+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 3510

Thread: dafuge's FM12 challenge

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

FC United of Manchester
    Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square North
    Preseason - Media Prediction: 16th
    The Journey Begins

Swinburn returns to FC United for the third time. After my success in the last few seasons, FC United is starting to feel like home. The board wanted me to avoid relegation, so I went just that little bit higher with my personal expectation. I forgot to screenshot my club info, and I'm already playing the next season, so I'll remember to do that next time.

The Season
    It started off rough did this season. 10 games in and I was struggling at the bottom… then it clicked. We had a rapid rise and by 31 games, we were top. And after that, we never dropped below it. We got promoted by winning the league, with the help of top performances from Dombaxe, McDermott, Drury and Boateng.
    Blue Square North Table | Position Graph

Transfers (1) (2) | Squad

Confidence | Finances

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year
    Laste Dombax
    Laste Dombax, player of the year. This guy was an absolute revelation, and I doubt we’d have got promoted without him. 20 goals, 14 assists. He was unreal. Played 31 league games and scored 17 in those, largely from AMR. Hope he keeps the form up for the following season.

Top Scorer
    Laste Dombax
    See above.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)
    The rapid rise from bottom to top of the league.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Adam Drury
    Adam was the most consistent player in the side. Played 12 games in the league, scored 12 goals. His overall rating for the season was 7.67 in all competitions. Not as prolific as Dombaxe, but let’s be honest, Dombaxe stole all the goals.

Goal of the Season
    Greg McDermott v Nuneaton

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13         Blue Square North         1th           Promoted - Champions
    Last edited by Swinburn; 03-11-2011 at 10:51.

Part-Timer

Comfortable win against Worcester.. ease through into the FA Cup 4th Round to play..... away to Championship West Ham. Could have been a better draw than that, but at least there's going to be some money in the coffers!

Amateur

Thats a bit unlucky. You'll just need to beat them and play a richer team!!

Part-Timer

Would be incredible if I did! BSS side in the FA cup 4th round having been knocked out at the 2nd round of qualifying the past two seasons is incredible enough...

Part-Timer

Lost 1-0 at West Ham. Not a bad result really, when you think about it.

Part-Timer

What sort of purse did you get dave?

Part-Timer

My team is attempting to do one of the worse collapses i've seen in fm. At the start of feb my top scorer got injured for 7 months, i won the next 2 games to go 1 point behind the leaders and 15 ahead of 6th place.
    now with 3 games to i'm just 5 points ahead of 6th and the playoffs are seeming distant, my strikers can't buy a goal, 3 of my midfielders are out for the season, my wingers form is matching my strikers and the defenders and goalie make individual errors leading to goals every game :mad:

Part-Timer

4 games into my 3rd season (2nd in BSP) and im 9th place, 7 points, and 3 points away from the top.

Havent made many huge signings, and i think i won't as it seems like there is no one who is good enough to replace my current crop of players.

Hoping i can push for promotion/playoffs, but will have to wait and see.

GOOD NEWS is i have played the top 3 already and got 2 wins and a loss from those games

Part-Timer

My ass man has said my team needs 6 points from the last 2 games to guarantee a playoff spot. Considering my recent form is just 2 wins in 13 games and 1 point from the last 5 games this could be very tough

Amateur

Unfortunatly couldnt afford him but this guy so far has been awesome for me 5 goals in 7 games after a hatrick in the last game, and what the hell is he doing at Weymouth!!

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Got a handy 2-2 draw with Championship Leeds in the FA cup 5th round. A replay at Elland road should do wonders for my finances. The fixture congestion won't help my league form though. I'm top of League 2, but it's very close up there.

Amateur

looks like mid table in my first season in League 2

Part-Timer

I'm begining to think there might be a bug in my game, my board keeping putting money in once or twice a month between 30k to 75k. So far this year its topping 800K
    I've gone from 250k in debt to 300k in the black in spite of making no cup progress, its getting quite ridiculous.

Edit: Perhaps the chairman is simply trying to make it look more attractive to future investors since i notice he's 'enjoying life at the club'

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    I'm begining to think there might be a bug in my game, my board keeping putting money in once or twice a month between 30k to 75k. So far this year its topping 800K
    I've gone from 250k in debt to 300k in the black in spite of making no cup progress, its getting quite ridiculous.

Edit: Perhaps the chairman is simply trying to make it look more attractive to future investors since i notice he's 'enjoying life at the club'
    I've had the same thing. It's rare for me not to be in massive debt until the Premiership in this challenge!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    I've had the same thing. It's rare for me not to be in massive debt until the Premiership in this challenge!
    Personally i've never had a board so consistantly put money in, especially since they didn't until the last month of the first 2 seasons

Semi Pro

Offer contract, player wants non-contract terms.

Contract accepted.

Other teams offer player contract.

Offer new contract, player requests non-contract, is "very happy with the offer".

Contract accepted.

Other teams offer player a contract.

Rinse and repeat.

Amateur

Heh, my assistant manager praised me for my half time talk as we turned a game around. Funny thing is I asked him to take it....

Amateur

Number 18 here - reddevil4ever - npower League Two WINNERS - Season 2016-17

An amazing season continuing the good form from last year, with us winning the npower league 2 (graph) with 2 games to go, and having a good run in JPT reaching the South semi final, we also went on an FA Cup run getting to the fourth round losing 1-0 to wolves.

I did a little tinkering with the team signing 9 players, but releasing 14 players over the 2 transfer windows who would no longer feature in my team plans as they weren't good enough doing this also meant we kept under the wage budget. The squad for the season and the best player once again was Mirko Ranieri who again had a good season between the sticks keeping another 22 clean sheets and only conceding 40 goals in 52 appearences.

The finances are also in good shape even with the bank loan for the new stadium that worked started on last season, with the gate receipts and Tv money from the cup runs saw the club finish with a positive bank balance for the second season in a row.
    Last edited by reddevil4ever; 03-11-2011 at 10:48.

Part-Timer

#2 Worksop BSP 2014/15
    The season started slowly but the team soon built up an impressive momentum which took them into the playoffs by halfway. By Feb the team was in 2nd when my top scorer Komora broke his leg. The squad won the next game to go within a point of the top although having played 2 games more and 15 points ahead of 6th with 15 games remaining.
    After that a Devon Loch effort ensued as the strikers didn't look like scoring, the wingers were equally feeble, my best 3 central midfielders were all injured and the defence and goalie had horror shows every game. Drawing the last game i still thought i was in the playoffs until Wrexham scored a 87th min winner to beat me on goal difference.

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd
    FA Trophy - 1st Rd

I made no real cup progress being throughly trashed 3-0 by L1 Colchester in the FA cup and losing to Grimsby in the FA trophy.
    My finances are good all thanks to the board pumping money in although they have cut my wage budget by £700 p/w for next season but given me a transfer budget of 31K

Squad

Transfers

I was actually happy with the squad and the depth at the start of the season.
    Defensively i was very strong as Tank was able to continue his good form.
    In midfield Thomas and Selnaes were a strong pairing although Selnaes fell away by the end of the season and lost motivation quickly.
    Up front Mandron was hopeless and as my highest earner should be better - i've flogged him to Modena for 190K and brought in Scapuzzi for next season. Bijev was brought in to replace Koroma after his leg break but only scored in one game, l will keep him next season in the hope he improves.
    Since none of my wingers will sign new contracts there could be a fair bit of change in the squad next season.

Code:
    Season        League       Position       FA Cup              Other Cups              Europe               Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13        BSN           13th         4th QRd           FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   None
    2013/14        BSN           3rd          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   Promoted via playoffs
    2014/15        BSP           6TH          1st Rd            FA Trophy - 1st Rd           N/A                   None

First Team Squad Member

Time to say goodbye to my life for a while as I take up my yearly attempt at this challenge

Welcome the new manager of Kingstonian

Part-Timer

Oh, lower leagues. <3

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post
    Welcome the new manager of Kingstonian
    Best of luck.

Part-Timer

Thats odd, i've got some players whose youth contracts have expired, they haven't left the club but have moved onto FT training. Might keep them around to see if they improve a lot since the rest of my side are on PT contracts

Semi Pro

You guys must stop playing FM so I can keep up!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Loving it! Got quite a bit of those myself... I'm the defending team, and if you can't make out what happens after they hit the bar; my own defender trying to clear the ball TOWARDS the goal and hitting the bar before it's pinball time....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Heh, my assistant manager praised me for my half time talk as we turned a game around. Funny thing is I asked him to take it....
    He's trying to tell you something for future matches.....ie...keep your yap shut!

Amateur

Just wondering have any of you guys managed to get a work permit for a player because all mine get turned down ??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Good Luck !

Amateur

END OF SEASON

HENDON F.C - Season 2019/20
    League Table | Squad Transfers In / Out

I wanted to stay in the League but we finished just short of a Play-Off place. We were inconsistent most of the season but I am more than happy with our final positioning. We were disappointing in the cup competitions, hopefully we can do better next season

Code:
    Season      Division                    Position        Cups
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
    2019/20     npower League 2             9th             F.A Cup 3rd Rnd, Carling Cup 1st Rnd, JPT 1st Rnd

Part-Timer

Looks like some solid progress there Dan BHTFC, a tighter defence to turn the losses in wins and you could be easily win the league

Amateur

Yeah, I seem to concede too many goals, I just lack form halfway through the season

Part-Timer

Just realised i can sign some extra staff and looked at a few foreign ones, i was amazed at the level of knowledge they have of countries compared to last years fm.
    I reckon you could actually get 100% knowledge at top clubs

Part-Timer

Still dreaming!

Nail bitting stuff but when they miss the pen at least I was in my house to have some dignity left with the celebrations I did

Amateur

Cracking Find Daragh McNamara, Only on a loan as i could afford what they wanted for him! But the real question is what the hell is he doing at weymouth who play in the southern premier!!!

Amateur

Default FC United

Wish me luck. Profile

Amateur

Finally up from the BSS after 3 seasons with Weymouth! Won the league though I somehow feel like I missed out on the playoffs pay day! My cup runs are rubbish, so my finances are very small, but still in the black!

I've signed some very good youngsters over the 3 seasons thanks to my coaches, so going to have to put faith in them to keep me up, as I have no transfer funds and a wage budget of 3k!

I don't know why I was so succesful in the league last year, as it was pretty much the same team that finished 10th the season before. Perhaps it was moving over to a very basic tactic, or my youngsters coming of age, or maybe both.

Anyway, onward and upward!

EDIT: Still can't sign any players on a non contract? What's up with that? Board restriction? There is never the option to do it.

Semi Pro

#86 - Gilbster - AFC Hornchurch - BSS - 2014/15 End of Season Playoff

Table | Positions | Squad | Transfer | Finances

It is seasons like this one where I really don't understand football or FM12! However I am not really complaining!

After the nightmare of last season, where we narrowly avoided relegation on last day of the season, I let a fair few players ago, and freed up some wage budget. I also had a look on my player search screen for amateur players, figuring if there were any, I may be able to sign them on non contracts and save money. Half of that was a good idea, I found players but I cant sign anyone on a Non Contract. However I did find Eric Keane who I managed to poach from Kilmarnock, and he turned into the star of my season. I also managed to find a few other Irish players who were good for the league and were available for cheap wages, which gave my squad a lot more depth than the previous time round.

I also think that my scouts and staff were finding a marginally better quality of player that could be afforded, so despite being awful the past 2 seasons I think my rep had improved slightly. Either way it made for a much more pleasurable season.

We managed a fantastic run to the first round of the FA Cup, where we were thrashed by MK Dons, but we did beat Ebsfleet of the BSP in the 4th Qualifying round. We also managed to get to the first round of the FA Trophy, so had a couple of really good cup runs.

Our league for was fairly consistent we were generally either winning or losing, and not much draws, and as a result, we were getting points but also lost far too many games. However with a few games to go I realised it was mathematically still possible to get into the playoffs, although I would have been delighted with mid table, after my past 2 seasons. It went down to the last game of the season, where we needed results to go our way, including Bromley to draw or lose and us to win. Amazingly things went AFC Hornchurches way and we made it to the playoffs in 5th place.

First up was Salisbury who finished 2nd, and who we had only beaten once before.
    Leg 1 AFC Hornchurch 2-1 Salsbury
    Leg 2 Salsbury 2-2 AFC Hornchurch

I couldnt believe it to be honest, we got to the play off finals. It was against Dartford who we hadnt beaten in the previous 7 matches, so I wasnt overly hopeful. And the day before the final I had a job offer from Plymouth (L2 - relegated), which of course I declined.

Playoff Final

All I can say is well done boys, and its gonna be tough next season.

My board have gone mad with the promotion and decided to build a new stadium, putting us into a lot of debt and which will only give us 2k more capacity. Makes no sense to me, but just hope the put it in a location where further expansions can be made as I go up the ladder.

Aims

Stay up at all costs
    Strengthen squad to BSP level
    Hold onto Eric Keane and other good players
    Not to mess up pre-season, like I often manage, as a manger!

Career So Far

Code:

Season    Division    Pos     FA Cup      Other Cups             Achievements
    2012/13   BSS         18th    3rd Qual    FAT 1st Round
    2013/14   BSS         19th    2nd Qual    FAT 3rd Qual
    2014/15   BSS         5th     1st R       FAT 1st Round          Promoted via Playoffs
    Last edited by Gilbster; 03-11-2011 at 00:27.

Part-Timer

Nice going Gilbster. Keane looks class.

Part-Timer

Thought steam lost my save then as couldn't start it :mad: But lucky it was just a update stopping me. Used to like the manual updates but seems like it's getting more support this year as 12.0.4 already.

Amateur

Just Started The Challenge, Taken Over At Weymouth Here Is My Profile.

Amateur

FC United - 2011/12 Season Review - Blue Square Bet North

Blue Square Bet North: 1st (17th)
    FA Cup: 1st Round (Lost 2-1 to Farnborough)
    FA Trophy: 2nd Round (Lost 3-0 to Fleetwood)

Transfers
    Financial Balance: £61,313

A very good season, even after a shaky start. We won our first match 3-2 over Southport but things weren't looking good as we picked up only a couple of points in our next 3 games but we turned everything around with a good run and even though Corby were looking unstoppable with Omar Koroma and Tom Troke, a 17 year old newgen, up front, both of which were League 2 quality, the second with the potential to become a good Championship striker. The two managed over 50 goals between them over the course of the season but dropped from first after 13 games to only 4th. Our strike force wasn't the best and I only played one striker up front anyway, but our very solid defence won us the title, Charlie MacMillan the stand out, a newgen who signed with us and is way better than our next best defender who is also fairly solid. He managed two red cards in his first 5 games but picked up after that with 10 goals and was very impressive in defence. Laste Dombaxe signed on a free after his contract with Tottenham expired, really stood out and even the captaincy at the age of 17-18 didn't bring his performances down. He did complain that a very light training schedule was still too heavy though which really annoyed me cause those on a low workload didn't complain and he, on a training workload about 5 times lighter was still complaining. Our goals conceded should have been a lot less as well after losing 5-1 a few games before the end of the season before going down to Corby 5-0 on the final match-day.

Key Players:

Charlie MacMillan - Our best player this season, making a wonderful impression in his first season at only 19 years of age. Red cards early in the season and an injury cut back his playing time slightly but he played nearly every minute when he was available with some very good stamina. He has the potential to become a great player, probably even Championship standard. He's rated 5 star CA, better than the other central defender I brought in who still averaged better than 7 a game. 10 goals and 4 MOTMs for the season with an average rating of 7.37. Very great.

Wes Baynes - The first transfer we made (although completed the move at the start of the transfer window) and he was great at right fullback. He was very solid in both attack and defence and was a huge threat from free kicks scoring 2 or 3 goals from set pieces (can't remember). Just a solid all-round fullback, not great in any aspect but nothing really lets him down, apart from his aerial ability.

Curtis Thompson - Thompson was solid in central midfield. We pulled in a number of central midfielders due to my tendency to play a 4-3-2-1 formation with 3 central midfielders. Thompson was the best, scoring a fair few goals and setting up a lot as well, the most goals and assists of all the central midfielders. He wasn't outstanding but he did his job well and will continue next season, when he comes back from injury, one that he suffered towards the end of the season.

Laste Dombaxe - He is a great player. Signed on a free, after being released from Tottenham and handed the captaincy duties straight away. He was way too good for this level, creating the most goals in the lead, with 16 assists and showed good finishing as well with 10 goals, the second most in the squad, tied with MacMillan.

Jernade Meade - He doesn't seem an overly great player but he has good pace and the ability to get in behind the defence. He did well on the left wing, scoring 8 goals and although most of his assists came from corners, he set up a lot of attacking moves. Despite not having a great CA, only good for Blue Square North, he has the potential to become a leading league 2 winger so I'm hopeful he can improve quickly.

Matty Wolfenden - Despite signing a couple of new strikers, Wolfenden remained the number one, due to the others inability to find the back of the net when needed. He wasn't outstanding but was solid up front, topping our goal charts with 16 goals to add to 4 assists. He was very great in the cups as well with 7 goals in 7 games. Hopefully he can keep up the goals in the Blue Square Premier division and hopefully we can push for another promotion.

Career Overview:

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13         Blue Square North     1st               Promoted - Champions

FFS, my game is crashing, 28th of January 2020, this is doing my head in.

Amateur

Manager #83

Unfortunately going to have to pull out of this, got a corrupt game file, i cant get past the 12th March 2012, tried holidaying past it and stuff still no joy, gutted cos i'd got a bit of a connection going with Oxford. Will probably pop back at some point and have another crack.

Oh come on ffs, I've tried deleting my cache, verifying my cache, turning off my anti virus, and it still doesn't work :mad:

Amateur

Can you load an earlier save and use that?

Semi Pro

How do you top a hat-trick?

Well, scoring four the next game is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury_howie View Post
    Can you load an earlier save and use that?
    Nope, that save was the only one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    How do you top a hat-trick?

Well, scoring four the next game is a good start.
    Screenshot of the player?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Nope, that save was the only one.
    ouch.

Then a community note: Use rolling saves! (And dont delete them!)
    Last edited by Shrewsbury_howie; 03-11-2011 at 09:53.

ouch.

Then a community note: Use rolling saves!
    I did use rolling saves, then deleted them

Amateur

Fixed the community note

Semi Pro

Screenshot of the player?
    From my last update:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o85/harper.jpg

Former West Ham youth who was released without signing a pro deal. Obviously far too good for this level so hopefully can ride him to promotion before he moves on.

Amateur

Started with Hastings United yesterday, will post a screenshot if I find it .

How am I supposed to recruit new staff, mya I use the staff search in this case or is it prohibited like the search of players ?

Amateur

really, really doing badly now. cant win at all. tried a few different tactics and getting humped. need a shoulder to cry on...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
    Started with Hastings United yesterday, will post a screenshot if I find it .

How am I supposed to recruit new staff, mya I use the staff search in this case or is it prohibited like the search of players ?
    Player search is not prohibited.....

Part-Timer

My Home form = Fantastic

Away form = Pretty Bad

Semi Pro

And another hat-trick. Just waiting the inevitable 3-4 month injury now.

Amateur

i've just edit my season update post last night as it should have been league 2 update not as i posted. jumped ahead a season or two not with it, teach me to try and do post quickly when heading out for the evening.

Semi Pro

reddevil - i did work that out

Part-Timer

Played reserves and youth in the Fa cup 4th qualifying because i didn't want the fixture congestion. Lost to Chester from BSN but AHh well....bit dissapointed but now just need to concentrate on the league!!

Amateur

Hows your season going now GreyedOutMan?

Part-Timer

My new scout has really come up with the goods with this player - rated good prem potential he was on trial with championship porstmouth. Rated my 2nd best RB but my best RM which is where i intend to play him.

Amateur

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    That was in last years as i remember a player whinging in the media about being left out, a poll done 100% agreed with me

Part-Timer

Just got fined for failing to control my players after 6 yellows and a red 750pound

But it did make me laugh

Also first game in my new stadium we get 1192 fans, almosty double my average Hopefully a sign of things to come
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-11-2011 at 11:34.

Semi Pro

Hows your season going now GreyedOutMan?
    Terrible. Another relegation battle on our hands, even though I've been ahead in 75% of my games this season....

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Just got fined for failing to control my players after 6 yellows and a red 750pound

But it did make me laugh

Also first game in my new stadium we get 1192 fans, almosty double my average Hopefully a sign of things to come
    Next game 1492....soo happy with the new stadium, seems to have bought an influx of fans Maybe they make good pies?

Amateur

Part-Timer

Is there times when this game wnats you to lsoe - damn man, just lost against bottom of the table and im in 3rd, or was, was ALL over them - GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

First loss in 8 games tooo - and it would be against bottom of the league grrrrr

Semi Pro

Has anyone seen a missed penalty yet, apart from shoot outs?

Part-Timer

My players have missed quite a few, i've also had a goalie who saved a few

Amateur

Yup and you've just jinxed yourself by asking.

Part-Timer

Yeah in my League Cup final Well over the bar

End of season update should be up later.

Amateur

Ive missed 50% this season. (2/4)

Amateur

im tempted to start again. my team are absolutely horrendous. im actually raging at my team, useless fuds. thankfully its near the end of the season, major clear out and try again next season.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    Yup and you've just jinxed yourself by asking.
    I've had seven against me and four for me thus far (in October) with none missed, so if anything I'm looking to jinx the AI.

Amateur

Disastrous start to my first season in the BSP! All the oposition players have suddenly become David Beckham, smashing unbelievable freekicks and crosses! :/

Amateur

Oh and I've got about 5 players out for most of the season, with 2 def out til next season, including my 2 star mids.... Are serious injuries really this common?

Amateur

I've had seven against me and four for me thus far (in October) with none missed, so if anything I'm looking to jinx the AI.
    That's okay then ;) In all seriousness I reckon I've missed 2 and had 2 missed against me. That's over the course of 4 and a bit seasons.

Semi Pro

seriously need some help. someone give me a tactic?!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    I use a 4-1-2-3 formation

Amateur

I enjoy it when we consistently play like this

Amateur

Have you read any of the FM guides floating around?

Amateur

#6 Hitchin Season Update 9 2020/21

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

Manager of the Year - Player of the Year

Season saw us promoted as champions. Thanks to an amazing defense, the strikers (who didn't have the best season if you look at single names) was a bit of a disapointment, but with some good midfielder efforts, we managed to score some goals there as well.

Chairman took the **** again, selling Mark Hyde, who only was purchased 1 year ago.

Finances are in bad shape. Despite good homecrowd. (98% av attendance, 19 sellouts) we finished in the red. Partially for spending 600k on new seats to meet CH demands. With the previously mentioned attendance, board decided twice, we didn't need a larger stadium. On the finances page, if you hoover on "other" it says amongst others agent fees, but agent fees has its own column. Does that mean we pay it twice? Non football staff wages exceeding staff wages? Ah well - hopefully we will go back in the black soon..

FA Cup: Extremely disapointing. Lost in 1st rnd home to L2 Gillingham.

League Cup: A good run here for a change. Lost on penalties at home in the Q/F to PRM Bolton after 1-1 normal time.

JPT: Lost in Q/F to Southend 2-1.

Players with impact over the season:

GK:
    - Loris Karius: Had a pretty good season, but posting ss to show his stats really hasn't increased alot during the years.

DEF:
    - Alex Billington: Played alot in defense this season due to injuries. Still is amazing with assists, even though his stats are pretty crappy.
    - Carl Flynn: He just gets better and better.
    - Glen O'Connor: Had a strong season this year.
    MID:
    - Marcos Costa: Still MVP. Extremely good season 15 goals 9 assists and player of the year. Interest is growing on him and reckon he will be sold next year.
    - Nuno Sousa: Only new signing this season, previously SLB. interesting stats, but if he doesn't start to get alot better next season he will be a cash cow.
    - Manuel Mrmic: Good season, starting to mature. Looking forward to this one.
    ATT:
    - Tom Lawrence: Had a solid season, but nothing special.

Next season, really need to find a good striker, as I doubt the current ones can compete good enough at higher level.

Code:
    Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
    2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
    2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
    2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
    2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
    2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
    2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted
    2019/20 L1	3rd rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Q/F S	 6th		None
    2020/21	L1	1st rnd		LC Q/F		JPT Q/F S	 1st		Promoted, +4014 seats

Part-Timer

nothing more frustrating that having set up my set piece takers, my free kick taker at the top with 17, seeing in the match every free kick taken by someone with 11 :mad:
    The free kick taker was playing in the whole match.

Amateur

Keep it very basic GreyedOutMan, that's the only advice I can give ya. Tried complicated tactics, and the players at this level just aren't cut out for them. Try a default tactic, and tinker from there. E.G if you see too many goals being scored by strikers out pacing your defence, drop the back line a little, or if you see way too many through balls splitting your defence, narrow the formation a little.

If you come up with a taqctic to defend deep crosses from just past the half way line, let me know, as I always concede from there, no matter how good my def is at heading and jumping and positioning.

Amateur

I'm sure set pieces are borked Baker, my CD always takes, even though he's nowhere near the list and isn't the best corner taker.

Part-Timer

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - Npower Championship - 2016/17

League Table/Graph/League Stats

A great season in the league finishing as champions. Didn't expect it to be quite as easy as it was which I keep saying but I really did think the championship would be a fight to stay up.

Squad Stats/Transfers/Finances/Facilities

Loads in but mainly improved attack and mid. Defence got a few LBs in but nothing special. Good transfer out ones who also signed that season wanted to leave as were not starting
    Finances looking very healthy which is all down to the cup runs again but also the transfers out.
    Players want to leave and contracts I feel they are not worth so likely be a complete different squad next season.
    New stadium getting built and big loan taken out to build but rate of pay is not that much and the Prem TV will make it almost not there. Disapointed it's not named after me.

Key Player Profiles

Marco Kruse - Great goal scoring record and has scored 7 in one match in the league to set a new record.

Jan Vorel - Does the hard work running down everything and forces the def in to mistakes.

Joe McKee - Played in a deeper role and seemed to do as well as ever.

Fixtures

Tottenham did the reverse to stop us in the F.A cup.

Fixtures

Crawley A 4-0
    Reading A 2-1e
    Southampton H 3-1
    Sunderland A 0-2
    Birmingham A 1-1p
    West Brom A 4-2

Final

Shocking run all the way to the trophy and we will be in the Euro Cup next season.

Code:

Career Overview | Season Team | League | League Finish | Achievements | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2012/13 Tooting & Mitcham | BSS | 1st | BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2013/14 Tooting & Mitcham | BSP | 1st | BSP Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2014/15 Tooting & Mitcham | L2 | 1st | L2 Champions/JPT Winners/6th Round of FA Cup | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2015/16 Tooting & Mitcham | L1 | 1st | L1 Champions/JPT Winners/5th Round of FA Cup | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2016/17 Tooting & Mitcham | Champ | 1st | Championship Champions/League Cup Winners | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Next Season Aims

Keep building on the squad/get rid of dead wood.
    Stay up.
    Decent cup run to keep the money coming in.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 03-11-2011 at 15:02.

Part-Timer

Had a striking crisis where 3 strikers were injured and 2 on international duty.
    Played a midfielder up front alongside my 1st choice striker. My main striker was injured after 15 mins and on came my 7th choice striker to score a hatrick It maybe his only contribution this season

Amateur

Wow. Wizard indeed! Congratulations, an amazing run so far!

Part-Timer

Something simple

or

Then play around with player roles. For me I have the following

1 Gk - Defend
    2 CBs - Defend
    2 Fullbacks - support/auto
    1 Cm - Attack
    1 cm - support
    1 Mr - Winger
    1 ML - Winger
    1 Str - Advance forward
    1 Str - Complete forward

Basicly something simple

Amateur

I tested for the lower leagues using different tactics and to be very honest a flat 442 hasnt failed me yet. Players in these leagues dont seem to do well in more complex formations so ive just kept my tactics simple and general, not moving too many sliders around and not set skilled positions like playmakers. Find players with determination, teamwork, workrate that are high and let the team gel.

I cant promise you success, but i can promise you the tactics will work.

edit: What glennuk said
    Last edited by Babaginoosh; 03-11-2011 at 15:10.

Part-Timer

Currently equal to FM11 but came 4th in first season in Prem. Can't see that happening(worked the other times ) Think on FM10 it took 11/12 seasons to get to prem will try to find out as only shows 250 posts when I search older attempts were on another account but think I completed it on 09 which took more than others maybe 15/16 seasons.

I won League Cup as well on 11 weird lol
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 03-11-2011 at 15:21.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post
    I tested for the lower leagues using different tactics and to be very honest a flat 442 hasnt failed me yet. Players in these leagues dont seem to do well in more complex formations so ive just kept my tactics simple and general, not moving too many sliders around and not set skilled positions like playmakers. Find players with determination, teamwork, workrate that are high and let the team gel.

Glad someone agrees

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post

This is good advice
    I would add keep the mentality as rigid as well, lower league players don't have the mental or technical attributes to do anything else like balanced or fluid

Semi Pro

My tactics:

This if I dont have a decent Long Throw specialist.
    This if I do have a decent Long Throw specialist.

I did have a full back with 20 Long Throws but he left....

Semi Pro

Anyone got any ideas? If its relevant, I've been ahead in almost every game this year, but still facing a relegation battle. I cant remember the last time I conceded the first goal!

Amateur

My tactics:

This if I dont have a decent Long Throw specialist.
    This if I do have a decent Long Throw specialist.

I did have a full back with 20 Long Throws but he left....

Current formation

-----------------ST/P/a------ST/DF/s-----------

ML/w/s-------CM/a----------CM/auto--------MR/w/s

DL/auto-------DC/cover------DC/stopper-----DR/auto

-----------------------SK/defense------------------

I do micro manage a bit so whenever i have Umit Eminoglu in i play him either a poacher or box to box midfielder on the left side, and Ben Mackey on the right as my Defensive Forward, other than that i have a standard setup and just fit my strikers to their natural skills. Everyone else plays general position and i never adjust sliders for their individual position. I have kept 2 different tactics training, rigid/defensive and rigid/counter, with a third formation of 4-1-4-1 with DM (i use this in late game or when im heavy underdog). Players i have arent highly skilled and arent particularly fast, so i keep it tight as far as formation goes but other than that its just simple basic general setup.

I also keep tactics training very high and teamwork for the first 2 months till most of the attributes for tactics are fluid then i switch to high and defensive positioning which has helped also.
    Last edited by Babaginoosh; 03-11-2011 at 17:02.

Semi Pro

Problem with that is that I have lots of decent midfielders but no decent strikers apart from Doyle....

Amateur

Problem with that is that I have lots of decent midfielders but no decent strikers apart from Doyle....
    Drop some of the midfielders and get a few decent strikers or play 4-5-1 flat with your best midfielder moving up in the attack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast