League Standings | Championship Standings | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 | Past Positions
- A solid season in which we nearly threw the title away, but managed to win the last few games when it mattered.
UEFA Champions League
- we did well in our Group, finishing 2nd
behind Real Madrid. We did a really good job getting past Arsenal and Barca but we couldn't defeat PSG over 2 legs and got eliminated at the Semi-Final.
- We won the Super Cup against Besiktas, 3-2
- We finally won the Turkish Cup again, easily winning 3-0
, and not giving up a goal the entire competition.
- All were depth signings, and they performed as I expected them to.
- He did well in the games he played, and did what was expected of him
- he has his faults, but he blended into the squad well and contributed when he played
- he become the new starting 'keeper at the club (partly because he's Turkish) and for the most part he played very well. He did have some bad games however.
Squad 1 Squad 2
- A good squad that will get better as the nucleus gets older and has more match experience at a high level.
GK - Sadettin Kapucu
| Fernando Muslera
DR - Chris Reese
DC - Kemal Tokak
DC - Serdar Aziz
DL - Alin Voicu
| Emilio Izaguirre
MR - Jiloan Hamad
MC - Alper Potuk
| Jem Karacan
MC - Nikola Loncar
| Rodney Strasser
ML - Magaye Gueye
| Yasin Yildiz
ST - Sultan Demir
ST - Vasile Gavrila
| Daniel Raboczki
Cim Bom's Top Prospects:
1. Samet Eker
- he's the closest of the prospects to getting a serious look on the matchday squad. If all goes well after one year at Kartalspor and getting consistent first team football, he can contribute to the senior team.
2. Ramazan Gultekin
- He's not ready now, but perhaps another season of 1st team football with Kartalspor will get him closer.
3. Ali Apaydin
- I will be happy if he becomes a squad player for GS. He improved while at Kartalspor and another season there would help him because he's not going to play much with the senior squad
4. Onur Comak
- has decent attributes but not sure if he'll become a GS squad player.
5. Huseyin Yagmur
- would be higher if he wasn't injured so much. One decent injury away from being labelled 'injury prone' and not having his contract renewed.
- Our 3 headed monster (Demir, Gavrila, and Raboczki) deserve this honour for their performances this past season. Demir was 1 assist away from joining the 20/20 club.
Worst Game Ever
- Besiktas 6-0 Galatasaray
- terrible effort all around. Not sure what happened. And losing to a close rival was very disappointing.
Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations
- I rejected Man Utd
again, although this time it was because the Glazers are asking me to take a $600k paycut. I thought long and hard, but I still said no. I don't want to manage there. Unfortunately, the one job I wanted that had an opening at the end of the season (Stuttgart), the board hired the now former manager of Bursaspor.
- it's unlikely I will renew my contract after 2023 unless we can win Champions League before then (or make the Final). The one job I would apply for is Barca. If Guardiola becomes the next manager of Spain after the end of the Euro 2020, I will apply for the Barca job. It's one job I've always wanted but never had the chance in a career game.
1. Turkish right back
2. Turkish right midfielder
3. A left midfielder who might be better than Gueye
Year Team Country League Position Notes and Info Attendance
2011 EC Santo André Brazil Série C 1st Promotion 2,599
2012 EC Santo André Brazil Série B 3rd Promotion 3,228
2013 EC Santo André Brazil Série A 15th N/A 5,437
2014 EC Santo André Brazil Série A N/A N/A -----
2014 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 17,930
2015 DC United USA MLS 2nd US Open Cup Winners 20,342
2016 DC United USA MLS N/A CONCACAF CL Winners ------
2016-2017 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Double + EL Finalists 45,556
2017-2018 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 47,602
2018-2019 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Title 48,775
2019-2020 Galatasaray Turkey Super Lig 1st Domestic Double 49,221