Your Biggest Career Move

Celtic to Barcelona.

It was a long career game, starting in Australia, then a couple of clubs in England, then a club in France, then my shot at the big time at Celtic.

At Celtic I won the league twice, and the Champions League once.

Barcelona wanted me to join, offered me 400 million transfer budget.

They had been relegated, so I was given 400 million to spend on a team in division two.

Got them back up at first attempt after buying a dozen players, but they never gelled and I quit the game/save after 2 and a half seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by policy:

Werder Bremen to Hucknall Town.

Oh, you meant the OTHER way! Sorry icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did that happen??!!

took harrogate from blue sq north straight 2 league 1.

all the time from 6 months into the game i was getting premier league job offers.

i eventually took arsenal job in summer 2010 they gave me 72 million budget and their squad was better than in 2007

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Worcester City to Leicester City after just 2 seasons which suprised me to be honest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you sacked after 2 weeks?? icon_biggrin.gif

Rugby Utd (Conference South) to Everton (Prem)

At that point I'd already built up a reputaton with domestic or european sucess at Aberdeen, Newcastle, Man City and Lazio, so I decided to try the bottom.

I ddn't like it much, but luckily my reputation was still big enough for me to get back to the top (sort of, I left everton after 3 days).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Worcester City to Leicester City after just 2 seasons which suprised me to be honest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you sacked after 2 weeks?? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I've been there for 4 months, must be a Milan Mandaric record! icon_biggrin.gif

Aachen to Liverpool. I'd only been there a couple of seasons (although I'd been at other smaller clubs before that), and at the time, had won absolutely nothing at club level. Hadn't even won a lower division.

I had won a World Cup with England that probably helped boost my reputation though.

Started at PSG in France in 07/08 season, came 2nd in league and won french league cup.

Second season won French league and runners up in Eufa cup.

Third season moved to Ajax, won league, dutch cup and semi final of champions league.

Fourth season got job at Roma, came second in league and won Eufa Cup.

Fifth season just been offered (and accepted)the job at man utd......

Not bad me thinks......

Joel. icon_cool.gif

Hyde United in the BSN to Manchester United end of season 1.

In fairness though, I started the game with "International Footballer" reputation, had Man Utd set as "favorite club", signed a parent club deal with Man Utd, praised Ferguson and players all the time and at one point had 14 players from United on loan.

I edited nothing and did'nt "cheat" that I know of, but when you're a BSN club, with no loan restrictions and Man Utd as a parent club, what do you do other than loan everyone you can icon_wink.gif

Needless to say, I won the BSN, Setanta Shield, FA Trophy and reached the 4th round of the FA Cup, loosing a close game to Tottenham away.

At the end of the season, had already had Sevilla, PSG, Roma and Werder Bremen linking me to their vacant positions. Then, after Man Utd had ended 4th in the Premier and won no trophies, Sir Alex's contract was not renewed, a media report asked if I was interested, (wishing there was a "Hell Yes!" reply available...). Two days later I was manager of Manchester United icon_biggrin.gif

The downside to this though, was I was really enjoying my Hyde United save and wanted to split the saves with a new Man Utd save, whilst retaining a Hyde United save. Unfortunately I clicked "save" instead of "save as" icon_mad.gif

Was gutted I'd lost my Hyde United save. It also spoilt my enjoyment of my new job. Just goes to show the gras is'nt always greener eh... icon_wink.gif

4 seasons at Kidderminster Harriers in FM08, 1 non-league cup success but no promotion, resigned and 5 weeks later had a successful application at Torino in Serie A. Went from £775 a month to £7000!!

Started off with N.Forest in League 1 and after 2 promotions in 4 seasons and then a League Cup win while in my first season in the Premiership i was offered the England job and of course took it.

A couple of seasons on i then went to Man Utd.

Started off with N.Forest in League 1 and after 2 promotions in 4 seasons and then a League Cup win while in my first season in the Premiership i was offered the England job and of course took it.

A couple of seasons on i then went to Man Utd.

i started as man utd cus i dont get time to do loads of seasons, altho id really like the challenge of startin at bottom to work self up, but like said, i dont get the time, anyway, i got offered the czech republic job after they failed to qualify for world cup, thats the only offer ive had so far

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAVIN42:

do you need to apply to get offered a job at a big club?

It's just whenever you apply your current club gets mental and it's really annoying so i rarely bother applying... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a gamble you have to take icon_wink.gif

Although it can depend on the chairman of the club, if you're at a club with far lower reputation than the club you apply for, then they tend not to have a problem I've found.

Another thing I tend to keep in mind is if I'm actually linked with the job in the media, as this can be a good sign that if you apply, you'll actually get the job.

ok but in general you need to actually apply to get the job? cause on previous versions i have been offered a job without actually applying when ive been managing somewhere so i just wasn't sure if this has changed as it hasn't happened so far in this game

ok but in general you need to actually apply to get the job? cause on previous versions i have been offered a job without actually applying when ive been managing somewhere so i just wasn't sure if this has changed as it hasn't happened so far in this game

I start most of my games unemployed with most of the top european leagues running hence i quite often get interesting moves.

Top on was when i moved from lazio (who i'd won the CL for) to Roma because lazio wouldn't meet my wage demands lol. I felt especially smug after knocking them out of the following champions league.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

I start most of my games unemployed with most of the top european leagues running hence i quite often get interesting moves.

Top on was when i moved from lazio (who i'd won the CL for) to Roma because lazio wouldn't meet my wage demands lol. I felt especially smug after knocking them out of the following champions league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ched = Judas

icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Top on was when i moved from lazio (who i'd won the CL for) to Roma because lazio wouldn't meet my wage demands lol. I felt especially smug after knocking them out of the following champions league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ched = Judas

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've yet to do an arsenal to chelsea or a liverpool to everton, but on my current save i've just joined the red scum so it's possible!

Strangley the lazio fans didn't hate me when i moved....

Guest woody1982

started at Sydney FC and won the preseason cup twice, won finals series 3 times, won the league 3 times and the Asian Champions League.

also took the Cameroon Job on 24/2/2008 till 14/2/2010 got sack cause i didn't get out of the groups in the African nations

Took over Senegal job 21/2/1010 till 11/7/2010 finished third in the world cup which i was pretty stoked at.

Got offered the Leeds job on the 22/2/2010 got promoted from league one am currently 8th in the Championship with 10 games to go.

I'm also manager of Uruguay

Archived