+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters

World Cup Winner

I only scout players who are under 22 and worth more than £500k, which narrows down my scouting to around 3000 potential players. I'm obviously missing out on the older players, but by narrowing down my searches it seems to be a lot more effective.

I also have 26 scouts which helps

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2033/34

The club has been dominating in Europe, so all we can hope for are improvements to the facilities and the other clubs to try and catch up.

League Table

A perfect season.

Domestic Cups - we managed to get knocked out of the League Cup early!

UEFA Super Cup - we just didn't take our chances.

FIFA Club World Cup - we destroyed them.

UEFA Champions League - despite dropping points in the first match, the group stage was easy enough. The knockout rounds were easy, apart from the amazing comeback needed against Real Madrid. For the fourth time in six years we faced Atletico Madrid in the final, with the same result every time. Linfield had a pretty decent year in Europe, so hopefully that will earn them some coefficient points.

Squad - we simply couldn't afford to keep the squad from last season, so there has been quite a few changes. Still, the squad feels just as strong.

Transfers - the finances needed sorting out, so I was forced to get involved in the transfer market even though I didn't want to.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he's still banging them in.

Edson - he stepped back into the support role he plays so well.

Lapa - another great season for the midfielder.

Luan - a new striker to replace Berardi, and a steal at £10m.

Admir Juric - another great season for the youngster.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

The stadium is a decent size now (37k) so I'm hoping that one day the chairman will finally decide to invest in the youth facilities. Other than that, I just need to keep on winning things to give the other clubs in NI the best chance of progressing in Europe.

Amateur

Very nearly the absolute perfect season, apart from the League Cup

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - no change
    Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 106th in FIFA rankings - down 24

Linfield - 43rd in UEFA coefficients - up 5
    Glentoran - 126th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Great season still.

How long until you think Linfield will be a perminant fixture in the Champions League knock-out stages?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    How long until you think Linfield will be a perminant fixture in the Champions League knock-out stages?
    That's really hard to say, but the first step for them would be to become 3rd seeds rather than 4th.

They are making massive strides. Done great work getting 3 Champions League places.

Quick question, when you downloaded the kits. What file did you save them in and did you have to reload skins?

World Cup Winner

They are making massive strides. Done great work getting 3 Champions League places.

Quick question, when you downloaded the kits. What file did you save them in and did you have to reload skins?
    The only reason we've had 3 CL spots recently was because we were winning it. If we lose in the CL it means that Linfield go back to losing in the qualifiers and Glentoran don't even get to do that

My kits are saved here: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\Kits and yes, the skin needs to be reloaded every time new ones are added.

Semi Pro

It's nice to see that you can now buy players from big clubs

Amateur

Just read all of this, you've come such a long way, really well done.

What do Vukojevic and Edson look like on their attribute screens?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by zagaluke View Post
    Just read all of this, you've come such a long way, really well done.

What do Vukojevic and Edson look like on their attribute screens?
    Vukojevic

Edson

World Cup Winner

Interesting couple of bits of Champions League news:

Glentoran managed to beat Sturm Graz in the qualifiers then get an away draw with Benfica. One match away from making the gorup stage and they blew it

Linfield managed to just sneak into the 3rd seed group in the draw, but got a horrible looking group

Youth Team

Blimey, tough luck for Linfield. Good sign of progress for Glentoran though. Are they starting to form the 'big 3' in N.Ireland now then?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Blimey, tough luck for Linfield. Good sign of progress for Glentoran though. Are they starting to form the 'big 3' in N.Ireland now then?
    It seems that way, there usually seems to be a gap to 4th place and the club seems to change each season. It was such a shame Glentoran lost, getting three clubs in the group stage would have been massive for NI.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Wow, I can never really tell how good players are on their profile, and those guys are the real deal

Amateur

It's a shame for Glentoran's finances, but I guess they will earn more points in Europa League.

How are Linfield's finances now? I believe they must at least secure, if not rich after few years of CL participation. Any signs of increased transfer activity from their side?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    It's a shame for Glentoran's finances, but I guess they will earn more points in Europa League.

How are Linfield's finances now? I believe they must at least secure, if not rich after few years of CL participation. Any signs of increased transfer activity from their side?
    They are listed as 'secure', but you can see the difference in their transfers over the last few years. They spent £3.2m on a player a few years ago!

Part-Timer

I only scout players who are under 22 and worth more than £500k, which narrows down my scouting to around 3000 potential players. I'm obviously missing out on the older players, but by narrowing down my searches it seems to be a lot more effective.

I also have 26 scouts which helps
    Wow, that's phenomenal. My board was refusing more than twenty when I was winning the Premiership and the Champions League!

Do you tend to sign on the basis of your own assessment of their skills, the scout's assessment of their CA, or the scout's assessment of their PA? Sorry if I'm being a pain, just genuinely astounded at the players you've managed to pick up. In my most recent game I played "blind", never looking at a players stats and relying purely on scouts, form and my assistant manager's thoughts to make decisions and whilst I unearthed some of the world's best players, I wasn't doing it with anything like the consistency that you are.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Wow, that's phenomenal. My board was refusing more than twenty when I was winning the Premiership and the Champions League!

Do you tend to sign on the basis of your own assessment of their skills, the scout's assessment of their CA, or the scout's assessment of their PA? Sorry if I'm being a pain, just genuinely astounded at the players you've managed to pick up. In my most recent game I played "blind", never looking at a players stats and relying purely on scouts, form and my assistant manager's thoughts to make decisions and whilst I unearthed some of the world's best players, I wasn't doing it with anything like the consistency that you are.
    Basically, I look for young players who could go straight into my first team. Usually I'll look for players that have decent PA, but they must also have good CA otherwise I find they rarely reach their potential rating. I use the scout stars to identify potential signings, sometimes looking at the attributes if I have a choice of one or more players.

Player Search

It is sorted by PA, then CA, so the ones at the top of the list are the ones I look to sign. The player at the top looks like an ideal signing, but I don't use the MC position.

World Cup Winner

Chairman Status: enjoying life at the club

Looks like our second takeover is on the horizon

Part-Timer

Basically, I look for young players who could go straight into my first team. Usually I'll look for players that have decent PA, but they must also have good CA otherwise I find they rarely reach their potential rating. I use the scout stars to identify potential signings, sometimes looking at the attributes if I have a choice of one or more players.

Player Search

It is sorted by PA, then CA, so the ones at the top of the list are the ones I look to sign. The player at the top looks like an ideal signing, but I don't use the MC position.
    All probably seems a little obvious, but very interesting. You certainly seem to have a much better breadth of quality players on your radar, I suspect tweaking the scouting parameters made a big difference there. And the point about the CA is also very true... I've had a lot of players that have gone on to have good careers, but it has taken them so long to mature properly that they've done it elsewhere after I've given up on them ever being good enough for the team. On the plus side, you can make a healthy transfer profit, but it does mean a squad full of players who are unlikely to ever actually make it. Cheers for all the info and screenshot, much appreciated.

Amateur

I'm playing in the northern irish league too and have the same problem with no youth facilities.

Its early days for me yet and i only just got a stadium increase.

I'm playing it slightly differently though as i sign players that my scouts give high PA to and farm them out of feeder teams but i'm having trouble keeping them as my "youth reserves" always storm the second and first divisions and i lose my feeder team.
    They then promptly get pumped in the premier as they tend not to have any players.

Do you have any feeder clubs?

World Cup Winner

I've got four feeder clubs (3 in NI and one in Ireland) but I rarely use them, so they tend to stick around.

The youth facilities situation is getting a bit silly now, I've been making a bit of money in the hope that will get it started. If not, there's always a new owner that might change things.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2034/35

The challenge for Bourneview was almost non existent, so all we need to do is keep it up to give the other clubs the est chance of improving. Both Linfield and Glentoran seem to be picking up, so I'm hoping they can keep up their progress.

League Table

Just the one slip up, which came at the hands of Glentoran.

Domestic Cups - we won the lot, without conceding a goal.

UEFA Super Cup - a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - we made easy work of this one as well.

UEFA Champions League - we stumbled through the group stage, but managed to top it. The knockout rounds were routine, although we needed this comeback at the Nou Camp. This set up the annual Bourneview vs Atletico final, which went the way it always goes. It is pretty crazy that five out of the last seven finals have featured the same two teams!

Linfield in Europe - this was a monumental achievement given the group draw which will do wonders for the coefficients, hopefully keeping Linfield third seeds.

Glentoran in Europe
    - they were a home win from making the CL group stage, but instead had to settle for the Europa League where they had a few good results and finished third in their group.

Squad - I tried to rim the squad down a bit this year to give players more games, which worked well until we suffered with injuries. I think I will need to sign a couple of new players.

Transfers - I continued to sort out the finances as I replaced a few players while making big profits. I could have done without the chairman selling Junior though, who I can't really replace.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - I tried giving him as many games as possible to see how many he scored, the results were impressive.

Edson - provided support for Vuko, but had a quiet season.

Ramil Yershov - 46 assists was incredible from the versatile midfielder.

Jorge Ubieto - a youngster pinched from Barca, who got a lot more games than expected.

Saman Maqsood - a young striker with a knack for scoring goals.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

The other clubs really seem to be picking up, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes the coefficients. I'm also hoping there will be some news from the chairman soon about either a takeover, a stadium expansion or some new youth facilities.

Stadium expansion it is, which will take us up to around 45k.
    Last edited by dafuge; 21-02-2012 at 13:58.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 86th in FIFA rankings - up 20

Linfield - 35th in UEFA coefficients - up 8
    Glentoran - 88th in UEFA coefficients - up 38

Our run of CL wins has given the other clubs a chance to make huge strides in Europe, but for us to move forward as a country we really need three teams making the group stages of the CL. Hopefully the rise of the Premiership might help the other clubs out, which might give some of the other clubs a chance fo winning more matches in the qualifiers.

Amateur

Holy Jebus 97 goals in a season! Quite a player you've got there!

Youth Team

Good progress for the other teams in the league. It's crazy that over half the league are in europe, how do the other teams do? i'm guessing not that great?

World Cup Winner

Good progress for the other teams in the league. It's crazy that over half the league are in europe, how do the other teams do? i'm guessing not that great?
    A win and a draw between them, none of them made it past their first qualifier

Youth Team

A vast gulf in quality then, how long do you think it'll be until you get 4 champions league spots? is that only for the best 3 nations?

World Cup Winner

A vast gulf in quality then, how long do you think it'll be until you get 4 champions league spots? is that only for the best 3 nations?
    We are a long way off that, we only have tow at the moment, plus an extra one every time we win the CL. I'm not sure I'll ever get to the point where we have four spots, but we will see.

Youth Team

Ah right i didn't realise the 3rd spot was from you winning the CL. how close are you to 3 full time spots?

World Cup Winner

Ah right i didn't realise the 3rd spot was from you winning the CL. how close are you to 3 full time spots?
    Euro Spots

It doesn't look like we are that far off, but progress that high up is very hard to make. We really need Glentoran to make some progress.

World Cup Winner

There is something rather brilliant about this picture

Semi Pro

There is something rather brilliant about this picture
    I know, 2 Arab owners in the same group! I'm right, aren't I?

(Just kidding!)

Youth Team

They must really hate you in Madrid ;)

Amateur

Does Real Madrid still have the most Champions League titles? How many more you need to reach them?

Perhaps it would be good time to activate at least top 5 leagues in Europe, to see how much harder would it be for you to continue European domination. If you are aiming for top 5 spot, it would be fair to give equal conditions to your competition.
    And also to have insight view on Atletico Madrid domination in Spain. Why are Real and Barca sleeping?
    Last edited by yugo23; 21-02-2012 at 23:23.

Amateur

Such a brilliant read, had to be one of the best saves on football manager?

World Cup Winner

Does Real Madrid still have the most Champions League titles? How many more you need to reach them?

Perhaps it would be good time to activate at least top 5 leagues in Europe, to see how much harder would it be for you to continue European domination. If you are aiming for top 5 spot, it would be fair to give equal conditions to your competition.
    And also to have insight view on Atletico Madrid domination in Spain. Why are Real and Barca sleeping?
    Real Madrid have won the most with 13, which means I'm not even half way to beating them.

Adding a load of leagues is a tough one for me. It will bring the much needed advantage of better competition for my team, but it might kill off the chances of Linfield and Glentoran completely. Then there's the main issue, speed. My laptop is a couple of years old and although it isn't exactly slow, adding new leagues would slow my game game somewhat. My aim was to zoom through the seasons quickly, and unfortunately I think adding more leagues will just slow me down. Perhaps it could be something I try if I manage to get NI to the top?

The Atletico Madrid situation is an odd one. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still the two dominant teams in Spain, no one has else has managed to finish in the top two in La Liga since I started my game. Atletico Madrid have finished 3rd for under half of those seasons. It appears that they have just done really well in Europe as their squad is weaker than Real/Barca.

Wow, Vukojevis had an unreal season.

Glad to see the other sides moving up the European rankings to.

Amateur

Dude i cant comprehend your awesomeness of turning that league in to one of europes best!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Persiani View Post
    Dude i cant comprehend your awesomeness of turning that league in to one of europes best!
    We are getting there, but there is still a long way to go. At the moment we have three clubs who seem to be making progress, ideally we need more clubs to join in an provide a bit of competition for the European spots.

Next season could also be tough with just 2 CL spots, so we might take a little backwards step.

Amateur

We are getting there, but there is still a long way to go. At the moment we have three clubs who seem to be making progress, ideally we need more clubs to join in an provide a bit of competition for the European spots.

Next season could also be tough with just 2 CL spots, so we might take a little backwards step.
    One question tho, do you help the other teams to succed by like loaning out players to them?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Persiani View Post
    One question tho, do you help the other teams to succed by like loaning out players to them?
    No, I've not done anything at all to help the other teams. I wanted to see if they could do it all by themselves.

Amateur

I predict very successful run for Glentoran and Linefield in Europa League this year, unless Linfield manages to get into CL .

Things are continuing to get better for the Northern Irish sides .

Amateur

Where do you send your scouts? To a region or just one nation?

I've just read the whole thread and it's very good.

Thinking of doing the same once i complete your challenge with St. Albans ;)
    Last edited by Kazpeer; 26-02-2012 at 21:17.

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

How have you managed to sort by PA then CA on the player search screen because on my game I can "sort by one or the other" but not "one then another", if you know what I mean. ;)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover View Post
    How have you managed to sort by PA then CA on the player search screen because on my game I can "sort by one or the other" but not "one then another", if you know what I mean. ;)
    Sort the first column then hold down shift and press the second column.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by drtrick View Post
    Sort the first column then hold down shift and press the second column.
    Cheers. I just tried that but for some reason it doesn't quite work. It almost works but not quite.

Part-Timer

I can search by CA, then PA, but if I try PA then CA it doesn't work properly.

Part-Timer

I can search by CA, then PA, but if I try PA then CA it doesn't work properly.
    Just worked out that if you have PA on the left and CA on the right then it works

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover View Post
    Just worked out that if you have PA on the left and CA on the right then it works
    Ah, good thought. Thanks for that, very handy.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kazpeer View Post
    Where do you send your scouts? To a region or just one nation?
    I have them all assigned to regions, as I'm lazy and that means I can just let them get on with it.

Amateur

If you set it to save often, you should go with uncompressed games. Much faster saving, saves a lot of time.

Amateur

Was there any change over years in prize money that is awarded for finishing position in NI Prem league? If not, than that is for sure one of the factors that are slowing down progress of league as a whole.

World Cup Winner

Was there any change over years in prize money that is awarded for finishing position in NI Prem league? If not, than that is for sure one of the factors that are slowing down progress of league as a whole.
    I think there has been a small change, but certainly nothing that would make a difference.

Part-Timer

Ah yes, that good old FM time machine.

I remember using that sooooo many times in FM stories ;)

I think there has been a small change, but certainly nothing that would make a difference.
    Congratulations Dafuge for your amazing tenacity and success!!

One more question on this as I am trying to achieve something similar to what your are doing (much easier though as I am currently managing an average club from Greece).

Has there been an increase on TV money over the years? The Greek Super League reputation has just gone up by half a star but I still haven't seen a change on TV money.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kostantinos_voutsinas View Post
    Has there been an increase on TV money over the years? The Greek Super League reputation has just gone up by half a star but I still haven't seen a change on TV money.
    At the start of my game the prize money for winning the Premiership was about £50k, a couple of decades later it has grown to £384k.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2035/36

Linfield and Glentoran had good seasons in Europe, so we needed to keep winning to make sure they kept getting the opportunities in Europe. For anyone wondering, this is the season I have replayed due to my file becoming corrupted.

League Table

A perfect season.

Domestic Cups - the usual wins, although there was nearly a shock in the League Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy trophy.

UEFA Champions League - This were looking great as we swept aside every team we faced. Unfortunately though the final did not go our way as we lost on penalties. This is bad news for the other clubs as it means Linfield are back in the qualifiers and Glentoran are in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - not a great year for Linfield as they finished bottom of their group.

Glentoran in Europe
    - this was huge, as they played superbly in the qualifiers to make the group stage for the first time. The Europa League didn't go too well though.

Squad - the squad is in transition as a lot of my early signings are approaching 30.

Transfers - I replicated the transfers from the lost season and a half in the summer, then made a couple more in January. Finances shouldn't be a problem for a while.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - another stunning goal tally.

Ramil Yershov - another superb year for the midfielder.

Luciano Pizzaro - a new striker who seems to be playing the support role well.

Jorge Ubieto - the winger from Barca is playing brilliantly.

Admir Juric - another brilliant right winger.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    Next Season

The improvement to the youth facilities have been announced, so hopefully by next year I should start to see an improvement in the quality of youths coming through at the club.. The stadium is also being upgraded, so it should hold close to 50k soon, although it has hit the expansion limit.

The priority for us is clearly to win the Champions League again, it will be a massive blow to NI not having the three spots next season.
    Last edited by dafuge; 11-03-2012 at 12:57.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 9th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 113th in FIFA rankings - down 27

Linfield - 36th in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Glentoran - 79th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

Part-Timer

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of your average attendances over time dafuge? I'd be interested to see what sort of pace they developed at.

50k sounds colossal for a club in NI, although I suppose your circumstances are somewhat unusual.

Also, your link for Juric seems to be missing?

World Cup Winner

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of your average attendances over time dafuge? I'd be interested to see what sort of pace they developed at.

50k sounds colossal for a club in NI, although I suppose your circumstances are somewhat unusual.

Also, your link for Juric seems to be missing?
    Average Attendances

The attendances seemed to rise faster than we could expand the stadium, so they have been limited along the way.

Thanks for spotting that missing screenshot, I've put it back in.

Reserves

Very impressive rate of increase.

Semi Pro

You've got roughly 2.5% of Northern Irelands population watching you every match, thats pretty impressive!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    You've got roughly 2.5% of Northern Irelands population watching you every match, thats pretty impressive!
    We've gone global now, we must be bringing in fans from across the UK, Ireland and the rest of the World

Amateur

We've gone global now, we must be bringing in fans from across the UK, Ireland and the rest of the World
    So many glory hunters!

Youth Team

All the Manc fans on the ferry.

Amateur

Do you find that the lack of real competition in the league restricts you in anyway? Judging by your records, probably not, but do you think the players would get even better if they were challenged?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Willenté View Post
    Do you find that the lack of real competition in the league restricts you in anyway? Judging by your records, probably not, but do you think the players would get even better if they were challenged?
    It may well hinder the progression of the players, but I think it actually helps us as a team as our form and morale is usually great going into the tougher European games. It shouldn't be like that though.
    Last edited by dafuge; 16-03-2012 at 22:34.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2036/37

We missed out on the Champions league title last season, so our aim was to win it back.

League Table

Our second consecutive perfect season.

Domestic Cups - the only shock we had was squeezing past Institute with just three first team players.

UEFA Champions League - we made a complete hash of the group stage, losing three matches by a single goal that we could have won.

UEFA Europa League - Bordeaux ran us close, but we went on to win a fiery final on penalties.

Linfield in Europe - not a bad year, but it will hit us not having a second team in the group stages of the Champions league.

Glentoran in Europe
    - they made the group stage, but coming third was all they could get.

Squad - with the last round of transfers the squad is starting to feel a bit weak, we may need a few new faces.

Transfers - just a straight swap as we lost a key player to the dreaded new challenge.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - another great season, but he is slowing down. I'm not quite sure if I can replace him.

Luciano Pizarro - a potential replacement.

Amedeo Damiano - he sat in the reserves for a few years and I nearly sold him, but he's doing well now.

Hyun Jung-Ho - retrained to play AMC, he's been superb.

Robert Roche - a fairly new left winger who has been impressing.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Europa League winners
    Next Season

The improvements to the youth facilities were made, but the players that came through were still rubbish. I think it will be a few years yet before we produce anyone capable of making the first team.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars, down half a star) - down 2
    Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - down 2
    Northern Ireland - 106th in FIFA rankings - up 7

Linfield - 46th in UEFA coefficients - down 10
    Glentoran - 75th in UEFA coefficients - down 4

Not looking good

World Cup Winner

'Will listen to offers'

Not sure if this is a good thing or not, apart from selling the odd player the current chairman has seemed ok.

Amateur

Shame about exiting the Champions League in the group stages, that must have been a tough pill to shallow. Congrats on the Europa League win though!

Btw, do you post monthly losses or profits? How much a year are you spending on wages and how much does the new stadium generate in ticket receipts? And has you're sponsorship deals improved much since the beginning of the game?

Sorry for all the questions, just curious lol

Reserves
    I try to avoid saftey winks. If you're too dumb to get sarcasm then I hope you do feel insulted.

good to see you in here sears!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sears View Post
    Btw, do you post monthly losses or profits? How much a year are you spending on wages and how much does the new stadium generate in ticket receipts? And has you're sponsorship deals improved much since the beginning of the game?
    I've never really properly tracked my finances, but I'll have a go at answering the questions.

Wages - my wage total is about £550k p/w, with a budget of £1.3m p/w. I think that given the size of the club it compares quite well with that of Linfield.

Income - the stadium is bringing in around £30m a year, but I'm sure we could bring in more. Unfortunately the stadium is at its limit so there will be a long wait to move again.

Sponsorship - compared to this in my first season, it is safe to say the sponsorship has increased, although we are a long way behind the other big clubs in Europe.

World Cup Winner

The first news on our takeover is here, it looks like a consortium is going to make a bid for the club.

Semi Pro

Aren't your players wages a bit low for a top team? What is the maximum wage your board allows?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    Aren't your players wages a bit low for a top team? What is the maximum wage your board allows?
    I can offer up to £115k p/w, but I just don't need to. I've always kept my wages tight and aim to have everyone on less than £40k p/w. If wage demands get out of control then I sell them.

World Cup Winner

The takeover has started to happen now, and there's the usual rumour about me losing my job. To my assistant

World Cup Winner

Takeover is finally over, the consortium has started improving the youth facilities (which I had previously agreed anyway) and pumped £246m into the club

Just need to wait and see if he will let me continue managing the club

Reserves

Wow, thats quite a financial boost.

Part-Timer

Seriously? That's a mindblowing amount of cash!

World Cup Winner

We now have £430m in the bank

Not that I could possibly spend that much

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2037/38

Losing in the Champions League for the last two years has really halted the progress we had been making, especially for the other clubs in Northern Ireland. It was time we got back to our best.

League Table

We threw away a couple of matches but we seem to be scoring for fun again. Glentoran finishing second was the big story.

Domestic Cups - the usual clean sweep, although the highlight was this extra time win, with just one real player available to us!

UEFA Super Cup - we lost our discipline but managed to sneak a win.

UEFA Champions League - we were back to our best thanks to a simple route to the final, which we dominated even with ten men.

Linfield in Europe - they were really unlucky not to make the CL, but they really need to get better in the EL group stage.

Glentoran in Europe - far from spectacular, although they will be in the CL group stage next season.

Squad - it's a small, strong squad that is played in complete rotation to deal with the fixture congestion. I could probably do with adding a player or two to make up the numbers.

Transfers - another straight swap that made us a decent amount of money.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he's slowing down now, so I need to think about how I'm going to replace him. And if I should keep him.

Saman Maqsood - he has taken his chance to lead the line and scored for fun.

Jorge Ubieto - superb stuff from the versatile player.

Admir Juric - it is tough having two great players in the same position, but we manage.

Luciano Pizarro - had a good season ended early through injury, should be fit soon though.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
    2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Things have changed a lot behind the scenes with the takeover, so I'm hoping we can continue our improvements to the facilities. It will be a few years until we can produce useful youth players though, the most recent lot were just as bad as all the others.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 15th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 4
    Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 81st in FIFA rankings - up 25

Linfield - 48th in UEFA coefficients - down 2
    Glentoran - 65th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Amateur

I wonder how soon you'll manage a season without a goal conceded in the league ;)

amazing progress over the years. Shame the other NI clubs are slowing your progress down

Youth Team

Even though the players coming through your youth system arent good enough for your team, are they moving to other clubs and playing for N.I?

I think the aim is definitely to go without conceding .

World Cup Winner

Even though the players coming through your youth system arent good enough for your team, are they moving to other clubs and playing for N.I?
    I've never kept any of them on, so I'm not quite sure what happens to them. They all have half a star for potential so I can't see any of them getting capped any time soon

Hopefully in a few years time I'll start getting players through that are capable of having a career with another top flight club in NI.

World Cup Winner

I think the aim is definitely to go without conceding .
    I always aim not to concede ;)

Youth Team

I've never kept any of them on, so I'm not quite sure what happens to them. They all have half a star for potential so I can't see any of them getting capped any time soon

Hopefully in a few years time I'll start getting players through that are capable of having a career with another top flight club in NI.
    Yeah but half star for you could be a few stars for another team lower down in your division. I take it you have no youth team to speak of then?

World Cup Winner

Yeah but half star for you could be a few stars for another team lower down in your division. I take it you have no youth team to speak of then?
    I've had a look through the youth released in the last few years, there's a small handful that have found clubs and made appearances in the Championsip 2 but quite a few of them have since been released and are without clubs.

I've got no youth players, but we still win the U18s league every year

Part-Timer

I always aim not to concede ;)
    So do you lock the doors and slam the team when you win 5-1 then?

Amateur

What are Linfield and Glentoran's youth facilities like? Have they been improved too?

How big are their stadiums? What are attendances like in the NI Premier league?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MadMcMan View Post
    What are Linfield and Glentoran's youth facilities like? Have they been improved too?

How big are their stadiums? What are attendances like in the NI Premier league?
    Linfield and Glentoran have good and basic youth facilities respectively, although I'm not sure what they started off with.

Linfield's stadium holds around 24000, with an average of around 17000 last season (compared to 2000 in the first season). Glentoran's holds 12000 and had an average of around 9000 last season (compared to 1000 in the first).

Part-Timer

I thought SI would have implemented the "poison daddy" by now (opposite of suger daddy). A man who wants to sell your ground, training facilities, use the club's finances to buy the club and pay for his new yatch etc....

Would have good to see you handle him! ;)

World Cup Winner

94 games without losing then we meet Linfield in the League Cup, with just four players as the rest are on international duty. We lose 2-0

I really hope my youth team start producing some decent players so this won't happen again.

Amateur

Real all this thread and I absolutely love it!
    What is your Junior coaching atm?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Real all this thread and I absolutely love it!
    What is your Junior coaching atm?
    'Average'

It does seem possible to upgrade it once the facilities get improved though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast