+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 3510

Thread: dafuge's FM12 challenge

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post

2-0 not bad considering they were all over us. Highlight for us was some world class freekicks from McKee which somehow did not go in. Still unsure how to play him.

Finances

Now at £759,608 so gained £675,783
    Joe Mckee? Cracking player, I used to play him at CM in the Advanced Play Maker roll - mentality: attack.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Quote Originally Posted by G_D_K View Post
    I'm sitting at only about 1/2 my wage budget....giving me time to slowly add to the team throughout the season as I find the right players. Hopefully this will keep me at/close to a positive balance at end of year...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenP View Post
    Im also comfortably within budget, waiting for a decent Striker and Goalkeeper to rear their ugly heads!.
    i'd be interested to know what your budgets are, as i'm right at the edge of mine, spending £3414, with a budget of £3341

in other news my season has collapsed. 3 points in 7 games since xmas leaves us 6 points off relegation

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    i'd be interested to know what your budgets are, as i'm right at the edge of mine, spending £3414, with a budget of £3341

in other news my season has collapsed. 3 points in 7 games since xmas leaves us 6 points off relegation
    Sorry to hear about your form. Hopefully it will be better soon.

About the budgets, I also want to know what people have. My first season my budget was £3100 p/w and it didn't go up for the second. Now, as I am in BSP, I have £4300 and I'm struggling as most of the players who would be better than the ones I have demand £600 p/w and more. I usually can get them down to about £400 p/w, but that it still to much. And we are losing money every month(except when the cup runs give me much needed cash).

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Sorry to hear about your form. Hopefully it will be better soon.

About the budgets, I also want to know what people have. My first season my budget was £3100 p/w and it didn't go up for the second. Now, as I am in BSP, I have £4300 and I'm struggling as most of the players who would be better than the ones I have demand £600 p/w and more. I usually can get them down to about £400 p/w, but that it still to much. And we are losing money every month(except when the cup runs give me much needed cash).
    Mate im about the same. was sitting about about 3500 when i was in the BSS and my first BSP year now they have bumped it up to 4400

Amateur

I think Didier Drogbas son came trough my youth system as he is half Ivorian. Unfortunatly, he's crap.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Drew the Cookie Eater View Post
    Congrats! First one to league two?

Amateur

Well done! I was Lowestoft last year, so they hold a special place in my heart. Glad to see someone else going well with them! Also hat-tip to whoever signed Fornasier, he was a rock for me last year at Crown Meadow.

Amateur

Currently with Hastings Utd in the first season, I'm sitting on £ 1677 of £3213 budget. Figure to up that incrementally over the rest of the eason (nearing the end of October now), bringing in one or two at a time as I try to find/fit them into my tactics. Hoping to keep under £2500 by the time I'm finished...will see if I can do that and at least maintain the status quo....

Amateur

I'm happy away win in FA 1st rnd vs L1 Colchester!

Congrats! First one to league two?
    Turns out most of my players had promotion clauses in their contracts, so now I have no wage budget to sign anyone.

Amateur

Margate | Blue Square South | 2013/14 | 13th

League table

Not going to post pics of transfers etc due to it being mostly the same team last year and my new players stinking up the BSS. Very dissapointed with this seasons efforts, especially after being so close last season. We struggled with injuries, egos, lack of depth, lack of money, and a lack of desire.

Hopefully next season will be better....

Amateur

How do i put a link into just one word ??? (was doing my end of season update and realised i didnt know how to do it

Amateur

woopdeedoo!!!

sitting in the bsp i managed to beat a championship side.

new signings are gelling well

bring on the new season!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sam97 View Post
    How do i put a link into just one word ??? (was doing my end of season update and realised i didnt know how to do it
    write your words (finances) then select the "link" button, the one with the globe and chain. copy your link in, jobbies a good 'un.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
    write your words (finances) then select the "link" button, the one with the globe and chain. copy your link in, jobbies a good 'un.
    Thanks ! much appreciated

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I like the colours you use for the attributes. Did you find those og simply tweak them yourself?
    They were alreay in the skin. I can give you the rgb numbers to get them if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Joe Mckee? Cracking player, I used to play him at CM in the Advanced Play Maker roll - mentality: attack.
    Yeah currently playing him there but got another CM who is quite good there so roating atm.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 27-10-2011 at 11:03.

Amateur

Well it was a year to remember for the red rebels as they fought there way through heartbraking injuries and still managed to gain promotion from fighting the play-offs !

Nearing the end of the season it looked as though a mid table finish was likely however the manager inspired the players too go on a rampage of great results and getting into the play-offs the highest position they had been all year !

Key Players

Matty Wolfendenhttp http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

Loris Karius http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

William Ekong http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

Transfers http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...rs_History.png

I have £19,022 balance....

Targets For Next Season

-Escape Relegation
    -Increase finances most likely by a good cup run
    -Get rid of any deadwood and bring in some quality players !
    Last edited by sam97; 27-10-2011 at 11:10.

Amateur

Well it was a year to remember for the red rebels as they fought there way through heartbraking injuries and still managed to gain promotion from fighting the play-offs !

Nearing the end of the season it looked as though a mid table finish was likely however the manager inspired the players too go on a rampage of great results and getting into the play-offs the highest position they had been all year !

Key Players

Matty Wolfendenhttp http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

Loris Karius http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

William Ekong http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

Transfers http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...rs_History.png

I have £19,022 balance....

Targets For Next Season

-Escape Relegation
    -Increase finances most likely by a good cup run
    -Get rid of any deadwood and bring in some quality players !
    Well done! FC United can be a decent team at times! gl in the BSP!

Amateur

Well done! FC United can be a decent team at times! gl in the BSP!
    Thanks yh they played quality football towards the end of the season but i'm struggling to find players to sign now !

Amateur

Thanks yh they played quality football towards the end of the season but i'm struggling to find players to sign now !
    If your in the BSP, wait till the !st july when players get released, ive managed to sign a few players good enough for league2 and league1 in my FCUM game. Good luck with the searching!

Lurker

Meet the new manager of Kingstonian ...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MattJD View Post
    Meet the new manager of Kingstonian ...

Good luck!

Semi Pro

I like the colours you use for the attributes. Did you find those og simply tweak them yourself?
    For some reason i cant get these to change on my laptop. No idea why. Whenever I do it, it "reloads skin" and no difference on the attributes.

Amateur

If your in the BSP, wait till the !st july when players get released, ive managed to sign a few players good enough for league2 and league1 in my FCUM game. Good luck with the searching!
    yh picked up 1 or 2 ive just scouted every league 2 and 1 teams including reserves and under 18's and theres quite a few 17 year olds that are better than my major players so gonna try and bring a few of them in

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    For some reason i cant get these to change on my laptop. No idea why. Whenever I do it, it "reloads skin" and no difference on the attributes.
    Make sure you have Skin Cache on. Then it should work.

Semi Pro

We have an up-to-date table. Oh, and an in-form Worksop side on my game. Too late for promotion this year but if we can carry it on till next year....

Amateur

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round we were drawn away to Dover and i gave us no hope and so did everyone else due to our current form and was unable to hold a team meeting to boost morale. but what followed i couldn't believe a convincing 3-0 win for us.

Our top scorer from last season our centreback getting upto his usual tricks sneeking in at the near post unmarked twice to score a header and a tap in, but the best was saved till last.

We were defending a corner deep into injury time we clear the ball to near halfway where McGhee our lone striker picked up the running the rest of the pitch before placing a well timed shot past the Dover keeper.

which has earnt a 1st Round proper tie away to Barnet

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Make sure you have Skin Cache on. Then it should work.
    Bingo. Thanks. I did the opposite deliberately as often you need it off to do similar things haha!

Amateur

Just looked at the table everything else is right but link is to the right screenshot but the label needs to be changea as it's still got 1st season label
    Last edited by reddevil4ever; 27-10-2011 at 12:46.

Semi Pro

Cheers RD4E

Amateur

Usa Hitchin Town FC - monkface (#74) - 2012/2013 - End of Season Review

I always confidently predict that I will make the playoffs but given the new iteration of FM I figured I would just aim for a mid table finish. I starting grabbing players immediately; I picked up thirty total over the course of the season. I should note that the players I picked up in the preseason paled in comparison to the gems I picked up from November onwards.

Despite almost no depth on the wings and consistently spending the second half of games playing my numerous skilled center mids out wide, stellar play up front and good morale got us to the top of the table (courtesy of a 20 game unbeaten run and a 7 game winning streak) and deep into the FA Trophy.

FA Cup

We rolled over two before a sloppy 4-3 in the rain away to Chelmsford.

FA Trophy

What a strong showing we had. Starting against a favored Braintree we managed to draw at home and I figured we'd go away and slouch to defeat. Instead we crushed them 4-0! We took shutout victories against Kettering, Dartford and Guiseley before another home draw with a favored Stalybridge. In the same fashion we came back away and trounced them 3-1! Our finest game of the season (not on final tally, as we had a bigger win, but versus the odds) was against Oxford City away - we destroyed them 5-1 including a hat trick by David Goldsmith (amid his 19 goals in 19 appearances start for our club!).

The players could smell victory and I gave all the right answers about avoiding complacency and we gave up only one goal in the first half. Then in the 53rd minute, Josh Lambo, my stellar keeper, picked up a knock. As I had no goalkeeper one on the bench I had a choice: leave him in with the knock (it was the "wants to stay in the game but his injury is holding him back" feedback) or sub in a defender at keeper and hold on to my lead. I subbed in Lyskov and prayed. I used "clear ball to flanks" and "get the ball forward". We gave up our first goal 3 mins later, then another 16 minutes after. Marshall clawed one back, but two more Oxford goals saw us level at the end of 90 minutes.

Extra time! If I could just hold on until the penalty shootout, I could make it! Three goals waved off due to offside in the extra period and we went to penalties. As their first man stepped up, I realized that I still didn't have a keeper so penalties were not my saving grace. Lyskov didn't get a hand to any, but the bar & post saved two. I had some useless backups taking shots for my side so lost 3-2 after 5.

End March & April & May
    With an injured keeper & with Bouzanis having thrown a fit and left in January, I was left without a first choice. I grabbed a 43 yr old non-contract backup and an 18 yr old off the heap hoping that somehow we could string together at least a couple of draws given how my boys were banging in goals. Despite Lambo's injury only lasting 8-11 days, a set of BACK TO BACK league games (with 5 games in the next 35 days no less!) ended in a loss and a tie. When Lambo came back we were seated in second & I hoped that the previous three games hadn't meant a loss of confidence. Thankfully we won the next 4 games & moved ourselves into first. We needed 3 points from the last 2 games & one of them was against the second place squad. Our hopes were high... until we lost the second to last game and went into the final game with Droylseden 1 pt ahead of them. A win and we're in, a tie and we're in.

We scored finally in the 73rd minute and I just prayed we could see thing out, until they drew a poorly decided penalty. As they made that I foresaw a second goal and a mediocre playoff run in my future, but thankfully we held on and we won promotion by one point over Droylsden!

PROMOTION!!!!

Fixtures 1 - 2
    Table
    Graph

Key Players (league stats listed)
    Josh Lambo - 47 apps / 29 conceded / 18 clean sheets / 2 MoM / 6.83 rating
    Well this made me proud to be American, or at least glad for my
    scouting prowess. Many have crowed about Bouzanis or the German in
    the first season, but I'm happy I found Lambo!

Josh Langley - 23 apps / 4 goals / 0 assists / 2 MoM / 7.14 rating
    One of the two center backs I picked up after Xmas. Langley was well recommended by my scouts or my backroom staff - not sure which. But I know he's league 2 or league 1 caliber from what I recall (scout report missing...)

Kevin Vennard - 16 apps / 2 goals / 0 assists / 0 MoM / 7.13 rating
    The other center back I picked up. I found him on my own in the player search, but 6'7", jumping of 17 and heading of 13... I was proud of myself for spotting this guy!

Mason Bush - 29 apps / 2 goals / 13 assists / 5 MoM / 7.22 rating
    Quietly collected the best rating of the whole squad, 4th most key passes in the league, 2nd highest avg rating behind Sheppard (we'll get to him...).

Christian Rofe - 14 apps / 1 goals / 1 assists / 1 MoM / 7.03 rating
    This was the first person I paid for, but only by accident. I spotted him by going through the player search filtered by youth contract and had to pay 10k compensation for which I was asked to adjust my wage
    budget. I didn't really read the email, just hit confirm... Decent physicals in the places that matter, good technical abilities and League 1 material. 16 yrs old and able to hold his own admirably in the BSN.

David Goldsmith - 23 apps / 14 goals / 2 assists / 3 MoM / 7.22 rating
    Where on earth was this guy when I was running Sheppard/Zapata-Caicedo out there? Though I thought they were going to be incredible & Zapata-Caicedo (third backup now...) was going to be most of the
    content of this post, Goldsmith came in and scored 4 goals in his first game (a 6-0 win), 12 in his first 15. Easily my best player this year despite only 23 apps.

Richie Barroilhet - 8 apps / 3 goals / 3 assists / 1 MoM / 7.01 rating
    Goldsmith's french compatriot hopped onboard only in March but they linked up quite well with Richie slotting in nicely in a deep lying playmaker role.

The Departed
    Tyler Sheppard - 24 apps / 13 goals / 5 assists / 3 MoM / 7.23 rating
    I was quite pleased with Sheppard but other teams came knocking about when I discovered Goldsmith, so why fight it...?

Dean Bouzanis - 1 apps / 0 conceded / 1 clean sheets / 0 MoM / 6.80 rating
    Sign Bouzanis as a key player, met Lambo and never turned back.

Other News
    We were the target of 4 separate takeover attempts but only the final succeeded and in May we got a new owner.

Manager of the year!

Next Seasons Aims

1. 15th or above in BSP - in my experience you have to keep momentum up the leagues because if you stall in the BSP you will spend 6 years there
    2. Youth - Find another couple of players like Rofe. Young guys with low compensation so I can start building for the future.
    3. Get in the black - we're about USD 170k down. Doesn't sound bad compared to the negative balances some of you are reporting, but it's not great!

Amateur

Pretty sure Kenny Windows installed my conservatory last year... nice to see him bettering himself!

Amateur

we were doing well in the 1st Round FA Cup game until my backup centre midfielder got his marching orders

we got outplayed and eventually lost the game to Barnet 3-1

Third Team

I've been in 14th position for 12 games now, can't seem to progress and the goals have dried up.

Quite tempted to start again, my finances are a mess and I can't sign anybody.

Amateur

just spent 2 hours scouting players

Part-Timer

A little update from me as I'm at work and can't get any pics out.

My side are halfway through our first season in the BSN, currently sitting top approximately 4 points ahead of 2nd. We're in the 2nd round of the FA trophy, but were unfortunately knocked out away at L2 Aldershot in the FA Cup 2nd round, missing a money spinning tie at home to Swansea. Fortunately the cash situation is fine thanks to the pre-season tournament raising funds.

Fatigue problems are starting to be an issue thanks to the weather - I've already had one game called off due to a waterlogged pitch. My squad itself is fine and should be enough to get to the end of the season. I've just signed a L1 level left back on £90 p/w who should help tighten up the defence a little. I also managed to get a 10% increase to the wage budget which is currently maxed out at £4.4k p/w

Amateur

Chesham United | Season 2014/15 | End of season | XaW #8

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Once again I tried to make my squad smaller and better at the same time. And, quite frankly, we are in trouble. We got a small increase in our wage budget this season, but we are still just barely hanging on financially. Our cup run this season helped alot, but we are still losing money. On the pitch things are looking better as we managed a safe 13th place. We had a good start, but we soon found ourselves close to the relegation zone. After struggling for a while we hit a form and rocketed up the table and towards the end of the season we were comfortably mid-table. We have had some problems with injuries and suspentions this season and we have had to use quite a number of junior players on and off as the season progressed.

In the FA Cup we managed a great run and even forced Barnsley to a rematch in the 3rd round. The FA Trophy also stopped in the 3rd round after to be winners Grimsby knocked us out.

Our best players this season has been Gareth Hutchison, Ümit Eminoglu, Anders Rĝmer and David Hutton.

Now, I'm hoping for a good season were we can get higher up the table and get a great cup run in order to increase our revenue.

Code:
    Season         Division             Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
     2012/13        Blue Square North    10th       Mid-table
     2013/14        Blue Square North    3rd        Promotion via play offs, FA Trophy winners
     2014/15        Blue Square Premier  13th       Mid-table

Amateur

Damn, board cut my wage budget from £4100 to £3600 this season.

Semi Pro

The race is most definitely ON for the first league team of the season? Who will make it out of the Blue Squares first?!

Part-Timer

Damn, board cut my wage budget from £4100 to £3600 this season.
    Pah! I'm making do on £2800.

Semi Pro

I find in lower leagues it helps to change to yearly wages. That way you can see exactly what damange a wage does to you in a year...

Part-Timer

The race is most definitely ON for the first league team of the season? Who will make it out of the Blue Squares first?!
    Think Drew the Cookie Eater has made it to L2. I should have a update up later.

Part-Timer

I think drew with lowestoft already has

Hopefully i will not this season but next - a 4 game losing streak is making me pull my hair out - world beaters to bums

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Pah! I'm making do on £2800.
    In BSP?

8 char

Amateur

Wow never knew that cup games generate so much income! lol i was totally in the red but 1 2nd round FA cup give me so much breathing room.....

Part-Timer

It's nice to be popular.

In BSP?
    Ah, no, BSS.

Amateur

This is not easy as Wingate . Just got my first points after 7 games, 21st in the league.

No-one wants to join either so i've just had to sign what I can and hope. I even resorted to looking at who you guys have signed which I don't usually do, and the vast majority of them wouldn't even talk to me !

Amateur

I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Karius has conceded 39 goals in 12 games, bear in mind,

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MattSpurs94 View Post
    I'm finding it really difficult in the BSP. I think Loris Karius is struggling to make the step up, so I've drafted in Jordan Archer to probably replace him. Thoughts?

Jordan Archer in L1 doing ok on mie so seems a good buy. and Karius wasn't that good for me in the few games he played.

Amateur

Yh im in the bsp now and he's struggling a lot too might have too look into a replacement but i think my defence is a bit too weak tbh so that's probably why ! tbh if you've got a strong defence then maybe replacing him is the thing too do, just dont regret it ! good luck

Amateur

mine still doing fine...perhaps need to work on your defenders??

Semi Pro

I think D the CE has, but he hasnt posted about it yet. His last post was just missing out on the BSP playoffs...

Amateur

lol i just jinxed myself....lost 4-0...hope the team can pick up from there.....

Semi Pro
    And here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know!

I think D the CE has, but he hasnt posted about it yet. His last post was just missing out on the BSP playoffs...
    He posted a screenshot of winning the BSP playoff final

Amateur

What a fantastic start to the bsp season...http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...s_Fixtures.png

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    He posted a screenshot of winning the BSP playoff final
    Needs to be an end-of-season report - as set out in the OP.

Semi Pro

Worksop Town | Season 2014/15 | Blue Square North

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers1 | Transfers2

The most up and down year I've ever had on FM. The first half of the season was pure inconsistency, followed by a long run of defeats, followed by a long run of wins, followed by a final spell of inconsistency. In fact, we broke the record both for the longest winning run and the longest run of defeats in the club's history IN THE SAME SEASON! I need to sort this out. One thing I've learned this year, though: MORALE IS EVERYTHING (far too much, really).

The pre-season was disappointing, as two of my key players from the year before wouldnt sign contract extensions. The loss of Mukendi in particular was a fatal blow in many ways, and was particularly annoying as he then retired aged just 22 after not finding an alternative....!!!!

In terms of the season as a whole, it was a case of as-you-were, which, in the circumstances, wasnt too bad. Even though my star signing was slightly underwhelming before spending the last 4 months of the season injured, I got only 2 points fewer than the year before, although I did finish 2 places lower, too. However, in the final part of the season, my form really picked up and I'm hoping that will carry through to next year, allowing me to make a fast start.

Major highlight of the season was unquestionably the cup runs. I got to the first round proper of the FA Cup, including a win over Grimsby, then beat Grimsby again in the FA Trophy first round, before losing to York in the 4th round. Impressive runs - and nice little earners too!

I'm planning on keeping more players this year as I think I have the basis of a good squad now. Three or four quality additions and a clearout of the chaff, and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to pull something special off next year. This year I only managed 3rd place in the Manager of the Year awards - given that I finished only 2 points behind where I was last year, I think this demonstrates the increase in stature of the club.

Key Players

Gary Murphy* - By miles the standout player of the season, and my new captain. A rock at the back. Won my first player of the month award.
    Matt Needham - The unsung hero. The Kolo Toure to Murphy's Sol Campbell. Not as brilliant, but every bit as effective.
    Krisztian Adorjan - given his outstanding attributes for this league, he was disappointing but I have high hopes for next season...
    Erico Sousa - Often played second fiddle to Adorjan, but stepped up to the plate effectively when Krisztian was injured.
    Wes Dixon - The £5k signing from Vauxhall was useless in the first half of the season but scored 8 in his last 10 games.
    Michael Kamau - My one and only international, the Kenyan isnt a superstar, but he's done OK.
    Umit Eminoglu - I have included Umit not because he was good but because he was poor. I think if he can fulfil his potential, we'll take off.

(*= fans' player of the year)

The team of the year
    The historical best XI into which ten new players were inducted this summer.

There will be players leaving this summer but far fewer than in previous years, and almost none of the regulars from this year. Will be looking for some quality on both flanks, and maybe a better striker than Dixon???

In other news, Wigan beat West Ham to win the FA Cup - Yes, WIGAN. Man City regained the Premiership crown (which they have won in three out of the four years, Arsenal winning the other one).

Code:
    Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievments

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13	    Blue Square North      17th	        45       Avoided relegation
    2013/14	    Blue Square North      11th	        58       Mid-table finish, FA Cup 1st Round, BSN Manager of the Year.
    2014/15	    Blue Square North      13th	        56       Mid-table finish, longest winning streak, longest losing streak!
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 27-10-2011 at 15:55.

Needs to be an end-of-season report - as set out in the OP.
    It's on the way.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Too late for a push to the playoffs, but at least things are looking up
    Last edited by dr p wigwam; 27-10-2011 at 15:59.

Semi Pro

It's on the way.
    Never doubted you, just pointing out why I hadnt yet updated the table!!

Part-Timer

Football League here we come!

Signed a few Italians since my last update so here they are.

Nicola Varischetti
    Davide Mendicino
    Emanuele Venturi

Only problem is Jamil Adam is going to expire next season and he wants 2.7k which I can't offer atm likely rise in L2 as well. Got Mendicino who could step up to that role but got no other players in mind atm. So what would you do?

A) Try to cash in
    B) Pay around 2.7k he wants if you can.
    C) Play and let him go for nothing (Small comp if they sign him before he leaves)

Will play the last few games and post full update.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Premier. 2015/2016

Table - We vastly improved upon last seasons' finish, securing a Play-off position with a game to go, Tamworth managed to take automatic promotion away from Crewe, we faced Ebbsfleet in the semi-final, and then Accrington in the final; and this was the final result, Lazenby finished the season with 34 league goals, so I wouldnt be surprised if a league club came in for him in the summer.

The Squad - This was taken at the start of the season, so there are one or two new signings there, notable players were Nicky Salter, younf centre back signed on a free transfer following his release from Leeds, outstanding season from the young man, jufging by his quality defending, I believe he will have a bright future with us, unless a big club comes in form him Robbie Sullivan wow, just wow, 26 goals throughout the season, definitely my man of the season, without his goals we would not have made the play-offs, and to think he got injured before the play-off final and had to miss out; Aaron Coleman another youngster picked up from Leeds, a very good signing chipping in with a few goals and assists, I would like to recruit a more experienced head to help him for next season if possible.

Transfers - Only four signings were made, whereas a lot of deadwood were released, these were improvements to key positions though, and should be good enough for League Two.

Finances - A big thank you to the board for their cash injections, I would have been £££ in the red if it were not for them.

Me

Aims for next season:

Survive.
    Make some money.
    Improve the squad.

Amateur

It would yes.
    Oops, he actually is Andersen. It's just me anglicising your language. Sorry.

Congrats on your promotion, Drew.

Amateur

Football League here we come!

Signed a few Italians since my last update so here they are.

Nicola Varischetti
    Davide Mendicino
    Emanuele Venturi

Only problem is Jamil Adam is going to expire next season and he wants 2.7k which I can't offer atm likely rise in L2 as well. Got Mendicino who could step up to that role but got no other players in mind atm. So what would you do?

A) Try to cash in
    B) Pay around 2.7k he wants if you can.
    C) Play and let him go for nothing (Small comp if they sign him before he leaves)

Will play the last few games and post full update.
    wow how u find all these regens

Semi Pro

Congrats, Drew the CE - Lowestoft are the first Football League side of this years' challenge!

Next challenge - who will be the first to the Premiership?!

Semi Pro

Beat BSP side Fleetwood in the FA Trophy, but that started a slump in form and now down to 7th in the league. Also £115K in the red so desperately need some money and fast!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    wow how u find all these regens
    Were on the player search were not interested to start with so just tracked them then took them on trial. 1 was at Parma and 2 at Inter.

Amateur

Ok, I officially have a problem. Its less than 3 weeks untill the first league match of the season and I only have a grand total of 5 defenders......

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

Things are going better than expected

Byt the way - how do I get the picture to be visible on the site instead of a link?
    Last edited by Blackmama; 27-10-2011 at 17:10. Reason: Question added

Semi Pro

Congrats on your promotions Welshwizard and Drew. Bring on Saturday and hopefully getting to install FM and start playing this year. Has anyone been relegated and restarted yet this year, or is it still possible I will end up with that dubious honour?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmama View Post
    Things are going better than expected

Byt the way - how do I get the picture to be visible on the site instead of a link?
    Click view full size then use that url and put it in the image icon (one with a tree in field and blue sky next to insert video) From URL and untick the box.

Amateur

Welsh Wizard - Are you allowed to scout Europe or just the UK and Ireland? That could explain why you could see these european regens.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Are you allowed to scout Europe or just the UK and Ireland? That could explain why you could see these european regens.
    Just UK and Ireland.

Amateur

Questions to all

I have a great striker that plays as DF and has excelled in that position. What kind of player would be a good pairing to enhance his play as DF. Im having a hard time finding a good partner for him. Im actually considering leaving him as a lone striker and play 4-4-1-1 instead.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Amateur

Just UK and Ireland.
    Hmm, strange, because I'm seeing precisely no regens from anyother region except UK and Ireland.

Third Team

After a good start we've suddenly lost all form. Still 9 points above the relegation zone, but we need to turn this around quick!

Amateur

Hey Guys, just started with Hendon: Manager Profile

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post
    Questions to all

I have a great striker that plays as DF and has excelled in that position. What kind of player would be a good pairing to enhance his play as DF. Im having a hard time finding a good partner for him. Im actually considering leaving him as a lone striker and play 4-4-1-1 instead.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Fast Poacher would be the best imo

Hmm, strange, because I'm seeing precisely no regens from anyother region except UK and Ireland.
    I've others but they are dual with English so don't know why. Signed an italian player and found 1 in u20 and added to shortlist but doubt that would make more show up.

Part-Timer

4 Wins followed by 4 losses followed by 3 wins (Against 2nd placed side Fleetwood, new 2nd placed side Luton (Cup), 2nd placed side Luton) . Lol consistency is not our strong point in our first season of the BSP.At

least we sold a player for a record amount for the club.....500pound and no i am not missing any zeros.

Anyone know how much money i would get from an away FA cup tie to a L1 Oldham side?
    Last edited by glennuk; 27-10-2011 at 18:09.

Amateur

I've others but they are dual with English so don't know why. Signed an italian player and found 1 in u20 and added to shortlist but doubt that would make more show up.
    Got any italian coaches? italian secondary nationality? Italian scouts? Any of them could be why.

Semi Pro

Could also be that they had been released from another UK&Irish club, or played for one in the previous seasons, as I've found in past versions they will often show up in your search, whatever their nationality

Third Team

It only took 20 games, but I've finally got my first clean sheet.

Part-Timer

Got any italian coaches? italian secondary nationality? Italian scouts? Any of them could be why.
    No got non at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbster View Post
    Could also be that they had been released from another UK&Irish club, or played for one in the previous seasons, as I've found in past versions they will often show up in your search, whatever their nationality
    Were all from italy.

Would they appear on it if I trialed them or put on shortlist as that may be why. As might of see the one in the U20s and looked around added them/trial then went to player search and signed them so thought they were already there.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 27-10-2011 at 18:37.

Semi Pro

Just hammered BSP side Cambridge United 4-1 to reach the last 16 on the FA Trophy. Next up is Mansfield Town, 9th in BSP, at home. Will be tough but is most certainly winnable!

Semi Pro

Part-Timer

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - Blue Square Premier - 2013/14

League Table/Graph/League Stats

A great season in the league finishing as champions. Just the 3 losses and most draws were after we won it.

Squad Stats/Transfers/Finances/Facilities

Key Player Profiles

Jamil Adam
    - Goals, Goals and more Goals again. Not as good as last season by quite a bit but still was main threat in front of goal.

Ben Williamson
    - Like Jamil not as good as last season but still was the link.

Robert Brady
    - Creative genius out wide. The goals he set-up with great crosses or cut-backs were unbelievable at times

Another great run but how many replays did we need Tight in the final but diving header from the CB got our hands on the cup again.

Fixtures | Final

Great run in the FA Cup. Only stopped by Liverpool but we welcomed the money.

Fixtures | Final

Code:

Career Overview | Season Team | League | League Finish | Achievements | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2012/13 Tooting & Mitcham | BSS | 1st | BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 2013/14 Tooting & Mitcham | BSP | 1st | BSP Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup |

My Next Season Aims

Keep building on the squad/get rid of dead wood
    Stay-up
    Decent cup run to keep the money coming in

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

Semi Pro

Ah we have our first consecutive promotions! Well done WW.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    Hey Guys, just started with Hendon: Manager Profile
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post
    If you're going to play two up front I'd probably go for someone who can use the channels. Say, Advanced Forward with decent crossing.
    Last edited by Scab; 27-10-2011 at 18:56.

Amateur

End of season 2 (2013/14) update - columbouk #1

Not posting pics as I haven't go the time at the moment, suffice to say it was a season of frustration. Losing only 4 games all season, I managed to finish 4th due to two almost identically bad runs, culminating in a combined total of 2 wins and 12 draws in 14 games. My defence was the meanest in the division by a country mile, however my strikers couln't hit the proverbial barn door. The play-off semi was a close affair, with a 2-1 aggregate, but I lost 1-0 AET in the final, with a 119th minute goal sealing my fate.

I've already been culling the squad for a real push to win automatic promotion next season, and have brought in Tina Turner (alias Tamer Tuna) who seems like he has a history of scoring 20ish goals a season, so fingers crossed this is my year.

Semi Pro

I'm "Stoke-in'-it-up"!!!

Part-Timer

First link to a job and it's in the Prem with QPR who finished 11th.

Amateur

My first link was with League 2 Exeter -_-

Amateur

Is it just me thats really struggling in the first season of bsp ???

Amateur

First real crack at this challenege for a few years.

After hopelessly realising Totton wouldn't come up for 20 years i settled on Kingstonian after getting bored of the same 4 teams every damn reload.

Anyway.

Profile to get us started.

Amateur

I think this is the season I go up (at last!)

Amateur

Is it just me thats really struggling in the first season of bsp ???
    Well, im about to post my first BSP update, so no you're not.
    Last edited by MattSpurs94; 27-10-2011 at 19:51.

Part-Timer

Turned Pro

Now to get players tied to full time contracts.

Amateur

Turned Pro

Now to get players tied to full time contracts.
    Well done! i look forward to going pro.... eventually lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast