+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
    @Mr Demus: Solid first season. Hope you can build on this and push for promotion next year.
    Thanks. Yeah, so do I, but I have a big problem. I can't get any decent MC's, so I have to grab whatever I can get. Weakest spot of the team by far.

Part-Timer

Update: A bit superstitious, so I should possibly not do this update, but what the hell.

Halfway through the season I am sitting top with 10 wins and 3 draws. Undefeated. It will be a nerve-wrecking second half. Hope that I can keep up with the good performances.

Amateur

Jet setting in Norway along with Gundo... appointed manager of Bossekop

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9379/bossekop.jpg

Amateur

Default 2015/16 FC Charleroi

First Season in Pro League.

Season Summary:
    Great first season in the Pro League, took some major scalps of Anderlecht and Standard Liege, beating them both 1-0 at home and beating rivals Charleroi home and away in both derbies, and I narrowly missed out on a Euro Cup place by just losing the play-off against Genk. Players such as my left winger Lorenzo Camurri really came of age and it was a fantastic first season in the top flight.

League Table, Euro Places Play-off Group, Euro Places Play-off Semi Final, Euro Places Play-off Final
    Player Stats
    Manager Overview
    Club Overview
    Team Report

Next Season:
    Next season I expect to push further on and (possibly) making it to Europe for the next season, and hopefully I can take a few more scalps in the league and go on a good cup run.

Code:
    Season  |       League       |  Position  |            Finish            |      Cup    |   Top Scorer    
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13 |  Third Division B  |    2nd     |       Lost in Play-off       |  5th Round  |  Issame Charai  
    2013/14 |  Third Division B  |    1st     |          Promoted            |  6th Round  | Anthony Lorezon 
    2014/15 |  Second Division   |    3rd     |     Promoted in Play-offs    |  4th Round  | Abdallah Yaisien
    2015/16 |     Pro League     |    8th     |   Euro Places Playoff Final  |  6th Round  | Lorenzo Camurri

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Researcher View Post
    Jet setting in Norway along with Gundo... appointed manager of Bossekop

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9379/bossekop.jpg
    Welcome to the land of the vikings! Best of luck

Part-Timer

Promotion!! At last. Tollnes is now going to play in the next highest level in Norway, after four seasons in the second division.

Clinched it four games before the end, thanks to a man called Stellander and a late equalizer from Tromsø 2 against my fiercest opponents.

I am really delighted because of this.

Work tomorrow. Going to bed soon. But I just had to share my excitement.

Full update is due some time tomorrow.

Amateur

Okay, second season (well, third with simmed one) in Romania adds a new rule to Liga 2. After 22 games, the league is split in 2. So primary goal this season is to get into the top 6, so I will avoid the relegation group.

Amateur

Promotion!! At last. Tollnes is now going to play in the next highest level in Norway, after four seasons in the second division.

Clinched it four games before the end, thanks to a man called Stellander and a late equalizer from Tromsø 2 against my fiercest opponents.

Congrats Taunton. Nicely done

Amateur

Hmmm, with one game to go I'm 2 points off first place and the only promotion spot. I fear if I don't make it up this season I may bail on Hungary for now. I'll keep the save but I'm thinking I'll start a new save in another country, possibly in the big euro league thread. I'm losing enthusiasm when half the teams are wearing all white kits or all black if they're away. It ruins half the fun and drains the game of colour and interest. (yes, I know this is a lame reason but it does kinda spoil the fun)

Amateur

Serbia is quite annoying to manage in, scouted players from division below who were good enough for top league, signed them and they're not doing anything :s This game is very annoying and tough

Amateur

FK BASK 1903 Beograd - Midseason 2012/13

Squad ~ Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 14th-16
    Not playing too well at the moment. Only one 3 games so far. I don't understand what is going wrong, some of my players are apparently of Premier Division quality but... doesn't look like it to me. I need a new goalkeeper.

No players are standing out at the moment but I have some players who have high potential... My top scorer scored all his goals in one game... not looking good. Hopefully I keep my job long enough to get to the end of the season

Serbian Cup
    I wasn't even entered for this :s

History
    Code:
    Season     League          Position    Cup              Achievements
    12/13      First League    14th/16     N/A

Amateur

Hi there,

i was playing last year your chalange, but i didnt comment on forum. Here I go with SV Schwechat in 2nd austrian league...
    Last edited by Yerko van Basten; 07-11-2011 at 18:57.

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Excellent, well done Taunton. It must feel like a real achievement because I know how difficult that division is!

Originally Posted by Yerko van Basten

Hi there,

i was playing last year your chalange, but i didnt comment on forum. Here I go with SV Schwechat in 2nd austrian league...
    Great to have you here, look forward to following your Austrian adventure.
    Last edited by Gundo; 07-11-2011 at 16:21.

Semi Pro

Ok, decided to give Sola Fotball another go. Hopefully with what I've learned during my disastrous spell last time it can help me.
    Last edited by Gundo; 07-11-2011 at 16:33.

Amateur

Ended up in the relegation group. 3 out of 6 teams going down. Should avoid it though, as my team is way better than the worst in the league. So I am gearing up for another season in the second division

Amateur

Time to get this show on the road:

PARTIZÀN BARDEJOV

A semi-pro team in a league full of professional teams (the three I checked anyway), no staff (a goalkeeping coach who statwise should be able to hold a job involving toilets and cleaning) and players wanting to leave before I have my boxes unpacked (generic East-European name turns down latest contract offer x 3 is really what you want to see on your first continue), I don't see how this could go wrong.

Anyway...

the most fun about these challenges is always the stadium, so I present you Mestskư štadión Bardejov. Not too bad, just don't turn around. How FM thinks I'm supposed to (safely) cram 12.000 people inside I don't know, but I don't think I'll have to worry about that anytime soon.

Nothing captures the magic better than this youtube film. Wouldn't mind lending the sprinkler, looks very proffesional.

This is me by the way, and my weapon of choice.

*thanks to kremmen (@ SortItOutSI / @ SI forums) for creating the Metallic Logo Pack (including suprisingly a Slovak 3th division side, good work)
    Last edited by Jintro; 07-11-2011 at 19:26.

Amateur

My adventure in Romania ends here. Relegated

Giving it another go when I decide on a new country

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Demus View Post
    My adventure in Romania ends here. Relegated

Giving it another go when I decide on a new country
    Welcome to the relegation club with me.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
    Welcome to the relegation club with me.
    It's a lousy club

Going for Sweden this time. Holidaying through 2012 now

Semi Pro

Congrats Taunton.
    Best of luck in Sweden Mr_Demus.

Semi Pro

It's a lousy club

Going for Sweden this time. Holidaying through 2012 now
    Best of luck, I will look forward to getting a full scouting report on Patrik Burda.

Part-Timer

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2015 - Norwegian 2. division, group D

Table (1st, promoted.)

All good things comes to those who wait. Finally we got the promotion, and we had a solid season, being top all year.

Decided to be a bit more adventurous and it paid off. We started with eight straight wins, and sixteen games without defeat.

That was the cushion we needed to cruise in the league win.

I am very curious how we will do in the first division, but we will do every thing we can to make sure we stay up.

The board announced a new stadium, and that is encouraging, though it wont be ready until 2017, and the capacity is just 1258.

Best player: Mats Diego Skårdal. Signed him mainly because of his name, Diego after Maradona, and Skårdal is the name of a famous norwegian alpine skier. He was exeptional in his playmaker role, and provided 21 assists.

Top scorer: Atli Heimisson

Economy: Got bad advices from Berlusconi

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 33.000 p/w (30.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 0 Nkr p/w (90.000 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 272 (222)

Players in: 15 (20)

Players out: 21 ( 21 )

Survival is key next season, and I will also try to do better than Tollnes' best league placing ever, which is 16th in the first division.
    Have to say that a Champions league final seems light years away.

Code:
    Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    2012   | 2. div   |    11th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9)          
    2013   | 2. div   |     9th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
    2014   | 2. div   |     6th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)
    2015   | 2. div   |     1st   | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Atli Heimisson     (12)
    Last edited by Taunton; 09-11-2011 at 15:10.

Part-Timer

Biscotti's Belgian Adventure | RFC Liége | Belgian Third Division A | 2012/13 Season

League: 1st | Past Positions (Predicted 2nd)
    Championship Playoff: Losers
    Belgian Cup: 6th Round (0-5 vs. AA Gent)

Transfers

First order of business was sorting out the squad. I hadn't inherited a bad first team, but it was severely lacking in depth, so after cutting a handful of players who were obviously not good enough I set about bringing in the new blood. At the start of the season my average age was nearly 27, but is now sitting at a very healthy 24. Anyone who followed any of my career in Portugal last year will know I take a very Wenger approach to signing players, so this suits em just fine.

In terms of the league, it really was a bit easy. It's not like we stormed the league or anything, managing to lose 8 of our 34 games, yet we still ended up as winners by a clear 10 point margin. I was also very happy with our cup performance, knocking out Second division team Lommel Utd in the fifth round, although I'd have liked a slightly better showing against AA Gent.

The squad

GK: Cliff Mardulier
    DL: Willem Appiah-Ofori
    DR: Eric Deflandre
    DC: Yoann Barbet
    DC: Mateusz Kuzmicki
    MC: Abdoulaye Coulibaly
    MC: Bobby Mendes
    AML: Marco Ingrao
    AMR: Laurent Kwembeke
    ST: Rony Baynon
    ST: Kurt Weuts

Going forward, I'm fairly confident of our chances in the second division. I don't know that we can win it, but I would definitely like to have a good run at the playoff places. To that end, I'll be looking to strengthen, most notbaly on the flanks. Deflandre is 39, and while he's kept up pretty well at this level I doubt he'll be able to keep up in the second division. Aside from Barbet, all of my quality centre-backs were loanees, so I'll also be looking to improve in that area.

While I'm tracking the youth players to come through the club over in Neppo's thread, I'd also like to highlight a player I signed from one of the academies: Roger Kabana Sita. This lad has already shown he has an eye for goal, becoming the youngest ever RFC Liége scorer with a brace on his début at the tender age of 15 and 307 days.

Code:
    Biscotti's Belgian Adventure

Season	League		Position	Cup		Europe		Coefficient Rank	Belgian Pro League Rank
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13	3rd Div A	1st		6th round	N/A		N/A			15th

Part-Timer

Great work, Biscotti!

Semi Pro

And here we go again. Hopefully it will end abit better this time!

Amateur

Starting in Sweden. New manager of IFK Hässleholm.

IFK Hässleholm was founded in 1905. They play at Österås IP, a stadium which hosts 5500 spectators of which 800 can be seated. Their hometown is Hässleholm in Skåne County, and it has roughly 17000 inhabitants.

The club is probably most famous for having Peter Crouch on loan in 2000.

Semi Pro

Great season Biscotti, pretty cool to see Eric Deflandre doing the business even at that age.
    Last edited by Gundo; 07-11-2011 at 20:55.

Part-Timer

Thanks guys. I've actually been really happy with Deflandre's season, and he's also my club captain and AssMan as well. He's just announced his retirement from football for the end of next season, and I'm still undecided as to whether I'll be keeping him on as AssMan at the end of his contract - will have to wait and see.

Part-Timer

Good luck, Gundo and Mr Demus.

Gundo, nice to see you are not giving up on Sola.

And Mr Demus, have a nice time in Sweden.

Part-Timer

Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa 2012/2013 – Season 1 – Jimbowmanuk

After 2 unsuccessful attempts at this challenge I finally found a league to compete in. I took the Job at newly promoted Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa in the Israeli National League.

Chairman expects
    League: Avoid relegation: Achieved but only just
    State Cup: Reach 7th round: Not difficult we didn’t enter til that round
    National Toto Cup: Learn from experience: Managed to reach the quarter-finals

With no backroom staff on the books this was my 1st area to concentrate on but for some reason I could only offer £130 pw and no staff wanted to sign for that, fortunately I was able to sign player coaches for more money and the staff was in place.
    I brought in a lot of players over the year to help with my attempt at survival

Transfers

The best player I brought in was Norwegian Jo Sondre Aas, who finished 2nd top scorer in the league. One problem with Israel is that you can only register 3 non-Israeli players so I concentrated on Nationals instead.

League Table *note that after 30 games the points are halved and teams are split into 3 groups

Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

A good start to the league had me believing a top half finish was well within our means, but a midseason blip left us down near the bottom, the team started picking up results towards the end of the season and found ourselves 14th placed finishing 1 point behind guaranteed safety, meaning we had a play-off match against the 3rd placed team from the division below. We proved we were stronger than them winning 6-2 on aggregate.

State Cup
    We went down to lower opposition on penalties after a 1-1 draw

National Toto Cup
    Finished 2nd in our group and reached the quarter-finals but were outplayed and put out

In conclusion the end of the season form kept the team up and the board offered me a 2 year extension on my contract, goals for next season are to try and finish in the top 10 and perhaps even reach the semi-finals of the Toto cup.

Amateur

Good job jimbowmanuk. You've got something to build on

Part-Timer

Good job jimbowmanuk. You've got something to build on
    Cheers hopefully I'll get more consistency, its just good to get to a second season

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    Cheers hopefully I'll get more consistency, its just good to get to a second season
    I know what you mean. You feel you have a totally different relationship with your team

Amateur

Wink

After i took hot seat at SV Schwechat, i was well surprised. The board gave me 150.000€ season transfer budget and 120.000€ p/m wage budget. There were no staff but whole squad without regens. First i collect free staff and then went scouting and shoping and brought few players. But i didn't read the league rules quite well (squad can have 7 foreign players and only 3 over 21 foreigners can be in match squad)...i have 8 foreigners, so 1 can't be registered and only 1 is U21...so practicly 4 of them are playing while other 3 prays for injuries...

after 5 friendly matches (last two lost at home aginst Rennes 3-1 and 5-1 against Borussia M) i started away at Blau-Weis Linz (media prediction 7th) and won 4-2 and my 17 years old Mitja Lotric (free transfer from slovenian ND Mura05) scores hattrick on debut, then in every three days new match, two at home on Rudolf-Tonn Stadium capacity 8.000 we won both against First Vienna (8th) 3-1 and Rheindorf Altach (5th) 2-1 so we have brilliant start and our supporters Artillerie Schwechat are very pleased for now
    Last edited by Yerko van Basten; 08-11-2011 at 01:53.

Amateur

I was nearly caught out by that rule in Austria too Yerko, basically chucked out a bunch of foreign players I had. In the Premier league the rules are thousands of times more relaxed.

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

I will finish this challenge this year!

Has anyone got anywhere with Switzerland yet? I know Biscotti tried and gave up on em, but I didn't catch why.

So, to Biscotti, did BSC Old Boys turn up at all? And what was your reason for giving up on em? Also, to anyone doing Finland, how many times did Santa Claus turn up? And to the players of the Serbian leagues, what about Macva?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    I will finish this challenge this year!

Has anyone got anywhere with Switzerland yet? I know Biscotti tried and gave up on em, but I didn't catch why.

So, to Biscotti, did BSC Old Boys turn up at all? And what was your reason for giving up on em? Also, to anyone doing Finland, how many times did Santa Claus turn up? And to the players of the Serbian leagues, what about Macva?
    I didn't see BSC Old Boys, and the fact you have to holiday for 2 years (due to league changes meaning no promotions in the first season) followed by only a single promotion per year means you are very unlikely to get a team come up you actually want. The reason I gave up on Switzerland, though, was because things just weren't going well for me and I wasn't getting into it.

It's something I might go back to at some point, but I'm starting to feel things in Belgium now so it won't be soon.

Amateur

I would love to see the headline, Old Boys' youngsters punish veteran Young Boy's team at Wankdorf.

Amateur

After the Winter break in Serbia with my BASK 10 points out of 15 which dragged us to within 4 points of safety... things are looking up

Amateur

FK BASK 1903 Beograd - End of Season 2012/13

Squad ~ Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 13th-16
    Well after the break we won 3/3 and I thought we had turned a page but I just couldn't force a performance out of the team... like blood out of stone. Second time I've failed a challenge in FM, got relegated and therefore sacked. Anyone out there got any tips on how to do this bloody challenge! I am useless!!

Key Players
    Top scorer Steve Manu with 6 goals from 25 games
    Best performer Milan Milanovic instantly became a fan favourite with two goals in his first game after the winter break... as a CB!
    Milos Zivanovic scored 4 in 12 when I signed him on a free at the midpoint but it wasn't enough

Serbian Cup
    I wasn't even entered for this :s

History
    Code:
    Season     Team    League          Position    Cup       Achievements
    12/13      BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A       Relegated

Part-Timer

Mafino. Don't give up. Try another nation or team. I struggled big time the first two seasons, but now things are getting better.

Hope you will give it another go.

Update from me is that I have started the season in the 1. division better than feared, and now I knocked a Premier team out of the cup. So I am slightly more optimistic when it comes to staying up this season.

Amateur

I think I'm going to carry on in the save. Is there anyway I can take over some other team while having my original managing profile? So that when I start as the time the first game isn't really my first game in management as the game says

Amateur

This season is starting to go well i'm in the Belgian Cup 1/4 final and i'm battling for Europe for next season which will help me with finances.

Good luck with everyone that's started and congratulations to anyone doing well

Amateur

Well I am getting pretty fed up of this game now, I've made some great signings (I think) and do well in pre season and this happens (they're not even the best team in the league) Really starting to get pissed off now

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mafino View Post
    Well I am getting pretty fed up of this game now, I've made some great signings (I think) and do well in pre season and this happens (they're not even the best team in the league) Really starting to get pissed off now
    I'm the same, struggling big time again this season. It is the hardest starts I've had to FM's ever, I'm back in the relegation places and just two points from safety at the halfway stage. My squad is dire, but apart from that I'm kinda enjoying this years FM!

Just don't give up, it's as much about the struggles as the succes stories.
    Last edited by Gundo; 09-11-2011 at 09:10.

Part-Timer

I agree. It is nice to see that every team we choose makes a different challenge. I can only say that it will pay off in the end, even though it can be very frustrating at times.

Keep on fighting, guys. (Or girls if there are any doing Gundos challenge at the moment.)

Semi Pro
    Lusitânia Açores, Angra do Heroísmo - Big Euro Nation

I'm the same, struggling big time again this season. It is the hardest starts I've had to FM's ever, I'm back in the relegation places and just two points from safety at the halfway stage. My squad is dire, but apart from that I'm kinda enjoying this years FM!

They do seem to have made these challenges tougher for this season. I'm over in the Big Euro Nation, and no one in there even gets close to breaking even money-wise, wage budgets shrinking season on season. I can only imagine what's it's like for you guys. Well, until I finally get round to coming and playing over here that is...

Semi Pro

Another season completed at Tiller!
    Gundo don't give up my friend, you can do it!
    I'll do a full season review but i haven't got time tonight and i'm keen to whizz through the closed season to prepare for the next battle.

Part-Timer
    Airdrie, Scotland. The only place in the world where you get 4 seasons in one day :D

Going to get myself involved now.

Poland is where my career begins. The lucky club are Wisla Pulawy

As per usual, the needed proof of automatic experience.

Expectations for the season are to avoid relegation, so hopefully with a few additions a mid-table finish will be achievable

Semi Pro

Alright lads, I didn't bother with this last year but have previously been involved in other years and decided now is the right time to come back

Before I decide on my team I just want to let you know that Slovenia's reset date is 30th June and here is a link to 2 days before This was the one that I wanted but I couldn't get my choices of NK Svoboda Ljubljana or NK Kranj so I decided to try Switzerland which has a reset date of 20th June (not sure if that is on the OP but thought i'd confirm) (Link to 18th June)

I have a bit of a dilemma here before I start, FC Kliens are the team that keep coming up after being relegated in the first season (proof below)

I know in the 1st page it says that with the amount of teams that go down in the first season that is going to be tough to get a club outside those 6 but they won the Swiss cup whilst being unplayable. They aren't in Europe this year obviously and the Europa run ended as soon as it started

If they had won it the season gone i'd not have even considered taking them, in fact I really want Old Boys to come up but it isn't happening so thought I would ask the forums view before I took the job as I know that cup win obviously would have boosted their rep a bit more than it already would be. To balance things out a bit Grasshoppers and Luzern have been relegated over the past few years so it's hardly going to be a stroll.

Any objections then I won't take the save on and will keep reloading in the hope I get Old Boys

Part-Timer

Good luck, McNeil.

Dexter_Morgan I am not sure if it is okay, better check with Gundo. Good luck anyway.

Semi Pro

I'm not going to take it, if they didn't win the cup there'd be no problem imo as they went down and are fair game to take over if they come back up, but the cup win means it goes against the spirit of the challenge a bit. I really want to take a team that hasn't been playable at some point (even if it isn't Old Boys i'm taking the 1st that comes) but Winterhur are the other main team to come up and they have a sugar daddy IIRC and there's no way i'm taking that.

Part-Timer

Crossing fingers that you get Old Boys. Would've been fun.

Semi Pro

Cheers Taunton, if I get them i'll upload it too as it's proving impossible to get one team that's not been playable so far. I've spent 2 hours reloading and not 1 unplayable team at the start has come up

Part-Timer

Thats too bad. Maybe you have to holiday for another year to get an unplayable team?

Part-Timer

Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa 2013/2014 – Season 2 – Jimbowmanuk

Chairman expects
    League: Mid table finish : 9th
    State Cup: Reach 8th round: Knocked out in 7th round
    National Toto Cup: Learn from experience: Group Stage

A few players brought in to help strengthen my position in the league, had to concede to selling my best defender, Liad Berkovich, as I was £1k over my wage budget and the club needed £80k more than I needed the player.

Transfers

The pick of the new transfers is Yoel Chejanovic, picked him up from the Israeli trial match, was an important player when needed, also earned his 1st youth cap which makes him the 1st International under my reign

League Table

Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

A great start to the season saw us winning 4 of our 1st 5 games, and after 12 matches played we were sitting in 2nd place, but a mid season blip had us losing ground on the leaders, results started to pick up towards the end and we just missed out on a top six place on goal difference, meaning we would finish 7th at nest and 10th at worst, in the end it was 9th which kept the board happy

State Cup
    Spanked 4-0 in the 7th round

National Toto Cup
    Comfortably won the 1st game 5-1, before going on to lose the remaing 5 and finished bottom of the group

Goals for next season are to improve the quality of the defence and try and find a solid DM, also I definitely feel a top 6 finish is well within our means and possibly even an outside chance at promotion.

Amateur

I've completed season 2016/17 in my FC Charleroi save, and I finished 4th in the league and qualified for the Euro Cup which will be a great chance for me to make some money and shine

Part-Timer
    Airdrie, Scotland. The only place in the world where you get 4 seasons in one day :D

Pre-Season and early season update:

As this isn't a January or End of Season update I'll hold off with posting pictures.

Pre-Season wen't well after the players settled in and learnt the formation required.

Pre-Season results were:

Pulawy Tournament: 1 - 1 draw with Stal Rzeszow, 0 - 0 draw with Pogon Siedlce and 6 - 1 win over Siarka.

0 - 1 vs Swit (H)
    3 - 0 vs Ursus (H)
    0 - 4 Legia Warsaw (A)
    3 - 0 Avic Swidnik (A)

This season a tidy return of 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

We now sit 12 games in, and after a worrying 1-0 home defeat to kick off the campaign, we drew 3 times on the bounce before finally getting the first win under our belts on match day 5, a very good 3-1 over Wisla Plock which happened to be our first game on live tv! This was followed up with another win, and then a defeat, 2 draws and 3 wins. This gives us a very healthy total of 20 points and lets us keep our chests proudly puffed out in 7th place.

Hopefully we can continue this fantastic run and consolidate our position in the league, and look to continue to build our position from there

Semi Pro

I've given up trying to get Old Boys. I did get 10 previously unplayable teams though.

List

YF Juventus
    FC Rapperswil-Jona
    FC Le-Mont-sur-Lausanne
    Meyrin
    Schaffhausen
    Yverdon
    Schotz
    ES Malley
    FC Tuggen
    FC Echallens

I've saved them all for anyone who wants to use them as it proved very hard (5 hours of reloading) just to get these teams, i've also included a save on the 18th June (named save 2) for anyone that wants to try and get a different team (Good luck with it though )

Gundo, feel free to post the link to the folder in the OP if you want.

I've gone for FC Juventus

History

Club

Information

I've literally only just started as I couldn't make my mind up between them and Rapperswil so a coin toss has just settled it

My profile

Semi Pro

Cheers, I've linked in OP.

Best of luck!

Part-Timer

Best of luck Dexter_Morgan on making your Juventus the most successful name-sake!

Part-Timer

Yeah. Come on you swiss equivalent of the old lady.

Do they have black and white stripes as well?

Semi Pro

Cheers lads. They sure do Taunton, not as good as them though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yClwQfUgt2M (these videos have made determined to succeed )

Semi Pro

Relegated yet again, with two games left.

Semi Pro

Hard luck Gundo Looks like i'm in for a slog myself

I'll go through the signings quick

List

Taini and Buntschu were already arranged but they seem decent enough for now. Fontana was a transfer canceled so I assume that was because I took over, anyway I scouted him and bar pace he's not too bad with a 4 star potential so I took the risk.

My 2 scouts both picked out

Pinto
    Pesoli
    Derbali

as 4 and half stars and with short numbers it was a no brainer

Fischer was a bit of a lucky one as he came up in a report that another club offered a contract so I scouted him quickly and he had 5 star potential and was rated as being better than my other strikers (though i'm playing him as an inside forward due to a lack of numbers out wide) so it wasn't that hard a decision to offer more than he wanted and get him in as his versatility will be handy this year if nothing else.

The rest are nothing special just a lot younger than the ones I let go and potentially a bit better.

Mixed bag in the friendlies but considering I played higher rep teams I only had one battering (well 3-0)

First 2 league games i've lost 2-1 and 3-2 but again we haven't played badly but our fitness is shocking and I also had the problem that I either had to play a greyed out keeper or Taini who was orange in regards to injury. Goalkeeper is one position I need to sort more than anything else just for cover, but i'm struggling to find anyone at all even on loan.
    Last edited by Dexter_Morgan; 10-11-2011 at 20:35.

Amateur

I've just drawn Bordeaux in the Europa League 4th qualifying round after winning the 3rd and 2nd qualifying rounds, so I doubt we'll qualify but we'll give it our best shot

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_Morgan View Post
    Cheers lads. They sure do Taunton, not as good as them though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yClwQfUgt2M (these videos have made determined to succeed )
    Brilliant!! If you ask the board to upgrade the facilities, then they may put some chairs out for the spectators with the umbrellas.

Semi Pro

Brilliant!! If you ask the board to upgrade the facilities, then they may put some chairs out for the spectators with the umbrellas.
    I love things like that when I take over a minnow, helps you along the way

Really struggling at the moment, not in terms of being adrift as a win would move us from 10th to 8th and we've only had a 4-1 battering and only 1 other game we've lost by more than 1 goal. I've got most of the tactics right I think as there's no way we can just go all out attack, but my defence is slow so if I play too high up we get caught out, play too deep and we let 25-30 yarders in. If I can sort this little detail out i'm sure we'd pick up points at a better rate.

How did your Europa game go ThfcJoe?

Amateur

I lost it 3-1 on aggregate, 2-0 loss away and 1-1 draw at home so i'm out of Europe, but hopefully if we qualify again next year we can do well (y)
    And besides, my finances have gone through the roof, over £1 million now!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ThfcJoe View Post
    I lost it 3-1 on aggregate, 2-0 loss away and 1-1 draw at home so i'm out of Europe, but hopefully if we qualify again next year we can do well (y)
    And besides, my finances have gone through the roof, over £1 million now!
    Unlucky, was a tough draw though but at least you've got a bit of money now, unlike me, skint as anything

Until 4 games ago this would have been a doom and gloom report but from sitting in 10th i've jumped to 6th by switching to 4-4-2 rather than the 4-5-1 I started the seaon with

Aarau and Lugano were the big wins as they were both just ahead of me at the time, battering Wil like that was an upset but for the first time this season we had actually done what we had been threatening to do for a long time. Even in the heavier scorelines against it was more a case of we couldn't score rather than us being totally useless

Amateur

Couldn't get into my Sweden game, so I have decided to use Dexter_Morgans saves, and go for Switzerland. Schaffhausen is my club of choice. Will update post with profile, when I start the game.

Amateur

Good luck

Amateur

Ok, gonna try this again this year. Going for Hungary as I have never managed there before. Holidaying now

Edit: Ok, meet XaW, the new manager of Budafok.
    Last edited by XaW; 11-11-2011 at 21:15.

Semi Pro

Ok, think I'm going to try Sola Fotball for a third time after my two previous relegations, hopefully it might turn out to be third time lucky or if it doesn't FM's getting launched out the window!

I really had settled on them as the team I wanted to be, so I'm prepared to have one last try with them...

Semi Pro

Ok, think I'm going to try Sola Fotball for a third time after my two previous relegations, hopefully it might turn out to be third time lucky or if it doesn't FM's getting launched out the window!
    C'mon Gundo you can do it my friend

Semi Pro

Actually my second attempt was worst than my first.

Part-Timer

Yeah, come on Gundo. Your team just have to adjust to the heavy winds at the coastline there, then it will work.

Have to say, first seson in that division is a nightmare. Good luck again.

Semi Pro

Thanks guys. I know if I can survive the first season, I have a great chance.

Amateur

By the way, Gundo, the reset in Hungary is the june 19th, so for anyone playing there should save on the 18th of june.

Part-Timer

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2016 - Norwegian 1. division

Table (4th)

A fantastic season as a newly promoted team. We started as expected, with a home win and an away loss, but suddenly we started to compete and were in the top half all season. Last five games we had a great shot at promotion, but we squandered it with a home loss to a ten man Strømmen. We should have won, and with those three points we should have been promoted.

But all in all, I would had taken 4th place with both arms and legs if someone had offered it to me before the season.

Made some great signings, and it is nice to see that some of the important men from my 2. division campaign still have plenty to offer.

I believe we snatched points form every team, and the best perfomances were double wins over Norwegian greats Fredrikstad, and a cup win against Premier divisions Sarpsborg.

Best player: Torstein Mjonner. Got him for free in 2013 from Follo 2. Has been a major player for me. Made his best season this season, at a higher level, and is the backbone of my defense. Scores a lot of goals from corners as well.

Top scorer: Bryan Morel. Got him for free after being released from Rennes. Why he wanted to play for Tollnes I don't know, but has been absolutely amazing. I think he can deliver at a higher level.

Economy: Finally in the black

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 38.000 p/w (33.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 0 Nkr p/w (0 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 646 (272)

Players in: 20 (15)

Players out: 28 ( 21 )

Really optimistic after this season, and I hope I can get a few more class players and really go for promotion. And it will be nice to move into a new stadium and actually have some money.

Code:
    Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    2012   | 2. div   |    11th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9)          
    2013   | 2. div   |     9th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
    2014   | 2. div   |     6th   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)
    2015   | 2. div   |     1st   | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Atli Heimisson     (12)
    2016   | 1. div   |     4th   | 4.rnd |    N/A    |  Bryan Morel     (22)
    Last edited by Taunton; 12-11-2011 at 00:20.

Amateur

Wow, first competitive match and my star striker gets a red card after 18 seconds.... Go Hungary!

Amateur

FK Zemun - End of Season 2013/14

We are Champions!

Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 1st-16
    I can't really believe my eyes! We only gained 1 point from our first 4 games and I lost interest very quickly, so I holidayed to Christmas. At that point we were 5th and had only lost once since those first four games! My Togoloese regen Koffi Moumouni was absolutely killing it, so I decided to stick with the game. After the Winter break, the team looked amazing and Moumouni was basically dragging the team up the rankings.

Key Players
    Top scorer Zarko Lazetic with with 13 goals from 25 games
    Best performer Mohamed Traore a rock at CB.
    Liyabé Katoumbi along with Moumouni, took the league by storm!

Serbian Cup
    Like last year, I wasn't entered for this

Next Year
    Little bit worried with the amount of talent in Serbia but I'm hoping the step from First League to Super League isn't great, but I know I'll get dicked on by Partizan! If I stay in the division I will be happy. Finally some success!

Oh and Portugal won the 2014 World Cup beating Spain 1-0!

History
    Code:
    Season   Team    League          Position    Cup   Achievements
    12/13    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A   Relegated   
    13/14    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A   Promotion!
    Last edited by Mafino; 12-11-2011 at 03:01.

Semi Pro

Excellent seasons Taunton and Mafino.

Amateur

Schaffhausen not going very well...I am most likely going down again. It really is harder this year.

Amateur

As I predicted we are Relegated.

This is hard. Will give it another try. Just have to decide on a country.

Semi Pro

As I predicted we are Relegated.This is hard. Will give it another try. Just have to decide on a country.
    Sorry to hear about your relegation, it is tough. What nation you thinking next?

Amateur

Sorry to hear about your relegation, it is tough. What nation you thinking next?
    I have no idea actually. Norway, Slovenia, my home nation of Denmark, Ireland and a couple of others are on my mind, but it can be anything in the end really

Amateur

Went for Austria. Had a good time there last year, and the team I managed then came up this time as well. New manager of Grazer AK.

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

I'll be doing this one after Dafuge is finished. Already chosen my team, holidayed, and got that team. We're in Norway with Stryn, home of my favourite clothing company, Moods of Norway. Can't wait to get started on this!

Semi Pro

Went for Austria. Had a good time there last year, and the team I managed then came up this time as well. New manager of Grazer AK.
    Good Luck in Austria, how far did you get with them last year?

Originally Posted by Swinburn

I'll be doing this one after Dafuge is finished. Already chosen my team, holidayed, and got that team. We're in Norway with Stryn, home of my favourite clothing company, Moods of Norway. Can't wait to get started on this!
    Welcome to Norway Swinburn. Stryn is also the home town of the Flo brothers, Tore André Flo started his career there.

Amateur

Gundo: I played into the third season I think. Qualified for Europe, but then lost interest in FM for a while. They still have some of the players I had then, and it's amazing that I remember most of them

So fare we have been good. 4 games played, 3 won and 1 drawn. They have a big stadium, and hauls in about £50k per home match.

Amateur

I think there might be something a bit funny going on in this version that might make this challenge a lot easier than usual.

Europa league

Half way through the Europa league group stages with all 4 (RB Salzburg lost in champions league) Austrian clubs not only still in the competition but doing well in their groups. Rapid Wien are 2nd in their champions league group on head-to-head behind Inter ahead of Schalke and Shakhtar, it just seems Austrian clubs are doing so much better than I might have expected them to.

Amateur

End of season report 2012/13
    Table | Past positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

A surprisingly good season. I was expecting to struggle, but the team worked wonders from the start. Mainly our defensive players have been excellent this season as evident by how few goals we have conceded in the league. Máté Kiss has been solid in the back with the help from his defenders and one of them is one of our top scorers, Gergely Villányi. Even though he clearly has his limits he has been at the right place at the right time lots of times. When I took over the club we were lacking mostly all over, but we had no one even resembling a right back, but suddenly an agent asked me to take a look at his aging client. I usually don't sign older players, but he was way better than anyone I though I could get. Csaba Fehér has been one of our most important players this season providing both goals and assists from his right back position. All of his goals were freekicks like this aswell. One of our main problems this season has been finding a striker who can score, but luckily that problem was smaller when Norbert Kovács starter scoring loads from his right winger position.

The season startet good, but it was Orosházha who ran away at first when they won their 8 first matches. Around the midway point they started losing and we managed to get past them. We didn't look behind from that point as the wins came rolling in. Our low point of the season was when we got knocked out the cup. I was hoping to go far in the Magyar Kupa, but it was not to be. We got knocked out in the 2nd round by REAC.

Finacially we are struggling. The chairman has already injected £85k twice, but we are still deep in the red. It's not our attendances who are low, but the ticket prizes! A season ticket costs £19 and a match ticket £1.9! How on earth are we gonna make some money from that? Hopefully it will better now that we are up in the top tier.

Code:
    Season        Divison        Position    Cup        Europe        Achievments
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13        NBII        1st        2nd round    N/A        Promoted as champions

Part-Timer

Wisla Pulawy End of Season 2012/13 Report

Media Prediction: 16th
    Actual Finish: 5th

Table

A very good first season for the club. First things first were to get my favoured formations well known by the players, and bring in staff members to train and mould the team. The aim really was to finish mid-table in about 8th/9th, and some very good results seen us out-perform my expectations! The hard-work begins here though, as with a few quality additions I believe we can challenge for Promotion into the Ekstraklasa.

Key Man
    My key player for the season was my Captain Lukasz Giza. Scored 16 goals in 30 appearances and was the key reason we finished so highly up the league.

Polish FA Cup

We didn't enter this competition, despite our league rivals being in the Competition. No idea at all as to why though.

Signings

Our transfer dealings for the year were as so. The deals for Hus at £9k, and Waclawczyk for £3.5k were dealt for by the board when i requested funds for the transfer (as I didn't have them available). Our budget for the year was extremely small.

The stadium holds a nice 4,418 so is something I dont have to worry about until we reach the Ekstraklasa.

Finances

These are the only blip in what otherwise is a very rosey picture. The club made a particularly substantial loss which is a worry, as it's a bad way for a club of our size to be in £250k debt.

The aim for next season as mentioned, is to get promotion into the top flight of Polish Football, and also try and improve the clubs finances back into the black.

Amateur

Just beat Racing 2-0 on aggregate so i'm through to the group stage of the Europa League in 2018/19

EDIT: Drew Bayern Leverkusen, Panathinaikos and Besiktas in my group - very tough!
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 13-11-2011 at 23:11.

Amateur

FK Zemun - Mid Season 2014/15

Table 9th-16
    Well after we got over my characteristic bad start (this time 3 points out of 9) we got going on a 4 game unbeaten run and not getting dicked on by Partizan like I said we would! We only lost 1-0 away! Only really losing to the top teams, the guys around and below us are not as good as us fortunately. 5 wins 5 draws and 5 losses leaves us slap bang in the middle, if we keep this up til the end of the year I will be very happy. One thing I do have to change over the break is our defence, oen clean sheet in 15 isn't good enough, although thankfully we are scoring more than we are conceding!

Key Players
    Koffi Moumouni is my best player and my top scorer... he scores most of his goals in the cup however. 7 in cup and 4 in the league. Leiria from Portugal want him!

Serbian Cup
    First time I've entered the Cup and the draw has been lenient to us each time, but we have found Partizan in the semis. Over 2 legs we may be able to give them a go but we'll see I guess!

History
    Code:
    Season   Team    League          Position    Cup   Achievements
    12/13    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A   Relegated   
    13/14    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A   Promotion!
    Last edited by Mafino; 13-11-2011 at 22:24.

Amateur

Just managed to pull off the biggest shock I've ever seen:

I have a feeling Partizan didn't take this match too seriously seeing as as they only scored via a penalty and they barely troubled our goal. If we keep our heads screwed on we could be getting into Europe in my 2nd season (because the opposition in the final may well be the league champions or runners up Red Star)... something I never thought I would be able to say.

Amateur

FK Zemun - End of Season 2014/15

Table 11th-16
    The mid season point gave us 5 wins 5 draws 5 losses but after the break our squad depth was exposed... last season prediction about there not being enough talent out there came true. I was stuck with only one RM and he wasn't good enough for the division. Anyway, after a bad run of form towards the end of the season, we took it to the last day of the season where any one of 6 teams could have gone down or faced the playoff. Luckily we were playing Smederevo who needed a win to stay up, and once they got a red card it only looked like going one way, my way.

Key Players
    Koffi Moumouni was my saviour... scored 14 of our 34 league goals and 7 more in the cup. Best player overall, most assists, most MOM, everything. Due to my poor defence and wingers, without this guy I'd have gone straight back down.

Serbian Cup
    I was two matches away from European football because I would have met Red Star in the final and they weren't doing too well. We beat Partizan 2-1 away in the first leg of the semi but managed to lose 2-0 in the home leg, which I really found annoying . Hoping for the same next year!

History
    Code:
    Season   Team    League          Position    Cup           Achievements
    12/13    BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A           Relegated   
    13/14    Zemun   First League    1st/16      N/A           Promotion!
    14/15    Zemun   Super League    11th/16     Semi Finals   Just beat relegation & two matches from European Football
    Last edited by Mafino; 14-11-2011 at 09:53.

Amateur

Hi, here is quick report from my SV Schwechat game in Austrian 2nd divison. Because i don't have too much time to play, i'am still in first season played 26 matces of 36, after winterseason break, we are sitting on the top and have 11 points more than 2nd LASK Linz, so i think/hope we will be promoted. But alrady lost in Austrian cup 2nd round. We have 3 best league players (averige rating) and 1st and 3rd best league goalscorer...Tomorrow will post some screenshots...

Part-Timer

Biscotti's Belgian Adventure | RFC Liége | Belgian Second League | 2013/14 Season

League: 4th | Past Positions (Predicted 8th)
    Belgian Cup: 5th Round (1-3 vs. Ronse)

Transfers

This year saw an even heavier foray into the transfer market than last season, leaving only 3 players from my 1st choice XI last season to remain as starting players this year. Mostly this was due to my scouts finding plenty of players who would be interested in playing for us who were of significantly higher quality than what Worth noting is the sale of Sven Hensel, who came in as my first choice left winger at the start of the season and earned me a cool half million in the January window. This didn't exactly sort my finances, though, and we were leaking around £100k per month to end the season nearly a million in the red.

Our league campaign started a little rocky, but we soon stabilised and established ourselves as promotion contenders, sitting comfortably top over the middle of the season before a lack of goals caused our form to spiral horribly. The odd system for awarding playoff spots meant that even though we finished in the playoff positions, we didn't actually earn a spot in the promotion playoffs, which is extremely frustrating. Our cup form was woeful, which is disappointing as I was hoping for at least a little extra cash to come from there and help us out.

The squad

GK: Cliff Mardulier
    DL: Antonio Calderón
    DR: Michaël Jonckheere
    DC: Jonathan Heris
    DC: Mateusz Kuzmicki
    MC: Abdoulaye Coulibaly
    MC: Julien Villard
    AML: Anthony Limbombe
    AMR: Diogo Cunha
    ST: Rony Baynon
    ST: Marijn Vandewalle

The only player I'd like to single out from the first 11 is Rony Baynon, who scored 25 in 22 during the first half of the season before clubs got wise and started shutting him down - causing a 15 hour barren spell. Without his contribution it's extremely likely we'd have been left struggling in the middle of the table.

I have a few players on the way in already and it is my intention to push to win the league next season. I honestly see no reason why we can't do it, but with finances the way they are and no obvious source of improved income I may be forced to sell a few of my stars just to stave off bankruptcy. It'll be a tough balancing act, but I'm sure I can manage it.

Code:
    Biscotti's Belgian Adventure

Season	League		Position	Cup		Europe		Coefficient Rank	Belgian Pro League Rank
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13	3rd Div A	1st		6th round	N/A		N/A			15th
    2013/14	2nd League	4th		5th Round	N/A		N/A			17th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast