FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is simple to win every continents version of the Champions League meaning the following competitions must be won to complete the challenge.

1. European Champion League

2. Asian Champions League

3. African Champions League

4. Copa Libertadores

5. North American Champions League

6. OFC Champions League

Number 6 is optional to compete in this you will need to download one league from Oceania. The most popular one is New Zealand which I have tried creating but have been getting the occasional crash dump and I do not want to release something that is not guaranteed to work perfectly. The basic idea of this challenge is to have fun so the following non-restrictive rules are set.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278506-Big-Editor-Project-for-FM12-Career-Game-Starter-Pack

The above thread is well worth checking out as it can add another dimension to the game including New Zealand and a few other Oceanic leagues.

1. Do not use FMRTE or Genie Scout, this is impossible for people to tell if another has used it but cheating to complete a challenge is not playing fair.

2. You can complete each continent in any order you wish.

3. You must start unemployed or like many other challenges you can holiday for one year and take charge of a previously unplayable team or if a country has at least three levels you can take charge of any team in the lowest playable league within that country.

4. You must start with Sunday League or semi-pro reputation not automatic.

Options

1. You can have attribute masking turned on or off.

2. you can load as many leagues as you want from anywhere.

3. Custom leagues are encouraged.

4. Updates on your save are encouraged.

5. Tactical help and player naming is allowed in this thread.

6. Why not start a career forum thread to chart your success or lack of it?

7. Any custom leagues you create or find on line that you feel can improve the game for anyone please link us to or upload so I can include a link in here.

Africa

Africa has the least playable leagues in the default continents. I am currently working on improving this to include a few more leagues and will post them in here once they are created.

The main thing about this challenge is to try and bring some fun to FM, I am hoping the thread can be more of a success than last time round. The add/remove leagues should and hopefully will encourage more people to try out this challenge. I have completed this on the last two FM's and this will be my main save for FM12.

Good luck people.

Created Leagues

This had recently been posted in the Editors forum. When adding leagues you plan to active later in the game make sure that the editor file for the league is ticked before you choose the leagues you want to start with. If the xml file is not ticked you will not be able to add the leagues later in game.

Hall of Fame

Will simply be a list of all people who have completed the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see this is back for another year AcidBurn. I will be having a go at it again and am determined to complete it this year after failing to over the last couple of years.

I am hoping for a bit more success than last year as I find this save great fun. I have also found a New Zealand file in the editors forum so I will link to it in the OP and I can get started myself next week.

i'm sort of trying this with my journeyman career. I have enough leagues loaded to complete it. I'll just see where my career takes me. I'll be watching this thread with interest though :)

Keep us updated on your progress dude. I love this type of save so will be posting some updates soon.

This is something i am going to have a crack at. Tried something similar with FM11 but due to my then ageing 7 year old PC i was only able to run one league from each confederation. New PC + the add/remove league feature means i can give it a good crack.

Might have a go ill load some more leagues after/if I finally complete gundo's

That's the best thing about this challenge, now that the add/remove league feature is in FM it means more people can attempt a save like this.

This is kinda a mini challenge of mine to see if I can win all the Champions Leagues around the world, although obviously it will be impossible to win the OFC Champions League...

I think we're treating this the same way. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress over at the career forum. Good luck

This is kinda a mini challenge of mine to see if I can win all the Champions Leagues around the world, although obviously it will be impossible to win the OFC Champions League...

OFC Champions League is optional. The thread linked in the OP has New Zealand but obviously people who have already started their game will not be able to use it.

You should pop in here once in awhile and let us know when you win a Champions League trophy, you even get your name written in bold in the OP if you complete the challenge, can you imagine the glory of that?

OFC Champions League is optional. The thread linked in the OP has New Zealand but obviously people who have already started their game will not be able to use it.

You should pop in here once in awhile and let us know when you win a Champions League trophy, you even get your name written in bold in the OP if you complete the challenge, can you imagine the glory of that?

A chance to be immortalized like that, with my name written in bold in the OP of one of the hardest challenges in the CSE Forum? I'm in. :cool:

I'm sort-of coincidentally attempting this challenge (i.e. thought of attempting it before seeing the thread). I don't download other leagues as a general rule, so won't be attempting the OFC Champions League, but have begun in Africa after being offered the Dynamos FC job.

I'm sort-of coincidentally attempting this challenge (i.e. thought of attempting it before seeing the thread). I don't download other leagues as a general rule, so won't be attempting the OFC Champions League, but have begun in Africa after being offered the Dynamos FC job.

Cool, feel free to post in here and keep us updated on how you are getting on. What leagues did you start with?

If/After i complete dafuges challenge, can i then continue with that save (Obviously having one won the champions league with Bury Town) and add another league and try a different champions league?

Yes, that is what I am hoping will happen. Due to not many rules in this challenge hopefully people will continue on from other saves/challenges into this one.

Started with Argentina 1st and 2nd, Brazil 1st and 2nd, Chile 1st, England to Blue Square Premier, French top 3, German top 2, Holland to Jupiler, Italy to Serie B, Portugal to 2nd, Russia to 1st, South Africa to 1st, Spain to Adelante, Turkey to 1st Division and MLS. Also started with the top divisions of Australia, China, South Korea, Mexico, Colombia and Uruguay, but have switched those off after getting my first job to help with processing time.

So far,I've managed promotion from the South African 1st division at the second attempt, and will finish in a safe mid-table position. I'm also in the Semi-final of the South African FA Cup. Winning it would mean qualifying for the African Confederation Cup, their equivalent of Europa League.

I'm actually finding it really difficult due to the work permit rules. Managed to sign 2 foreign players so far, attempted about 40.

Started unemployed, landed a job in the Indonesian 3rd tier.

Shouldn't be too long before I win all 5 continental trophies :)

Indonesian 3rd tier well done that is just about the most obscure place I have seen someone start this challenge in.

Does the O-League work in the New Zealand in that link in the OP ?

If so then I will definitely be giving this a go, might forget to post about it here though because I dont post much on here, and its years since I came into CSE :O

Started off with the Mpamalunga Black Aces in the South African National First Division. Also loaded Australia, China, and South Korea. Won promotion to the Premier Soccer League at first attempt, and have since finished 11th and 2nd (with a media prediction of 14th) respectively. I then applied for the Orlando Pirates job (who had finished 4th, but have a much larger fanbase and reputation) only to be laughed off, so I'm sticking with the Black Aces for now. This is the first season I've really been able to get my wage bill under control, partly due to being asked to cut it each year, along with difficulty in selling players and my desire to win.

When I've finished making all of the leagues which I want to make I'll be back in this thread to play along I think.

If anyone wants to take a gander at my thread in the Editor's Hideaway it contains many custom leagues which are intended for just this kind of a save...

/shameless self-promotion. :p

When I've finished making all of the leagues which I want to make I'll be back in this thread to play along I think.

If anyone wants to take a gander at my thread in the Editor's Hideaway it contains many custom leagues which are intended for just this kind of a save...

/shameless self-promotion. :p

Your shameless self promotion has been added to the OP lol. The thread is full of leagues that suit this game perfectly and I will be starting my proper save once I can get as many leagues as possible for my game.

I'm currently in January 2015. I managed to lead Dynamos to 12th in the league and the FA Cup final, which unfortunately I lost 5-1 due to my own stupidity. For anyone else attempting this in South Africa, a word of warning. Many players' contracts end just before the final. When it came around to the game, my goalkeeper had been injured, 3 players who weren't quite good enough to push on in the league but were decent backups had left due to their contracts expiring, and I'd had 2 players on yellow cards prior to the final league game; both picked up another yellow and were suspended for the final. :(

At the end of the season, the Orlando Pirates job came up and I applied. The news item said I had almost no chance of getting the job, the chairman apparently laughed and said they'd get by fine without me, and the Dynamos board threatened me with the sack unless I apologised. I did apologise, started focusing on who to bring in during the summer, and then I was actually offered the Orlando Pirates job. :/

I'm now in my first season, and it hasn't gone too well, due to our best 3 players' contracts all expiring at the end of the season and none of them wanted to renew. Rather than lose them for free, I decided to simply cash in and move on straight away. Despite losing them, I'm 2nd in the league with 40 points after 18 games. Doesn't seem to be much chance of winning the league this season though:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2308/southafricanpremierleagps.jpg

Most of my players are still quite young though, so I'm hoping they'll improve enough to manage it next year.

Your shameless self promotion has been added to the OP lol. The thread is full of leagues that suit this game perfectly and I will be starting my proper save once I can get as many leagues as possible for my game.

Cheers mate. I hope that my New Zealand league does you right on your save, and I'll be back to play along soon...

I'm currently in January 2015. I managed to lead Dynamos to 12th in the league and the FA Cup final, which unfortunately I lost 5-1 due to my own stupidity. For anyone else attempting this in South Africa, a word of warning. Many players' contracts end just before the final. When it came around to the game, my goalkeeper had been injured, 3 players who weren't quite good enough to push on in the league but were decent backups had left due to their contracts expiring, and I'd had 2 players on yellow cards prior to the final league game; both picked up another yellow and were suspended for the final. :(

At the end of the season, the Orlando Pirates job came up and I applied. The news item said I had almost no chance of getting the job, the chairman apparently laughed and said they'd get by fine without me, and the Dynamos board threatened me with the sack unless I apologised. I did apologise, started focusing on who to bring in during the summer, and then I was actually offered the Orlando Pirates job. :/

I'm now in my first season, and it hasn't gone too well, due to our best 3 players' contracts all expiring at the end of the season and none of them wanted to renew. Rather than lose them for free, I decided to simply cash in and move on straight away. Despite losing them, I'm 2nd in the league with 40 points after 18 games. Doesn't seem to be much chance of winning the league this season though:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2308/southafricanpremierleagps.jpg

Most of my players are still quite young though, so I'm hoping they'll improve enough to manage it next year.

Kaizer chiefs are a bit good aren't they. Orlando Pirates give you a much better base to mount a title challenge from than your last side, good luck dude.

Finished 2nd, but at least I finished with a better goal difference than Kaizer Chiefs. Also made sure they didn't finish the season unbeaten by hammering them 4-1 at their own ground.

I've added a better right-winger for the upcoming season, and I'm hoping to improve my star 17 year old striker's technique, so he'll be even more of a beast than he already is!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4241/collennxumalo.jpg

Finished 2nd, but at least I finished with a better goal difference than Kaizer Chiefs. Also made sure they didn't finish the season unbeaten by hammering them 4-1 at their own ground.

I've added a better right-winger for the upcoming season, and I'm hoping to improve my star 17 year old striker's technique, so he'll be even more of a beast than he already is!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4241/collennxumalo.jpg

What a great player especially for 17 could be a decent offer for him in a couple of seasons, anyone sniffing around him at the moment?

What a great player especially for 17 could be a decent offer for him in a couple of seasons, anyone sniffing around him at the moment?

Had minor interest from Juventus and Aachen, but no actual bids as of yet. I have him tied down for another 5 years though, but with a minimum fee clause of £10m for foreign clubs.

Just over halfway through my current season, and I'm 6 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs (and Dynamos, who have got considerably better after I left). I've also won the Knockout Cup and Super 8 Cup, so on course for a domestic quadruple!

It has helped that the Chiefs sold their goalkeeper to HSV for £6m and there's a lack of decent South African goalkeepers, so they haven't been able to replace him very well. Their star midfielder is leaving on a free at the end of the current season too.

Just over halfway through my current season, and I'm 6 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs (and Dynamos, who have got considerably better after I left). I've also won the Knockout Cup and Super 8 Cup, so on course for a domestic quadruple!

It has helped that the Chiefs sold their goalkeeper to HSV for £6m and there's a lack of decent South African goalkeepers, so they haven't been able to replace him very well. Their star midfielder is leaving on a free at the end of the current season too.

Sounds like a good game you have going. I started again as Peterhead for this challenge in the Scottish 3rd Division.

Stage one is complete, won the league and finished 15 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs this season. I also won all 3 domestic cup competitions, although only the FA Cup appears to count for anything.

Preparing for next season, 3 of my key players' contracts expire in a year's time and none of them are interested in signing a new one, according to their agent. It seems a bit odd though; told one in a meeting that if he didn't sign a new contract, then I was considering placing him on the transfer list. He now has "Unhappines Reason: Doesn't want to leave the club" displaying in his profile, but still won't discuss a new contract. :/

Have won the European Champions League with Arsenal and the Copa Libertadores with Sao Paulo - so 2 down, 3 to go.

Nice one, well ahead of most people trying this challenge.

I got Peterhead promoted from Scottish 3rd but the 2nd was too hard so I left for Torquay who are rubbish but will hopefully provide a good stepping stone for me.

Excellent start Azeryk. Did you win them at the first attempt? In my FM10 save, I lost in the final 3 years running with Koln before finally winning it!

*Actually never mind, just read through your thread in the careers update forum. May actually get round to starting one myself tbh.

Definitely hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment. I'm still in the summer transfer window after winning the league, and as well the 3 players refusing to sign contracts, I also have 2 other players including Nxumalo who are all unhappy and want to leave for bigger clubs.

It's also just dawned on me that the contracts of those 3 players expire in June, and the Champions League runs from January to November, meaning they'll leave halfway through my campaign. :(

Excellent start Azeryk. Did you win them at the first attempt? In my FM10 save, I lost in the final 3 years running with Koln before finally winning it!

*Actually never mind, just read through your thread in the careers update forum. May actually get round to starting one myself tbh.

Definitely hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment. I'm still in the summer transfer window after winning the league, and as well the 3 players refusing to sign contracts, I also have 2 other players including Nxumalo who are all unhappy and want to leave for bigger clubs.

It's also just dawned on me that the contracts of those 3 players expire in June, and the Champions League runs from January to November, meaning they'll leave halfway through my campaign. :(

Thanks - I've been quite lucky so far and expect to hit a brick wall at any time :)

I've been doing this challenge too. I'm currently in 2017, here's my story so far:

Started in New Caledonia with a club called Thio Sport. I finished an unremarkable 5th in my first season, after joining half-way through the campaign. I won the title in my 2nd season, granting me access to the O-League the following year. I was unlucky in my first O-League adventure, failing to qualify from the group due to conceding two very late equalisers in games I was dominating. I did however, win the domestic league again so I could have another go next year. At this point, my club reputation had risen enough for me to be able to attract foreign players, in particular, Brazilians. Because it's an amateur league, I signed an entire new squad of of these SuperBrazilians without spending a penny in wages or transfers, making us, by an absolute mile the best team in Oceana. I dominated domestically and continentally, winning the league at a canter and beating Auckland City 5-1 in the O-League final. 1 down, 5 to go.

I resigned, and was soon offered the job at Power FC in the Ghanaian Premiership. Predicted 15th out of 16, I finished 7th in my first and only season. I resigned because they don't have a badge in-game and it was annoying me :lol:

I did this challenge last year, starting with Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After about 8 years I qualified for the African CL. I spent the next 6 or 7 years being knocked out at various stages by the Egyptian team Zamalek. Finally, after about 15 seasons, I gained revenge by beating Zamalek in the final. Since then I've held a quite rational hatred of them, so took the opportunity on FM12 to move to Egypt and renew our rivalry.

In 2016, I took over at Baladiyat El-Mahalla in the Egyptian 2nd division lower, winning promotion to the top tier at my first attempt.

Then, at the start of the current season, I was poached by the reigning champions Al-Ahli. I knew they were the perfect club for me when I checked their information and discovered that Zamalek were listed as fierce rivals :D

One thing I've noticed so far is that my reputation is rising a lot faster than it did on FM11. Last year I struggled to find new jobs even after winning African/Asian Champions Leagues, a Club World Cup, and a plethora of domestic leagues and cups. This year however, I already have Continental reputation after winning just 3 New Caledonian league titles, the O-League, and the Egyptian 2nd division. It seems they've gone a bit too far in the other direction to me.

I've just started this as Auckland City in New Zealand, I wanted to start off the lowest possible and work my way up.

I'll provide a full update after the first season has ended.

EDIT: Just noticed you have to start unemployed so i wont enter this challenge.

Cheers

Archived