It just would not be allowed to happen. I highly even doubt they can be sold to a tycoon tbh.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dan BHTFC View Post
    Anyone manage to keep Queen's Park up in the first season?
    Keep up? They're in the SPL2 with no relegation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gavo01 View Post
    Keep up? They're in the SPL2 with no relegation.
    I meant in my save game where I got them promoted to the SPFL, link further up the thread

First Team Squad Member

There is relegation, to the highland league.

Youth Team

There is relegation, to the highland league.
    From next season I think, so I don't think you'd be relegated in the first season. But that's by the by.

First Team Squad Member

No its from the first season, the changes came into play this season, not next. There will be a play off between the bottom club in league 2 and the top club from the highland league.

Youth Team

No its from the first season, the changes came into play this season, not next. There will be a play off between the bottom club in league 2 and the top club from the highland league.
    I'm pretty sure it's not until the 2014/15 season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148772

From season 2014-15, the winners of the Lowland and Highland Leagues will play off against each other for the right to compete for a place in Scotland's fourth tier against the lowest-placed side in that division.
    Effective next season.

Unless you meant in FM, then I'm not sure. I know someone made an edited file which made it become effective from that season, so maybe it's from the start in game.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by forameuss View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not until the 2014/15 season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23148772

Effective next season.

Unless you meant in FM, then I'm not sure. I know someone made an edited file which made it become effective from that season, so maybe it's from the start in game.
    As always, im wrong hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread