Everybody hates my STAR player, the best player in the world! Why?

Maybe this should be in the bugs forum... but I'll post it here.

I'm using the 8.0.2 version and I'm now in season 2019/2020 with Valencia in the Primera.

My star player is Damien Le Tallec and I first bought him for Bolton in 2016/17 when he was 26 and his previous season at Derby was looking very promising. I payed about 18 million euros.

This is a player with 20 in headers and 20 in finishing.

Here's a short review of his career (with me):

2016/2017 - Bolton:

37 games, 30 goals, 11 assist, 8 MOM and an average rating of 7.57

Winner of European Supercup

Winner of UEFA Cup

French player of the year

Best player in England

Top scorer in the Premier League

Part of team of the year in England

Finished second in the "Golden shoe" comp.

Fans choice for player of the year

2017/18 - Bolton

32 games, 36 goals, 18 assists, 8 MOM and an avg. rating of 7.88

First cap for France (substitute playing 10 min)

Best player in England

Top scorer of the Premier League

Winner of the Golden Shoe

Then I went on to bigger and better things with Valencia for the 2018/2019 season and the first thing I did was to buy Le Tallec for 22 million euros approx.

Le Tallec in Valencia 2018/19:

37 games, 51 goals, 17 assists, 14 MOM and an avg. rating of 8.11

Winner of Primera Division

Winner of UEFA Cup

French player of the year (3 years in a row now)

Top scorer in La Liga

Top avg. rating in La Liga *

Most assists in La Liga *

Part of team of the year in La Liga

* This was also something he accomplished in Premier League but I can't look that up right now icon_smile.gif

And here's the problem

During his ENTIRE career he has played 8 games for France, scoring 2 goals. ALL of these games he has started on the bench and he gets to play 15 minutes TOPS, every game.

France has had 2 managers during this time, both not willing to play Damien.

He has never been nominated for FIFA World Player of the Year, I suppose this has something to do with the fact that he never gets to play for France?

He is by far, the best player in the world and has no real comparison in the french national team even if they have some good players.

And how come he DID NOT get the "Player of the year" award in Spain when he played the entire season, scored the most goals, made the most assists and had the highest average rating?!

The winner was Zeefuik (Real Madrid) who finished second in scoring with 33 goals compared to Damiens 51(!) league goals! 3rd on the player of the year award was in fact, my second(!) striker.

Damien Le Tallec is now 29 and until I'm the manager of France (I'm now at Spain + Valencia) I guess that he won't be able to play at all in the national team.

Can someone explain why the hell he is so overlooked?!

Haha, now I went to see France - Israel in a Euro qualifying game... To take a prt. sc. when he sat on the bench.. but guess what, he's not even on the bench!

And so far this season he's played 3 games, scored 6 goals, made 3 assist with an average rating of over 8...

Marvelous!

Maybe this should be in the bugs forum... but I'll post it here.

I'm using the 8.0.2 version and I'm now in season 2019/2020 with Valencia in the Primera.

My star player is Damien Le Tallec and I first bought him for Bolton in 2016/17 when he was 26 and his previous season at Derby was looking very promising. I payed about 18 million euros.

This is a player with 20 in headers and 20 in finishing.

Here's a short review of his career (with me):

2016/2017 - Bolton:

37 games, 30 goals, 11 assist, 8 MOM and an average rating of 7.57

Winner of European Supercup

Winner of UEFA Cup

Best player in England

Top scorer in the Premier League

Finished second in the "Golden shoe" comp.

2017/18 - Bolton

32 games, 36 goals, 18 assists, 8 MOM and an avg. rating of 7.88

First cap for France (substitute playing 10 min)

Best player in England

Top scorer of the Premier League

Winner of the Golden Shoe

Then I went on to bigger and better things with Valencia for the 2018/2019 season and the first thing I did was to buy Le Tallec for 22 million euros approx.

Le Tallec in Valencia 2018/19:

37 games, 51 goals, 17 assists, 14 MOM and an avg. rating of 8.11

Winner of Primera Division

Winner of UEFA Cup

French player of the year (3 years in a row now)

Top scorer in La Liga

Top avg. rating in La Liga *

Most assists in La Liga *

Part of team of the year in La Liga

* This was also something he accomplished in Premier League but I can't look that up right now icon_smile.gif

And here's the problem

During his ENTIRE career he has played 8 games for France, scoring 2 goals. ALL of these games he has started on the bench and he gets to play 15 minutes TOPS, every game.

France has had 2 managers during this time, both not willing to play Damien.

He has never been nominated for FIFA World Player of the Year, I suppose this has something to do with the fact that he never gets to play for France?

He is by far, the best player in the world and has no real comparison in the french national team even if they have some good players.

And how come he DID NOT get the "Player of the year" award in Spain when he played the entire season, scored the most goals, made the most assists and had the highest average rating?!

The winner was Zeefuik (Real Madrid) who finished second in scoring with 33 goals compared to Damiens 51(!) league goals! 3rd on the player of the year award was in fact, my second(!) striker.

Damien Le Tallec is now 29 and until I'm the manager of France (I'm now at Spain + Valencia) I guess that he won't be able to play at all in the national team.

Can someone explain why the hell he is so overlooked?!

Haha, now I went to see France - Israel in a Euro qualifying game... To take a prt. sc. when he sat on the bench.. but guess what, he's not even on the bench!

And so far this season he's played 3 games, scored 6 goals, made 3 assist with an average rating of over 8...

Marvelous!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

No caps = Low rep.

Low rep = No caps (I know I know)

Low rep = No nominations

Soooo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By that logic nobody would ever get caps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spanky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

No caps = Low rep.

Low rep = No nominations

By that logic nobody would ever get caps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spanky:

No caps = Low rep.

Low rep = No nominations

Exactly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Using the out-of-box version, thats pretty much what happened though.

Reputation? That's ridiculous..

France "star player" right now is a player that I "created".. well, I made him what he is today. And Damien Le Tallec was his MENTOR...

This player is the star of Liverpool, a team that belongs in the lower part of the league, every season. He hasn't accomplished anything too great yet and he hasn't won any awards. He will though, soon enough.

But I can't understand why they choose him over Damien.

And he should fit the system.. he's an attacking midfielder AND striker, although he's better in the role as a striker of course.

France is playing with a simple 4-4-2 as well..

I could.. I know it's simple but I don't want to "cheat" icon_smile.gif

I'll have to look at the positive, not the negative.. If Le Tallec would win FIFA World Player of the Year and if he would be the star of France and score lots of goals, some other big club might want to buy him and since the economy at Valencia is terrible they might sell him...

And now, I can keep him to myself.. I love him! And he loves me! (It says so in his profile.. so I believe it!)

So explain to me how in v802 season 2031, the England manager is getting lambasted for the surprise dropping of Tom Huddlestone, Micah Richards and Robert Green?? And if that doesn't make sense, they're a little old by now.

Even the latest patched version there is an enormous tendancy for managers to continue to pick players who've already got caps and ignore those insanely good players who are just on the bubble. Not necessarily playing for a massive club so have an average rep, but still brilliant.

Reputation is nearly everything in FM.

The "caps" issue got better with 8.0.2, but still not right. I remember on 801, Billy Sharp was probably the best English striker on the game in a few years but couldn't get a call up.

Yes, reputation plays far too big a part in FM08 - clubs as well as players. If a club like Bradford or Chesterfield wins the CL, or even gets to the quarter finals, this should boost their rep significantly, if only temporarily. IMO, league reps SHOULD remain very hard to improve (look at France IRL) but players and clubs should change along with achievements/success/results/ratings.

I suspect there are major coding issues with a variable reps, though, and it was less risky (with the number of other bugs in mind) to just fix reps within a few points.

Archived