Razer82's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Americas Challenge

The Aim

To take a previously unplayable team from the lower leagues of a nation from the Americas to their domestic title, the Copa Libertadores or NACL and then onto the Club World Cup! These do not have to be won in the same season.

The Club World Cup has been added to the challenge in order to bring the USA in as a playable nation. A game with just winning the NACL could be over rather quickly with a side from the MLS so an extra degree of difficulty has been added for longevity.

The Setup

Leagues that can be used:- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, USA

Reputations of Leagues eligible for this challenge - To be updated.

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Colombia

Mexico

Peru

Uruguay

USA

Getting Started

Load all the available division within the nation you select (Only one nation is allowed)

A Large database should be selected (Although you are free to use other database sizes if you wish to)

Attribute Masking should be enabled.

You can load all players from the nation that you have selected to manage in and also select the option to load players from the Top Clubs in the continent but NO other additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn’t make any difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed Manager, the details of which are unimportant.

Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated, see below for actual dates, and select one of the newly promoted teams.

League Reset Dates - Correct as of FM11

Argentina - 1st July

Brazil - 3rd January - Save Game provided by viiralx

Chile - 1st January

Colombia - 10th January

Mexico - 20th July

Peru - 28th January

Uruguay - 31st July

USA - 27th December

These reset dates have been taken from profiles loaded for the previous version of this challenge, so may not be 100% accurate, if you find that one is not correct, please let me know and I'll update the list.

Then retire your original manager profile.

Add a new manager with the experience set to ‘Sunday League Footballer’, or if that is not available then ‘Automatic’.

Take over one of the clubs newly promoted into the lowest division within your selected nation. If you are unsure about which clubs have been promoted then check the clubs’ history of league positions, it should be blank.

It is now up to you to manage the club to their domestic title, the Copa Libertadores or NACL and then onto the Club World Cup.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you are sacked, you can either take over at another club the meet the original challenge criteria or just quit the current save and start again.

Any form of international management is not allowed until the challenge has been completed.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder / parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the date you take control at your new club.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), so please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Good luck to everyone taking part this year.

If anyone can provide me with the league reputations then that would be great.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am back and ready to complete this challenge yet again. Im going to be in the USA again and I was very lucky that I managed to get New York Red Bulls. The only thing that I forgot to do was take a profile picture when I took over. Hope this is still okay?

Will get the rest of the screenies uploaded some time this weekend.

I have never managed in S. America and this challenge is going to make me try. I am not sure what exact challenge from the board I will do first but I am setting them all up. I am not sure what country to try this in so I will let the board decide. I will divide the alphabet into equal sections and assign each country (except the US) a section. Whoever posts after this message the first letter in there username will determine the league.

I feel sad :(. I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's, rancer's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Razer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's and rancer's challenge will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in Brazil as I know it's meant to be quite difficult to get promoted.

I feel sad :(. I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's, rancer's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Razer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's and rancer's challenge will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in Brazil as I know it's meant to be quite difficult to get promoted.

I'm confused about what you want me to make an exception for.

Hrm Ive got a quick question about Brazil. Are newly promoted teams the ones that come from the State divisions or only ones that have empty records from last season. I just simmed and only 1 team has an empty record and a couple others are from the State divisions below.

You just need to check the teams in the third division to confirm that they didn't play league football in the previous year. It can be that teams are only promoted into either a state championship or the third division but you need one in the league structure.

maybe now adding/removing leagues is possible, you can do them one by one. first complete dafuge's challenge, then remove that league and add an asian league to start rancer890's challenge. and after completing that challenge remove the asian and move on the next challenge.

Juventude or Gama , Those two clubs got a special place in my heart. I usually take them up to serie a in every FM version.

Also Ji-Paraná.. But i have not had them playable since FM07 >_<

I'l holiday til i get one of them :,)

Good luck with Comercial AC

Thanks, things seem to be going well, a nice 4-2-3-1 formation & we're winning games 3 or 4-0. Slightly easier that I was expecting, just have to hope that things go as well when we start playing in the league rather than a state championship.

@Quacky: Heh.. I think i have enough players to get through,, hopefully..

I also keep signing players for the future like a crazy person.. im Wenger 3.0 :rolleyes:

viiralx - It's always nice to start a league with a win, I did in my game too. The insanely productive 4-2-3-1 formation yeidled me a 6-1 home win in game one but failed to produce anything in game 2 which was a 2-0 defeat.

I say insanely productive as during my state championship it somehow managed to get me about 4 goals a game. Whilst I love a productive tactic, this is a bit too much for me, so I'm taking steps to reduce the effectiveness by making things less attacking at set pieces etc.

sampaio-correa.png

:: 2nd Half Season Report 2012 :: Serie C ::

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile -- Team :: Squad - Squad Depth - Tactic - Profile - Transfers - Fixtures

:: Youth Project ::

First Team with new Tactic

Note: I rotated A LOT of players and things changed over the season but this is a general team setup.

ateam.jpg

Capture-1.jpg

3rd place in 1st group phase.. better then expected

Can we do better next year? I will sure try!

viiralx - Very unlucky to miss out on making the second phase but still a good showing in the league. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to get further next season.

I'll have my first season finished tonight & a summary should be up tomorrow.

In some matches.. i feel like i'm cursed.

SoJosMAvSampaioCorraSplitView-2.png

Also i have to start selling my top earners.. my balance is in red and wage is restricted.. It looks like I have to count on the youth by the time i reach Serie C start.

--

oh shii :D fielded 3 17 year olds, 1 16 year old and only 4 over 20 against the best team this year.

BacabalvSampaioCorraSplitView.png

So after selling all the high paying players.. (most of the elders of my team) iv left with the youth team iv built.

Serie C will be interesting :p

SampaioCorraFCSquad_Players-4.png

I flopped badly in Serie C after the first match.. got relegated.. so iv decided to end this save at end of season 2.

I might start the challenge again later.. but I want to try something new now.

I flopped badly in Serie C after the first match.. got relegated.. so iv decided to end this save at end of season 2.

I might start the challenge again later.. but I want to try something new now.

Shame that things didn't go too well for you. Relegation is never a good thing.

Hope you come back soon, otherwise it's just going to be me playing this challenge. :)

Razer82: After some experimenting.. I cant seem to get into any other league.. I guess i'm doomed to always love Brazilian League :3

Holidaying for another try!

BTW: where is your update? :,)

Razer82 – Comerical (PI) – Brazilian National Third Division - 2012

Piaui State Championship Runners Up

Brazilian National Third Division2nd in Stage 2 Group A – Promoted

Brazilian Cup1st Round – Los 2-0 to Criciuma

Top ScorerCristiano Alagoano (26)

Top AssistsRenatinho – (17)

Team Stats

Transfers

Although I started with a full squad, there was always going to be room for improvement & added squad depth. A number of my signings would go on to become key player throughout the season, especially Alagoano, Renatinho, Kaka (not “the” Kaka, bit too early for that one) & Caninde.

We were going into the Piaui State Championship as two time defending champions, so I was hopeful that the existing team would be able to keep up with history & the extra players would be a bonus to the team in securing a third state championship. We opened with a 3-3 draw with Flamengo (PI) and they would go onto be the only team that were able to take points from us in the entire competition.

Despite beating every other team in the state and scoring a record number of goals (55), Flamengo were the thorn in our side, taking a 2-0 win in our away game with them to secure the state championship for themselves by a single point. Although I was disappointed in a 2nd place finish, it still secured us another appearance in the Brazilian Cup for next season.

After a lengthy break it seemed that we’d carried our form into the Third Division as we opened with a 6-1 home win, this was followed up with a defeat and then 2 scoreless draws. Things were not looking good for us to grab one of the two places available to progress into Stage 2. Another win and 2 more draws saw us in a 3 way tie for 2nd place on 10 points but due to other factors we were sitting 4th. Our final game was against 2nd place Guarany, a 2-0 win saw us leapfrog them to secure progression at the last minute.

Third Division First Stage

The second phase was undoubtedly easier, we only struggled with a match against Fortaleza who handed us our only defeat in the second phase. After securing our 3rd win, our promotion was achieved, a 4th win in the final game made things safe but couldn’t get us into 1st place and earn us a shot at being crowned league champions.

Third Division Second Stage

The less said about the Brazilian Cup, the better as we fell victim to the lost a home by 2 goals rule and fell at the first hurdle.

Aims for next season are to avoid relegation from the Second Division whilst taking back the State Championship. These will be easier said than done due to the poor financial sate of the team.

Glad to see that you've got the team you were after viiralx.

My situation could be a lot better, life in Division 2 hasn't started well. We're yet to win in the first 6 games but our biggest problem is getting contracts re-signed.

Currently have 17 players due for new contracts but we're £2.5k over our wage budget & £500k in debt. If we somehow manage to avoid relegation it's going to be interesting trying to keep the squad together.

Love playing in the South American leagues but guys, how do you get through the games so fast? How do you play the games? I usually play a game or two a day (in real life) so my games tend to drag on quite a lot.

full speed with key highlights on.

Love playing in the South American leagues but guys, how do you get through the games so fast? How do you play the games? I usually play a game or two a day (in real life) so my games tend to drag on quite a lot.

Had to reduce it down to only commentary on this version. My laptop doesn't cope well with highlights anymore.

fm.png

1st Half Season Report 2012

Manager Home - Profile - Information - History - Achivments

Team Profile - Squad - Fixtures - Transfers

Building a better future

A Legend to inspire them..

Group Phase 1

Total and utter DOMINATION :)

43 goals in 13 matchs .. oh the joy.. UNBEATEN

Group Phase 2

Well.. dare I say we dominated most of phase 2.. could have gone better tho.. still UNBEATEN

Final Leg1

Final Leg 2

Guess what!? WE WON.. HAHA :) UNBEATEN TO THE END.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !! !!

Archived