+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FM2012 is too easy

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

I think that even if you pick the best team in the world, it should still give a challenge. Kind of like how, say, FM07 was.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    I think that even if you pick the best team in the world, it should still give a challenge. Kind of like how, say, FM07 was.
    If you pick say Man City in the EPL there is effectively only 2 teams on par in my opinion Man Utd and Chelsea so them you can win 34 games and lose 4, to me that's not showing its easy because it plausible and can happen.

If you Barcelona in the Liga BBVA there is only R. Madrid on par so you could win 38 games and lose 2 which again is plausible.

The challenge comes from European Matches but Barca are likely to find that easier than others because of the team they have.

Admittedly, not that I have experienced it because I really have gone past 7 seasons, but what has been said about the AI team building etc. can make it even easier in long term save because of the lesser challenge from teams.

The problem is Moral and Motivation play to big apart and it is to easy for experienced players to keep this high.

Also the problem is people see things happen in real-life i.e. Norwich giving Man Utd a good game and yesterday Liverpool and because Norwich are not giving them a good game in FM they think its to easy etc.
    Last edited by The Welsh Lad; 23-10-2011 at 01:41.

Third Team

It's plausible, yes, but you shouldn't be easily able to do this. You'd need to get all your tactics spot-on and the AI will need to make things difficult.

Even Sir Alex won't be able to win 34 games and lose 4.

Amateur
    Channon...nice touch there...oh look at this, Bobby Stokes...HIT WELL...

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    This. Sums it up perfectly.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bielsista View Post
    Ive played my first official match in FM 2012.

Im playing with Anzhi and I won 10-1 over Lokomotiv. The prediction was a tie...well, faaaaar from that. Etoo scored 4, Montillo (I bought him) scored 4 and made 4 assists. I created 16 CCCs.

Ok, just ONE match, but the first one, against a decent team, with my tactic not gelled yet, etc.

you're playing as Anzhi they're practically a WMD ffs

Amateur

For all you people who are finding it too easy please give some good advice to those of us who are struggling

Amateur

Try playing in another league then. I am playing in the bottom tier of the Malaysian league and am struggling. No transfer budget, barely any wage budget, my top player is the goalie who wouldn't even get a start in the BSS or BSN divison.

It is fun.

Youth Team

My view on proceedings with these 'it's too easy' and 'where's the challenge' complaint - 3 'challenging' factors for people like me;

Tactics - The challenge is to create a suitable tactic that will get you through a season. Experiment a little; don't go downloading tactics from a website, make your own! You don't see someone like Pep Guardiola walk into Mourinho's house and ask to 'copy his tactic', do you? Make multiple tactics if needs be; top managers don't just have one tactic which is called the '4-3-3 GOAL DESTRUCTOR!!!', do they? They adapt to different teams, different environments etc.

The Transfer Market - What about the challenge of being successful in the trasfer market? We've seen the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson getting things right and wrong in the transfer market. He bought Cristiano Ronaldo for 12 million; eventually sold him for 80 million. Anybody else remember Kleberson, the 'New Scholes' according to some. Ha! If you don't have the funds, look for younger, un-polished talents. Nurture them to future success. Don't buy the same players on every save; adapt to the squad that you have.

The Team - One massive challenge for me, although I've been pretty good at it, is to get certain players to perform well! Talk to them, analyse them. What happens when you lose at home to someone like Birmingham, 2-0 at home? You see what went wrong, pick out good or bad performances from certain players. Analyse things. Don't just keep clicking 'Continue' and hand everything over to your Assisstant; take your time, look through things. This is was this game is about!

Who cares if you've won 14 in 14 with a team like Marseille; savour it while it lasts. Who knows, Remy, who may have scored the majority of your goals, might pick up a 4-5 month lay-off in a game, where would you be then? Looking for players like Gignac to pick up the peices. Just have fun for goodness sake!

Amateur
    Channon...nice touch there...oh look at this, Bobby Stokes...HIT WELL...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike55455 View Post
    Try playing in another league then. I am playing in the bottom tier of the Malaysian league and am struggling. No transfer budget, barely any wage budget, my top player is the goalie who wouldn't even get a start in the BSS or BSN divison.

It is fun.
    But I think what a lot of other people are arguing is that they want to play as Man Utd, Marseille etc etc and still be actually challenged, rather than playing in the Malaysian bottom division (or another such league they might have no interest in) in order to have a difficult game.

Amateur

Not too easy, actually it's really fun and realistic

Playing with Fulham and have drawn a couple of games from the qualifiers against lower teams (like in real life!) but have made it through to the groups

First league game I lost 2-1 at home to Chelsea.

These are honestly the most realistic results I have ever encountered on an FM game

Banned

i dont know about you but evan in fm 2011 and in fm 2010 when i chose mat utd city mardid barce etc it was very easy,the challenge was more youth based setup,and playing the most attractive football the match engine can produce

Amateur

This is an incredibly repetitive argument.

"I picked Man Utd, did nothing apart from press continue and won a lot."

"Well try playing a different way."

"Don't want to!"

All I've seen is if you pick a top team and don't really play the game, just press continue over and over again, it's no fun. Well I don't think you'll ever enjoy that. If you want to enjoy it you'll have to immerse yourself a bit more. Pressing continue over and over again will never be very much fun.

Banned

Both sides of the argument are quite poor.

'If you want a challenge play LLM'(or similar alternaive game style). This is such a boring, predictable response. Please, please stop it. Some people want to play as their team, a top team etc. Why should anyone have to play as a basement side to be challenged? Does SAF rinse the league and beat Liverpool 10-0? No, because IRL the game is more challenging then that.

'I just press continue and win everything'...well, duh. You are not making any human decisions. I gaurantee that as soon as you do, you'll see some erring results. Also, click and play is a bit pointless, no?

I don't think it is too easy per se, but my only gripe is that team talk/morale stuff is far too influential/imbalanced. It's too simple to rally the troops and this has too much outcome on the game, making one invincible. The only other gripe is the old chesnut, AI squad-building. It just is not there long-term, and therefore even if you do start as a poor team, within 5 years you'll be flying high because of the shoddy competition. These are the problems for me.

But i'm not sure it's too easy. City/Utd/Newcastle are unbeaten after all irl.

Semi Pro

I think know one can deny that there is not enough pressure when you manage a top club in FM. Pressure from the media, board, players, fans. But to make this part of the game more realistic, would also mean a lot more interaction, media stuff etc. and a lot of moaning about it, because a lot of players just want to play FM the old style - transfers, tactic, match. In long term career games there is often the moment in which you have to decide, in which direction your game goes. Looking for a challenge can make the game harder (new league, lower reputation club etc).

Amateur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgNnts_ThI

Scored two goals in 30 seconds as video show and that was my first game of the season

Banned

My first two matches and I already scored 4 goals from corners ( League 1 ) ..... with the same player of course.

BTW it seems I am no more able to unload loan players I have in my team, like I already did in the beginning of the season...is that any tricks triggered ?

Part-Timer

Why don't you try a challenge then, maybe be a team like plymouth?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    My first two matches and I already scored 4 goals from corners ( League 1 ) ..... with the same player of course.

BTW it seems I am no more able to unload loan players I have in my team, like I already did in the beginning of the season...is that any tricks triggered ?
    If it was part of the loan deal, that you did pay for it, you can't terminate a loan deal.

Amateur

My season with Man City so far:

5 wins and 1 loss.

Lost an away game to Tottenham in the EPL (0 - 3)
    Lost in the League Cup to Liverpool (0 - 2)

League: GF: 7 / GA: 4 (Most of my wins were 1-0)

Something is definitely wrong, because Arsenal is at the top with 6 wins, and 18 goals.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the challenge so far. I hope it stays that way :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KUBI View Post
    If it was part of the loan deal, that you did pay for it, you can't terminate a loan deal.
    I don't pay for him cause he is on loan in my team from a parent club.

Then, I was advised to terminate his loan due to a long injury.

None the less I can't terminate the loan.

I can't neither terminate the loan of all of my players who are playing in my team despite long or short term loan they are. An of course none of them is being paid.

Is there any obscure rule behind that ?

Thx
    Last edited by grep; 23-10-2011 at 11:38.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    Why don't you try a challenge then, maybe be a team like plymouth?
    It shouldn't work that way.

In FM10, playing as Manchester United wasn't very easy, but it certainly wasn't "hit continue and win". I think I have a decent grasp of tactics and how the series works, but playing the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool were never easy and I often had to plan ahead when these fixtures appeared on the horizon. In other words, it was challenging.

It was the same thing with, say, Chelsea on FM07 - it was actually a challenge.

What it looks like is that users have now found the interface so usable (i.e. team talks becoming intuitive and are able to convey their words properly) or that something is having too much of an effect ("team talks are too powerful") that the AI is now exposed as being quite frankly not very good.

We shouldn't need to pick a rubbish club to get a challenge. It's arguably a bigger challenge in reality to pick a big club due to the level of pressure and that you are given enough rope to hang yourself with rubbish transfers and spoilt players. It should be a challenge in-game too. And a lot of users aren't finding that.

Do you think the game is too hard ?

My first season :

Marseille - Real 3-1 and 3-0
    Marseille - Chelsea 2-0 and 3-0

28 matchs and 25 wins in Ligue 1

So the game is not eaysy, you're right

Last edited by Neo14; 24-10-2011 at 15:04.

Amateur

I am also findind fm12 very easy and unrealistic i have been playing fm for many years and always like to take over decent prem teams.
    and over a couple of seasons make them a success. i.e tottenham, fulham newcastle ect.
    i started my first save after buying my copy of fm12 playing as spurs using my tactics from fm11 and after playing 18 games i had won 18 and not conceded a goal in 11 games very unrealistic.
    when i usesd the same tactics with spurs on fm11 i was always batteling to get in the top 4?.
    I lost interest in my spurs save due to this and started a game as fulham end of season finished 3rd using my fm11 fulham tactics where i was lucky to finish in the top 8 with fulham.
    so again i lost interest because unrealistic and started a newcastle save and finished 2nd.
    I do not enjoy taking over small teams in the lower leagues i find it boring sorry and have always managed in the prem and found it a very realistic challenge and vey enjoyable but just cant enjoy it this year as its to easy which is a shame because everything else about this years game i love.
    is there a way i could make managing in the prem on fm12 a challenge? otherwise i will have to go back to fm11 which will be a shame.

Amateur

Let me share you my own experiance.

I've started playing with Arsenal. Played 14 matches, only one draw, concesed only 3 goals, beating Tottenham 5-0 on the way. I thought: "wow, that is easy".

Then came Manchester United, and beat me 5-0. It all went downhill from there.

So what I'm trying to say: 15 match run of good results is not easy. Opponents might be week due to selling of key players, injuries, bad morale. Play for two seasons and then you'll really see if it easy.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thelatic View Post
    I am also findind fm12 very easy and unrealistic i have been playing fm for many years and always like to take over decent prem teams.
    and over a couple of seasons make them a success. i.e tottenham, fulham newcastle ect.
    i started my first save after buying my copy of fm12 playing as spurs using my tactics from fm11 and after playing 18 games i had won 18 and not conceded a goal in 11 games very unrealistic.
    when i usesd the same tactics with spurs on fm11 i was always batteling to get in the top 4?.
    I lost interest in my spurs save due to this and started a game as fulham end of season finished 3rd using my fm11 fulham tactics where i was lucky to finish in the top 8 with fulham.
    so again i lost interest because unrealistic and started a newcastle save and finished 2nd.
    I do not enjoy taking over small teams in the lower leagues i find it boring sorry and have always managed in the prem and found it a very realistic challenge and vey enjoyable but just cant enjoy it this year as its to easy which is a shame because everything else about this years game i love.
    is there a way i could make managing in the prem on fm12 a challenge? otherwise i will have to go back to fm11 which will be a shame.
    So, in the space of three days, you've completed 2.5 full seasons ?

Amateur

I read this thread before I started my game and was concerned.

Started my career with Inter and beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Super cup. Then went on a 14 match winning streak. Qualified top of my Champions League group was sitting in first place in Serie A with 10 points to spare. Then I lost to Juventus at home, 1-2. Then I drew 6 matches before being hammered away against AC Milan 5-1.

From there the season was pretty steady. No ups no downs. Won the Italian Cup easily as all my heavy opposition faced upsets. Got knocked out in the first round of the Champions League against Levante or Valencia (4-0) or one of those Spanish teams with a bat thing on the crest. Dont remember.

The season ended up:
    Udinese 65
    Inter 64
    Napoli 63
    Milan 63

So yeah it seemed easy at first but things changed pretty quickly and it ended up being quite a tough season.

Just out of interest;
    United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool were top 4 in England respectively. Man City finished 8th (lol)
    Real, Barcelona, Atletico were top 3 in Spain
    Dortmund, Bayern, Shalke were top 3 in Germany,

Real beat Bayern 2-0 in Champions league final.
    Last edited by Turneep; 24-10-2011 at 14:56.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Turneep View Post
    I read this thread before I started my game and was concerned.

Started my career with Inter and beat AC Milan 2-0 in the Super cup. Then went on a 14 match winning streak. Qualified top of my Champions League group was sitting in first place in Serie A with 10 points to spare. Then I lost to Juventus at home, 1-2. Then I drew 6 matches before being hammered away against AC Milan 5-1.

From there the season was pretty steady. No ups no downs. Won the Italian Cup easily as all my heavy opposition faced upsets. Got knocked out in the first round of the Champions League against Levante or Valencia (4-0) or one of those Spanish teams with a bat thing on the crest. Dont remember.

The season ended up:
    Udinese 65
    Inter 64
    Napoli 63
    Milan 63

So yeah it seemed easy at first but things changed pretty quickly and it ended up being quite a tough season.
    This scenario reminds me of tactic cracking, but not really sure if this has been confirmed by SI. And that bat team is Valencia.
    Last edited by Joga; 24-10-2011 at 15:08.

Part-Timer
    Playing FM here: http://fm-fmo.weebly.com

Are you using the motivational team talks in FM12? This could be the reason why you're getting such an easy game compared to FM11 since the ME and tactical side of the two games are practically identical. It would be interesting to run two simultaneous saves, one where the team talks are completely ignored, and the other where we use them to the best of our ability, and see how both saves progress. Not a perfect test by any means since other factors will come into play but it may help pinpoint the problem if TT's are the cause to the games ease.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Joga View Post
    This scenario reminds me of tactic cracking, but not really sure if this has been confirmed by SI. And that bat team is Valencia, since Levante doesn't even play in Liga BBVA.
    Uhm they top of La Liga at the moment IRL. But you are right it was Valencia as Levante finished 14th last season.

As for tactic cracking it would make sense. Take over, completely change the team how will anyone know how to counter you so early on.
    Last edited by Turneep; 24-10-2011 at 15:09.

Amateur

Uhm they top of La Liga at the moment IRL. But you are right it was Valencia as Levante finished 14th last season.
    Yeah noticed that too, my mistake.

Third Team

They should make it much harder to go to an away game and win, IMO.

Part-Timer

Funny thing, someone made a thread talking about how good his tactics/micromanaging was...

Here is PaulC's response:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    Yes, as I'd like to know and it may be related to the easiness he is experiencing.
    Link: http://youtu.be/lTSVOnhLtCs

Amateur

yes i work as a security guard and play fm for 12 hours a night to pass the time i would of done more seasons if it wasnt so easy?

yes i quit my spurs save early so didnt experience a dip in form after a bad result. but on my newcastle save i didnt get no dip in form and finished 2nd.
    I am NOT a tactical genius as i am only using the same tactics as i did on fm11 and i was only just getting average prem teams in europe.
    can anyone suggest how i can still enjoy managing prem teams on fm12 without it being to easy as i have no intrest in the lower leagues thanks

Amateur

yes i work as a security guard and play fm for 12 hours a night to pass the time i would of done more seasons if it wasnt so easy?

yes i quit my spurs save early so didnt experience a dip in form after a bad result. but on my newcastle save i didnt get no dip in form and finished 2nd.
    I am NOT a tactical genius as i am only using the same tactics as i did on fm11 and i was only just getting average prem teams in europe.
    can anyone suggest how i can still enjoy managing prem teams on fm12 without it being to easy as i have no intrest in the lower leagues thanks
    Try the Italian league or the French, just dont pick one of the top teams in the League. Althought saying that Ive picked Inter and am trying to get them to play how I want and its not been particularly hard but not exactly easy either. I usually find the english one too easy for some reason, think its because I know all the teams.

Amateur

yes i might try using a team in another country any suggestions?
    I have always chose teams in the prem for some reason maybe its because i have got an obbsession whith knocking fergie and united off there perch with an unfancied prem team lol.
    and have always enjoyed the game more with players i am familier with but am willing to try something new exept lower leagues i find them boring as would like to win trophies.
    I would like a team that will keep me intrested for many seasons thanks.
    like i said i really like fm12 and would prefer to keep playing this instead of going back to fm11 its just im finding managing in the prem to easy at the moment.
    Last edited by thelatic; 24-10-2011 at 18:25.

Third Team

5 Games in with leeds and im rock bottom but playing well

Amateur

yes i might try using a team in another country any suggestions?
    I have always chose teams in the prem for some reason maybe its because i have got an obbsession whith knocking fergie and united off there perch with an unfancied prem team.
    I would like a team that will keep me intrested for many seasons thanks
    In the Italian league, Roma could be interesting. They've lost Hamsik but got Pjanic in instead.
    Napoli are pretty good as well, Pandev on loan from Inter and Hamsik in midfield.
    AC Milan have an aging defence and midfield with a solid attack.
    Inter have a few young players mixed in with an aging offence.
    All 4 would be pretty easy to win the title with.

If you want a challenge, Bologna, Genoa or Cesena could be tricky.
    Novara are newly promoted and Lecce too I think.

Amateur

thanks may have a look at italian league maybe lazio or i was thinking maybe feyenoord in holland what do you think would they be to easy?

Amateur

Not sure about Lazio, may not be as difficult as you hope but never know. Zarate is on loan at inter so when he returns your team would get a nice boost.

No idea about the Dutch league.

First Team Squad Member

if you want a real challenge go to scotland and try to break the old firm with the likes of Kilmarnock or St Mirren, both will take a long time and will be very difficult for the first 2/3 seasons.

Amateur

ok cheers might start a save tonight as either lazio, roma or fiorentina

Amateur

There is usually a thread about this every year. Some saves I feel the game is a bit easy and others everything goes wrong and results are all over the place. For me that is just FM.

Amateur

Currently playing as annagh united, northern irish second divison, media prediction for the first season was 12th, standard LLM rules. Not done anything amazingly special in the transfere market, let a few old players in there 30's move on, signed two first team players and a couple of players with potential who are betweem 16 - 19 who i was looking to develop. Find myself sitting 7 points clear at the top of the table and into the last 8 of the league cup. Below shows my current results.

Thats 1 defeat in in 15 competitive matchs and a current 78% win record? Is seeming a little bit to easy at the moment

Amateur

In the Italian league, Roma could be interesting. They've lost Hamsik but got Pjanic in instead.
    Napoli are pretty good as well, Pandev on loan from Inter and Hamsik in midfield.
    AC Milan have an aging defence and midfield with a solid attack.
    Inter have a few young players mixed in with an aging offence.
    All 4 would be pretty easy to win the title with.

If you want a challenge, Bologna, Genoa or Cesena could be tricky.
    Novara are newly promoted and Lecce too I think.
    hamsik was never with roma.

Here I finished my first season with OM.

47 wins 59 games -----
    Unbeaten in L1
    Champion in L1
    Winner of the CDF
    Champions League winner against Barca

To you to judge whether the game is too easy.

Amateur

Neo sorry not read the whole post its 3 pages, but what tactic are you using?

I find a very similar one to I created on 2011 works well so thats why Im doing well, is that what your finding?

So do you think the game it's hard ?????

Amateur

Champ league yes, dutch footy no, but I am Ajax and using a variation of a tactic I made on 2011

Amateur

I agree completely with the criticisms, it's too easy to be a Mourinho with simple tactics. Yeah it's always more easy when you take a top team but easy like that it's ridiculous and very annoying (even if you forbid yourself scouting that I always considered as cheating).

Why always be forced to take a very bad team when you want a minimum of challenge ?

Why Ancelotti, Benitez, Rijkaard, Puel, Hiddink, Van Gaal don't always succeed unlike me in FM with the same clubs ?

The truth is the difficulty is very very unbalanced and particulary in FM 2012.

Banned

I told you boyz since a while that many other threads would have surfaced related to this issue, I told you.

Amateur

This is retorical q, but do you really thing managers of Tottenham, Betis, FIora, Juve, Man utd , liverpool have easy job? Ofc not. But in this game its really easy job. So what im trying to say is game with major clubs should be much harder, lets say 50% harder.
    Its sad when i see some FM players with no or little knowledge beat this game with Man Utd , Liverpool, etc. it makes me sick.
    We dont have same of knowledge of this game, but game is doing 2 little to show us how much we really worth.

level difficulty. now i still cant belive this isnt in game. i know all the regular answers from this forum( first answer is take low league club ofc). I belive many of today gamers who play FM have 15 to 25 years on their shoulders. Many of them playin this game for the first time. for me, game is super easy, but i can understand that for new players is somethimes hard. Why are we in the same basket?

So you limit me and experienced players, if we want challenge, we must take some club in 3rd or 4th league. Ive dont that for like 20 times in my life. im tired of that. New players can play with all best players in the world and feel good, and we must start in 4th league and when we come to premiership many of the players we love and play this game part because of them are retired.

O yes, level of diff CAN be done. All good games have level of difficulty. I have very nice ideas how to do it, look my topic about that.
    Last edited by Matej; 27-10-2011 at 10:14.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsunari View Post
    Currently playing as annagh united, northern irish second divison, media prediction for the first season was 12th, standard LLM rules. Not done anything amazingly special in the transfere market, let a few old players in there 30's move on, signed two first team players and a couple of players with potential who are betweem 16 - 19 who i was looking to develop. Find myself sitting 7 points clear at the top of the table and into the last 8 of the league cup. Below shows my current results.

Thats 1 defeat in in 15 competitive matchs and a current 78% win record? Is seeming a little bit to easy at the moment
    IF you want a real challenge try a lower division, play LLM style, then see how easy it is!

Oh, hang on a minute.....

Amateur

Im Stoke and just lost in the 4th Qual for Europa League, against Minsk 6-4 Agg. It aint' been easy for me so far!

I've been playing this game since CM 95/96 so i class myself as a veteran, and had much success in the past. But definitely believe this version is not too easy

Amateur

i think there are 2 reasons why this game is easy. First is i play this game for 20 years so im 2 smart for this game. second reason is game is 2 popular so they make game that begginers can be happy. are there any mods to make game harder?

Marseille is not so good team to have 15 wins in a row. Ofc that he feels game is too easy and no challenge. And noone can tell me that to be a manager of Marseille is easy job. If you tell me that, then you know little about football, very little. Marseille was just once champion in France in last 20 years. THey have great fans, but fans that put lots of pressure on manager.
    Last edited by Matej; 27-10-2011 at 10:29.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy07 View Post
    Im Stoke and just lost in the 4th Qual for Europa League, against Minsk 6-4 Agg. It aint' been easy for me so far!

I've been playing this game since CM 95/96 so i class myself as a veteran, and had much success in the past. But definitely believe this version is not too easy
    Im the same as you, i am barely scraping top 6 in the SPL in my save, i am definitely not finding this game any easier.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Im the same as you, i am barely scraping top 6 in the SPL in my save, i am definitely not finding this game any easier.
    You using the individual team talks much?

Who are you playing as?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeanNUFC View Post
    You using the individual team talks much?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaInternational View Post
    Who are you playing as?
    Aberdeen, media prediction is 4th, first season i finished 6th a good 5 points behind hibs, second season got 5th on the last day of the season, but ended up 6 points behind 4th. I do everything i can in the game, team talks, press conferences, training, anything you can do really. To put in perspective in FM11 i won the league after 4 seasons with the Dons, at this rate ill be lucky to break into the top 3 in that time, this version is def not easier at all for me.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by grep View Post
    I told you boyz since a while that many other threads would have surfaced related to this issue, I told you.
    As constructive as ever

If you bothered to read the thread, you would see that this "debate" is 3 pages long, with plenty of people saying that they are not finding it too easy !!

Aberdeen, media prediction is 4th, first season i finished 6th a good 5 points behind hibs, second season got 5th on the last day of the season, but ended up 6 points behind 4th. I do everything i can in the game, team talks, press conferences, training, anything you can do really. To put in perspective in FM11 i won the league after 4 seasons with the Dons, at this rate ill be lucky to break into the top 3 in that time, this version is def not easier at all for me.
    See to me that sounds about right, judging by your post count I'd assume your an experienced player etc..... I'm pretty sure similar discussions as this crop up every year.

Banned

Try skipping press conferences. Don't bother with training either.

Amateur

Yes m8, some of them think is easy and some of them think its not so easy. Very few of them find it hard 2 beat. What that tells you? I want challenge and i know noone of the players would complain if they put difficulty levels. Fm has too large base right now, lets face it, some of us are dumb, some of us are with normal iq and some are with high IQ. some people are smart but play this game for the first time. you have lots of combinations, thats why we need diff levels. If my friend, who never played football games in his life, can be first with liverpool, then something is wrong, really wrong.

If people go on hollidays for whole season, with 10(!!) diffrent clubs, and clubs are in top positions, then we have problem.
    Last edited by Matej; 27-10-2011 at 11:13.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    Yes m8, some of them think is easy and some of them think its not so easy. Very few of them find it hard 2 beat. What that tells you? I want challenge and i know noone of the players would complain if they put difficulty levels. Fm has too large base right now, lets face it, some of us are dumb, some of us are with normal iq and some are with high IQ. some people are smart but play this game for the first time. you have lots of combinations, thats why we need diff levels. If my friend, who never played football games in his life, can be first with liverpool, then something is wrong, really wrong.
    Difficulty levels is another debate entirely, which has been done to death elsewhere.
    If you think nobody would complain if they were introduced, then you are very much mistaken or have not been around these forums for very long !!

Amateur

Wrong, introducing difficulty levels would be a major blow for SI and they know it. The only way you can introduce difficulty levels is to give AI some bonuses, i.e. allow them to cheat to gain advantage over you. That's what people hate in most games that have difficulty levels; a harder AI doesn't mean a smarter AI, but cheating AI.
    Even with "hard" difficulty, people would still find a way to beat the AI, but that's not the point.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanaInternational View Post
    See to me that sounds about right, judging by your post count I'd assume your an experienced player etc..... I'm pretty sure similar discussions as this crop up every year.
    Im no FM hero, but i have played the game for a long long time. I am using a similar tactic to what i used in FM11 just with a few different tweaks here and there. I really dont get the too easy thing, so far ive had to turn the game off a few times because its frustratingly hard at times!! i must be getting old lol.

Try skipping press conferences. Don't bother with training either.
    Why? I want to play all of this game, not skip through it and hope the AI does everything right for me. Im sure this game would be easier if i was leaving everything except the match day to the AI, but that holds no interest with me, even doing everything i have managed 2 seasons in under a week, not bad going i think!

Amateur

Tubbs- i know this game, im playin this game for 20 years. so i just want to make game better. Difficulty levels are normal thing in good games, its not something what is wrong to talk about. Diffrent thoughts are good for me. But we dont have same knowledge. I prefer that this game must be much harder. i prefer Difficulty levels as only option, because i cant see other option.

If you dont like Difficulty levels, can you tell me YOUR idea what can be done, so that smart people who played this game, like you say, to death, for many years, can play and have challenge. But dont tell me we must take 4th league club, or forbid scouting. we have already tried that. plus, like i said people who think that in real life manager dont have challenge if he manage first division club, they dont know much about football. In real life, stress and goals are much bigger in top clubs then in 4th league.
    Last edited by Matej; 27-10-2011 at 11:30.

Banned

Why? I want to play all of this game, not skip through it and hope the AI does everything right for me. Im sure this game would be easier if i was leaving everything except the match day to the AI, but that holds no interest with me, even doing everything i have managed 2 seasons in under a week, not bad going i think!
    That's entirely upto you, personally hate press conferences as they're repetitive and make no sense to me, the training never seems to work as i want when i do it either. Or atleast that's how it was in fm10.
    Last edited by SeanNUFC; 27-10-2011 at 11:27.

Im no FM hero, but i have played the game for a long long time. I am using a similar tactic to what i used in FM11 just with a few different tweaks here and there. I really dont get the too easy thing, so far ive had to turn the game off a few times because its frustratingly hard at times!! i must be getting old lol.

Well I didn't have you down as a hero as such

TBF I have played it a whole lot yet so I can't comment, but I dont imagine I will find it as easy as some have. I'd interested to know how someone like wwfan has found it as he is someone who knows his tactics and I would assume tweaks game to game.

I don't by the whole team talks thing as it was pretty easy to get right on FM11 so I doubt it would be a huge factor.

Amateur

"I'd interested to know how someone like wwfan has found it "

Yes, i would like his honest opinion 2.

Banned

Wouldn't be surpised if he's found it far easier than any of us.

Amateur

Tubbs- i know this game, im playin this game for 20 years. so i just want to make game better. Difficulty levels are normal thing in good games, its not something what is wrong to talk about. Diffrent thoughts are good for me. But we dont have same knowledge. I prefer that this game must be much harder. i prefer Difficulty levels as only option, because i cant see other option.

If you dont like Difficulty levels, can you tell me YOUR idea what can be done, so that smart people who played this game, like you say, to death, for many years, can play and have challenge. But dont tell me we must take 4th league club, or forbid scouting. we have already tried that.
    I too have been playing this game since Amiga days. But that is not relevant in anyway.
    Difficulty levels already exist within the game. Manager experience and team chosen being just 2 examples.

I did not say, that i did or did not like or difficulty levels, i said that it has been discussed at length elsewhere.

And i will assume the fact that English is not your first language is the reason for "But we dont have same knowledge" and that you did not mean to insult my intelligence

And finally, not EVERYONE is finding this game too easy !!!!

Amateur

then he maybe can make some mod, or knows people who can, that makes game harder. ill pay extra money for that, dont care.

Amateur

Yes, its not my first language. "But we dont have same knowledge( of the game)" - i said that in general way, not individual 2 you.

"Difficulty levels already exist within the game. Manager experience and team chosen being just 2 examples. "

In 100 of people, 99 of them like to win in everthing they do. but maybe just 20 of them like real challenge. other 79 just like winning with not actually using their brains 2 much. THats why we need diff levels. THese levels you mentioned, in the game, are not good enough.
    Last edited by Matej; 27-10-2011 at 11:46.

Amateur

Yes, its not my first language. "But we dont have same knowledge( of the game)" - i said that in general way, not individual 2 you.

in 100 of people, 99 of them like to win in everthing they do in their lifes. but maybe just 20 of them like real challenge. other 79 just like winning with not actually using their brains 2 much.
    Yes, very true.

There are threads on here where experienced players have chosen Liverpool to manage and have found themselves sacked because they finish 4th or 5th !! Can i suggest then, that your friend is a GENIUS and should apply for the Croatia job right now !!

Part-Timer

then he maybe can make some mod, or knows people who can, that makes game harder. ill pay extra money for that, dont care.
    I doubt thats possible but would be very happy to see someone do it. In the meantime what you can try is to impose certain restrictions on yourself. Some have already been mentioned; for example have your starting rep as Sunday League, play LLM rules no matter what division you're in, don't scout, let your assistant do press conferences and TT's, don't mess with training - leave it on the defualt settings, and only use the default tactics - don't even tweak them one bit!, and finally don't buy players you can't afford by using the monthly installments option. As a last resort you can use a third party program like FMRTE to improve rival clubs' squads at the end of each season, leaving yours alone (see it as a bit of AI team building for them if you like). Effectively you're eliminating most of the things that can give you an advantage over the AI. It will level the playing field and make it more of a challenge wether you're a top 4 club or some unknown lower league pub team.

Amateur

I know that thread about Liverpool. Im very sad that i really dont like that club, so i cant take him and manage him.
    I helped him little at start, but more then half of the season he played alone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    I doubt thats possible but would be very happy to see someone do it. In the meantime what you can try is to impose certain restrictions on yourself. Some have already been mentioned; for example have your starting rep as Sunday League, play LLM rules no matter what division you're in, don't scout, let your assistant do press conferences and TT's, don't mess with training - leave it on the defualt settings, and only use the default tactics - don't even tweak them one bit!, and finally don't buy players you can't afford by using the monthly installments option. As a last resort you can use a third party program like FMRTE to improve rival clubs' squads at the end of each season, leaving yours alone (see it as a bit of AI team building for them if you like). Effectively you're eliminating most of the things that can give you an advantage over the AI. It will level the playing field and make it more of a challenge wether you're a top 4 club or some unknown lower league pub team.
    Thing is we didn't pay £30 for a game only to not use any of it at all!

Amateur

Erimus- tnx for advice. I am familiar with their rules, and i use 90% of them. i never use monthly installments option.

"don't mess with training - leave it on the defualt settings, and only use the default tactics" - this is simply not a option for me. its the big reason i play the game, to change my tactic.

FMRTE- maybe ill try that. but its pretty sad that ill have to change every season something that SI could done to make this game harder.

Part-Timer

Thing is we didn't pay £30 for a game only to not use any of it at all!
    I know, but since most shops won't make refunds we have to make do

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus1876 View Post
    I know, but since most shops won't make refunds we have to make do
    The refunds will be impossible because the game is downloaded through steam now.
    Last edited by SeanNUFC; 27-10-2011 at 12:09.

Amateur

SI have a number of conflicting aspects of the game to balance: to make a realistic simulation and a playable game for one. You want Man Utd to be better than Wolves without making it impossible to achieve with Wolves and you would probably produce a game which is enjoyable for more people by evening out the relative strength of teams. Make it hard but not impossible for Wolves to beat Man Utd - to stick with the same example for clarity. For realism most experts predict that this season the top six in the Premier League will be Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea as top three with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham following in varying orders, but I feel a game would be more enjoyable if other teams, say Everton or Aston Villa, had more chance of finishing in the top six than they appear to have in real life.
    And SI have to balance customers who have been playing for hundreds or thousands of hours with making a game which a newcomer can play. I do think that this year's version is an improvement in that respect, and I hope that the tutorial and a layout which many find more intuitive will encourage more people to take up the game.
    But that does pose a problem: the more time you spend doing anything the better you get at it. If you want to use them there are lots of ways to make the game easier for yourself. You can download tactics, training schedules, shortlists of players, third party programmes like FMRTE or GenieScout, you can set your reputation (which acts as a kind of difficulty level) and, of course, you can reload if things don't go right.
    It seems to me that if you've reached the stage where you are winning too easily the answer has to be "try something different". Do everything yourself instead of downloading tactics or training schedules. Play Arsene Wenger in the transfer market, trying never to spend more than you take in, only buy lesser known players who your scouts come across. Or take over a broke club like Portsmouth. I don't think it's possible in the way the game is coded to have a single button to press which will make everything 25% harder so it's up to the very experienced player to find ways of playing which are still challenging.
    Though one thing I do think is slightly wrong with the game as it currently stands is that consistency is over-rewarded. You do better by setting up a single tactic and sticking to it than by adapting your tactics to the opposition. I'd like to see some penalty to manager inactivity: some element of morale dropping if the manager doesn't do enough and increased risk of complacency if the same tactic is used over and over.

Amateur

"Though one thing I do think is slightly wrong with the game as it currently stands is that consistency is over-rewarded. You do better by setting up a single tactic and sticking to it than by adapting your tactics to the opposition. I'd like to see some penalty to manager inactivity: some element of morale dropping if the manager doesn't do enough and increased risk of complacency if the same tactic is used over and over. "

- Agree with this. For example i have great tactic but i have very small and fast players. i have very offensive wings, but low def skills. What can AI do against me? He can exploit my low def wings, because i have just one tall player in the team, he can focus on better free kicks and corners, with high balls. Generally he can try with more long balls on heads etc. IT can be done.

Amateur

Here is some advice for those who want a challenge. Use a realistic tactic that doesn't take advantage of the match engines weaknesses. Don't buy players that usually would never sign for your club and set your corner routine to mixed instead of near post. Also start out as Sunday league footballer and you will soon see that there are realistic challenges in the game as long as you don't constantly exploit it's weaknesses.

You can set up your own challenges by deliberately trying to play more realistic yourself and not trying to beat the game which is fairly easy once you know the few tricks to get the best results in almost every game.

Part-Timer

Please allow an old timer his two penn'orths worth. To play FM'12 is easy! To master FM'12 is a little more difficult. If you are starting by playing as any of the top six in the EPL then the game will appear 'easy'. You shouldn't need to buy more than one or two decent players to be successful. Alternatively, if you decide to play as Barnet, Plymouth or any of their 'ilk', then you may get a shock. If you wish to make it a little more difficult then untick the 'transfers in first window' box. Doing this will restrict you to aquiring only loan and free players. Also, it may well have the effect that you are not given any transfer money at all.

In FM'09, I began a save playing my supported team, LIverpool. Without altering anything from the in game starting team I won the FA Cup and League in my first season. I now resrict myself to looking for 'harder' teams to manage. Some examples, depending upon which league you choose, seem to be thus. Wolves, Hull, Coventry and possibly Portsmouth, if you use the guidelines mentioned above. Kind regards.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by shirajzl View Post
    Wrong, introducing difficulty levels would be a major blow for SI and they know it. The only way you can introduce difficulty levels is to give AI some bonuses, i.e. allow them to cheat to gain advantage over you. That's what people hate in most games that have difficulty levels; a harder AI doesn't mean a smarter AI, but cheating AI.
    Even with "hard" difficulty, people would still find a way to beat the AI, but that's not the point.
    Why not make a smarter AI and dumb it down for easy mode?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thorne View Post
    Why not make a smarter AI and dumb it down for easy mode?
    Who says they can make a smarter AI?

Banned

2 weeks ago we were a few fighting for the cause and we were cornered, now dozens of gamers think FM12 is too easy, I predicted that.

I also predict that within a month the vast majority of forumers will demand a patch to kill the beast at least by 50%.

Time will say, bets are open and have always been open

Part-Timer

I'm not finding it harder than FM11 except for team talks, i'm on a lower league team so players have horrible personalities, i've gone through winning streaks of 6,7 games and haven't seen one case of complacency.

Since the ME is the same people can just use their old tactics with the same success, i'm using my simple rigid and direct counter-attacking 442 for most games just as i did on FM11 and it works fine.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by shirajzl View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but this might be the only way if the game is going to be dumbed down to reach the lowest common denominator, which is the newbies. Like many others I play games, particularly strategy ones for a challenge, & I feel unless I avoid many parts of the game it isn't achieving this. For instance I have avoided training for years, as if you concentrate on this properly, you can really get your players to improve, which the A1 never does. So I feel this is an unfair advantage. Same with team talks etc.

I yearn for FM of a few years ago when it was a challenge. I have noticied the last few releases that there are hardly any threads about the game being too hard, which the forum used to be full of on a release. You always have this when games are produced, & usually means the game is a fair one, as many of these people are not expereinced players, but now there seems to only be an odd here or there.

This also probably the reason that I cannot get involved much with the game now, which is a shame as the series have given me more joy than any other game has over the years.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Graham206 View Post
    You can download tactics, training schedules, shortlists of players, third party programmes like FMRTE or GenieScout, you can set your reputation (which acts as a kind of difficulty level) and, of course, you can reload if things don't go right.
    It seems to me that if you've reached the stage where you are winning too easily the answer has to be "try something different". Do everything yourself instead of downloading tactics or training schedules. Play Arsene Wenger in the transfer market, trying never to spend more than you take in, only buy lesser known players who your scouts come across.
    I use no third-party programs. I download nothing. I don't use player or staff search, only my scouts, backroom advice and the job centre. I prefer clubs with no transfer budget so that I can make the most of the current squad.

Anyway, the difficulty on FM2011 was just fine. This doesn't have to be a philosophical debate over what constitutes difficulty. If we're all walking all over the opposition with minimal effort, and squad morale never drops, it doesn't matter how you play the game. I'm beating the snot out of the Bundesliga with Hannover, having made no signings and just glanced briefly in the direction of the tactics screen. Tons of people are reporting the same thing. The game is broken this year. I don't see why anyone is even questioning that at this point.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkenlights Faxlore View Post
    If we're all walking all over the opposition with minimal effort, and squad morale never drops, it doesn't matter how you play the game. I'm beating the snot out of the Bundesliga with Hannover, having made no signings and just glanced briefly in the direction of the tactics screen.
    So you're not doing anything and not having fun. Thought about playing the game as opposed to setting it up and letting it run?

Amateur

Blinkenlights Faxlore - did you really try everthing? did you try playin that you dont look at screen? I think it could be harder that way. Joke.

Im already pretty angry they sell game for 30 pounds and they didnt change anything in match engine. i dont thing they changed players stats 2 much. What did they do to put price on this product for 30 pounds? if they say ok, this year we didnt touch match engine, we change little transfer system and we add tutorial. will sell this product for 10 pounds and i would think: wow, what great company. I know they have right to put 50 ponds if they want, we dont have to buy the product, but 29 pounds is 2 much for this.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    Since the ME is the same people can just use their old tactics with the same success, i'm using my simple rigid and direct counter-attacking 442 for most games just as i did on FM11 and it works fine.
    It would not surprise me at all if that was a big reason why people were finding FM12 too easy - as a year's worth of play in FM11 has made their tactics pretty decent and having the same ME in FM12 means that they are more or less still valid.

Personally after half a season with Bradford PA in the BSN we're top but only by 3/4 points and we've lost a couple of games. But I put a lot of effort into the tactics, training schedules, picking the correct players etc so I'd expect that to work out the way it has. I certainly wouldn't think just pressing continue would lead us to where we are in the table at the moment.

FYI - I'm a big Spurs fan IRL (I go to 15 games or so a season) but never pick them in FM as I know that taking over an established Premier League side is not a challenge when I've been playing these games for so long, since CM 01/02.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Graham206 View Post
    So you're not doing anything and not having fun. Thought about playing the game as opposed to setting it up and letting it run?
    What do you want me to do? If there's no need play the game, as you say, no thinking and no skills required in order to win, if the default result when not changing anything is basically auto-win, what's the point of playing at all? When you play a racing simulator, and you don't push the throttle, you don't go anywhere. If you don't turn in the corners, you go off the road. With this year's FM, I seem to be glued to a rail in the middle of the road, keeping me on track and always in first place. If I touch the steering wheel, it doesn't really matter - if anything, it'll probably make things worse. I mean, I'm winning anyway. What the heck is the point?
    Last edited by Blinkenlights Faxlore; 27-10-2011 at 13:55.

Banned

Blinkenlights Faxlore - did you really try everthing? did you try playin that you dont look at screen? I think it could be harder that way. Joke.

Im already pretty angry they sell game for 30 pounds and they didnt change anything in match engine. i dont thing they changed players stats 2 much. What did they do to put price on this product for 30 pounds? if they say ok, this year we didnt touch match engine, we change little transfer system and we add tutorial. will sell this product for 10 pounds and i would think: wow, what great company. I know they have right to put 50 ponds if they want, we dont have to buy the product, but 29 pounds is 2 much for this.
    I do feel abit ripped off aswell.

Just come up with a new idea though, going to try(when i can be bothered) setting 'match preparation' to below average and see if that helps make it more challenging, like fm10/11.

Amateur

Crispypaul- Do you think that in real life Spurs manager have no challenge? Or Newcastle manager? Or Fulham manager? THey have more problems then 3rd div manager. Or at least diffrent(bigger) problems.

Banned

Crispypaul- Do you think that in real life Spurs manager have no challenge? Or Newcastle manager? Or Fulham manager? THey have more problems then 3rd div manager. Or at least diffrent(bigger) problems.
    Well said.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    But I put a lot of effort into the tactics, training schedules, picking the correct players etc so I'd expect that to work out the way it has. I certainly wouldn't think just pressing continue would lead us to where we are in the table at the moment.
    I suspect that it would (not questioning your management skills ). My experience so far is that I can do everything right, and win, or just barely touch anything and stick to basic defaults... and still win regardless.

Amateur

I have friends who are profesional players in few top leagues in europe. They are heavy drinkers and bounch of lazy m.f. YOu are telling me that is easy to be their manager? I would go mad if i must train them. But we cant see these problems in FM. We cant see for example that some of your players in angry and he dont wanna play from subs( like we saw in man. city match). You you really think tevez is the only one who didnt want to play? he is just superstar, but many good players have big problems with their manager.

What SI should do is make diffrent problems for low ratings clubs( 2,3,4 league clubs) and diffrent problems for Top clubs. But they didnt do that. THey didnt even change match engine from FM11 to FM12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast