+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 3510

Thread: dafuge's FM12 challenge

Amateur

Opening post for me. Let's do this with FC United of Manchester - The Red Rebels. Profile link: here

Goals for the season:

1. Sign good scouts asap to get some good players in without the risk of poor scouting info by the poor assman/coach. (Done!)
    2. Patience in signing players.
    3. Make a run for the playoffs or better, without compromising our finances.
    4. Cup Run?
    5. Make money on the season (Lots of friendlies early, +400k in the bank!)

Amateur

The better late than never season review - Billericay
    Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square North
    Preseason Media Prediction: 22nd

Well the goal was to secure a safe mid-table finish and with some heavy raiding of premier league discards we managed to achieve...

Table
    Transfers

Promotion!

We probably could have ended up as champions if I didn't tinker needlessly with my tactics mid way through the season, but the result is still more than satisfactory.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13         Blue Square North         2nd           Promoted via playoffs

Amateur

Meet your team of the week, Hastings United!!! (Mostly!)

(I've had as many as 5 before, in FM2011 --- never more!) One for the records thread I think
    Came after a 6-0 shellacking of Chelmsford -- Mannion with two goals and an assist, Brace with two goals, Cassidy with a goal and two assists, Harris with a goal...lowest team rating was a sub ML at 6.9 with 15 min played (one assist)...GK had 7.0 with his clean sheet (1 save).

One of two matches all season (37 matches in) where I absolutely dominated --- 22 shots to 4 (9 on target vs 1).

5 matches to go, and I'm one point out of playoff spots...need another game or two like this, and the teams above me to drop some points, if I'm to make the playoffs (Ebbsfleet sealed the title 4 or 5 matches ago!)
    Last edited by G_D_K; 09-11-2011 at 17:17.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by G_D_K View Post
    Meet your team of the week----Hastings United!!! (Mostly!)

(I've had as many as 5 before, in FM2011 --- never more!) One for the records thread I think
    Came after a 6-0 shellacking of Chelmsford -- Mannion with two goals and an assist, Brace with two goals, Cassidy with a goal and two assists, Harris with a goal...lowest team rating was a sub ML at 6.9 with 15 min played (one assist)...GK had 7.0 with his clean sheet (1 save).
    Think you got the wrong link, it goes to your records. Should be this link i guess?

Congrats btw. Looking good!

Amateur

Shaggy61 Bedford Town number 60 Season 1 BSN

Thoroughly enjoyable first season back in the game, began with an amazing 5 straight wins, which i knew was too good to be true and so it proved finishing a lowly 13th. Although we were in playoff contention for most of the season the loss of creative midfielder Martin proved a blow and we finished poorly as youth was given a run out towards the end of the season.

Positives included the centre back in form of Hoyte and striker Lee. In addition we had a good fa cup run to the first round proper before a classy colchester battered us. This did give us a nice llittle income and with wage budget under control we seem ok on financial side for first year.

Coming into pre season the dead wood will be shelved and a need for a new keeper is priority.

I generally try to play the game slow and steady building up 2/3 seasons between promotions to try and build the infrustructure at the club. Compared to 2010 this first season was a breeze but can now go and target the players to get us at least into the playoffs next season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJudas View Post
    True, but I think it might be a problem for peole like GOM, who didn't have immediate success, as his teams rep kept falling, so eventually he was unable to sign many players. I think this might be the cause of that situation?

It's going to have an effect on matchday performance aswell, as everytime your players take to the field, they'll feel inferior, even if they are superior.

My latest stats were:

100-1 winners BSP 1st season-finished 17th.
    500-1 winners BSP 2nd season-finished 9th.
    2000-1 winners BSP 3rd-ongoing.

Now how does that work, considering the squad is far stronger, financial results have been better, and the season on season results have improved?
    Just checked mine, im only in my second season so tbh i dont know how much my rep should have changed but, i won the FA trophy in my 1st season, and have been sitting 1st in the BSP for most of this season and my Rep is below a majority of the BSS and BSN which seems odd.

Amateur

#18 - reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet North - WINNERS - Season 2012-13

An amazing first season in charge, with us winning the league at a canter and getting to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we played Arsenal at home losing 6-1.

Table Graph Arsenal FA Cup

When i took over at the club we only had 18 players over the 3 squads so first task was to decide who to keep, who to release. Once this was done I was left with 6 players so into the transfer market i went. I then went abit scatter gun signing anyone and everyone just to have a full squad for the season.
    In the end over the course of the season i signed 36 players to fill out the squads as best as possible, but those that didn't make the grade were released this totalled 12 players and a further 2 were sold in the january transfer window for £575,000. The chairman decided to accept an offer for one of them as it was for £575,000 which board could not turn down and this helped keep the club in the black this season.

Squad Xfres1 Xfers2 Finances

Best player of the season was Emmanuel Richardson, who finished the season having made 47 appearances scoring 33 times and assisted in a further 24 goals, with an overall rating of 7.96.

Plans for next season:

1) Avoid relegation
    2) Improve squad to ensure point 1 is accomplished.
    3) Have a cup run or two so funds would be available to improve facilities, ready for any further promotions.
    Last edited by reddevil4ever; 09-11-2011 at 12:10.

Drew. FC United. Blue Square Premier. 2013/2014

Table - Champions, we managed to get promoted at the first time asking for the 2nd season in a row, I feel that playing as FC United is easier than Lowestoft, we started off okay, but then we managed to put some decent results together and it all became easy from then on.

Graph - As you can see from the graph we started off slowly, but then on matchday 37 we went top and help on for the rest of the season.

Squad - We improved on the positions that needed improving, it took a few games for the squad to gel, but when they did, it really showed in terms of performances and results; Sam Pearce was a monster at the back, and helped himself to a few goals as well, always a threat from set pieces; Dan Ward continued what he done best from last season, and he did it very well, I believe I will get a few more seasons out of him before I may have to replace him, Robert Brennan was equally as impressive, was solid on the left flank, him and Ward linked up well, and chipped in with a few goals and assists; Ciaran Bonner arrived in January and chipped in with a few goals, although I did not think he was that much of a key player, I'm undecided as to wether I should get rid of him during the summer; Kudus Oyenuga wow, what a player, doesn't have the best stats, but he's always in the best place at the right time, played a pivotal role in us securing promotion, I need to bring in a few decent wingers during the summer to feed him for next season.

Transfers - Deadwood left, and some decent players came in.

Finances - Thank god for our F.A. Cup run.

Me

Aims for next season:

Aim for mid-table.
    Improve the squad.

Amateur

My new chairman is selling my best players

Part-Timer

Set extortionate asking prices for them. This tends to discourage other teams from making offers.

Amateur

Anyone else getting cash injections? My FC United board have given me a total of £500k this season. No idea where they are coming from as I'm a fan run club.

Amateur
    Dafuge Challenge - Where real men pick teams under 1000 rep!

End of first season update should be due soon, only a couple of games left.

Thought I'd share this result though - Seems I barely needed to turn up against Farnborough to win this match!

Amateur

Hooray, I finally won a Carling Cup match!

Amateur

Default FC United - End of Season Update

I tried to upload a picture of the FC United badge, but either my brain is fully in Holiday mode, or it wont let me.

So anyway....

FC United - Season 2014/2015 - omgwtfbbq #12
    Blue Square Bet Premier
    Squad - Finances - Table - Boardroom - Manager Profile - FA Trophy

BSP
    We won very comfortably, only 2 losses at the end of the season when I was resting players and letting some of the younger players have a game.

FA Cup
    We did utter pish. So no money from this cup.

FA Trophy
    We won it, majorly impressed, although it did cause a good fixture congestion at december/january time with games being postponed. At one point i had 2 games in 2 days, which was nuts. But we hung on in their and played magnificently.

Awards
    Manager of the Year
    Player of the Year

Turning Professional & Scary AssMan!

Next Seasons Objectives
    Training facilities are due for completion in November - hope to improve current crop of players
    Improve upon squad
    Current season objective is avoid relegation, im personally hoping for mid table safety
    Good cup run
    Improve stadium

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Utdchamp View Post
    Anyone else getting cash injections? My FC United board have given me a total of £500k this season. No idea where they are coming from as I'm a fan run club.
    That seems to be happening to a lot of people in the challenge this year. Makes a nice change from everyone being in massive debt I suppose!

Part-Timer

Oh god, my Chairman is looking to step down...

Semi Pro

£180k from my St Albans chariman/board this season.
    I guess they must have sold the lead from the cathedral roof.

Amateur

Despite only losing 4 games all season and sitting at the top of the table for most of it, and untill recently having a 6 point lead with 2 games in hand, it seems my players are determined to make this a nerve biting end to the season, i have now lost the last 4 games in a row and dropped to 2nd place!! shipping 13 goals inc a 4-1 thumping followed by an even worse 6-1 embaressment. 6 Games to go need to g et back on track!!

Amateur

#94 Delnaja - Canvey Island

Season 2

Result - 13th Table
    FA Cup beaten 2-0 in 1st round by Crystal Palace
    FA Trophy - 4th Round defeat to Gloucester

Really disappointing season overall, dreadful start to the season, 6 losses in first 7 games left me rooted to the foot of the table. This was mainly due to a poor pre-season where a lot of my signings went into the season unfit. (graph)
    I managed to get a 4.5.1 tactic to work fairly well and the players ultimately gelled reasonably well and steadily climbed the table but my finishing position was as good as it got.

We were well short of class at the back for a decent portion of the season but Jerry Nnamani proved he was cut out for this level with some sterling performances and chipping in with 8 goals. Other than Jerry no one stood out in particular.
    Steady performances across the board. My strikers were a cause for concern top scorer was Michael O'Halloran was top scorer with just 12 in the league. So my priority is to replace the strikers and wingers with some class.

This was another season of huge incomings and outgoings with no less than 31 players brought in and 38 leaving. The team is much better prepared for this level next season and we shouldn't see such turnover of players next season

I took the advice of another player and went through the releases of all premier league clubs and whilst it took a long time I shortlisted them all and waited for the unsigned ones to talk to me. A few wouldn't even entertain the idea of signing until feb but I've managed to pick up a couple of gems for next season

Alban Bunjaku - Ex Arsenal
    Adil Nabi - Ex West Brom
    Ronnie Minkwitz - Ex Fulham He looks like a real gem and my scouts say he could play in the championship

Next season goals

Push for playoff spot
    dont make too many squad changes

One worry I have is that my contract expires at the end of June and the board wont enter into negotiations for a longer contract due to my "performance" although they are delighted with my performance.
    Last edited by Delnaja; 09-11-2011 at 17:45.

Amateur

well ground getting a small upgrade as now in Blue Square Bet Premier so will be groundsharing with Luton Town FC

which was ideal as last preseason friendly was against Bordeaux as part of the sale of Phil Morris to them last season. So we had the money from the transfer and now from having over 4,500 through the turnstiles for the friendly

we gave Bordeaux a good game finally losing 2-0

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by menace- View Post
    alot of my players where on £0 a week and just bonuses or just £5 a week youth contracts and still managed to fit into the team and do a job, aslong as your defence is solid youll be ok
    Yeh, I managed to get soem £5p/w players, most are filling the bench and being used as backups - some 'decent' as well. Even though technically the weakest area of the squad is our defence, we've conceded the least amount of goals so far with just 4 against us (in 7) thanks to our keeper and solid all round performances. Our forward players are classy, but need to get going and everyone needs to group together since its a whole new starting line up. So far so good though sitting 7th after 7 games, just need to start scoring a few more.

Well biggest result of my season/career! A home win in the forth round of the fa cup. Smashing result against the other canaries (norwich, well theyre reserves!).
    Stats
    Ratings

Am well chuffed!
    Good result - had to take your chances and you did. I look forward to playing my fellow canaries at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by grff View Post
    [CENTER]
    Promotion Achieved!!!
    Congrats on achieving promotion and getting out of the bottom. Bigger and better things to come I hope!

Amateur

Well finally scrapped a 2-1 Win so hopefully that will get some wining mentality back into the squad, have secured a paly off place now 4 Games to reclaim my #1 spot

Amateur

Fitness is killing me at the end of the season no one can play more than 10 mins with out being "exhuasted"

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jsar View Post
    Fitness is killing me at the end of the season no one can play more than 10 mins with out being "exhuasted"
    Lower your training workload down & reduce the level of match prep. Might help. Or risk one game starting with some backups maybe... that's what I'd do anyway.

Amateur

been having to rotate the "back ups" over the last few games i think is probabally where my losing streak came from, back on top tho now with one game to go!

Amateur

For once I'm starting the season well

Part-Timer

I give the players rest days whenever the fixture scheduling is tight to avoid tiredness. 1 day is usually enough, 2 if someone's really low on Condition. Couple that with some rotation and we're pretty much fine, barring any major injury problems.

Amateur

Just won my 4th straight promotion with FC United. Still just above Mansfield in the reputation ranking. Stupid.

Amateur

Well Season over, just gonna sort out an update now

Amateur

90 players on my shortlist, just promoted to the Championship and only 4 of them want to join me. There is something wrong with reputation!

90 players on my shortlist, just promoted to the Championship and only 4 of them want to join me. There is something wrong with reputation!
    Trawl through European Nations' Under 21's and Under 19's.

Amateur

At the end of my first year in charge we got a £30k cash injection to help with the running costs - fair enough after the debt I'd put us in with huge wages. At the start of the year we got another cash injection, this time £60k. Now the middle of October and we just recieved our third cash injection of the year, another £60k. A total of £120k injected so far to keep us going, but we're still (£160k) in the red and losing roughly £30k per month. I wonder how long the club can keep injecting cash before something major happens.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Trawl through European Nations' Under 21's and Under 19's.
    I will when their contracts expire

I will when their contracts expire
    Just make sure you have enough home grown players

Made that mistake too many times already.

Part-Timer

Aston Villa are in the Championship with me and had two players called up for England duty. Peculiar.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Just make sure you have enough home grown players

Made that mistake too many times already.
    It's horrible. Have to put really bad players on the bench because of that rule

Amateur

Bedford Town - Season 2015/2016 - Coca Cola League Two

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 15th

FA Cup: 4th Rnd loss to Fulham(0-3 away)
    Carling Cup: 1st Rnd loss to Birmingham(1-2 away)
    Johnstone's Trophy: 2nd round loss to Newport Co(0-2 away)

Best result: 2-0 win away against Carlisle(L1) in the FA cup 3rd Rnd
    Worst result: 0-4 loss away to Aldershot
    Top goalscorer: Ryan Donaldson, 13 (11 in L2)
    Most assists: Elaninho, 12 (11 in L2)
    Highest Average rating: Aristote Nsiala, 7.19 (7.19 in L1)

2012-13 Season Review:

A pretty average season. Not much excitement about the league position. I was in the middle of the pack from start to finish. However our cup runs gave some great moments this season. In the carling Cup we went up 1-0 efter ten minutes, but got our asses handed to us the last 20 minutes, and lost 2-1 away to Birmingham. The FA cup gave us wins against Carlisle(L1) and Newport Co. We drew Fulham in the 4th round. Earning around 400K in tickets and TV revenues. So my finances are more stable than ever :-)

Player of the season:

Aristote Nsiala - D LC - Still the rock of the defense which once again played well over the course of the season

Other Key Players

Loris Karius - GK - 19 clean sheets in the league. Although his ratings are still low, he delivers big.

Elaninho - M/AM RL - Speedy dribbler on the wing. Also the teams' set piece taker and integral part of the team in his first full season.

Ryan Donaldson - AM/S C - Not as important as the other seasons. A couple of injuries made life difficult. He did have some important goals though.

2013-14 Season Preview:

I would like to get a couple of players for the wide positions. With 3-4 decent to good additions I feel we're able to compete for promotion through playoffs. It's gonna be an exciting offseason.

Last edited by Muggert; 09-11-2011 at 19:28.

Amateur

Hmm when do you get Team of the Season normally? im at 1st July and nothing for the last season yet?

Amateur

#26 - JSAR - End of Season Report 2013/2014 Season

An Amazing Season, after a slow start, including 9 loses in a row in my friendlies, we went onto to rock the BSP winning 28 Games, drawing 9 and losing 9. Depsite this the Squad managed to make the last month or so interesting with a 5 game losing streak including a 6-1 and a 4-1 trashing. We picked it up in the last 3 games though and went onto win the last game of the season 6-0 securing us the BSP title and Promotion.

League
    Past Positions
    1st Palce

Cups
    FA Cup 3rd round knocked out 2-1 by West Ham
    FA Trophy -Lost to Wrexham in the Semi Finals

Transfers/Players
    I bought a few players in for the step up to the BSP but these are the ones that really made the difference

Daragh McNamara
    Matthias Fanimo
    Emmanuel Mendy
    Conrad Logan
    Chris Turner

Goals for this Season
    The board have given me a massive 1k on my wage budget taking it to 6.75k for the season so think signing any new players for L2 is going to be pretty tough so think this season is going to be a massive struggle.

Semi Pro

#86 - Gilbster - 2015/16 BSP North Ferriby End of Season Update

Table | Positions

Start of the season saw me unable to sign many players as per usual, and with a fair amount leaving in hte close season, I was left with a weaker squad than before. This lead to the first 4 games of the season being losses, and I couldnt shake the feeling that I was unofficially in a relgation fight all season.

I was given a parent club of Scunthorpe and when my scouts suggests some Scunthorpe players, I managed to get them in on a short term loan. At the point that I wanted to renew their loans, though, I was under a transfer embargo while a consortium took over the club. By some miracle not only did they keep me on, but I got a marginal increase of wage budget, which I have since gone too far over but nothing vetoed. This meant that the second half of the season, our form was a bit stronger, and ultimately not an awful position in the league.

I am marginally worried by the really big long term loan the club have taken out to sort the debt out, and the board are regularly providing cash injections which will be helpful.

Aims:
    Top half finish
    More consistency
    Perhaps 1 or 2 more key signings

Career So Far

Code:

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
    2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
    2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
    2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
    2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R

Amateur

#26 - JSAR - End of Season Report 2013/2014 Season

An Amazing Season, after a slow start, including 9 loses in a row in my friendlies, we went onto to rock the BSP winning 28 Games, drawing 9 and losing 9. Depsite this the Squad managed to make the last month or so interesting with a 5 game losing streak including a 6-1 and a 4-1 trashing. We picked it up in the last 3 games though and went onto win the last game of the season 6-0 securing us the BSP title and Promotion.

League
    Past Positions
    1st Palce

Cups
    FA Cup 3rd round knocked out 2-1 by West Ham
    FA Trophy -Lost to Wrexham in the Semi Finals

Transfers/Players
    I bought a few players in for the step up to the BSP but these are the ones that really made the difference

Daragh McNamara
    Matthias Fanimo
    Emmanuel Mendy
    Conrad Logan
    Chris Turner

Goals for this Season
    The board have given me a massive 1k on my wage budget taking it to 6.75k for the season so think signing any new players for L2 is going to be pretty tough so think this season is going to be a massive struggle.

Yup no wages for me think im gonna have to do some smart loaning to make it through this season or just get lucky with some players and their wage expectations!

Reserves

Starting Post for me - late to the party as usual

Ed Bod, Tooting & Mitcham manager

Amateur

Damn my Rubbish wage budget he is willing to sign for me and i cant afford him!!

Part-Timer

Yup no wages for me think im gonna have to do some smart loaning to make it through this season or just get lucky with some players and their wage expectations!
    I found i just had to let players carry on on PT contracts, just couldn't get players in on what i thought of as reasonable wages, that includes my own players at the club. Mind you i had a wage limit of 7.6K and had only been spending 5.2K of it.
    My german scout has thrown up loads of 'promising' players mostly germans and a few italians. Typical that they are nearly all CM's, the one area where i am already strong - im loath to not sign such great players but i think i might have to.

Amateur

Default #99 - menace- Hitchin Town Season Review

Hitchin Town Season Review 2014/15 - BSP

Prediction: 24th
    Finish: 13th

Table | Profile | Transfers | Squad | Boardroom | Confidence

Great season for the canaries this year. A comfortable mid table finish with two excellent cup runs helping to wipe the clubs debt and put us in the black for the first time since my third month in charge!

Had a great run to the 5th round of the fa cup beating Norwich in the 4th round 3-2 with a latish winner having been 2-0 up at half time and then went on to face Stoke (eventual winners) at the Britannia, losing 4-1.

Followed up by winning the FA trophy at the end of the season after nearly a month without fixtures? weird...

had so many games in such a short space of time due to cup runs and postponements that it was difficult to get higher up the league, but happy with where we are.

Signed a few decent youngsters that hopefully will mean a push for the play off place or maybe even better who knows.

have to say, really been enjoying my days off! a lot of fm has been played!!!

p.s seem to have this thing where if i approach a player and he doesnt want to come if i scout him again, he's intrested it seems to work with most players even the big ones... if only......

Amateur

Grats on the promotion jsar and good luck Gilbster on the new season. Hopefully this one can be a little better in performance Nice finish my fellow Hitchin-er, Menace, solid mid table and good finances too & grats on securing the FA Trophy. Good luck next season.

Just beat 18th place Hendon in a very interesting 1v0 game after having 1 of our players sent off early, only for us to snatch it late on. We're climbing the table and six wins on the trot (inc 3 FA Cup games) has seriously got the team going strong. Undefeated since our second game of the season (12 games) puts us in a promising position with good signs ahead. The complete squad overhaul really paid off - not financially mind. The FA cup is providing some well needed extra cash, (£20k or so in those three games I suspect?). Hopefully we can get a little further too for the extra cash.
    Last edited by DeadPanda; 09-11-2011 at 20:30.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPanda View Post
    Grats on the promotion jsar and good luck Gilbster on the new season. Hopefully this one can be a little better in performance

Just beat 18th place Hendon in a very interesting 1v0 game after having 1 of our players sent off early, only for us to snatch it late on. We're climbing the table and six wins on the trot (inc 3 FA Cup games) has seriously got the team going strong. Undefeated since our second game of the season (12 games) puts us in a promising position with good signs ahead. The complete squad overhaul really paid off - not financially mind. The FA cup is providing some well needed extra cash, (£20k or so in those three games I suspect?). Hopefully we can get a little further too for the extra cash.
    Good job DeadPanda, if you can make it onto the tv in the FA cup you'll make a fortune, sounds like some very shrewd transfer dealings leading the canaries on a title hunt!

Amateur

Good job DeadPanda, if you can make it onto the tv in the FA cup you'll make a fortune, sounds like some very shrewd transfer dealings leading the canaries on a title hunt!
    Some that stretched us, but worth it even if the board do keep complaining! aha. Just one tv appearance would be nice, along with the cash obviously.

Amateur

My team is slowly getting there, I really need more quality coming out of my Youth team, I might take over a few of their games towards the end of the season (Not against the rules of the challenge is it?)

Reserves

Managed to beat L2 Crewe in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup.. drawn at home to Chelsea! Disappointing not to be at Stamford Bridge but I'll settle for it. Now to keep the score respectable.

Amateur

Just won my first ever, and I mean EVER, Goal of the Month award on FM or CM. We're talking over 100 seasons over the last decade, easily. I'm not kidding either.

Semi Pro

#17 spankie - St Albans City Season 2 BSS 2013-2014
    Table - Squad - Transfers

A very good season overall, we were confirmed Champions after winning my 100th game in charge. We also got 100 points and scored 100 league goals, which is a remarkable coincidence.

Highlights of the season included getting to the first round of the FA Cup, beating BSN leaders Altrincham 7-0 away in the first leg of the FA Trophy Semi Final and winning the FA Trophy 1-0 against a strong BSP Newport County side.
    Lowlights were the injuries. At one time 2 first team strikers were out with torn hamstrings and after they cam back another striker tore his calf and only started full training a few days before the FA Trophy final. One of the strikers with a torn thight muscle was injured 3 or 4 more times and playes 16 league games.

The squad is fairly bloated with quite a few players brought early in the first season and were soon found out to be not as full of potential as I thought. Most, if not all, of them will go in the summer when their contracts run out. I've got a few back up players who are decent but are asking too much money to renew their contracts. I also intend to see if I can shift a few under contract players out to get some cash into the club including the injury prone striker, I should be able to get some money for them.

Notable Players

Ashley Eastham - good defender and a danger at set pieces and fans player of the year.
    Chris Shaw - deadly at taking corners.
    Ryan Johnson - unlucky that he didn't play in more games. He was a loanee last season and I used the remaining transfer budget from last season to buy him. Hayes and Yeading do aslso have a very hefty sell on fee clause of 50%
    Simon Hegarty - joined on a Bosman in January. I hope that he starts to settle in next season as he should be a great little deep lying playmaker.

The finances could be better. I had a £180k cash injection and the gate and TV receipts from the FA Trophy final but I'm still at least £100k in the red.

Aims for next season
    1. Squad clear out - try to get to around 22 first team squad players.
    2. Get the 3 or 4 players promoted from U18s out on loan to clubs where they will play.
    3. Avoid relegation.

Amateur

Hope I'm not to late to join the party.

In my world the new manager of Northwich Victoria is the illustrious dust Shadow: http://i.imgur.com/Oepg4.png
    I had a good save some years ago when they were still a Conference outfit, so I'd like to bring the Trickies back where they belong and maybe even higher.

Last edited by dustShadowX; 09-11-2011 at 22:07.

Amateur

Its never too late, dustshadow. Good luck with your challenge.

Drew. FC United. Coca Cola League Two. 2014/2015.

Table - After last seasons promotion, I was looking forward to maybe finishing around 13th-18th, but WOW! Never did I think that we'd get a third sucessive promotion, we were solid at the back, but didn't score too much, which resulted in a lot of draws for us, but hey, promotion is promotion.

Graph - Consistently in the top 10, but it wasn't until the last few games that we were able to make a push for the automatic places.

The Squad - Quite a few players came in during the summer, mostly trials that came in from Europe, for example, Yannik Heinrichs took over as the number one goalie, and had a very impressive season, very commanding between the posts; Lubomir Michalik arrived after his release from Carlisle, and his experience proved invaluable, I have him contracted for another season, so that will leave me with a lot of time to find a long term replacement; Boris Dubrongo was a monster on the right, proving to be a massive threat to other teams' back four, chipped in with a few goals and assists; Kudus Oyenuga continued what he did last season, banging in goals, I don't think he'll be up to League One standard so I'll look to bring in another striker in.

Transfers

Finances - The F.A. Cup once again proved to be a major source of revenue for this season.

Me

Aims for next season:

The teams in League One don't look to be that strong, so it'll be similar to League Two, so, with the addition of a few quality signings, I feel that we'll be able to hit the top 6 at least.

Semi Pro

Never had a penny from my board, either at Worksop or at Harrow Borough, in almost ten seasons, now....

Amateur

Currently in January in my first Championship season, sitting in a Play-Off place but we are struggling against the teams around us

Amateur

Just got drawn against Tottenham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (should we beat Morecambe in the replay), away too. Would be nice to go to White Hart Lane... Mind you, the players condition is dropping rapidly. Rest days arent necessarily cutting it with all the fixture congestion thanks to cup matches and replays.

Semi Pro

Well my first friendy in the BSP was a shocker against EPL Sunderland.

I mean it was a shocker for Sunderland as we won 6-1
    Hat-trick hero Steve Turner was signed at the end of last season and briefly went into the U18s. I think that I might have to seriously think about whether I need to sign any of the other strikers I have on trial.

Amateur

Default #77 Eman - Hendon - Season 2

Hendon - Blue Square Bet South - Winners - 2013-14

Great improvement on last season, managing to maintain first in the league from the end of September onwards, and as a result of this I also won manager of the season.

My centre backs Boakye and Bolger had pretty good seasons at both ends of the pitch, scoring 17 goals between them, whilst the team conceded 39 goals in the league. The wingers were probably the other key performers, especially Wright, who bagged 20 goals in all competitions.

Nothing really to speak of in the cups again getting knocked out of the fa cup in the first round and the fa trophy in the 3rd.

Unfortunately finances are still pretty terrible, firmly in the red, and the wage budget has actually been reduced by 200pw to 2.3k, although this is prior to pre season expectations. Probably gonna need to do better in the cups next year to try and help the situation, but I'm a bit worried about having the players to do well in the league on this budget.

Table - Past Positions - Squad - Fixtures 1 2 3 - Transfers

Amateur

Just got drawn against Tottenham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup (should we beat Morecambe in the replay), away too. Would be nice to go to White Hart Lane... Mind you, the players condition is dropping rapidly. Rest days arent necessarily cutting it with all the fixture congestion thanks to cup matches and replays.
    0v0 at half time against the League 1 side was good and we looked in good shape, but the second half proved tougher on our weakened legs but we snatched a goal on the 60th, only for them to get one straight back. Their goal saw the play shift and we looked like losing, but extra time came along and we only went and won it with sub Lavery coming on after a few months out (broken foot) to seal the win and our trip to White Hart Line, as well as a healthy cash boost of £27.5k. That will pay the wages for the month.

Amateur

Canvey Island Season Update 1 - 2012/2013 Blue Square South

Well after a pretty rough first 6 months, where I even considered restarting, we rallied to finish mid-table in 9th.

I went through a ton of players it seemed, very few of real worth.

Went out of the FA cup at the 3rd qualifying round to Bromley, and the 2nd round in the FA Trophy to Sutton Utd. So not much happening there either.

A bit of a strange one at the end of the season too. As I went to resign most of my players, they would only sign on non-contract basis. This has led to most of them being poached at the start of this season, and nothing I could do would get them to resign.

Along the lines of what has been mentioned earlier, my rep has dropped drastically, despite being named as the overachievers in the league this year. This seems to have led to the fact that most players that I didn't even feel were good enough last season, now won't even consider signing for me. So this season looks like being an even bigger struggle. I can see this being a game ender folks... :mad:

Goals for next season - Survival!!!!
    Last edited by ScottishSteven; 11-11-2011 at 01:27.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Never had a penny from my board, either at Worksop or at Harrow Borough, in almost ten seasons, now....
    i didnt until now when i got promoted and just got a 100k injection

Amateur

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    lol, good signing!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    Great signing. Wayne would love it here, such a boring old market town!

I'm hoping to do something similar with my save, I wanna bring jack wilshere to his home town team, have as captain the day we lift the champions league trophy!

Amateur

Just had my first job link. Obviously, I will be distancing myself.

GreyedOutMan, please see post #2257 for my 2nd season report.
    Last edited by DarrenP; 10-11-2011 at 11:41.

Part-Timer

@Ghoulies - Just had chrome pop up a warning that footballcrests.com has been detected to contain malware - might want to consider a different source for your club logo

Amateur

Has anyone got a kit download pack for this?

Part-Timer

So frustrating, not playing an attackign tactic but keep dominating games only to get a 1-0 loss grrrrrr

My strikers have good stats, including good composure, but in L2 they seem to have decided to create golden opportuniites only to fluff them

COME ON BURY SORT YASELF OUT!!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenP View Post

Sorry I should have mentioned - we are looking into easier ways of doing the table because with so many entrants the updates are starting to take far too long! Will let you know when this has been explored.

Amateur

Gonna be a tight end of season for me, hopefully Hendon will be in the Premier League!
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 10-11-2011 at 13:32.

Semi Pro

Down with Hendon!

Part-Timer

Today i am officially sick of this game, dominating game after game, and losing can't buy a win!!!!!!!

Amateur

Default #59 Tapwater - Wingate & Finchley

Wingate & Finchley | Season 2012 - 13

League Table | Graph

What a season for The Blues! Managed to squeeze into the playoff @ last game of the season. Won the promotion all thanks to my star player! However, I am quite fearful to go up to BSBP in this state and get relegated next season.

FA Cup

Reached 1st round and hope to get more $ from the cup run next season.

FA Trophy

Did not perform as well for this cup, hope to get better result next season.

Squad
    | Finances

Totally in the red! Almost 400k, spend too much on wage even i kept within the limit. Had to free-xfer 2 x high wage for better players. Tried something different this time round with contract offer - I actually offered 2-3 yrs contract to players that might be suitable for beyond BSP.

Really need to introduce my star player - Islam Salame
    He single-handedly carried the team 33 goals with 36 league appearances, not to speak he top both assist and goal in team. He is top scorer for league as well. Glad I sign him for 2 yrs and hope he can carry on with this in BSP

Goal for next season!

• Avoid relegation as I felt that the squad might not be prepared for BSP.
    • Need to work on $ as I dun think I can carry on far with this kind of expenses.
    • Good cup run!
    Season Division Pos FA Cup Other Cup Achievements
    2012/13 BSS 5th (Winner in play off) Lost in 1st Rnd (v Horsham) FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Rnd (v Kingstonian) Won Promotion!

Last edited by tapwater; 10-11-2011 at 14:05. Reason: Added table for future post

Part-Timer

Hey greyed out man.

Im number 42, and i think i have been putting 41 for some of my updates apologies.

basics are that i am now in L2 after coming in second in my second season in BSP and winning playoffs and fa trophy.

Code:
       Year                Division                          Position                    Other achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13              Blue Square North                    2nd                        Playoff Winners
    2013/14              Blue Square Premier                  9th                       9th Place, FA Cup 1st round (Oldham)
    2014/15              Blue Square Premier                 2nd                        Playoff Winners, Fa Trophy Winners
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-11-2011 at 14:26.

Amateur

END OF SEASON

HENDON F.C - Season 2024/25
    League Table | Squad | Transfer In / Out

Well, what a season. I found quite a few Under 21's available on free transfers so I signed them up, a few of my players were sold which helped us financially plus our groundshare with QPR also gave us extra income at the start of the season. I am going to invest in my facilities so we can have one of the best Youth set ups in the Country but that's going to take a few years. I am hoping in the next 6 or 7 seasons I can have a full Hendon grown squad to pick from. Also we are due an extra 6387 seats installed into our ground which is currently 6113 giving us an overall capacity of 12500, whilst this is being built we will groundshare at Craven Cottage, nice bit of money to start the season with!

Code:
    Season      Division                    Position        Cups
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
    2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
    2020/21     npower League 2             1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT Semi-Finals
    2021/22     npower League 1            15th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
    2022/23     npower League 1            14th             F.A Cup Semi Finals, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 2nd Rnd
    2023/24     npower League 1             1st             F.A Cup 4th Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd
    2024/25     npower Championship         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, Carling Cup 3rd Rnd
    Next Season Targets

*Survive in Premiership
    *Get to a Cup Final and maybe Euro Qualification
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 10-11-2011 at 16:22.

Amateur

Well done BHTFC!

Semi Pro

Harrow Borough | Season 2014/15 | Blue Square South

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

After a decent start, we had a poor run going into the new year putting us seemingly out of the realistic running for automatic promotion again. Then, out of nowhere, Jamie Tank went and signed for Hednesford. There was no build up, no news that he had accepted a deal, he just left on January 7th out of the blue! Luckily Jamie McCormack was on fantastic form and new signing Josh Williams was doing quite well. Then two key dates defined my season. On 10th January, we beat leaders Farnborough to go top of the league. From then on we fought really hard for promotion. On 14th March, I found myself 3 points behind then leaders Eastleigh, but unfortunately then lost comprehensively to them that day, and it looked like the chance of automatic promotion was gone.

Or was it? Four points behind with three games to go, suddenly Eastleigh lost a game, to lowly Chelmsford. Unfortunately at the same time, we desperately searched for but couldnt find a winner at Staines, and what seemed to be our last chance had gone. Three points behind with two games left but an inferior goal difference meant that realistically it looked completely over. And it was. But not without another twist. In the next game, half an hour in, I went 1-0 up, whilst Eastleigh were losing 1-0 at home to Staines, the team I had just dropped points against. Suddenly it was back on, and though our goal difference was vastly inferior still, it would mean a genuine chance on the last day. Going into half time, my lead had trebled, and Staines were still leading at Eastleigh. Our result secure, my eyes were glued to the score at Eastleigh for the entire 2nd half. Ten minutes to go, no change. Five to go, still we were locked on 90 points each. Realistically, a draw for Eastleigh wouldnt make much difference as the chances of them losing and Harrow drawing the last game were slim, but it felt huge nonetheless when the final whistles went and we were going into the last day on 90 points apiece. A goal difference lead of 17 for Eastleigh meant that simply we had to better their result. It wasnt in our hands, but it was certainly possible. I had planned to rest players on the last day, assuming that 2nd place would be secure but first beyond us. Of course, that changed completely the moment the final whistle went at Staines v Eastleigh. However, it wasnt to be. Eastleigh were 3-1 up at half time, and my players lost their fight in the 2nd half, knowing that even a winner wouldn't make any difference, and ended up drawing with Chelmsford.

The first, away leg of the playoff semi-final was a game of nine ninths. Eight dominated by us, and we led 2-0 with 10 minutes to go. However, we contrived to throw all this good work away by conceding twice in the last ten minutes to make the second leg a nail-biter at Earlsmead. In fact, it wasnt too bad - we scored quite early on and a second goal 10 minutes before the end rendered another late goal from Bath irrelevant. Ebbsfleet awaited in the final. This was the result, and what a relief it was!

Cup runs this year were annoying...the game against Hayes and Yeading was very close and we pushed hard for a 2nd round place, and the Cambridge defeat was not as bad as it looks - it was 0-0 with just 10 minutes to go.

Key Players
    Matthew Patterson* - another season of free-scoring fun from Mat-Pat.
    Jamie McCormack - after the dramatic loss of Tank, he really stepped up and had a great season.
    Martin Carroll - not as naturally talented as Dadoo, but forced his way into the side ahead of him with sheer weight of performances.
    Gerardo Bruna - great signing, was a key player.
    Christian Nanetti - in some ways eclipsing his more illustrious partner on the other wing - 25 assists is amazing!

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year
    The historical best XI

I also won the Manager of the Season award.

Next season, survival is the be-all and the end-all. A cup run would be nice but if it's looking tight down at the bottom, I might well rest players in the cups.

Targets for 2014/15
    Push for an automatic promotion place. SUCCESS - I didnt get the automatic place but it was very close and I did eventually get promoted!
    Keep the squad together. SUCCESS - just about - some hairy moments, especially losing Tank without warning. But most of my key players have signed contract extensions.
    Keep wages under control as the squad is pretty good now. SUCCESS - my finances have started to flatline after going steadily downwards for ages. Smaller squad was the secret!

Targets for 2015/16
    Survival
    Get in a couple of League 2 level players
    Put pressure on the board to make us into a bigger club by extending coaching facilities/scouting networks etc - and this starteed in May without my even having to ask, with the board deciding to build a new stadium. This will hamper my finances seriously for a few years, costing £4.1m or rather £11k a month for 15 years, but Harrow Stadium will hopefully prove expandable and thus not simply a money-sink.

In other news, Chelsea retained the Premiership title, whilst unbelievably, Huddersfield won the FA Cup for the first time since 1922. Man Utd lost to Real Madrid in the Champions League final in Lisbon.

Code:
    Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13	    Blue Square South         17th      45       Stayed clear of relegation.
    2013/14	    Blue Square South          3rd      80       Playoff runners-up.
    2014/15	    Blue Square South          2nd      91       Promoted via playoffs.
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 10-11-2011 at 17:55.

Amateur

Gave up on my Chester game, still playing the saved game though, will return to the challenge at some point, good luck with those still playing

Part-Timer

Well done GOM and Dan BHTFC on your promotions.

Amateur

Just about to start my first season in the top flight, not looking forward to it!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenP View Post

Funny that, because I got linked (and offered) for the very same job aha.

@Dan - good luck in the Prem, im sure a long season awaits.

Amateur

Funny that, because I got linked (and offered) for the very same job aha.

@Dan - good luck in the Prem, im sure a long season awaits.
    I'll take 17th I think!

Part-Timer

My chairman has just sold my best full-back for £1.7m (After selling our best midfielder for £850k last season). Not a smart move as we're in the running for a playoff place in the Championship!

Amateur

Amateur

I'm restarting this (if it isn't a problem and I'm allowed), I just couldn't get into it with FC United, I don't know why. Not sure which team yet, just gunna keep reloading 'till someone takes my fancy.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    My chairman has just sold my best full-back for £1.7m (After selling our best midfielder for £850k last season). Not a smart move as we're in the running for a playoff place in the Championship!
    Typical greedy chairman. That annoys me so much, but I guess it's something you have to deal with Good luck without him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan BHTFC View Post
    I'll take 17th I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan BHTFC View Post
    Be happy witth 17th now? aha. Fantastic win, though. More of the same and I'm sure you'll stay in the top flight.

Part-Timer

The team has really struggled this season, looked poor in defence and cant score so i've imported my tactics from last year and tweaked it a bit as the players aren't at the same high standard. Its beginning to pay dividends though as results have picked up.

Semi Pro

#86 - Gilbster - North Ferriby - BSP - 2016/17 End of Season Update

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfers | Finances

During the summer, I was offered my first real money transfer for a player, which I turned down as he had been my start goalie for years. However the day after the transfer window and a few weeks after that he complained bitterly about wanting to move to a larger club, wanting to be allowed to talk to other clubs etc.. so I offered him out, and got £50k for him in the January window. I then spent a couple of months trying to find a half decent replacement. What really worried me was that we had an amazing run of form to start the season, as I just hoped the first half would be enough to keep us in a decent position.

I was even allowed to change my season expectations in January as I was performing so well, so I picked the next one up, just as it gave me more wage budget, and didnt put too much more pressure on me. I promised mid-table, and I'd like to think the board and supporters will be happy with my final position.

Unforunately our cup form wasnt anyhwere near as good as I would have liked, and Boston Utd (BSN) knocked me out of both competitions.

Overall a really good season, who wouldnt be happy with automatic promotion, and very few losses.

Aims:

Replace original ass man with anyone better
    Dont go into too much debt with professional contracts, presuming we do turn pro
    Get in a few more stronger players, but not to disrupt the squad too much
    Dont get relegated!!!!

Career So Far

Code:

2012/13   BSN         5th     1st R       FAT 1st R              Promoted via Playoffs
    2013/14   BSP         16th    4th QR      FAT 3rd R
    2014/15   BSP         12th    2nd R       FAT QF Replay
    2015/16   BSP         15th    1st R       FAT 1st R
    2016/17   BSP         1st     4th QR      FAT 3rd R              Champions and Promoted!

Part-Timer

ALMOST BROKE THE GAME AND MY LAPTOP HERE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lost 1-0 after dominating from start to finish. I HATE THIS GAME SOMETIMES GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR/

/Rant and end of FM for the night!!

Amateur

Here's my new profile, Worksop Town are on the up.
    Last edited by dinthead; 10-11-2011 at 22:29.

Semi Pro

Reputation is seriously messed up this year. I've been promoted to the BSP now but my reputation is not only below every team in the BSN and BSS, but also below many teams below that - and indeed many teams who arent even in the level below the BSN/BSS and thus available for this challenge such as Concord Rangers....

Amateur

#104 bennyd81| Marine AFC | Season 2011/12 | Blue Square South

Final Table
    Play Off Final

A dramatic season, which finished in the most dramatic of ways a penalty shoo out victory in the play off final. I was comfortably the top scoring team in the league, but shipped too many goals at the back to challenge AFC Telford at any point. Still a very good season, as mid-table safety had been my aim at the start.

Key Players
    Ben Williamson - The Blue Square North player of the year and top scorer. Previously at Port Vale, I bought him in on a free at the start of the year. With 29 league goals and 11 assists, easily my best player.

Stefan Oakes - Bought in as my player/coach to provide some extra class to my midfield. Even at 35 he bossed games at this level, contributing 23 assists to his team mates.

Cameron Lancaster - Previously of Tottenham's youth set up, Lancaster arrived in January, and formed a lethal partnership with Williamson in the second half of the season.

I was also able to win Manager of the Season

Aims for next Season
    Survive my first year in the Blue Square Premier
    Build the base of a side, in preparation for a play off push next season
    Stay financially viable during the boards planned stadium expansion

Code:

2012/13   BSN         2nd     1st R       FAT 3rd Qual              Promoted via Playoffs
    Last edited by bennyd81; 10-11-2011 at 22:24.

Amateur

GET IN. Stockport just lost and i'm still to play tomorrow!! come on boys!

Bummer, we lost too
    will have to see what the final day has in store

Looks like if i'm to go up it's via the playoffs after a win on the final day wasn't enough

This game is putting me through the ringer! tight in the semi final play off !

After having rejected plymouths approach for me as manager on the day of the fa trophy final we go on to lose to crewe and are unable to defend our trophy, just days before facing them again in the play off final.

Fortunately it's second time lucky as we ensure promotion! Bit tense after their second!
    Last edited by menace-; 10-11-2011 at 23:53.

Amateur

Grats Menace on the promotion! League football. Yum.

It's been a strange season for me. Our second year is looking promising as we head towards the end of the season. We got off a little slow initially, but soon ignited and we were quite literally unbeatable in the league for some considerable time and when we did lose, it would only be our second defeat in what is now 29 games. But it feels a lot harder than a coast in the park as it appears, with a lot of narrower wins in the first half of the season and 11 draws, not to mention the cups that wore us down. It's been a massive turnaround on last year and its nice to see our strikers scoring more this side of the season. We remain 2nd behind Salisbury who have won 20 and drawn 5 in their 30 games. Here's hoping our end of year push will snatch it off them for automatic promotion!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Reputation is seriously messed up this year. I've been promoted to the BSP now but my reputation is not only below every team in the BSN and BSS, but also below many teams below that - and indeed many teams who arent even in the level below the BSN/BSS and thus available for this challenge such as Concord Rangers....
    Like I mentioned earlier, it's really got me doubting about whether or not to continue on for now, or go back to my FM11 save for a while. No word from Stu on it yet either, as I'm sure this isn't going to be an easy fix. :/

Amateur

I was worried that I was going to struggle in L2.... not anymore!

Poor Bristol Rovers, the keeper had a shocker - Linky!

This was Gareth Kearneys debut ;>

Semi Pro

(13)

CityAndColour - Canvey Island - 2016/17 - BSP

Final Table (8th)

Certainly a successful season. Started well, had a blip which pushed me towards the bottom four, but rescued it for a top-half finish, with five straight wins to finish the season pushing me up from 16th to 8th.

I actually had the second best defensive record in the league, the best goal difference outside the top two and only two teams lost less games than we did. However I also had the most draws and it was the inability to turn a point into three which cost me a playoff spot. Still, I can't remember many sides outplaying me and I had some big away wins (Stockport, Darlington, Crewe, Burton and Bury) to show I can mix it with the professional clubs.

Cups

FA Cup - Lost 0-3 at L1 side Charlton in the 1st Round, after taking them to a replay.
    FA Trophy - Lost 0-2 at BSN side Welling in the 1st round. Disappointing but was right in the middle of my worst patch of the season.

Key Players

I'd list my whole first team squad if I could, as no one let me down and all my key players made the step up easily.

Simon Parmenter - Was very solid in his first season as captain, and continues to develop as a quality centre-half.

Carl Barrett - Had a very good first season at the club, although a few injury issues.

Karim Annan - Didn't join until late January but was electric when he did after a successful trial. He is a right-footed left winger which let to him cutting in to devastating effect, and he scored some belting goals - here and here.

Paul Goodyear - Youth product found the step up fairly comfortable, and notched 13 league assists playing mainly down the right.

Laurence Benjamin - Another who didn't have any issue with the step up, playing on the left and up front. Marked his 150th club appearance with a goal.

Jack Harper - I played him in a deeper role due to his lack of pace, and he responded with numerous assists while still scoring semi-regularly. Yet to miss a penalty for the club in three seasons.

Darren Thomas - Released from the Everton youth team, he was my top scorer playing next to Harper in an advanced role.

Next season...

I'm eyeing off a playoff spot but another top ten finish would be a great follow-up. Improving home form is key too, as my away form was as good as I failed to win 14 of my 23 fixtures at Park Lane (9-9-5).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 - 9th Blue Square South
    2013/14 - 2nd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)
    2014/15 - 3rd Blue Square South (lost in playoff semis)
    2015/16 - 1st Blue Square South (promoted as champions)
    2016/17 - 8th Blue Square Premier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast