+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Razer82's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Americas Challenge

Part-Timer

Default Razer82's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Americas Challenge

The Aim

To take a previously unplayable team from the lower leagues of a nation from the Americas to their domestic title, the Copa Libertadores or NACL and then onto the Club World Cup! These do not have to be won in the same season.

The Club World Cup has been added to the challenge in order to bring the USA in as a playable nation. A game with just winning the NACL could be over rather quickly with a side from the MLS so an extra degree of difficulty has been added for longevity.

The Setup

Leagues that can be used:- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, USA

Reputations of Leagues eligible for this challenge - To be updated.
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Mexico
    Peru
    Uruguay
    USA

Getting Started

Load all the available division within the nation you select (Only one nation is allowed)

A Large database should be selected (Although you are free to use other database sizes if you wish to)

Attribute Masking should be enabled.

You can load all players from the nation that you have selected to manage in and also select the option to load players from the Top Clubs in the continent but NO other additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn’t make any difference.

Add yourself as an unemployed Manager, the details of which are unimportant.

Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated, see below for actual dates, and select one of the newly promoted teams.

League Reset Dates - Correct as of FM11

Argentina - 1st July
    Brazil - 3rd January - Save Game provided by viiralx
    Chile - 1st January
    Colombia - 10th January
    Mexico - 20th July
    Peru - 28th January
    Uruguay - 31st July
    USA - 27th December

These reset dates have been taken from profiles loaded for the previous version of this challenge, so may not be 100% accurate, if you find that one is not correct, please let me know and I'll update the list.

Then retire your original manager profile.

Add a new manager with the experience set to ‘Sunday League Footballer’, or if that is not available then ‘Automatic’.

Take over one of the clubs newly promoted into the lowest division within your selected nation. If you are unsure about which clubs have been promoted then check the clubs’ history of league positions, it should be blank.

It is now up to you to manage the club to their domestic title, the Copa Libertadores or NACL and then onto the Club World Cup.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you are sacked, you can either take over at another club the meet the original challenge criteria or just quit the current save and start again.

Any form of international management is not allowed until the challenge has been completed.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder / parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines
    You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread
    Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the date you take control at your new club.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), so please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
    2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
    3. Save the file as a JPEG
    4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
    5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Good luck to everyone taking part this year.

If anyone can provide me with the league reputations then that would be great.
    Last edited by Razer82; 24-10-2011 at 19:57. Reason: Addition of Save game

Semi Pro

Great to see this challenge back Razer.
    Once i'm done in Norway, i'll be straight over to give this a bash
    Good luck one and all

Amateur

I am back and ready to complete this challenge yet again. Im going to be in the USA again and I was very lucky that I managed to get New York Red Bulls. The only thing that I forgot to do was take a profile picture when I took over. Hope this is still okay?

Will get the rest of the screenies uploaded some time this weekend.

Amateur

I have never managed in S. America and this challenge is going to make me try. I am not sure what exact challenge from the board I will do first but I am setting them all up. I am not sure what country to try this in so I will let the board decide. I will divide the alphabet into equal sections and assign each country (except the US) a section. Whoever posts after this message the first letter in there username will determine the league.

Part-Timer

Watson156 - That will be fine, just give us all the other screenshots when you can.

GoalieManPat121 - Fingers crossed you get a country that you like the looks of.

Amateur

Thanks Razer. You made it Brazil. Once I get out of work in an hour I'm going to start to sim the year and choose my team.
    Last edited by GoalieManPat121; 22-10-2011 at 12:52.

Part-Timer

Need to holiday again, got my years mixed up and picked the wrong side.
    Last edited by Razer82; 22-10-2011 at 15:33.

Part-Timer

Nice to see this back Razer82.

Would love to try Brazil or Argentina at some point this season if I can find the time.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reserves

I feel sad . I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's, rancer's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Razer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's and rancer's challenge will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in Brazil as I know it's meant to be quite difficult to get promoted.

Amateur

Hrm Ive got a quick question about Brazil. Are newly promoted teams the ones that come from the State divisions or only ones that have empty records from last season. I just simmed and only 1 team has an empty record and a couple others are from the State divisions below.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I feel sad . I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's, Gundo's, rancer's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Razer, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's, LLR's and Gundo's and rancer's challenge will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on managing in Brazil as I know it's meant to be quite difficult to get promoted.
    I'm confused about what you want me to make an exception for.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieManPat121 View Post
    Hrm Ive got a quick question about Brazil. Are newly promoted teams the ones that come from the State divisions or only ones that have empty records from last season. I just simmed and only 1 team has an empty record and a couple others are from the State divisions below.
    You just need to check the teams in the third division to confirm that they didn't play league football in the previous year. It can be that teams are only promoted into either a state championship or the third division but you need one in the league structure.

Part-Timer

Got it right this time around.

The team is Comercial AC (PI).

Whilst there is a full squad, the talent isn't all that great. For now anyway.

Manager Profile

Competition History - The team have won two state championships & given the talent level of the team that doesn't say much for the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    maybe now adding/removing leagues is possible, you can do them one by one. first complete dafuge's challenge, then remove that league and add an asian league to start rancer890's challenge. and after completing that challenge remove the asian and move on the next challenge.

Part-Timer

Anyone managed to get any good Brazilian teams up Serie C? Currently Holidaying.

Part-Timer

I've only holidayed through once & taken a team from then so I'm afraid that I can't help you.

Don't even have a save that I could give you to save some time.

What would you consider a decent team anyway?

Part-Timer

Juventude or Gama , Those two clubs got a special place in my heart. I usually take them up to serie a in every FM version.

Also Ji-Paraná.. But i have not had them playable since FM07 >_<

Part-Timer

No sign of any of those teams in my save unfortunately.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    No sign of any of those teams in my save unfortunately.
    I'l holiday til i get one of them :,)

Good luck with Comercial AC

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    I'l holiday til i get one of them :,)

Good luck with Comercial AC
    Thanks, things seem to be going well, a nice 4-2-3-1 formation & we're winning games 3 or 4-0. Slightly easier that I was expecting, just have to hope that things go as well when we start playing in the league rather than a state championship.

Part-Timer

Here is a 1st Jan save for Brazil

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile -- Team :: Information - Profile - Squad

Part-Timer

Good luck viiralx & thanks for the save game, I've added it to the opening post.

Part-Timer

Thanks Razer82 and your welcome. I plan on making this a long term save.

Part-Timer

:: 1st Half Season Report 2012 :: Campeonato Maranhense ::

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile -- Team :: Squad - Squad Depth - Tactic - Profile - Transfers - Fixtures

#[ Noteworthy Signings ]
    |- Cicinho
    |- Deyataiwa Diallo
    |- Souleymane N'Dao
    |- Sylvester Williams

We are Champions

Last edited by viiralx; 01-11-2011 at 16:29.

Part-Timer

first match in Serie C group play and i beat America. haha I was uber underdogs.

Amateur

I played with Sampaio Corrêa back in 09 or so, I did similarly in the state championships but then things really fell apart and I was last in the league, no money, no players, it was bad

Part-Timer

@Quacky: Heh.. I think i have enough players to get through,, hopefully..

I also keep signing players for the future like a crazy person.. im Wenger 3.0
    Last edited by viiralx; 27-10-2011 at 05:15.

Part-Timer

viiralx - It's always nice to start a league with a win, I did in my game too. The insanely productive 4-2-3-1 formation yeidled me a 6-1 home win in game one but failed to produce anything in game 2 which was a 2-0 defeat.

I say insanely productive as during my state championship it somehow managed to get me about 4 goals a game. Whilst I love a productive tactic, this is a bit too much for me, so I'm taking steps to reduce the effectiveness by making things less attacking at set pieces etc.

Part-Timer

:: 2nd Half Season Report 2012 :: Serie C ::

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile -- Team :: Squad - Squad Depth - Tactic - Profile - Transfers - Fixtures

:: Youth Project ::
    First Team with new Tactic

Note: I rotated A LOT of players and things changed over the season but this is a general team setup.

3rd place in 1st group phase.. better then expected

Can we do better next year? I will sure try!
    Last edited by viiralx; 01-11-2011 at 16:28.

Part-Timer

First 2013 pre-season friendly.. of to a flyer!

Part-Timer

viiralx - Very unlucky to miss out on making the second phase but still a good showing in the league. Fingers crossed that you'll be able to get further next season.

I'll have my first season finished tonight & a summary should be up tomorrow.

Part-Timer

In some matches.. i feel like i'm cursed.

Also i have to start selling my top earners.. my balance is in red and wage is restricted.. It looks like I have to count on the youth by the time i reach Serie C start.

--

oh shii fielded 3 17 year olds, 1 16 year old and only 4 over 20 against the best team this year.

Last edited by viiralx; 28-10-2011 at 14:13.

Part-Timer

:: 1st Half Season Report 2013 :: Campeonato Maranhense ::

Manager :: Home - Information - Profile - Achievements - History -- Team :: Squad - Squad Depth - Tactic - Profile - Transfers - Fixtures

:: Youth Signings ::
    2nd place.. the 1st place team just went on a roll. only team that beat them was me :\

Part-Timer

So after selling all the high paying players.. (most of the elders of my team) iv left with the youth team iv built.

Serie C will be interesting :P

Part-Timer

Could be a rather interesting season with such a young squad, but they've got room to grow and fulfill their potential for you.

Part-Timer

I flopped badly in Serie C after the first match.. got relegated.. so iv decided to end this save at end of season 2.

I might start the challenge again later.. but I want to try something new now.

Part-Timer

I flopped badly in Serie C after the first match.. got relegated.. so iv decided to end this save at end of season 2.

I might start the challenge again later.. but I want to try something new now.
    Shame that things didn't go too well for you. Relegation is never a good thing.

Hope you come back soon, otherwise it's just going to be me playing this challenge.

Part-Timer

Razer82: After some experimenting.. I cant seem to get into any other league.. I guess i'm doomed to always love Brazilian League :3

Holidaying for another try!

BTW: where is your update? :,)
    Last edited by viiralx; 29-10-2011 at 12:57.

Part-Timer

Razer82 – Comerical (PI) – Brazilian National Third Division - 2012

Piaui State Championship
    Runners Up
    Brazilian National Third Division2nd in Stage 2 Group A – Promoted
    Brazilian Cup1st Round – Los 2-0 to Criciuma

Top ScorerCristiano Alagoano (26)
    Top AssistsRenatinho – (17)

Team Stats
    Transfers

Although I started with a full squad, there was always going to be room for improvement & added squad depth. A number of my signings would go on to become key player throughout the season, especially Alagoano, Renatinho, Kaka (not “the” Kaka, bit too early for that one) & Caninde.

We were going into the Piaui State Championship as two time defending champions, so I was hopeful that the existing team would be able to keep up with history & the extra players would be a bonus to the team in securing a third state championship. We opened with a 3-3 draw with Flamengo (PI) and they would go onto be the only team that were able to take points from us in the entire competition.

Despite beating every other team in the state and scoring a record number of goals (55), Flamengo were the thorn in our side, taking a 2-0 win in our away game with them to secure the state championship for themselves by a single point. Although I was disappointed in a 2nd place finish, it still secured us another appearance in the Brazilian Cup for next season.

After a lengthy break it seemed that we’d carried our form into the Third Division as we opened with a 6-1 home win, this was followed up with a defeat and then 2 scoreless draws. Things were not looking good for us to grab one of the two places available to progress into Stage 2. Another win and 2 more draws saw us in a 3 way tie for 2nd place on 10 points but due to other factors we were sitting 4th. Our final game was against 2nd place Guarany, a 2-0 win saw us leapfrog them to secure progression at the last minute.

Third Division First Stage

The second phase was undoubtedly easier, we only struggled with a match against Fortaleza who handed us our only defeat in the second phase. After securing our 3rd win, our promotion was achieved, a 4th win in the final game made things safe but couldn’t get us into 1st place and earn us a shot at being crowned league champions.

Third Division Second Stage

The less said about the Brazilian Cup, the better as we fell victim to the lost a home by 2 goals rule and fell at the first hurdle.

Aims for next season are to avoid relegation from the Second Division whilst taking back the State Championship. These will be easier said than done due to the poor financial sate of the team.

Part-Timer

@Razer82: Congratz! Still holidaying.. i want to get Gama.

Part-Timer

Glad to see that you've got the team you were after viiralx.

My situation could be a lot better, life in Division 2 hasn't started well. We're yet to win in the first 6 games but our biggest problem is getting contracts re-signed.

Currently have 17 players due for new contracts but we're £2.5k over our wage budget & £500k in debt. If we somehow manage to avoid relegation it's going to be interesting trying to keep the squad together.

Youth Team

Love playing in the South American leagues but guys, how do you get through the games so fast? How do you play the games? I usually play a game or two a day (in real life) so my games tend to drag on quite a lot.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    Love playing in the South American leagues but guys, how do you get through the games so fast? How do you play the games? I usually play a game or two a day (in real life) so my games tend to drag on quite a lot.
    full speed with key highlights on.

Youth Team

I play every game on normal speed and extended highlights!

Part-Timer

Had to reduce it down to only commentary on this version. My laptop doesn't cope well with highlights anymore.

Youth Team

Ok, good luck with your respective challenges! I would have a go myself but it'd take me too long to get through the games and I'm already settled on a game currently.

Will def keep following your progress though.

Part-Timer

Haha.. I could not resist.. :3

Part-Timer

Free transfer regens from Africa

Part-Timer

First attempt has failed dismally. So I've used viiralx's save to come up with a new team.

Sampaio Correa

Profile - Squad - Finances.

Here's hoping things progress better in this save.

Part-Timer

Haha,, look at my 2nd goal.. the GK is not thinking at all.

Part-Timer

1st Half Season Report 2012

Manager Home - Profile - Information - History - Achivments

Team Profile - Squad - Fixtures - Transfers

Building a better future

A Legend to inspire them..

Group Phase 1

Total and utter DOMINATION

43 goals in 13 matchs .. oh the joy.. UNBEATEN

Group Phase 2

Well.. dare I say we dominated most of phase 2.. could have gone better tho.. still UNBEATEN

Final Leg1
    Final Leg 2

Guess what!? WE WON.. HAHA UNBEATEN TO THE END.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !! !!
    Last edited by viiralx; 02-11-2011 at 12:28.

Amateur

Welp I got my team. I am now taking over Cuiaba. I am not sure when I will get a good start on this. I have 3 Challenge saves going including this and am seeing which one I get into first.

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Going to give this a go for the first time. Started in Uruguay for a bit of a change (don't think I've ever had a save there). Only one team promoted so didnt have much choice but to go for....

Uruguay Montevideo

Here's my Manager Profile tried to make it authentic and give myself a Spanish sounding name.
    Lot of work to do with the Starting Squad. At least there's a lot of room to play about with the wage budget...........

Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 02-11-2011 at 12:13.

Part-Timer

ShyBaldBuddhist: Good luck!
    GoalieManPat121: Good luck!
    Last edited by viiralx; 02-11-2011 at 13:45.

Part-Timer

GoalieManPat121 - I hope that at some point you get into playing a South American save, there is always a wealth of talent to discover.

ShyBaldBuddhist - Welcome aboard! I was considering a trip into Uruguay myself when my first Brazil save went wrong so I'll be interested to see how you get on. Good luck.

viiralx - Nice domination of the state championship, hope things go as well when you start playing in the Third Division.

Part-Timer

Half way through 1st season and thought would give update.

Before anything had to get my backroom staff in order. Only had a physio and an assistant manager. Scout was first requirement so off to put the job advertisement in. Was only one decent choice when replies came back but messed up by pressing wrong button and delaying his appointment instead of confirming. Aded a few coaches and awaited a week for my scout.

So when I finally get my scout he brings his first reports (nice addition) and I had a few candidates to sign. By start of the season I have 13 new players and still well within budget. This is helped by the fact that none of the scouts I sign want contracts and are all amateurs doing it for the free.

Preseason was so so. I only use it to get fitness up to scratch. Then the big kick off. Get off to good start with 2 wins and 3 draws in first 5 games but then lose 4 of next 5. During a 2 week break thought it best to play the reserves and U-19's for fitness and morale and finished the half way stage with a win and a draw.

The league

Results so far

Current squad

So sitting 7th with 12 games to go. No way I'm getting automatic promotion but positions 3-10 get into the playoffs. If I can find myself a goalscorer I think I have a chance as the GK and defence are pretty strong. Two month break now so a chance to try and find some players to push on and secure the play off spot.

Part-Timer

ShyBaldBuddhist - Looking good so far for the first half of the season. A decent run in the second half and you should at least be able to secure a playoff place. Are the playoffs a straight knockout style or do you go into another mini-league?

Part-Timer

TBH I have no idea how the playoff's work. Don't remember it saying in the rules, pretty sure it just says 3-10 qualify. With it being 7 teams I imagine it's a mini league, unless one from top flight join to make it 8 and a straight knock out.

EDIT: just realised positions 3-10 is eight teams and I cant count.
    Last edited by ShyBaldBuddhist; 03-11-2011 at 08:15.

Part-Timer

2nd Half Season Report 2012

Manager Home - Profile - Information - History - Achivments

Team Profile - Squad - Fixtures

RANT TIME

I'm really annoyed right now.. Not only did we miss promotion by 1 point.. but cause of that 13 of my players who have been in the team from before i took over wants to leave.

So I have a dilemma.. 3rd times the charm? or continue and fail abysmally.. or try a new south american league?

I will see how the start goes.. 1 million in red >_>

Have to admit.. never had so much difficulty taking a team up before..

Iv done this annually with Juventude and Gama since FM07.

edit: iv decided to retire my manager. So now to decide to try a new team or try a new SA league.

Even after I sold the players who did not want to stay I was not allowed to pay wages for the new players i wanted to sign due to the red balance.

Last edited by viiralx; 03-11-2011 at 15:24.

Part-Timer

viiralx - That's tough to lose out on promotion by a single point. Hope that you find another team or another league that you're successful with.

Part-Timer

Unlucky viiralx hope you find a decent team/league to try again. I'd recommend Uruguay, just finished first season and found it quite entertaining. Top 10 involved in promotion one way or another so never feel your season is over. Will do an update soon

Part-Timer

Razer82: What irks me more then loosing to a single point is that my team played like champs all the way from state til the start of phase 2 of serie c then they decided we gonna play bad and then they all want to leave.

I was classed as a big overachiever in the season summary.

ShyBaldBuddhist: Interesting I might give it a shot.

Part-Timer

Season One Update

Squad
    Manager Profile

Heartbreak at the end of the season. Found a striker who could score goals during 2nd transfer window, finished with 8 in 14 starts, but still couldn't get promotion. Went on a good run at the end and won 4 of last 5 only losing to the league champions. Finished 3rd overall and entered the knockout playoffs. Played El Tanque Sisley who finished 10th but didn't like the draw. They hammered me during the regular season and the 2-1 and 3-2 defeats mask the real story. After first half of 1st leg I already knew I was staying in 2nd division, trailing 3-0 and played off the park. Pulled one back to keep it interesting and managed to win 1-0 in 2nd leg but couldn't find a 2nd goal.

Moving forward I'm quite confident the current squad, with one or two additions, can secure promotion next year.

Part-Timer

ShyBaldBuddhist: Aww.. almost.. Good effort.. best of luck with the next season.

Part-Timer

viiralx - The evil of a slump in form, I hate when that ruins a season. You saying that you had form all the way from the state championship into the start of the second phase doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm experiencing the same thing right now, eased through the state championship & won all 3 league games so far. I do hope that things don't go horribly wrong now.

SBB - Great season, well done on pushing for promotion. Hopefully you'll be able to go a few steps better next season and secure an automatic promotion place. I don't think I know of any other league in the world where the team finishing 10th still has a shot at promotion.

Part-Timer

Cheers guys. I'm quite confident we can do it next year. One thing I have only just realised with Uruguay though is they have no national cup. Shame really as nothing like a good cup run and playing some big teams to bring in some cash.

Part-Timer

I've decided managing in Uruguay is bloody awful

Finished season 2 but too angry to post a full account, mainly due to my cockiness and stupidity. In a nut I made the play offs again. Got to final then realised its after the date most of my first team squads contract expires. Was letting the contracts run down as didn't think were good enough for top flight, thought I was getting promoted and didn't want them on my wage bill. Down to bare bones for the 2 legged final and had no chance. Will give a full account with screenshots etc soon, probably tomorrow or Sunday.

To add to it all the missus keeps telling me to get off the computer as she needs to do Christmas shopping. I need a drink

Part-Timer

Starting in MLS before I head south to Brazil/Argentina at a later date. Will be running alongside two other SCtoBC challenges so updates may be spaced out abit.

Philadelphia Union

Manager Profile
    Last Season
    Club Info
    Squad

Squad has quite a few youth prospects with a few on GA contracts. Freddy Adu is only DA player so must of signed a new contract. May try and get him off DA if right players around. Overall team with players for the future and some room to make big changes when needed.

Got 1st 7th and 16th 1st round Draft picks so should be able to pick up some more youth prospects

Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 05-11-2011 at 18:39.

Part-Timer

SBB - Shame that season 2 didn't go as well as hoped. Will you be sticking with Uruguay for another season?

Welsh Wizard - Nice to have you aboard, look forward to the updates.

Part-Timer

Season Two Update

Preseason went well. Signed a new striker who I believed would be able to provide the goals to help me kick on. Also got a new attcking midfielder to help provide the chances. Both signings looked great and after a few modifications to the playing system they looked fantastic in the friendlies. Then disaster as the day before season starts the striker suffers 5 month injury lay off. The strikers I have in reserve aren't really suited to the new set up and I have to shuffle around a bit.

First half of season runs abit like last years. Defence holding up well but not scoring enough goals. So at half way stage with record of W3 D6 L3 we're sat in 9th position. Still believe I can push on towards automatic promotion as chances are being created but not being put away and my main man is due back soon. Few preseason games to get confidence flowing again and 2nd stage of season starts. 3 wins and draw from next 4 games really push us up the table before a couple of defeats puts a halt to the progress. 3 conesctutive wins put us in a great position and I believe if we can win last 3 games we will finish top 2 for automatic promotion. Although 2 of the 3 games are against tough opposition I believe we can win them all and make a decision to let contracts run down on a few players who are aging and not going to be up for the top flight challenge.

At this stage disaster strikes again and my midfield maestro gets injured. Have to play a more defensive player and the race up the table comes to a halt with 2 draws and a heavy 3-0 defeat in last few games to leave us 6th. 1st round of play off pitches us against Huracan del Paso. Was a tough draw as they won 3-0 last time we met due to me going a bit gung ho trying for the 3 points. Played a more defensive approach in both legs and both ties ended 0-0 before we clinched victory on penalties. 2nd round and we draw Atenas de San Carlos who finished 12 points behind us so felt confident and my midfielder returning to fitness - at half time we are 3-0 down. Couple of alterations and a quick goal pull us back to 3-2 before they get one in last minute to end 4-2. 2nd leg is at home and I'm sure we can win by 3 to claim victory but is 0-0 at half time. I give the lads a bit of an earbashing at half time and we score 2 in 10 2nd half minutes. No further goals put us through on away goals.

During all the pressure and excitement of the play offs forgot about the contracts expiring and by the time the final 1st leg is due I lose 7 first teamers. We are all down to the bare bones and I have to play numerous players out of position. As it all happens the day before the game so no time to bring in re-enforcements and we go down 2-1 at home in the first tie. Tried as hard as possible to get in some new faces before 2nd leg but was only 3 days later and no one signed leaving us with 3-1 defeat and another season in 2nd division. Absolutely gutted.

Manager Profile
    Whats left of the squad
    Fixtures pt1
    Fixtures pt2

Part-Timer

Yeah I'll be trying again Razer. Only problem is we're now £600k in debt and would be worse if hadn't received £250k from a sell on fee for a player. The board are happy with my financial control but we only bringing in a few hundred fans per game. Very difficult to raise funds as players are only valued at £50k for a top player in this division.

All the best Welsh Wizard, hope you can get Adu performing, seems to have been around longer than the FM series of games that lad.

viiralx hope you get a decent team and make it through this time.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post

All the best Welsh Wizard, hope you can get Adu performing, seems to have been around longer than the FM series of games that lad.
    Thanks. Yeah Adu seems to been around for ages but still only 22 hasn't really got anywhere near the hype and was a bit of a flop in Europe but think he should do well back in the MLS.

Good luck next season hopefully the finances get better or at least the board back you.

Part-Timer

Philadelphia Union
    1st Season Transfer Update

Transfers

Loads of movement in and out but happy with the dealings.

Djidjoho Tchomou - Young but looks a decent goalkeeper at this level. Scouts and Staff rate very high Will be starter most games.

Ike Opara - Was disapointed to see he was traded before I took over cost quite a few D.A to get back but a decent CB with a great future if he improves quick(Based on past forays in the MLS) and on a G.A contract so won't touch the wages

Marco Materazzi - Hopefully does not add to his name by drop kicking people but by the world class defending he can produce. Looks angry in the pic.

Max Tonetto - Getting on at 37 but still a decent LB hopefully his legs last the season as lack cover with FBs tbh.

Zargo Touré - Non-stop engine at CDM perfect for my tactic I hope. Only 22 and room to improve.

Shalrie Joseph - Like him in rl and a star of the MLS. Was wavied and was lucky to have 1st pick as sure anyone would of picked him up. Can play CB/CDM/CM so does give plenty of options.

Lucas Pusineri - Getting on and legs are going but hopefully his technical ability pulls him through likely back up for Becks.

David Beckham - Wanted a DP and seemed the perfect choice and would not cost too much but Le Toux signed a DP without me know he was in talks so had to wait to wavier him as can't swap DPs anymore. Plus couldn't find the buy 3rd DP button which I seen earlier. Always seem to get Beckham when in the MLS.

Graham Zusi - Was weak on the right side and seemed perfect on a free. Likely back up to Adu due to the plays we got in the draft.

Sébastien Grax - Replaced his compatriot Le Toux and looks better suit to what I want. Likely get a DP ST in the future if I get Becks/Adu on lower contracts or Becks leaves or I find the button to buy the 3rd DP slot. But Grax should do a decent job for now.

Main MLS Draft Signings

Andrew Dickinson - Was my 2nd Pick and 7th Overall. Has decent base attributes but will need to improve his mental if he is to make it. On a G.A contact so a risk worth taking.

Gary Von Steeg - Was my 3rd Pick and 16th Overall. Looks quite a decent player already and was weak Right side. Pushing to start but going with Adu at the start.

Brian Zimmerman Was my 1st Pick and 1st Overall. Straight in the starting line-up which made me swap a few players around. Staff/Scouts say will be a leading MLS player and will be better than Adu. Not on a G.A contract but £750 is quite good.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - You've made some good signings, hopefully they'll do well for you and take you from bottom to top of the league.

I know what you mean about Adu, does seem like he's been around forever. Wasn't he 14 when he first appeared in a game? I'm thinking it was FM05 but I'm not sure.

Part-Timer

Razer82 – Sampio Correa FC – Brazilian National Third Division – 2012

Maranhao State ChampionshipWinners!
    Brazilian National Third Division – Prediction 5th – Actual – Winners!
    Brazilian Cup – 1st Round – Lost 3-0 to Avai

Team Stats
    Transfers

Top ScorerFabio Fidelis / Orlando (15)
    Top AssistsMacicon (20)

The season started with a whole host of transfer activity with enough new players coming in to be able to field an entire new team.

With little time to get the team prepared with match fitness & tactical knowledge we were straight into the state championship. We dropped a couple of points early on and would spend most of the competition chasing down Bacabal. We would overtake them in the standings until the penultimate game, a 3-1 home win to put ourselves into a strong position to retain our State Championship. A final day 6-2 win wrapped it all up for another season.

During the state championship we would also play the first round of the Brazilian Cup and we fell foul of the losing a home leg by more than 2 goals rule. Avai taking away a 3-0 win but at least a little bit of prize money eased the pain.

We carried the good form from the state championship into the First Phase of the Third Division by winning our opening 3 games outscoring out opponents 13-2. This more or less guaranteed our progression but we wouldn’t sit back and wait for it to come, we carried on winning games and secured our progression with 3 games to go. Making us the first team into the Second Phase. No team in the group would be able to touch us and we finished by winning all 8 games and conceding just 3 goals.

Third Division First Phase

Into the Second Phase and form didn’t desert us, 3 more wins to open giving us one foot in the Second Division for next season. Needing a point at home to Americana to secure promotion we went on to suffer our first defeat of the season 2-0. Two draws would see us end the second phase topping the group and playing Caxias to be crowned league champions.

Third Division Second Phase

The Final would be played over two legs and starting at home would give us quite an advantage as we went on to secure a famous 4-0 victory. The away leg was a cagey affair with Caxias opening the scoring and eventually going onto win the game 2-1 but losing the final 5-2 on aggregate.

The wonderful team performance also won me Manager of the Year.

So a practically perfect first season, if we ignore the poor showing in the cup. Two league wins and a promotion, with all my players on long term contracts we should be able to field the same team next season. I just have to hope that the board don’t start selling players behind my back as we’re financially ruined at the moment, looking forward to larger attendances against bigger teams next season.

Aims for next season:-
    -Avoid relegation
    -Retain Maranhao State Championship
    -Bit of cup run would be nice.

Part-Timer

Razer82: Congrats!
    Last edited by viiralx; 06-11-2011 at 13:31.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Welsh Wizard - You've made some good signings, hopefully they'll do well for you and take you from bottom to top of the league.

I know what you mean about Adu, does seem like he's been around forever. Wasn't he 14 when he first appeared in a game? I'm thinking it was FM05 but I'm not sure.
    Think was 15 and on FM06 but might of been on 05 but I think he was on 06 at the very least. Been my best player so far in the league.

Think we lacking a player or two to reach the top but we will see.

Well done on being champions. Brazil likely my next destination if I finish in MLS. MLS can be confusing but Brazil looks even more so.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 06-11-2011 at 13:28.

Part-Timer

Razer82: Congrats!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Think was 15 and on FM06 but might of been on 05 but I think he was on 06 at the very least. Been my best player so far in the league.

Think we lacking a player or two to reach the top but we will see.

Well done on being champions. Brazil likely my next destination if I finish in MLS. MLS can be confusing but Brazil looks even more so.
    Thanks, seemed to be pretty much a perfect first season. Brazil is less confusing than it used to be now that they've simplified the Third Division. It used to be a case of 128 teams going for just 4 promotion places with about 3 different group stages. State championships are all different, so you'll just have check them out when you pick a team.

Part-Timer

Philadelphia Union - End of Season Update - 2012

League Table
    Play-offs
    MLS Cup Final
    Player Stats

US Cup Fixtures

US Cup Final

Great season winning the league by quite a margin and set highest points on the way. Season was very much like how Beckham preformed really kicked off in 2nd half of the season. Great cup run and ended up winning the final quite easy even with the red card.

Transfers

Squad

Added to the squad a few players after the transfer update. Main one not mentioned was Islam Ibrahim.
    The signing of Agbossoumonde gives the option of an all American CB partnership but do have a Canadian CB coming in which I hope does not count as an international or might find his way back out. Valdes is leaving and I think it was for 1st pick in the draft. Tonetto and Pusineri are retiring but have replacements on the way. Beckham is expiring but think I will sign him for another year but unsure atm.

Key Players

Gale Agbossoumonde

David Beckham
    Freddy Adu

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12    Major League Soccer          1st      US Cup Winners

Part-Timer

Good stuff Welsh Wizard and Razer.

Need to get my act together and get promotion this year. If I don't do it this year think I'll abandon Uruguay and give Brazil a go.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Great first season, one of the things I love about MLS is how easy it is to go from worst to best. Hope you're able to keep your squad together and have a good run at the NACL.

Part-Timer

Really struggling to motivate myself to rebuilding the sqaud for another year in 2nd division. Think I'm going to leave this save and try one of the other leagues. Was thinking Brazil at first but edging more towards Mexico as I've never managed there.

Youth Team

Great season Razer82, have you had any job offers after that season?

Part-Timer

Great season Razer82, have you had any job offers after that season?
    Nope, no job offers coming my way which leaves me to concentrate on keeping the team together for next season.

Part-Timer

Going to give this a go, havent managed in South America for quite some time.

Decided to go in Chile. Always had a soft spot for them ever since Zamorano and his anthem shouting

I am now the new manager of Deportes Temuco! Not to be confused with Union Temuco (who are owned by Marcelo Salas!)

The other link for me to Chile is that like many on these forums, i have an admiration for Bielsa and his approach to the game. I shall therefore be trying to create a lower league system which works, in the spirit of Bielsa (this is going to go badly wrong........)

Part-Timer

Razer82 – Sampio Correa FC – Brazilian National Second Division – 2013

Maranhao State ChampionshipWinners!
    Brazilian National Second Division – Media Prediction 20th – Actual – Winners!
    Brazilian Cup – 2nd Round – Lost 3-0 to Botafogo

Team Stats
    Transfers

Top ScorerSylvester Williams (27)
    Top AssistsMarco Aurelio / Thiago Miracema (13)

We didn't have a large amount of incoming players this season, my main focus was to keep the core of last season's team together & playing well.

This season’s state championship was more orless like last seasons. A case of business as usual with us managing tocomplete the entire competition unbeaten once again. Whilst we didn’t score asmany goals this year, only 43 but conceding just 5 goals made sure that nobodywas able to get past us this year. Being the only side in the state to actuallyplay league football does make things much easier.

Our cup adventure started away to Araguaina this season where we could only manage a 1-1 draw. A much better performance in the second leg saw us into the 2nd round for the first time by way of a 3-1 win.

The second round was not as easy, starting with a home game against Botafogo, the gap in quality to the first division showed as we were out played to the tune of 3-0 and no second leg to play again this season.

With a media prediction of 20th for the Second Division, I was sure that this season was going to be a struggle. I was gladly proven wrong very quickly, we opened the season with a 3-1 home win and the side never really looked back on the way to a league record 17 game unbeaten run.

This run meant that we were always sniffing around the promotion places in complete contrast to our predicted finish. A slight run of poor form would see us fall behind a couple of the stronger teams but we were still picking up points along the way as we amassed 15 draws throughout the year.

We picked our form up again towards the end of the season and with two games to go the only teams capable of winning the league were us and Goias whom we would play at home in the penultimate match. We stormed to a 2-0 win to catapult us to the top of the league with just one game to play. Our fate was then in our own hands, a point in the final game and we were champions. We had to come from behind in the final game to earn a 1-1 draw and secure our second consecutive league title.

Aims from last season:-
    -Avoid relegation – Clearly achieved this one.
    -Retain Maranhao State Championship – Easily retained.
    -Bit of cup run would be nice. – Wouldn’t call it a run as we only made one extra round.

Aims for next season:-
    -Avoid relegation
    -Make a profit
    -Sneak into a continental qualifying place – Top 13 sides in Brazil make it so it’s not out of the question.

Part-Timer

And go badly wrong it did........

Was reasonably happy with the squad standard on arrival, a full team and one or two with decent stats. Embarked on a recruitment drive and brought in a number of freebies and couple of signings for under £5K. Highest profile signing was Argie striker Fabian Caballero (once of Arsenal and Dundee!) and also a regen Togo winger recommended by an agent who looked a diamond prospect.

The tactical experiment was woeful and in our first 6 league games we managed 2 draws and 4 defeats. At this point i abandoned Bielsa and tried to bring in some scottish style to Chile. 442 we went to, an old fashioned winger on one side with a wide midfielder on the other, big man/small man up front.

Things improved a bit with 3 wins in a row at one point, but then we got inconsistent again. With 5 games remaining we were still Bottom (as we had been all season) and 2pts from safety and the board decided enough was enough and i got my books.........First time sacked since i think FM08!!

Going to give it another go in chile, holidaying again now (stupidly i didnt save a "master" game before the refresh date to allow for the contingency of being sacked and having to start again!)

Part-Timer

Shame that you were sacked Jambo, the first few seasons of these challenges can be difficult as you're building a solid squad.

If you do make a "master" save could you upload it so that I can add it to the opening post?

Part-Timer

Jambo 98 – Provincial Osorno S.A.D.P. – Chilean First Division B – 2012

Chilean First Division B (First Phase) – Prediction 4th - Actual - Winners!
    Chilean First Dvision B (Second Phase) – 4th
    Promotion Playoffs - Winners!
    Copa Chile - Quarter Finals

Top Scorer – Jonathan Miranda (26)
    Top Assists – Mariano Berriex (17)
    POTY - Mariano Berriex (20 goals plus 17 assists, Ave Rating 7.25)

Making a proper go of it in Chile, pre-season start with number of transfers in and out. South American scouting found me a very promising 20 year old Mexican CM who looked good enough for the first team as well as scouts rating as a 5 star prospect. Agent offers brought 2 futher promising youngsters from as far afield as Senegal and Guinea (good to see african regens are still crazy....). £5K was spent recruiting a 23yr old Argie who looked like he would become our main creative force (which he did - see above!). Finally a Chilean striker was brought in on loan from the top division to provide some pace up front. He turned out to be inspired..... A couple of other chileans came in to complete the squad (and keep me within the foriegn players limit!)

A 4 3 2 1 formation was implimented right from the first day of pre-season, and early friendly results were excellent, winning them all including beating a top division team. Early season form was great and after 8 games we had raced ahead at the top of our sub division by some 5 points. However a rocky period of 1 win in 5 drew us back into the pack, and down to second place by mid season. The second half of the season was inconsistent at times, but we still had enough in the tank to finish top of our sub division for the "first phase". The team was being very much driven by the goals of Miranda, who was only on a 6 month loan......fortunately his club renwed and i would have him for the rest of the season.

Into the second phase and again we started on fire, 6 games in we sat top and looking comfortable for promotion. Then followed a disasterous sequence of results, including 5 straight league defeats. This left us siting 4th, in the last playoff place, going into the last game of the season. Having failed to win any of our previous 7 games (including cup), it didnt look good. However we found our form at the right time and won 5 v 2 to send us into a 2 legged play off with Audax Italiano from the division above.

The first leg was at home, and we had a steady 2 nil win, no dramas. This had us down as slight favourites going into the second leg, but it was still an away match against a far bigger team. Sure enough at the end of 90mins we were 2 nil down........extra time it was. My players were on the last legs, we struggled through extra time and with 2mins to go i was looking at my last remaining sub and assessing the best penalty taker.....then, last kick of the ball of the season, and our sub AMC latched onto a through ball from MIranda, and slotted home! Promotion!

Bum squeaking stuff, but next season we will be playing top flight football in Chile.

Aims for next season

1) Hold onto loan striker, or find a replacement!
    2) Survive!

Amateur

Off to Argentina for me like so will post when holiday year is done

Amateur

If you're playing in the MLS do you have to play as the bottom club from either conference or whoever has the lowest points?

Semi Pro

viiralx I know you've started elsewhere but when I was going to do this challenge I wanted Santa Cruz (the big one) and tried 3 different saves of my own, plus your link and couldn't get them but I did get Gama from your link, I forgot all about posting it here though because the thread dropped right down and I went on to Gundo's challenge Here's the save if you still want it for a later date or something/ They kept coming too so it's odd why you didn't get them http://www.mediafire.com/?sq8dshcrvtl6k92

If anyone gets Santa Cruz (any year) will they be so kind as to upload it please as I had great saves with them on FM 09 and 10 when they were playable and would love to do it again, especially as I am sure they are debt free now.

If at any point I get them or Juventude i'll post on here as this will be my side project alongside the big Euro challenge

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by westothebpow View Post
    If you're playing in the MLS do you have to play as the bottom club from either conference or whoever has the lowest points?
    Yeah lowest points whoever is right at the bottom of the MLS.

Semi Pro

be doing this in Chile once my Russian save is over for the season

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

Please welcome the new manager of Tecamachalco!

Completed Dafuge and Gundo's Challenge, and tried Rancer's to no avail, so I'm giving this one a go. Aiming to complete them all in the time FM13 comes out.

Part-Timer

Tried to load up my save and can't so likely return at a later date and try my luck in Brazil.

Amateur

Im hoping that somebody can do me a massive favour. Can somebody upload a save game from a pc that is just the MLS loaded on large database on the required date. The reason that I ask is that I am playing on a mac and there are mac only problems with the MLS. The league doesn't reload for the second season and the MLS Draft doesn't work. So I am hoping that if somebody can upload a save from a PC it should run ok. I really don't mind who finishes bottom of the MLS although preferably not Chivas USA.

Hope somebody can help.

Part-Timer

Love this challenge...

Amateur

@Watson156: i think I can try to make a save for you.

Also, I'm thinking to take up this challenge. My first choice would have been Uruguay, but seeing that it's already used(and it would be boring to have two people with the same team), I'll go for Mexico or Chile.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Watson156 View Post
    Im hoping that somebody can do me a massive favour. Can somebody upload a save game from a pc that is just the MLS loaded on large database on the required date. The reason that I ask is that I am playing on a mac and there are mac only problems with the MLS. The league doesn't reload for the second season and the MLS Draft doesn't work. So I am hoping that if somebody can upload a save from a PC it should run ok. I really don't mind who finishes bottom of the MLS although preferably not Chivas USA.

Hope somebody can help.
    Simulating the league now. I'll edit this post as soon as it finishes with a Mediafire link for downloading.

LE: Done, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?m52dx5j0g33ygut
    Last edited by Ratonbox; 31-01-2012 at 19:24.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ratonbox View Post
    Simulating the league now. I'll edit this post as soon as it finishes with a Mediafire link for downloading.

LE: Done, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?m52dx5j0g33ygut
    Thanks a lot mate. You are a legend.

Maybe Razer would like to add this to the opening post as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast