+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 3510

Thread: dafuge's FM12 challenge

Semi Pro

Fuska is a hell of a player for that level. Where did you find him? I'm guessing he has dual-nationality but he looks like a CCC potential player. Great work.

Part-Timer

Well done Tapwater

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Can I congratule tapwater on his/her exemplary post? The number in the title helps me so much, and makes my job a lot easier. Thanks tapwater, and many congratulations on being the 10th promoted side in the challenge this year!
    no worry glad it help. anyway thanks for maintaining such a thread

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    Fuska is a hell of a player for that level. Where did you find him? I'm guessing he has dual-nationality but he looks like a CCC potential player. Great work.
    He appeared to my scout as another team in BSP tried to trial him, i saw it and went for the sign! France and Brazil

Amateur

I think I'm the only one struggling!

Semi Pro

Trust me, Dan, you're not!

Part-Timer

Just played one game of the BSP - won 5-0 - top of the table - Fair enough it was against the BSS promoted by playoffs team Bromley. But start how you mean to go on and all that.

However one of my best new signings got injured for 3-4 weeks grrr

Part-Timer

Can I congratule tapwater on his/her exemplary post? The number in the title helps me so much, and makes my job a lot easier. Thanks tapwater, and many congratulations on being the 10th promoted side in the challenge this year!
    I had the number in the title first Makes sense to aid in what way we can in the hard job of updating. Great work GreyedOutMan

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

My BSP Worksop side just got a cracking 3-0 win away to 6th in League 1 Swindon in the first round of the FA Cup. Missed a penalty too!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 26-10-2011 at 18:04.

Amateur

Like I just said before, drawing is a special attribute of ours. I suppose it makes each game somewhat exciting when a goal goes in... We just played Eastbourne who sit at the top of the league and drew 3v3.

We were 2v0 down come the 52nd minute prior to our comeback with Kelly and Powell scoring in the 64th and 80th minute respectively, even after Chaffey had to leave the pitch on 77 and put us down to ten men. I thought that would be it for the game, another 2v2 draw only for them to score in the 84th minute. But there's no stopping us, even with ten men and minutes to spare as Field struck the back of the net on the 3rd minute of extra time.

The worst thing about this enjoyable game was that whilst a nice salvaged point, we could have won when Powell got the chance to score on the 39th minute from the spot. But no, he spooned it. Story of my life.

Part-Timer

And how about this guy for a BSP player? My scout played a blinder finding him. Kristian Kostrna.

Part-Timer

4th in L2 Gillingham in 1st round for me.

Was 4 days after a league match and currently doing well in league so decided to rest key players and give playing time to those who needed it. Ended up losing and then the game gets moved 2 weeks back

Part-Timer

Just had one of my favourite matches in FM12.

Always complaining about how we are the better team and also how we never get late goals.......wellll.........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We were the better team....we won....and 2 late goals - PS: I take the credit as i changed to attacking mentality on the 80th minute after bringing on Baseya on the 69th minute (Was too tired to start)
    Last edited by glennuk; 26-10-2011 at 18:20.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    4th in L2 Gillingham in 1st round for me.

Was 4 days after a league match and currently doing well in league so decided to rest key players and give playing time to those who needed it. Ended up losing and then the game gets moved 2 weeks back
    What a result

Next up Notts County who are currently 5th in L1

Amateur

#37 - Northwich Victoria - Blue Square North - Season 1 - 2012/13

Blue Square South - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - Runner Up

Squad

A brilliantly tense and exciting season culminates in us finishing 1st, 4 points clear of Worcester. My backroom staff recommendations were crucial, as the team more or less ended up full of their recommendations, all being good or leading BSP players, with L2 to L1 potential. Hopefully, they will be on hand next season to give me even more awesome players.

Was rumored to be the favourite to take the Exeter job. No thanks.

We enjoyed a nice little run in the FA Cup, only losing out to L2 Champions Torquay 2 - 0.

Gutted about the FA Trophy. We blitzed our way into the final, beating BSP opposition 3 times. The final against dover was a tense affair, with extra time ending with us at 0 - 0. They went on to win 5 - 3 on penalties. Oh well, maybe next season.......

Transfers

Huge turnover of the squad, with a couple of early arrivers actually leaving later on in the season.

Key Players

Harry Bunn - Our top scorer with 29 goals in all competitions. Hopefully he can keep it up in the BSP.

Jon Honey - 15 assists shows how vital he was. His versatility came in useful in sticky situations.

Jérémy Hélan - I hear this is a great signing? He was awesome, and will be needed next season. And only on £150 p/w!

Next Season

Survival. Simple
    A new Right midfielder
    More money!

Career Summary
    Code:
     ------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season | Division | Position |          Achievements             |
    |--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
    |2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions, FA Trophy runner up  |
    Last edited by MattSpurs94; 26-10-2011 at 18:38.

Amateur

Semi Pro

HA! Managed to draw Grimsby in the FA Trophy 1st Round too! Already lost to them in the FA Cup...

Part-Timer

Signed some good players but they won't join till January now we are in BSP could of really done with them for Notts

Semi Pro

Is it only in the BSN/BSS that we can sign players outside of transfer windows??

Part-Timer

My ass man has helpfully pointed out i only need 12 points to guarantee a playoff spot, this with 4 games to go!

Amateur

You can sign unattached players at any time, any division, I think.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Impale View Post
    You can sign unattached players at any time, any division, I think.
    I don't think thats right, there are windows for them as well although they are for longer. In the BSN/BSS you can't sign anyone after april, they will join in june.

Part-Timer

Is it only in the BSN/BSS that we can sign players outside of transfer windows??
    Yeah seems that way. Thought BSP would be the same as BSN/BSS but it's not.

Another great result in the FA Cup. Did worry about injury to Brady but seems he was not bad as not injured at the end of the game

Next up a dream tie away to Liverpool

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - that should sort any money problems!

Semi Pro

Yes! 1-0 win against Grimsby in the FA Trophy!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Welsh Wizard - that should sort any money problems!
    Looking quite good atm 118k. Wonder how much just from the Liverpool game we will get?

Third Team

Ah, my star striker, who scored 11 goals in 11 games, picked up an injury and missed 6 games. Now he's back he can't score for Toffee. He's played 3 games since returning, made 7 shots but only two are were on target.

Semi Pro

I suck. Period.

Amateur

Heh, I was renewing one of my players contract now and he demanded a 10% wage rise if we should reach the top division. "No problems mate"!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by XaW View Post
    Heh, I was renewing one of my players contract now and he demanded a 10% wage rise if we should reach the top division. "No problems mate"!
    Good to see he's on the same wavelength as you

Amateur

Amateur

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Good to see he's on the same wavelength as you
    Hehe, easiest bonus I've accepted. And he has earned it if he somehow manages to stay with us until then!

Amateur

I lost my first game of the season to Bromley, i went 2-0 down, pulled it back 2-2 by pure attack and then went defensive, but i should of kept attacking and just toned it down a bit. But i would of been very happy with a draw, having been 2-0 down, but the great thing about defeats is that you can learn from them. Still we are top, if we win our game in hand.

GREAT NEWS! We have made it to the first round of the FACUP, but we must face wycombe. we are at home, but i think that will be a very tough ask indeed!

We soldier on, and my target in November is too regain top spot and try to get a result against the mighty wycombe!!! Come on Carshalton!!

Also Good luck to everyone else in the Defauge Challenge!!! I look forward to following your progresses and triumphs...

Amateur

Amateur

Amateur

Chesham United | Season 2014/15 | New years update

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

We actually got a good start this season, but it soon showed we had our work cut out for us. We only won 3 of the first 15 league games and was flirting with relegation for quite a while. In November we couldn't get a result no matter what, and our strikers wouldn't hit the earth if it wasn't for gravity. I took another shot at a team meeting and the squad responded quite surprising. I told them we had more in us and that if we could have a bit more luck we would started winning. My captain answered "Was that all you called us in here to say? What a waste of time!" That kinda took me by surprise and I asked the room, they agreed with my captain. So apparently they don't like my wasting their time. Good to know! Anyway, the meeting seemed to have an effect as we scraped us a win the next match, and then we hit our form. From the middle of November until January 1st our record is 8-0-2! This has propelled us up the table and we seem to stay clear of relegation, unless we hit another slump again.

We are still in both the FA Cup and the FA Trophy. We are up against Championship outfit Barnsley at home in the FA Cup 3rd round, a tie that should bring us some welcome cash. In the FA Trophy our next encounter is Forest Green in the 2nd round. These cup runs are the only thing that keeps our debt in control as we lose money by the hour. Still, our attendances has increased notably this season compared to the last and our average so far this season is 732.

The best players this season so far has been Gareth Hutchison, Ümit Eminoglu and David Hutton.

Amateur

Hooray, made it into the 4th Qualifying Round of the F.A Cup for the first time!

Semi Pro

Another polite request (sorry).

The mid-season updates are usually good reading so keep doing them. But if you could make it really obvious that they're NOT end-of-season updates, that would be great. Keep starting to update the table before realising its a January update!!

Semi Pro

To save me searching through 10 pages can anyone tell me if anyone has made kits / logos for this challenge yet?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by kccircle View Post
    To save me searching through 10 pages can anyone tell me if anyone has made kits / logos for this challenge yet?
    Logos

I've got kits but can't remember where from. Sorttitoutsi likely so check on there but if not I can upload them.

Amateur

Default Cerneo - Worksop Season 2 Review

Worksop Season Review (13/14)

Table
    Graph

Playoff

Playoff Highlights(Youtube)

(I took the screens apparently one day late, what I get for hitting continue half asleep last night tried to get what I could but I missed the graph screen)

Season Review: Great fun year, was attacking for 1st all season and had it for a few weeks then picked up a ton of injuries in early spring. But we held on and managed to make and win the playoff! Cups were nothing special but I did get better tactically, and by that I mean I just kicked it into the box and hoped my giant Ashby would get his head somewhere near the ball and he did quite alot. My board decided to take a massive loan to build a 6500 capacity stadium when we are lucky to have 400 show up to a game...I am going to be dieing under the weight of the loan. Having trouble signing players still.

Cups:

FA Cup
    FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Ashby - S - Stats - Found him sitting in my U18 when I was going insane not able to sign anyone a week before the season started, I dont really understand the new youth system I think he joined the team mid season or something, whatever the case he was a beast in the air and got alot of goals, however quite a few of them were useless...

McGrath - M - Stats - Spotted FC United trying to sign this guy and I would have none of it, came in with my first transfer fee of FM2012 and hes paid for it already.

Karius - GK - Stats - Not quite as good as I wanted, I think I might have to replace him soon.

Next Season: More depth again, low wages.

Part-Timer

Quick little update - I only do a big one for the end, so don't expect anything fancy.

1/4 of the way through the season and i am 9th in my first season in the BSP. Goal difference away from the play offs, and 12 points away from the relegation zone.

Currently on a 4 game winning streak

Lets hope we can keep this up, sneak into the playoffs and have a go at back to back promotions......one can only hope

*********Also my board keep injecting money into the club ******* LOVE IT

Semi Pro

I won a game!!!

Admitted, I found a tactic, dl'ed it and tried it. I got tired of trying my own stuff, seeing it failed big time.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post
    Worksop Season Review (13/14)

Table
    Graph

Playoff

Playoff Highlights(Youtube)

(I took the screens apparently one day late, what I get for hitting continue half asleep last night tried to get what I could but I missed the graph screen)

Season Review: Great fun year, was attacking for 1st all season and had it for a few weeks then picked up a ton of injuries in early spring. But we held on and managed to make and win the playoff! Cups were nothing special but I did get better tactically, and by that I mean I just kicked it into the box and hoped my giant Ashby would get his head somewhere near the ball and he did quite alot. My board decided to take a massive loan to build a 6500 capacity stadium when we are lucky to have 400 show up to a game...I am going to be dieing under the weight of the loan. Having trouble signing players still.

Cups:

FA Cup
    FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Ashby - S - Stats - Found him sitting in my U18 when I was going insane not able to sign anyone a week before the season started, I dont really understand the new youth system I think he joined the team mid season or something, whatever the case he was a beast in the air and got alot of goals, however quite a few of them were useless...

McGrath - M - Stats - Spotted FC United trying to sign this guy and I would have none of it, came in with my first transfer fee of FM2012 and hes paid for it already.

Karius - GK - Stats - Not quite as good as I wanted, I think I might have to replace him soon.

Next Season: More depth again, low wages.
    That is probably the smallest screenshots ever. My old eyes can't see a darn thing

Amateur

Wow I have no idea why they resized, looking into it now.

Ok it seems its on imageshacks end, if you hold ctrl + +(on keypad) it will resize the pics, not sure why they did that.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 26-10-2011 at 21:11.

Amateur

Incredible! Now for a replay away. Should be great for the finances. They are top of the Championship btw...

Semi Pro

Wow I have no idea why they resized, looking into it now.

Ok it seems its on imageshacks end, if you hold ctrl + +(on keypad) it will resize the pics, not sure why they did that.
    Strange. I actually used imageshack previously but thought it had some poor image handling, so I went to photobucket.

Part-Timer

I'll do a jan update when I've signed players but nothing big just a table etc. Should be there soon just finished clubs on fifa so back to FM

I like Steam screenshots which is one bonus of using it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Strange. I actually used imageshack previously but thought it had some poor image handling, so I went to photobucket.
    Yeah guess I will be switching also, very odd since its never happened in the past lol.

Amateur

MID SEASON UPDATE

I've had an amazing start to the first season.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...02600002b.jpg/

Also, this bloke has been a cracking signing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...102600003.jpg/
    Last edited by Leroy1500; 26-10-2011 at 21:23.

Amateur

Bad Month in November, we have struggled a bit this month, and hopefully we can turn things around in December. We went out of the FA Cup first round to Wycombe 1-0.

Amateur

If I'm lucky, I should have a season 2 update tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it, but if we carry on like we are now, it could be interesting.....

Semi Pro

It there a record for the number of own goals in a season? In the last 10 matches, I've made 5 own goals.. 3 from my GK's..

Amateur

Woop Woop, 2nd Round of the F.A Cup

Amateur

2 games of the season left. I am 5 points clear at the top of BSS. I have to play the 2nd and 3rd placed teams - both away. Tough.

Amateur

AFC HORNCHURCH
    SEASON 2012/13 REVIEW

TABLE SQUAD FINANCES TRANSFERS

First season with AFC Hornchurch arrived to a terrible squad spending £30 per week on wages and when season kicked off was still only on £480 per week. Really struggled early season despite and encouraging away point in the first game, this was followed by 2 more points from 7 games. The defence was a nervous wreck and the signing of La’Vere Corbin Orn (has everyone got this guy lol) steadied the ship. Our 9th game finally brought 3 points. From then on with more players arriving we improved week on week but could never crack the top 8. Towards the end of the season to many draws to make the play off's. We crashed at the first hurdle of the FA trophy but a stunning FA CUP run was the highlight of our season.

2nd qual. round 4-0 v Dover
    3rd qual. round 3-0 v Deal
    4th qual. round 4-0 v Maidenhead
    FA cup 1st round 1-0 v AFC Telford
    FA cup 2nd round 0-0 v Darlington
    FA cup 2nd round (rep) 5-2 v Darlington
    FA cup 3rd round 0-0 v Tranmere
    FA cup 3rd round (rep) 1-3 v Tranmere

An awesome performance to get this far and with the replays and prize money bringing in around £100,000 to help us to a small profit.
    Star players

Dean Bracken – Didn’t think he would make the grade but with the strickers we signed all disappointing it was his 21 goals from 41 games

Eoin O’Callaghan - January signing from Irish club Killmalock Utd. Awesome from set pieces, 6 goals in 20 games and a rock at the back. Will be here for the long term unless we receive a big offer.
    Next season plan
    Even with our cup run we still only just made a profit so funds remain tight, small improvement to the squad and hopefully a shot at the playoffs. Cup run would be nice again but will struggle to mach this seasons exploits. Maybe we can sell a player or 2 will help funds.

Such were the achievements of the season my fellow managers have voted me" manager of the year" not bad for finishing 11th
    Last edited by global1; 26-10-2011 at 22:38.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenP View Post
    Out of interest, how is everyone else finding their new signings?.

Personally, I scout any players reccomended to me by my staff, and trawl the list of players scouted by my scouts to find anyone suitable.

Those of interest I generally give a trial to and try them out in friendlies or reserve fixtures, unless I'm really desperate for cover, and then I may be persuaded to take a punt w/o trialing.

Anyone else doing it like this, or are others going about it in a different way?
    Personally, I am relying on my scouts and coach recommendations. They seem to be finding decent+ players for me (just had one sign that was predicted to be a leading League ONE player!

When I see news reports about younger players (going on trial with other teams, awards, dissatisfaction, etc.) I throw them in my scout pool to check them out at the scouts leisure. I don't like using the player search feature for these types of challenges...makes it too easy IMO.

Amateur

#6 Hitchin Season 3 update - BSS 2014/15

Squad Table Graph Profile Finances Transfers
    Awards
    Man of the Year - Player of the Year - Topscorer of the Year

A very good season, that finally saw us rise as the champions we knew we were! It was a very close raise with Eastleigh and Farnborough. Eastleigh had been untouchable most of the season, and didn't loose their position as number 1until game 39 of the season.

Went from the normal 4-4-2 to 5-3-2 throghout most of the season. Except a few highscoring games, we didn't score as many goals, but we neither conceded many. Theory was - if i could minimize goals conceded, i would score with the strikers i had at my disposal. Had i changed to 5-3-2 last season, that could probably have given advancement from BSS already there.

Cup run was a good one. Still no trophy's, but they will come

FA Cup: 2nd round exit to Sheffield Utd, who trounced us 4-0 away.

FAT: Runner up. Lost in the final to a very strong BSP team Ebsfleet. Scoreline said 1-4 in front of a crowd of 22262. Ebsfleet finished second in BSP.

Defense, midfield and attack had some new signings in Jan/Feb - who really made the rest of the season a breeze.

Strong players of the season:

Defense:
    - Poul Downing: Previously Cheltenham. Very strong DC. also helped with a few goals.
    - Giuseppe Simonetto: Previously West Ham. Strong DLC.

Midfield:
    - Kyle de Silva: His second season with us, previously Crystal Palace. Incredible with assists. 35 games 22 assists.
    - Toby James: Previously Man Utd. Fast MLC with good passing/crossing. 18 games 5 goals 6 assists.
    - Martin Fischer: Previously Southampton. Strong solid DMC/MC very good stats for this level.

Attack:
    - Tom Lawrence: Ex-Man Utd, free transfer from Corby. His stats aren't really special, but he can score goals! Attack was build on him over the season. 49 games 27 goals.

Looking forward to carry this form onto next season in BSP!

Code:
    Season	League	FA Cup		Other Cups	Europe  	Final Pos.	Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13 BSN	4th qual	FAT 3rd qual	N/A		12th		None
    2013/14	BSS	1st rnd		FAT 1st rnd	N/A		 4th		Lost in playoffs
    2014/15	BSS	2nd rnd		FAT Final	N/A		 1st		Promoted, FAT runner up

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil4ever View Post
    #18 reddevil4ever - Hastings Utd - Blue Square BET South - Season 2 - 2013-14 Promoted Via Playoff

A great season with reaching the playoff final against Eastbourne Boro and running out 2-1 winners

Things to do next season:

1) Avoid relegation
    2) Improve Squad
    3) Improve Finances by having a good cup run or two
    Congrats RedD on your Hastings triumph! I've just finished my second month---as expected it was a bit of a letoff from my first month, but I'm still sitting in 9th. The young 16yo Striker missed most of the month to injury, he's back now, and I've picked up a pair of players to slot in as well...a striker partner (Mannion---someone else picked him up in this thread too) that should help my scoring, and a midfielder I will name at the end of the season---both scouts tipped him to have League One potential, and he's playing his first match now.

Unfortunately, my FA cup run might be over before i begins...I drew rivals Eastbourne Boro away, and while I managed a 0-0 draw, the home tie is not looking good. Went down a goal in the 17th minute, then had my right winger sent off in the 29th....not looking good

edit: looking slightly better...Mannion just equalized in the 62 minute---still a long to to go....hope I can avoid ET!
    Damn....Mannion just missed a real sitter

OMG! A late stoppage time by my DC (4:22 into a 3 minute stoppage time) --- off of a corner that was played back in after a partial clearance) puts me up 2-1....and then, at 5:49 of the 3:00 stoppage time, he equalizes!!! Nooooooo!

A glimmer of hope...Mannion scores his second of the game in the 4th minute of extra time....now if I can hold onto this lead....
    Of course I can't....9th minute of extra time, Eastbourne equalizes from a corner...

1st half of extra time is through...game knotted at 3-3

Oooh....my new midfielder just shot a screamer from 35 or 40 yards that rattled off of the upright....so close!

Well....not the best way to have it, but we are level on 10 men each, as his MR just went off injured...2 minutes of extra time left....looking like penalties...

Penalties it is...and a poor start, as Mannion blasts his over the bar. However, Chenoweth saves Eastbournes first attepmt, so we're still level....
    Second attempt, Striker King scores, and his top score blasts his over the bar..... and we're in the lead...
    New midfielder scores for us, as does his 3rd PK taker....we're still up 2-1, two to come
    Hennesey scores for us, but his 4th returns the favor...3-2, one to come. If I score, we're in...
    High and wide Still a chance for him to miss...but no, it's level 3-3 after 5
    My sub CM calmly puts into the corner....
    and Chenoweth SAVES the last shot....for a Hastings Utd VICTORY!!!!

In the 2nd qualifying round of the FA cup (I know...sounded like a final, didn't it???? )

This was definitely a rivalry match!

3rd Qual round is home against div 7 Weymouth....*should* be less of a nail-biter.
    Last edited by G_D_K; 26-10-2011 at 23:13.

Amateur

Ugh my wage budget is so damn low, was able to bring in only two decent players...

Really worried about depth one injury and I am going to be a sad panda.

Part-Timer

Through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup! Beat League 1 Bristol Rovers 4-1 away in the replay. One of my youth players who scored 2 in an FA trophy match scored 2 as a substitute. Might have to keep him in the first team!

Amateur

Has anyone else had a team in their division get a good team as a parent club, and sign ridiculous players on loan?

Hinckley have Leicester as theirs. They currently have Neil Danns, Lloyd Dyer, Lee Peltier and Jermaine Beckford on loan. Jermaine Beckford for crying out loud!

Semi Pro

Has anyone else had a team in their division get a good team as a parent club, and sign ridiculous players on loan?

Hinckley have Leicester as theirs. They currently have Neil Danns, Lloyd Dyer, Lee Peltier and Jermaine Beckford on loan. Jermaine Beckford for crying out loud!
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...players-at-BSP

Part-Timer

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Tonbridge is ruling BSS in my game.

Part-Timer

Guiseley had Leigh Bromby and Billy Paynter on loan from Leeds last season, both solid Championship players.

Amateur

#48 Redditch United
    Season One - 2012/2013 - Blue Square North

Blue Square North - 1st

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round

An excellent season, a couple of sticky patches that we pulled through and some horrendous injury problems. Both LM's out for 12 and 3 months respectively, main striker injured for 3 months and others. Managed to get to the FA Cup first round where we were knocked out against League Two outfit Crawley. The FA Trophy saw us out in the 3rd Qualifying round somewhat unfairly with a 1-2 loss to Gloucester.

Highlight of the season

Scoring in the 94th and final minute to win 2-1 against third placed Stalybridge Celtic to claim the league on the penultimate game of the season, courtesy of an own-goal.

Lowpoint of the season

Getting stuffed 0-6 at home to Histon in November despite being arguably the better side, the game before being knocked out of the FA Cup. A bad week.

Transfers

The Key Men

Loris Karius - GK - A few of you have him. Played 40, Conceded 40, Clean Sheets 19. A great stopper.

Pelé - DC - Ex-West Brom defender. Getting on a bit but extremely dependable (except for a two-footed tackle with 2 games to go)

Chris Moore - RM - Not much to look at, but a goal every 3 games. No idea why he's deteriorating. He's training fine. BSP may be too much of a step up.

Lars Anderson - CM - Signed halfway through the season, incredible talent. L2 standard easy.

Glen Crowe - ST - Another old-boy. Lacks pace but has a fierce shot. Top scorer with 23 league goals in 41 games.

Jack Lyons - ST - 16 goals in 27 games. We're a completely different team when he's on the pitch.

Next season's aims

Get under my wage budget
    Turn a profit
    Cup run
    Mid-table finish/play-off push

Career Summary
    Code:
    | Season | Division | Position |          Achievements             |
    |--------|----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
    |2012/13 |    BSN   |   1st    |   Champions  |
    Last edited by Impale; 26-10-2011 at 23:25.

Semi Pro

What is Lars Anderson's former club?

Amateur

FC Midtjylland

Amateur

Much better month here, and two games in hand. Hopefully January will prove a good month again, and if we can finish the first season, even in the playoffs, then that would be a great result. obviously there is still a way to go, so will reevalute the situation at the end of January, but certainly we are still in the mix at the moment.

Part-Timer

Mini January Update

Table

5 points clear at the top which I hopefully can hold on too as don't want to attempt to battle through the play-offs

January Transfers in

Joe McKee
    - Should chip in a few goals from FKs
    Hope Akpan
    Matthew Pearson
    Michele Fornasier

Likely all play a part vs Liverpool.

Finances

£83,825

Liverpool up next so will post up score and how much extra money we made from it and also any more transfers as in talks with some.

Amateur

Oh wow I had Hope Akpan I think in FM2010 awesome to see him in someones game.

Amateur

That Joe McKee is amazing.

Semi Pro

FC Midtjylland
    Ok. Just weird that his name is Anderson. It is not very danish.

Semi Pro

I think FM12 hates me. I have the worst experience ever.

Loads of own goals. A ref that gives 2 penalties that wasnt there in extra time.

sucks!

Amateur

Through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup after thumping Woking 5-0, taking our FA Cup goals total this season to 23. A home time against Millwall awaits, not quite the big pay day I was hoping we'd have earnt!

Part-Timer

Oh wow I had Hope Akpan I think in FM2010 awesome to see him in someones game.
    Had him on Fifa when he was free and was star in L2 so nice to see him on FM

That Joe McKee is amazing.
    Good comp for places in CM so may try him AMR as IF or AP. lack of speed only worry but can't find any decent ones and I think he will do a decent job.

Amateur

Halfway through the season and I'm sitting in the last Play-Off place

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Ok. Just weird that his name is Anderson. It is not very danish.
    Oh right. I assume it should be 'Andersen'?

Amateur

Back at work tonight, but managed a few games before I left.

An away win, then a home draw was followed by a second draw, this time away. Then got spanked 4-0 at home against 10 man Cheltenham, and my 1st teams morale has taken one hell of a hammering.

Last edited by DarrenP; 27-10-2011 at 00:20.

Amateur

And I'll throw my hat in the ring with Wealdstone

Amateur

What's the point of talking down referee descisions, when there "still" is nothing to gain from it?

Part-Timer

2-0 not bad considering they were all over us. Highlight for us was some world class freekicks from McKee which somehow did not go in. Still unsure how to play him.

Finances

Now at £759,608 so gained £675,783

Amateur

2-0 not bad considering they were all over us. Highlight for us was some world class freekicks from McKee which somehow did not go in. Still unsure how to play him.

Finances

Now at £759,608 so gained £675,783
    Shame friendlies doesn't give the same cash

Part-Timer

Some more transfers in.

Jake Bidwell
    Kevin Long

And with the extra money improvements to the training facilities

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SonicAD View Post
    And I'll throw my hat in the ring with Wealdstone
    Best of luck.

Semi Pro

Flying so far! - Heading into November, 2nd in BSN, quite a distance off the top, but 11 unbeaten at the moment in the league and not looking like stopping either! Star striker Scott Bridges is unstoppable, scoring 15 goals in 15 games so far, the rest are supporting him well.

We did beat Histon 3-0 away, and if we keep playing like we are, have a decent chance of chasing them down, but we need to rely on them dropping points elsewhere too, which may be easier said than done!

Amateur

How are people finding the wage budgets? In FMs of the past, I've often gone thousands over budget, but it seems these days if you go over, you can barely offer anything. I lost a few good players at the end of the season, as I couldn't offer them improved contracts.

Semi Pro

How are people finding the wage budgets? In FMs of the past, I've often gone thousands over budget, but it seems these days if you go over, you can barely offer anything. I lost a few good players at the end of the season, as I couldn't offer them improved contracts.
    I'm well within budget at the moment, but the club is leaking money all over the place, and I'm not quite sure how to stop it. The likely promotion I seem to be serving up should hopefully help that.

Amateur

I'm sitting at only about 1/2 my wage budget....giving me time to slowly add to the team throughout the season as I find the right players. Hopefully this will keep me at/close to a positive balance at end of year...

Part-Timer

Varischetti debut goal as if he been playing with Williamson all his life and Mckee first fk goal

Go 1080p or doesn't look good.

Amateur

Im also comfortably within budget, waiting for a decent Striker and Goalkeeper to rear their ugly heads!.

Amateur

Chose Hitchin Town - finished my first season & writing it up now...

Here's the profile screen

Part-Timer

Here we go, new Hastings United manager

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur

Team Info

Manager Profile
    Manager Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babaginoosh - Tooting & Mitcham - Season 2012/2013 - 1st Year

Media prediction - 22nd
    Actual finish - 10th

A mediocre start in the season really kept this team back from finishing high in the table. I had a difficult time fitting players into their natural positions but mid way through the season i figured it out and the team went rolling. Keeping Ben Mackey was the best move i made, finishing his season with 21 goals in 36 appearances. Finding a position for him was crucial to my season and once i did the team went flying. After reviewing my team at end of season i realized we were very weak in away games, so its time to come up with some defensive away tactics to keep the team top of the table. Went on a 5 game abysmal losing streak, being topped off by an 0-7 slaughter at the hands of Chelmsford.

Overall, the season went well after finishing 10th. I was running about 200k in the red until our board made a generous fusion of much needed cash which left the with only 200k deficit This season will bring new challenges, such as resigning top players and finding new ones to plug holes.

Overall - Home - Away

Awesome record at home, terrible record away. Need to find the right formation for away games because im just conceding way too many. Goal differential for away games was -15 which completely killed any shot of moving up in the table.

Key Players

Ben Mackey - After moving him to striker and playing a defensive forward position, he shined and was my top player. 20 of his 21 goals came 8 games into the season, around the time i changed formation and placed him as DF. Problem was i couldnt pair him correctly with another striker. I think if he had a proper pairing he prob would have scored more.

Jimmy Beadle - More of an intangible player than anything by bossing the midfield and cleaning house. Keeping him for another season because he is versatile playing both cb and mc positions and great for defense. Missed 3 matches due to suspension, but expected with 20 aggression.

Jack Dunn - Midfielder that i picked up with 15 games left in the season. Great stats to be the engine behind the machine but didnt do much during the season. After i adjust positions and my formation im sure he will do much better, but his stats are just too good to let go at this stage.

Dessie Whelan - Regen CB i found out of nowhere that was too good to be true, and only 18 years old. Solid performer for a simple flat 4 defense im playing. Solid ballwinner in the back but too slow to really cover anyone.

Aaron Cole - Second best player on the team and played a solid right wing for me. Pacey, tough, can knock balls past opponents and set up crosses like nobody's business. Led my team with 9 assists, could have been much more but i had poor finishing with most of my team.

Next seasons plans
    Finish top table
    Clean house
    Hopefully get promoted
    Win a cup

Part-Timer

Default #56

Season 2012/13 Review - East Thurrock United in the Blue Square Bet South

League Table | Past Positions | Cups

Well, that went pretty well for a first season. Tried to play tight and strike on the counter, with varying results. Mostly because we aren't quite good enough in defense to soak up pressure without eventually conceding, meaning our 1-2 goals forward tend to yield a lot of 1-1/2-2 draws or 2-1 wins at best. With the odd freak result. Obviously a bit frustrating to be so few points off that last playoff spot, but I'm happy enough given we were predicted dead last.

Squad

It's an alright team now after a season of weeding out the deadwood and signing reinforcements, if only lacking a bit in depth. I don't have room in the wage budget for more players though; the board blocks any additional transfers. Kalipha and Higgins are clearly the main men here, both at the club from the start. It's pretty obvious from the stats how reliant my quick long-ball strategy is on these guys; hardly anyone else contributes much forward.

Transfers

Decided to start out with the initial squad largely intact and gradually replace whoever I wasn't happy with, so the transfers are quite spread out. In the end, hardly few though. I like Carr and Asante a lot, both very late signings, for strengthening the defense immensely and scoring some very important goals respectively.

Finances

Oops. Not that there's much I can do about this - we'd be going into the red if I so paid the team in peanuts.

Aim for next season: Somehow sneak a couple more players in and go for a playoff spot.

Code:
    Season    League                  Finish   Achievements
    2012/13   Blue Square Bet South   9th      -

Semi Pro

Oh right. I assume it should be 'Andersen'?
    It would yes.

Semi Pro

Some more transfers in.

Jake Bidwell
    Kevin Long

And with the extra money improvements to the training facilities
    I like the colours you use for the attributes. Did you find those og simply tweak them yourself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast