+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Now You Do Not Punish Someone, English Or Otherwise, For Being Rubbish At FM...

Reserves

E) Will SnakeXe have a lot of Brazilians in his next team?

Amateur

I've just read through all of this, cracking career.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Almost certainly! I don't know what the rules are regarding foreign players for Mexican sides, I assume there's some sort of quota.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneBramage View Post
    I've just read through all of this, cracking career.
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it

Semi Pro

Last time I had last looked at this and posted, I was mid-way through page 6, you had just finished your first season at Arsenal, so I had A LOT of catching up to do! I'd say your Arsenal stint was a little underwhelming, not poor because back-to-back titles is great of course, but with that much money I'd have expected at least one domestic cup too, and something better in the Champions League than crashing out in 1 semi-final and 2 quarter-finals.

Thoroughly convincing at Santos though, top marks for your work in Brazil. I'm sure they're a ton of fun to manage due to the constant stream of youth talent in there, I even started a career with them once, but couldn't bear the exhausting calendar. I noticed at the start you mentioned that the brazilian domestic league had plummeted in reputation, how's that going now? Surely it improved after your successes - and after that season with 4 brazilian clubs in the Libertadores semis?

Semi Pro

And how's that dutch forward Koster doing these days? Still at Arsenal? Still banging goals like there's no tomorrow?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Last time I had last looked at this and posted, I was mid-way through page 6, you had just finished your first season at Arsenal, so I had A LOT of catching up to do! I'd say your Arsenal stint was a little underwhelming, not poor because back-to-back titles is great of course, but with that much money I'd have expected at least one domestic cup too, and something better in the Champions League than crashing out in 1 semi-final and 2 quarter-finals.

Thoroughly convincing at Santos though, top marks for your work in Brazil. I'm sure they're a ton of fun to manage due to the constant stream of youth talent in there, I even started a career with them once, but couldn't bear the exhausting calendar. I noticed at the start you mentioned that the brazilian domestic league had plummeted in reputation, how's that going now? Surely it improved after your successes - and after that season with 4 brazilian clubs in the Libertadores semis?
    I definitely agree about Arsenal, it just wouldn't come together in the end and I wasn't really enjoying it. I don't mind being beaten by better sides, but when your team beats itself as regularly as that side did it's just demoralising. With hindsight I think I should have just torn up my tactics and started again. Clearly the squad was plenty good enough, as evidenced by the absolute domination under Ronald de Boer after I left.

Santos has been great fun, you're right. The club's academy by itself has been prolific, and when you include the bargains to be picked up from other sides inexplicably leaving their highly-talented youths in the under-19 squad it's a real joy for developing a vibrant, young side. I'll have a look at the reputation next time I load up the game, I think it probably will have increased somewhat! I think it's possibly relatively low compared to the quality of the league because the state championships are quite important in Brazil. I seem to remember reading once that it took a while for the national championship to be taken seriously by the big clubs (particularly in Sao Paulo) as they were more interested in winning the states.

Youth Team

And how's that dutch forward Koster doing these days? Still at Arsenal? Still banging goals like there's no tomorrow?
    Koster never replicated his 56-goal season but he's notched a good 30 or so every year, and he's still at Arsenal. Awesome striker!

Amateur

Fantastic at the halfway point mate.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Fantastic at the halfway point mate.
    Thanks

Real tempter, Dortmund are one of my favourite clubs IRL and I'd love to go back to Germany. If the Libertadores finished at the usual time of year I'd probably have taken it. Stupid inconsiderate World Cup

Youth Team

2026 FIFA World Cup
    Hosts: Mexico
    Holders: Brazil

Group Stage:
    Group A
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team      |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Argentina |       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 5     | 0     | +5    | 9     | 
    | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Mexico    |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 5     | 2     | +3    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Greece    |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 6     | -4    | 1     | 
    | 4th   |       | Algeria   |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 5     | -4    | 1     | 
    Group B
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Netherlands  |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 3     | 1     | +2    | 7     | 
    | -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Turkey       |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Colombia     |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 3     | 4     | -1    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Saudi Arabia |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 3     | 4     | -1    | 3     | 
    Group C
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team    |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Serbia  |       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 9     | 1     | +8    | 9     | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Japan   |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 4     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Tunisia |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 6     | -4    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Ukraine |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 5     | -4    | 1     | 
    Group D
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team     |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | France   |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 7     | 2     | +5    | 6     | 
    | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Belgium  |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 3     | +1    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Morocco  |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 5     | 5     | 0     | 6     | 
    | 4th   |       | Honduras |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 7     | -6    | 0     | 
    Group E
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | England    |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 4     | 1     | +3    | 7     | 
    | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Germany    |       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 5     | 3     | +2    | 5     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Egypt      |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 5     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Uzbekistan |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 2     | 7     | -5    | 0     | 
    Group F
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Italy       |       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 6     | 2     | +4    | 9     | 
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Peru        |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 2     | +1    | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Sweden      |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 4     | -2    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | South Korea |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 4     | -3    | 1     | 

Group G

Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | Portugal   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 13    | 3     | +10   | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Nigeria    |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 3     | +2    | 7     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Costa Rica |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 4     | 8     | -4    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Chile      |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 9     | -8    | 0     | 
    Group H
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Spain         |       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 6     | 3     | +3    | 9     | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Brazil        |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 5     | 2     | +3    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | United States |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 4     | 3     | +1    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Bahrain       |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 8     | -7    | 0     | 

Knockout Stage:
    Second Round:
    Turkey 0 v 1 Argentina
    Mexico 1 v 3 Netherlands
    Serbia 1 v 1p Belgium
    Japan 2 v 5 France
    Peru p2 v 2 England
    Italy 3 v 0 Germany
    Brazil 1 v 1p Portugal
    Spain 1 v 0 Nigeria

Quarter Final:
    Argentina 2 v 1 France
    Netherlands e3 v 2 Belgium
    Peru 1 v 2 Spain
    Italy 1 v 4 Portugal

Semi Final:
    Argentina 2 v 0 Portugal
    Netherlands 3 v 0 Spain

Third Place Playoff:
    Portugal 2 v 3 Spain

Final:
    Argentina 3 v 2 Netherlands

Back to a more normal result for England - losing on penalties to perceived weaker opponents.

Youth Team

2028 UEFA European Championship
    Hosts: England
    Holders: Netherlands

Group Stage:
    Group A:
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | Serbia      |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 2     | +3    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Georgia     |       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 5     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Romania     |       | 3     | 0     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 4     | -2    | 2     | 
    | 4th   |       | Switzerland |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 1     | 

Group B:
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team    |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | England |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 6     | 3     | +3    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Turkey  |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 4     | 
    | 3rd   | Q     | Norway  |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Cyprus  |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 5     | -3    | 3     | 

Group C:
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Italy   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 4     | 2     | +2    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Poland  |       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 7     | 4     | +3    | 5     | 
    | 3rd   | Q     | Belgium |       | 3     | 0     | 2     | 1     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 2     | 
    | 4th   |       | Greece  |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 6     | -4    | 1     | 

Group D:
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Russia      |       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 5     | 4     | +1    | 5     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Netherlands |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 3     | +1    | 4     | 
    | 3rd   | Q     | Germany     |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 3     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Bulgaria    |       | 3     | 0     | 2     | 1     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 2     | 

Group E:
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team     |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | France   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 9     | 1     | +8    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Portugal |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Croatia  |       | 3     | 0     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 3     | -1    | 2     | 
    | 4th   |       | Scotland |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 7     | -5    | 1     | 

Group F:
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Spain   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 10    | 6     | +4    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Sweden  |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 6     | 6     | 0     | 6     | 
    | 3rd   | Q     | Finland |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 5     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Ukraine |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 4     | 8     | -4    | 0     | 

Knockout Stage:
    Second Round:
    Turkey 1 v 2e Serbia
    France 3 v 0 Sweden
    England 0 v 2 Norway
    Spain 2 v 1 Belgium
    Georgia 1 v 3 Portugal
    Italy 0 v 2 Germany
    Russia e3 v 2 Finland
    Poland 0 v 3 Netherlands

Quarter Final:

France e1 v 0 Serbia
    Norway 0 v 2 Spain
    Portugal 1 v 3 Germany
    Netherlands 3 v 0 Russia

Semi Final:
    France 2 v 3e Netherlands
    Spain 3 v 0 Germany

Final:
    Netherlands 1 v 2 Spain

Reserves

Ouch. England crashing out to Norway that early while hosting the tournament.

Woooh!

Youth Team

Ouch. England crashing out to Norway that early while hosting the tournament.

Woooh!
    FOOTBALL'S COMING... oh.

Youth Team

Game-changing sub or what? Hattrick and a further assist within 10 minutes of coming on!

Reserves

Only 3 successful passes in half an hour, one offside, and lost both his headers. He's clearly crap!

Youth Team

Only 3 successful passes in half an hour, one offside, and lost both his headers. He's clearly crap!

Useless waster isn't he

Youth Team

2030 FIFA World Cup
    Hosts: Italy
    Holders: Argentina

Group Stage:
    Group A
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Italy   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 9     | 2     | +7    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Ukraine |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 3     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Peru    |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 5     | -3    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Egypt   |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 6     | -4    | 3     | 
    Group B
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Serbia   |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 1     | +4    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Portugal |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 3     | 0     | +3    | 7     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Chile    |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 4     | -2    | 1     | 
    | 4th   |       | Mexico   |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 6     | -5    | 1     | 
    Group C
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Argentina  |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 2     | +3    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Germany    |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 4     | +1    | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Costa Rica |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Japan      |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 5     | -3    | 1     | 
    Group D
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | Turkey      |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 1     | +2    | 4     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Ivory Coast |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 4     | 0     | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | France      |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Iran        |       | 3     | 0     | 3     | 0     | 3     | 3     | 0     | 3     | 
    Group E
    Code:
    | 1st   | Q     | England  |       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 8     | 2     | +6    | 9     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Colombia |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Mali     |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 3     | 4     | -1    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Croatia  |       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 0     | 4     | -4    | 0     | 
    Group F
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | Netherlands  |       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 7     | 1     | +6    | 7     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Saudi Arabia |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 4     | +1    | 4     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Austria      |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 5     | -2    | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Cameroon     |       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 5     | -5    | 1     | 

Group G

Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team      |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | 1st   | Q     | Spain     |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 7     | 3     | +4    | 6     | 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Russia    |       | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 6     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Morocco   |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 4     | 3     | +1    | 3     | 
    | 4th   |       | Australia |       | 3     | 1     | 0     | 2     | 2     | 8     | -6    | 3     | 
    Group H
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team  |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   | Q     | Sweden|       | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 4     | 1     | +3    | 7     | 
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   | Q     | Brazil|       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 3     | 1     | +2    | 5     | 
    | 3rd   |       | Qatar |       | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 4     | 
    | 4th   |       | Canada|       | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 5     | -4    | 0     | 

Knockout Stage:
    Second Round:
    Portugal 1 v 0 Italy
    Ukraine 0 v 1 Serbia
    Ivory Coast 2 v 3e Argentina
    Turkey 0 v 1 Germany
    England 2 v 1 Saudi Arabia
    Netherlands 1 v 0 Colombia
    Brazil 2 v 1 Spain
    Sweden 2 v 1 Russia

Quarter Final:
    Portugal 0 v 2e Germany
    Serbia 0 v 1 Argentina
    England 4 v 0 Sweden
    Netherlands p3 v 3 Brazil

Semi Final:
    Germany e3 v 1 Netherlands
    Argentina 2 v 3 England

Third Place Playoff:
    Netherlands 1 v 2 Argentina

Final:
    Germany 0 v 0p England

Pretty much the perfect tournament for England, with wins over bogey teams Sweden, Argentina and Germany, not to mention a penalty shootout success. So unrealistic. Santos actually had a couple of players involved; Mauro Sánchez was backup left fullback for Argentina, even getting onto the pitch for the game against Ivory Coast, whilst Eduardo Fernández was a starter for Chile who had a bit of a mare.

Youth Team

What do we have here then? An interesting diversion from club management you say? Well why not indeed...

CV sent off, if I get the job I'll stay with Santos until the end of the season then concentrate on international matters until the next World Cup or (more likely) I'm sacked.

Youth Team

Done! Just the one friendly to take care of this year so shouldn't impact on my duties as Santos boss too much.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Good luck with the National side .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Good luck with the National side .
    Thanks

To respond to whoever asked about the standing of the league, it's up to 4th in the competition rankings now, behind the Argentina top division and cup plus the Chilean top division.

Youth Team

Name: Brazil
    Nickname: Canarinho, A Seleção, Verde-Amarela, Samba Boys, Pentacampeões
    First International: Argentina 3 v 0 Brazil, 20 September 1914
    Stadium: Various

From Wikipedia:
    The Brazil national football team represents Brazil in international men's football and is controlled by the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), the governing body for football in Brazil. They are a member of the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) since 1923 and also a member of the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) since 1916. Brazil is the most successful national football team in the history of the FIFA World Cup, with five championships. They are also the most successful team in the FIFA Confederations Cup with three titles. At continental level, Brazil has won eight Copa América titles.

Brazil is the only team to have won the championship in four different continents; once in Europe (1958 Sweden), once in South America (1962 Chile), twice in North America (1970 Mexico and 1994 USA) and once in Asia (2002 S. Korea-Japan). A common quip about football is: "Os ingleses o inventaram, os brasileiros o aperfeiçoaram" ("The English invented it, the Brazilians perfected it").
    Since the start of the game Brazil have added another World Cup plus two Confederations Cups to their trophy cabinet, perhaps a meagre return given their talent pool. My job is to harness what is undoubtedly a talented squad, ship out the big names who are past their sell-by date, and cling on for dear life until the World Cup rolls around.

Amateur

Congrats on getting the Brazil job, should be fun!

Youth Team

Well that turned out to be more than a bit prescient didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Congrats on getting the Brazil job, should be fun!
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to trying out international management, I haven't really had a proper go at it since FM10. Plus it gives me the option to actually take another year or two with Santos if I want (the more I think about leaving the more I don't really want to!), whilst adding more interest and a new challenge.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    FOOTBALL'S COMING... oh.
    David Beckham... Tony Blair... Sir Bruce Forsyth... Adele... Phil Taylor... Sir Steven Redgrave... Sir Steven can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating.

Of course I don't know who will be famous between 2013 and 2028 so I've had to use present day famous names.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    David Beckham... Tony Blair... Sir Bruce Forsyth... Adele... Phil Taylor... Sir Steven Redgrave... Sir Steven can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating.

Of course I don't know who will be famous between 2013 and 2028 so I've had to use present day famous names.
    I think we can safely assume based on the current rate of progression in calibre of celebrities, the famous of 2028 will be rapists and child molesters.

Youth Team

It's nice to reduce a team of Corinthians' calibre to trying to kick you out of the game.

Amateur

Hah fine win, and that's what they get for being brutes

Youth Team

Hah fine win, and that's what they get for being brutes
    Indeed! Dirty dirty Corinthians, what an excellent oxymoron.

Those following on Twitter will know it had a happy ending

Reserves

Well that turned out to be more than a bit prescient didn't it?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to trying out international management, I haven't really had a proper go at it since FM10. Plus it gives me the option to actually take another year or two with Santos if I want (the more I think about leaving the more I don't really want to!), whilst adding more interest and a new challenge.
    Congrats with the millennium and mighty good luck with Brazil. Trust me, you'll need it. I half-expect you'll be sacked after a friendly draw at some point, or after not being through in a tournament after 2 group matches. That is what routinely happens on my games, and although that is on FM10 I don't think this has changed much.

There is something about the balance there that is just off the chart. Getting sacked after bowing out in the quarters in the World Cup with Brazil is quite realistic, but Brazil managers typically don't get sacked at other times than after World Cup IRL, but in FM that happens almost on a yearly basis (indeed, Brazil tend to fire their manager at least annually from what I have seen).

Sadly the Brazilian FA have the patience of a speeding bullet.

Can you tell I've been canned by them?

Reserves

Feel a strong urge to post the original

Nice landmark Snake .

Youth Team

Nice landmark Snake .
    Thanks!

Congrats with the millennium and mighty good luck with Brazil. Trust me, you'll need it. I half-expect you'll be sacked after a friendly draw at some point, or after not being through in a tournament after 2 group matches. That is what routinely happens on my games, and although that is on FM10 I don't think this has changed much.

There is something about the balance there that is just off the chart. Getting sacked after bowing out in the quarters in the World Cup with Brazil is quite realistic, but Brazil managers typically don't get sacked at other times than after World Cup IRL, but in FM that happens almost on a yearly basis (indeed, Brazil tend to fire their manager at least annually from what I have seen).

Sadly the Brazilian FA have the patience of a speeding bullet.

Can you tell I've been canned by them?
    Yeah I'm expecting a difficult job! There's also a bit of a generational gap, there are some fantastic players who are 32/33 now that I just can't consider in my team because I'm looking at 2034, a smattering in between, and then the 20-and-unders coming through at Santos and a couple of other Brazilian clubs. I've got Junior, Lucas and Macarrao from Santos in my squad, and even if I wasn't biased I'd still be picking them because there's noone better! Probably something to do with the fact that most Brazilian clubs don't produce wingers due to the 4-2-2-2 being the 4-4-2 equivalent there.

I quite like the fact that it's such a over-the-top difficult job though, most of the other "poisoned chalice" jobs IRL like England and Real Madrid are far too difficult to get sacked from on FM. Of course I probably won't be saying that in 6 months time when I'm sacked for drawing a friendly against Serbia but there we go

Reserves

Here's to the next 1000

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 18 Preview - Brazil

FA Expectations:
    Friendlies - Uphold honour

My Expectations:
    Friendlies - Avoid defeat against Spain, beat Australia and Mexico

Other:
    World Ranking: 3rd (3rd on arrival)

Squad:
    The generation gap is quite a problem. I doubt half of these players will be any use by the time the World Cup rolls around. Looks like I may be blooding more of my Santos lads earlier than I wanted to.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence

Luciano - D/WBL - Great attacking fullback - bizarrely still at Libertad despite being a Brazil regular.

Midfield
    Adriano
    - DC/DM/MC - A Santos youth product in fact, now at Chelsea. Is one of a number of massively talented DC/DM/MCs that Brazil seem to produce by the truckload, but the only one who's not unproven or leaving the crest of the hill.
    Lucas - M/AMR - Not my Lucas, although he'll probably have this guy's place in the squad soon as he's 32 and there's noone between him and Lucas/Evandro.

Strikers
    Bacana
    - ST - The Barcelona forward is just the right age for us, and should score bucketloads.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Here's to the next 1000
    If I get to 2000 matches before FM13 is out I need to have a serious look at my life. Unless of course everything else is going swimmingly and I've managed to get that far, in which case I deserve some sort of crown and sceptre

Reserves

Based on those players, Brazil have a cracking team. Adriano looks stunning. Almost a carbon copy of a guy named Celio in my game that I stupidly overlooked because he didn't look very good. Could have bought him for 2-ish million. Now Inter want 53 million for him and he's one of the best players in the world. But I digress.

No column with ages in the squad photo, but is it really so bad you have to drop half the team for the next tournament? That's quite a turnover. Though I suppose it won't be a big problem in Brazil's case as there never seems to be a lack of talent there. Best of luck. You'll do well to survive to the next World Cup.

Third Team

Isn't Adele Welsh?

Youth Team

Good luck with Brazil. Bacana looks a fantastic striker, surprised he's only been capped 13 times so far.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Isn't Adele Welsh?
    No, she was born and lives in London.

International Squad

Well done on getting the Brazil job Snake.

Semi Pro

Bacana looks reem!

Good luck with Brazil

Youth Team

Based on those players, Brazil have a cracking team. Adriano looks stunning. Almost a carbon copy of a guy named Celio in my game that I stupidly overlooked because he didn't look very good. Could have bought him for 2-ish million. Now Inter want 53 million for him and he's one of the best players in the world. But I digress.

No column with ages in the squad photo, but is it really so bad you have to drop half the team for the next tournament? That's quite a turnover. Though I suppose it won't be a big problem in Brazil's case as there never seems to be a lack of talent there. Best of luck. You'll do well to survive to the next World Cup.
    There was an incredibly talented generation which is just starting to fade now - the World Cup would have been their last hoorah except they lost control of their bowels. Basically all of the big-name players at big clubs apart from Bacana and Adriano are 30+. Hopefully all the younger guys at smaller clubs will move up the food chain quickly as they start to retire. I'm now starting to think that if I want to succeed at Brazil I might have to let some of my Santos starlets go to fully reach their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Good luck with Brazil. Bacana looks a fantastic striker, surprised he's only been capped 13 times so far.
    Thanks! Yeah that's part of the generational gap - they had one striker called Tainha (not the one I had at Werder) who was a global superstar and won numerous Ballon D'Ors etc, and another couple his age who were as good but less world-superstar-y, which means the younger players just didn't get a look in. I just played the Spain friendly and they had a couple of naturalised Brazilians in their team who I'd have picked for my squad.

Well done on getting the Brazil job Snake.
    Thanks Nobby

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Bacana looks reem!

Good luck with Brazil
    Reem? Is this some sort of new slang the kids are using? I'll assume it means he's good...

Semi Pro

I think it is Mr Snake, we are just getting to old to be "hip" with the "g's"

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 18 - 2030

Story of the Season:
    Campeonato Paulista Série A1 - 1st/Winners
    Rampant from start to finish.

Campeonato Brasileirao da Série A - 1st
    Record-breaking season - we smashed both the goals scored and points accumulated records, winning pretty much every individual award including closing out the top three of the goals of the season.

Copa Libertadores - Winners
    Another excellent campaign, Libertad and Monterrey dispatched before another emphatic win over Corinthians in the final to retain the trophy.

Recopa Sudamericana - Winners
    Vélez were no match for us despite a creditable draw in the first leg.

Club World Cup - Runners Up (lost v Chelsea)
    Mexican side Tigres were even tougher than Zamalek last season, and a tight first half ended goalless. Disaster struck when Vásquez opened the scoring for the Mexicans, and we laboured to create decent opportunities. Ricardo was our saviour, heading in from a corner on 74 minutes. This seemed to release us a little, as Evandro gave us the lead just 5 minutes later, before Júnior ensured the result almost straight from kickoff. Lucas added the gloss with our 4th in injury time - a harsh result based on the balance of play, but I wasn't complaining!

Chelsea predictably made Qatar's Al-Arabi say "uncle" in the other semi-final, so I was prepared for a tough match. Apart from Espíndola only just returning from injury we had a full-strength squad to choose from, an advantage over last year's narrow loss. We passed the ball around well and generally looked equal to Chelsea, but their extra quality in the final third told in the end, as Moreira knocked in a rebound from his own shot for the only goal of the game.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £1.8m recouped
    A quiet year on the transfers really. Espindola was an insane bargain though.

Finances
    Ever improving.

5 Most Important Players:
    Tough list to choose this year as the entire squad were amazing.
    5. Mauro Sánchez - D/WBL - The pick of the numerous defensive players I could have chosen.
    4. Xaropinho - AMR/ST - A reliable source of goals, assisted a good few too.
    3. Marinho - WBR/DM/MC - A stunning return as I used him as a box-to-box midfielder.
    2. Lucas - MC/AMRC - Missed most of last season with a cruciate injury, but didn't miss a beat this year. Assist after assist came flying in from the right flank.
    1. Júnior - AML/ST - Just wow. Our most productive player, and just a joy to watch and manage.

History:
    Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  | Team            | League                | Country      | Position | Notes                                                 |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2012/13 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Semi-finalists                                |
    | 2013/14 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 3rd      | Resigned in October                                   |
    | 2013/14 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 14th     | 15th on arrival in October                            |
    | 2014/15 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Winners                                       |
    | 2015/16 | Darlington      | League Two            | England      | 16th     | Resigned in January                                   |
    | 2015/16 | Southend United | League One            | England      | 21st     | Relegated, 24th on arrival in March                   |
    | 2016/17 | Southend United | League Two            | England      | 1st      | League Two Champions                                  |
    | 2017/18 | Southend United | League One            | England      | 2nd      | Promoted                                              |
    | 2018/19 | Southend United | Championship          | England      | 17th     | Resigned in October                                   |
    | 2018/19 | Wigan Athletic  | Championship          | England      | 4th      | 13th on arrival in October, Playoff Winners           |
    | 2019/20 | Wigan Athletic  | Premier League        | England      | 15th     | Left in December                                      |
    | 2019/20 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 8th      | 14th on arrival in December, DFB-Pokal Winners        |
    | 2020/21 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 1st      | B'liga Champions, Supercup Winners, EL Semi-Finalists |
    | 2021/22 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 2nd      | Supercup Winners, CL & DFB-Pokal Semi-Finalists       |
    | 2022/23 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 1st      | B'liga Champions, Champions League Winners            |
    | 2023/24 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 2nd      | Champ's League Semi-Finalists, League Cup Finalists   |
    | 2024/25 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 1st      | Premier League Winners, League Cup Finalists          |
    | 2025/26 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 1st      | Premier League Winners                                |
    | 2027    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | Brasileirao & Paulista Winners, Libertadores SF       |
    | 2028    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 2nd      | Paulista & Copa Libertadores Semi-Finalists           |
    | 2029    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | Brasileirao & L'dores Winners, CWC RU, Paulista SF    |
    | 2030    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | B'leirao, L'dores, Paulista, Recopa Winners, CWC RU   |
    Next Season:
    Well obviously a ridiculous season this time around makes things difficult to follow next year. However I've taken a look through the record books and no Brazilian club, even Pele's Santos, have ever won a hattrick of Copa Libertadores titles. I have one year left on my contract. I think I might just stick around to see if we can do it! (Plus another shot at that pesky Club World Cup would be nice)

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 18 - 2030

Story of the Season:
    Friendlies - P5 W2 D2 L1
    The 0-0 against Spain was a fairly good result, we played okay considering the team had no idea about the tactics I wanted to use. The 1-1 against Australia was disappointing, we should have thrashed them but only scored once and they equalised late. The goals finally flowed with the recall of legendary striker Tainha in successive 5-1 wins over Mexico and Finland, before a "45-minute instructions" ravaged shadow team lost narrowly to the Germans. I'm fairly happy, and the FA hasn't requested my family jewels on a platter so I guess they are too.

Results - Squad

World Ranking - 4th (-1)
    No big change.

Without selecting the oldies.
    5. Júnior - DC - Now you start to see why I've renamed my kid Júnior Andrade! Should be the defensive lynchpin for the whole of my career as Brazil manager.
    4. Albertinho - M/AML - A promising alternative for when we want to play with orthodox wingers on both sides.
    3. Júnior - AML/ST - Not for what he is now but for what he could be. We need him to become world-class because there's noone else near him.
    2. Adriano - D/DM/MC - A massive presence in the middle of the park.
    1. Bacana - AMC/ST - Barcelona's main man steps up to the plate as a few legendary players fade.

History:
    Code:
    | Season  | Team            | League/Competition    | Country      | Position | Notes                                                 |
    | 2012/13 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Semi-finalists                                |
    | 2013/14 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 3rd      | Resigned in October                                   |
    | 2013/14 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 14th     | 15th on arrival in October                            |
    | 2014/15 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Winners                                       |
    | 2015/16 | Darlington      | League Two            | England      | 16th     | Resigned in January                                   |
    | 2015/16 | Southend United | League One            | England      | 21st     | Relegated, 24th on arrival in March                   |
    | 2016/17 | Southend United | League Two            | England      | 1st      | League Two Champions                                  |
    | 2017/18 | Southend United | League One            | England      | 2nd      | Promoted                                              |
    | 2018/19 | Southend United | Championship          | England      | 17th     | Resigned in October                                   |
    | 2018/19 | Wigan Athletic  | Championship          | England      | 4th      | 13th on arrival in October, Playoff Winners           |
    | 2019/20 | Wigan Athletic  | Premier League        | England      | 15th     | Left in December                                      |
    | 2019/20 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 8th      | 14th on arrival in December, DFB-Pokal Winners        |
    | 2020/21 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 1st      | B'liga Champions, Supercup Winners, EL Semi-Finalists |
    | 2021/22 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 2nd      | Supercup Winners, CL & DFB-Pokal Semi-Finalists       |
    | 2022/23 | Werder Bremen   | 1. Bundesliga         | Germany      | 1st      | B'liga Champions, Champions League Winners            |
    | 2023/24 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 2nd      | Champ's League Semi-Finalists, League Cup Finalists   |
    | 2024/25 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 1st      | Premier League Winners, League Cup Finalists          |
    | 2025/26 | Arsenal         | Premier League        | England      | 1st      | Premier League Winners                                |
    | 2027    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | Brasileirao & Paulista Winners, Libertadores SF       |
    | 2028    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 2nd      | Paulista & Copa Libertadores Semi-Finalists           |
    | 2029    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | Brasileirao & L'dores Winners, CWC RU, Paulista SF    |
    | 2030    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | B'leirao, L'dores, Paulista, Recopa Winners, CWC RU   |
    | 2030    | Brazil          | Friendlies            | Brazil       | N/A      | Appointed in July, P5 W2 D2 L1                        |
    Next Season:
    The Copa América is next summer, my minimum expectation is to win it. Gulp.

Youth Team

Former Club Watch:

Weymouth F.C.:

Will they ever return?

Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Notes                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13*  Blue Square South       2nd       Playoff Semi-finalists
    2013/14*  Blue Square South       9th       I left in October (resigned)
    2014/15   Blue Square South       10th      -
    2015/16   Blue Square South       19th      -
    2016/17   Blue Square South       9th       FA Cup 2nd Round
    2017/18   Blue Square South       3rd       Playoff Winners
    2018/19   Blue Square Premier     21st      Relegated
    2019/20   Blue Square South       14th      -
    2020/21   Blue Square South       14th      -
    2021/22   Blue Square South       19th      -
    2022/23   Blue Square South       18th      -
    2023/24   Blue Square South       22nd      Relegated
    2024/25   N/A                     N/A       FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
    2025/26   N/A                     N/A       -
    2026/27   N/A                     N/A       FA Cup 3rd Round
    2027/28   N/A                     N/A       -
    2028/29   N/A                     N/A       -
    2029/30   N/A                     N/A       -

NB * indicates that I was in charge for at least part of the season.
    Darlington F.C.:

Well stick that up my pipe and smoke it! I thought they were only going one way.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013/14*  Blue Square Premier     14th      I joined in October
    2014/15*  Blue Square Premier     2nd       Playoff Winners
    2015/16*  League Two              18th      I left in January (resigned)
    2016/17   League Two              17th      JPT North Quarter Final
    2017/18   League Two              15th      FA Cup 3rd Round
    2018/19   League Two              3rd       Promoted
    2019/20   League One              22nd      Relegated, FA Cup 4th Round
    2020/21   League Two              20th      -
    2021/22   League Two              6th       FA Cup 4th Round, Playoff Semi-finalists
    2022/23   League Two              9th       JPT North Quarter Final
    2023/24   League Two              16th      JPT North Semi Final
    2024/25   League Two              11th      -
    2025/26   League Two              19th      -
    2026/27   League Two              19th      -
    2027/28   League Two              18th      -
    2028/29   League Two              20th      -
    2029/30   League Two              1st       League Two Winners
    Southend United:

Just a point away from automatic promotion, they then blew it in the playoffs. Such a shame.

Code:
    2015/16*  League One              21st      Relegated, I joined in March
    2016/17*  League Two              1st       League Two Winners
    2017/18*  League One              2nd       Promoted
    2018/19*  Championship            15th      I left in October (resigned)
    2019/20   Championship            20th      -
    2020/21   Championship            12th      FA Cup 5th Round
    2021/22   Championship            9th       -
    2022/23   Championship            15th      -
    2023/24   Championship            16th      FA Cup Semi Final
    2024/25   Championship            21st      -
    2025/26   Championship            19th      -
    2026/27   Championship            16th      League Cup Runners up
    2027/28   Championship            21st      -
    2028/29   Championship            22nd      Relegated
    2029/30   League One              3rd       Playoff Semi-finalists
    Wigan Athletic:

Life's never dull for the Latics' supporters.

Code:
    2018/19*  Championship            4th       I joined in October, Playoff Winners
    2019/20*  Premier League          11th      I left in December (job offer)
    2020/21   Premier League          18th      League Cup Winners, Relegated
    2021/22   Championship            2nd       Promoted, League Cup Quarter-finalists
    2022/23   Premier League          17th      FA Cup 6th Round
    2023/24   Premier League          19th      Relegated
    2024/25   Championship            5th       Playoff Semi-finalists
    2025/26   Championship            4th       Playoff Winners, FA Cup 6th Round
    2026/27   Premier League          5th       FA Cup 6th Round, EL Qualification
    2027/28   Premier League          19th      League Cup Quarter-finalists
    2028/29   Championship            6th       FA Cup 5th Round, Playoff Semi-finalists
    2029/30   Championship            4th       Playoff Runners Up
    Werder Bremen:

Still no trophy but crucially requalified for the Champions League. I know things aren't going well this year though as I was linked with the job.

Code:
    2019/20*  1. Bundesliga           8th       I joined in December, DFB-Pokal Winners
    2020/21*  1. Bundesliga           1st       B'liga, S'cup Winners; EL Semi-finalists
    2021/22*  1. Bundesliga           2nd       S'cup Winners; EL, DFB-P Semi-finalists
    2022/23*  1. Bundesliga           1st       B'liga, Champs League Winners
    2023/24   1. Bundesliga           2nd       CWC, DFB-Pokal Winners
    2024/25   1. Bundesliga           4th       Champs League, DFB-Pokal Semi-finalists
    2025/26   1. Bundesliga           4th       -
    2026/27   1. Bundesliga           3rd       DFB-Pokal Winners
    2027/28   1. Bundesliga           5th       Europa League Semi-finalists
    2028/29   1. Bundesliga           4th       Europa League QF, DFB-Pokal RU
    2029/30   1. Bundesliga           3rd       Europa League Quarter-finalists
    Arsenal:

Reclaimed the title but fell just short of a "League" double.

Code:
    2023/24*  Premier League          2nd       CL Semi-finalists, LC Runners up
    2024/25*  Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners, LC Runners Up
    2025/26*  Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL & CL Winners, FA Cup Semi-finalists
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL, CL, CWC & LC Winners, FA Cup Final
    2028/29   Premier League          3rd       League Cup Runners Up, Champ's Lg SF
    2029/30   Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners, Champ's Lg RU

Youth Team

Well done on an excellent season! All your old clubs did pretty well too!

Great going mate. Excellent season .

First Team Squad Member

Very nice SnakeXe. Very nice!

I see the Brazil manager bug has gone then!

Semi Pro

Reem? Is this some sort of new slang the kids are using? I'll assume it means he's good...
    Reem is from that crap, The Only Way Is Essex. (I think)

It basically means like 'well fit' 'bang tidy' etc but I used it to describe his stats

Amateur

Excellent season

Youth Team

Well done on an excellent season! All your old clubs did pretty well too!
    Cheers! Well apart from Darlington they all should have done really. Arguably Southend should have gone straight back up easily being a Championship stalwart for so long.

Excellent season
    Great going mate. Excellent season .
    Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Very nice SnakeXe. Very nice!

I see the Brazil manager bug has gone then!
    I guess it must have! The FA didn't even bat an eyelid over losing to Germany when I was expecting a bollocking at the least.

It basically means like 'well fit' 'bang tidy' etc but I used it to describe his stats
    I'm glad I didn't understand that then! Even seeing those awful people on other programs just makes me cringe.

Updates may well slow down for the next few weeks - I've finally got a decent PC in my office so I should actually go up to campus and use it, which means no more casual FMing whilst waiting for simulations to solve, and my evenings are fairly busy due to a few gigs I've got coming up. I'll try to keep plodding along at least!

Semi Pro

Ok Mr I Have A Real Life

Good luck bronie

International Squad

You freak fancying Football Manager players.

Semi Pro

You freak fancying Football Manager players.
    I'm sure the bit after etc saves me from that

Semi Pro

So you're in charge of Brazil now, nice. Good luck for the Copa America, and by that I mean win the bloody thing so you avoid the sack. In the club side, things are starting to get a bit boring there with Santos, no?

Semi Pro

Enjoying this

Third Team

Nice work. Fingers crossed for the third Copa Libradores!

Youth Team

Just going to gloss over HC's perversion...

So you're in charge of Brazil now, nice. Good luck for the Copa America, and by that I mean win the bloody thing so you avoid the sack. In the club side, things are starting to get a bit boring there with Santos, no?
    Haha thanks! Well I wasn't bored last season, because I was going for the record points/goals, so we had to keep up a very high level of performance to do so. I could certainly see myself being bored at times next season though. It's not as bad for me because I'm basically playing fantasy football for a bit - we're so much better than everyone else that I can concentrate on playing good football most of the time - but I can understand it's not as entertaining in terms of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeViola View Post
    Enjoying this
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Nice work. Fingers crossed for the third Copa Libradores!
    Thanks! It'll probably be a bit more of a challenge this time with the Copa America falling in the middle of it, especially as I'll have to take Junior and Evandro, and perhaps Macarrao and Marinho, with me to try and avoid being sacked as Brazil boss.

I literally haven't had time to load the game up since the last update, it's ridiculous. I've got a gig on Thursday and a gig on Saturday, hopefully after that it'll calm down and I can play a bit more!

International Squad

I'm sure the bit after etc saves me from that
    I chose to ignore that bit.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

really good read, especially enjoyed since I like managing Southend, Bremen and Arsenal myself.

Youth Team

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it! I've finally gotten round to starting the next season, will get an update knocked together when I've got a spare 15 mins or so - between getting back into my guitar practice routine, exercising and my PhD I've just got no significant down time at the moment.

Semi Pro

I forget you do a PhD

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 19 Preview - Santos

Board Expectations:
    Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Serie A - Win it (Predicted 2nd out of 20)
    Campeonato Paulista Serie A1 - Win it
    Copa Libertadores - Final
    Recopa Sudamericana - Win it

My Expectations:
    Campeonato Petrobras Brasileiro da Serie A - No problems
    Campeonato Paulista Serie A1 - A win would be nice but not bothered so long as the kids get some good experience

Copa Libertadores - The one I really want this season
    Recopa Sudamericana - We should win it, but won't be garment-rendingly annoyed if we don't

Budgets:
    Transfer: £9,360,000 (£6,640,000 remaining)
    Wages: £509,258/week (£481,276/week currently)
    Balance: £20,733,983 (
    -£1,932,324 since last season)

Squad:
    A couple of hopefully decent signings will strengthen the previously-weak fullback areas, whilst Barata, who never really reached his potential, was moved on to allow a fresh bunch of youths the chance to break into the first team squad.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence

Jonathan Seijo - GK - With our goalkeeping situation in a bit of a state of flux due to me wanting to blood some youngsters over the previous, declining, reserve keeper, Seijo will need to stay fit and on form if we're to have another good season.
    Eduardo Fernández - DLC - Sheer class.

Midfield
    Marinho
    - WBR/DM/MC - Plays every role in midfield from anchor to box-to-box, and is probably better at each of them than anyone else available to me.

Strikers
    Júnior
    - AML/ST - See Fernández.
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 07-03-2012 at 16:32.

Last season with Santos do we think?

Youth Team

Almost certainly. I won't take another club job til I'm done with Brazil, though.

Semi Pro

I like managing Brazil teams but sometimes the seasons just drag on that little bit to much.

How have you found it?

Amateur

It's been a while since I posted here, what have I missed?

Youth Team

I like managing Brazil teams but sometimes the seasons just drag on that little bit to much.

How have you found it?
    They do get quite long and dull, I now play games on full speed, key highlights only, and once I'm a couple of goals up I usually tab out and do something else. The exceptions are crucial games in the Copa Libertadores and away games against the better than average Brazilian sides. It's my first proper FM experience of South American football though, so it's definitely held my interest longer than it otherwise would have. I'm considering the prospect of managing in Germany again I have to say - the seasons will almost literally go twice as quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by MattSpurs94 View Post
    It's been a while since I posted here, what have I missed?
    What haven't you missed! What was going on last time you remember?

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 19 Preview - Brazil

FA Expectations:
    Copa América - Win it
    CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers - Qualify with ease

My Expectations:
    Copa América - I'll be happy if we don't lose to anyone other than Argentina, but I don't think that'd be enough to keep my job
    CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers - The FA have this one about right

Other:
    World Ranking: 4th (
    -1 since last season)

Squad:
    This is the squad I chose for the Copa América. You can see there is only 6 players between the age of 21 and 30, which is just ridiculous. Presently there's just not the same ability coming through as the 30+ players though, so in order to fulfil expectations I have to keep using them I think.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence

Júnior - DC - The Real Madrid centre-back is a wonderful defender.

Midfield
    Adriano
    - DC/DM/MC - Should provide a nice blend of craft and graft.

Strikers
    Júnior - AML/ST - As important to Brazil as he is to Santos.
    Bacana
    - ST - Relying on his young legs to make space for veteran legend Tainha.

Youth Team

Season 19: Copa América Update

Hosts: Bolivia
    Holders: Argentina

Group Stage:
    We were drawn in a pretty easy group - Colombia, Venezuela and Costa Rica. I was pretty much expecting to win all three games quite comfortably, so chose the attacking 4-2-4 system perfected with Santos for all three games.

v Colombia (1-1)
    First up were Colombia. We suffered an early setback as Colombia grabbed a goal, but responded well and dominated the rest of the game. Unfortunately we were struggling to find the back of the net - a massive creative deficit on the flanks could not yet be solved by the Santos pairing of Evandro and Júnior. Still, Patrick came on to nod home for a goal on his international debut to save our blushes.

v Venezuela (4-0)
    Next up were the first of the two anticipated whipping boys of the group, and we finally seemed to throw off the shackles, racing into a 2-0 lead after just over 20 minutes thanks to Lucas and Patrick again. Júnior (the Real Madrid one) and Lucas again rounded off the victory nicely in the second half.

v Costa Rica (1-2)
    We faced Costa Rica with confidence of a simple win that would top the group for us. I also decided to rest a few players. Things started excellently as Evandro's cross was put through his own net by Santana, but Aperibé felt obliged to even things up 5 minutes later. Montero gave Costa Rica a shock lead, and unfortunately we never looked like taking it back. A really terrible display.

Final Standings
    We finished 2nd in our group after all, which meant a tricky date against Argentina. I wasn't too upset as we'd have to beat them at some stage to win the trophy, but if we lost I could probably expect the sack.

Knockout Stages:

Quarter Final v Argentina (e2-1)
    I went for a more conservative 4-5-1/4-2-1-3 against the old enemy, and was rewarded with a much better performance than the one against Costa Rica (although that wasn't hard). Peter gave us the lead with a smart finish from the edge of the area after 23 minutes, but Argentina were causing us all sorts of problems in defence, Caballero's determined running paying off with the equaliser. The second half petered out somewhat, so extra time it was. Bacana struck just 4 minutes in to give us the lead, which we didn't relinquish to secure probably my best result as Brazil manager.

Semi Final v Peru (e1-0)
    I cautiously stuck with the 4-5-1/4-2-1-3 against Peru, hoping that our individual talent would grab a goal whilst remaining strong at the back. It worked in the end, but took far too long, Mazinho's winner coming after 115 minutes. Another fairly shonky performance - we'd only really looked good against Venezuela all tournament - but we were in the final.

Final v Mexico (0-2)
    We'd stuffed Mexico 5-1 away from home in a friendly last year so I was pretty confident in going back to the 4-2-4 to hopefully put in at least one more good performance to show we deserved the trophy. In the end that was a catastrophic mistake. We were overrun in the first 25 minutes to I had to make a substitution to reinstate the 4-5-1/4-2-1-3. We were still rubbish, but at least curtailed a few of the Mexican forays a bit better. Our abjectness going forward finally caught up with us, though, as when Mexico nicked a goal on 70 minutes we had to go for it. If an equaliser ever looked possible it was certainly never probable, and in the end Mexico simply piled on the misery with an injury time second.

Post Tournament:
    The FA surprisingly said that despite the poor performance they still wanted me. I, however, could see the writing on the wall for this team. Headless chickens in defence, creaking veterans in midfield, unproven kids on the flanks, and an unreliable strikeforce add up to career suicide. I jumped before I was pushed.

Youth Team

Major tournaments do funny things to even the best of sides, but losing to Costa Rica is quite an epic fail! Looked quite an even game too

Amateur

Shame you couldn't find your best form particularly in the in the final, nice win over Argentina though.

Good luck for the new season with Santos

Weird things are major tournaments. Any plans to jump back into International Management?

Semi Pro

International management is so much fun but only with small nations in my opinion.

Semi Pro

Or England if your me

Youth Team

Major tournaments do funny things to even the best of sides, but losing to Costa Rica is quite an epic fail! Looked quite an even game too
    Yeah their workrate and passing was very good, they played the game of their lives. We were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    Shame you couldn't find your best form particularly in the in the final, nice win over Argentina though.

Good luck for the new season with Santos
    Thanks, yeah it's a shame we couldn't have just muddled through that one last game. I already knew I was probably going to call it a day after a tournament full of the same sort of anaemic performances, but would have been nice to leave with a trophy under my belt. Would have been the first Copa for Brazil since 2007 as well.

Weird things are major tournaments. Any plans to jump back into International Management?
    Perhaps, I'll take whatever the first interesting job that comes up after I've finished off the season with Santos is. Although that's unlikely to be an international one seeing as they all change hands in the summer usually.

International management is so much fun but only with small nations in my opinion.
    I've never particularly liked it personally. It's definitely something I want to check off this time, as I never won an international title on FM11, but I don't really relish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Or England if your me
    Well so long as you're having fun!

International Squad

First Scotland, now Brazil.

Reserves

So close...

Amateur

It's a shame you couldn't win the Copa with Brazil, but if the squad isn't good enough I guess there isn't much you can do about it. Keen to see where you go next though.

Youth Team

Season 19: Halfway House Update

In the Paulista league phase this time I decided to go a little bit more extensively in blooding the young players. As a result, we dropped more points than usual and ended up in 6th place. Not such a bad thing really, it seems to be far better to finish 3rd-6th in the league than 1st, 2nd, 7th or 8th due to the way the knockout rounds are drawn. The knockout rounds went very straightforwardly, smashing Portuguesa 5-0, Palmeiras 2-0, and beating Corinthians home and away in the final.

The Libertadores group stage went really well, as we recorded our best ever performance, winning all 6 games. Our reward for that should have been an easy second round match, which was good news as most of my stars had barely made 5 appearances by this stage of the season and were not anything like match fit. So of course we drew Boca, ranked 3rd in the entire tournament, who had somehow managed to finish with the worst record of the 2nd placed sides. An utter shambles of a traversty of an injustice if you ask me.

Boca added injury to insult, winning 2-0 in Buenos Aires to leave us with an uphill task in the home leg. Ultimately the players just weren't match fit enough to put in the sort of performance required and that was that, Boca completing the humiliation with an injury time kick in the family jewels as we poured forward in search of a goal. A really gutting way to have my last Libertadores campaign with Santos end, but what can you do.

The Brasileiro became all that was left to play for (the Recopa doesn't really count I don't think), and I set about trying to break the record points total again to give some prestige to my final season. We managed a 100% record until my stars went off to the Copa América, and we even kept winning after that, but game 13 was unlucky as Ceará inexplicably smashed us 3-0. Cruzeiro repeated the trick as an injury after all 3 subs had been used plus a dodgy penalty hamstrung us, but 13 wins from 15 isn't bad in my book.

The Good
    • Winning the Paulista
    • Top of the Brasileiro
    • With players coming back from the Copa América we should only get better
    The Bad
    • The Libertadores second round debacle
    • Slightly poor performance in the Paulista league phase
    • The 100% league record going in such irritating circumstances
    Results 1 - Results 2 - Paulista League Table/Knockout Rounds - Brasileiro Table - Copa Libertadores - Squad

Youth Team

First Scotland, now Brazil.
    You'll have to explain that one!

So close...
    Inexplicably close given the way we played!

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    It's a shame you couldn't win the Copa with Brazil, but if the squad isn't good enough I guess there isn't much you can do about it. Keen to see where you go next though.
    I really don't understand how there's so little Brazilian talent at peak age. Perhaps with the way the game balances things out, there'll be a big influx once the 33+ year olds have retired? I'm quite looking forward to my next move as well, whilst I've loved managing Santos I think it's definitely time for a new challenge.

Youth Team

Shame it's my penultimate, rather than final game in charge.

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 19 - 2031

Story of the Season:
    Campeonato Paulista Série A1 - 6th/Winners
    A modest league campaign was followed by devastating ruthlessness in the knockouts.

Campeonato Brasileirao da Série A - 1st
    Corinthians kept up with us for about 25 matches before falling apart, as we extended our record points total by another 2 to 103.

Copa Libertadores - Second Round (lost v Boca)
    I've gone over this in the midseason report, gutting.

Recopa Sudamericana - Winners
    Ultimate revenge over Boca was sweet. Shame it's in a slightly irrelevant competition.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £2m spent
    Moved on Barata, who never developed to the standard I had hoped, plus a couple of real Santos legends in Martinez and Nadal who were a little past their sell-by date, even for domestic competition. The only ins were a great couple of fullbacks in Welington and Farina who added a real depth of quality in those areas we hadn't had previously.

Finances
    Should be in good shape for years to come.

Tough list to choose this year as the entire squad were amazing.
    5. Ricardo - DC/DM/MC - Mr. Consistency ever since he joined the club. Almost never injured or unfit.
    4. Alessandro - DM/MLC/AMC - A bit of a breakthrough season for the young playmaker.
    3. Ismael Farina - D/WBR - Astonishingly good debut season from the Argentine wing-back - shame I didn't find him sooner.
    2. Xaropinho - AMR/ST - Really established himself as a key player with goals and assists on a remarkably consistent basis.
    1. Júnior - AML/ST - What a player. Destined to be a superstar - unless he does a Neymar and stays his entire career. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing, in my Santos biased view!

History:
    Code:
    | Season  | Team            | League/Competition    | Country      | Position | Notes                                                 |
    | 2031    | Santos          | Brasileirao           | Brazil       | 1st      | Brasileirao, Paulista, Recopa Sudamericana Winners    |
    | 2030    | Brazil          | Friendlies            | Brazil       | N/A      | Appointed in July, P5 W2 D2 L1                        |
    | 2031    | Brazil          | Copa América          | S. America   | R-Up     | Copa América Runners Up, Resigned in July             |
    Next Season:
    Shame to end with a disappointing continental performance, but domestically we were unstoppable, so at least that's a nice way to finish. I'm now a free agent until the next interesting-looking job comes up. I'm not ruling out anywhere at the moment, but Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Spain or France are strong possibilities.

Youth Team

Former Club Watch:

Weymouth F.C.:

The exile continues.

Code:
    2012/13*  Blue Square South       2nd       Playoff Semi-finalists
    2013/14*  Blue Square South       9th       I left in October (resigned)
    2014/15   Blue Square South       10th      -
    2015/16   Blue Square South       19th      -
    2016/17   Blue Square South       9th       FA Cup 2nd Round
    2017/18   Blue Square South       3rd       Playoff Winners
    2018/19   Blue Square Premier     21st      Relegated
    2019/20   Blue Square South       14th      -
    2020/21   Blue Square South       14th      -
    2021/22   Blue Square South       19th      -
    2022/23   Blue Square South       18th      -
    2023/24   Blue Square South       22nd      Relegated
    2024/25   N/A                     N/A       FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
    2025/26   N/A                     N/A       -
    2026/27   N/A                     N/A       FA Cup 3rd Round
    2027/28   N/A                     N/A       -
    2028/29   N/A                     N/A       -
    2029/30   N/A                     N/A       -
    2030/31   N/A                     N/A       FA Cup 1st Round

NB * indicates that I was in charge for at least part of the season.
    Darlington F.C.:

The unlikely upturn in fortunes continues!

Code:
    2013/14*  Blue Square Premier     14th      I joined in October
    2014/15*  Blue Square Premier     2nd       Playoff Winners
    2015/16*  League Two              18th      I left in January (resigned)
    2016/17   League Two              17th      JPT North Quarter Final
    2017/18   League Two              15th      FA Cup 3rd Round
    2018/19   League Two              3rd       Promoted
    2019/20   League One              22nd      Relegated, FA Cup 4th Round
    2020/21   League Two              20th      -
    2021/22   League Two              6th       FA Cup 4th Round, Playoff Semi-finalists
    2022/23   League Two              9th       JPT North Quarter Final
    2023/24   League Two              16th      JPT North Semi Final
    2024/25   League Two              11th      -
    2025/26   League Two              19th      -
    2026/27   League Two              19th      -
    2027/28   League Two              18th      -
    2028/29   League Two              20th      -
    2029/30   League Two              1st       League Two Winners
    2030/31   League One              12th      FA Cup 4th Round
    Southend United:

So close to some silverware, but ultimately it impacted their league form as they missed out on the playoffs.

Code:
    2015/16*  League One              21st      Relegated, I joined in March
    2016/17*  League Two              1st       League Two Winners
    2017/18*  League One              2nd       Promoted
    2018/19*  Championship            15th      I left in October (resigned)
    2019/20   Championship            20th      -
    2020/21   Championship            12th      FA Cup 5th Round
    2021/22   Championship            9th       -
    2022/23   Championship            15th      -
    2023/24   Championship            16th      FA Cup Semi Final
    2024/25   Championship            21st      -
    2025/26   Championship            19th      -
    2026/27   Championship            16th      League Cup Runners up
    2027/28   Championship            21st      -
    2028/29   Championship            22nd      Relegated
    2029/30   League One              3rd       Playoff Semi-finalists
    2031/31   League One              7th       FA Cup 4th Round, JPT Finalists
    Wigan Athletic:

Finally made it back up.

Code:
    2018/19*  Championship            4th       I joined in October, Playoff Winners
    2019/20*  Premier League          11th      I left in December (job offer)
    2020/21   Premier League          18th      League Cup Winners, Relegated
    2021/22   Championship            2nd       Promoted, League Cup Quarter-finalists
    2022/23   Premier League          17th      FA Cup 6th Round
    2023/24   Premier League          19th      Relegated
    2024/25   Championship            5th       Playoff Semi-finalists
    2025/26   Championship            4th       Playoff Winners, FA Cup 6th Round
    2026/27   Premier League          5th       FA Cup 6th Round, EL Qualification
    2027/28   Premier League          19th      League Cup Quarter-finalists
    2028/29   Championship            6th       FA Cup 5th Round, Playoff Semi-finalists
    2029/30   Championship            4th       Playoff Runners Up
    2030/31   Championship            2nd       Promoted
    Werder Bremen:

Enjoyed a season back in the Champions League group stages, but could not requalify this year.

Code:
    2019/20*  1. Bundesliga           8th       I joined in December, DFB-Pokal Winners
    2020/21*  1. Bundesliga           1st       B'liga, S'cup Winners; EL Semi-finalists
    2021/22*  1. Bundesliga           2nd       S'cup Winners; EL, DFB-P Semi-finalists
    2022/23*  1. Bundesliga           1st       B'liga, Champs League Winners
    2023/24   1. Bundesliga           2nd       CWC, DFB-Pokal Winners
    2024/25   1. Bundesliga           4th       Champs League, DFB-Pokal Semi-finalists
    2025/26   1. Bundesliga           4th       -
    2026/27   1. Bundesliga           3rd       DFB-Pokal Winners
    2027/28   1. Bundesliga           5th       Europa League Semi-finalists
    2028/29   1. Bundesliga           4th       Europa League QF, DFB-Pokal RU
    2029/30   1. Bundesliga           3rd       Europa League Quarter-finalists
    2030/31   1. Bundesliga           4th       -
    Arsenal:

Continue to go from strength to strength.

Code:
    2023/24*  Premier League          2nd       CL Semi-finalists, LC Runners up
    2024/25*  Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners, LC Runners Up
    2025/26*  Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL & CL Winners, FA Cup Semi-finalists
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL, CL, CWC & LC Winners, FA Cup Final
    2028/29   Premier League          3rd       League Cup Runners Up, Champ's Lg SF
    2029/30   Premier League          1st       Premier League Winners, Champ's Lg RU
    2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL & LC Winners, CL Runners Up

Youth Team

Semi Pro

Looks like a good season for all your former clubs (apart from Weymouth although they could have won promotion).

Youth Team

Looks like a good season for all your former clubs (apart from Weymouth although they could have won promotion).
    They didn't

Youth Team

The Milan job was available pretty much straight after I left Santos, which I applied for but didn't get. Then the Liverpool job was available, but I wasn't really interested in that because Liverpool disgust me (), but they hired in the Bayer Leverkusen manager. That was pretty tempting but I didn't think I could bring myself to manage anyone else in Germany than Werder or Dortmund so I left that too. Then a very interesting job was offered to me:

Off to Argentina I go to continue my South American adventure!

Youth Team

Name: Clube Atlético Vélez Sársfield
    Nickname: El Fortín (The Small Fort)
    Founded: 1910
    Stadium: José Amalfitani, 49,747 (20,640 seated) capacity

From Wikipedia:
    Club Atlético Vélez Sársfield is a sports club based in the Liniers neighborhood of western Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vélez is best known for its football team, that plays in the Argentine Primera División, the top level of the Argentine league system. Vélez has won the Argentine Primera División 8 times, and has also won 5 international cups (including both the Copa Libertadores and the Intercontinental Cup). The club's home stadium is the Estadio José Amalfitani, in the borough of Liniers. Both the club and its stadium are nicknamed el Fortín (in English: "the Small Fort"), while its fans are called Fortineros ("from the small fort").

Vélez was founded in 1910 in the Floresta neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, next to the formerly called "Vélez Sársfield" railroad station of the Western Railway. The club first participated in the Argentine league in the 1919 amateur championship (finishing runner-up), and was one of the 18 clubs that joined to form the Argentine professional league in 1931. Relegated only once (in 1941, returning to the top level in 1943), Vélez is a regular fixture of the Argentine Primera ever since and is positioned 5th in the all-time table of the league.

Vélez clinched their first title in the 1968 Nacional championship, and spent 25 years without silverware until 1993, when the team won the Clausura tournament. The 1990s were the most successful period in Vélez' history, as they won a total of 4 domestic titles and 5 international. These included both the 1994 Copa Libertadores, where they defeated defending champions São Paulo FC in the final, and the 1994 Intercontinental Cup, where they defeated A.C. Milan. Vélez Sársfield is also one of eight teams to have won CONMEBOL's treble.
    Since the start of the game Vélez have added a good few trophies to their already decent record. The 2022 Copa Libertadores was the peak, but they also have won the Copa Sudamericana three times, including doing the continental double in 2022. Domestically they have won four Aperturas and three Clausuras plus one Copa Argentina. Their most recent success was the 2031 Clausura title (played from February to June) but they finished the Apertura (August to December) fairly far off the pace in 6th place. The reason the job was available? Their previous manager, José Saturnino Cardozo, left to manage Santos.

Reserves

Shortish journey then, try and find a keeper with a mean free kick.

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 20 New Club Update - Vélez

Board Expectations:
    Primera Division Close - Win it (Predicted 2nd out of 20)
    Copa Argentina - Win it but not judging at present
    Copa Libertadores - Semi-final

My Expectations:
    Primera Division Close - If the squad gels to my tactics quickly then we should do ok, but I'd be surprised and a little disappointed to win it already
    Copa Argentina - It'd be nice to win but not too worried
    Copa Libertadores - So long as we don't go out to anyone worse than ourselves

Budgets:
    Transfer: £364,000 (£1,460,000 remaining)
    Wages: £217,499/week (£222,202/week currently)
    Balance:
    -£4,582,861 (first season at club)

Squad:
    The strikeforce is unbelievably good, however it's probably the only part of the team that is up to the same standard as what I've left behind at Santos. The financial difference shows starkly the reasons why, but I'll keep faith with my policy of youth development that served me so well in Brazil and hopefully we'll reap the same dividends over time. The defence lacks height and the midfield lacks guile.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence

Lionel Esteche - DRL - Probably the one non-striker who would make it into my Santos team.
    Claudio Dario Díaz - D/MC - Suffers from the same chronic lack of height as the rest of our defenders, but more than good enough on the deck to compensate. Unlike the others.

Midfield
    Diego Villavicencio
    - ML/ST - I'm retraining him to AML, as I expect he'll be a devastating inside forward.

Strikers
    Alan Esmerado
    - AMLC/ST - Relying on him to score the goals, I'd be surprised if he lets me down, he looks incredible.

Youth Team

Shortish journey then, try and find a keeper with a mean free kick.
    Haha I'd love a Chilavert successor!

Youth Team

A suitably insane way to start my time with the club! At 3-0 down I was wondering what on earth I'd got into, but the two goals before half-time gave us some confidence. I had my head in my hands when their fourth went in after we'd levelled it, but we equalised yet again and then finally took the lead which we managed to hold!

Reserves

Carrying on a fine tradition of madness I see.

Youth Team

Blimey, you've inherited some talented forwards there!

I thoroughly approve of your move to Argentina! Embrace the madness, it's great fun!

International Squad

You'll have to explain that one!
    Costa Rica's first major shock was when they beat Scotland at the 1990 World Cup when they were complete unknowns in the footballing world.

Youth Team

Carrying on a fine tradition of madness I see.
    Noone could accuse me of failing to understand the club...

Blimey, you've inherited some talented forwards there!

I thoroughly approve of your move to Argentina! Embrace the madness, it's great fun!
    Yeah they're quite something! Shame the rest of the players are fairly weak, but if I can hang on to them and build the rest of the squad then it should be exciting. I'm definitely having fun so far anyway!

Costa Rica's first major shock was when they beat Scotland at the 1990 World Cup when they were complete unknowns in the footballing world.
    Ahh yes! I was 2 years old at the time, so forgive me if my memory of that tournament isn't great.

Amateur

Just caught up with the thread, and what a career you had with Santos! Quite a legacy you built up!

Any plans to manage a national team again or will you concentrate on club football now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast