Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Kenco's World League

Third Team

Default [FM12] Kenco's World League

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE IN POST #2

Following the disappointment of several problems with last year's editor in making my World League, I am back this year with renewed hope after installing FM12 today and spending the afternoon messing about with the editor. I had a brainwave last week to get past a big obstacle and after a mini test it seems to work okay, so it looks like I can build a World League this year in which clubs can retain their nationality and still play in their own domestic competitions.

There will be an 8 Tier World League, starting with 2 World Divisions, then having regional splits from Tier 3 downwards, with a total of 50 divisions 0f 16 teams. This means a total of 800 teams from almost every nation in the World. Continental competitions will continue as they are, I decided that these are very good already and don't see the need to change them. I am also creating an FA Cup style competition for all World League teams.

Because the World League takes up a big chunk of the calendar, I will also be creating new domestic league structures for as many nations as possible, with mini 8-team leagues at the top of each structure and adding in some regional splits so that clubs aren't pushed too far down the ladder. So England for instance, will have a Premier Division Elite League of 8 teams, followed by Premier Division North and South, each with 8 teams, then Championship North/South with 10 teams each. Other, smaller nations may just have one division of 8 teams as I aim to make as many of the 800 World League teams playable as possible.

The key to all this is the new add/remove leagues feature, which will allow us to play as virtually any team in the World League by switching on their domestic league, which is why I want to create/alter as many leagues as possible.

Now this is quite a big project and I have a lot less time to invest than I had in previous years (downside of having a girlfriend this time around), but any spare time I have will be spent on this and I intend to finish as soon as possible. In fact I have to take a break right now because I'm going out, but will do some work tomorrow morning.

As usual I'll be taking any ideas / comments on board, in particular with the way I structure the domestic leagues, so please feel free to post ideas in this thread.

Kenco
    Last edited by Michael F; 14-09-2012 at 20:14. Reason: Updated structure

Third Team

UPDATED DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!!

https://rapidshare.com/files/1406865...or_files_3.zip

First up, please let me know if this works or not. I've zipped all the files into a folder so I hope you can access them.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUST READ

There should be 66 files in there, you need to extract them to:
    User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2012 \ editor data

Start a new game

Ensure that all 66 files are enabled, and any other editor data file you have must be disabled

At the nation select screen, you must select England and go all the way down to the bottom level (Regional Premier Divs). Failure to do so will end up with a crash

Choose any other leagues to go with this, except Turkey, South Korea or Malaysia. These have not been changed and will just be the default league structures, which may or may not work with the World League. All other league systems have been edited to work in conjunction with the World League and you will need to load the domestic league of any team you want to manage

Select your team. Please note that not all teams are in the World League and if they aren't to start with, they never will be. The 800 teams selected will always be the same. The best thing to do to ensure your chosen team is in, is to look at their fixture list before you confirm.

NEW VERSION - RELEASED 21/3/12

https://rapidshare.com/files/2312377...or_files_4.zip

This is very similar to the above file, but with some new competitions and a few fixes. There are 71 files in this zip folder.
    Last edited by Kenco; 21-03-2012 at 19:24. Reason: added download link

Amateur

looking forward to this!

Amateur

Really hope this works this year, i was constantly checking for updates near enough every day on last years attempt. Good luck Kenco!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by StylishKidsRiot View Post
    Really hope this works this year, i was constantly checking for updates near enough every day on last years attempt. Good luck Kenco!
    It will work this time. It's going to take me a few weeks to get it up and running, but it will work.

Part-Timer

Sounds fantastic - can't wait

Amateur

Yes!!! Really looking forward to this as I thoroughly enjoyed your world league for FM2010. In fact I'm still playing it.
    Thanks Kenco.

Amateur

Looking forward to seeing your work Kenco.

I've been messing with the editor a bit and stumbled upon a problem. I like the add/remove league thing and creating smaller domestic leagues, although time consuming is a good idea.
    How do you plan to have a world league with promotion and relegation structure like domestic leagues? I cant seem to do this in the editor.
    I can create world/continental leagues but it will be through qualification from their domestic leagues and so more random groups in the world league each season.

Hope you understand what Im trying to do. I know last year I stopped editing because of limitations put on the editor. I just still cant see a way to create a world league like i vision.
    Last edited by hehehemann; 24-10-2011 at 05:23.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by hehehemann View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your work Kenco.

I've been messing with the editor a bit and stumbled upon a problem. I like the add/remove league thing and creating smaller domestic leagues, although time consuming is a good idea.
    How do you plan to have a world league with promotion and relegation structure like domestic leagues? I cant seem to do this in the editor.
    I can create world/continental leagues but it will be through qualification from their domestic leagues and so more random groups in the world league each season.

Hope you understand what Im trying to do. I know last year I stopped editing because of limitations put on the editor. I just still cant see a way to create a world league like i vision.
    I plan to set it up as a secondary division structure alongside the English League. This way I can have a proper league system with promotion / relegation and clubs can retain their nationality. The ability to add/remove leagues gives you the chance to manage any club in the structure, but you have to keep the English league loaded or the World League will disappear as well.

Amateur

I see. Thanks for showing us your workings and idea's. I didnt think of doing it that way.

Amateur

Good work Kenco. I like plying World Leagues.

Part-Timer

good luck with this kenco.

Third Team

I see. Thanks for showing us your workings and idea's. I didnt think of doing it that way.
    It occurred to me a few weeks ago, and in testing it seems to work okay. I've chosen England because you need to have at least as many tiers in the main league as the secondary league, and England probably has the most tiers already in the game, so it's easy to amend this and add maybe an extra tier or two.

There is a downside to doing it this way, in particular for teams that already play a secondary league system (Brazil, for example), as their league will become unplayable under it's current structure and will need to be restructured with a new nation rules file. I plan to restructure some leagues anyway, but I'm not going to recreate them in an entirely realistic way and will give them basic rules.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    I plan to restructure some leagues anyway, but I'm not going to recreate them in an entirely realistic way and will give them basic rules.
    This is what I was planning on doing too. My plan was to create new nation rules for about 40 countries and have smaller domestic competitions. They would then qualify for either the world league tournament or a continental league tournament (created with the continental rules). The domestic league would be one half of the season and the world/continental league the second half.
    This method was no relegation/promotions in the world/continental leagues and each year it would be based on domestic positions. Groups would be drawn differently each year too.

Amateur

Hi Kenco,
    I plan to set it up as a secondary division structure alongside the English League. This way I can have a proper league system with promotion / relegation and clubs can retain their nationality. The ability to add/remove leagues gives you the chance to manage any club in the structure, but you have to keep the English league loaded or the World League will disappear as well.
    Yours is a good idea! I've tried to recreate a secondary division structure as you mentioned but i was unable to do so, I suppose you wouldn't be too keen to share this info, would you?
    Last edited by petepompei; 30-10-2011 at 09:31.

Third Team

It's pretty straightforward, just create the new divisions, assign them to a country where you want to base it, them add teams in under the secondary divisions tab and then add nation rules to add the divisions into a structure.

Amateur

It's pretty straightforward, just create the new divisions, assign them to a country where you want to base it, them add teams in under the secondary divisions tab and then add nation rules to add the divisions into a structure.
    Thanks for the explanation, but if you take let's say England and create a parallel world league within the structure, aren't you going to get fixture congestion (especially for English clubs assigned in the world league system) and also what about continental qualification and competitions, can they be turned off? Or is it better to use a country outside Europe but I suppose there you have other problems like players value dropping sharply, regens etc...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by petepompei View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, but if you take let's say England and create a parallel world league within the structure, aren't you going to get fixture congestion (especially for English clubs assigned in the world league system) and also what about continental qualification and competitions, can they be turned off? Or is it better to use a country outside Europe but I suppose there you have other problems like players value dropping sharply, regens etc...
    As I mentioned earlier, I plan to restructure England (and many other leagues) so they have less league games. It's easy to turn off continental comps simply by replacing them with a one off match between 2 specific teams with minimum reputation and prize money.

I don't think it matters where you put it, since it's a secondary league, players values should still bear relation to their primary league. So Barcelona players will still be considered Liga BBVA players and be valued highly.

Amateur

Have you managed to get promotion and relegation to work in the Secondary Divisions? I couldn't get more than 1 Secondary to appear in game, let alone promotion. I have been trying exactly what you have been doing but in Liechtenstein.

I would be interested to hear how you have managed to get this to work.

Amateur

I managed to get it to work using Kencos instructions a few posts above.

A limitation I have stumbled upon....

The teams you select in the World League will always be the same. Other teams in domestic leagues wont ever get a chance to enter into it.
    ie: You create a world league structure (secondary league) and it includes 30 of the best teams in England. Now if you play the domestic league of England and a team not in that list like Shrewsbury rise through the domestic leagues they wont get a chance to compete in the world league.

Is there a way around this?

Third Team

I managed to get it to work using Kencos instructions a few posts above.

A limitation I have stumbled upon....

The teams you select in the World League will always be the same. Other teams in domestic leagues wont ever get a chance to enter into it.
    ie: You create a world league structure (secondary league) and it includes 30 of the best teams in England. Now if you play the domestic league of England and a team not in that list like Shrewsbury rise through the domestic leagues they wont get a chance to compete in the world league.

Is there a way around this?
    That is the major problem, and one I cannot see a way around. I'm considering putting an inactive pool of teams at the bottom of the structure and allowing relegation from the bottom league, which may allow teams to be promoted but you would have no control over which teams came up. I hear this is random with an element of the club's reputation, so if a club rises through their domestic league then they may get that promotion as well.

Third Team

What do people think is a maximum amount of games any one team should play? If I had divisions of 16 teams and reduced domestic leagues to 10 teams, that is still 48 league games. Add in a couple of cups and it's up to about 68 games, which could cause a bit of congestion. But that's only if teams are successful in the cups.

Just wondering if I should reduce the leagues at all? But 16 teams is such a good number, makes it so easy to do the cups!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Affo View Post
    Have you managed to get promotion and relegation to work in the Secondary Divisions? I couldn't get more than 1 Secondary to appear in game, let alone promotion. I have been trying exactly what you have been doing but in Liechtenstein.

I would be interested to hear how you have managed to get this to work.
    layable
    I created a European Super League for FM11 using a Secondary league structure based in England, and retained all National Leagues the only problem I encountered was Club history never recorded places within the ESL for teams other than english. For every Secondary league you have you must have a main league playable, ie if you only have the Premiership playable you only get the 1st league in the Secondary league showing up. What I did was I activated Level 7 and then made a further 4 leagues with no promotion to Level 7 for english B teams. To take a look at the set up I used Download my Db HERE

Amateur

I have been literally pulling my hair out with this.

Thanks very much indeed Psycho, knew it had to be something simple!

In FM11 I had dozens of leagues setup, so of course my Secondaries worked!

Reserves

Personally, I wouldn't want to be playing more than 50 ish games per season. Think about the English Football League divisions + cup games - that's already pretty busy.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want to be playing more than 50 ish games per season. Think about the English Football League divisions + cup games - that's already pretty busy.
    Thinking about the English season, 38 league + 15 Champs League + 6 FA Cup (excluding replays) + 7 League Cup = 66 games. Now that is a lot, but doable.

My idea right now is 18 Domestic League + 30 world League + 13 World Champs League + 6 World Club Cup = 67. But this means teams would have to drop out of their domestic cups.

Amateur

Another limitation I have found is that player stats dont get shown or recorded for the world league. There is no information of them playing in the world league on their history or stats tabs.

Is there something I need to do here?

Third Team

Another limitation I have found is that player stats dont get shown or recorded for the world league. There is no information of them playing in the world league on their history or stats tabs.

Is there something I need to do here?
    Player stats are showing on mine, they are added to League stats.

Third Team

I have created the top 4 tiers in the World League so far and testing is going pretty well.

The biggest difference I've noticed from FM10 is how well the regional boundaries work this time, it appears to be faultless, so no need for me to add the competitions for each level for every single club like last time. That was a ridiculously long task!

Amateur

I see they are added to the league stats but I was expecting them to show like you see the Brazilian players when it shows two separate stats for the season, one for the National the other shows their state performances.
    Is there a way to do this?

Third Team

I see they are added to the league stats but I was expecting them to show like you see the Brazilian players when it shows two separate stats for the season, one for the National the other shows their state performances.
    Is there a way to do this?
    No idea if this is possible or not I'm afraid.

Amateur

Can leagues be of varying size each season. I set it to be 16 to 24 teams but they always stay at 20 and that ruins the regional placing for teams as I find euro clubs going to my asian league, etc, to make up the numbers.

Third Team

Can leagues be of varying size each season. I set it to be 16 to 24 teams but they always stay at 20 and that ruins the regional placing for teams as I find euro clubs going to my asian league, etc, to make up the numbers.
    I know you can set min and max teams for a league, but I have to admit I've never tried it. I think it would mess up the cups because they are taking teams from divisions and those divisions need to have the right number in.

I ran a test on my game for 16 seasons and checked to see which teams have moved around and there were only 6 teams in the wrong divisions. These were because of too few European teams in the lower leagues and were filled with African/Asian teams, but it's much better than FM10 where teams were going all over the place.

Third Team

Okay, here is a quick update of where I'm at so far. I've put the top 5 tiers of the World League structure together and it looks like this (no screenshots as I'm on the wrong PC):

World Gold League (1 division x 16 teams)
    World Silver League (1 x 16)
    World Bronze League (2 x 16)
    - Bronze League East
    - Bronze League West
    World Super Leagues (4 x 16)
    - European Super League
    - American Super League
    - African Super League
    - OceAsian Super League
    World A Leagues (6 x 16)
    - West Europe A League
    - East Europe A League
    - North American A League
    - South American A League
    - African A League
    - OceAsian A League

As mentioned above, the regional boundaries work very well this time around, with the only exceptions being some continental overlaps between Europe/Asia and Asia/Africa.

I decided to split the Bronze League between East and West hemisphere, but moved it slightly east of the GMT line to pick up most of France. So the West League contains teams from countries such as England, France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina, while the East League features teams from Germany, Italy, Russia, South Korea, etc. This way splits up the stronger teams from Europe and makes both divisions pretty even in strength.

I plan to add tiers 6 and 7 soon, possibly also an 8th tier but this may just be set as an inactive feeder league for promotion/relegation, I haven't decided yet.

The World League part is the easy job; the long part will be to restructure domestic leagues. For testing purposes I've changed the English League to a North/South split from the top, with 2 divisions of 10 in the Premier and Championship to reduce the games for those involved in the World League. But I may change the Premier into Premier 1 and 2 with 10 teams each and the Leagues on top of each other, so we still get an outright winner.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Amateur

Okay, here is a quick update of where I'm at so far. I've put the top 5 tiers of the World League structure together and it looks like this (no screenshots as I'm on the wrong PC):

World Gold League (1 division x 16 teams)
    World Silver League (1 x 16)
    World Bronze League (2 x 16)
    - Bronze League East
    - Bronze League West
    World Super Leagues (4 x 16)
    - European Super League
    - American Super League
    - African Super League
    - OceAsian Super League
    World A Leagues (6 x 16)
    - West Europe A League
    - East Europe A League
    - North American A League
    - South American A League
    - African A League
    - OceAsian A League

As mentioned above, the regional boundaries work very well this time around, with the only exceptions being some continental overlaps between Europe/Asia and Asia/Africa.

I decided to split the Bronze League between East and West hemisphere, but moved it slightly east of the GMT line to pick up most of France. So the West League contains teams from countries such as England, France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina, while the East League features teams from Germany, Italy, Russia, South Korea, etc. This way splits up the stronger teams from Europe and makes both divisions pretty even in strength.

I plan to add tiers 6 and 7 soon, possibly also an 8th tier but this may just be set as an inactive feeder league for promotion/relegation, I haven't decided yet.

The World League part is the easy job; the long part will be to restructure domestic leagues. For testing purposes I've changed the English League to a North/South split from the top, with 2 divisions of 10 in the Premier and Championship to reduce the games for those involved in the World League. But I may change the Premier into Premier 1 and 2 with 10 teams each and the Leagues on top of each other, so we still get an outright winner.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
    Hi Kenco, Thanks for the info. It's a pity that you're not keeping the structure you so cleverly created for FM10, which I thought was brilliant. As you say thanks to the improvements in the regionalization, the said structure should work even better. Do you know yet when you plan to release the file?
    Again, thanks for all you work and effort.

Third Team

Hi Kenco, Thanks for the info. It's a pity that you're not keeping the structure you so cleverly created for FM10, which I thought was brilliant. As you say thanks to the improvements in the regionalization, the said structure should work even better. Do you know yet when you plan to release the file?
    Again, thanks for all you work and effort.
    Which part of the FM10 structure did you like? I think this one is quite similar, but with a few differences to make it better than before, but maybe not as big.

Amateur

Which part of the FM10 structure did you like? I think this one is quite similar, but with a few differences to make it better than before, but maybe not as big.
    I really enjoyed trying to achieve promotion twice in a row with a league 9 or 10 club and I also enjoyed the 'FIFA (country name) Division' style cups that you included in your FM10 structure. I particularly liked the number of clubs to choose from.
    Slightly off topic, would you know how to create a new continent and assign teams to it?

Third Team

I really enjoyed trying to achieve promotion twice in a row with a league 9 or 10 club and I also enjoyed the 'FIFA (country name) Division' style cups that you included in your FM10 structure. I particularly liked the number of clubs to choose from.
    Slightly off topic, would you know how to create a new continent and assign teams to it?
    You should still be able to do that with Tier 7 or 8 clubs. The FIFA divisions were okay, but they were just there because I wanted to keep teams in some kind of domestic competition in addition to the World League. Unfortunately I couldn't recreate leagues with promotions/relegations then, but this time around it's possible and will be so much better.

Sorry, no idea about creating continents.

First Team Squad Member

Had a lot of fun as Inter Baku on the FM10 game, but the geographical jumping around got a little irritating (got promoted into a league full of crap African teams that I steamrollered, and then ended up in a league full of Italian teams who all battered me). so am glad that seems to be better in FM12.

Look forward to this one

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by spotg View Post
    Had a lot of fun as Inter Baku on the FM10 game, but the geographical jumping around got a little irritating (got promoted into a league full of crap African teams that I steamrollered, and then ended up in a league full of Italian teams who all battered me). so am glad that seems to be better in FM12.

Look forward to this one
    I'll try to remember to include Inter Baku again, hopefully they will go through the correct leagues this time.

Amateur

99% sure I played your FM10 World League. Was it the one with the U23 Cup competition? Very much enjoyed it.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Evanescent View Post
    99% sure I played your FM10 World League. Was it the one with the U23 Cup competition? Very much enjoyed it.
    Yes, it was that one, thanks.

Amateur

kenco your FM10 world league was amazing. Can't wait for this one.

Third Team

Didn't get chance to do any editing over the weekend as I was away, will try to get a couple of hours in this evening. I did go into the editor this morning to keep working on my list of teams, only to discover that the filter wasn't showing every team, despite me setting the number of records shown as unlimited. . So I need to go over the list again and add in all the ones I missed out before.

The other obstacle I have is what to do with teams from smaller nations. In some cases they only have 1 team from a nation, and it seems pointless for me to set up a domestic league for each country when they only have one team entered, as this would mean setting up over 200 separate nation rules files, something which I am not prepared to do. So I have an option to merge them into a league for their region, perhaps one for the Caribbean Islands, one for Oceania and maybe some in Asia and Africa. But if I do that, they would lose their nationality, which goes against my original idea, or I just include these teams in the World League but don't set up nation rules, so you cannot manage them.

So I'd like to hear people's ideas on which you prefer:

Option 1 - Merge smaller nations into regions and set up league systems to make them playable
    Option 2 - Leave smaller nations separate, meaning they retain their nationality but you cannot manage them, unless a domestic league is created.

Amateur

Didn't get chance to do any editing over the weekend as I was away, will try to get a couple of hours in this evening. I did go into the editor this morning to keep working on my list of teams, only to discover that the filter wasn't showing every team, despite me setting the number of records shown as unlimited. . So I need to go over the list again and add in all the ones I missed out before.

The other obstacle I have is what to do with teams from smaller nations. In some cases they only have 1 team from a nation, and it seems pointless for me to set up a domestic league for each country when they only have one team entered, as this would mean setting up over 200 separate nation rules files, something which I am not prepared to do. So I have an option to merge them into a league for their region, perhaps one for the Caribbean Islands, one for Oceania and maybe some in Asia and Africa. But if I do that, they would lose their nationality, which goes against my original idea, or I just include these teams in the World League but don't set up nation rules, so you cannot manage them.

So I'd like to hear people's ideas on which you prefer:

Option 1 - Merge smaller nations into regions and set up league systems to make them playable
    Option 2 - Leave smaller nations separate, meaning they retain their nationality but you cannot manage them, unless a domestic league is created.
    I, for one, would vote for Option 1. I find that it's a good challenge to manage smaller clubs (sometimes with no financial resources) and try to achieve promotion(s).

Amateur

What does losing nationality mean? I didn't understand that

And with regular domestic seasons played, won't it be too much games a season? Wouldn't it be better if you disabled every other league in the game and just left the world league structure with many lower divisions? :/

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by egesagin View Post
    What does losing nationality mean? I didn't understand that

And with regular domestic seasons played, won't it be too much games a season? Wouldn't it be better if you disabled every other league in the game and just left the world league structure with many lower divisions? :/
    It means a team from Jamaica would no longer be Jamaican, they would be Caribbean, for example. It's more of a personal issue, I just like to know where a team is from when I'm playing them, but it does also seem to affect things like transfer preferences when signing players/staff.

As for your second question, if you read earlier in the thread you would see the reason for this. I am setting the World League as a secondary division within the English structure, so in order for you to manage any team that isn't English you would need that league switched on. So I am planning to re-structure many nation's rules so they get less games domestically, freeing up space in the calendar for the World League.

Amateur

I've read the thing about England but I thought maybe these would be only competitions for them. Whatever, good luck with it, hopefully it'll work and it won't over-tire the players so we can have a jolly good time ^^

Third Team

I've just changed the English structure as a test, but plan to change many more once I work out how many games teams can realistically play.

Part-Timer

Kenco, I would vote for Option 1 and merge them into a regional league

Amateur

I'm for option 2. The biggest drawback in making a semi-realistic world league is changing the nationality of the team. If you went option 1, yes you could manage a little team from Madagascar but in the game they are not actually a team from Madagascar because you have changed their nationality.

I know how disappointed you were with the last editor and not being able to have a realistic super league. Why go against your earlier version methods and start changing the teams nationality? That seems to be the way just about everyone else is making superleagues. Personally I am waiting for yours because I know teams will act more realistic.
    Last edited by hehehemann; 31-10-2011 at 17:48.

Third Team

But with option 2 you can't even manage that little team from Madagascar.

I'm really torn right now, think I need to do what Harry Hill would do. I like option 1, but then I also like option 2, but which is better?.......

Part-Timer

Fight!!!!!!!

Amateur

But with option 2 you can't even manage that little team from Madagascar.
    But my point is, your superleague is known as being realistic compared to others. I think a major reason is because you keep teams nationalities as in real life and that makes them still believable. I have played other superleagues and most make all the teams the same nationality - English. This makes it become silly after a couple of seasons. Teams in South America buying scots, welsh, etc. Yes, the regens come right because they re linked to the stadiums location but staff and the buying and selling of players just spoils things.

Now that little team in Madagascar wont be a little team from Madagascar if you change their nationality. Also, when making new nations, like a Carribbean one how will will affect things like the international tournaments that require those teams? Now you'll have a new international squad - Carribbean that competes in the world cup, etc. Again taking away the reality of your superleagues.

Third Team

But my point is, your superleague is known as being realistic compared to others. I think a major reason is because you keep teams nationalities as in real life and that makes them still believable. I have played other superleagues and most make all the teams the same nationality - English. This makes it become silly after a couple of seasons. Teams in South America buying scots, welsh, etc. Yes, the regens come right because they re linked to the stadiums location but staff and the buying and selling of players just spoils things.

Now that little team in Madagascar wont be a little team from Madagascar if you change their nationality. Also, when making new nations, like a Carribbean one how will will affect things like the international tournaments that require those teams? Now you'll have a new international squad - Carribbean that competes in the world cup, etc. Again taking away the reality of your superleagues.
    I know, that's exactly my issue with it. I want the realism but I also want to play as the little teams from obscure nations.

Amateur

Making new nations rules for the smaller nations will be based on a generic template your using for the other nations, right? I'm willing to help make some, I'm sure a few others will pitch in to help too if you want.

Third Team

Making new nations rules for the smaller nations will be based on a generic template your using for the other nations, right? I'm willing to help make some, I'm sure a few others will pitch in to help too if you want.
    Pretty much, yeah. I will try to keep it pretty simple by just splitting the top leagues down and adding in straightforward cups, but I'll give more info once I know what I'm doing. Thanks for the offer of help, I might need it.

Third Team

I've decided I will leave Continental Competitions as they are. They work well, and there isn't any need for me to replace them just yet. Maybe I will change them in the future, but for now I will work with them.

I do plan to add a new World Club competition, in the form of an FA Cup style competition.

I also have plans for my new look English structure; starting with an 8 team Elite Premier Division, followed by 2 divisions of 8 to be split into Premier North and South, then continue with North/South splits down through the divisions. FA Cup, League Cup and JP Trophy will be recreated, but teams from the top flight will not be involved, and the 2nd flight will only play in the FA Cup. Possibly. This is all still in my head right now, so it could change by the time I get back on the editor.

Amateur

This is looking very much like a mix of my FM11 Super 8's DB and my European Super league DB, which I am planning to release as individual and combined myself once they sort out all the little niggles withhin the editor, but looking forward to seeing your attempt neverless.

Amateur

I've been thinking more about the creation of regional areas like the Caribbean so that smaller teams can come in. I am about to experiment with doing this, mainly to see if the new options of nation, region and continental transfer preferences have any effect. If they do, and I can get it set right, maybe small regions would be a good idea in order to cut down the amount of leagues. A good experiment to run anyways.

Now I see other nations with a -1 or -2 in the options. Do you know what they mean?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1970 View Post
    This is looking very much like a mix of my FM11 Super 8's DB and my European Super league DB, which I am planning to release as individual and combined myself once they sort out all the little niggles withhin the editor, but looking forward to seeing your attempt neverless.
    Similar in that you used secondary divisions? Yeah I guess so, but it seems to be the best way to produce a Super League.

What niggles are holding you back right now?

Third Team

I've been thinking more about the creation of regional areas like the Caribbean so that smaller teams can come in. I am about to experiment with doing this, mainly to see if the new options of nation, region and continental transfer preferences have any effect. If they do, and I can get it set right, maybe small regions would be a good idea in order to cut down the amount of leagues. A good experiment to run anyways.

Now I see other nations with a -1 or -2 in the options. Do you know what they mean?
    I have no idea what the negative numbers do.

I'm thinking of releasing the World League without editing the small nations to begin with, and maybe releasing a second version later on with the nations grouped into regions. That way you get the best of both Worlds.

Third Team

I added Tier 8 last night, a total of 20 regional divisions containing 320 teams. The whole structure now has 800 teams, which I think is more than enough for now. I've left the game running on holiday while I'm at work today, hopefully it will get through a few seasons and I can see how all the regional boundaries are working. Then I will need to sort out the dates, rules and prize money for these leagues before getting into the business of re-structuring domestic divisions.

Now for some rules. Firstly, I am not a fan of the 25 man squad rule in England, so this will not be in any league that I recreate. Disciplinary rules will follow the 5,10,15,etc. suspensions for yellow cards, and 1 match bans for reds.

I am not sure what to do with subs just yet. In FM10 I went with 4 from 9, which worked quite well for me, but I'm sure not everyone liked it. Personally, I like the idea of having more options from the bench so I can give chances to youngsters who may normally miss out and it also helps out when you make 3 subs and get an injury, as seems to happen to alot of people! So I am tempted to go with 4 from 9 again.

Prize money. What would you think is a realistic amount for winning each tier of the World League? I intend to make prize money for domestic leagues as close to the current set up as possible, so any of this will be additional earnings.

Amateur

4from 9 subs was good. How about 5 from 9 for even more options? Are you planning on having an u23( I think) cup similar to you fm2010 release?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by benffffffffffff View Post
    4from 9 subs was good. How about 5 from 9 for even more options? Are you planning on having an u23( I think) cup similar to you fm2010 release?
    5 from 9 has crossed my mind, I think it would really be useful as it's going to be a long, hard season with few easy matches. Having a good first XI will not be enough, you'll need to use the whole squad.

I don't think I'll bother with the youth cup this time. It's just another thing to squeeze into an already tight calendar, and it didn't work as well as I would have liked.

Amateur

Whens this out ?

Third Team

When it's ready.

Amateur

5 from 9 has crossed my mind, I think it would really be useful as it's going to be a long, hard season with few easy matches. Having a good first XI will not be enough, you'll need to use the whole squad.

I don't think I'll bother with the youth cup this time. It's just another thing to squeeze into an already tight calendar, and it didn't work as well as I would have liked.
    I think 5 from 9 is definately the best idea. If anyone dosent like that or if you do go for the 4 from 9 then it can easily be changed in the editor to suit everyones needs.

Third Team

Set all the prize money for the English League and World League, along with playoffs, TV games, etc. but it crashed on 16th June 2012 . The nation rules were all valid, so I have to go back a stage and find out what went wrong.

Amateur

Set all the prize money for the English League and World League, along with playoffs, TV games, etc. but it crashed on 16th June 2012 . The nation rules were all valid, so I have to go back a stage and find out what went wrong.
    this is one of the little niggles, so far I've only been able to get 1 db past the season update date, even the most basic league set-ups crash at or before this time the only thing I can think it may be is the continental competions if there not edited as well, have'nt tried this yet but pretty sure its the cause, have you noticed that all continental comps show up, ie Asian Champions League even if your not managing in that continent. I presume its down to the fact you can now load other leagues in game, and I think this is whats causing Dbs to crash.

Third Team

I took a guess that my playoffs might be the cause, as I tried to do some relegation playoffs involving the leagues below in regional leagues. I took these out, and it now goes past the season update date, so it should be okay.

I haven't edited continental cups, going to leave them as they are.

Amateur

Hey Kenco, I think you should set the world league prize money higher than domestic tournaments because with the very small domestic income of smaller nations, the clubs from there will find it incredibly hard to hold on in the world league. Irl that would be realistic but since world league isn't realistic to begin with, you should help out the smaller nations by making the prize money higher

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by egesagin View Post
    Hey Kenco, I think you should set the world league prize money higher than domestic tournaments because with the very small domestic income of smaller nations, the clubs from there will find it incredibly hard to hold on in the world league. Irl that would be realistic but since world league isn't realistic to begin with, you should help out the smaller nations by making the prize money higher
    Yeah, I think I agree with you here. Besides, I can't seem to find any prize money in some leagues so I am going to have to make up a figure for them anyway. I'll just give an amount based on the league reputation, but the major money will come through the World Leagues via prize money and TV money.

Amateur

TV Money should be at the same level with the champions league for the top tier I guess, or slightly lower but people would love to watch a world league now..

Third Team

The World League itself is pretty much complete, just need to play around with the reputation of the league and prize money until it seems about right. I think the reputation boost for winning leagues is too high, I had a situation in my last test where Bnei Yehuda from Israel managed 7 promotions in 8 years and won the Gold League at the first attempt, along with the Champions League and WCC, despite only having a handful of real players. I initially had the Gold League with a rep of 200, then the Silver League 190, Bronze 180, etc. But I will have to put much larger gaps between the leagues.

I also noticed some clubs getting much richer over time, with teams like Benfica and Lyon having being valued at around 900m. But I discovered that instead of setting my prize money in the top flight at 40m, I accidently made it 400m! In fact I gave an extra zero for every position in that division, so even teams finishing 16th were earning over 100m. This is now fixed.

My English league structure is finished as well, with 8 tiers going down to regional divisions. I have also done a new structure for Spain, which is virtually identical to the English league but I haven't done so many tiers, just 4 for now. I may add these at a later date, but I just want to test this out first and then rattle through as many different nations as I can before making them too in-depth.

Part-Timer
    Sergio Ramos is KING. XBox LIVE Gamertag - BeenTraininDogs

Really looking forward to this Kenco. =]

Please be as good as your FM10 one. =P

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1307 View Post
    Really looking forward to this Kenco. =]

Please be as good as your FM10 one. =P
    Thanks. I don't think it will be as good as my FM10 version, it will be much better .

Amateur

Thanks. I don't think it will be as good as my FM10 version, it will be much better .
    can't wait for it man just finish it thnxxxx alot dude ur putting too much effort

Third Team

I've now added in my FA Cup style competition for all 800 teams in the World League structure. Teams from the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues won't enter until the 5th round, but will still have to get through 7 games to lift the trophy. I had to add it to the English cups rather than continental rules, since all the leagues are in my English editor file.

I was struggling to come up with a name so for now I am calling it the World Trophy, prefixed with the name of it's sponsor, a well-known coffee brand...........

Still doing extensive testing with the new look English and Spanish leagues to make sure I get the balance of games and money right and it's looking pretty good so far.

The next step is the daunting prospect of re-writing all the other league structures. I'm going to start with the largest rep ones and work my way down, giving them a very similar structure and dates to the English and Spanish ones I've already done. This will make it much easier for me, but will mean every league in the world will be completely different to it's real life counterpart.

Basically I am putting an 'Elite' league of 8 teams at the top of every league. After this will be a North/South or East/West split with 2 divs of 8 teams. Below that (in bigger leagues) will be split leagues of between 8 and 12 teams, depending on the leagues in the current structure. This way I don't have to move around too many teams and can leave the lower tiers exactly as they are, so they can still enter cup competitions.

So the English league looks like this:
    Premier Division Elite - 8 teams
    Premier Division North / South - 2 divs of 8
    Championship North / South - 2 divs of 10
    League 1 North / South - 2 divs of 12
    League 2 North / South - 2 divs of 12

Below this I have left as they are, as it's unlikely that any of the World League teams will drop to the BSP. If they do, they are in for a big fixture list!

I reckon I will be able to put together 2 league structures per evening from now on, increasing to 4 or 5 per evening as I get down to the smaller nations, so I definitely think I can get a release out soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Amateur

I think I might hiss in my pants

Amateur

Or maybe jizz

Third Team

Thanks for lowering the tone of my thread.

Amateur

So that will be 14 domestic games and 30 world league games for the top clubs?

Plus the domestic cup, world trophy and the existing CL and EL (which teams will qualify from via their domestic league)

Sound fantastic

Amateur

great job,cant wait for this.......

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MHopper View Post
    So that will be 14 domestic games and 30 world league games for the top clubs?

Plus the domestic cup, world trophy and the existing CL and EL (which teams will qualify from via their domestic league)

Sound fantastic
    Everything correct except the domestic cup. Top tier teams will not compete in those to free up some dates for extra league games / World Trophy.

So the maximum number of games for top European clubs would be:
    Domestic league = 14
    World League = 30
    World Trophy = 7
    ECC = 15
    Total = 66 games.

The schedule will be pretty tight for teams that are successful, but this is no different to an English club reaching finals in Europe, FA Cup and League Cup.

First Team Squad Member

This will be so great.

Part-Timer
    Sergio Ramos is KING. XBox LIVE Gamertag - BeenTraininDogs

Kenco, do you have a list of the teams in each of the World Leagues, or even at each level?

Part-Timer

Kenco - you might want to patent that league structure. There are some Premier League chairmen who might be licking their lips at the idea of an 8 club top tier with a larger European (or in this case world league).

Have you considered running as the next FIFA president when that idiot Blatter steps down?

Can't wait to play this, just hope that I fix my issue with my graphics card in time

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    Kenco - you might want to patent that league structure. There are some Premier League chairmen who might be licking their lips at the idea of an 8 club top tier with a larger European (or in this case world league).

Have you considered running as the next FIFA president when that idiot Blatter steps down?

Can't wait to play this, just hope that I fix my issue with my graphics card in time
    Ha, this made me laugh!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie1307 View Post
    Kenco, do you have a list of the teams in each of the World Leagues, or even at each level?
    I have 800 teams, but not really in a list format that I can post here just yet. I'll see what I can do.

Amateur

sure I played your FM10 World League.

Amateur

Kenco, will the domestic and world fixtures run side by side or will it be similar to your fm 10 world league in the the domestic games are played and then it moves onto the world league?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MHopper View Post
    Kenco, will the domestic and world fixtures run side by side or will it be similar to your fm 10 world league in the the domestic games are played and then it moves onto the world league?
    At the moment I have domestic leagues running until 19/20 November in the first season, with the World Leagues starting on 27 November.

I'm running a long test right now (started at 6pm last night and it's still going until I get home from work) which should get me around 20 seasons of data, and I plan to have a good look over the fixture lists to see if teams had any real congestions.

Amateur

looking forward to this

any chance to realease a Beta? with just england and spain so we can look around a bit to see how it's going to work.

Amateur

Just adding my voice to the list of people looking forward to this Kenco.
    Also, If you want anyone helping to test it, I'm quite happy to help. I know pretty much nothing about the editor (just how to make Kenny Dalglish my assistant at Liverpool!), so I won't be able to help with actually making it, but I'm quite happy to play through it and tell you of any problems I encounter...

This is going to be ridiculous. Good luck mate.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by karax268 View Post
    looking forward to this

any chance to realease a Beta? with just england and spain so we can look around a bit to see how it's going to work.
    Sorry, no beta. I'm not releasing anything until I get chance to play it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbloke View Post
    Just adding my voice to the list of people looking forward to this Kenco.
    Also, If you want anyone helping to test it, I'm quite happy to help. I know pretty much nothing about the editor (just how to make Kenny Dalglish my assistant at Liverpool!), so I won't be able to help with actually making it, but I'm quite happy to play through it and tell you of any problems I encounter...
    Thanks for the offer, but testing is the easy part as it can be done when I'm asleep or at work. The difficult bit is finding time to get editing! But I'll be back on it tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    This is going to be ridiculous. Good luck mate.
    Thanks, I'll need it. Well done on your own project, looks like you've put some serious effort into it. My leagues will be a lot less detailed than yours.

Thanks, I'll need it. Well done on your own project, looks like you've put some serious effort into it. My leagues will be a lot less detailed than yours.
    Yours is just as huge a project in a different way, it'll completely change the way that the game works. Getting the leagues done will be the easy part I feel. All of the strategy and forethought is the hard stuff.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    Yours is just as huge a project in a different way, it'll completely change the way that the game works. Getting the leagues done will be the easy part I feel. All of the strategy and forethought is the hard stuff.
    Yes, it's going to be a new world. True, the domestic leagues will be easy now, I've spent quite a while tinkering the English and Spanish leagues to get them right. Now I know they work, it's just a case of creating very similar structures for the other nations, but on a smaller scale for most of them.

Amateur

I want to warn you, big changes seem to negatively affect the clubs' financial planning, i've downloaded a Euro League, a project much smaller than yours, i've holdayed until 2021 and many teams, especially the lower league ones have huge loan debts (over 100% of their overall budget) and all of those clubs have sold their youth and training facilities.
    You should test your project thoroughly.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast