From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

bourneview.png

I tried to find some great background information about this club, but I really couldn't. Bourneview Young Men is a club based in Portadown, County Armagh who were recently promoted from the Northern Irish Intermediate A Division.

Club Profile - the badge and stadium say it all, this is a tiny club.

Squad - literally a bunch of amateurs. I'll be looking to clear them out and replace them as soon as possible.

Finances - things look alright, but I have a tendency to ruin the finances of a club in the early years.

Facilities - we pretty much have nothing.

Game Setup

I've only loaded the Northern Irish leagues (down to the lowest division), but I've added players from top clubs, internationals and national reputation to bump up the database without giving too much bias to any particular league/country. This has given me a database of 44000 players and I'll consider adding more leagues if I start spotting gaps in this later on during my career.

My Aims

The last time I tried a game like this was with FM08, which didn't end too well. What I'm really hoping for is a long term game that will really test out the dynamic league reputation, but I imagine the first few years will be a struggle. Although I will be using all of the features for the first season or two, I'll be looking to cut down (press conferences and 3D match) in order to speed up my game. What I'm really hoping for is a game where I can get through the seasons quickly, so the updates will be pretty concise.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah I remember the Sirocco Works days, hopefully the league rep system will change things this time. Out of interest, why didn't you do this as part of Gundo's challenge?

I really wanted Sirocco Works, but I think they were in the league below.

Two reasons really. Firstly, I wanted to bump up the database to give me more players and secondly I'm trying to cut down my forum time (due to work etc.) so I decided against duplicating the posts.

Daf - If you really want to test DLR, surely you ought to load the top divisions of other leagues, to allow them to progress alongside you - even if they are on view-only?

I may well add some later on if I need to. It's going to be a long time before I could potentially affect the reputation of NI, so for now I don't really need them.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I love one-club careers in small countries and even more so with your tendency to develop players from your academy.

That's something that I may go into later on, but I have a feeling that I'm going to relying on foreign signings for many years!

It's going to be a long time before I could potentially affect the reputation of NI.

I disagree,so we'll see what we'll see.....won't we. :D

And what's with the question mark in the title? Having followed your escapades over the years there's not really any doubt they will become world beaters. :thup: Good luck dafuge.

Good luck with this dafuge. After a couple of seasons of journeyman saves, I've also been twmpted back to a one-club career. I think I missed the feeling of having built up a team all by myself as well as the chance to develop a youngster right from thier youth intake beginnings to the end of their career. :)

I'll do a journeyman once my challenge career is over though ;)

Good luck with this dafuge. After a couple of seasons of journeyman saves, I've also been tempted back to a one-club career. I think I missed the feeling of having built up a team all by myself as well as the chance to develop a youngster right from thier youth intake beginnings to the end of their career. :)

That's exactly what I missed with FM11, I'm looking forward to making a club my own and hopefully seeing some player careers in full.

Bourneview Young Men - Championship Two - 2012/13

The aim for this season was to start building a squad of young players who could take this club forward over the next few years.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was embarrssingly easy, with just the one defeat, 3-1 to Ballyclare.

Mid-Ulster Cup - I started rotating the squad in this local cup, but after beating Premiership Newry we found ourselves in the final, which we won.

Intermediate Cup - another low profile cup and another cup win for us.

Irish League Cup - this was more important, but we fell at the first hurdle.

Irish Cup - this is the big one, with a place in Europe at stake. We were going well but got outplayed by Premiership opposition in the semi final.

Squad - it is still a work in progress, but these players are far too good for this league. I think this squad could do well in the top flight.

Transfers - I started off bringing in a lot of foreigners, but as my scouts got going I found some great players a bit closer to home.

Finances - despite staying within my wage budget, I've racked up quite a debt. A £65k player sale will help, but there might need to be more sales.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Muir - he started slowly but is looking like a great signing.

Darjan Mevlja - he was ripping the league apart at the age of 15 but then suffered a bad injury. I hope he recovers.

Johannes Westo - the creative force in my midfield.

Nathan Baker - a new signing who could be my best player.

Sandro Veladzic - one of my first signings who does well when picked.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         League, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners

Next Season

This season was a bit of a surprise, so I'm looking forward to playing against some better opposition in the league next year. While the two cup wins were great, we actually made a small loss on each one due to the bonuses and the prize money, I think next season I will rest players in both of the smaller cup competitions.

Other sides don't tend to look outside what their scouts and assistant directly recommend to them I don't think, so if you're manually casting your net further afield you're bound to find much better options.

I suppose so. Although, the best players I've signed have been Scottish, where every team is able to scout.

I shouldn't really be complaining though :D

Brilliant first season. Think I'm going to try a similar game in Northern Ireland, only really like playing with one club and I've played a Charlton game on the last couple of versions.

What date is season update day in Northern Ireland?

Brilliant first season. Think I'm going to try a similar game in Northern Ireland, only really like playing with one club and I've played a Charlton game on the last couple of versions.

What date is season update day in Northern Ireland?

It's the 19th June (so save on the 18th).

Archived