+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 1544

Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters

Amateur

Do you think the champions league will be held at Dafuge Park sometime soon?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by resde34 View Post
    Do you think the champions league will be held at Dafuge Park sometime soon?
    Dafuge Park has been demolished, it could be held at Dafuge Stadium though ;)

Amateur

Have you had any luck getting good feeder clubs?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    Have you had any luck getting good feeder clubs?
    None at all. Occasionally I get a local one but usually it ends up getting cancelled leaving me with none.

The board agree to a merchandising one but never manage to find a suitable one

Amateur

I was wondering how you train your players? What schedules you use and does it really have an impact on the players?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rGade View Post
    I was wondering how you train your players? What schedules you use and does it really have an impact on the players?
    I use the same schedules that I set up when the current training system was introduced, which are split into the seven different positions I use in my formation.

No idea how good they are though as I've nothing to compare them to.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    None at all. Occasionally I get a local one but usually it ends up getting cancelled leaving me with none.

The board agree to a merchandising one but never manage to find a suitable one
    Damn, have you ever recommended one yourself?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    Damn, have you ever recommended one yourself?
    I think I've only tried once or twice, but with no luck.

Amateur

You are pushing me to abandon my current game for a bit similar test, but i hardley stayed 2-3 years for one club when i play at lower leagues LOL.

well done dagfuge .. how many leagues & editor data addition you run ?

World Cup Winner

I've just got the NI leagues loaded, but quite a lot of extra players retained from around the world. I think the database had around 50k players at the start.

Amateur

How many days of playtime do you have on this save?

Amateur

Anxiously waiting for Tobermore's first title.

World Cup Winner

How many days of playtime do you have on this save?
    Nearly 34 days

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    Anxiously waiting for Tobermore's first title.
    I will love it if they beat us! Love it! ;)

Part-Timer

Have the other clubs in NI started to improve their youth intakes ?

Amateur

Absolutely love this career, one of the best

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Karma'd you over on 2 because this is so good

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    Karma'd you over on 2 because this is so good
    Thanks

Amateur

How are Tobermore doing? Are they going to qualify for Europe?

World Cup Winner

How are Tobermore doing? Are they going to qualify for Europe?
    They should make the EL, but might have an outside chance of making the CL.

Amateur
    Still annoying the cameraman at the back of the boothen end every home game!

I'm amazed how you still find the patience to carry this on!! Most people (including myself) would have given up by now, or at least tried to force progress by taking over another club. Have you been close at any point?
    Do you feel you will ever achieve what you set out to achieve at the start?

As always...you out do us all daf!!

Amateur

May I ask for one more screen to be added to the season report - top leaague transfers. It would be interesting to see what other clubs are doing in the transfer market.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by scfcbostock View Post
    I'm amazed how you still find the patience to carry this on!! Most people (including myself) would have given up by now, or at least tried to force progress by taking over another club. Have you been close at any point?
    Do you feel you will ever achieve what you set out to achieve at the start?

As always...you out do us all daf!!
    Although it has been tempting, I've not really considered moving away from my plan.

Ideally I'd like to take NI to the top of the competition rankings, but I doubt I'll ever make it.

Part-Timer

To go through these games quickly,do you go on holiday ?

Part-Timer

I think he said before that it's all on commentary only and assistant manager taking care of things where possible to speed things up.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    I think he said before that it's all on commentary only and assistant manager taking care of things where possible to speed things up.
    So he play all matches on commentary and maybe ask assistant to pick the side and other stuff.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Animosama View Post
    To go through these games quickly,do you go on holiday ?
    I don't ever go on holiday (other than the very first season to get a new club promoted).

I do play quickly though, by watching matches with commentary only and letting my assistant take the press conferences and team talks. I always choose the side though as squad rotation is crucial for keeping my best players fresh for the Champions League games.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2057/58

Things were looking good in Northern Ireland as we looked to get a fourth club in the Champions League group stage.

League Table

We were a bit sloppy this season as we threw away a few points.

Domestic Cups - we blew the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - we didn't deserve it, but we won it on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - a dominant win.

UEFA Champions League - despite a shocking loss in the group stage we made our way to the final. Just a shame we blew it.

Glentoran in Europe - they had a tough group, but failed in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they also got a tough group, and struggled.

Newry in Europe - didn't get anywhere near the Champions League, but made a good effort at the Europa League.

Squad - the squad is still fairly young, so there should be more to come from them.

Youth Products - some of the more talented players have left due to lack of first team action, there's not a lot to back them up.

Transfers - a few unhappy players were sold and replaced.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - a stunning season from our big hope.

Juan Ignacio Sosa - not a bad season for a backup player.

Claudio Ferraiuolo - had a decent season playing in the AMC role.

- another great year on the wing.

Gareth Hudson - a youth prospect who is highly rated.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
    2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
    2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
    2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
    2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    Next Season

Cliftonville miss out as we lose out on the Champions League for the first time in ages. We must win that back.

World Cup Winner

May I ask for one more screen to be added to the season report - top leaague transfers. It would be interesting to see what other clubs are doing in the transfer market.
    Here it is for this season

I don't really want to add it to my report (I'd rather cut that down if anything), but I'll be more than happy to produce a screenshot upon request.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 6th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - no change
    Northern Ireland - 7th in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Northern Ireland - 44th in FIFA rankings - no change

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Glentoran - 19th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Linfield - 27th in UEFA coefficients - up 3
    Newry - 57th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Cliftonville - 84th in UEFA coefficients- down 8

Our loss hurt us, we've lost that fourth CL place

World Cup Winner

Newry have been taken over by a tycoon

Youth Team

2 tycoons in the league will be interesting, surlely one will suceed.

Things are definitely getting better for the other sides in N.Ireland. Hopefully when you win the Champions League back it will get even better.

Amateur

Hopefully they actually spend the money

Reserves

Hi dafuge. I'm doing something similar to you but in Wales and I'd like to know what date the reputations and coefficients update so I can do a reputations update like you do. Thanks

World Cup Winner

I don't know the date, but it's a few weeks after the season finishes. I'll have a look next time I get there.

Reserves

I don't know the date, but it's a few weeks after the season finishes. I'll have a look next time I get there.
    Dont worry, If it's when you get a message in your inbox saying about the reputations then I doubt I'll miss it. Thanks for the reply

World Cup Winner

You get a message for all of them, but they don't all come at once. There's a small gap between them.

Youth Team

I think the league reputation one comes around the 7th of June and the Club/Co-efficient one comes at around the 15th of June.

Semi Pro

10 consecutive Champions Leagues with a Northern Irish side. Mental stuff here. Never get bored, Dafuge?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    10 consecutive Champions Leagues with a Northern Irish side. Mental stuff here. Never get bored, Dafuge?
    The winning gets a bit boring after a while, but I've still got plenty to keep me entertained in this save with the progress of the other clubs.

Just buying and selling players keeps me entertained

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2058/59

Last season we lost in the Champions League final, so we had to win that back to get the country back on track.

League Table

We were dominant as usual, but tycoon owned Tobermore and Newry are making great progress.

Domestic Cups - a clean sweep, even if one did take a replay.

UEFA Champions League - despite a couple of shocks in the group stage, we hit form once again, winning a close final. The semi final was the real story though.

Glentoran in Europe - they failed to beat the better teams in the group stage, then got a tough draw in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they came out on top in a huge battle with Bayern, then got a superb draw against us. We didn't hold back in the return leg.

Tobermore in Europe - they came unstuck against Liverpool but this just shows the progress they are making.

Squad - this is a strong squad with a fairly low average age, things are looking good.

Youth Products - we have produced a small number of decent players, but we just don't have the talent coming through to keep the reserves going. I'm going to ditch reporting on the reserves.

Transfers - a few of the older players were sold, along with some unhappy reserves.

Premiership Transfers - the spending is dominated by the big five clubs.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - technically he's not outstanding, but he scores for fun.

Valery Ryzhov - he was signed as a talented youngster and he's starting to impress.

Juan Ignacio Sosa - our second striker.

Ibán - I nearly sold him, but a 4 month injury to Jé gave him a chance to impress.

Jean Fevre - a backup winger, but he's doing well.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
    2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
    2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
    2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
    2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2057/58   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Linfield's run in Europe and the progress made by the tycoon owned clubs might mean we are on the brink of making some progress. Hopefully that fourth CL spot will be ours again soon.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 8th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - down 2
    Northern Ireland - 7th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 63rd in FIFA rankings - down 19

Glentoran - 19th in UEFA coefficients - down 2
    Linfield - 22nd in UEFA coefficients - up 5
    Newry - 64th in UEFA coefficients - down 7
    Tobermore United - 90th in UEFA coefficients - up 102

This doesn't look good, but I think there could be more to come. We have closed the gap to Russia in 6th, so we have a chance of reclaining that extra CL spot if we are successful.

Linfield are definitely making progress .

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Linfield are definitely making progress .
    It definitely looks like the power is shifting back to Linfield from Glentoran. Hopefully one of the others will break those two up at some point.

Amateur

Next season should be very interesting.

Youth Team

Think that season was just the calm before the storm. Think the other will make some great progress in europe this year.

Amateur

I see that you have sold some players to other Prem clubs. Did you reject offers from abroad for them and choose rival clubs to help them improve? I always do that in similar games.

Amateur

Fantastic to see Linfield do well in the Champions League, and good to see you taking back your trophy! Do you have any idea when FM13 is coming out? It can't be too long can it? I've searched a few places for it, but can't seem to find a release date.

World Cup Winner

I see that you have sold some players to other Prem clubs. Did you reject offers from abroad for them and choose rival clubs to help them improve? I always do that in similar games.
    A mixture really, usually the NI clubs were the only ones interested but I chose to sell a couple of players to NI clubs to keep them in the country playing regularly.

World Cup Winner

Fantastic to see Linfield do well in the Champions League, and good to see you taking back your trophy! Do you have any idea when FM13 is coming out? It can't be too long can it? I've searched a few places for it, but can't seem to find a release date.
    I'm guessing late October or early November, just because that's when it is normally released.

It definitely looks like the power is shifting back to Linfield from Glentoran. Hopefully one of the others will break those two up at some point.
    Yeah. Tobermore was a pleasent surprise to see on your update.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Yeah. Tobermore was a pleasent surprise to see on your update.
    I think Tobermore/Newry will overtake Linfield/Glentoran if the tycoons stick around. I really hope they do.

Amateur

Valery Ryzhov looks a good player there bud another good season too

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2059/60

Last season was great for Northern Ireland as the tycoon owned clubs started to make progress, hopefully they can build on it this year.

League Table

A huge shock as Tobermore finished above Linfield, taking their Champions League spot in the process.

Domestic Cups - things were looking good until we blew the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - no idea how this went to extra time, but we got the win we deserved.

FIFA Club World Cup - no problems winning this one.

UEFA Champions League - things were pretty easy this year as we hit form in the latter stages, although the final was fairly tight.

Glentoran in Europe - they really hit back after the recent success of Linfield, just a shame they were a bit unlucky against Real Madrid.

Linfield in Europe - after the success of last season, this was a disaster.

Tobermore in Europe - nothing like last season.

Squad - this is a great squad, but there is room for improvement. I've abandoned the reserves, so this is my entire squad.

Transfers - possibly our quietest season ever for transfers.

Premiership Transfers - it is great to see some of the clubs looking abroad for talent.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - he missed two months through injury, but still scored quite a few.

Martín Fernández - scored plenty while Marcus was injured.

Valery Ryzhov - could well take a first team place soon.

Simon Monteil - a superb midfielder.

Hamilton - has mentioned wanting a new challenge, so may be off at some point.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

There seems to be some good competition between the four other big clubs in the country, hopefully they can really push forward and start finding some success in Europe.

Amateur

Hey , could you share the roles of you're players in the diamond tactic? I'm trying to find the right balance and am unsure about a few roles How much a year are you spending on wages? Have any other clubs built new stadiums yet or increase the size of their current stadium?

Amateur

good win in champions League final there bud yet another good season

Amateur

Great read as ever Dafuge.

I was wondering how do you keep so many foreign players on your squad and still meet the player rules for your domestic competition and for the champions league?.

Also when you want to get rid of a player who is maybe coming to the end of his peak how do you deal with letting them go?. Do they get all angry when they go from being a key player to transfer listed and not needed? - do the club and the fans get angry? or do they just trust your judgement after the excellent work you've done for their team.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sears View Post
    Hey , could you share the roles of you're players in the diamond tactic? I'm trying to find the right balance and am unsure about a few roles How much a year are you spending on wages? Have any other clubs built new stadiums yet or increase the size of their current stadium?
    My Tactics

I wouldn't try and copy it though, it really isn't anything special. The only reason for my success is the players I have.

Salary

I keep a small squad and I'm tight on wages, so I don't spend a huge amount more than the others.

Glentoran appear to be the only other club who have built a new stadium, the 26641 capacity 'Glentoran Stadium'.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Crewey View Post
    Great read as ever Dafuge.

I was wondering how do you keep so many foreign players on your squad and still meet the player rules for your domestic competition and for the champions league?.

Also when you want to get rid of a player who is maybe coming to the end of his peak how do you deal with letting them go?. Do they get all angry when they go from being a key player to transfer listed and not needed? - do the club and the fans get angry? or do they just trust your judgement after the excellent work you've done for their team.
    There are no foreigner rules for the league, so that ones easy. For the Champions League I sometimes have to leave the odd player out, but I keep a small squad with a few local players in so usually it is not a problem.

I don't hold back when it comes to selling players. I wait until the transfer window is open so if they do get unhappy it isn't for long before they are sold. There's usually a backlash from the fans but it doesn't seem to last.

World Cup Winner

My chairman status has dropped, looks like there could be another takeover on the horizon

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 8th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - no change
    Northern Ireland - 34th in FIFA rankings - up 29

Glentoran - 22nd in UEFA coefficients - down 3
    Linfield - 2oth in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Newry - 63rd in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Tobermore United - 80th in UEFA coefficients - up 10

It looks like there is very little chance of reclaiming that extra CL spot until the 57/58 season drops off the coefficients as we did badly and Russia had a great year. Looks like we need three strong years in a row.

Amateur

It's important for Tobermore and Newry to improve their coefficients, so they could get easier opponents in the draw. Amazing thing, these coefficients. Good results lead to easier path to even better results, and all you need is consistency. Same teams repeating year after year. I hate it when some club that is ranked low qualifies for Europe.

Amateur

Dafuge, could you let me know how you manage to sell players for such high amounts, especially players that probably hold backup or squad player statuses in your team? I've seen £40-60m transfer fees for your players, and in my current FM game, I can't get those sort of figures for players like C. Ronaldo, Rooney or even Messi! Is there something you do to attract the large bids?

Youth Team

There's more money swilling around later on in the game.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DamianJMcGrath View Post
    Dafuge, could you let me know how you manage to sell players for such high amounts, especially players that probably hold backup or squad player statuses in your team? I've seen £40-60m transfer fees for your players, and in my current FM game, I can't get those sort of figures for players like C. Ronaldo, Rooney or even Messi! Is there something you do to attract the large bids?
    Here's a list

Some of them are bids from rich clubs, others are just amounts I've offered them at. None of them would be backup/squad players though, I always try and sell players when they are at the top of their game and are featuring regularly in the first team.

Amateur

Even when I play Ronaldo and Messi in the vast majority of games, they hardly ever attract attention, and even if I offer them out, most clubs won't bid because of the wages. I guess the trick is to buy young, buy cheap, put on lowish wages, train up, then sell high. That's why your youngsters sell, and that's why the Ronaldo's and Messi's don't, I guess.

Have you noticed an increase in the frequency of bids/the values of bids as the game has progressed - do you reckon teams are more willing to offer £50m in 2060 than in 2012?

Also, final question - did you get any stick from fans or players for selling your key players?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DamianJMcGrath View Post
    Even when I play Ronaldo and Messi in the vast majority of games, they hardly ever attract attention, and even if I offer them out, most clubs won't bid because of the wages. I guess the trick is to buy young, buy cheap, put on lowish wages, train up, then sell high. That's why your youngsters sell, and that's why the Ronaldo's and Messi's don't, I guess.

Have you noticed an increase in the frequency of bids/the values of bids as the game has progressed - do you reckon teams are more willing to offer £50m in 2060 than in 2012?

Also, final question - did you get any stick from fans or players for selling your key players?
    That could be it, I never pay out hige wages (around £35k p/w max) which may attract more bids.

It's really hard for me to tell if the bids have increased as in 2012 I did not have the players to sell for those srts of prices. The bids have certainly increased as my club has grown, but I don't think the date has anything to do with it.

The fans always complain about losing favourite players, but they soon get over it. I sometimes get players complaining about player sales, but I often end up replacing them which keeps them happy again.

Amateur

Daf, first of all what a career! As usual you have inspired me when all seemed lost! Secondly, why does the number of relegation places keep changing? Is it due to the amount of European qualifiers you have for such a small league??

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 68_Grandad_99 View Post
    Daf, first of all what a career! As usual you have inspired me when all seemed lost! Secondly, why does the number of relegation places keep changing? Is it due to the amount of European qualifiers you have for such a small league??
    There's a playoff with the league below to decide a relegation/promotion place.

Slow steps for the other clubs I see.

World Cup Winner

We have the following in the group stages:

Champions League: Bourneview, Glentoran, Tobermore
    Europa League: Linfield, Newry, Cliftonville, Dungannon

Dungannon failed to make the top half split in the Premiership last season, but have just knocked out Celtic to get to the group stage

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Guess, what I've been doing the last 2-3 hours... what a great read! Pure inspiration. Your dominance is unbelievable. I hope I can do such a save in the near future. KUTGW!

Amateur

Hopefully this will be the best season yet for NI in terms of coefficients.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2060/61

Things are getting more competitive in Northern Ireland, so hopefully the performances in Europe can improve.

League Table

There was a great fight between 2nd and 4th, with Glentoran missing out on the Champions League this time. Not quite sure what happened to Newry though.

Domestic Cups - just the one loss, in the League Cup.

UEFA Super Cup - this game was a lot closer than it should have been.

FIFA Club World Cup - Boca were terrible, no idea how we didn't score more.

UEFA Champions League - we weren't great in the group stage, but things got really interesting later on. Just a shame the historical final was so one sided.

Glentoran in Europe - they were flying in Europe this year, and came close to knocking us out and reaching the final.

Linfield in Europe - another poor Europa League season. Newry, Cliftonville and Dungannon also made the group stages but Newry were the only team to get out of the group (then lost to Malaga).

Tobermore in Europe - a superb season as they managed to go one better than bot Glentoran and Linfield have done in the past.

Squad - the squad is in great shape at the moment.

Transfers - a fair bit of action this year as I made a few changes.

Premiership Transfers - we dominated the transfer action this year.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - he missed another couple of months through injury, but he approaching half way to his target of 1000.

Carlos Goossens - I splashed the cash on him, although he didn't quite live up to expectations.

Ibán - he impressed again when stepping in due to injury.

Gerban Idrissi - he was the replacement for Hamilton, and seems to be scoring lots.

Martín Fernández - dependable as ever.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2058/59   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2059/60   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Things couldn't have gone much better for Northern Ireland this year, I can't wait to see what this has done for our coefficients.

World Cup Winner

We've just gained an extra Europa League spot for next year thanks to the fair play league, meaning 8/12 of the Premiership teams are in Europe

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 9th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - down 1

Glentoran - 23rd in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Linfield - 28th in UEFA coefficients - down 8
    Newry - 58th in UEFA coefficients - up 5
    Tobermore United - 42nd in UEFA coefficients - up 38

It wasn't enough to climb to 6th and that extra CL spot, but it could happen in two years time. We might even have a chance of making 5th if things go well. Not quite sure how the league reputation has managed to drop though

Amateur

That's an unbelievable season for Northern Ireland, hope that continues!

Amateur

We've just gained an extra Europa League spot for next year thanks to the fair play league, meaning 8/12 of the Premiership teams are in Europe
    Not always a good thing. That 8th team will most likely fail to do well, and total coeffiecients will be divided with 8, instead of 7.

World Cup Winner

Not always a good thing. That 8th team will most likely fail to do well, and total coeffiecients will be divided with 8, instead of 7.
    That's the big problem we have, we have five strong clubs but the rest are fairly awful.

We need more tycoons

Amateur

How come portadown didnt get the next european spot
    It just skips right past them and gives it to Ballamena

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    The spot came from the fair play league, so I'm assuming Ballymena had the best fair play record of the eligible teams.

Semi Pro

The spot came from the fair play league, so I'm assuming Ballymena had the best fair play record of the eligible teams.
    Yep, exactly as Dafuge says. If your league wins a Fair Play spot, the highest non European competition qualified team gets the spot.

World Cup Winner

CL semi finalists last season, this time Glentoran lose in their first EL qualifying match :mad:

Cliftonville and Dungannon have made the group stages again though

Amateur

Is detail level for Europa League set to All?

World Cup Winner

Is detail level for Europa League set to All?
    No, it isn't. Detail levels are set to the absolute minimum. What sort of difference do you think that would make? Would it help the NI clubs if I turned it on?

Amateur

From my knowledge, when set to minimum the most important factor that determines the result of the game is reputation. I am not sure if changing it would help the NI clubs though.

Amateur

Did it take breaking into the top ten of European competitions for your players default values to be on par with the other large leagues?
    Last edited by drtrick; 07-07-2012 at 21:56.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drtrick View Post
    Did it take breaking into the top ten of European competitions for your players default values to be on par with the other large leagues?
    Vukojevic was worth £34m when NI was 13th in the rankings, but the values generally seem to improve as the reputation of the club/league did.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2061/62

Northern Ireland had a great time last season in Europe, so we wanted more of the same.

League Table

The top half is becoming more competitive, which is great.

Domestic Cups - the only loss was due to international call ups.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it took a while, but we got the win we deserved.

UEFA Champions League - we breezed through the group stage, but things got interesting in the knockout rounds. The final was a classic.

Glentoran in Europe - useless.

Linfield in Europe - pretty good, apart from the odd shocker.

Tobermore in Europe - it was a miracle that they finished third, but they did well to get another win after that.

Squad - in great shape.

Transfers - a few switches, and one record breaking transfer.

Premiership Transfers - Newry and Tobermore spending big once again.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - injuries held him back once again, but he's still banging them in.

Kamil Moreau - I went crazy and blew my transfer policy, thinking he was the nuts. He started slowly but did pretty well. Just not £55m well.

Gareth Hudson - only played the less important games but made a huge impact.

Carlos Goossens - a superb support striker.

Martín Fernández - the dependable striker.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2060/61   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership,  Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2061/62   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

We could really do with the tycoon owned clubs making a regular impact in Europe.

Amateur

Strange how Glentoran did so well in the league just to fall straight away in Europe.

Seeing the date makes me depressed that I'll probably never see the WPL as a major international league if it's taken you this long to get Bourneview here

Great read as always though!

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 7th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 2

Glentoran - 23rd in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Linfield - 24th in UEFA coefficients - up 4
    Newry - 75th in UEFA coefficients - down 17
    Tobermore United - 33rd in UEFA coefficients - up 9

Amateur

The league standings are looking good now I think it's because of the extra help of the tycoon owned clubs

World Cup Winner

The league standings are looking good now I think it's because of the extra help of the tycoon owned clubs
    They have made a huge difference, I just hope they stick around for long enough.

They could also do with building some new grounds, Tobermore are still playing in a 1000 capacity stadium

World Cup Winner

'Will listen to offers'

Here we go again

Amateur

Hey dafuge, I've been following your many careers for a while, I was wondering if you have thought of any plans for FM13 yet, or are you going to decide nearer the time?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sholadona View Post
    Hey dafuge, I've been following your many careers for a while, I was wondering if you have thought of any plans for FM13 yet, or are you going to decide nearer the time?
    I haven't got anything in mind really, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Amateur

Maybe get Rangers back up through the leagues and to be the best in europe?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by zagaluke View Post
    Maybe get Rangers back up through the leagues and to be the best in europe?
    I imagine that will be quite a popular choice, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I prefer to take a small club with no history up through the leagues, so I can really build the club up from nothing.

Amateur

Rangers will fly back up anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast