+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 3510

Thread: dafuge's FM12 challenge

Semi Pro

Yeah that was occuring to me lst night - I wont the FA Trophy in the BSN and finished in the playoffs that season, surely that would make me at least mid-table reputation wise???

Amateur

F.C. United 2014/15 End Of Season Review

Well what a fantastic year it has been finishing 3rd in the league and winning the play-off's was just a dream come true ! Despite our awful cup runs i really am not bothered promotion to league to is a massive step forward in my mind and i am over the moon with it

We managed to score an impressive 101 goals which was the most in the league and concede just 47 which is joint second least !

Our away form was really bad to start off with and i believe that's the reason we didnt get 1st place however our home for was very good and it pushed us through to the play-offs and help us smash the semi final !

League table

Fa cup - Got knocked out in the first round off crawley 3-0 which i was dissapointed with but hey there's always next season ;)

Fa trophy - Got knocked out in the fourth round by fleetwood 2-0 away but not to complain as they did go on to win the league and the fa trophy so im not too dissapointed !

Key Players :

Michael O'Halloran - Top goalscore with an inpressive 23 in the league

Robbie Simpson and George Purcell - Joint second goal scorers netting 21 in the league each.

Michelle Fornaiser - Best centre half by a mile kept us in some vital games with great defending and netting 6 aswell

Targets were all achieved i'd say however the cup run could of been a lot better

Targets for this season ! :

Stay in the league !

Sign Some great youngsters who can also make an immediate impact

Try and upgrade our facilities to produce and develop players to their best

P.s. i havnt given links for my players because i went too far ahead in the game but i did manage to get the league table and that from going back in the history

Amateur

END OF SEASON

HENDON F.C - Season 2018/19
    League Table | Squad | Transfers In 1 , 2 / Transfers Out 1 , 2

I wanted a Play-Off place but we went one better and won the League, obviously foreign players are the way forward! It was only on the last day we won the title ahead of Yeovil.

In the F.A Cup we managed to reach the 5th Round but Premier League Stoke proved too strong for our Part-Time squad but we did make a nice profit and that has gone towards improving our Youth set-up who incedentally won the Under 18's Cup against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. In the F.A Trophy we managed to win the competition after overcoming Exeter in the Semi-Finals then an average Histon side in the Final by winning 6-1 , another piece of silverware to add to my collection

Code:
    Season      Division                    Position        Cups
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2013/14     Blue Square South           5th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2014/15     Blue Square South          12th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd
    2015/16     Blue Square South           9th             F.A Cup 2nd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 1st Rnd
    2016/17     Blue Square South           1st             F.A Cup 2nd Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2017/18     Blue Square Premier        10th             F.A Cup 4th Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 4th Rnd
    2018/19     Blue Square Premier         1st             F.A Cup 5th Rnd, F.A Trophy Winners
    Next season will be our first in the Football League so avoiding relegation is the aim and maybe doing well in the Johnstones Paint Trophy and maybe get a Premiership team in the Carling Cup. Also I would like to improve our training facilities at some point during the season.
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 31-10-2011 at 19:09.

Amateur

Also, my board are expanding the seating capacity of our ground

Semi Pro

Yes! Into the FA Cup 3rd round for the first time! I really hope it's United!

Amateur

#89 mikeytk - Canvey Island - Blue Square South - 2012/13
    Finished 4th - Lost in Play Off final (on pens)

Table | Graph | Stats

An excellent season in the end, after a poor start and average Oct-Jan I went on an amazing run in the second half and stormed into the play offs by April. Breezed past Dover in the semi final only to lose on penalties to Eastbourne after a 1-1 draw. Still, much better than I expected, especially after my start.

Squad | Transfers | Finances

Poor finances due to being over £1k over wage budget after massively adding to my squad threoughout the season and not beign able to offload the deadwood. Helped by play off gate revenue.

Key Players

Jamie "the" Tank - Tank by name tank by nature. A rock at the back and immense at attacking corners. Scored 14 (!) and finished with an av. rating of 7.30

Tamer Tuna - Top scorer with 15 but not spectacular. May be replaced after signing former Fulham and Arsenal youth player Michael Uwezu

Moses Ademola - quality ringer signed from Woking. 17 assists and shortlisted for BSS PoY

A good run - got to the first round proper getting beat by L1 Bristol Rovers

Beat in 2nd Round

Next Year

Hopefully a promotion push after a very promising first year. Need to get rid of deadwood and sort out the wage budget.

Code:
     Season         Division               Position                Cups                             Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     2012/13     Blue Square South           4th          F.A Cup 1st Rnd, Fa Trophy 2nd Rd          Play offs

Last edited by mikeytk; 31-10-2011 at 19:32.

Amateur

the amount of wages some of these players want in league 2 is disgraceful ! i now release the massive gap between leagues :O and why not so rich clubs really can struggle

Amateur

Bad luck, mikeytk - losing in the play-offs has to be the most gutting feeling in FM.

Semi Pro

Gutted. Got to the 3rd round of the Cup, and I've drawn...

Crewe or Doncaster

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Ok, it's too soon to draw conclusions, but so far my League 2 campaign is shaping up a million times better than my previous 2 seasons in the BSP.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chuk View Post
    Check the World - Domestic Clubs - England screen and filter on BSS, BSN and other and see how far you are down.
    Interesting, thanks for that. In my first season in BSP, I'm the lowest ranked team (of course). Nearly half of BSN and BSS are ranked above me!!!

Amateur

Chesham United | Season 2017/18 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The season started great as we went the 10 first matches winning 9 and drawing once, but then the injury crisis came. We've had more injuries so far this season than all the other combined! Our steady right back Radim Skacel got a damaged achillies tendon and has been out for a couple of months and still have a couple more. Elliot Andrews, our midfield general, has had multiple injuries who has lasted for 4 weeks or more and are struggling still. Ümit Eminoglu, Serge Gnabry and Mohammed Abel has also suffered massive injuries. Now that we have reached the new year most are returning to fitness and hopefully we are going to stay mostly injury free the latter part of the season. Still, as we have been struggling with injuries, the rest of the squad have done as best they can to keep us up top. After 10 games Crewe and we were running away and we had a gap of over 10 points down to 3rd at one point. When we had the injuries Crewe failed to capitalize on our problems and had their own problems with form. We are still in a great position to challenge for promotion, but we need to get fit and ready for match!

The cups have been both ups and downs. In the Carling Cup we lost 1-4 away to Gillingham in the first round, so we didn't get past the first round this year either. In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we got bye in the first round as reigning champions and managed to beat Leyton Orient in the 2nd round before Bournemouth knocked us out 1-3 in the quarter final. The FA Cup has been far better and we are still in it. In the first round we got a difficult away tie against Barnsley away, but managed to scrap a 2-1 win to progress. The second round gave us another difficult away tie, this time at Shrewsbury. We managed a 1-1 draw and go a rematch in which we triumphed 5-3 in a very thrilling match. We were hoping for a big team to get some hard cash and we got lucky when we were drawn against Liverpool at Anfield. We're certainly gonna lose, but we should get a massive cash boost.

Financially we are dropping cash like there's no tomorrow, but I dunno why. Most of our cost are going into Tax and Others. Since we have been in the middle of a board takeover I'm starting to suspect the chairman of stealing money from us, or he is buying a lot of dinners for potential new owners. The takeover has been on and off since the summer and it started with a local businessman, then another director and now it's a fans trust who's the potential buyer. Almost hoping it will fail so we can get a tycoon and get loads of cash! =)

Part-Timer

My board allowed me to increase my wage budget thankfully! and ive managed to somehow attract this player to Banbury.

Introducing Jan Klement Unbelieveable for League 2.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Impale View Post
    Bad luck, mikeytk - losing in the play-offs has to be the most gutting feeling in FM.
    It is. Especially on pens! If I were a lesser man I would have reloaded ;)

Amateur

Leeds away in the FA Cup . FC United fans will enjoy that...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Utdchamp View Post
    Leeds away in the FA Cup . FC United fans will enjoy that...
    I'm fc united too and just got leeds in the league cup first round :P ! good luck

Amateur

putting in loan offers for david silva and douglas costa....can't see them rejecting tbh ;)

First Team Squad Member

I've got the game at last (bloody lack of money these last 2 weeks :mad am just downloading graphics then will be starting this - lookig for my usual team, Kingstonian (I go pass the ground nearly everyday on way to work)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hypanimz View Post
    My board allowed me to increase my wage budget thankfully! and ive managed to somehow attract this player to Banbury.

Introducing Jan Klement Unbelieveable for League 2.
    Pure Class! Probably gonna score quite a bit on corners and freekicks.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Fans' trust eye takeover

Anyone else had fans as their bosses before?
    Ok, takeover completed. No investments.....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Ok, takeover completed. No investments.....
    And they have taken up a loan.....of £10k? Wth?

So now we are going to pay £170 every month until January 2023. Great, thanks fans trust.....

Amateur

Just had Arlesey Town coming into the South division on my save, at the start of the game they had a rep of 550

Part-Timer

No better feeling than beating the league leaders 5-0 away - started the BSP well with only 1 or 2 additions to last years squad.
    Even my finances are improving if only because the board keep putting money in each month

Amateur

Disgusted. Started my 2nd season as weymouth really well, battering everybody 4's and 5's. Went through a spell of about 10 games where we couldn't win a game. All the players lost form for no reason. Started getting some form back, then took a walloping from a bsp team in the trophy and haven't recovered since. Another season in the bss, with no money and noone wanting to join. 10th finish after playoffs last term.

How much money do you need to upgrade training fac's? My board is low down dirty cheapskates giving us a wage budget of 1.5k a week, and won't invest in s**t! Oh and the chairman is very happy too.

Can't find any good defenders for the life of me, and always seem to concede to a long cross just inside the half way line to the back post. Full back is always out of position and I can't seem to remedy it.
    Anyone else having this problem?

Amateur

I have a mix of Full Time, Part Time and Non Contract players for my first seasonin League 2!

This is the season where I finally manage to do this

Just noticed it's the 25th, hope that's not an issue.

Edit: Someone else has got the 25th, so that seems fine
    Last edited by High Flying Dwarf; 31-10-2011 at 21:53.

Amateur

Has anyone been offered an International job yet? Just wondering as I have been linked to Scotland Under 19's

Amateur

Yay! My board has given me 2k a week wage budget for the new season!

All my star players want over £500 quid a week, as part timers! How do you get players on non contracts?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJudas View Post
    Yay! My board has given me 2k a week wage budget for the new season!

All my star players want over £500 quid a week, as part timers! How do you get players on non contracts?
    Just change the contract negotiation from Part Time to Non Contract

Amateur

Chippenham Town| Season 2013/14 | Blue Square Bet Premier

Table | Squad | Transfers 1 | Transfers 2 | Player Stats | Best Eleven

A really good season. Promotion to League 2 after running away with the league by 19 points scoring a massive 134 goals in the process. We did well in the cups aswell, we won the FA Trophy for the third year in a row demolishing Gateshead 6-0 in the final, and exited the FA cup in the 3rd Rnd in a very respectable 1-2 defeat to Sheff Utd. The game was at home unfortunately, so the match wasn't that great. The board was busy at the end of the season. First the plans for a new state of the art stadium was announced, and we are now due to move in to Chippenham Stadium with a capacity of 7746 on 20.06.2017. However, to finance the project the club has secured a loan of £4.63, making the clubs overall finances insecure. We have to pay 31.5k per month until 2030, which means that we better be successful on the pitch or we'll go bankrupt sooner than later. Another landmark in the clubs history came when the board decided to go professional at the very end of the season.

Key players:

Could have mentioned more, but these stood out this year

Jake Nicholson | MC | - Young mc with potential. 5 goals and 7 assists – Av.r 7.10

Gyiliano van Velzen | Winger | - dribbling magician, 8 goals and 11 assists - Av.r 7.41

Samuel Adjej | Winger | - nice offensive contribution, 17 goals and 8 assists in the league - Av.r 7.41

Michele Fornasier - | DC | - solid at the back, chipped in 7 goals in all comps - Av.r. 7.35

Rhys Walsh - | DC | - as above, 11 goals in total - Av.r 7.57

Joe McKee - | AMC | - Amazing again, won't sign a new contract though
    - 9 goals and 25 assists in 30 games! Av.r 7.93

Awards:

Blue Square Bet Premier Manager of the Year

Blue Square Bet Premier Player of the Year

Chippenham Town Fans' Player of the Year

Finances:
    We signed quite a few players this season, but let even more go. The finances were healthy until the massive loan the board secured, it is going to be interesting to see how this will fare next season.

Goals for next season:
    1. Get rid of more deadwood
    2. Keep costs down
    3. Look for more bargains
    4. Finish in a respectable position in the league and have a decent cup run
    5. Convince the board yet again to agree to increase the scouting range (they're not really cooperative my friends upstairs...)
    Looking forward to League 2

Code:
    Season      Division                    Position        Cups
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13     Blue Square Bet South           1st             FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, FA Trophy Winners
    2013/14     Blue Square Bet Premier         2nd             FA Cup 3rd Rnd, FA Trophy Winner
    2014/15     Blue Square Bet Premier         1st             FA Cup 3rd Rnd, FA Trophy Winners

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dan BHTFC View Post
    Just change the contract negotiation from Part Time to Non Contract
    I only have the option of PT or youth...

Semi Pro

Well isn't this fun, I've got 3 players injured with torn hamstrings including 2 first team strikers.
    Luckily I've managed to get in another loanee striker, but even then I'm short handed in that department. Oh well, there goes my vow of not spending the whole wage budget this season as I ,ay have to find yet another striker.

Amateur

So is non contract only available to certain clubs? I cannot offer a non contract to anybody

Amateur

#6 Hitchin Season Update 7 npower L2 2018/19

Squad - Table - Graph - Profile - Transfers - Finances

Awards

Manager of the Year - League topscorer runner up

A very good season for the L2 and a very poor season for the cups. Finished as champions just 1 point ahead of number 2.

Tried to clear out as many players as i could, whilst still having a "large" squad. Managed to sell some free with a 50% sell clause. Hopefully that will generate a bit of cash, as finances really went down this season. It is just too expensive to put your players on full time contracts

FA Cup: 1st round exit away to Scunthorpe 3-1

League Cup: 1st round exit home to Rotherham 0-1

JPT: Only "decent" run, but no money gained from this. Lost in Semi Finals S to Portsmouth 3-1

A few new signings this season, but only 2 of them could make an impact.

GK:
    - Abubakar Egal: Got some first team matches this season, with Karius injured around half the season.

DEF:
    - Glenn O'Connor: New signing from Tralee Dynamos. Was signed for diversity options in defense and midfield, but played really well as DC.
    - Carl Flynn: Had another great season. The Irish duo worked well.
    - Alex Billington: One of my favourites. Even though his stats aren't great, he is amazing with assists when playing mid and solid in defense.
    MID:
    Marcos Costa: Played more games than last season, and repaid well with his efforts. 6 goals and 13 assists.

ATT:
    - Mark Hayes: Really strong season, played as winger and forward.
    - Anis Madhebi: New signing, previously Frankfurt. Signed in January and only had 7 games. 6 goals in those games though. He then was out with injury rest of season. High hopes from this one.

Hope attendance will increase, as well as some TV matches to get finanes back on track, would hate to sell star players to get in the black.

Code:
    Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
    2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
    2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up
    2015/16	BSP	2nd rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 5th		None
    2016/17	BSP	1st rnd		FAT Winner	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT Winner, New stadium
    2017/18	L2	3rd rnd		LC 2nd rnd	JPT 2nd rnd/N	 5th		None
    2018/19	L2	1st rnd		LC 1st rnd	JPT Semi S	 1st		Promoted

Part-Timer

Amateur

Oh lord yes!

Part-Timer

Getting a bit silly now…

Looking forward to some mad fixture congestion later.

Amateur

Dan - Just checking that you know you're not supposed to actually take an international job before completing the challenge. No harm in teasing them with a bit of thigh though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    Dan - Just checking that you know you're not supposed to actually take an international job before completing the challenge. No harm in teasing them with a bit of thigh though.
    Yeah, I know that you can't, just never been offered an International job in League 2

Part-Timer

Amateur

First time trying this challenge. Will post a image after I've gotten a team.

Amateur

Hmm just a quick question. So I'm supposed to go on holiday until 24th June 2012?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by PullThePlug View Post
    Hmm just a quick question. So I'm supposed to go on holiday until 24th June 2012?
    Yeah unless you want to reload then it's 23rd.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJudas View Post
    Can't find any good defenders for the life of me, and always seem to concede to a long cross just inside the half way line to the back post. Full back is always out of position and I can't seem to remedy it.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    I find pretty much every deep cross and deep freekick from wide curls to the far post and is either headed in or over. Playing on key highlights, basically every set piece from this area is a goal.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    Interesting, thanks for that. In my first season in BSP, I'm the lowest ranked team (of course). Nearly half of BSN and BSS are ranked above me!!!
    That's part of the challenge...we started with much lower reps than those already in the BSN/S, (let alone BSP and higher). It takes a while for the reps to go up. For my Hastings (Starting rep of 1000 at beginning of challenge), I suspect I still have less than 1100 overall based on the rep position. I *have* seen some change, however, I am no longer the lowest rep of the BSN/BSS sides. And I didn't even have any cup runs to note.

If it holds true to past seasons, i suspect you'd need 2-3 seasons of stability to achieve "mid-table" rep for your current division...after all, if you were just promoted, you are still likely favored to drop right back down...once you maintain your position within a division, people sit up and take notice (hence improving your rep).
    Last edited by G_D_K; 01-11-2011 at 01:49.

Part-Timer

I'm in L1 and BSP sides have more rep and all of L2 than me so 100% takes time to increase the rep no matter how your are doing.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    I'm in L1 and BSP sides have more rep and all of L2 than me so 100% takes time to increase the rep no matter how your are doing.
    Yes...system seems to need some tweaking....when you go straight up back-to-back, there's little time for your rep to cacth up. Be interested to compare that to someone who takes, say, three seasons between each promotion....compare rep of both clubs at the end of 10 years....

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by G_D_K View Post
    Yes...system seems to need some tweaking....when you go straight up back-to-back, there's little time for your rep to cacth up. Be interested to compare that to someone who takes, say, three seasons between each promotion....compare rep of both clubs at the end of 10 years....
    Seems to be tweaked from the past as winning the league had a huge gap of rep increase compared to winning play-offs so seems more based on long term which seems right to me. Players who other L1 side want will listen to offers from me which is how it should be but scouts seem stuck around BSP level still. So what impact the rep has is a bit hit and miss from what I'm seeing but thats only on free transfers will get interesting when I get the check book out

Amateur

I've set up the game properly but i cant find any teams listed on this thread on 24th june 2012 o.o

Amateur

After this ref's muckup, I again find myself in 10th after the first 4 matches of the new season. However, we're playing much better, so I have much hope for this year's run. Everything is running smoothly...I'm creating chances, I'm fairly solid at the back, and I'm scoring. Previous match won 4-0...two of them coming with only 10 on the field as one of my DCs made a hash of a challenge.

All in all....I'm fairly confident this year.

edit: I've just had my first player of the month award of the campaign....hopefully the first of 4 or 5 for the year.

edit2: Good grief---back to back games with ref controversy costing me???
    Last edited by G_D_K; 01-11-2011 at 04:53.

Semi Pro

First job offer.

2nd bottom of the BSP, over wage budget and insecure finances? No thanks.

Amateur

Nice wage budget for a BSP team (at least, compred to the wage budget I'll have when I make the BSP!)

Amateur

BURY TOWN 2012-2013 Season (BSN)

Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances

My first season in charge of the club was inconsistant. We went some games looking like we were forged in gods very flames and then others as if we had just spent a night on the town. This probably had something to do with the low squad harmony due to be getting rid of absolutely everyone at the club when i took over, but i hate to think what would have happened if i didnt. Overall we came 12th which the board where happy with since i promised to avoid relegation. And without further ado, the key plays and stats stuff!!

Key Players

Loris Karius (GK) - Sign in december and was a stalwart defender of my holy temple. Unless the other team put it hard in a corner, then big K would save it. He earned me points by himself (kinda why he was key).

Tom Platt (CB) - Same name as me... Oh and i guess i signed him in mid december as well when i was on a 9 match streak with no wins. First game he gets two goals and is man of the match. Second game, man of the match. He really helped plug my back line.

William Mellors-Blair (RM) - A pacy winger who got me some vital goals and assists. Really came through in the second half of the season where he secured a place for the next campaign. (11 assists, 8 goals)

Milton Elenge (CM) - At the start of the season he was a backup, but he developed so fast during the season and by christmas was first team. I've honestly never seen someone develop so fast without high training facilities/coaches. He owned the midfield with his passing

Scott Ginty (ST) - 19 league goals with pace, composure and finishing to tear up the league.

Martin Reilly (ST) - Almost the same as Ginty but with 17 goals in about as many games.

Hopes and dreams

I plan to keep around 11-14 players from my current squad, improve the rest and then push for a top 5 finish. The cups im not worried about since i know ill get more money once i get promoted. I still will give the FA cup a shot though with the hope of a big team third round fixture.

Code:
    Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13 BSN	1st round	FAT 4th qual	N/A		12th		Kept my job.
    TLR - Won some, lost some, came 12th, survived. Yay.
    Last edited by Shrewsbury_howie; 01-11-2011 at 06:18.

Amateur

Right so im done. Starting the game now. My Profile

Amateur

A question. There's this brazilian player in Man City that I want to sign. However, it says work permit application not approved. Why is that so?

Semi Pro

I swear the better the player, the more likely he is to get injured.

Signed a great striker after West Ham released him. Scores five in his last five, and then torn hamstring, 3-4 months. Star centre-back signing, twisted ankle. Never my squad players.

Amateur

A question. There's this brazilian player in Man City that I want to sign. However, it says work permit application not approved. Why is that so?
    I had a similar thing happen. Its frustrating.

Amateur

What problem?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury_howie View Post
    I had a similar thing happen. Its frustrating.
    is there a way to solve it?

Amateur

Still in the BSS but my board has increased my coaches limit to 6. Time to get a few specialists in methinks.

Amateur

Chippenham Town F.C. 2012/2013
    #24 - DizzyIzzyB13
    5th in Blue Square South (Play-offs) (pred: 22nd) | Transfers 1, 2 | Finances | Position Graph | Player Stats 1, 2

The League

I'm very pleased with our performance in the league. We started poorly, but recovered to spend most of the first half of the season comfortably in mid-table, but the tail end of a Blue Square South record 16-game unbeaten run started us creeping up the table. We entered the play-off spots for the first time with 5 games to go, in the middle of a poor run of form to end the season that saw us win just 3 of our last 11 games. Nevertheless, our competition allso lost form, and we somehow managed to sneak into the final play-off spot on goal difference thanks to Kane Ingram scoring twice in the last 11 minutes to help Weston-super-Mare secure a 4-2 victory over Cheltenham. The key factor was our ability to avoid losing - we had more draws (19) than anyone else in the league and the fewest defeats (6). This was due to our miserly defence, which made up for a lack of fire-power up front by conceding the fewest goals in the league - our 34 goals conceded was an average of less than one per game, a feat only Eastbourne Borough, who finished above us on goal difference, managed to achieve of the other teams in the division.

In the play-offs, we faced Ebbsfleet, a team we hadn't beaten in the regular season. That changed in the first leg at Hardenhuish Park, with Eddie Sharman scoring a 13th minute goal against his former club to break a goal drought that'd lasted over 500 minutes and securing a slender 1-0 advantage. In the second leg, Sharman was again the man to punish his former club, opening the scoring in the first minute of the game and then setting up Sam Gainford with an exquisite chip early in the second half. Despite pulling a goal back on the hour, Esbbfleet were dispatched 2-1 on the night and 3-1 on aggregate as we progressed to the play-off final. So, our season came down to one game. a trip to Eastbourne Borough, with a spot on the Blue Square Premier Division on the line... and Eddie Sharman came up big again, capitalising on an error by the Eastbourne 'keeper to score the only goal in a 1-0 win that sent us up!

The Cups (FA Cup (Expectations: 3rd Qualifying Round) | FA Trophy (Expectations: Enjoy competing))

Our FA Cup campaign opened with a convincing 5-1 demolition of non-league AFC Totton in the Second Qualifying Round. This set us up with a trip to another non-league side, Evesham, which seemed to be headed in the same direction before a couple of late goals almost pulled them back into it, with the game ending in a 3-2 victory. After that, we faced much stiffer competition as we were drawn against struggling Blue Square Premier side Woking in our third consecutive away game in the competition. But, after a hard fought game which seemed to be heading for a draw, a late Ronnie Hawkins goal sent us through to the first round proper with the teams from the Football League. However, instead of a glamour tie against one of the bigger clubs like Charlton or Crystal Palace, we were sent on the road for the fourth game in a row in the competition to Northern Premier side Chorley, managed by former Manchester City and Blackburn midfielder Garry Flitcroft. A solid 2-0 win sent us through to the Second Round. Our reward was yet another away game, but this time, we were sent to League 2 Hartlepool. It looked like we had a shot at escaping with a creditable goalless draw until the 75th minute, when Ryan Harrison hit an ugly, shanked shot that looked like it was heading wide and Aaron Tunwa turned it into his own goal to hand us an upset 1-0 victory and put us into the draw with the big boys for the Third Round. We ended up with a trip to the Galpharm Stadium to face League One high-fliers Huddersfield, our 6th away game in a row in the competition. Unfortunately, this game came during a tough run of games around Christmas, and a tired team slumped to a disappointing 4-0 defeat, and exited the competition. Leaving aside the manner of our exit, though, I was pretty satisfied with our progress in the competition, since we vastly over-performed our expectations.

When the draw for our first FA Trophy match was made, I felt a sense of déjà vu, as we were matched up against the same team we opened against in the FA Cup. This time, however, AFC Totten visited Hardenhuish park. The result wasn't quite as dramatic, thanks to a spate of injuries and the attrition of a busy schedule, but a 1-0 victory was enough to take us through. Next up were North Leigh in the First Round proper, who were comfortably dispatched 3-0.In the second round, we survived a trip to Blue Square Premier side Cheltenham, escaping the initial tie with a 1-1 draw. In the replay, Tom Dunford scored the pick of the goals with a 30 yard stunner that proved to be the decisive goal in a 2-1 victory. In the third round, we welcomed Kidderminster Harriers to Hardenhuish Park, but despite a gutsy performance, the Blue Square Premier side left with the victory after a heart-breaking late goal secured them a 3-2 victory. Even so, we exceeded expectations, so I can't complain too much.

The Players

Top Goalscorer: Eddie Sharman - 24
    Top League Goalscorer: Eddie Sharman - 16
    Most Assists:: Sam Gainford, Ryan Harrison - 8
    Highest Average Rating: Eddie Sharman - 7.10
    Fan's Player of the Year: Eddie Sharman

Team of the Year

Eddie Sharman was clearly our player of the year, despite having a long goal drought that threatened to scupper our season. His crowning achievement was being the FA Cup's top scorer for the season. Some of the players included in the Team of the Year were questionable choices, being youth players who made a couple of appearances in cover, but whatever. Other than Sharman, the players who deserve the most credit for this season were goalkeeper Sean Cuff, who conceded just 23 goals in 35 appearances for the club and whose rating failed to appreciate how crucial he was. Adam Robinson was the rock in the heart of our defence, along with his two main partners, Louis Storey and Dan Bennett.

Internationals: Jamie Maclean, Malta & Malta U-21s; Aryn Williams, Australia U-21s.

The Staff

Manager: Isabella Bianchi
    Assistant Manager: Jack Ward
    Coaches: Mal Downing (GK), Ralph Duncan, Paul James (Fitness), Kevin Kelly
    Scouts: Dominic Warburton, Bob Wilson
    Physiotherapist: Ian Pearce

The Finances

Like many clubs at this level, we lost a fair bit of money this sason. Partly this is down to me, since I didn'tdo a great job in the transfer market and such this season. I'm looking to improve there for next year. At least the board is willing to invest in the club, sicne they came up with a cash injection to take the edge off the losses.

The Future

I'm hoping that next year we can consolidate our spot in the Blue Square Premier. Ideally, we'll get some good cup runs and the money they goes along with them, too.Whatever money becomes available, I'm aiming to try and put into improving our facilities. Pleasingly, the board seem to have this goal as well, since they arranged to expand the seating capacity of Hardenhuish Park. It's not a capacity increase, but it's a ground improvement that'll prove useful to the club.

Code:
    CLUB HISTORY

SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	Notes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/13	BSS	5th	Promoted via Play-offs
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
    TROPHY CABINET

None
    Code:
    MANAGER AWARDS

Blue Square South Manager of the Year - 2012/2013

Amateur

Second Season Syndrome (SSS): Without promotion you find your wage budget is smaller the next year and all the ex-youth kids think they are too good for your team.

Amateur

is there a way to solve it?
    Not that I know. As BSR managers we must suffer the indignity and inequality of it.

Amateur

Not that I know. As BSR managers we must suffer the indignity and inequality of it.
    FML. And that guy has the potential according to my assistant manager.

Amateur

FML. And that guy has the potential according to my assistant manager.
    Im be cautious about believing potential ratings of your scouts/managers. They go by league.

Amateur

Im be cautious about believing potential ratings of your scouts/managers. They go by league.
    Meh :/ He's free anyway. So why not sign him and try. But damn it! Freaking permits!

Amateur

My BSN Bury town in 3-0 up over sunderland after 30 minutes... why cant we do this in the league?!

Edit: finished 3-0. why does my team mock me like this...
    Last edited by Shrewsbury_howie; 01-11-2011 at 09:13.

Part-Timer

What problem?
    It's not a problem more like a rule. I'm have problems signing Brazilans who have 20+ youth caps starting in the youth side which seem stricter than usual so don't know if potential still plays part for the appeal as my ass man think he would be good prem in the future.

But with them being based in England and can't get a work permit for a english side shouldn't they return to Brazil?

Amateur

Quick question, why is there a team named "soccer am" in my game?

Part-Timer

Perfect tie in the 3rd Round Hope I don't get beat by too many goals.

Part-Timer

Quick question, why is there a team named "soccer am" in my game?
    A "funny inclusion" Did think Si stopped adding fake teams after Dream team.

Cast and staff of the show are in the team. I've got Tubes as my Scout!

Amateur

Cast and staff of the show are in the team
    I asume its a show then. Right. Odd.

Part-Timer

Yeah, it's a saturday morning football comedy/chat TV show that's been running for years. I don't mind their inclusion, but it's irritating that some of them are good enough to play BSN/BSS football.

Amateur

I absolutely HATE it when they do things like this. It's ridiculous. Harchester was a farce, as was the Glenn Hoddle Academy. If they're going to do it, it should be as an optional opt-in feature, not something that's put into our games and we only find out now when our long-term game is up and running.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    I absolutely HATE it when they do things like this. It's ridiculous. Harchester was a farce, as was the Glenn Hoddle Academy. If they're going to do it, it should be as an optional opt-in feature, not something that's put into our games and we only find out now when our long-term game is up and running.
    Glenn Hoddle Academy and other Academies are fine as it is real and does get players back to pro football but T.V shows make no sense at all having a gimmick.

Amateur

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dons View Post
    Bloody hell! Nice progress Dons, but what has happened to Leeds!?

Semi Pro

Great so now even my YOUTH INTAKE wont discuss terms for a contract!!!

Amateur

League One and results like that. What are your secrets? signing? tactics? tomfoolery?

Semi Pro

Right folks, say goodbye to my Worksop team. Not only could I not sign improvements to my team last summer, now that my youth intake dont even want contracts, I'm going to be reloading and trying again.

Anyone got any recommendations for teams to look out for?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Bloody hell! Nice progress Dons, but what has happened to Leeds!?
    Can't say, haven't monitored any big clubs progresses really. But looks like alot of sub par perfomarnces, and guessing going down to L1 from CH the first time, made them loose alot of good players.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Right folks, say goodbye to my Worksop team. Not only could I not sign improvements to my team last summer, now that my youth intake dont even want contracts, I'm going to be reloading and trying again.

Anyone got any recommendations for teams to look out for?
    Why not just resign and pick one of the new teams promoted?

Semi Pro

I did seriously consider that but it occurred to me that it could be a corruption in the game file - because surely youth intake should accept youth contracts by default. With that in mind, I figured it was safer to start with a new game....

Amateur

League One and results like that. What are your secrets? signing? tactics? tomfoolery?
    Don't have any secrets, besides just a lucky game. Playing a defensive 4-4-2, with options of even more counter defensive 5-3-2 and 4-3-1-2 as more attacking option (depending injuries which formation i use) from BSN i asked for more coaches when possible, and atm in L1 I have 14 coaches - Tactics - Training - For the Leeds game, they were placed 22 and players without confidence, whereas my players had loads of confidence.

From start of challenge I have tried to build a strong defense with Def R/L pacy and good str/tackling, DEF C with really good str/tack/head. Also playing zonal and stick to position.

Amateur

I did seriously consider that but it occurred to me that it could be a corruption in the game file - because surely youth intake should accept youth contracts by default. With that in mind, I figured it was safer to start with a new game....
    Thats a very good point. So what team are you looking to use?

Amateur

Don't have any secrets, besides just a lucky game. Playing a defensive 4-4-2, with options of even more counter defensive 5-3-2 and 4-3-1-2 as more attacking option (depending injuries which formation i use) from BSN i asked for more coaches when possible, and atm in L1 I have 14 coaches - Tactics - Training - For the Leeds game, they were placed 22 and players without confidence, whereas my players had loads of confidence.

From start of challenge I have tried to build a strong defense with Def R/L pacy and good str/tackling, DEF C with really good str/tack/head. Also playing zonal and stick to position.
    Coaches? Ive hardly payed any attention to training. Does it make that much of a difference?

Amateur

What team are you considering being?

Amateur

Coaches? Ive hardly payed any attention to training. Does it make that much of a difference?
    The more coaches, the more you can specialize training areas and split out workload - I reckon it wont make as much difference, in comparison to having poor training facilities. But thinking from real life. A team with 1 or 2 coaches, cant do alot of eg set pieces training as well as cover other areas, whereas a team with many coaches, can take the time to sub train certain areas of a players abilities.

Thinking game engine wise - in all other FM games, STR/STAM has a huge impact on player perfomance over a season, so that has been primary thing for me to look for. Also almost regarding how team has played, i aim to keep their confidence high as they will perform better. When you have played 500 games or more, a simple thing as press conference it is the same things asked over and over, you just have to work out, which statements goes best with your players confidence

Part-Timer

I'm just curious, why do you have any shooting at all for goalies, especially since its higher than attacking which i can understand since that includes passing.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    I'm just curious, why do you have any shooting at all for goalies, especially since its higher than attacking which i can understand since that includes passing.
    Regardless positions, i always put a little of each in training (except from outfield players training GK). There are probably many other ways to put training, but this is what I like to do. What was the name of the chilean goalie who always shot penalities? Whio knows when my keeper will have to do that? Joke aside, it is probably not "perfect" but it works for me!

Amateur

Glenn Hoddle Academy and other Academies are fine as it is real and does get players back to pro football but T.V shows make no sense at all having a gimmick.
    Yes and no. It felt like they were jumping on the back of a gimmicky addition on the basis of a nice tie-in they could promote in the press, which is pretty much how it turned out.

Actually - I partially take this back. I thought I'd read GHA had collapsed, but having read around a little it's still up and running.

Amateur

Can't say, haven't monitored any big clubs progresses really. But looks like alot of sub par perfomarnces, and guessing going down to L1 from CH the first time, made them loose alot of good players.
    They lost 5-1 at Wycombe!! I'd pay to have seen that.

Part-Timer

Regardless positions, i always put a little of each in training (except from outfield players training GK). There are probably many other ways to put training, but this is what I like to do. What was the name of the chilean goalie who always shot penalities? Whio knows when my keeper will have to do that? Joke aside, it is probably not "perfect" but it works for me!
    i don't have gk's training in it as shooting is just finishing and long shots - but should your gk score a 30 yard screamer feel free to post it on here to prove to me it is worthwhile

Semi Pro

Restarting as St Albans

Targets for season one:

Survive
    Stay in the black
    Sign at least one player who will be good enough to take us up in a year or two.
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 01-11-2011 at 12:26.

Semi Pro

Well, you know your injury crisis is bad when you start loaning players from below the BSN/BSS...

Semi Pro

Restarting as St Albans

Targets for season one:

Survive
    Stay in the black
    Sign at least one player who will be good enough to take us up in a year or two.
    Chin up fella. My game is starting to go down the crapper in season three as well. It's as if the game has decided to throw as many combinations of 2-3 month injuries/set piece goals conceded/goals from first shot/clear chance misses at me as is possible.

Part-Timer

Haha I beat a terrible Tottenham 1-0 in the FA Cup 4th round, Fulham in a 5th round replay 2-1 after a 1-1 home and draw and now on to Sunderland at home
    This is redonkulous!

Amateur

Restarting as St Albans

Targets for season one:

Survive
    Stay in the black
    Player suggestions or nay?

Part-Timer

Let's see how much just the United game in League Cup will give. Currently have £1,425,167. Could do with a lot with board planning to do the training and youth up at the end of the season.

Part-Timer

Happy with 1-0 but not fun watching a team all over you

Now got £2,019,308 so £594,141 gain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast