+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: From Young Men to World Beaters

Amateur

Unlucky

Looking forward to new updates (dear computer, hope you get well soon)

Part-Timer

Computer still broken Dafuge? I miss reading your updates

World Cup Winner

It is still being repaired

The motherboard has been replaced and it has now regained its power, but some of the keys are not working. It could be solved with a bit of cleaning but if the keyboard needs replacing it might mean another wait.

Third Team

The Northern Ireland Premiership is up to 2* atm in my save. Top 3 teams are rated 1.5*

I'm in the 2022/23 season

Hopefully you'll win the Europa League or Champions League

World Cup Winner

The laptop is back \o/

Youth Team

Hooray!!

Semi Pro

Don't let your wife out of the kitchen from now on!

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2024/25

Last season we had a good run in Europe, so this year we were hoping to build on that. The constant turnover of players (as no one will sign a new contract) and the lack of investment into the youth facilities continues so all we can do is just keep going for the time being.

League Table

It was the usual story as we lost the one game. Linfield slipped up, but this could have been due to their European campaign. They somehow managed to knock out Shakhtar in the Champions League before losing badly to Roma. Still, this put them in the Europa League group stage where they managed to get one win.

Mid-Ulster Cup - easy enough as usual, I just wish I had some youth players I could play in this competition.

Irish League Cup - we slipped up!

Irish Cup - an easy win.

Setanta Cup - another easy win, although Shamrock Rovers nearly knocked us out in the quarter final.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy enough, but we had a repeat of last season in the group stage. We really were the third seed in the group, battering the team below us and losing every match to the two above us.

UEFA Europa League - we had a stunning run with notable victories over Bayern Munich and Man City. The final was strangely held at our ground, but it did not go our way. Such a shame really as that was a great opportunity to gain some vital coefficient points.

Squad - we have quite a big squad now as we really need it with the fixture congestion, at one point we played five games in seven days! As usual, we have some contracts expiring soon which means another big clear-out. Top players such as Ivkovic, Wilton, Patrick and Merkel will all probably leave in the summer to make sure we cash in while we can.

Transfers - we are starting to spend a bit more now, although Milojkovic was a hige waste of money.

Key Player Profiles:

Dragan Ivkovic - easily our best striker, he will be hard to replace.

Wilton - a superb player, he'll be another big loss.

Rafael - the other great winger we have.

Tim Merkel - our top scorer, who also might be leaving.

Xaxá - the new hope in replacing these strikers/midfielders.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    Next Season

There will be a lot of key players sold this summer, so it is likley we will be making a lot of money. I just hope the bard finally decide to do something about the stadium/youth facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    UEFA Europa League - we had a stunning run with notable victories over Bayern Munich and Man City. The final was strangely held at our ground, but it did not go our way. Such a shame really as that was a great opportunity to gain some vital coefficient points.
    I have seen that happen before. I was playing a Europa League Final against Liverpool. The build up and all the news stated it was at Anfield, the in game screen showed it was at Anfield, my fixtures said Neutral and the past winners showed a different stadium to Anfield. Dont know if thats what it showed fully for you!!!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I have seen that happen before. I was playing a Europa League Final against Liverpool. The build up and all the news stated it was at Anfield, the in game screen showed it was at Anfield, my fixtures said Neutral and the past winners showed a different stadium to Anfield. Dont know if thats what it showed fully for you!!!
    It shows as home on my fixture list and away on Sevilla's, but on the Europa League pages it is showing as a stadium in Turkey.

Probably the first time a European final has been attended by just 3500 people

Youth Team

Excellent run in the Europa League, regardless of the final loss that should be a meaty chunk of coefficient points.

Amateur

Cracking run in the Europa League, did it make you much money?

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Northern Ireland - 20th in FIFA rankings - up 9
    Northern Ireland - 13th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Carling Premiership - 27th in European competitions (2.5 stars) - down 7, down half a star
    Bourneview - 20th in UEFA coefficients - up 8

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Cracking run in the Europa League, did it make you much money?
    Not really, no. I think I made more by playing in the CL group stage than I did for making the final of the EL.

Youth Team

Good to see you back up and running again, dafuge

The NI national team seems to be doing alright too.

World Cup Winner

Glentoran 0-0 Sevilla

Making the most out of the second CL spot, Glentoran managed something we didn't by getting a result against Sevilla. Just a shame they lost the away leg 2-1. Still, this puts them in the EL group stage so it looks like the other clubs are finally doing something in Europe.

Semi Pro

Great to see this up and running again and great to see you get to the EL final with Glentoran helping the ratings out

Amateur
    Still annoying the cameraman at the back of the boothen end every home game!

Glentoran 0-0 Sevilla

Making the most out of the second CL spot, Glentoran managed something we didn't by getting a result against Sevilla. Just a shame they lost the away leg 2-1. Still, this puts them in the EL group stage so it looks like the other clubs are finally doing something in Europe.
    Great to see your laptop back up and running!
    Are the other clubs making it any tougher in the league now then? Or is the european success distracting them domestically!

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2025/26

Last season we made an historic European final, so it was always going to be tough to better that. The squad was due another clear-out, so yet another transitional year was on the cards.

League Table

Not quite as dominant as last season, but we did manage to avoid the usual single defeat.

Intermediate Cup - I finally remembered to drop a few squad players into the reserves to make a run in this cup. I don't think I'll do it again as I had fitness issues towards the end of the season and I really could have done with my squad players being fully fit.

Mid-Ulster Cup - the usual story.

Irish League Cup - Linfield gave us a tough final, but we snatched the win.

Irish Cup - another comfortable win.

Setanta Cup - this was a crazy final.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy enough, but it was the same old story in the group stage. It was an improvement as we managed to take points off the top seeds, but we could only manage a 1-1 draw with Sevilla when we needed a big win to get through.

UEFA Europa League - AEK gave us a scare, but we recovered and put together a couple of good wins, including this dramatic result against Schalke. The run ended in the semi finals, where Man City outclassed us.

Squad - the squad is a decent size, but we suffered with injuries and fitness problems once the fixtures started piling up.

Transfers - this was probably the biggest clear-out I've had at the club. Players were sold to avoid losing them for nothing, but I continued and sold a few players in January. I've brought in a few younger players in the hope of being able to submit a better size squad in Europe.

Key Player Profiles:

Alexandru Vlad - he was signed as we were short of strikers and instantly hit form

Soren Vestergaard - looks superb for 16, but will need to recover from a broken leg.

Paulinho - a versatile midfielder who has had success in the AMC role.

Ivan Lalik - not bad for a backup striker.

Levent Fil - still working his way into the first team, but he's had a great season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
    2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
    2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
    2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
    2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
    2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    Next Season

To have the season we did with the changes to the squad was superb, hopefully we can build on this next year and make progress in Europe. The stadium is getting bigger (approaching 5000) but there are still no signs of a youth setup.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 15th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 12, up half a star
    Bourneview - 16th in UEFA coefficients - up 4
    Northern Ireland - 14th in UEFA coefficients - down 1
    Northern Ireland - 34th in FIFA rankings - down 14

World Cup Winner

We are now second seeds in the CL group stage draw

Just a shame we drew a tough third seed in Marseille

Amateur

This is an awesome story, absolutely loving it. Spent an age reading your old FM11 and FM10 stories too! Could you post up your finances please?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Sears View Post
    This is an awesome story, absolutely loving it. Spent an age reading your old FM11 and FM10 stories too! Could you post up your finances please?
    Finances - I've got more money than I could possibly spend, but the board are still reluctant to build a new stadium or improve the youth setup. We really need the club to step up a level so I can make better use of the money and stop making these huge profits.

Semi Pro

some good Finance to spend spend it wisely though

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cragswfc View Post
    some good Finance to spend spend it wisely though
    I would, if I could. The best players I can get my hands on usually cost me around £2-4m, so having a transfer budget of £130m is a bit pointless

Youth Team

how rich are you wow

Amateur

I've been reading your careers for the past couple of years and they never cease to amaze me! Keep up the good work

Amateur

Hi Dafuge - excellent read as ever. I'm trying to build a lower league Belgium team up and have got so far and then stalled. I think, like many, that the new patch stunted the success of the tactic and I'm trying to work out what best to do.

Can I ask what formation you're playing with (sorry if I've missed it in the thread) - is it similar to your old T&M one? How do you keep your team motivated with team talks? You've built this team up really well - pity your owner won't invest to help you with your facilities. I'm interested in seeing how people take on lower league teams and develop them.

World Cup Winner

It's the same formation I've always played, a 4-4-2 wide diamond. I think I wrote my current tactic with the FM11 demo and I've not really changed it since!

I leave the team talks to my assistant. I'm sure I could do a better job but with this particular game speed was always going to be an issue so I decided to cut a few things out.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2026/27

Last season we had another good run in Europe so we just wanted more of the same.

League Table

We threw away a few silly points but we were scoring for fun this year.

Mid-Ulster Cup - another win for the fringe players, I just wish I had a youth team to play in this one.

Irish League Cup - another easy win.

Irish Cup - the first team made easy work of this one.

Setanta Cup - we left it fairly late to complete the clean sweep of the domestic cups.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy as usual but we conquered the group stage as second seeds. A superb win against Bayern was followed by a 2-1 home win over Chelsea. We led the second leg 3-2 at half time, then fell to bits completely. Still, quarter finals equals our best run in Europe.

Squad - I kept a large squad and kept them fit, which really made a difference.

Transfers - no huge moves, but there were a few decent youngsters brought in.

Key Player Profiles:

Alexandru Vlad - last year's top scorer had a quiet year as the strikers were rotated.

Benedikt Schafer - one of the contenders for the top striker position.

Levent Fil - another good year for the young winger.

Stéphane Tournier - a great contribution from the midfielder.

Cesc - our captain, who could be on his way out as his contract expires.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    Next Season

The stadium nearly holds 7000 now, which is promising, but ideally I'm after a new ground and some youth facilities. There's a number of contracts expiring next year so there will be yet another overhaul as my players all refuse to extend their contracts.

Stadium expansion announced that will take us to around 10500
    Last edited by dafuge; 16-01-2012 at 19:02.

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 19th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 4
    Bourneview - 15th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 13th in UEFA coefficients - up 1
    Northern Ireland - 48th in FIFA rankings - down 14

Amateur

Do other NI clubs have any success in Europe at all?

Youth Team

Great season in Europe, shame you couldn't hang on against Chelsea. Good news about the stadium expansion as well, perhaps signals the board loosening up about improving things further?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by yugo23 View Post
    Do other NI clubs have any success in Europe at all?
    A couple of them have made the Europa League group stage, but that is it. Last season they all got knocked out in the qualifiers as usual.

Part-Timer

What leagues did you load ?

World Cup Winner

Just the NI leagues, but a load of extra players.

Great read so far!

I remember reading your Dartford career back in the day.

Great stuff.

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2027/28

Last season we continued our progress in Europe so we just needed more of the same.

League Table

We ripped the league apart, just a shame about that draw.

Mid-Ulster Cup - yet another one, but the highlight came in the first round.

Irish League Cup - and another big final win.

Irish Cup - and again.

Setanta Cup - and again.

UEFA Champions League - the qualifiers were easy as usual, which put us in a group which we managed to top. This superb result was followed by two great victories over Spanish opposition but Man City thrashed us to end our run. Making the semi finals is our best result ever and it looks like we could be capable of repeating this.

Squad - with no contracts due to expire I can look forward to using the same squad again next season.

Transfers - there was a big clearout as a lot of contracts were running out, but the players that have come in have been quality.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he was just insane.

Stéphane Tournier - another great contribution from tthe midfielder.

Alexandru Vlad - he had to settle for a bit part role, but still banged in the goals.

Rogério - another reserve striker who had a good year.

Diogo - the rock in midfield.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    Next Season

This was another great season, so I'm hoping the board will expand the stadium again (currently holds 10498). I'm looking forward to the announcements of the reputations, there could be some good news for us.

Youth Team

Making some real progress now.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Making some real progress now.
    On the pitch we are making great progress, I just wish things off the pitch would follow.

I still can't persuade anyone to sign a new contract and we still don't have any youth facilities :mad:

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 16th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 3
    Bourneview - 13th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - up 2
    Northern Ireland - 73rd in FIFA rankings - down 25

The news I was hoping for has come through, NI now has an automatic spot in the CL group stage

Youth Team

You still a mod Daf?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    You still a mod Daf?
    No, not any more.

Great work dafuge & excellent news on NI getting an automatic qualifying spot .

Amateur

It's very strange (or sad) that other clubs are not following your success even remotely. How are their finances? Are there any interesting transfers going on besides your club? NI Premier league now has really good reputation, it should not be an obstacle anymore.

World Cup Winner

There doesn't seem to be much money being spent by any of them, which is a shame. Perhaps if one of them makes the group stage of the CL things might pick up?

World Cup Winner

I've just had a landmark event, I've managed to get a work permit for a signing \o/

Reserves

That itself is worth a party.

World Cup Winner

Diego Ojeda

Here's the player who got it. Physically not great, but at 17 he's got time to improve.

Amateur

Whoa, he's insanely talented.

Amateur

He'll join you on time to score the decisive goal in CL final.

Semi Pro

He's worth a work permit for sure!

Amateur

I think I'm in love with those stats.

Youth Team

Congrats on the automatic Champions League spot and WP!

Amateur

Wow, that guy is Messi material, plus he's normal size

Give him some strenght and quickness training, and he'll be the best in the world by 21... while playing in North Ireland. Not bad

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2028/29

Things had been going superbly as we continued to make progress in Europe and dominated domestically.

League Table

This was the only improvement possible on last season, we absolutely smashed the league. More interestingly though, Linfield seemed reinvigorated under new manager Jonny Evans, making the Europa League group stage and managing three draws from the six games.

Mid-Ulster Cup - even with fielding my weakest team I won this with ease.

Irish League Cup - it was the same story with this one. Sorry Nep.

Irish Cup - this was a huge win as Linfield made a great attempt to steal our crown.

Setanta Cup - this win over our rivals was a bit more convincing.

UEFA Champions League

Qualifier - I'm not quite sure why we entered at this stage, but this first leg win settled the tie. We won the second leg 4-2.

Group Stage - it was just Juventus that took points off us as we topped the group.

1st knockout round - we recovered from a 2-1 away defeat, but it was damn close.

Quarter final - after a 2-0 home win, we sealed the win in this fiery match.

Semi final - after a 1-0 away loss the game was in the balance, but a dramatic winner sealed the win seconds before it went to penalties.

Final - things looked bleak after the early goal, but the sending off gave us hope. Minutes before defeat, our star striker popped up to send it to extra time where he grabbed the winner before missing a penalty that turned out to be irrelevant.

Squad - I've managed to keep a great squad together for a while, but the contract situation means I will have to sell a number of key players.

Transfers - there wasn't much action, but the big news was that I managed to get work permits for a couple of signings.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he wants to leave, but he's still a legend.

Alexandru Vlad - a superb stand in for Vuko, but his contract is up soon.

Levent Fil - another superb season, but another player who may leave soon.

Emanuel Granata - had a great year filling in the AMC role.

Habib Nwankpa - the second player who managed to win a work permit, and well worth it.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    Next Season

This season is almost impossible to repeat, so the only improvements I can hope for are off the field. Over the next two or three years there are a number of key contracts expiring, so the squad will need to be rebuilt yet again. With the new ability to gain a work permit once in a blue moon, there is hope that I can can rebuild this squad, but only time will tell.

Youth Team

Really fantastic job winning the Champions League in a relatively short space of time! I wonder how far down the line it'll be before you can start hanging on to players you want to keep?

World Cup Winner

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 13th in European competitions (3 stars) - up 3
    Bourneview - 9th in UEFA coefficients - up 4
    Northern Ireland - 11th in UEFA coefficients - no change
    Northern Ireland - 91st in FIFA rankings - down 18

Amateur

Nicely done mate. That will give Linfield yourr automatic spot next year right? So 2 teams in the ECC. If they cant boost the coefficient a bit Northern Ireland might become a more attractive propositon to move/stay.

Amateur

Congratulations Daf that was absolutely amazing comeback.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcain View Post
    Nicely done mate. That will give Linfield yourr automatic spot next year right? So 2 teams in the ECC. If they cant boost the coefficient a bit Northern Ireland might become a more attractive propositon to move/stay.
    I hadn't even thought of that, provided the CL spots are correct this year that could be huge.

Amateur

Unlucky in the final

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Unlucky in the final
    Not really

Amateur

Bourneview - Werder Bremen 9:1. Words fail to describe this result.

How did Ojeda do since his January arrival?

World Cup Winner

Bourneview - Werder Bremen 9:1. Words fail to describe this result.

How did Ojeda do since his January arrival?
    After I had agreed a deal to sign him he got injured for five months with a hip injury. When he finally returned he sprained an ankle on his debut, missing another four weeks.

He eventually made seven appearances without really setting the world on fire. Hopefully this season I can get him a bit more involved.

Amateur

Now that you have won Champions League, maybe you could buy some fringe players from other NI clubs for couple of millions, to help them progress? In a way they would become your feeder clubs. Unless you consider that cheating.

World Cup Winner

I have considered that, but I'd really like the other NI clubs to be able to progress without any input from me at all.

Until now they have been pretty pathetic but with Linfield in the group stage of the CL there is a chance they will kick on.

Youth Team

Well they'll probably get pasted, but the £6m plus income from the group stage ought to make a medium term difference.

Amateur

What about Club coefficient screenshot, sorted by nations, where all NI clubs can be seen?

World Cup Winner

What about Club coefficient screenshot, sorted by nations, where all NI clubs can be seen?
    Here it is

Bit of a gap between us and Linfield

Amateur

Thanks. It's a shame that Portadown and Carrick are not in EL this year, as they are better rated than Institute, Ballymena and Coleraine.

World Cup Winner

Left wing - Right wing

I have a nice pair of Tetés

Semi Pro

Left Teté looks better

World Cup Winner

Linfield vs Barcelona

Not bad for a debut in the group stage

Cracking result dafuge .

Semi Pro

It has to be frustrating seeing that Linfield have a bigger stadium than you!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kingjericho View Post
    It has to be frustrating seeing that Linfield have a bigger stadium than you!
    I hate that, although we are catching up. The latest expansion took us up to around 16000, not bad for a ground that used to hold 550

World Cup Winner

They won't qualify, but Linfield are awesome

Youth Team

Haha excellent! Are they anywhere near nicking 3rd place?

Lovely pair of Tetés by the way

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Haha excellent! Are they anywhere near nicking 3rd place?

Lovely pair of Tetés by the way
    They have a reasonable chance of 3rd, they need to beat Leverkusen (who they drew away with).

Reserves

That would give NI a bit more to go on ranking-wise.

Youth Team

Fantastic achievement in winning the Champions League dafuge And great to see Linfield making progress as well. How did the other N.I. teams fare in the Europa League?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Fantastic achievement in winning the Champions League dafuge And great to see Linfield making progress as well. How did the other N.I. teams fare in the Europa League?
    Linfield made the group stage last season, that's the best that any of them have managed. Usually they all lose in the qualifiers.

Excellent achievement in Europe .

Amateur
    Still annoying the cameraman at the back of the boothen end every home game!

Great work daf, where do you see yourself at the end of next season?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by scfcbostock View Post
    Great work daf, where do you see yourself at the end of next season?
    Tough one. We look good in Europe (so far) so should make the latter stages, but it all depends on how kind the draw is to us.

Part-Timer

I hope you can go far in Europe!

Amateur

Did you ask your board for feeder clubs? Is it possible to have other NI Prem club as feeder club?

Semi Pro

Something like this bugs me abit, you have a stadium of around 13,000 and probably sell out every European match but in the Final of the CL you and Madrid sell out 90,000.

I assume every final is a sell out on FM but I'm not to sure you'd get around 40,000 Bournview fans going to the CL final.

World Cup Winner

Did you ask your board for feeder clubs? Is it possible to have other NI Prem club as feeder club?
    I've got three NI clubs from the lower leagues, but I've never been offered any Premiership clubs.

Part-Timer

How much did you earn from that Champions' League campaign then? Surely you must have a mindblowing amount of cash in the bank now?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Something like this bugs me abit, you have a stadium of around 13,000 and probably sell out every European match but in the Final of the CL you and Madrid sell out 90,000.

I assume every final is a sell out on FM but I'm not to sure you'd get around 40,000 Bournview fans going to the CL final.
    Based on last year's final at Wembley, the two clubs get an allocation of 25000 tickets. I think we could sell that considering we are selling out our 16000 capacity stadium for CL and bigger league games.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    How much did you earn from that Champions' League campaign then? Surely you must have a mindblowing amount of cash in the bank now?
    Since we not considered a big club, we don't get a huge share of the CL TV money, but we still got around £27m in prize money last season.

We have a balance of £181m

Part-Timer

Since we not considered a big club, we don't get a huge share of the CL TV money, but we still got around £27m in prize money last season.

We have a balance of £181m
    At this rate you'll be funding yourself on the interest

World Cup Winner

The club is really making progress now, I've just signed a contract extension with a key player

My wage bill is going to explode though

Amateur

Any progress regarding a new stadium dafuge?

World Cup Winner

They continue to keep expanding it by a couple of thousand seats every year. No sign of hitting an expansion limit though

Part-Timer

Awesome awesome win in the final there Daf!

World Cup Winner

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2029/30

Things couldn't get any better than last season.

League Table

We did the clean sweep, in even more emphatic fashion that last season.

Domestic Cups - we won them all as usual, I'm going to cut the separate screenshots from now onwards.

UEFA Super Cup - it took extra time, but we took the win we deserved.

FIFA Club World Cup - absolutely gutted, the was the win I needed to remove the ? from the thread title.

UEFA Champions League - no problems in the group stage, but after beating Manchester United we lost out on away goals to Porto in the quarter finals.

Squad - as you can see by the values, things have really moved forward at this club. This really is starting to feel like a big club.

Transfers - we still made a profit, but this was a huge transfer window for us. This sort of spending was unheard of for our club.

Key Player Profiles:

Dejan Vukojevic - he missed a lot of games through injury, but the big news was the signing of a huge new contract.

Edson - one of a number of new strikers who were signed to replace Vuko.

Teté - a great return from the midfielder, but he will probably be sold soon.

Ricardo - another great striker.

Tony Okeke - one of the recent work permit winners.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
    2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
    Next Season

This was a disappointing season in Europe, but the club is making huge steps forward. If the stadium can continue to grow we could really claim to be one of the big guns in Europe.

Youth Team

Amazing progress - looks like things have exploded in the last few years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast