+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1544

Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters

Amateur

90,000 capacity?? That's insane! Well done sir!

I had a go at recreating your tactic - it did not go well. The gaps in the midfield were too much for my team to cope with. Most people I speak to say it can't work - I think you are proving people wrong.

Do you literally just plug and play? Or do you amend the playing style (i.e. attack, counter etc) depending on who you play. I see from your screenshot that you have three tactics in there - what are the differences? I don't want to turn a good career thread into a tactic one - but I'm enthralled in what people do and how they get it to work. Your players also seem amazing - I suppose I'm only in season three, so the newgens haven't managed to develop enough yet - but the quality team you have is mouth-watering!

Amateur

Amazing 100 times bigger than my stadium. My expansion got blocked by the council. Have now qualified for the Chanpions League though. First game 150 people watched me host Barca and only lose 3-0. Then Celtic beat me 1-0 in last ten minutes. Then my first win came at home to OM 3-0. Loving Northern Ireland.

Semi Pro

90,000 is just mental.

Amateur

90,000 capacity. The stadium would probably be the size of Tandragee itself never mind holding the population of the town. Fantastic job there

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by swedishchef_uk View Post
    Do you literally just plug and play? Or do you amend the playing style (i.e. attack, counter etc) depending on who you play. I see from your screenshot that you have three tactics in there - what are the differences? I don't want to turn a good career thread into a tactic one - but I'm enthralled in what people do and how they get it to work. Your players also seem amazing - I suppose I'm only in season three, so the newgens haven't managed to develop enough yet - but the quality team you have is mouth-watering!
    I really do plug and play, I never change the tactic unless we have players sent off. I have three tactics loaded just to keep my coaches happy with the match prep, all three are identical!

Amateur

Wow, this was a crazy read! Well done mate.

I've been hitting something of a glass ceiling with Ireland's Galway United. Always make the Champions League group stage, more cash than I can spend, but the Irish teams suck and just don't help our coeff, and I'm finding it impossible to make the leap to being able to buy the best players. Am I basically screwed until other Irish teams raise our coeff? I noticed that your first win of the Champs League wasn't with a phenomenal side, so maybe I should be doing better in Europe and I'm just not that good!

Btw, do you change tactics for home and away? I saw your msg above, but do you play less attacking away?

World Cup Winner

I had one lucky season, then a few where we just made the group stage and no more. It just takes a bit of time as it is difficult to get out of the group until your seeding improves to at least 2nd.

I play the same tactics home and away.

Amateur

Do you have a download for this save? - and have you ever considered making YouTube videos on FM12? Because I really think you'd be able to attract some people to watch your vids, I know I certainly would. You seem to be pretty good at it, and people (including me) could definitely learn from you aswell I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rGade View Post
    I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!
    It's called Dafuge Stadium in his screenshot, haha.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rGade View Post
    Do you have a download for this save? - and have you ever considered making YouTube videos on FM12? Because I really think you'd be able to attract some people to watch your vids, I know I certainly would. You seem to be pretty good at it, and people (including me) could definitely learn from you aswell I was also wondering, since you're getting a new stadium, what's it going to be called? Still Dafuge Park, or will it get renamed? Keep up the good work on this save!
    As always, I don't like to put my games up for download while I'm still playing them, but I'm happy to afterwards. That will probably be once FM13 is realeased though.

I'm not really that interested in making videos, mostly because my free time is fairly limited so I like to use as much of it as possible to play the game.

The new stadium is going to be called 'Dafuge Stadium'. Not the greatest name

Amateur

I have to say, i know you said you didn't want to help the other clubs. But i'm surprised early on you continues to go for the domestic cups. I personally would have though it would be better to throw them and spread the wealth across the league. And offer some backups to other league clubs on the cheap (but obviously this would be helping them out)... Have you considered adding a second manager at another prem side to speed to development up or are you still hoping they can do it alone.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jops14 View Post
    I have to say, i know you said you didn't want to help the other clubs. But i'm surprised early on you continues to go for the domestic cups. I personally would have though it would be better to throw them and spread the wealth across the league. And offer some backups to other league clubs on the cheap (but obviously this would be helping them out)... Have you considered adding a second manager at another prem side to speed to development up or are you still hoping they can do it alone.
    I've tried to play without deliberately influencing the other clubs, so even though I regularly field weak teams in the cups, I always put out a team that I think will win.

I have sold a few youngsters to other clubs, but at reasonable youngsters. Occaisionally I free transfer the odd decent player (because they are unhappy) but the other clubs never seem to pick them up :mad:

I definitely won't be managing a second team, I want them to do them by themselves, even if that means we make no more progress.

Amateur

If only we knew who is going to buy your current stadium and what are they going to do with it. Not really realistic.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    If only we knew who is going to buy your current stadium and what are they going to do with it. Not really realistic.
    Will probably become housing or an industrial estate like a lot of old grounds

Seems a bit of a waste considering it is the biggest stadium in the country.

Amateur

i bet they still play the N. Ireland games at Windsor park.

Reserves

Nice, it got upgraded from a 'Park' to a 'Stadium'.

90,000 fans going to see a Northern Irish team .

Amateur

How big is Bourneview?

Where do they keep finding the land to build lol

Amateur

My first champions league group stage ended up with just 3 points. But that isn't so bad. My win came at home against OM.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2051/52

Things had been going well recently, and news of a new stadium gave us something to look forward to.

League Table

The usual one draw, but Newry look to be making excellent progress.

Domestic Cups - we blew a couple of cup finals, but it is fairly insignificant.

UEFA Super Cup - a deserved victory, just.

FIFA Club World Cup - an easy win.

UEFA Champions League - we stormed every important game this season, including a dominant final.

Glentoran in Europe - fairly unspectacular, although the draw was tough on them.

Linfield in Europe - stupidly frustrating, as three great draws were coupled with two stupid defeats.

Squad - the squad is in great shape, with no major rebuilding needed.

Youth Products - the local reserve squad is not a huge success as a lot of players complain about lack of first team action, resulting in free transfers which often lead to early retirement. That's the last thing I need when they are often NI internationals.

Transfers - a few youngsters out and a complete overhaul of the right wingers.

Key Player Profiles:

Hernán Rodríguez - his place as the main striker is under threat, with a switch to supporting striker likely.

Angelo - his goalscoring record continues as he pushes to become the main striker.

Hamilton - a superb winger.

Andrezinho - the star midfielder.

Pablo Torres - a new signing who has made a big impact.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
    2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
    2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
    2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
    2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  Irish Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

With the announcement of Dafuge Stadium, all we can do is wait. Elsewhere, we can hope that Newry qualify for the Champions League.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Linfield in Europe - stupidly frustrating, as three great draws were coupled with two stupid defeats.
    Looking at those results, did Austria Vienna qualify? If so, whilst not great for the furthering of Northern Irish football, great job from them!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Chutney132 View Post
    Looking at those results, did Austria Vienna qualify? If so, whilst not great for the furthering of Northern Irish football, great job from them!
    They lost every game apart from the two against Linfield

They finished third, then got stuffed 5-0 by Besiktas in the Europa League.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - down 2
    Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Northern Ireland - 74th in FIFA rankings - up 17

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Glentoran - 34th in UEFA coefficients - down 3
    Linfield - 42nd in UEFA coefficients - down 3

Amateur

I've turned professional WOO!!!
    Now can scout around Europe and offer full time contracts. Expect this to make a difference.
    However the council have turned down my stadium expansion again.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2052/53

The news of a new stadium gave us something to look forward to as the rest of the Northern Irish clubs struggled to keep up.

League Table

We threw away a few points as usual.

Domestic Cups - we made a mess of the Irish Cup but won the rest.

UEFA Super Cup - easy enough.

FIFA Club World Cup - easy, but it could have been a lot more.

UEFA Champions League - almost flawless as we stormed to another win.

Glentoran in Europe - did brilliantly to qualify, but had a tough group. The Europa League effort was shocking.

Linfield in Europe - revenge over the Austrians was the only redeeming feature of this season.

Squad - the squad is in great shape.

Youth Products - it is taking time, but the national team is benefiting from our youths.

Transfers - a few transfers were made in order to keep the profits up.

Key Player Profiles:

João Nabais - in the search for a star striker I splashed the cash. He looked superb until the injury.

Ângelo - had a great season, pushing for a first team place.

Hamilton - a superb winger.

Felipe Mansilla - a rock in midfield.

Andrezinho - superb in midfield.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
    2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
    2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
    2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
    2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
    2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

With the new stadium due at the end of the next season, we just need to keep winning to make the most of it.

In other news, Northern Ireland managed to win the Carling Nations Cup. Which was nice.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 12th in European competitions (3 stars, down half a star) - down 2
    Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 47th in FIFA rankings - up 27

Glentoran - 29th in UEFA coefficients - up 5
    Linfield - 52nd in UEFA coefficients - down 10
    Last edited by dafuge; 27-05-2012 at 08:41.

Amateur

Back to 10th place in UEFA coefficients.

World Cup Winner

Back to 10th place in UEFA coefficients.
    Just as it looked like NI was creeping up the rankings we fall back down again

Amateur

Hey dafuge, just looking at your squad list...do you play AMCs in the Treq role up front? Reason I ask is because all four of your strikers best role (I assume that's the column you have there) is listed as Poacher...

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

You must be starting to get fustrated with the lack of progress from other teams. Just went back to page 8 and in your 38/39 update NI were 11th in the coefficients. Only 1 place of progress in nearly 15 years must have you raging at Linfield and Glentoran

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Edinton View Post
    Hey dafuge, just looking at your squad list...do you play AMCs in the Treq role up front? Reason I ask is because all four of your strikers best role (I assume that's the column you have there) is listed as Poacher...
    The treq role is usually a mixture, rotating between poachers and AMCs. It's a tough spot to fill in the team.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ri916 View Post
    You must be starting to get fustrated with the lack of progress from other teams. Just went back to page 8 and in your 38/39 update NI were 11th in the coefficients. Only 1 place of progress in nearly 15 years must have you raging at Linfield and Glentoran
    It does feel like we've hit a bit of a wall

All we need though is a few decent performances then a bit of consistency. I'm still ploughing on in the hope we get it

Third Team

Have just read through the whole thread, incredible stuff as always Just wondered if you'd ever considered trying to complete the Danny Roberts challenge once more, seeing as you should easily be able to do it in N. Ireland?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Have just read through the whole thread, incredible stuff as always Just wondered if you'd ever considered trying to complete the Danny Roberts challenge once more, seeing as you should easily be able to do it in N. Ireland?
    I'm constantly on the lookout for a striker who I think is 'the one', but I can never seem to find one young enough that is good enough. Most of the strikers I've had seem fairly similar, I haven't had a standout since Vuko.

Third Team

I'm constantly on the lookout for a striker who I think is 'the one', but I can never seem to find one young enough that is good enough. Most of the strikers I've had seem fairly similar, I haven't had a standout since Vuko.
    Shame that, I presume you'd keep him past 30 if you thought he had a shot at the 1000?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Shame that, I presume you'd keep him past 30 if you thought he had a shot at the 1000?
    If I find one who stands a chance of making 1000 then I'll let him retire at the club, unless he clearly isn't going to make it.

Amateur

I was almost surprised, that you have finished 1st every season apart from one, but then I remembered who's thread I was reading.

Keep it up Dafuge even if it takes till fm 13 for the rest of the league to catch up.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2053/54

With the new stadium due at the end of this season, we wanted to make sure we were opening it as champions.

League Table

We threw away a few points as usual, but it was a shame to see Newry slip down after making the Europa League group stage.

Domestic Cups - nearly a clean sweep, but we lot out in the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - a tight game, but we got the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was close until the last few minutes as we won again.

UEFA Champions League - complete domination, although the final was tight as we were suffering with injuries.

Glentoran in Europe - finally they made it out of the group stage, but that was it.

Linfield in Europe - a really unlucky season, but still pretty decent.

Squad - the squad is really strong at the moment.

Youth Products - still only a small number of decent players, but we have made a huge difference with the national team.

Transfers - just a bit of squad trimming to keep the profits going.

Key Player Profiles:

João Nabais - it wasn't a huge total, but he led the scoring again.

Marcus Bickerstaff - came through the youth system last season and is already making an impact.

Martín Fernández - a new striker who looks promising.

Andrezinho - another great year for the midfielder.

Steven Lennon - still the standout player from our youth system.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

With the new stadium weeks away from being opened, it is an exciting time at the club.

More exciting than that is the rise of the Northern Irish national team, who have managed to qualify for the World Cup!

Semi Pro

Brief summary of Linfield's european run: "Yes!...Meh...Ooh."

Bickerstaff and Fernandez look like they will be immense.
    Last edited by kingjericho; 03-06-2012 at 15:29.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    Bickerstaff and Fernandez look like they will be immense.
    I'm realy excited about Bickerstaff, I'm planning in selling a striker to give him a spot in the first team squad.

I am tempted to go for an all-youth team, but I know that it would ruin the progress that the NI league is making on the back of our success.

Third Team

Looks like you might just've found yourself 'the one' for the 1000 goals in Bickerstaff, he looks superb.

Amateur

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how Northern Ireland qualified UNBEATEN. Going well for them then

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 8th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 16th in FIFA rankings - up 31

Glentoran - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 9

World Cup Winner

Northern Ireland - World Cup 2054

Qualification for the tournament couldn't have gone better as we proved hard to beat in a group where the draw was kind to us. We sealed qualification with a 4-1 home win over Ireland in the final game, which was rather great.

Preparation fof the tournament was another story. We lost three key players to injury (Williamson, Reynolds and Miskelly), although I'm still not sure why I couldn't take a risk on calling up Williamson. We then suffered three home friendly defeats to Uruguay, Bulgaria and Paraguay. This wasn't what we needed if we were to get anything from our group containing USA, Algeria and Brazil.

Northern Ireland vs Brazil - Group E

It was a one sided match, but the real worry was those cards and injuries. USA and Algeria drew 0-0.

USA vs Northern Ireland - Group E

We held on for ages, but eventually lost out. This defeat meant we had been knocked out.

Algeria vs Northern Ireland - Group E

This completed our poor group stage, with one of my players scoring the winner.

Final Group E Table

We crashed out without scoring a goal. Our attention now turns to qualifying for the Euros.

World Cup Winner

Dafuge Stadium has been officially opened, and the game was won by a goal from one of our youth products.

Amateur

Youll do wayy better in the euros, your still a growing team
    Nice way to open your stadium with a win

Semi Pro

The Euro group seems accessible.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    The Euro group seems accessible.
    I think we could do it if we can stay injury free. That's what cost us at the World Cup. With such a small squad we are terrible once two or three first team players are missing.

World Cup Winner

I think we could do it if we can stay injury free.
    Maybe not

Amateur

I read through it all wow. what is your addiciton level rating?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by adawxawx View Post
    I read through it all wow. what is your addiciton level rating?
    'I'm not really addicted, I just can't stop playing...'

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 8th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 16th in FIFA rankings - up 31

Glentoran - 28th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 9

ooooooooooooooooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Thats what we want to see .

Amateur

I read your thread non-stop until I reached the end , it's better than most novels. The rise of Bourneview!

Can you please inform me what you have chosen as your Manager starting rep? Sunday League Footballer or automatic?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fabioke View Post
    I read your thread non-stop until I reached the end , it's better than most novels. The rise of Bourneview!

Can you please inform me what you have chosen as your Manager starting rep? Sunday League Footballer or automatic?
    I started with Sunday League Footballer as automatic has been a bit unpredictable in recent versions.

Amateur

I started with Sunday League Footballer as automatic has been a bit unpredictable in recent versions.
    Did you ever had this issue in your save: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7490236

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fabioke View Post
    Did you ever had this issue in your save: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7490236
    I started this game on the original patch, which was before the manager reputation was tweaked. I had already built my reputation up by the time the patch came out that altered it so I didn't notice any difference.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2054/55

After moving into the new 90000 capacity Dafuge Stadium we looked to continue our winning to make sure it was filled.

League Table

We lost a couple of games but the big story was Cliftonville nearly taking 3rd place, unfortunately they lost it at the very end of the season.

Domestic Cups - a clean sweep.

UEFA Super Cup - a one sided match that went in our favour.

FIFA Club World Cup - a late winner settled a game that should have been over a lot earlier.

UEFA Champions League - it was a fairly rocky road to the final, but the final itself was crazy. We held on with nine men to claim a win on penalties.

Glentoran in Europe - this is more like it! Just a shame they got smashed in the final.

Linfield in Europe - they lost out in the qualifiers, then blew their qualification from the Europa League group.

Squad - recent transfers had made the squad stronger than ever.

Youth Products - the youth system is going well, with a few players breaking into the first team squad.

Transfers - we splashed the cash but still managed to make a profit with some big sales.

Key Player Profiles:

João Nabais - he's still the best striker in the squad.

Marcus Bickerstaff - I gave him a leading role and he took his chance. Could be 'the one'.

Martín Fernández - not bad for a third choice.

Pablo Torres - a superb winger.

Pascal Marx - a new backup player, but has impressed so far.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2051/52   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2052/53   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2053/54   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Hopefully the success of Glentoran and the rise of Cliftonville might give us that boost we need.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 9th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 7th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 40th in FIFA rankings - down 24

Glentoran - 25th in UEFA coefficients - up 3
    Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - no change

Up to 7th now, meaning if we can climb one more place we get another CL spot

Amateur

Last two seasons were very interesting. How far is that 6th place?

World Cup Winner

Last two seasons were very interesting. How far is that 6th place?
    European Coefficients

It isn't that far off, maybe possible in the next few years provided the other clubs do something in Europe.

Amateur

European Coefficients

It isn't that far off, maybe possible in the next few years provided the other clubs do something in Europe.
    Real Shame that Glentoran didn't win that Europa League final although they done superbly well to get there,would have probably got a few extra coefficent points which could make all the difference,still it's nice to see the other NI teams have taken on the mantle somewhat and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses further,has been one great save so far Dafuge and definitely the best on FM 12 IMO.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2055/56

Things were on the up in Northern Ireland once again, so we need to keep that momentum going.

League Table

Back to the single defeat.

Domestic Cups - we lost out in the League Cup but won the rest.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a close game that could have gone either way.

FIFA Club World Cup - I was resting a few players for the final, just shame we didn't play in it.

UEFA Champions League - our away form was terrible, but thankfully our home form got us through. The final was fairly one sided.

Glentoran in Europe - finally they managed a great run, just shame they lost out on away goals.

Linfield in Europe - they were lucky, but they managed to go one step further than Glentoran.

Squad - the average age has plummeted as I made quite a lot of changes in the transfer market.

Youth Products - I think this group of players would actually hold their own in the Premiership.

Transfers - there was a massive clear-out as I replaced a few of the older players.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - a great season for the star of our youth system.

Kieran McCluskey - signed as backup but played superbly when stepping in.

Claudio Ferraiuolo - superb as an AMC.

Pascal Marx - scored an incredible number of goals for a winger.

Hamilton - possibly our most talented player.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2054/55   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster,  League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Hopefully the performances of Linfield and Glentoran will help us in the coefficients, but we really need a fourth team to join in.

The Euros are up next with Northern Ireland as we managed to qualify for the competition.

Amateur

How many trophies have you won altogether?

Semi Pro

Fabulous read.

You will obviously win the league every season, that is obvious. Is that most recent season the highest points total you have ever got? Reckon you can win all 38 games?

Finally, what is your average attendance in your massive stadium?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jcoll View Post
    How many trophies have you won altogether?
    Lots

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Fabulous read.

You will obviously win the league every season, that is obvious. Is that most recent season the highest points total you have ever got? Reckon you can win all 38 games?

Finally, what is your average attendance in your massive stadium?
    We've won 38/38 six times now, but not since back in 2045/46. It really comes down to luck though, there always seems to be the odd game or two that don't go our way.

Our average this season was 85736, 87628 last season. That won't be changing much though as the stadium cannot be expanded

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 6th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 3
    Northern Ireland - 6th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 44th in FIFA rankings - down 4

Glentoran - 21st in UEFA coefficients - up 4
    Linfield - 31st in UEFA coefficients - up 12

As of 2057/58, Northern Ireland will have two clubs in the group stage and a third in the qualifiers of the Champions League

World Cup Winner

Northern Ireland - European Championship 2056

Qualification came down to the last match as we battled it out with Switzerland to take second place behind Ukraine. A comfortable 2-0 home win over our qualification rivals saw us though to the tournament.

This time we didn't make the mistake of warming up with tough friendlies, instead we opted to play San Marino, Armenia (I fielded the reserves) and Malta. Hopefully this will get the morale up as we head towards a group containing Italy, Scotland and Cyprus. We stand a decent chance of coming second this time as we have nealry all of our key players available.

Italy vs Northern Ireland - Group D

What a horrible way to lose out on an historic win. Still, a draw was a great result. Scotland and Cyprus also drew which is good news.

Northern Ireland vs Scotland - Group D

This was a shocking result. Italy somehow drew with Cyprus, so we will need to beat Cyprus and hope Italy do not beat Scotland to get through.

Cyprus vs Northern Ireland - Group D

We blew it, although it turned out to be irrelevent as Italy beat Scotland anyway.

Final Group D Table

It was a crazy group as Italy drew their first two games and still topped the group with Cyprus somehow qualifying. Our attention will now turn to qualifying for the World Cup again, where we share a group with Scotland again.

Amateur

Great improvement! It will take a while for 4th team to actually qualify for CL and get some money, but at least they will be able to play in Europa League. I can't wait for Northern Irish Champions League final. Btw, how are Glentoran and Linfield's finances now? I bet they must be rich by now. How are they doing in the transfer market?

World Cup Winner

Great improvement! It will take a while for 4th team to actually qualify for CL and get some money, but at least they will be able to play in Europa League. I can't wait for Northern Irish Champions League final. Btw, how are Glentoran and Linfield's finances now? I bet they must be rich by now. How are they doing in the transfer market?
    They are both just listed as 'secure', although they must have a decent amount of money, especially Glentoran who just sold their star player for £22.5m. They both are still mostly sticking to UK transfers, but they both are signing a few decent players.

Something that might make things a bit more interesting in the future is the promotion of Tobermore United. After getting relegated they were taken over by a tycoon, so we could see the club make a move to challenge Linfield/Glentoran before too long.

Amateur

Niiice. Go Tobermore!

Amateur

Great progress!

Northern Ireland has finaly broken through that ceiling.

Part-Timer

Very intersting read.. makes me keen on trying a long game.

I'm a bit curious tho.. How is it possible for players to develop like that? I.e. your wingers and strikers are closed to maxed out on pace, acc, agility, as well as important technical attributes. In my games it seems they will have either great pace or great technique but not both. I would understand the the odd superb and well rounded player showing up, but even your fringe players would walk into a side like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Is there perhaps a connection between this and player developments/starting attributes in inactive leauges?
    Last edited by eple; 10-06-2012 at 12:23.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by eple View Post
    Very intersting read.. makes me keen on trying a long game.

I'm a bit curious tho.. How is it possible for players to develop like that? I.e. your wingers and strikers are closed to maxed out on pace, acc, agility, as well as important technical attributes. In my games it seems they will have either great pace or great technique but not both. I would understand the the odd superb and well rounded player showing up, but even your fringe players would walk into a side like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Is there perhaps a connection between this and player developments/starting attributes in inactive leauges?
    It could be down to my buying tendencies, I like to buy players who have great physical attributes and the potential to improve. It could also just be down to my club being the biggest in the world by some distance.

It could also be down to my training schedules, but I doubt it.

Not sure about the inactive leagues, but my database was set up to favour the teams/players at the top end.

World Cup Winner

It has taken me a while to notice, but we have two clubs in the Europe League group stage (Newry and Cliftonville)

Amateur

Financially , how are things looking ? How much is in the bank balance ?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sears View Post
    Financially , how are things looking ? How much is in the bank balance ?
    Despite building a new stadium with no loans, we still have around £335m in the bank.

Amateur

How much longer you staying with Young Boys then?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CrD View Post
    How much longer you staying with Young Boys then?
    Until FM13 is released probably.

Amateur

Until FM13 is released probably.
    Well looks like they are going to enjoy success after success then lol.

Amateur

Have just read through the whole thread, was thinking of trying something like this but decided to stay with my current save for bit longer

Part-Timer

It could be down to my buying tendencies, I like to buy players who have great physical attributes and the potential to improve. It could also just be down to my club being the biggest in the world by some distance.

It could also be down to my training schedules, but I doubt it.

Not sure about the inactive leagues, but my database was set up to favour the teams/players at the top end.
    I guess there can be multiple factors. There's definitely a gap compared to my games, but I wouldn't call the gap large tho. Nevertheless interesting to see the quality of players 40-50 season in

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2056/57

Things were really picking up in Northern Ireland as we looked forward to having that extra team in the Champions League.

League Table

The standard single defeat. Tycoon owned Tobermore were poor, but there could be more to come from them.

Domestic Cups - just the one defeat, which was quite a surprise.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - an even easier win.

UEFA Champions League - possibly a first as we won every game, including a close final.

Glentoran in Europe - just the one win, but they had a horrible draw.

Linfield in Europe - an unlucky season. Elsewhere, Newry and Cliftonville also had noteable seasons in Europe.

Squad - young and talented, we have the quality to dominate for years.

Youth Products - we've had a few standout players but we really don't have the talent to make a first team out of them.

Transfers - we lost a few players to new challenges, including legend Steven Lennon. We also sold a couple of great strikers to give the local lads a chance.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcus Bickerstaff - another great season from 'the one'

Juan Ignacio Sosa - reserve striker, but scored loads when called upon.

Hamilton - still the best player in our team.

- a converted winger who is doing well.

Gareth Hudson - a youth prospect who is doing well.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2055/56   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, NextGen series, Mid-Ulster,  Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2056/57   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Next season we have the extra team in the Champions League, so we have a chance of really puching the big nations. Realistically I think that may take a few years though.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 6th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - no change
    Northern Ireland - 6th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 44th in FIFA rankings - no change

Glentoran - 21st in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Linfield - 30th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Newry - 59th in UEFA coefficients
    Cliftonville - 76th in UEFA coefficients

Not the most exciting year, but hugely important
    Last edited by dafuge; 16-06-2012 at 09:32.

Amateur

Please add Newry and Cliftonville coefficients to reputations report. Any transfer activity from Tobermore?

World Cup Winner

Please add Newry and Cliftonville coefficients to reputations report. Any transfer activity from Tobermore?
    Tobermore spent £12.75m last season, which is more than Glentoran or Linfield have ever spent in a year. Hopefully they will make some progress this year.

Amateur

I'm in 2030 with Shamrock Rovers, fairly similar league to the North, do other teams show ambition to sign players outside of the UK & Ireland in your save?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    I'm in 2030 with Shamrock Rovers, fairly similar league to the North, do other teams show ambition to sign players outside of the UK & Ireland in your save?
    Linfield/Glentoran sign the odd foreign player, but the vast majority of their transfers are within the UK. Really annoying as they could easily improve their squads if they tried a bit harder with their scouting/transfers.

Amateur

Linfield/Glentoran sign the odd foreign player, but the vast majority of their transfers are within the UK. Really annoying as they could easily improve their squads if they tried a bit harder with their scouting/transfers.
    Oh that's a pity :/ I've a new stadium coming so hopefully I can start winning the Champions League every year (won it 3/5 times recently) with extra revenue, only other team that has improved is Cork City but only in terms of money, no one doing well in Europe

Also great save mate, hope I can keep mine going to be similar, can't produce a good player for my life though

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    Also great save mate, hope I can keep mine going to be similar, can't produce a good player for my life though
    It took me decades to get my facilities up to a standard where the youths coming through were worth looking at. I've had a few decent players but they are nothing compared to what I could sign from abroad.

Amateur

It took me decades to get my facilities up to a standard where the youths coming through were worth looking at. I've had a few decent players but they are nothing compared to what I could sign from abroad.
    I've had to start buying the best youths I can and training them up so I can have homegrown players, can't improve my facilities anymore and board won't let me improve Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment Network any further, could a new stadium possibly change that?

World Cup Winner

A new stadium made no difference for me. It looks like I'm stuck with my youth recruitment as it is (established).

World Cup Winner

After a tough World Cup qualifying group, we found ourselves falling behind Scotland and ending up in a playoff to make the tournament.

Czech Republic vs Northern Ireland

The late goal ruined what could have been a decent result.

Northern Ireland vs Czech Republic

We started well, but just couldn't take the lead as we scrapped for a draw.

After missing out on the World Cup and the announcement of another key player announcing his retirement from international football I have decided to call it a day with the national team. There's no doubt I made some great progress, but there just aren't any quality players coming through that could give me the chance to build on that.

Youth Team

Shame about the national team, would you consider it again if the quality of the team increases?

Also, whats the rep of the other top teams in the division like? Are they still national or have they reached continental?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Shame about the national team, would you consider it again if the quality of the team increases?

Also, whats the rep of the other top teams in the division like? Are they still national or have they reached continental?
    If I started getting decent players through my academy regularly then I'd want to go back, but I can't see that happening.

Linfield and Glentoran are both continental, the rest of the Premiership are national.

Amateur

Just read it all
    WOW! :O

Amateur

Can we have Champions league past winners screen, please?

Amateur

Yugo I think its all him for the last 15 seasons

World Cup Winner

Can we have Champions league past winners screen, please?
    Past Winners

Things have been pretty easy for us.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Yugo I think its all him for the last 15 seasons
    That's what I wanted to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast