+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [FM12] Now You Do Not Punish Someone, English Or Otherwise, For Being Rubbish At FM...

Youth Team

Can you imagine the absolute torrent of "'e isn't even from round 'ere!!" bile in the press if Capello actually lost a game to San Marino? I don't think the FA would have to the bottle to not sack him, personally.

Yeah I think I probably should have stuck with Weymouth a couple more seasons, and at least got them back into the BSP, but I'm a young hungry manager with lofty goals ;)

Any thoughts for your own game yet?

Youth Team

I've been consistently linked to this job for a good year now, and am now being talked about as the favourite. Sounds like I might have a decision to make this summer!

Reserves

What are your thoughts now?

International Squad

Doing a lot better this season Snake.

England winning the World Cup and Canada reaching the Second Round.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    What are your thoughts now?
    AFC Wimbledon are a club that I like and one I'd like to manage, but I'm wary that they're probably at their level now so it'd be a case of overachieving to get any progress with them. Darlington arguably have more potential - if they filled their ground they'd be a Championship side. It'd also be nice to make a real lasting difference to a club's fortunes rather than just furthering my own career continuously - although I do have to think about that, given how wide-reaching my career goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Doing a lot better this season Snake.

England winning the World Cup and Canada reaching the Second Round.
    I know! I think my Tranmere supporting friend would be made up if Iain Hume ever really scored at a World Cup.

Youth Team

Still in contention for promotion, just need a strong second half of the season

Wrexham are having a stonker though, going to need them to slip up big time if you're going to get that automatic promotion place. I suppose the playoffs are more realistically achievable at this stage.

As for England winning the World Cup; they must hold the record for most World Cup won in the history of FM! I remember back in earlier FM's, they used to win every major tournament easily. The only problem was that I was convinced they would win everything in real life too. I've now come to terms with the fact, that the only World Cup England will win in my life time, will probably only be the ones on FM ;)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Still in contention for promotion, just need a strong second half of the season

Wrexham are having a stonker though, going to need them to slip up big time if you're going to get that automatic promotion place. I suppose the playoffs are more realistically achievable at this stage.

As for England winning the World Cup; they must hold the record for most World Cup won in the history of FM! I remember back in earlier FM's, they used to win every major tournament easily. The only problem was that I was convinced they would win everything in real life too. I've now come to terms with the fact, that the only World Cup England will win in my life time, will probably only be the ones on FM ;)
    Yeah Wrexham look like they'll take the title - they've been way out in front from about 15 games in, it'll be a blow-up from them as well as immaculate form from us or another of the sides around the playoffs to take it from them.

I don't know, I think England will always be one of the nations that has a chance. Especially with the more continental-style young players like Wilshere, Adam Johnson and Oxlade-Chamberlain I think we could potentially play a more possession based team game which seems to be the best way to play in international football (and indeed the way Capello wanted us to play before he discovered we lack the technique in too many players).

Semi Pro

Have been reading this while my own game processes tonight. A bit far yet from the heights of Messina in Fm11, but slowly getting there. I think you should stick to Darlington for a little longer and try to achieve something in the lower levels, at least one promotion. You may regret it later that you didn't fully prove yourself at the lower levels.

Youth Team

Bottom half of League Two? Meh.

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 3 - 2014/15

Story of the Season:
    Blue Square Premier - 2nd, Promoted via playoffs
    In the second half of the season we really kicked into gear, even overhauling a Wrexham side crippled by fixture congestion - they reached the finals of the Welsh Cup and FA Trophy - but eventually poor finishing in two must-win games meant we had to settle for second and the playoffs.

Telford were dispatched easily enough, 2-0 away resplendent in our horrible green kit, and a 1-1 at home which was a lucky result for them, which mean we met the conquerors of Newport County in the final, Macclesfield.

We triumphed 1-0 in a result that should have been secure much earlier in the match, in front of a half-empty Old Trafford. Darlington are heading back to the football league

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Man City)
    A great and well-deserved win over League Two Oxford in the second round set up a home tie with Man City in the third round. We gave a great account of ourselves, taking the lead and being just seconds from a lucrative replay, but Nasri, the only City player who actually turned up, broke our hearts.

FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Cambridge)
    I've lost every single fixture in this with Darlington.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Squad

Transfers -
    Broke even
    All frees and loans again. Best signing was definitely Bignall on loan, Kewell probably the worst simply because he was largely an irrelevance as an AML in a 4-3-1-2.

Finances
    Slightly better again - the tie with Man City helped.

5 Most Important Players:
    Rather than 5 most important players this season, this is the 5 players most likely to help next season not be this painful/dull/terrible.
    5. Brian Gray - AMC/ST - Really great option to have when plan A wasn't working.
    4. Matthew Urwin
    - GK - Very solid in goal.
    3. Krisztian Adorjan - M/AMC/ST - Not the non-league Zidane I was half-expecting but did a great job for us.
    2. Harry Davis - DC - The centre-half was imperious.
    1. Nicholas Bignall - ST - Infuriating as often as he was a match-winner, but we'd never have done it without him.

History:
    Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season  | Team            | League                | Country      | Position | Notes                                     |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2012/13 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Semi-finalists                    |
    | 2013/14 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 3rd      | Resigned in October                       |
    |    -    | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 14th     | 15th on arrival in October                |
    | 2014/15 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Winners                           |

Next Season:
    Assuming no really special offer comes in over the summer I'll be leading Darlington back into the Football League personally! We should have plenty to stay up given how we performed at times last season, and especially in that cup win over Oxford. The only slight concern is a large quantity of our squad - some key players included - were only at the club on loan. If we're to survive, we'll have to bring them back or replace them with equally good players.

Youth Team

Former Club Watch:

Weymouth F.C.:

Still have the manager who replaced me, former Millwall, Crystal Palace and Gillingham man Matt Lawrence, and he's helped establish them as a solid BSS side. Doesn't look like they're for promotion any time soon, though.

Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Notes                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13*  Blue Square South       2nd       Playoff semi-finalists
    2013/14*  Blue Square South       9th       I left in October
    2014/15   Blue Square South       10th      -

NB * indicates that I was in charge for at least part of the season.

Amateur

Congratulations on promotion Snake, any chance of going back-to-back? I can't imagine there being too much difference between BSP and BSS.

Amateur

Well done on promotion. From a personal point of view I'd love to see how far you can take Darlo, but that's not really the name of the game is it? I'd be pleasantly surprised if you were still there at the end of the season.

Youth Team

Well done promotion, you did really well to chase down Wrexham. You nearly caught them too

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Congratulations on promotion Snake, any chance of going back-to-back? I can't imagine there being too much difference between BSP and BSS.
    Thanks, but it's League Two time now!

Actually thinking about it, I've been promoted from the BSP to League Two twice ever whilst playing FM, and both times I then went on to achieve promotion to League One, so it's certainly not beyond me. Unless I can really tap into Adorjan's potential I doubt I have the individual talent to take automatic promotion, but a playoff place and a bit of luck could happen with the right signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizza View Post
    Well done on promotion. From a personal point of view I'd love to see how far you can take Darlo, but that's not really the name of the game is it? I'd be pleasantly surprised if you were still there at the end of the season.
    It's certainly my plan to see out at least the next season with Darlo, but you never know what's going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Well done promotion, you did really well to chase down Wrexham. You nearly caught them too
    The gutting thing is we did catch them, and were top with 3 games remaining! Unfortunately we then managed the two most one-sided 1-1 draws you could imagine, only recovering our composition in front of goal when it was all-but beyond us.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, if you look at our results there's an away 3-2 against FC Halifax 4 games from the end. That was the game we went top, and we came from 2-0 down to win it. I really thought we'd do it after that game. Really glad we didn't blow the playoffs, would have been such a demoralising end to a great season.
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 01-11-2011 at 20:55.

Amateur

Congratulations on the promotion - do you plan on staying now you've taken them to the football league?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk` View Post
    Congratulations on the promotion - do you plan on staying now you've taken them to the football league?
    Staying - read the thread ;)

That seals it - pay rise and another year on the contract. Tried to ask for £850 but Mr. Singh is a tight get.

Third Team

Congratulations with reaching the football league

Amateur

Have been on a FM-day so not much is sinking in from the real world

I left after getting to League two - although a team relegated from the Premiership (Burnley) took me on.

Youth Team

League Two to upper Championship is a hell of a leap! You must have really impressed them (or they had no money to sign somone proper ;)).

Amateur

Most likely the latter - I'd done well in my 3 seasons in BSP (2nd, 2nd and 1st) but not enough to jump up that far - but at least it gets my up the league ladder quick. Currently top so might be in the Prem soon!

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 4 Preview - Darlington F.C.

Board Expectations:
    League Two - Mid-table (minimum of Consolidate, Predicted 19th out of 24)
    FA Cup - Second Round
    League Cup - Learn from experience
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Learn from experience

My Expectations:
    League Two - Top half
    FA Cup - Third Round
    League Cup - Not bothered
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Have a crack at the latter stages

Budgets:
    Transfer: £0
    Wages: £17,728/week (£20,738/week currently)
    Balance: -£348,625 (+£263,978 compared to last season)

Squad:
    Pretty confident we'll hold our own, plenty of talent and enough grit to grind out results when talent fails.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence
    Matthew Urwin - GK - He's so much better than his backup that we're in serious trouble without him.

Midfield
    Lee Lucas - DM/MC - A solid base to the midfield.
    Krisztian Adorjan
    - AMC/ST - Perhaps a higher level will bring his quality out.

Strikers
    Joel Ambalu - ST - Whilst he didn't weigh in with many goals, his link-up play was crucial to our success last season.

Amateur

Good work with the promotion! Gradually clawing back the financial deficit too - did I miss how you've been managing to consistently make a profit?

Part-Timer

good job mate. keep it up

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by iseemonsters1 View Post
    Good work with the promotion! Gradually clawing back the financial deficit too - did I miss how you've been managing to consistently make a profit?
    The board keep putting it a bit of money each season which helps, but the main thing last season was the Man City game - that made us £510k on gate receipts, TV money and other matchday income. If we'd gotten the replay I felt we'd earned, we'd be about £500k in the black now

Part-Timer

Brilliant Snake and if its ok with you can i take some ideas from your goals in the starting post for my story?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    The board keep putting it a bit of money each season which helps, but the main thing last season was the Man City game - that made us £510k on gate receipts, TV money and other matchday income. If we'd gotten the replay I felt we'd earned, we'd be about £500k in the black now
    I think the finances will right themselves slowly but surely now.

Excellent work SnakeXe.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Brilliant Snake and if its ok with you can i take some ideas from your goals in the starting post for my story?
    Yep, go for it!

Cheers Nordan, hope you're right!

Amateur

Yep, go for it!

Cheers Nordan, hope you're right!
    I'm always right. well 50% of the time anyway!

Part-Timer

Thanks mate

Amateur

Have you seen a year on year increase in gates? I recall the ground being very difficult to fill, but the potential as they rise through the leagues makes them a very enviable proposition for any manager.

Youth Team

In my first season in charge it was around 1700, then last year it was 3100, but that figure is skewed by a capacity crowd against Man City and nearly 10k in the playoff semi-final. This year it's around 3100 steady, so I think generally there is an upward trend.

I doubt it'll ever get to the point where the ground is full week-in week-out unless we reach the Premier League, but the current budget seems sustainable on the gates we're getting.

Amateur

I'd be interested to know just how much of an effect fan days can have on the attendance over the course of the season. My season tickets have gone up from 3,000 to about 5,000 now over the last six years, but every fan day I've had I've managed to ruin by losing the matches. I'd impressed if anyone was ever able to get the Darlington stadium regularly seeing 20,000 crowds, but I'd imagine that would take decades.

Youth Team

Yeah I think the last fan day we had was a 3-0 loss against Newport last season! I think I've only had one positive fan day at either Darlo or Weymouth, the rest I either lost or won poorly.

Part-Timer

Gates are improving Snake and btw I used some of your aims in my story 'The Road to Continental Dominance'

Youth Team

I'll check it out!

Youth Team

Season 4: Halfway House Update

Another excellent start to the season saw us win 3 of our first 4 matches, the other being a rather unlucky defeat away to Plymouth. After a messy run of fixtures where I basically divebombed out of the JPT and League Cup as fast as possible, we then won 4 from 5 to get within 3 points of top spot.

However, we have not won another game to date.

The defence has fallen apart and my strikers have forgotten what the point of them being on the pitch is. Injuries and suspensions played their part, but even when we've gotten most of our players back we've still failed to win. Couple that with my chairman's absolute refusal to entertain the idea of scouting beyond the UK occasionally, and I'm considering jacking, for the club's sake as well as my own. Something needs to happen to arrest this slide.

The Good
    • The start
    • We're probably not far off enough points to survive already
    • I've signed a rather good right back who spends a lot of time on the treatment table but is awesome when not dead
    The Bad
    • The chairman
    • Awful defending as a team
    • Completely abject efforts to score goals

Results - League Table - Squad

Amateur

[SIZE=5]I'm considering jacking, for the club's sake as well as my own.
    It's job well done at Darlington anyway,I think the timing for leaving is good now.The chairman seems rather reluctant at the prospect of success.

I say get another job!

Reserves

Sounds like a good idea.

Youth Team

I see even the friendly win against Guernsey couldn't change your fortunes in the league! You really are in trouble then

I'd stick with it, one win in the league and you might turn the tables. You're not that far off the playoffs

Amateur

Great thread - so unlucky against City! Hope your luck changes soon but great job at Darlo

Youth Team

As we're coming up to the corresponding fixtures we did well in at the start of the season, and I traditionally seem to do much better in the second half of a season than the first, I'm gunna play through those and see if I can turn it around.

Youth Team

Well I thought I'd give it the next few games, but frankly if we couldn't even look like winning this one against bottom club AFC Wimbledon there's no point.

A coach followed me out, might try and find him a job wherever I rock up next.

Last edited by SnakeXe; 02-11-2011 at 22:09.

Amateur

Well I thought I'd give it the next few games, but franky if we couldn't even look like winning
    Who's Franky?

You made the right call,I'm predicting you will have to get another L2 team,or are you perhaps going elsewhere? KUTGW!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nordan View Post
    Who's Franky?

You made the right call,I'm predicting you will have to get another L2 team,or are you perhaps going elsewhere? KUTGW!
    Haha, another mistake well spotted!

This was an interesting offer:

A pay rise, and not too much work to do to keep them in Serie C1, but I don't like the look of the finances. Shame, I would have liked a return to Italy.

Amateur

I don't like the look of the finances.
    And I don't like the name! Spal sounds like a military food ration lol

Reserves

I don't either. Anyway the wage situation would be enough of a warning.

Youth Team

Again, wage bill above the budget and "insecure" finances are ringing alarm bells.

I might hold out to the summer to be honest, see which managers' contracts aren't renewed.

Semi Pro

Don't go! Really, don't

Youth Team

This is more like it!

23rd in League One, but not cut off, which means at best survival and League One football next season, at worst relegation and big fish in the League Two pond!

I have to feel a little smug now:

And he was as good as his word:

An unsuccessful negotiation up to £1k per week notwithstanding, Roots Hall here we come!

Youth Team

Name: Southend United
    Nickname: The Shrimpers, The Seasiders, The Blues
    Founded: 1906
    Stadium: Roots Hall, 12,163 (all-seater) capacity

From Wikipedia:
    Southend United Football Club is an English football club based at Roots Hall Stadium, Prittlewell, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, who currently play in League Two of the English Football League. Their home ground is Roots Hall, and the club plans to move into a new 22,000-seater stadium located at Fossetts Farm in the future.
    Southend should be a good club to take my career up to the next level. They were promoted to League One the season before this, but clearly haven't gotten to grips with the new level and look like they'll probably head straight back down. If I can keep them up, great, if not then I'm not too bothered as I can rebuild and make a good attempt at coming straight back, hopefully!

Reserves

Could do pretty well.

Third Team

Good luck at Southend

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 4 New Club Update - Southend United

Board Expectations:
    League One - Learn from the experience (but not judging at the moment, Predicted 18th out of 24, 24th place on arrival)
    FA Cup - Already Out
    League Cup - Already Out
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Already Out

My Expectations:
    League One - Show some fight, get at least some points

Budgets:
    Transfer: £0
    Wages: £29,868/week (£30,975/week currently)
    Balance: -£656,320

Squad:
    Poor, and in a foul mood. Just what I expected.

Key Men:
    Goalkeeper/Defence
    Lee Nicholls - GK - Our best player, we need him fit soon.
    Matthew Wilkinson - DC - His pace may allow us to play a high defensive line.

Midfield
    Luke Rooney
    - M/AMRLC/ST - Our best outfield player, hopefully I can get more out of him than the previous manager.

Strikers
    Tony Garrod
    - AMR/ST - I hope to hell he can hit the target occasionally.

Amateur

Good choice of club,and realistic too.
    10 games to go,4 points off last safe place? Gonna be hard as I imagine the first few games might not go so well,but we (Franky and me) believe in you!

Amateur

It's definitely going to be a challenge to stay up, but as you say - worst case scenario is that you'll be a big fish in the League Two pond. Not wishing to condemn you to relegation already - but if you were to go down, do you have a sense whether the squad could bounce back, or do you think it needs some serious rebuilding?

Amateur

It's a shame things didn't work out with Darlington, but at least you've gone upwards again job-wise Hopefully you can make a great escape but as you said being the big fish in League Two wouldn't be the end of the world. Quick question about finances though, how did you stop Darlington losing money? I've got the lowest wage expenditure in the league, attendances and season tickets up 20%, and I still lose 70k on a good month

Amateur

Darlington and now Southend!? You really like your "ahem" picturesque seaside locations eh?

Part-Timer

Good luck with Southend buddy

Semi Pro

Brave there to go straight into a club with serious chance of getting relegated - not sure whether you're not falling into a trap that could plummet your reputation. But I can understand the move, it's a step up, particularly if you're planning to stick to Southend for a little while.

You have to bring Freddy Eastwood back surely

First Team Squad Member

Nice move SnakeXe. Looking forward to seeing how you get on at Roots Hall.

And, yeah, bring Freddy Eastwood back.

Youth Team

Thanks for the wishes of good luck - I think we'll need it!

I'd love to bring Freddy Eastwood back, he'd be 32 or 33 by now but I bet he's still better than Tony Garrod!

Off to see the fireworks tonight, so probably won't get round to being the messiah or (far more likely) deciding who not to sacrifice to the gods of the wagebill til tomorrow or the weekend.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    It's a shame things didn't work out with Darlington, but at least you've gone upwards again job-wise Hopefully you can make a great escape but as you said being the big fish in League Two wouldn't be the end of the world. Quick question about finances though, how did you stop Darlington losing money? I've got the lowest wage expenditure in the league, attendances and season tickets up 20%, and I still lose 70k on a good month
    Take a look at your appearance fees/goal bonuses and make sure they're not too excessive. Though the best tonic is of course having your board put money in, and get an FA Cup tie against a Premier League side. I was quite lucky in that respect with Darlington, I think we'd probably have seen administration if neither of those things had happened.

Amateur

Off to see the fireworks tonight, so probably won't get round to being Messiah.
    Better be some damn important fireworks! National holiday or something?

International Squad

I would have said well done on going up... but then you quit!

Youth Team

The missus' work was putting on a display for Bonfire Night, so I got dragged along. Home earlier than expected, so that means one thing and one thing only...

And then some FM after that ;)

I know Nobby, I should probably have stayed to finish the job. To be honest if the chairman had met me halfway I'd have stayed. He refused every request I made in 2 years, though.

Youth Team

Another nice little step up the ladder

Do you have a Houdini act in your back pocket? You might need to use it, by the looks of things!

Amateur

Home earlier than expected, so that means one thing and one thing only...

And then some FM after that ;)
    Fireworks AND s.e.x?? :mad: You better post end of season report soon or else... Best regards your chairman!

Reserves

Very brave position to put yourself in.

Youth Team

Now THAT is what the doctor ordered!

Confidence-restoring team meeting, simple tactics, watching the match in full to guide them through it and tweak when necessary. Game on.

Youth Team

Okay what the heck was the previous guy doing?!

Oldham are 4th. We absolutely beasted them.

Part-Timer

Good start mate KUTGW

Amateur

Okay what the heck was the previous guy doing?!
    Now now,don't sell yourself short.

Youth Team

Colchester are 6th.

We're out. For now.

Amateur

Stay green,stay in the woods,stay safe!

Youth Team

Coventry are third and with just one day's gap between that and the Colchester game I had to make some changes to a knackered 11.

We were under the cosh for long periods, but could have taken something. I think we would have with a full-strength 11. Disappointing. Back into the abyss, but just one point away from safety.

Amateur

Coventry are third and with just one day's gap between that and the Colchester game I had to make some changes to a knackered 11.
    I normally just give up a game,rest the best players and go all in where I have the best chance to win....doesn't always work tho

Youth Team

Sorry to end on a cliffhanger, but I'm off to bed. Tune in next time, for more attempted-relegation-avoiding japes!

Third Team

Nice to see you stay in England for a bit longer and hope you manage to win your relegation battle.

Can't say I'm too impressed with what you were offered by Dag + Red...I only get £12k p/w for wages

Solid start in all though Snake

Amateur
    2013 Confederations Cup Prediction League Champion \o/

Great start to your time at Southend, can't wait to see how the season wraps up!

Loved your Messina career, and this is looking just as good. KUTGW!

Youth Team

Thanks all

Now this was probably the second most imporant win so far, after that first one.

Northampton were just above us in the table - a true 6-pointer. Also showing mental strength in recovering from that setback against Coventry.

Youth Team

Opportunity missed - to be fair to them Rotherham defended outstandingly well - and fairly, as opposed to Northampton who just tried to kick us into submission.

Part-Timer

Just caught up with all of this, enjoyed it so far dude, some nice performances, would like to see you settle at one club for a number of years - could it be Southend? BTW I saw you on the bus the other day up to Uni & tried to say hi but you ignored me :P

Youth Team

Oh sorry man! I've been ill recently so probably off in my own world

Youth Team

So, so, so frustrating. They went 2-0 up, we brought it back to 2-2 and were thoroughly outplaying them, until they injured my AML who had been tearing them to shreds, then a defensive error gave them their only CCC of the match (compared to our 5) and they won it.

We're in the relegation zone on goals scored at the moment, just below Northampton.

Youth Team

Lost the next game 1-0 at home to Exeter, Garrod hit the post from 3 yards in the 89th minute.

2 points adrift with 2 to play - against Swindon (4th) away and Tranmere (7th) at home. I think we're done.

Reserves

Looks tough, but it can be done.

Amateur

Lost the next game 1-0 at home to Exeter, Garrod hit the post from 3 yards in the 89th minute.

2 points adrift with 2 to play - against Swindon (4th) away and Tranmere (7th) at home. I think we're done.
    I've seen bigger miracles on FM,you can do this.

Btw when is the new stadium ready?

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Career - Season 4 - 2015/16

Story of the Season:
    League One - 21st (24th on arrival), Relegated
    Well with 2 games left it didn't look good, 2 points off safety with 2 difficult games coming up. The first, against Swindon, was the toughest as it was away from home, and we duly lost 3-1. Luckily everyone around us lost as well, so we still had a shot at survival going into the final day showdown with Tranmere.

We kept up our end of the bargain, battling to an amazing 1-0 win to not only give ourselves a chance of staying up, but also deny the Lilywhites a playoff spot.

Unfortunately, Brentford weren't as reliable, losing 3-1 to Northampton, meaning we were down by a point.

FA Cup - N/A

League Cup - N/A

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - N/A

Results - Squad

Transfers -
    Broke even
    None of them were mine.

Finances
    In deeper poo than when I arrived. May have misjudged this "find a financially stable club" deal.

5 Most Important Players:
    Rather than 5 most important players this season, this is the 5 players most likely to help us back up next season.
    5. Luke Young - M/AMRC - A creative presence in midfield.
    4. Louis Rowley
    - DL - Impressive fullback.
    3. Oscar Chadney - D/WBRL - The other half of a great pair of fullbacks - invaluable.
    2. Luke Rooney - M/AMRLC/ST - Skillful and quick, should be unstoppable in League Two.
    1. Charlie Nunn - AML - His injury in the gutting 3-2 defeat to Doncaster may have been the single moment where survival edged beyond our grasp. He had their fullback on a plate and was getting ready to finish off the last morcel. That would have been 3 points for us, and probably more in the following two that we lost as well. He got 6 assists in the 6 games he played under me this season.

History:
    Code:
    | Season  | Team            | League                | Country      | Position | Notes                                     |
    | 2012/13 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Semi-finalists                    |
    | 2013/14 | Weymouth        | Blue Square South     | England      | 3rd      | Resigned in October                       |
    |    -    | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 14th     | 15th on arrival in October                |
    | 2014/15 | Darlington      | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 2nd      | Playoff Winners                           |
    | 2015/16 | Darlington      | League Two            | England      | 16th     | Resigned in January                       |
    |    -    | Southend United | League One            | England      | 21st     | Relegated, 24th on arrival in March       |

Next Season:
    So close, yet so far. Honestly, I thought 5 wins from the 10 games I was in charge for would be more than enough to stay up, but the teams around us were just about good enough to stop us overhauling them.

We have to aim for the title next year. I intend to keep my squad in tact where possible, they've shown in the run in that they've got the right sort of attitude and no little skill.
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 10-11-2011 at 09:34.

Youth Team

Former Club Watch:

Weymouth F.C.:

Nearly relegated this season, still have the manager who replaced me, but most of my players are gone.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13*  Blue Square South       2nd       Playoff semi-finalists
    2013/14*  Blue Square South       9th       I left in October
    2014/15   Blue Square South       10th      -
    2015/16   Blue Square South       19th      -

NB * indicates that I was in charge for at least part of the season.
    Darlington F.C.:

The new manager, former Kidderminster boss Gary Phillips, managed to keep them in League Two successfully. As expected, results picked up quickly after I left. He did finish poorly, however, so hopefully he'll strengthen for the coming season.

Code:
    2013/14*  Blue Square Premier     14th      I joined in October
    2014/15*  Blue Square Premier     2nd       Playoff Winners
    2015/16*  League Two              18th      I left in January

Amateur

Unlucky, but from the looks of things you have enough to go straight back up

Amateur

unlucky failing to avoid relegation

Part-Timer

smash the quakers once u get back up

Reserves

Should have another crack after promotion.

Amateur

So close, yet so far. Honestly, I thought 5 wins from the 10 games I was in charge for would be more than enough to stay up
    Probably would have made it with 4-5 more games.

Have you moved into Fossett Farm?

Bought my season ticket and look forward to follow the rise of the shrimps.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    smash the quakers once u get back up
    Pretty sure they're both in League 2 now.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nordan View Post
    Pretty sure they're both in League 2 now.
    yeh thats what i meant. Shh its 2am :P

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by deadfncat View Post
    yeh thats what i meant. Shh its 2am :P
    Oh you meant after he gets up in the morning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast