+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Amazing progress - looks like things have exploded in the last few years.
    That's exactly how I'd describe it. We may have had a setback this year, but in term of stature the club is making huge steps forward.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 14th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 1
    Bourneview - 5th in UEFA coefficients - up 4
    Northern Ireland - 12th in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Northern Ireland - 95th in FIFA rankings - down 4

World Cup Winner

Big News

This wasn't something I'd planned, but I jumped at the chance. They have just won the World Cup, so I've got a lot to live up to.

Amateur

Is Linfield making some sort of progress thanks to the money they got from CL participation?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    Is Linfield making some sort of progress thanks to the money they got from CL participation?
    There are no obvious signs of progress yet

World Cup Winner

Linfield 1-1 Bourneview

This result has ended our amazing run of 112 consecutive league wins. At least our run of 156 games unbeaten is still intact

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    This result has ended our amazing run of 112 consecutive league wins. At least our run of 156 games unbeaten is still intact
    *drops dead*

Amateur

Go Linfield!

Amateur

Fantastic record there. True invincibles

Youth Team

Amazing progress, just spent the morning reading this. I hope to achieve similar things in my Wales save. Have you had any progress on the youth facilities side of things as i know you had a problem with them being rented a while back, i'm having the same problem unfortunatly.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Amazing progress, just spent the morning reading this. I hope to achieve similar things in my Wales save. Have you had any progress on the youth facilities side of things as i know you had a problem with them being rented a while back, i'm having the same problem unfortunatly.
    There has been no progress at all with the youth facilities, we still don't have any

My only hope is that the youth facilities are linked to the stadium, so a new ground might mean new facilities. I think my ground has finally hit its expansion limit, so there might be some news on that fairly soon.

Amateur

My only hope is that the youth facilities are linked to the stadium, so a new ground might mean new facilities.
    That seems to be the case, i have had the same problem in a previous save (albeit in a different country; Finland), after the building of a new stadium my board announced Youth Facilities without me even asking for them.

Been enjoying following this thread, it has inspired me to keep going with 'lesser' clubs rather than just jump straight in with a Barcelona save or whatever. ;)

World Cup Winner

Vladimir Djokic

This is a landmark event for me as he has become the first Bourneview player to be described as a wonderkid

Amateur

He is also transfer listed by request at the age of 20. :

World Cup Winner

He wants to joing a bigger club

I'm still hopeful he will stay though, I've had quite a bit of success with contracts and keeping players recently.

Amateur

According to UEFA coefficients there are only 4 bigger clubs.

Amateur
    Still annoying the cameraman at the back of the boothen end every home game!

According to UEFA coefficients there are only 4 bigger clubs.
    Only 4 bigger clubs!! So the 5th best club in Europe has NO youth facilities?!

Epic fail from the board at Bourneview!!

Youth Team

In terms of the youth facilities, i had the same problem as you with having rented and no option to upgrade, however on my save in Wale i've just been given the option to upgrade without having to build a new stadium although i'm not sure what kind of level they will be at. Hope this helps.

World Cup Winner

It is good to hear that it is possible to upgrade, I just need to hope it happens now.

Amateur

Just read the whole thread, unbelievable results achieving CL victory. Great read, keep up the good work

World Cup Winner

Youth Team

Great capacity, how does it compare with the one you have now? Let's hope this means you can finally improve your youth facilities now!

Amateur

Awesome

Youth Team

Hooray!! \o/

World Cup Winner

Great capacity, how does it compare with the one you have now? Let's hope this means you can finally improve your youth facilities now!
    It is about 6000 seats bigger than my current stadium, which doesn't sound a lot but it will be bigger than Linfield's

Amateur

Congrats mate!! Hopefully you'll have some enough room to expand it more too ...

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2030/31

Last season may have been step back in Europe, but it was a huge step forwards in the growth of the club. Finally we had started to attract better players and even renew the contracts of the good players we had.

League Table

Amazingly, this was considered a poor season. At least the unbeaten record goes on.

Domestic Cups - we won them all again.

UEFA Champions League - we topped a tough group stage, then destroyed Fiorentina followed by narrow wins over Celtic and Real Madrid. The final was tight, but we took our second Champions League crown.

Squad - the squad is finally looking like one of the best in the world, but there are still quite a few gaps to fill.

Transfers - this says a lot about the club at the moment, we are now making a loss in the transfer market.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - just crazy.

Edson - a superb second striker.

Lapa - a great new midfielder.

Tony Okeke - a superb winger.

Agustín Berardi - not quite a first choice, but a great player.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    Next Season

This was a superb season which nicely set up the news that we are finally moving into a new stadium. Hopefully I can continue to improve the squad and have a chance of producing my own players to join them.

Youth Team

Your strikers dont mind scoring do they? Congrats on your 2nd Champions league, seems like you have it sussed out now.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 13th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 1
    Bourneview - 2nd in UEFA coefficients - up 3
    Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 115th in FIFA rankings - down 20

Subs Bench

Are any of the other teams in the league even coming close to the level of talent you have on your squad?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Are any of the other teams in the league even coming close to the level of talent you have on your squad?
    Not even close, which is a real shame.

The key issue seems to be that they don't seem to make any effort to scout outside of the UK, which is where the value is in the transfer market.

First Team Regular

Dafuge's ego just reached Mourinho level.

Amateur

Congrats Daf, amazing season

Amateur

Which team is ranked higher in the UEFA coefficients? I'm assuming Atletico Madrid.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Trilderos View Post
    Which team is ranked higher in the UEFA coefficients? I'm assuming Atletico Madrid.
    Barcelona are currently top, although we could overtake them next year as a poor year for us is about to drop off the rankings.

Third Team

Congrats on the second successive CL win!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Congrats on the second successive CL win!
    It's actually two in three years, but maybe next year ;)

World Cup Winner

Brazil - Copa América 2031

I only applied for this job out of curiosity, but when offered the job I thought it might be a useful opportunity for me to pick up a bit of knowledge and the language of the country that many of my Bourneview players come from. Other than a handful of friendlies, my first job was the Copa América being held in Bolivia.

Chile vs Brazil (group stage)

We made really hard work of this, but at least we came away with a win.

Brazil vs Uruguay (group stage)

Bourneview star Edson went nuts as we finally turned on the style. This sets up a big match with Mexico to top the group.

Brazil vs Mexico (group stage)

It was about as evenly matched as you could get, but unfortunately there were no goals.

Final Group Table

The draw meant that Mexico topped the group thanks their better goal difference.

Costa Rica vs Brazil (quarter final)

It looked like it was heading for extra time until Lucio grabbed a late brace.

Colombia vs Brazil (semi final)

The hero from the last match nearly turned the villain as he gave away a late penalty which was saved. Sadly the penalty shootout that followed didn't go our way, with Bourneview defender Harold Parra scoring the winning penalty for Colombia.

Immediately after the Colombia defeat I resigned from my job with Brazil. I won't be looking to take on another international job for the foreseeable future.

Youth Team

Another amazing season! You have some quite outstanding players for any league, let alone Northern Ireland. Hopefully youth facilities will be hot on the heels of the stadium!

World Cup Winner

The completion date of the stadium seems to have been put back by two years :mad:

Cracking season dafuge .

Shame about the stadium!!

Part-Timer
    somewhere in Malta at the current time of reading

Do you have any Norn Irish players in your team? If yes, how good are they?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    Do you have any Norn Irish players in your team? If yes, how good are they?
    Squad

None at all

Hopefully if I ever get some youth facilities I'll be able to turn to local talent but at the moment NI just don't have anyone good enough to get into my team.

Youth Team

Blimey, looking at your squad your team could be based in pretty much any country but N.Ireland.

Amateur

It's a shame that other clubs are not even remotely following your progress. That's why I enjoy the most playing with for example with some smaller Ukrainian team, where I can make progress together with giants like Shakhtar and Dynamo, and challenge for position among top 5 nations.
    Last edited by yugo23; 11-02-2012 at 13:29.

World Cup Winner

Jonny Evans has resigned from Linfield to take the NI job

My assistant was being linked with the job

Semi Pro

Maybe you should let him take the job to see if he learned anything from you!

Amateur

Great stuff, really enjoyed reading this career and look forward to more updates. Awesome work.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2031/32

Last season we managed to win our second Champions League title as the club really started to feel like a European giant rather than a successful underdog. Now all we need is the other clubs in Northern Ireland to make an effort to catch us up.

League Table

Amazingly this was out worst points total in five years, but this season we were scoring goals for fun.

Domestic Cups - we won them all again, beating Linfield in two of the finals.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a convincing win over tough opposition.

FIFA Club World Cup - it looked like we were going to blow the final once again, but saved it with a very late winner. Finally the question mark can go!

UEFA Champions League - we were beaten to top spot by Liverpool in the group stage, but then went on a rampage in the knockout rounds. We made our way to the final with stunning victories over Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, before destroying Porto to lift a second successive title. Perhaps the biggest story of the tournament though was that Linfield managed to qualify from their group, although they got destroyed by Real Madrid in the next round.

Squad - the squad has come a long way from a few years ago. Players are mostly happy, contract are being signed and at last I can actually plan for the future with the players I have. I'm still constantly looking towards improving the squad, but I can finally bring in youngsters who have a chance of ending their careers with the club.

Transfers - for the second successive year I made a loss in the transfer market. The finances are a bit of a worry (down to £70m now from £180m) but I'm confident I could make a profit by selling players if I needed to.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - not his best season as injuries disrupted it, but still amazing.

Edson - he's probably a better striker than Vuko.

Lapa - a superb contribution from midfield.

Agustín Berardi - it is a good job I'm forced to rotate the squad.

Teté - great stuff from left Teté.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

This season was as good as it could get, winning everything, but the main thing for me was that we are now finally recognised as a club with continental reputation. The new stadium is on the way, although I seemt o have two different dates for completion, two years apart.

Northern Irish football is on the up .

203 goals .

Amateur

Interesting Group for Linfield with Man United and Celtic. Meaning Sporting had to make 3 trips to the UK.

Youth Team

Another excellent season and really promising news with Linfield's European performance! Are they starting to get some decent-ish players or was it a bit of a fluke?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Another excellent season and really promising news with Linfield's European performance! Are they starting to get some decent-ish players or was it a bit of a fluke?
    They are definitely improving, but it was a bit of fluke in that the teams they beat had much better squads than them. They are bringing in some decent players from Scotland, but until they start looking outside of the UK they are going to find it hard to get much better.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 2
    Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 89th in FIFA rankings - up 26

World Cup Winner

The relocation to the new stadium has happened, we are now playing in the 24621 all seater Dafuge Park

No sign of any youth facilities though

Amateur

Can you add at least Linfield and Glentoran to the reputations report?

World Cup Winner

Can you add at least Linfield and Glentoran to the reputations report?
    I'll add them next time, here they are at the moment:

Linfield - 57th in UEFA coefficients
    Glentoran - 137th in UEFA coefficients

Linfield are in with a great chance of making even more progress as they will be in the group stage again this year thanks to our CL win.

World Cup Winner

England approaches...

my assistant

Not really sure what to make of this, but he is currently still my assistant while managing England in his spare time. He's a superb assistant but I suppose I'll have to let him go to avoid this bizarre situation.

Can you post a ss of him? Must have some cracking stats if he is their Manager!!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Can you post a ss of him? Must have some cracking stats if he is their Manager!!
    Michael Downes

He's pretty awesome, which is making him incredibly hard to replace

Yeah I can see why he was appointed .

Suprised no clubs have approached him to be fair.

Amateur

He doesn't have scouting knowledge of Northern Ireland?

World Cup Winner

He doesn't have scouting knowledge of Northern Ireland?
    I've always thought that was odd, I'm sure assistants always used to pick up knowledge of the country they were working in.

Youth Team

Wow your squad is just insane, the rate at which your team has progressed is incredible. What are your aims for the future? Developing N.I youth?

World Cup Winner

Wow your squad is just insane, the rate at which your team has progressed is incredible. What are your aims for the future? Developing N.I youth?
    I'd love to be able to do something about the state of the NI national team by developing some NI players, but without any youth facilities I really can't. Even clubs like Linfield, Glentoran, Portadown etc. have all abandoned the NI players, going for GB players instead.

Youth Team

Just wondering but have you changed the leagues at all as you've progressed or have you just stuck with the same ones you started with?

World Cup Winner

Just wondering but have you changed the leagues at all as you've progressed or have you just stuck with the same ones you started with?
    I haven't touched them. I quite fancy loading a few of the bigger European leagues but I'm quite enjoying the balance of the database and the speed at the moment.

Youth Team

Fair enough, i'd guess that having the spanish italian leagues etc up they would be more active in the market which would provide a tougher test in europe.

Amateur

Have you considered leaving Bourneview and maybe taking another club to the top? One with youth facilities?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    Have you considered leaving Bourneview and maybe taking another club to the top? One with youth facilities?
    It is tempting, but I'm determined to try and do this by managing just one club and not having any influence on the others at all. That should guarantee the game lasts the long term.

Youth Team

Is your youth recuitment still low aswell or have you been able to increase that?

World Cup Winner

I've only ever had the option to cut back on that

Youth Team

thats frustrating and very limiting. I think the recuitment levels depends on that of your rivals so if they don't improve it, you never will.

203 goals?

Jesus Christ.

Amateur

Brilliant dafuge absolutely brilliant but what now...?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Plobdork View Post
    Brilliant dafuge absolutely brilliant but what now...?
    The challenge of taking my club to the top looks like it is over, but the battle to drag the league up with me is still going.

Then there's the issue of the non existent youth facilities which are stopping me from helping NI out.

Plenty to do still

World Cup Winner

Glentoran 4-3 Bourneview

There it is, the record of 254 unbeaten league games has ended

Youth Team

It's all downhill from here...

Semi Pro

One loss at every 254 matches can't be that bad...

Canny crap that dafuge .

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2032/33

We have established ourselves as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, if not the biggest. All there is to do now is keep on winning in the hope the other clubs catch up or our chairman decides to build some youth facilities.

League Table

Not quite up to last season in terms of goals, but the major story was Glentoran ending our 254 game unbeaten run.

Domestic Cups - the usual clean sweep.

UEFA Super Cup - an interesting club to face, but we destroyed them.

FIFA Club World Cup - a bit more convincing than last year, but it was another win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was fairly routine, even with the Man City defeat that nearly saw us lose top spot. The biggest scare in the knockout rounds was against Marseille, where despite dominating we made it through by the narrowest of margins. The final was tight, but we never looked like losing.

Squad - quality all over, this squad is getting better and better.

Transfers - a very quiet year for transfers, although with the sliding finances we may need to be a bit more active soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he had a slow start but picked up towards the end. I took him off penalties which may have made a big difference.

Edson - definitely our best striker now.

Lapa - brilliant again.

Agustín Berardi - another great year for the third choice striker.

Admir Juric - he's a new signing that deserves a mention, he should be my first choice winger soon.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

The challenge to take Bourneview to the top is well and truly over, now we need the others to pick up. Linfield finished bottom of their tough CL group and Glentoran had the usual exit in the qualifiers so it doesn't look as if much is happening there.

Just got a rather hefty stadium expansion, from 24k up to 37k
    Last edited by dafuge; 15-02-2012 at 20:34.

Another great season .

How far do you think you will be able to go before you get bored?

Semi Pro

How often do you get job offers?

Youth Team

Great progress in such a short time span. Hope you improve your youth intakes soon.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    How often do you get job offers?
    I've had a handful of international job offers recently, but no others. I don't have any other leagues loaded though so I'm not expecting any.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 11th in European competitions (3 stars) - no change
    Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 10th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 82nd in FIFA rankings - up 7

Linfield - 48th in UEFA coefficients - up 9
    Glentoran - 128th in UEFA coefficients - up 9

The reputations seem to be hitting a bit of a wall now, there's not a lot more we can do as a club but wait and hope the others improve.

Amateur

Just got a rather hefty stadium expansion, from 24k up to 37k
    How are your domestic attendance figures?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drtrick View Post
    How are your domestic attendance figures?
    Pretty strong. We averaged 23440 last season, selling out for the bigger games.

Amateur

What about the other teams in Northern Ireland? Anyone close to your attendances?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TWFL View Post
    What about the other teams in Northern Ireland? Anyone close to your attendances?
    I've gone past the league reset date now, so can't really compare them easily. I'll try and get a screenshot up once I've got stuck into next season.

Amateur

I've gone past the league reset date now, so can't really compare them easily. I'll try and get a screenshot up once I've got stuck into next season.
    Cheers, should be interesting to see whether you're dominating that too..

World Cup Winner

Here are the league stats for attendances, we are about 12 games in and our stadium capacity is currently restricted to 22652. We have an expansion due soo that should take us up to around 37k.

Averages

%

Sellouts

Linfield Averages - this is probably the most important one, and they are not the only club to have seen an increase in attendances recently.

Thats a pretty consistant increase (except 1 year) for Linfield. Good for the league with 3 Champions League places which can only help attendances.

Like the fact that Portadown have a 6.62% average attendance .

Amateur

Been reading this thread over the past few days and you are doing superbly! KUTGW

Youth Team

Massive contrast between the attendances, do the ticket prices vary much or are they all at the same kind of level?

World Cup Winner

Massive contrast between the attendances, do the ticket prices vary much or are they all at the same kind of level?
    There's not a huge difference, just a few pounds between the clubs.

Amateur

What are your finances like?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    What are your finances like?
    Finances

We were losing money at a rate, so I'm having to work on the finances this year. We simply couldn't afford to keep the squad we had last season so I've been rebuilding it.

Semi Pro

For a top team, your sponsorship deals are pretty lousy. The board is your biggest rival...

Part-Timer

How are you picking up all of these youngsters? Just sending mountains of scouts out or doing it all manually?

You've picked up so many gems it's untrue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast