+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

First Team Squad Member

Default FM12 - Continental Dominance - Can you win them all?

The Aim

The aim of this challenge is simple to win every continents version of the Champions League meaning the following competitions must be won to complete the challenge.

1. European Champion League
    2. Asian Champions League
    3. African Champions League
    4. Copa Libertadores
    5. North American Champions League
    6. OFC Champions League

Number 6 is optional to compete in this you will need to download one league from Oceania. The most popular one is New Zealand which I have tried creating but have been getting the occasional crash dump and I do not want to release something that is not guaranteed to work perfectly. The basic idea of this challenge is to have fun so the following non-restrictive rules are set.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...e-Starter-Pack

The above thread is well worth checking out as it can add another dimension to the game including New Zealand and a few other Oceanic leagues.

1. Do not use FMRTE or Genie Scout, this is impossible for people to tell if another has used it but cheating to complete a challenge is not playing fair.
    2. You can complete each continent in any order you wish.
    3. You must start unemployed or like many other challenges you can holiday for one year and take charge of a previously unplayable team or if a country has at least three levels you can take charge of any team in the lowest playable league within that country.
    4. You must start with Sunday League or semi-pro reputation not automatic.

Options

1. You can have attribute masking turned on or off.
    2. you can load as many leagues as you want from anywhere.
    3. Custom leagues are encouraged.
    4. Updates on your save are encouraged.
    5. Tactical help and player naming is allowed in this thread.
    6. Why not start a career forum thread to chart your success or lack of it?
    7. Any custom leagues you create or find on line that you feel can improve the game for anyone please link us to or upload so I can include a link in here.

Africa

Africa has the least playable leagues in the default continents. I am currently working on improving this to include a few more leagues and will post them in here once they are created.

The main thing about this challenge is to try and bring some fun to FM, I am hoping the thread can be more of a success than last time round. The add/remove leagues should and hopefully will encourage more people to try out this challenge. I have completed this on the last two FM's and this will be my main save for FM12.

Good luck people.

Created Leagues

This had recently been posted in the Editors forum. When adding leagues you plan to active later in the game make sure that the editor file for the league is ticked before you choose the leagues you want to start with. If the xml file is not ticked you will not be able to add the leagues later in game.

Hall of Fame

Will simply be a list of all people who have completed the challenge.
    Last edited by AcidBurn; 10-11-2011 at 16:32.

First Team Squad Member

Decided to restart this thread due to a couple of people posting in the FM11 one.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Good to see this is back for another year AcidBurn. I will be having a go at it again and am determined to complete it this year after failing to over the last couple of years.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    Good to see this is back for another year AcidBurn. I will be having a go at it again and am determined to complete it this year after failing to over the last couple of years.
    I am hoping for a bit more success than last year as I find this save great fun. I have also found a New Zealand file in the editors forum so I will link to it in the OP and I can get started myself next week.

Amateur

i'm sort of trying this with my journeyman career. I have enough leagues loaded to complete it. I'll just see where my career takes me. I'll be watching this thread with interest though

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbird93 View Post
    i'm sort of trying this with my journeyman career. I have enough leagues loaded to complete it. I'll just see where my career takes me. I'll be watching this thread with interest though
    Keep us updated on your progress dude. I love this type of save so will be posting some updates soon.

International Star Player

This is something i am going to have a crack at. Tried something similar with FM11 but due to my then ageing 7 year old PC i was only able to run one league from each confederation. New PC + the add/remove league feature means i can give it a good crack.
    Last edited by batch; 30-10-2011 at 12:55.

Amateur

Might have a go ill load some more leagues after/if I finally complete gundo's

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThfcJoe View Post
    Might have a go ill load some more leagues after/if I finally complete gundo's
    That's the best thing about this challenge, now that the add/remove league feature is in FM it means more people can attempt a save like this.

Amateur

My first season is complete. Missed out on the playoffs in Bulgaria on the last day. My full update is in the career forum

Reserves

This is kinda a mini challenge of mine to see if I can win all the Champions Leagues around the world, although obviously it will be impossible to win the OFC Champions League...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    This is kinda a mini challenge of mine to see if I can win all the Champions Leagues around the world, although obviously it will be impossible to win the OFC Champions League...
    I think we're treating this the same way. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress over at the career forum. Good luck

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    OFC Champions League is optional. The thread linked in the OP has New Zealand but obviously people who have already started their game will not be able to use it.

You should pop in here once in awhile and let us know when you win a Champions League trophy, you even get your name written in bold in the OP if you complete the challenge, can you imagine the glory of that?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    OFC Champions League is optional. The thread linked in the OP has New Zealand but obviously people who have already started their game will not be able to use it.

You should pop in here once in awhile and let us know when you win a Champions League trophy, you even get your name written in bold in the OP if you complete the challenge, can you imagine the glory of that?
    A chance to be immortalized like that, with my name written in bold in the OP of one of the hardest challenges in the CSE Forum? I'm in.

Reserves

I'm sort-of coincidentally attempting this challenge (i.e. thought of attempting it before seeing the thread). I don't download other leagues as a general rule, so won't be attempting the OFC Champions League, but have begun in Africa after being offered the Dynamos FC job.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I'm sort-of coincidentally attempting this challenge (i.e. thought of attempting it before seeing the thread). I don't download other leagues as a general rule, so won't be attempting the OFC Champions League, but have begun in Africa after being offered the Dynamos FC job.
    Cool, feel free to post in here and keep us updated on how you are getting on. What leagues did you start with?

Part-Timer

If/After i complete dafuges challenge, can i then continue with that save (Obviously having one won the champions league with Bury Town) and add another league and try a different champions league?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    If/After i complete dafuges challenge, can i then continue with that save (Obviously having one won the champions league with Bury Town) and add another league and try a different champions league?
    Yes, that is what I am hoping will happen. Due to not many rules in this challenge hopefully people will continue on from other saves/challenges into this one.

Reserves

Started with Argentina 1st and 2nd, Brazil 1st and 2nd, Chile 1st, England to Blue Square Premier, French top 3, German top 2, Holland to Jupiler, Italy to Serie B, Portugal to 2nd, Russia to 1st, South Africa to 1st, Spain to Adelante, Turkey to 1st Division and MLS. Also started with the top divisions of Australia, China, South Korea, Mexico, Colombia and Uruguay, but have switched those off after getting my first job to help with processing time.

So far,I've managed promotion from the South African 1st division at the second attempt, and will finish in a safe mid-table position. I'm also in the Semi-final of the South African FA Cup. Winning it would mean qualifying for the African Confederation Cup, their equivalent of Europa League.

I'm actually finding it really difficult due to the work permit rules. Managed to sign 2 foreign players so far, attempted about 40.

Amateur

Started unemployed, landed a job in the Indonesian 3rd tier.

Shouldn't be too long before I win all 5 continental trophies

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrIgz View Post
    Started unemployed, landed a job in the Indonesian 3rd tier.

Shouldn't be too long before I win all 5 continental trophies
    Indonesian 3rd tier well done that is just about the most obscure place I have seen someone start this challenge in.

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Does the O-League work in the New Zealand in that link in the OP ?

If so then I will definitely be giving this a go, might forget to post about it here though because I dont post much on here, and its years since I came into CSE :O

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Where do I put those downloaded leagues ?

Sorted it, Egypt, New Zealand and Qatar.
    Last edited by MeLikeFM; 02-11-2011 at 19:35.

First Team Squad Member

Put them in documents> sports interactive >football manager 2012 > editor data

With New Zealand it should make the O-League active.

Amateur

Started off with the Mpamalunga Black Aces in the South African National First Division. Also loaded Australia, China, and South Korea. Won promotion to the Premier Soccer League at first attempt, and have since finished 11th and 2nd (with a media prediction of 14th) respectively. I then applied for the Orlando Pirates job (who had finished 4th, but have a much larger fanbase and reputation) only to be laughed off, so I'm sticking with the Black Aces for now. This is the first season I've really been able to get my wage bill under control, partly due to being asked to cut it each year, along with difficulty in selling players and my desire to win.

When I've finished making all of the leagues which I want to make I'll be back in this thread to play along I think.

If anyone wants to take a gander at my thread in the Editor's Hideaway it contains many custom leagues which are intended for just this kind of a save...

/shameless self-promotion.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    When I've finished making all of the leagues which I want to make I'll be back in this thread to play along I think.

If anyone wants to take a gander at my thread in the Editor's Hideaway it contains many custom leagues which are intended for just this kind of a save...

/shameless self-promotion.
    Your shameless self promotion has been added to the OP lol. The thread is full of leagues that suit this game perfectly and I will be starting my proper save once I can get as many leagues as possible for my game.

Reserves

I'm currently in January 2015. I managed to lead Dynamos to 12th in the league and the FA Cup final, which unfortunately I lost 5-1 due to my own stupidity. For anyone else attempting this in South Africa, a word of warning. Many players' contracts end just before the final. When it came around to the game, my goalkeeper had been injured, 3 players who weren't quite good enough to push on in the league but were decent backups had left due to their contracts expiring, and I'd had 2 players on yellow cards prior to the final league game; both picked up another yellow and were suspended for the final.

At the end of the season, the Orlando Pirates job came up and I applied. The news item said I had almost no chance of getting the job, the chairman apparently laughed and said they'd get by fine without me, and the Dynamos board threatened me with the sack unless I apologised. I did apologise, started focusing on who to bring in during the summer, and then I was actually offered the Orlando Pirates job. :/

I'm now in my first season, and it hasn't gone too well, due to our best 3 players' contracts all expiring at the end of the season and none of them wanted to renew. Rather than lose them for free, I decided to simply cash in and move on straight away. Despite losing them, I'm 2nd in the league with 40 points after 18 games. Doesn't seem to be much chance of winning the league this season though:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/230...mierleagps.jpg

Most of my players are still quite young though, so I'm hoping they'll improve enough to manage it next year.

Your shameless self promotion has been added to the OP lol. The thread is full of leagues that suit this game perfectly and I will be starting my proper save once I can get as many leagues as possible for my game.
    Cheers mate. I hope that my New Zealand league does you right on your save, and I'll be back to play along soon...

First Team Squad Member

I'm currently in January 2015. I managed to lead Dynamos to 12th in the league and the FA Cup final, which unfortunately I lost 5-1 due to my own stupidity. For anyone else attempting this in South Africa, a word of warning. Many players' contracts end just before the final. When it came around to the game, my goalkeeper had been injured, 3 players who weren't quite good enough to push on in the league but were decent backups had left due to their contracts expiring, and I'd had 2 players on yellow cards prior to the final league game; both picked up another yellow and were suspended for the final.

At the end of the season, the Orlando Pirates job came up and I applied. The news item said I had almost no chance of getting the job, the chairman apparently laughed and said they'd get by fine without me, and the Dynamos board threatened me with the sack unless I apologised. I did apologise, started focusing on who to bring in during the summer, and then I was actually offered the Orlando Pirates job. :/

I'm now in my first season, and it hasn't gone too well, due to our best 3 players' contracts all expiring at the end of the season and none of them wanted to renew. Rather than lose them for free, I decided to simply cash in and move on straight away. Despite losing them, I'm 2nd in the league with 40 points after 18 games. Doesn't seem to be much chance of winning the league this season though:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/230...mierleagps.jpg

Most of my players are still quite young though, so I'm hoping they'll improve enough to manage it next year.
    Kaizer chiefs are a bit good aren't they. Orlando Pirates give you a much better base to mount a title challenge from than your last side, good luck dude.

Reserves

I've left Santo Andre without winning the Copa Libertadores and moved over to DC United. Hopefully I'll win the CONCACAF Champions League trophy in MLS.

Amateur

Starting this challenge with Ceara, they gave me a job within 4 days of being unemployed, they are a team in need!

Reserves

Finished 2nd, but at least I finished with a better goal difference than Kaizer Chiefs. Also made sure they didn't finish the season unbeaten by hammering them 4-1 at their own ground.

I've added a better right-winger for the upcoming season, and I'm hoping to improve my star 17 year old striker's technique, so he'll be even more of a beast than he already is!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4241/collennxumalo.jpg

First Team Squad Member

Finished 2nd, but at least I finished with a better goal difference than Kaizer Chiefs. Also made sure they didn't finish the season unbeaten by hammering them 4-1 at their own ground.

I've added a better right-winger for the upcoming season, and I'm hoping to improve my star 17 year old striker's technique, so he'll be even more of a beast than he already is!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4241/collennxumalo.jpg
    What a great player especially for 17 could be a decent offer for him in a couple of seasons, anyone sniffing around him at the moment?

First Team Squad Member

I started properly today using Unknown Hackers Oceanic leagues I am managing AS Magenta in New Caledonia.

Reserves

What a great player especially for 17 could be a decent offer for him in a couple of seasons, anyone sniffing around him at the moment?
    Had minor interest from Juventus and Aachen, but no actual bids as of yet. I have him tied down for another 5 years though, but with a minimum fee clause of £10m for foreign clubs.

Amateur

Am looking to achieve this as part of my journeyman game, my updates can be read here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...mpions-Leagues

If anyone wants a(n even) bigger challenge I'm making the Arabic Champions League playable. Testing as we speak...

First Team Squad Member

If anyone wants a(n even) bigger challenge I'm making the Arabic Champions League playable. Testing as we speak...
    I would love to add Arabic and Caribbean competitions and start a new save.

Sorry for constantly plugging my files without partaking (that will change soon enough) but I have finished the two Champions League files which I was making.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...31#post7169031
    Last edited by Unknown Hacker; 12-11-2011 at 22:05. Reason: changed link

Reserves

Just over halfway through my current season, and I'm 6 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs (and Dynamos, who have got considerably better after I left). I've also won the Knockout Cup and Super 8 Cup, so on course for a domestic quadruple!

It has helped that the Chiefs sold their goalkeeper to HSV for £6m and there's a lack of decent South African goalkeepers, so they haven't been able to replace him very well. Their star midfielder is leaving on a free at the end of the current season too.

Reserves

Also I hope in future versions of the game, they can make it possible to add downloadable leagues to a current save. I wouldn't mind trying some of these, but hate starting new saves.

First Team Squad Member

Just over halfway through my current season, and I'm 6 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs (and Dynamos, who have got considerably better after I left). I've also won the Knockout Cup and Super 8 Cup, so on course for a domestic quadruple!

It has helped that the Chiefs sold their goalkeeper to HSV for £6m and there's a lack of decent South African goalkeepers, so they haven't been able to replace him very well. Their star midfielder is leaving on a free at the end of the current season too.
    Sounds like a good game you have going. I started again as Peterhead for this challenge in the Scottish 3rd Division.

Reserves

Stage one is complete, won the league and finished 15 points clear of Kaizer Chiefs this season. I also won all 3 domestic cup competitions, although only the FA Cup appears to count for anything.

Preparing for next season, 3 of my key players' contracts expire in a year's time and none of them are interested in signing a new one, according to their agent. It seems a bit odd though; told one in a meeting that if he didn't sign a new contract, then I was considering placing him on the transfer list. He now has "Unhappines Reason: Doesn't want to leave the club" displaying in his profile, but still won't discuss a new contract. :/

Amateur

Have won the European Champions League with Arsenal and the Copa Libertadores with Sao Paulo - so 2 down, 3 to go.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk` View Post
    Have won the European Champions League with Arsenal and the Copa Libertadores with Sao Paulo - so 2 down, 3 to go.
    Nice one, well ahead of most people trying this challenge.

I got Peterhead promoted from Scottish 3rd but the 2nd was too hard so I left for Torquay who are rubbish but will hopefully provide a good stepping stone for me.

Reserves

Excellent start Azeryk. Did you win them at the first attempt? In my FM10 save, I lost in the final 3 years running with Koln before finally winning it!
    *Actually never mind, just read through your thread in the careers update forum. May actually get round to starting one myself tbh.

Definitely hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment. I'm still in the summer transfer window after winning the league, and as well the 3 players refusing to sign contracts, I also have 2 other players including Nxumalo who are all unhappy and want to leave for bigger clubs.

It's also just dawned on me that the contracts of those 3 players expire in June, and the Champions League runs from January to November, meaning they'll leave halfway through my campaign.
    Last edited by Kain; 14-11-2011 at 22:15.

Amateur

Excellent start Azeryk. Did you win them at the first attempt? In my FM10 save, I lost in the final 3 years running with Koln before finally winning it!
    *Actually never mind, just read through your thread in the careers update forum. May actually get round to starting one myself tbh.

Definitely hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment. I'm still in the summer transfer window after winning the league, and as well the 3 players refusing to sign contracts, I also have 2 other players including Nxumalo who are all unhappy and want to leave for bigger clubs.

It's also just dawned on me that the contracts of those 3 players expire in June, and the Champions League runs from January to November, meaning they'll leave halfway through my campaign.
    Thanks - I've been quite lucky so far and expect to hit a brick wall at any time

Amateur

I've been doing this challenge too. I'm currently in 2017, here's my story so far:

Started in New Caledonia with a club called Thio Sport. I finished an unremarkable 5th in my first season, after joining half-way through the campaign. I won the title in my 2nd season, granting me access to the O-League the following year. I was unlucky in my first O-League adventure, failing to qualify from the group due to conceding two very late equalisers in games I was dominating. I did however, win the domestic league again so I could have another go next year. At this point, my club reputation had risen enough for me to be able to attract foreign players, in particular, Brazilians. Because it's an amateur league, I signed an entire new squad of of these SuperBrazilians without spending a penny in wages or transfers, making us, by an absolute mile the best team in Oceana. I dominated domestically and continentally, winning the league at a canter and beating Auckland City 5-1 in the O-League final. 1 down, 5 to go.

I resigned, and was soon offered the job at Power FC in the Ghanaian Premiership. Predicted 15th out of 16, I finished 7th in my first and only season. I resigned because they don't have a badge in-game and it was annoying me

I did this challenge last year, starting with Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After about 8 years I qualified for the African CL. I spent the next 6 or 7 years being knocked out at various stages by the Egyptian team Zamalek. Finally, after about 15 seasons, I gained revenge by beating Zamalek in the final. Since then I've held a quite rational hatred of them, so took the opportunity on FM12 to move to Egypt and renew our rivalry.

In 2016, I took over at Baladiyat El-Mahalla in the Egyptian 2nd division lower, winning promotion to the top tier at my first attempt.

Then, at the start of the current season, I was poached by the reigning champions Al-Ahli. I knew they were the perfect club for me when I checked their information and discovered that Zamalek were listed as fierce rivals

One thing I've noticed so far is that my reputation is rising a lot faster than it did on FM11. Last year I struggled to find new jobs even after winning African/Asian Champions Leagues, a Club World Cup, and a plethora of domestic leagues and cups. This year however, I already have Continental reputation after winning just 3 New Caledonian league titles, the O-League, and the Egyptian 2nd division. It seems they've gone a bit too far in the other direction to me.

Amateur

I've just started this as Auckland City in New Zealand, I wanted to start off the lowest possible and work my way up.

I'll provide a full update after the first season has ended.

EDIT: Just noticed you have to start unemployed so i wont enter this challenge.

Cheers
    Last edited by Carl0s; 16-11-2011 at 17:37.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grozny View Post
    I've been doing this challenge too. I'm currently in 2017, here's my story so far:

Started in New Caledonia with a club called Thio Sport. I finished an unremarkable 5th in my first season, after joining half-way through the campaign. I won the title in my 2nd season, granting me access to the O-League the following year. I was unlucky in my first O-League adventure, failing to qualify from the group due to conceding two very late equalisers in games I was dominating. I did however, win the domestic league again so I could have another go next year. At this point, my club reputation had risen enough for me to be able to attract foreign players, in particular, Brazilians. Because it's an amateur league, I signed an entire new squad of of these SuperBrazilians without spending a penny in wages or transfers, making us, by an absolute mile the best team in Oceana. I dominated domestically and continentally, winning the league at a canter and beating Auckland City 5-1 in the O-League final. 1 down, 5 to go.

I resigned, and was soon offered the job at Power FC in the Ghanaian Premiership. Predicted 15th out of 16, I finished 7th in my first and only season. I resigned because they don't have a badge in-game and it was annoying me

I did this challenge last year, starting with Winners Park in the South African 2nd division. After about 8 years I qualified for the African CL. I spent the next 6 or 7 years being knocked out at various stages by the Egyptian team Zamalek. Finally, after about 15 seasons, I gained revenge by beating Zamalek in the final. Since then I've held a quite rational hatred of them, so took the opportunity on FM12 to move to Egypt and renew our rivalry.

In 2016, I took over at Baladiyat El-Mahalla in the Egyptian 2nd division lower, winning promotion to the top tier at my first attempt.

Then, at the start of the current season, I was poached by the reigning champions Al-Ahli. I knew they were the perfect club for me when I checked their information and discovered that Zamalek were listed as fierce rivals

One thing I've noticed so far is that my reputation is rising a lot faster than it did on FM11. Last year I struggled to find new jobs even after winning African/Asian Champions Leagues, a Club World Cup, and a plethora of domestic leagues and cups. This year however, I already have Continental reputation after winning just 3 New Caledonian league titles, the O-League, and the Egyptian 2nd division. It seems they've gone a bit too far in the other direction to me.
    That's probably the best team to be in Africa so you should be able to bag the African Champions League within 2-3 seasons. Making some good progress, I went quite opposite to people in here and started in Europe I figure if I can get a rep in Europe I can have my pick of jobs around the world.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl0s View Post
    I've just started this as Auckland City in New Zealand, I wanted to start off the lowest possible and work my way up.

I'll provide a full update after the first season has ended.

EDIT: Just noticed you have to start unemployed so i wont enter this challenge.

Cheers
    To be honest I am not too bothered how people start. If you are having fun then I do not mind you posting your progress in here.

Amateur

Cheers AcidBurn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auckland City - New Zealand

1st Season:
    League - I finished 2nd in the League Table behind my arch rivals Waitakere United. In the play offs I got knocked out in the Semis against Team Wellington. As I came 2nd in the league, I also qualified for the O-League.

2nd Season:
    League - I finished top of the pile. I won the play off final 5-0 against YoungHeart.
    O- League - I won the O-League by beating the scum bags (Waitakere United). That was this part of the challenge done already. I decided to stay on for another season.

3rd Season
    League - I finished top of the pile again, beating YoungHeart in the play-off final 3-1.
    O-League - I won the O-League again beating the scum.
    Club World Championship - I had a play off game against Oakayama FC, I was 10-1 odds to win the game. No idea how, but I won 2-1!! I then had the Quarter final against Al- Ahiy, which was very close but unfortunately I was on the wrong side of a 2-1 result. I was happy with the team, shame I couldn't get to the Semis to face Barcelona though. I got 350k in the coffers for how far I got.

4th Season:
    League - I finished top of the pile, but unfortunately got beat in the Semi final of the play offs by YoungHeart.
    O-League - I got beat in the final by the scum 5-4 on Aggregate.
    Club World Championship - I got beat in the preliminary qualifying round 6-4 by Oaska FC

I've decided my time is now up at Auckland FC and could no longer take them any further. I won the O-League and the league twice each. The board would not budge on increasing my Scouting Pool. They wouldn't update any training facilities/Youth facilities either. In one season I turned over 2 million pounds, but due to my high wage bill (290k a year) I assume this is why they kept saying no. I've now been offered a job in the Ivory Coast Premier Divison with a team called SO Armee, which I gladly accepted. I hope to return to Auckland one day. I'll post screen shots tomorrow of the above seasons tomorrow, as I'm now off.
    Last edited by Carl0s; 18-11-2011 at 09:04.

Amateur

My plan is to complete the European side with FK Zemun of Serbia (you can track my progess in this thread and carry on by adding other countries around the world. Things are looking up!

First Team Squad Member

Cheers AcidBurn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auckland City - New Zealand

1st Season:
    League - I finished 2nd in the League Table behind my arch rivals Waitakere United. In the play offs I got knocked out in the Semis against Team Wellington. As I came 2nd in the league, I also qualified for the O-League.

2nd Season:
    League - I finished top of the pile. I won the play off final 5-0 against YoungHeart.
    O- League - I won the O-League by beating the scum bags (Waitakere United). That was this part of the challenge done already. I decided to stay on for another season.

3rd Season
    League - I finished top of the pile again, beating YoungHeart in the play-off final 3-1.
    O-League - I won the O-League again beating the scum.
    Club World Championship - I had a play off game against Oakayama FC, I was 10-1 odds to win the game. No idea how, but I won 2-1!! I then had the Quarter final against Al- Ahiy, which was very close but unfortunately I was on the wrong side of a 2-1 result. I was happy with the team, shame I couldn't get to the Semis to face Barcelona though. I got 350k in the coffers for how far I got.

4th Season:
    League - I finished top of the pile, but unfortunately got beat in the Semi final of the play offs by YoungHeart.
    O-League - I got beat in the final by the scum 5-4 on Aggregate.
    Club World Championship - I got beat in the preliminary qualifying round 6-4 by Oaska FC

I've decided my time is now up at Auckland FC and could no longer take them any further. I won the O-League and the league twice each. The board would not budge on increasing my Scouting Pool. They wouldn't update any training facilities/Youth facilities either. In one season I turned over 2 million pounds, but due to my high wage bill (290k a year) I assume this is why they kept saying no. I've now been offered a job in the Ivory Coast Premier Divison with a team called SO Armee, which I gladly accepted. I hope to return to Auckland one day. I'll post screen shots tomorrow of the above seasons tomorrow, as I'm now off.
    I love going into the Club World Championship with a New Zealand based side. Well done on completing the first part of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafino View Post
    My plan is to complete the European side with FK Zemun of Serbia (you can track my progess in this thread and carry on by adding other countries around the world. Things are looking up!
    Good luck dude will take some doing to win the Champions League with a Serbian team.

On holiday as we speak in Oceania. Good stuff, I told you I'd get around to it...

Amateur

Started this earlier today, in Oceania taking over at Kossa FC from Solomon Islands. Currently unbeaten in the first 6 league games only losing once. This is mostly down to me loading the Brazilian league from the start (where I want to go next) and actually being able to sign some Brazilians, all of whom are a lot better than anyone else in our league. It looks like I will be able to dominate domestically but I think it will be a big step up to try and win the O-League.

First Team Squad Member

On holiday as we speak in Oceania. Good stuff, I told you I'd get around to it...
    About time lol. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by skullage View Post
    Started this earlier today, in Oceania taking over at Kossa FC from Solomon Islands. Currently unbeaten in the first 6 league games only losing once. This is mostly down to me loading the Brazilian league from the start (where I want to go next) and actually being able to sign some Brazilians, all of whom are a lot better than anyone else in our league. It looks like I will be able to dominate domestically but I think it will be a big step up to try and win the O-League.
    That's what I used to do in New Zealand I had loads of Argentinians and Brazilians playing for me.

Season 1:

After holidaying for around a week I took over at Naha in the Solomon Islands, and had a horrible start and was rooted to the bottom of the league with one point from 6 games. But we went on a massive unbeaten run because I basically signed the entire Solomon Islands national team. If it wouldn't have been for the horrendous start and drawing two out of our last three games we would have won the league. I decided that I needed a new challenge and so I took over at a Fijian club called Nahi. They came fifth last year so it could be a big step up, I'm looking to bring a few Solomon Islanders with me if I can.

First Team Squad Member

Is it possible to sign Totori for a side in the Soloman Islands? His pace makes him deadly in the New Zealand league.

Is it possible to sign Totori for a side in the Soloman Islands? His pace makes him deadly in the New Zealand league.
    I don't know, I've just signed him for my side though. All details in the update below.

Season 2:

Started abysmally at Nahi and with no league points and a solitary win and draw in the cup to my name I decided to apply for the Hawkes Bay job. Ultimatum was issued and I resigned; this was ballsy but it worked and I got the Hawkes Bay job 2 weeks later. They had finished well adrift at the bottom last year but the honeymoon period after I took over meant that I was top 2 for most of the season. In the end I finished 3rd and I was completely cheated in the playoff semi-final against Auckland when they scored two smash and grab goals and a penalty, and I had two goals disallowed (wrongly).

To compound it all Auckland didn't even win in the final...

First Team Squad Member

Totori is my first signing everytime in New Zealand he scores for fun. At least Auckland didn't win lol.

Totori is my first signing everytime in New Zealand he scores for fun. At least Auckland didn't win lol.
    I got my revenge by stuffing them 6-0 and 4-0 this year. I still lost the title! Will post updates tomorrow as I'm utterly knackered.

Amateur

5th Season
    I finished 4th in the ivory coast premier league with SO Armee. I got sacked due to me spending over £1000 more than I should do on wages. My squad was ok, my striker was the reason for me being as high as 4th, but he was probably the reason i got sacked due to the amount of wages I paid him. If you see below, as you can see I will be alot happier with my new team!

6th Season
    I got offered the job at ASEC who finished 2nd in the ivory coast league. I got told I have 2.5mil to spend!!! I increased my scouting range and sent them all to south america. Since they finished 2nd last season I am in the African Champions League, my squad is quality and i should really clear up this season

Reserves

I've unfortunately had to let both of my central defenders go, but managed to get £3m combined plu sell-on clauses for both, which isn't too bad. The two players I've brought in aren't quite as good, but are both younger so I'm hoping they'll improve and get to the same standard.

On a better note, I've kept hold of Nxumelo who isn't unhappy at the moment either, and has just netted his 20th goal of the season. I'm only in mid-November!

Amateur

6th Season
    I finished 2nd in the league, I was top with 4 games to go but crumbled! I got knocked out of the champions league in the second qualifying round. I should have beaten the team easily. My team can't seem to grasp beating the so called 'easy teams'. Its something I'll need to address next season.

7th Season
    I think this season will be my last, whatever tactic I use with this team they just cant do anything and I seem to lose the simplest games.

I've been approached by el salvador to qualify for the world cup, I failed by losing 3 on the bounch, 2 games left and I couldnt qualify so i resigned. I then got offered the Iraq job, which I've taken.
    Last edited by Carl0s; 19-11-2011 at 22:44.

Amateur

Just an update before I go to bed. I won the Ivorian league by 3 points! I got to the group stages of the champions league as well. Ive played 3 and have 4 points at the moment. If I can pick up a couple of wins I think I can get in the semis! Which would be awesome. My team has finally clicked so I think I'll stay for a bit longer whatever happens.

On a side note, I qualified for the Asia cup with Iraq, I'm also starting the weff tournament soon, I think I'm the best team in it! I'll be leaving after the Asian cup tho

Amateur

I'm now in the final of the African Champions League . I am playing my Ivorian arch rivals though, they're team called Africa Sports. We both fight it out for the league every year. They usually have the upper hand though, so I hope I can get one over on them.

I resigned from Iraq due to the pool of players I had I couldn't even win friendlies against the likes of Jordan. I thought it'd be a waste of time going to a tournament with these players.

EDIT: I just beat African Sports in the League 1-0. I had 10 men for 60 minutes to. My star striker Lungelo Mkhwanazi is the one thats firing me to glory. Every game he bags one!
    Last edited by Carl0s; 20-11-2011 at 11:05.

First Team Squad Member

Good luck dude, let us know how you get on in the final.

Amateur

I won the champions league, winning 5-2 on aggregate!

It was easily done really. I'll post screenshots of the win, and also the Oceanic Champs League win to.

First Team Squad Member

Well played dude. Two down already!

Amateur

Auckland City - New Zealand League

League Wins - 2012/13 & 2013/14

O-League Wins - 2012/13 & 2013/14

ASEC - Ivory Coast League

League Win - 2017/18
    African Champions League - 2017/18

Hall of Fame

Manager Overview

Manager Achievements

I'm actually English nationality in RL, but I wanted the NZ job in the game, so I thought putting myself down as a New Zealander would help that. As you can see I have managed nations and another club side, but nothing worth shouting about with these teams. I got sacked by SO Armee & I failed with both Iraq & El Salvador.

I'm not sure whether to carry on with ASEC or move to another continent. I'll have a think about it, but I'd love another crack at the Club World Championship. I only made it to the Quarters with Auckland City.

If anyone wants anymore screenshots, shout up.
    Last edited by Carl0s; 20-11-2011 at 12:48.

Amateur

Club World Championship

Quarter Final vs Al-Ittihad

5th Place Play Off Draw Vs Auckland City

I thought I was back into it against Al-Ittihad but I got stung by a last minute goal. Look who I drew in the 5th Place Play off!

5th Place Play Off Result vs Auckland City

Nice to beat my old team. It was quite comfortable, they didn't have any clear chances.

I'm going to finish off the season, as I'm currently storming the league. I'll then move on. I fancy South America next but I'll take anything. Ill post again when I finish off the season.
    Last edited by Carl0s; 20-11-2011 at 13:24.

Reserves

AB, I'm back, hopefully . I would like to create a thread but until I've completed at least a season, I shall not create a thread.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    AB, I'm back, hopefully . I would like to create a thread but until I've completed at least a season, I shall not create a thread.
    Hope you can get into this save. Good luck dude.

Strange you should post I started my career with Peterhead and after getting them promoted to the Scottish 2nd Division I moved to Torquay. Less than a season later I moved to Crawley who were in the same division. I achieved back to back promotions but the Championship is hard work and Nottingham Forest who are 5th compared to my Crawley in 18th have accepted my application to become their manager so now I have to decide if I should move or not.

Reserves

There isn't any ruling on having key players and staff ticked is there? I know it's not in the OP but with the custom leagues, I feel it would be best to add it.

First Team Squad Member

No rule against it at all, I like people to set up their games how ever they choose.

Reserves

Do it . Nottingham Forest .

In my save, I've decided to start with the leagues loaded of;

Egypt
    Ghana
    South Korea
    Saudi Arabia
    England
    Bulgaria
    Denmark
    Italy
    Poland
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Spain
    Jamaica
    Fiji
    New Zealand
    Brazil

I've decided to cover all bases and I'm going for custom database with all players from the custom nations loaded which still only gives me 58k. That's enough for it not to be completely slow but to hopefully keep me interested and hopefully have a long-term save.

Reserves

So, my name is Des Morgan(Have a guess what two names I've used to come up with this?) and I've applied for all 121 vacancies that are available.

International Star Player

121 vacancies ? I take it when you add leagues like Fiji etc there are tons of clubs start with no managers ?

Going to finally try to get into this challenge at some point today. Not sure about adding extra unofficial leagues yet so i might have to give the OFC Championship a miss.

Reserves

Yeah, I've accepted a job with a team in the Saudi First Division which is the second tier out of three. I did start unemployed with Sunday League Rep so assume this is allowed. I've also been offered the Saudi Under 23s Job on the same days so haven't yet gone to the next day as I want to see if AB says I can accept that as well.

Reserves

2011-2012 Season

Contract Length & Wage: 1 year deal worth £1.2 a week
    Media Prediction: 3rd
    Saudi First Division Expectation: Promotion
    Saudi Crown Prince Cup Expectation: 4th Round
    Saudi Federation Cup Expectation: 3rd Round
    Budgets(Transfer/Wage): £125k/£3.5k Left
    Balance: £1,256,804
    National Team: Saudi Arabian Under 23s

My first job is in Saudi Arabia, fairly pleased with this and it's with a team that has pressure. I'm looking forward to getting promoted first season and then pushing on. If all goes to plan, I could be playing in Arab and Asian Champions League within four seasons.

Amateur

I won the Ivory Coast league again . It was quite easy this time, my team is becoming far superior and the Champions League win gave us some good cash. I started the next season as the Champions League drags into the next one, so I'm currently in the group stages of this. I'll leave once I get knocked out or if I win it. I'm going for a second one, wish me luck! I'm sure it'll do my job prospects good if I do retain it.

Amateur

I won the African Champions League again. I resigned the day after I won the title. I've just loaded up leagues from Asia, I decided I'll do South America later down the line. I've loaded Saudi Arabia, UAE, Austrailia & South Korea Leagues. I haven't got a job yet but will keep you updated.

I really want a job in Austrailia, I've never managed there before. Sydney FC manager is under pressure so I've got my fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Carl0s; 20-11-2011 at 19:46.

Amateur

Brazil have just come in for me, I don't mind using them as a 'stop gap' until I get another club job. I'm made up to be honest!!

Amateur

Finally got round to finishing off my first season with Kossa FC, won the Solomon Islands League by a few points. So my first continental adventure will be next season in the O-League, not sure if I can go all the way at the first attempt but this season Ba from Fiji won it so I might have a chance!

Amateur

Brazil have just come in for me, I don't mind using them as a 'stop gap' until I get another club job. I'm made up to be honest!!
    Brazil is a good place to manage in, although if you do well in all competitions you'll end up with 65-70 games per season.

Amateur

I'm managing the national team, not a team in Brazil. I'm saving the South American part of the challenge to last I think, as I don't fancy doing 70 games a season at the moment!

Amateur

Ooops, I miss-understood. I did Brazil second to get it out of the way, luckily I done it in two seasons so it wasn't too bad.

Amateur

Ok, well I started a world career save. I know I plan on going around the world so while it may take me over 100 seasons to finally finish this challenge, I will finally get around each continent but anyway. To start off with, I loaded the following leagues:

English (down to League 2), South Africa (both divisions - all other nations are all divisions), China, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Vanuatu, New Caledonia.

I had planned on starting in Oceania but after applying for all job vacancies, I actually got an offer in South Africa and as the club was professional unlike all the amateur clubs I had got offers for, I joined United FC, who were predicted 8th/16th. (I'm loading the Ivory Coast and Egypt leagues after this season as well). We had a simple run into the quarter final before we came up against Black Leopards, the Premier division side. We managed to win on penalties before drawing Golden Arrows in the semi final. It was nearly a dream come true as we held our own and the stats were even, if not slightly in our favour. It went to extra time, still at 0-0 before disaster struck when Maseko, our keeper, made a horrible mistake and sent the ball into his own net as we lost 1-0.

Well I didn't expect it to be so easy. I ripped up the league, winning 23 of 30 games, while drawing 3, finishing on 72 points, 4 ahead of next best Black Aces. Cedric De Wee dominated with 24 goals and 9 assists in 28 appearances, topping the league charts. Rapulane, our other striker managed 14 goals in 21 starts plus 8 sub appearances. Sekete was our best defender adding 11 goals from mostly corners. Lichaba played very well on the left wing, scoring 5 goals while making 13 assists. Quinton Fortune, one of only two signings played in the central of midfield and really created everything, making 18 assists to go with 1 goal in 25 matches. Fortune and Lichaba created the most goals in the league (1st and 2nd in assists).

Well in the First Division Cup, I had come in after the first match had been played, which we won 4-1 but we went out in the second round to Black Aces, who finished second.

The South African FA Cup was a completely different story. Got to the quarter final easily before managing to beat Premier Division side, Black Leopards on penalties. This meant we had to play Golden Arrows in the semi final. We held our own for the whole match and were probably the slightly better side but neither side could take their chances. It went to extra time still 0-0 before disaster struck as our keeper, Maseko put the ball into his own net and we went down 1-0.

Not sure whether I'll stay for a season in the Premier Division as finances are terrible. Not going to be able to get any new players in and unless the board injects some funds, I think I'll be leaving.

Amateur

Ok, well didn't have a cent to spend during the transfer window so off I went. Now off to China where I've been offered a job at Hangzhou Lucheng, who were relegated from the Super League last season and now sitting 6th in the First League after 14 games but there's only a 6 point gap between 1st and 9th (we're 4 behind 1st). Only 4 days of transfer window to do business and my defence looks horrible. Attack looking very strong but don't have much in defence. Ibrahim Shikanda is by far my best defender and I have Adam Griffiths but as most of my attacking players are foreign, I can't play him and I don't have much Chinese power up front. Let's see what I can do.

Reserves

Essentially reached the group stages of the ACL, and comfortably won the title again. With 3 games left, Nxumelo was 5 goals away from beating the most league goals in a season record in the FM12 records thread, but as the title had been officially confirmed, I was a bit concerned that the team would just get complacent and he wouldn't get the goals he needed. Fair enough, next game I was 1-0 down at half-time at home to FS Stars. Then this happened:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8990/nxumalo7.jpg

Reserves

Surely a shout for the fastest hat-trick as well?

Amateur

North American CL won as well now, two to go.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...mpions-Leagues

Amateur

Well I didn't expect it to be so easy even if we were expected to bounce straight back up. First match was away to a team above us and surprisingly, we hammered them 7-0, which was my biggest win while in charge. It was all too easy as we were undefeated since I took over and although Baxy stayed with us all the way, we didn't give them any chance to overtake us and we took out the title and now we will be in the Super League next season. We've got a few good prospects coming though, especially a 16 year old attacking midfielder with 5 star PA.

The FA Cup was well out of the way as the 3rd round had already been played and the rest of the tournament was played after the end of the league season which was good. The quarter final was all too easy as we smashed Super League side, Changchun 5-1 away from home. We then had to play Chanba at home in the semi final who finished 4th in the Super League. The semi final was just as easy as the quarter final, winning 5-1 at home to book ourselves a spot in the final against Tianjin and only a win away from a Champions League birth. In a nailbiting encounter, it was a 93rd minute own goal from Marko Zoric which gave us a narrow 3-2 win to grant us a spot in the Champions League group stage next year.

And I may as well give some winners around the world from last season.

China: Shandong, Guangzhou, Beijing
    England: Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal
    Australia: Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth Glory (based on Playoff positions - Adelaide actually finished 6th, Mel/Per 1st/2nd and Brisbane came third)
    New Zealand: Auckland City, Waitakere United, YoungHeart
    South Africa: Orlando Pirates, Ajax CT, Swallows

Europe: Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow (CL) - FC Bayern, Tottenham (EC)
    Africa: ES Tunis, Al-Ahly (CL - 2011) - Ismaily, Zamalek (CC - 2011) - Raja Casablanca, Al-Merreikh (CL - 2012) - Primeiro de Agoso, ENPPI (CC - 2012)
    Asia: Jeonbuk, Okayama (2011) - Suwon, Seongnam (2012)
    North America: Santos Laguna, Pumas
    Oceania: Hekari United, Rangers Honiara (both New Zealand sides were lower division sides for some reason and finished 3rd and 4th in their respective groups)
    South America: Sao Paulo, Universidad de Chile (CL) - Estudiantes, Flamengo (CS)

Well finances again ruined by 900k in bonuses at the EOS while only receiving 30k in league prize money as we went from being above 1M all season to 60k in debt after the FA Cup final. Hopefully the prize money in the Asian Champions League can be enough to keep us out of trouble. I have got rid of a lot of the players wasting our wages and things will start getting better once all the deadwood goes. I'll stay here for one more season and see how it goes after that.

Career Overview:

Code:
    Season    Team       Nation        League                   Position       Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12   United FC  South Africa  National First Division  1st            Promotion, FA Cup Semi Finalists, Resigned at EOS
    2012      Hangzhou   China         First Division           1st            Promoted as Champions, FA Cup Winners

First Team Squad Member

I started this challenge in Scotland and moved to England but now I think I will start again with all of Unknown Hackers edited leagues on. I am quite jealous seeing people managing in some strange countries while I decide if I want the Boro or Forest jobs lol.

Good to see a few more people than last year take on the challenge, hopefully we can get a few people completed it as well.

Amateur

I resigned from Brazil as I got the Asian job I needed to complete the third leg of this challenge! I don't really like doing Club/National manager at the same time, unless its directly before a tournament and I get a job offer. The only national job I want is New Zealand.

I'm now the manager of Al-Wasl in UAE. I took over after Diego Maradona got sacked.

I haven't played any games as of yet, I got given 3.3mil to spend so I've been signing alot of Brazilians & Argentinians. I now think I have the squad to mount a challenge for the title, and then qualification for the Asian Champions League. I'll keep everyone up dated once I finish my first season with them.

Amateur

I'm halfway through the season, haven't been able to finish this one as of yet due to work etc.

I am currently 2nd place in the UAE Pro League, 4 points behind Al-Ain. After a bad run in the league, I changed my tactics and went for it with 3 at the back. Its worked wonders, after winning the last 8 games and only conceding 2

I'm also in the Emirates Cup. I am 2nd in that group as well, but only 1 point behind Al-Jazeera (UAE). I am in the quarters of the Presidents Cup as well.

Due to my wheeling & dealing I only actually have 1 UAE player left in squad haha. My top strikers are an Austrian, Spaniard & a German, which tells you where I've been scouting to get these players in!
    Last edited by Carl0s; 25-11-2011 at 00:45.

First Team Squad Member

Be careful with who you sign in Asia as the Asian Champions League has foreign player restrictions.

Youth Team

I'm doing this in my thread over in FMCU

Haven't won any yet, but I'm getting to the level of qualification for the tournament at least with my latest club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast