Malaysia League

Malaysia Super League Info

- A total of twelve teams will contest the league, two fewer teams than the 14 teams from the previous season. The teams participating include top 10 sides from the 2012 season, the champion of the 2012 Malaysia Premier League, and the winner of the play-off round between teams finishing 11th to 13th in Super League and the team finishing 2nd in the Premier League.

- Kuala Lumpur FA was relegated at the end of the 2012 Super League Malaysia after finishing the season in the bottom place of the league table. Sarawak FA, Sabah FA and Kedah FA also were relegated after losing their playoffs.

- 2012 Malaysia Premier League champions Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (ATM) secured direct promotion to the Super League meanwhile 2012 Malaysia Premier League runner-up Pahang FA clinched the promotion after winning the playoff rounds.

- Teams participating in AFC Cup 2013, Kelantan FA and Selangor FA can employ two (2) extra Foreign Player, as the AFC allows 4 foreign players, making it a total of four(4) Foreign Players, with one of it must be Asian player, but the third and fourth Foreign Player is only allowed to play for the AFC Cup 2013 Tournament.

- Lions XII will not be permitted to have any foreign players as it is an all Singaporean team.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I am fond of Asian leagues as I am an Asian myself although the only time I played in Asia was Indian league in FM 2011.

Anyway, how about posting who has the best squad, best facilities, best youth recruitment, challenges regarding Malaysian League? People will get more interested then.

Archived