FM2012 is too easy

I have all the FM and CM.

The game is good. The new skin is practical. The interaction with the players is great.

The games are very enjoyable to watch.

Why make a game too easy?

I understand that you want to sell more games even beginners. But the experienced players are forgotten and disappointed.

I made 15 games for Marseille and I have 15 wins!

I'm really disappointed that the game is so easy.

Why not put an adjustable difficulty level in the menu option: easy, medium, hard.

Everyone would be happy.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is good. The new skin is practical. The interaction with the players is great.

I understand that you want to sell more games even beginners. But the experienced players are forgotten and disappointed.

Why not put an adjustable difficulty level in the menu option: easy, medium, hard.

Everyone would be happy.

I hate that idea so much. If you are finding the game too easy then pick a challenging team, if you wanted to make the game harder with a top european side though why not set your managerial experience to semi-pro footballer?

If you are finding the game too easy then pick a challenging team, if you wanted to make the game harder with a top european side though why not set your managerial experience to semi-pro footballer?

This. The way I see it there already is so many difficulty levels in the game. As well as the team you pick there is also the levels of past experience.

I hate that idea so much. If you are finding the game too easy then pick a challenging team, if you wanted to make the game harder with a top european side though why not set your managerial experience to semi-pro footballer?

If he picked up MArseille and he find the game easy he does not have to be obliged to pick another team cause of a easiness issue of FM.

Of course some forumers think the opposite but I told ya there will be dozens of this posts within the next weeks, I told you.

If he picked up MArseille and he find the game easy he does not have to be obliged to pick another team cause of a easiness issue of FM.

Of course some forumers think the opposite but I told ya there will be dozens of this posts within the next weeks, I told you.

If you pick one of the best teams in the league, dont be surprised to go 15 for 15.

An artificial difficulty level is just about the worst way to take the game forward.

If you pick one of the best teams in the league, dont be surprised to go 15 for 15.

An artificial difficulty level is just about the worst way to take the game forward.

Correct, but I bet he will win all the matches in the France League so this is not normal.

How can I know that ? Because he is the number 20 man reporting that and the game is out since less then 24h...

Everyone would be happy.

The level of difficulty of the game is made by the team you choose. Take the English Premiership as an example:

- Hard: Wolves, QPR

- Medium: Liverpool, Tottenham

- Easy: Man City, Man United

If you choose Marseille, of course the France league will be a walk in the park. But what about the continental competition?

The level of difficulty of the game is made by the team you choose. Take the English Premiership as an example:

- Hard: Wolves, QPR

- Medium: Liverpool, Tottenham

- Easy: Man City, Man United

If you choose Marseille, of course the France league will be a walk in the park. But what about the continental competition?

A forumer few days ago reported a winning stripe of around 25 matches with Wolves.... it was plenty of screenshots

Correct, but I bet he will win all the matches in the France League so this is not normal.

How can I know that ? Because he is the number 20 man reporting that and the game is out since less then 24h...

20th person, out of how many thousand people who have and play the game? A human players is always better than the AI (and making a stronger AI is a long term task) and if you play as the arguably the best team you will likely cake walk the league. They havent have FM12 any easier compared to FM11

Or manage Marseillles with a reputation as a Sunday League footballer. Guarantee you won't win 15 in 15.

The " difficulty " level shouldn't impact how much your player listen to you otherwise the hardest level would have a mute manager.

I just read a review on a french website, and apparently the reviewer hollidayed through two seasons with Marseille, no signings, and this is what he won:

French Ligue1 twice/ French Cup twice as well/ League cup first year/ Champions league the second year round.

20th person, out of how many thousand people who have and play the game? A human players is always better than the AI (and making a stronger AI is a long term task) and if you play as the arguably the best team you will likely cake walk the league. They havent have FM12 any easier compared to FM11

Not all the buyers of FM post in this forum and above all the game is out since only 18 hours but we reported that since the first day of the demo release

Not all the buyers of FM post in this forum and above all the game is out since only 18 hours but we reported that since the first day of the demo release

Which brings up another point. The majority of the posters on this forum I would say are Football Manager experts compared to those who casually play the game.

Find me 10 guys with that kind of results...

The game it's not easy! IMO as the same difficulty as FM2011... and FM2010.

Perhaps after FM2011, people are more used to the game, so the tactics works better and first attempt, team talk works better, and all this put together make the feeling that the game is easier.

Top teams winning 15/20 games in a row... it's normal.

Everyone would be happy.

OMG are you having a laugh about the difficulty really? easy,medium,hard options no no no no no no no no and no. The difficulty is the teams themselves right!!! lets say for instance your team is Bath City and you get Man Utd away in the 3rd round of the fa cup if you ever managed to get em there in the first place who do you reckon is gonna win that one lol the odds would be stacked against you just letting in 5 goals against em. My point is try being one of the non league clubs and for your manager option put yourself as an ametuer then lets see how easy the game is.

Try play with a worser team, one with no money, no players who are any good. That's like declaring yourself messi while playing against a 5 year old.

Just checked, media prediction for Marseille is 3rd spot. They have NO transfer money in the first transfer window.

OMG are you having a laugh about the difficulty really? easy,medium,hard options no no no no no no no no and no. The difficulty is the teams themselves right!!! lets say for instance your team is Bath City and you get Man Utd away in the 3rd round of the fa cup if you ever managed to get em there in the first place who do you reckon is gonna win that one lol the odds would be stacked against you just letting in 5 goals against em. My point is try being one of the non league clubs and for your manager option put yourself as an ametuer then lets see how easy the game is.

I agree with this.

Which brings up another point. The majority of the posters on this forum I would say are Football Manager experts compared to those who casually play the game.

I think that the vast majority of FM customers are FM experts so the game IMO should be tuned not only for the beginners.

If this was the first time for me to play FM probably I would find it not easy indeed but being the 4th edition that I play it seems a piece of cake to win the Champions cup within 10 years starting from League 2.

Usually I win the Champions cup within 15 years with previous versions, starting from League 2.

I do not normally win all my games (3-0 or 4-0) even against the best French teams. I also beat Real Madrid 4-0 and Man City 3-1.

In France, Marseille is not a great team. It is normal that I win I win, but not all my games easily.

What if I want to start with Marseille, I can do it I think. I do not have to start in Division 5 for a bit of difficulty.

Adjustable levels of difficulty allow good players to take more pleasure.

After everyone can choose their level according to its level.

I do not normally win all my games (3-0 or 4-0) even against the best French teams. I also beat Real Madrid 4-0 and Man City 3-1.

In France, Marseille is not a great team. It is normal that I win I win, but not all my games easily.

What if I want to start with Marseille, I can do it I think. I do not have to start in Division 5 for a bit of difficulty.

I keep on agreeing with you.

I don't like to press the " WIN " key on my Logitech keyboard.

I think that the vast majority of FM customers are FM experts so the game IMO should be tuned not only for the beginners.

I this was the first time for me to play FM probably I would find it not easy indeed but being the 4th edition that I play it seems a piece of cake to win the Champions cup within 10 years starting from League 2.

Usually I win the Champions cup within 15 years with previous versions, starting from League 2.

That is ridiculous. You think that Football Manager is aimed towards people who haven't played the game before? This year more than any year SI have tried to make the game playable for FM rookies but to say the game is aimed more towards these customers rather than the consistent customers over the years is ridiculous. I've played FM for a long time and if I loaded up FM having never had any experience of manager games before I wouldn't have a clue where to start if it wasn't for the new tutorial system. I believe SI are walking a tight rope. They have to balance making a challenging, enjoyable game for veteran players whilst make it playable for people who have never experienced FM to try and maximize sales.

If this was the first time for me to play FM probably I would find it not easy indeed but being the 4th edition that I play it seems a piece of cake to win the Champions cup within 10 years starting from League 2.

It isnt tuned for beginners that is the point. The AI just isnt good enough compared to a very seasoned gamer. The only solution to this is a smarter A.I and that isnt easy. Most players arent very seasoned or there wouldnt be so many tactical help threads across all the forums

The worst thing they could do is try and shoehorn in some arbitrary difficulty level like most games do

That is ridiculous. You think that Football Manager is aimed towards people who haven't played the game before? This year more than any year SI have tried to make the game playable for FM rookies but to say the game is aimed more towards these customers rather than the consistent customers over the years is ridiculous. I've played FM for a long time and if I loaded up FM having never had any experience of manager games before I wouldn't have a clue where to start if it wasn't for the new tutorial system. I believe SI are walking a tight rope. They have to balance making a challenging, enjoyable game for veteran players whilst make it playable for people who have never experienced FM to try and maximize sales.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

How about to spawn a dedicated Poll and to let it open for at least 2 days before censuri... caugh caugh ...closing it ?

I think that this would take away the realism of the game. For example you pick Man United, and the game is so hard that you struggle to qualify for a continental competition? thats not real imo.

Seconded, the players morale will all be very poor coz the managers rep is rhubarb!!!

The other point about starting with your manager reputation as Sunday League footballer is that it is realistic. Winning 15 in a row with Marseilles might be unrealistic, but so is an armchair warrior managing them! Be your REAL SELF, then see how easy it is!

Keyser Soze. You might like to consider the logic of my point too. If YOU managed United in real life, would they finish in the top 4?

i do not normally win all my games (3-0 or 4-0) even against the best french teams. I also beat real madrid 4-0 and man city 3-1.

In france, marseille is not a great team. It is normal that i win i win, but not all my games easily.

What if i want to start with marseille, i can do it i think. I do not have to start in division 5 for a bit of difficulty.

please si if you are reading this do not put a difficulty setting in the game!!

It isnt tuned for beginners that is the point. The AI just isnt good enough compared to a very seasoned gamer. The only solution to this is a smarter A.I and that isnt easy.

The worst thing they could do is try and shoehorn in some arbitrary difficulty level like most games do

I agree and also it would be so hard to implement this into a game like this.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

How about to spawn a dedicated Poll and to let it open for at least 2 days before censuri... caugh caugh ...closing it ?

Fair play. I'm not having a go at you or anything mate. I'm just expressing my opinion and I respect yours too.

only reason this thread would be closed Is because this was already discussed. And if anything should be in the bugs forums, but some people never learn and can't seem to figure that out

and also for going off topic :)

Adjustable difficulty is a bad idea because with the exception of chess games, "adjustable difficulty" just means letting the AI cheat which, IMO, always becomes obvious and just frustrating when you're really just looking for a more realistic simulation.

The same goes for just lowering your reputation. Lowering your reputation doesn't make the AI better. It just makes your players play like garbage and ignore your instructions. There's not really any challenge in that either because it basically means you're giving up control of your team and hoping the results just randomly go in your direction.

With that said, there are a couple of ways to make the game more challenging, but it requires playing with the editor:

1) Change AI manager tactical attributes to model effective player-made tactics (not just your own but downloadable tactics as well, I did this with an AI Guardiola in FM11 and Barcelona just crushed everyone)

2) Improve the personality attributes for key players on opposition teams, making them more consistent and less prone to the sort of emotional meltdowns that make 5-0 results for human players so common

3) Don't sign every super awesome player. Realistically, it wouldn't be so easy for Arsenal to sign a Hulk, Hummels or Hazard. Keep your squad realistic and work within limited means, concentrate on building your youth prospects and don't sign superstars as substitutes knowing they won't complain as they would in real life.

4) Experiment with new tactical approaches.

people xclaiming it's "the worst idea ever"

A idea I have seen posted off the top of my head.... Making wages spendable on cars and jewelry.

I don't think a difficulty option is a good idea becouse as already stated choice of club ect does that, But it is far from the worste FM idea.

Fair play. I'm not having a go at you or anything mate. I'm just expressing my opinion and I respect yours too.

Speaking with guys like you is a pleasure and you shows a shining intelligence.

We disagree but I hope this thread will be always populated by people like you.

Archived