+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Default Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

The History

Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06 after I had a brainwave one evening. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' but just has a different name, I like to be different you see.;) It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully the challenge will be around for many more versions yet.

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.

The Set-up

European Leagues you can't use:
    England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Turkey and *Scotland.

*New FM12 League reputations - Eligible nations below the line:

Code:
    England          185
    Spain            180
    Germany          172 
    Italy            170
    France           155
    Portugal         145
    Russia           140
    Turkey           135
     --------------------
    Netherlands      134
    Ukraine          130
    Greece           125 
    Belgium          122
    Romania          118
    *Scotland        117
    Denmark          115
    Switzerland      114 
    Austria          112
    Czech Republic   112 
    Israel           111
    Poland           109 
    Croatia          108 
    Serbia           108
    Bulgaria         106
    Slovakia         106 
    Norway           105 
    Belarus          104
    Sweden           102 
    Slovenia         99 
    Hungary          98 
    Finland          90 
    Ireland          90
    Iceland          75     
    N. Ireland       72 
    Wales            58 

Getting started

-Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.

-You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database and
    you are permitted to load all players from your chosen nation however No additional players from any other nation should be loaded.

-Attribute masking should be enabled.

-The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

-Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the details are not important at all.

-Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated (each country will be different). An example:
    Norway's is: 20th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 19th January for Norway, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). This shouldn't take that long either. A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.

League re-set dates (+ denotes confirmed FM12 re-set dates)

Austria - 23rd June.
    Belarus - 14th February.
    +Belgium - 29th June.
    Bulgaria - 29th June.
    Croatia - 20th June.
    +CzechRepublic - 29th June.
    +Denmark - 29th June.
    Finland - 7th January.
    Greece - 19th June.
    +
    Netherlands - 6th July.
    Hungary
    - 20th June.
    Iceland - 5th January.
    Ireland - 5th January.
    Israel - 20th June.
    N.Ireland
    - 19th June.

+Norway - 20th January.
    Poland - 30th June.
    Romania - 30th June.
    +Serbia - 9th July.
    +Slovakia- 28th June.
    Slovenia - 1st July.
    +Sweden - 15th December.
    *+Switzerland - 20th June.
    Ukraine - 18th June.
    Wales - 20th June.

*You will have to holiday for two seasons in Switzerland due to new league layout from 12/13. you will be permitted to manage any of the clubs promoted, regardless of whether they were in the active divisions for the 11/12 season.
    Here's some saves courtesy of Dexter_Morgan.

Remember to save a few days before to ensure they are the correct dates.

-Then retire your original manager profile.

-Add a new manager, the options/details are up to you but 'past experience' must be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' or if that reputation isn't available then you must then select 'Automatic'.
    I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.

-Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check last seasons league table and the new clubs will obviously be the clubs not in it. To make completely sure that the club is eligible, check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank for the previous season.

It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.

It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines
    You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway. NEW. If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread
    -Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

-Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

-Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.

-When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your managers Personal Screen (it's the screen that shows your starting rep., dob ect.) on the date you take control at your new club.

-Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

-At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Good luck on your European Adventure!
    Last edited by Gundo; 18-08-2012 at 13:38.

Part-Timer

Great post Gundo!

Gonna try to get in here at some point this season if I'm done in Portugal (or just need a break from it). I've been wanting to try Holland for some time.

Third Team

Something weird is going on in the Swiss League. First season the Challenge League has 6 relegations and no promotions. League looks like it reverts to normal for the second season. So would need to holiday for two years to get a new team.

Part-Timer

I was actually planning on going into Switzerland for this, and was doing some research on who I wanted to play as when I came across this

It explains the "something weird" as it's just SI implementing the actual changes to the Swiss system. It does mean you'll have to holiday through 2 years to play there though

EDIT: This also means that there's a good chance of the same teams coming up as went down. Will need confirmation as to whether they are eligible for use or not, as otherwise it might make things quite tedious to holiday.
    Last edited by Biscotti; 21-10-2011 at 18:16.

Amateur

Well it seems Im managing in Finland this year as the missus just picked the number 22 and now all I need is a newly promoted team that play in black.
    Never managed in Finland before and Im really looking forward to the challenge.

Amateur

Holidaying now.

Tried this challenge for past two versions. About time I finished it.

Amateur

Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho

Finnish First Division

SJK (or Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho) is a Finnish football club from the city of Seinäjoki. SJK was formed in 2007 after the merger of TP-Seinäjoki and Sepsi-78. The club is currently playing in the Kakkonen, the third tier of the Finnish league system. SJK play their home matches at Seinäjoen keskuskenttä.

Town: Seinäjoki.

Population: 57,930.

Well they have a black kit, are based in Finland and I can abbreviate the name so the team for FM2012 is sorted.

Will update once the first season is finished.

Good luck to everyone who attempts this excellent challenge.

Semi Pro

Gundo - I love the mention of Patrik Burda, what a true legend he was/is! He has to be my favourite player of all time.

As you may expect, i am at this moment in time holidaying in my second home............Norway

I'll let you know who i shall be managing in the not too distant future......... Let the good times begin once again

Amateur

Kalloni Lekanopedio Football Club - AELK
    Nickname - Sardeles (sardines)

Greek National B Division

Team Info
    Team Overview

Manager Info
    Manager Overview

Two best players:
    Giannis Karelis
    Leozinho

Wish me luck
    Last edited by Babaginoosh; 22-10-2011 at 00:05.

Semi Pro

And so we have it..............

Today Marcus Evan Cook was officially announced as the new manager of ..........Tiller!

L
    et's see what happens from here, wish me luck!

Last edited by cookie15; 22-10-2011 at 06:53.

Part-Timer

Another version of FM and another cookie Norway save. Good luck buddy.

I'm sure I'll pop in for a crack at this once I'm done with the Americas challenge.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Another version of FM and another cookie Norway save. Good luck buddy.

I'm sure I'll pop in for a crack at this once I'm done with the Americas challenge.
    Cheers Razer, you know i can't resist a challenge!

Semi Pro

Good luck once again in Norway Cookie.

Babaginoosh if you happen across any sides that play on Zakynthos (Zante), that become promoted, could you post a save game for me, as I have just been told that I will be working in Zante for 6 months next summer, so am getting tempted to try a relevant save this year!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbster View Post
    Good luck once again in Norway Cookie.

Babaginoosh if you happen across any sides that play on Zakynthos (Zante), that become promoted, could you post a save game for me, as I have just been told that I will be working in Zante for 6 months next summer, so am getting tempted to try a relevant save this year!
    Ill defnintely keep an eye out. I just picked a random team to get started cause ive had the itch. Ill continue more saves to see if they come up.

Amateur

Finished all my pre season friendlies, had 14 in total and now think Im suitably prepared for the Finnish Cup 4th round.

Decided I will only be using finnish players in this save to add further difficulty.

Bought two players in total on frees including 1 exciting 17 year old striker.

Will be a shame to have to sell my brazilian striker whos got 14 goals in 14 games but Ive given myself 2 seasons to get rid of any non finnish players.

Pretty pleased I ended up with Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho and can't wait to play some more tomorrow after work.

Amateur

Can I just ask why we have to holiday first? I really want to take on a team that just got promoted into a playable division last season. As in, they were unplayable in last year's version to begin with. Isn't that the same as taking on a team that just got promoted a year into the game?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DrIgz View Post
    Can I just ask why we have to holiday first? I really want to take on a team that just got promoted into a playable division last season. As in, they were unplayable in last year's version to begin with. Isn't that the same as taking on a team that just got promoted a year into the game?
    No, that's the same as doing Gundo's FM11 adventure on FM12. Might not seem like a difference, but it doesn't quite make for the same dynamic.

Semi Pro

How would everyone feel about maybe once you have completed this years challenge (Domestic Title and Champions League), maybe being allowed to add more nations into your save? Thought it might be quite interesting to take advantage of that new feature and it would be a nice reward for people who do complete it.

Just an idea, Thoughts?

Amateur

Im not sure which challenge I am going to do first this year but I am setting up the ones I plan to do. I am not sure where I want to manage in this one. I do know what I want to try someplace I haven't been before. My shortlist is Netherlands, Finland, Norway,Denmark, Czech Republic, and Croatia. What I am going to do is divide the alphabet into 6 sections and randomly assign a team to each section. Whoever posts after this post the first letter in there forum name will determine the country.

Third Team

Would like to give this a go and possibly in Czech Republic after a 25 season game with Banik Ostrava in FM11, but i've already failed(given up) on the big nations one but i guess there is nothing wrong with trying new games.

Is the reset date the same as FM11 for Czech? if not does anybody know it?

If this doesn't go well, i think i'll have to start unemployed career game.

The Czech reset date for FM12 is the 29th, so saving on 28th would be best.
    Last edited by Charlesbeams; 22-10-2011 at 14:07.

Amateur

Forgot to follow up but I'm managing Newington in Northern Ireland (tried the challenge with them with FM10 so very much at home.)

Amateur

I think I failed at this a few years back with Killyleagh in N.I. while having some fun, so why not give it another go...

After considering Hungary and Iceland I ended up returning to the emerald isle although a bit further south. I had four teams to choose from and went with the coolest name, Cherry Orchard on the outskirts of Dublin. They play at The Lawns in Ballyfernot, and if this picture is anything to go by, it's going to be my kind of football.

Information
    Team

Probably will be slow going but hopefully I can stick with it long enough to get somewhere. AssMan claims we have a number of five-star players. I doubt it. Off to find better.

Amateur

I've joined the mighty Höörs IS, who are now playing in the Swedish Second Division South Gotaland. We play on a synthetic pitch at the mighty Färs & Frosta Arena, with a capacity of 600. Our first competitive match is almost 6 months away and the chairman is looking to leave.

Wish me luck.

Reserves

I feel sad . I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Gundo, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's challenge and LLR's will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on starting in Wales too.

Part-Timer

Gundo - I think LLR has included provision in BEN whereby if you get sacked you are allowed to add a different league and remove your current one and continue the same save in a different country without restarting the save. There has also been provision added for players to be able to add another league wholesale on completion of the challenge in order to attempt the challenge again in a new location while still following the progress of their former team.

Is there any confirmation on how we're working the Switzerland situation yet?

Amateur

Well based on my last post and Charlesbeam posting after me he has chosen Finland for me. Will start simming later tonight and pick a team then.

Amateur

Sounds fun, I'll give it a try. And when I saw that the Finnish league is home to the (soon to be) mighty FC Santa Claus, my choice of league was made!

Located way up north in Rovaniemi, we play out of Keskuskentta, a 4000 seat all-seater with a synthetic surface. Of course, with a season ticket base of 75, I can't see us filling it any time soon. Training and youth facilities are adequate, although the youth facilities are rented. Junior coaching and youth recruitment is very poor, don't think I can count on any star youth coming through the system.

The media is predicting a last place finish, let's hope we can beat that!

Amateur

Hi, Gundo. Good luck with the challenge this year. As always I am following this thread with great interest. Consider to try the challenge myself, but will get a bit more familiar with FM12 first.

One question though, if you are holidaying Norway, or other countries that have their season from march to november, do you holiday the year 2011, or do you holiday 2012?

Because you can start in january 2011 in Norway.

Amateur

A month or so into the season and I've signed way too many players, as usual. Doing more or less as well as expected, 9th/13 in the league and through to the first round of the league cup. My 4-2-3-1 might be slightly ambitious for this level, but I'll give it a couple more weeks to settle.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    Is there any confirmation on how we're working the Switzerland situation yet?
    I'm going to say yes you will be allowed to take over the any of the clubs promoted after holidaying for two seasons, otherwise it would result in Switzerland becoming a non playable nation within the challenge.

Out of interest, have you checked the editor to compare club reps between the divisions? Is there a big difference?

Semi Pro

Gundo - I think LLR has included provision in BEN whereby if you get sacked you are allowed to add a different league and remove your current one and continue the same save in a different country without restarting the save. There has also been provision added for players to be able to add another league wholesale on completion of the challenge in order to attempt the challenge again in a new location while still following the progress of their former team.
    How do we all feel about this?

I'm not too sure how it is actually going to work with regards to what things are left in the game once a Nation is switched off.

It has always been my aim to keep this challenge simple and easy to understand, that is something I plan to keep doing.

I think it's something we will have to monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I feel sad . I wanted to achieve something spectacular for FM12 by completing all challenges or attempting too that are in the CSE. Having read the rules of this thread, it seems that dafuge's, LLR's and yours don't interlock, only just though as dafuge's save requires you to use a customised database with the three feeder divisions that go into the BSS/BSN. Gundo, do you think that you could make an exception? The time it will probably take me to complete dafuge's challenge and LLR's will probably minimise the effect on the save hopefully. I planned on starting in Wales too.
    I'm not actually sure what your asking?
    Last edited by Gundo; 23-10-2011 at 16:09.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cookie15 View Post
    Gundo - I love the mention of Patrik Burda, what a true legend he was/is! He has to be my favourite player of all time.

As you may expect, i am at this moment in time holidaying in my second home............Norway

I'll let you know who i shall be managing in the not too distant future......... Let the good times begin once again
    True Legend Mr Burda.

Best of luck with your Tiller adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
    Hi, Gundo. Good luck with the challenge this year. As always I am following this thread with great interest. Consider to try the challenge myself, but will get a bit more familiar with FM12 first.

One question though, if you are holidaying Norway, or other countries that have their season from march to november, do you holiday the year 2011, or do you holiday 2012?

Because you can start in january 2011 in Norway.
    Thanks Taunton. I think I'm going to get started on this fairly soon in Norway.

You can start on either date and then holiday for a year. I chose 2011 and then holidayed.
    Last edited by Gundo; 23-10-2011 at 16:02.

Part-Timer

From what I've read in BEN, the country switching upon a sacking is under the assumption that the game maintains roughly the same size database. If it turns out to not do so then it will probably be disallowed.

As for the reps, I've not bothered to look at the clubs - just want to dive in now I'm finally done working for the weekend

Semi Pro

Sola FK unveiled Gundo as their new manager.

So then my FM12 adventure is under way and once again I'm back in Norway, in the municipality of Sola, Rogaland a region just outside Stavanger.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
    Sola FK unveiled Gundo as their new manager.

So then my FM12 adventure is under way and once again I'm back in Norway, in the municipality of Sola, Rogaland a region just outside Stavanger.
    You are near the airport, so when the european fixtures are coming, then travelling will be easy. Good luck!

Part-Timer

I can confirm the Swiss reset date is still June 20th

After maybe only 7 or 8 reloads, I managed to get a team that wasn't a) Liechtensteiner and b) in the Challenge League at the start of the game.

Meet Lionel Aguerre (information screen), new manager at FC Meyrin, playing in the city of Meyrin - the closest city to the CERN particle physics labartory.

The club play their home games at Stade de Bois-Carré, with an in-game capacity of a mighty 1000(500 seated).

My journey begins here

Semi Pro

You are near the airport, so when the european fixtures are coming, then travelling will be easy. Good luck!
    Haha good point, although Europe seems a long way away at present...

I can confirm the Swiss reset date is still June 20th

After maybe only 7 or 8 reloads, I managed to get a team that wasn't a) Liechtensteiner and b) in the Challenge League at the start of the game.

Meet Lionel Aguerre (information screen), new manager at FC Meyrin, playing in the city of Meyrin - the closest city to the CERN particle physics labartory.

The club play their home games at Stade de Bois-Carré, with an in-game capacity of a mighty 1000(500 seated).

My journey begins here
    Best of luck Biscotti and cheers for the re-set date.
    Last edited by Gundo; 23-10-2011 at 19:21.

Part-Timer

Looks like I lucked out a little, having this guy already part of the squad when I joined. He looks absolutely ridiculous compared to the rest of the players I've got.

Semi Pro

Looks like a real gem! Do your coaches rate him potential wise?

Amateur

Looks like a few people are managing in Finland, I'm pretty happy with my start at SJK, played 7 W4 D1 L2, hoping I can keep this up for the full season as Id be delighted with a 3rd place finish.
    Only downside is I've lost my top player for 3 months.
    For any guys playing in Finland check out Daniel Caumo, he's scored 17 goals in 18 games including friendlies.

Part-Timer

Looks like a real gem! Do your coaches rate him potential wise?
    4.5* current, 5* potential. Not that I trust my coaches all that much, seeing as I had zero staff upon joining the club and had to make do with what I could get quickly.

Amateur

I was initially going to start in Iceland but then decided I'd take something easier for starters.

Holiday'd many seasons (I quite like regens being around early) and took over the fallen bankrupt and refounded giant, SK Austria Klagenfurt which thanks to Euro 2008 has a 32000 seater stadium. My intertübes are clogged at home at the moment so screenshots later.

Semi Pro

I had a reply back off Nep this morning and he is planning on opening up an FM12 thread for The Danny Roberts Challenge again.

Always found this a great thread to follow down the years, just wish I had a player worthy enough to post up.

Maybe this year I'll find a Norwegian candidate.

First Team Squad Member

As ever, if anyone completes this with a Slovenian team, I will be utterly amazed. I may even stretch to a cash prize. I've been trying since 2006, to no avail.

Expect I'll have another crack at some point this year, but perhaps not yet.

Amateur

I've decided to do this challenge aswell, starting in Norway. I have taken control of Modum FK, who were only founded in 2007.

Team Profile
    Manager Info
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 25-10-2011 at 15:00.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by spotg View Post
    As ever, if anyone completes this with a Slovenian team, I will be utterly amazed. I may even stretch to a cash prize. I've been trying since 2006, to no avail.

Expect I'll have another crack at some point this year, but perhaps not yet.
    I would have thought that it would have become easier over the last couple of versions, especially with the dynamic league reputation. Should be able to encourage better players into the league. Maybe this will be the year you can crack it.

Semi Pro

How are people finding players to sign and what with Scouts working differently, it seems to make it much harder. I try to rarely use the Player search/Transfer centre thing either.
    Last edited by Gundo; 24-10-2011 at 20:41.

Amateur

Well. Finally I will give this challenge a decent shot. Meet Hugo Flink, the new manager of Tollnes in Norway.

Flink means clever in Norwegian, and I have to be, if I want to bring success to this club.

I would like to do the challenge in my home country and choose a club not far from where I grew up. So I went for Tollnes, a club I always have had a soft spot for.

I am not familiar with doing the updates and so, but hopefully I will learn as the game evolves.

Media prediction is 12th, and they have an artificial turf. The club is squeezed in between two cities, just about on the border between them, so they don't have much support. This could be interesting
    Last edited by Taunton; 24-10-2011 at 19:01.

Amateur

First time attempting this challenge but I have followed last year's thread, I'm going to be different to others and go for Serbia. Will holiday now and post my profile up in a bit once I've picked my team.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by skullage View Post
    First time attempting this challenge but I have followed last year's thread, I'm going to be different to others and go for Serbia. Will holiday now and post my profile up in a bit once I've picked my team.
    I managed to do this in Serbia back on FM10, was a decent save actually. Serbia joining the EU about 5 seasons in made things much easier as it changed the rules for players in domestic matches.

Semi Pro

Well. Finally I will give this challenge a decent shot. Meet Hugo Flink, the new manager of Tollnes in Norway.

Flink means clever in Norwegian, and I have to be, if I want to bring success to this club.

I would like to do the challenge in my home country and choose a club not far from where I grew up. So I went for Tollnes, a club I always have had a soft spot for.

I am not familiar with doing the updates and so, but hopefully I will learn as the game evolves.

Media prediction is 12th, and they have an artificial turf. The club is squeezed in between two cities, just about on the border between them, so they don't have much support. This could be interesting
    Good Luck. I will be following your progress with interest.

Amateur

Ok had to go out so it delayed the start of the challenge for me but I'm back now and I've picked my Serbian team, say hello to the new manager of FK Dinamo Vranje!

Here is my Profile.

They were founded in 1947 and play at the 5,000 capacity Yumco Stadium.

FK Dinamo are predicted to finish 14th out of the now 16 team Serbian First League (reduced from 18 in the first season), which means we're expected to be relegated.

Let's get started then!

Amateur

Only a couple of weeks in and the agents are already offering some gems! Signed these 2 for a combined total of just Ł38k!

Fabricio & Adama Bakayoko

These two should help me out a lot!

Amateur

The greatest footballing story ever told (in Wales) has just begun.

Go the Bluebirds.

Xavier Rennoll has just been appointed manager of the newly promoted Haverford West County.

The media has them down as finishing 8th of 12 in this coming season, but with the wage expenditure sitting at less than 50% of what the budget will allow, anything less than safe qualification into the Championship group would be a huge disappointment. Long term, the goal is obviously to take down the Champions League, though boosting the Rep of the Welsh premier league is definitely something I'll be aiming for in my time with the Bluebirds.

Stay tuned for updates.

Amateur

17 games played w9 d5 l3 not a bad start for slk, shame the team at the top are 10 points clear

Amateur

Halfway through the season (13 games in) it's going pretty well, predicted 9th at the start and expected to struggle to survive, i'm 2nd, having won 9 drawn 1 and lost 3, scoring 26 but letting in 10. I'm 4 points off the top, and it'll be hard to overtake the top team but I have them last at home.

Third Team

Thought i'd mention that i have a Czech save i could upload if anyone wants to give it a go there or to put in the opening post, it's saved the day before the new teams come up, so you can reload for whatever team you want, although like other leagues you get the same few quite a lot.

Will be trying this myself at some point, but currently doing the big nation one.

Amateur

Tollnes update: Lost seven matches in a row and a terrible start to the season. The squad is utter rubbish.
    Managed somhow to turn the tide, last four games is one draw and three wins in a row. All against fellow relegation candidates.

Have crept out of the relegation zone, but each game is a nerve wrecker. Main aim this season is survival. Europe feels and are light years away.

Amateur

Default Season 1: Modum FK

League Table
    Player Stats
    Star Player
    Transfers

My team battled hard but eventually had to settle for second place and therefore another season in the Norwegian Second Division, as unfortunately we weren't consistent enough to overtake Bodo/Glimt in first. However I have got several players signing for free before the start of next season and I'm confident of pushing on to promotion next season.

My striker Simen Velstad also won the Top Goalscorer award with 25 goals in 26 games also getting 4 assists.
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 25-10-2011 at 22:57.

Amateur

Haverfordwest County FC Season Review 2012/13

It was a topsy-turvy year for the Bluebirds. Going into the pre-season I had absolutely no idea how hard it would be to use up the remaining 3k in the wage budget, mostly due to the lack of worthwhile mature players willing to sign with a semi-professional Welsh side. As a result free transfers of mostly young guns were utilised, to surprisingly effective results. So without further ado:

League Table
    Season high point and Season low point
    Star player #1 and Star player #2

So it was a year where the team actually met my initial expectations, but to be honest, after a pretty ordinary preseason where the average age of all my signings would have been under 20, I'm actually quite happy with 5th. I'm particularly pleased with my 2 wingers who look like gods compared with the average Welsh fullback. Keeper is a massive concern at the moment unfortunately. My best is a 16 year old who struggles greatly with incoming crosses, hence the teams atrocious goal difference.

But still, after signing up all of my young stars on extended contracts until 2015, surely the only way from here is up.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Welsh Premier League         5th      Made championship group.
    Next Season
    Next season's goal is to contend for the championship and qualify for Europe. Wish me luck.

Part-Timer

Well...

...here we are again. I just checked the '11 thread and realized that I was the second highest poster after BWG--I guess my Afan Lido save which took me into the 2030s in Wales took more time from me than I remember.

I never made it past the CL group stages.

So here I am again--and in Wales again, of course. very excited to see what I can do here. I feel I have unfinished business and, even if it takes me until 2042, I will try.

Holidaying atm. The only sad news is that Afan Lido is already in the Premiership, and I cannot take over them

Cheers!

T24

Part-Timer

Paco Salillas takes over Cefn Druids!

We have no money, no staff, but some wage margin. We also have a decent sized squad.

Cheers!

T24

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ThfcJoe View Post

League Table
    Player Stats
    Star Player
    Transfers

My team battled hard but eventually had to settle for second place and therefore another season in the Norwegian Second Division, as unfortunately we weren't consistent enough to overtake Bodo/Glimt in first. However I have got several players signing for free before the start of next season and I'm confident of pushing on to promotion next season.

My striker Simen Velstad also won the Top Goalscorer award with 25 goals in 26 games also getting 4 assists.
    Good first season, actually can't believe Bodř/Glimt was relegated in the first place!

Amateur

Good first season, actually can't believe Bodř/Glimt was relegated in the first place!
    Yeah they seemed like they had a very good team they rarely slipped up and one of those was against me in a meaningless last game of the season.

In the 2nd season i've started a bit shakily but beat a premier league team in the cup on penalties, here's the match overview I ended the match with 9 men as my players couldn't hack the full 120 and a few others had something ridiculous like 12% condition, and my last 3 penalty takers had about 5 penalties so lets say I was more than shocked when we pulled off the win aha

Here's the shootout
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 26-10-2011 at 12:06.

Amateur

Thumbs up

Cherry Orchard - Irish First Division 2012 - Half-year summary

I'd forgotten how long the Irish season lasts. 48 games means playing the same team four times plus a couple cups. This means I'm still only up to july of my first season. The good news are things are going great. From 9th in the league late april I've now moved my team into 2nd place and within range of leaders Cork City. It was a narrow loss to Cork in april that sparked the turnaround as I decided to change the player roles of my forwards. Switching from wingers to inside forwards and playing my lone striker as a complete forward (even though he doesn't really have the attributes for it) worked wonders and I've gone 14:12-0-2 since then. Still leaking a few too many goals but I prefer a 6-2 to a 0-1 every day. Just beaten leaders Cork 3-0 away and really looking forward to the final half of the year.

Key players so far(all free transfers this spring)

Cawley - Support man has made 16 assists in 19 starts and never plays a bad game. Equally successful behind the striker or on the right wing.
    Murray - Main striker started the season in Cawley's role but moved forward after my first choice striker refused to score. Looks better here.
    Gallagher - Brought in to be backup on the right wing, but has been a key player so far.
    McLoughlin Right back who is the only consistent player in the back five. Also captain and regular in the ref's book.

Amateur

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2012 - Norwegian 2. division, group D

Wage budget: 35.000 Nkr p/w

Transfer budget: 150.000 Nkr p/w

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 182

Season goal: Survival

Table (11th)

Norwegian 2. division is a nightmare. I should know, because I have covered a lot of games there as a journalist. Frozen pitches, abandoned arenas, rain pouring down and you just want to get away early. This season simmed in FM was no difference. I suffered through the season. It was like Bob Marley put it: Fighting for survival.

With a really poor squad we started with seven straight defeats. Luckily there were three teams just as miserable as us, and the winner of the intern competition would survive. In the end we found our footing and scraped through. No one was convinced, I have never seen a more desillutioned squad, and I absolutely hate those Norwegian Premier league reserve teams that plays in the second division.

But we manage to survive thanks to a late run. It gives us optimism before the next season, but a lot of work has to be done.

Another funny thing was that it was takeover attempts galore. Every other month there were speculations about a takeover. Even a french business man from Rennes wanted to buy us. What he wanted with a mediocre Norwegian team, I just can't imagine. Thing is, no takeovers did materialize.

Target for the next season would be a mid table finish. And a squad overhaul.

Best player. Thomas Larsen

Worst player: Anders Danielsen

Economy: In the red

Code:
    Season | League | Position | Cup | Europe | Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2012   | 2. div |  11th    |1.rnd|  N/A   |  Survival
    Last edited by Taunton; 18-11-2011 at 08:19.

Amateur

Bah!!

Sorry for double posts, but if anyone knows how I can get this code thing right please PM me.

Semi Pro

Congrats on survival Taunton, I nearly always find the first a struggle, the second season promises better I'm sure.

Part-Timer

Erm good luck everyone..........
    Last edited by glennuk; 26-10-2011 at 23:35. Reason: ooops wrong thread :(

Amateur

SK Austria Klagenfurt 2020/21

As you can see from the date, I went on a long holiday before I took over Klagenfurt, the latest incarnation from the Carinthian city after two previous bankrupt clubs which play in the huge 32000 seater Hypo Group arena built for Euro 2008.

I was quite surprised at the quality of players I was able to get hold of, especially some of the players offered by agents, I would have signed more but I can not have more than 7 foreign players or more than 3 over 21 foreigners in the match squad. After an initial reshaping of the team I started badly, got better before the winter break before being rubbish again and pulled it round before the end just about. So somehow ended up CHAMPIONS! I love the tactic analysis screen, my tactic really clogs the middle defensively forcing them to go to war down the flanks against Julien Krieg and Dennis Schmidt.

League: Winners!
    Squad: Surprisingly good
    Top scorer: Jonas Warmuth
    Highest rating: Marco Valtingoier (unexpectedly)
    Top players: Michael Bopp, Julien Krieg (both offered by agents for free)

Code:
    Year    | Division | Position | Cup
    -----------------------------------------
    2020/21 | First    | 1st      | Qtr Final

Amateur

starting my adventure now will post when game is done. off to Norway for me

Semi Pro

Tiller Season Review 2011/12

The first season is always an interesting one! As to be expected the Board backed me to succeed but gave me nothing to do it with, a Transfer Kitty of Ł0 and a wage budget of Ł3,500. That is understanding i suppose when the ground capacity is 700 (200 seated) and we sold 75 Season Tickets!
    It proved challenging to get the squad to a standard i wanted, but we did our best.

The Season panned out pretty much as i expected. Early defeat in the Cup meant we could focus on the battle to remain in the league. The Media Prediction of 14th was probably fair, we didn't stand a rat in hell's chance of staying up...........or did we? ;)

After early set backs we managed to find a bit of form by the middle of the season, which boosted our chances of avoiding the dreaded drop. Anyhow, this is how things turned out.

League

So 8th isn't too bad really. Just want to push on next season, but who knows.
    The Players to make the biggest impact were as follows:

Unjhem- Young Striker who did OK
    Malmo- Did surprisingly well and popped up now and again to score some much needed goals.
    Henriksen
    - A sturdy force at the back and the Player of the Season.

Onwards and upwards and on to next season......

Amateur

Great start, cookie15. I now know how you can struggle the first season in Norway.

Hope you can challenge for the top places next season.

Good luck.

Amateur

David Clark
    wley promotedStavanger IF the club season expectations isTop Half Finish, with An ok transfer budget should be quite ok.

Amateur

A successful first season for SJK in the Finnish first division, although a run of 5 defeats prevented what could have been a 2nd place finish.
    Some strange results though losing 4-0 against a team at the bottom and breaking my run of defeats with a 5-7 away win against league winners by a mile AC Oulu.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/93710828.jpg/

Ended up in 4th place.

Fans player of the year....Artu Seppalla, the striker finished on 20 goals in 26 games and was the top scorer in the division, all this despite playing a number of games at Right Midfield.
    My player of the year....Daniel Caumo, scored 17 in 17 including 11 in pre season but was injured several times during the season and couldnt regain his starting position and so played as a backup AMC and Striker.
    Scored 5 in 12 in the league.

Im now midway through pre season with a number of coming and goings will update when pre season is complete.

Amateur

Haverfordwest County FC Season Review 2013/14

League Table
    New Star Player
    Tactics

Well it was an excellent year for the team and I. We were declared champions with 3 games in hand and I picked up the Manager of year award. The only downer is that financially we're in a pretty awful spot right now. Our 174-thousand pound debt is starting to hang over the club like a black cloud. Seeing as this challenge is very much so about the long term, I really need to come up with ideas on how to solve this problem before the worst happens (I assume the club folds?).

Advice anyone?

Back to the positives though, we've qualified for Europe, where we'll surely be destroyed, but the experience should still be a good one.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Welsh Premier League         5th      Made championship group.
    2013/14   Welsh Premier League         1st      Champions!  Qualified for Europe.
    Next Season
    Next season's goal is to consolidate our position at the top of Welsh football, not get embarrassed too heavily in Europe and not fall in deeper into debt... somehow.

Amateur

Don't worry about that debt, champions league can pay a couple of hundred thousand easily even if you barely progress past the champions of Andorra.

Amateur

Default Season 2: Modum FK

Season 2

Season 2 didn't go entirely as planned as I wanted to win the league and therefore get promoted, but a few bad results here and there lost me promotion, which dissapointed me tbh. Some players didn't perform as they should but hopefully next season I can definately seal promotion and get my team to the Norwegian division 1.

League Table

As you can see from the league table I was 4 points from winning it due to my better goal difference, but I could (and should) have won it, with two draws i've picked out that if I had won both promotion would be ours. The first, and the second, both games I should have won for different reasons.

Star Player: Christian Nygaard, strong in defence led me to conceding the least goals in the league and bossing the average rating charts.

Next Season:
    I'm hoping this time my team won't fall back and this time actually get promotion as i'm getting increasingly frustrated with the frozen pitches and poor football as in the Norwegian Second Division.

Modum FK History

Code:
    Season -          League         - Position -   Top Scorer  - Star Player
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012   - Second Division Group 4 -   2nd    - Simen Velstad - Simen Velstad
    2013   - Second Division Group 4 -   3rd    - Jo Sondre Aas - Christian Nygaard
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 27-10-2011 at 14:01. Reason: History screenshot wrong

Amateur

Gave up on my Serbia save already. 5 losses out of 5 at the start of the season didn't exactly get me into the game. Might start in one of the less reputable leagues, don't know where yet though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky View Post
    Don't worry about that debt, champions league can pay a couple of hundred thousand easily even if you barely progress past the champions of Andorra.
    How right you were. Knocked out in the first game and they gave me 300k. Bye bye debt.

Amateur

I'd like to thank the one guy who's started to sit in the away supporters section when we're on the road. It means a lot.

Oh, and Ireland made the Euro2012 final, losing 2-0 to Spain.

Amateur

@ThfcJoe: Bad luck. Hopefully the next season will get you there. I am starting the second season now, not very optimistic. Need to get rid of lot of dead meat in the squad.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by taifun View Post
    I'd like to thank the one guy who's started to sit in the away supporters section when we're on the road. It means a lot.
    I remember that from last year when I played in Faroese league, almost feel like inviting him into the dressing room and changing, "for the fans" to do it for dave!

Amateur

@ThfcJoe: Bad luck. Hopefully the next season will get you there. I am starting the second season now, not very optimistic. Need to get rid of lot of dead meat in the squad.
    I'm determined to stick with this save but it's getting increasingly fustrating

Amateur

The only way Id quit my current save is if It broke.
    Haven't got this attached to a save since FM07

Amateur

He he. I just signed my brother in law as a scout. Didn't know he was in the game at all. He was a tough negotiator, but he eventually accepted.

He has played in the norwegian 1. divisin IRL so he actually has good football knowledge.

Amusing

Semi Pro

He he. I just signed my brother in law as a scout. Didn't know he was in the game at all. He was a tough negotiator, but he eventually accepted.

He has played in the norwegian 1. divisin IRL so he actually has good football knowledge.

Amusing
    Excellent

Amateur

Is Scotland allowed or not? You say no but it's below the line. (also there's a Steam achievement for Scottish hero so... yeah, I'd prefer to do both).

Amateur

I think Scotland is in the Big euro nation challenge. Don't know why actually.

Amateur

There seems to be a lot less whizzing up the leagues compared to earlier versions....good thing that I believe.

Got my copy today,I want to give this a go but really need to familiarize myself with tabs and stuff first.

Amateur

Its because Scotland doesn't have promotion/relegation from the bottom tier.

This just happened against RB Salzburg never seen it before at somehow I ended up with a 1-0 win to make it 4 wins in a row (After the first 11 matches of the season I had 3 points and no wins so its hardly a great season)
    Last edited by Quacky; 27-10-2011 at 22:54.

Amateur

Default Season 3: Modum FK

Okay for some reason I won the league but didn't get promoted?

The team in 3rd got promoted

League Table

This is fustrating as I feel I cannot continue with the save without a proper answer, I dunno if it is possible for me to get promotion to the first division
    Last edited by ThfcJoe; 28-10-2011 at 12:28.

Amateur

Okay for some reason I won the league but didn't get promoted?

The team in 3rd got promoted

League Table

This is fustrating as I feel I cannot continue with the save without a proper answer, I dunno if it is possible for me to get promotion to the first division
    I'm Norwegian,there's something seriously wrong if you didn't get promotion.

The winner of all 4 groups go straight up,except the "2" teams can not be promoted being reserve teams.

Amateur

Yeah that's what I thought the team that finished 3rd got promoted and I have no idea why

Part-Timer

Clearly Switzerland hasn't been for me. Been a somewhat up and down half-season. Never quite being clear of relegation, but there's been some good patches of form. This result though, has just taken the **** completely and put me off this team for life.

I shall be picking somewhere else and holidaying away I think.

Amateur

Yeah that's what I thought the team that finished 3rd got promoted and I have no idea why
    I'm holidaying now.Going to test (if I can) if promotions are screwed up...

Speed is incredible,one month a minute holidaying.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nordan View Post
    I'm holidaying now.Going to test (if I can) if promotions are screwed up...

Speed is incredible,one month a minute holidaying.
    Cheers let me know if you discover anything

Amateur

Cheers let me know if you discover anything
    First season all went as it should,going to holiday to the next season now.

Amateur

How would everyone feel about maybe once you have completed this years challenge (Domestic Title and Champions League), maybe being allowed to add more nations into your save? Thought it might be quite interesting to take advantage of that new feature and it would be a nice reward for people who do complete it.

Just an idea, Thoughts?
    Great idea for those who wants to try something else but also want to keep an eye on their original baby.

I have a small question:When loading players should I select both "Players based in nation" and "Players from nation" or just one of them?

First Team Squad Member

Holiday speed is amazing on this version.

Am waiting for the level7/8 file for England so I can start the game I want to as my home town, but just gave a quick run through in Slovenia for half a season, and it is a difficult as I remember. The gap between Div 3 and Div 2 is huge. The gap between Div 2 and Div 1 even larger. Only 3 non-EU in the match day squad, and only people from Eastern Europe (most of which is non-EU) will come until you've had a couple of seasons in the CL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast