+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam Problems

Amateur

Default Steam Problems

I tried to buy Football Manager 2012 and when I clicked to checkout it just said "Working..." on the button for ages, I was going to pay with PayPal but it didn't take me to a PayPal page either. The game appears in my library but says I cant play it cause I haven't purchased it and it says purchase pending??? There is nothing that lets me try to process the ppayment again and it just tells me its waiting.

Semi Pro

contact steam support thats an issue only they can help
    https://support.steampowered.com/

Amateur

did you use chrome? I had similar problems aso went to IE and the payment went through. Another balls up somewhere meant that I have paid but still cant download the game tho...

Amateur

I had the same problem. Tried to purchase using steam store, it rejected both paypal/visa now the game is on the library, but cant play/install it as the payments been rejected. I went ahead and purchased fine using the SEGA checkout on footballmanager.com and got the cd key, but now when i try to enter on steam, it says game already purchased but pending transaction on steam... great still no reply from stream support!

Amateur

You'll have to contact Steam Support, it's nothing SI can specifically help you with.

Semi Pro

Steam has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Has anyone had this, when going into STEAM and wanting to "play game" it crashes hence the above message etc?
    Re-booted, re-installed and still the same since this morning.

Really am worried

Semi Pro

Andyh21 exit steam go to steam folder and delete the clientregistry,blob file and start steam again

Quote Originally Posted by Aim_Less View Post
    Andyh21 exit steam go to steam folder and delete the clientregistry,blob file and start steam again
    This is a common problem and I can say I have had to do this with Steam in the past, fixes the bugger though

Amateur

hallo everybody,

fm2012 won't start anymore.

it's saying try again later.

and it's saying that all day.

i am getting very sick of steam.

don't understand si games work's with this amateur platform.

can somebody help?

Amateur

and don't send me to steam community because that's all very complicating english and i am dutch

Amateur

Same thing here. No active downloads. Cache verified several times (0-100 in an instant). Steam restarted several times. Game does not start, nothing happens (but editor yes). And the most ridiculous: I can´t quit steam, because it says: wait for FM to shudown.

Very good idea to go to steam, SI. Very good.

PS: I am on a Mac.

Part-Timer

A regular occurance for me:

PLEASE DON'T FORCE US TO USE THIS CRAP 3RD PARTY PROGRAMME.

Amateur

If it helps, on my updates folder, I only have 1202, no 1203. And Steam is not downloading anything. Just great.

Lurker

Same thing for me, Ricardo. I've noticed that several others that also use Mac are having this same problem. Anyone got a clue what else could be done to fix it?

Amateur

me too. i get the same message now. must have something to do with the new patch?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Robioto View Post

have ths problem. How do we fix it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by maggam View Post
    Same thing for me, Ricardo. I've noticed that several others that also use Mac are having this same problem. Anyone got a clue what else could be done to fix it?
    The default answer from everyone, including SI, seems to be: verify the cache. Which doesn´t work.

I am just glad to see that it is not only me, which means that it has to be fixed. I guess I will go do something else now.

But, again, I just wanted to reiterate: excellent idea on forcing us to use an online-3rd party-mandatory-registration software, SI, excellent idea.

It is not my fault that are a lot of people cracking your game.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

What seemed to happen to me was that verifying cache d/l'd 45Mb update, I closed Steam after that, verified cache again and it d/l'd a 61Mb update, then pressed play and it updated the game and loaded.

Obviously the first pass doesn't aquire the whole update, don't know who to blame but somebody got it wrong because no Steam game update ever did that to me before.

Amateur

Was having the same issue a moment ago. Verified cache & said all was ok. Closed Steam completely. Restarted Steam. Verified cache again & it downloaded the update & is now running.

Amateur

I'm having exactly the same issues here, verified cache umpteen times now, totally exasperated. I'm on a Mac too. Even tried to delete and reinstall via the DVD but Steam servers too busy. Never wanted Steam, would never have used it before, but to play the game I love this year, forced to.

17 years of playing CM/FM - have been enjoying this version thoroughly after solving the initial graphics issue. Patience now wearing thin.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Robioto View Post

A regular problem, but you've still managed to get in 93 hours in 2 weeks. That's pretty good going for such a rregular problem if you ask me.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    What seemed to happen to me was that verifying cache d/l'd 45Mb update, I closed Steam after that, verified cache again and it d/l'd a 61Mb update, then pressed play and it updated the game and loaded.

Obviously the first pass doesn't aquire the whole update, don't know who to blame but somebody got it wrong because no Steam game update ever did that to me before.
    Not even before you became a reformed Steam hater?

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    Not even before you became a reformed Steam hater?
    Nah, updates came on floppies in those days

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    Nah, updates came on floppies in those days
    Don't you mean paper tape

+ Reply to Thread