The Hitch hiker's guide to FM12

B.W.G

Welcome to the Hitch hiker's guide to FM12.In this I will be looking to push my laptop to it's limit with my setup which is as follows:

Africa    -  South Africa - 1st Division                             Database     :Medium
                                                                    Players      :125,000
Asia      -  Australia    - A-League                                 Manager's Rep:Sunday League Footballer
            China        - 1st Division                             Updates      :Pre-Season,Mid-Season,End of Season
            Hong Kong    - 1st Division                            
            India        - National Football League
            Indonesia    - 1st Division
            S.Korea      - N-League

N.America -  Mexico       - Promotion League
            U.S.A        - MLS

S.America -  Argentina    - 2nd Division
            Brazil       - 3rd Division
            Chile        - 1st Division B
            Peru         - Premier Division
            Uruguay      - 2nd Division

Europe    -  Austria      - 1st Division
            Belgium      - 3rd Division
            Croatia      - 2nd Division
            Czech Rep    - 2nd Division
            Denmark      - 2nd Division
            England      - BSN/BSS
            France       - National
            Germany      - 3rd Division
            Holland      - Jupiler League
            Iceland      - 1st Division
            Ireland      - 1st Division
            Italy        - Serie C2
            N.Ireland    - 2nd Division
            Norway       - 2nd Division
            Portugal     - 2nd Division
            Romania      - 2nd Division
            Russia       - 1st Division
            Scotland     - 3rd Division
            Slovakia     - 2nd Division
            Spain        - 2nd Division B
            Sweden       - 2nd Division
            Switzerland  - Challenge League
            Wales        - Welsh Prem

Once again it will be a journeyman career, I will be starting off as a manager with Sunday League experience to make sure I have to work my way up the ranks.I will remove some leagues if it does become too much to handle.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season Updates

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7210743&viewfull=1#post7210743"][color="#0000FF"]2011/12[/color][/url] - Persepam    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7226746&viewfull=1#post7226746"][color="#0000FF"]2012/13[/color][/url] - Persepam    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7249599&viewfull=1#post7249599"][color="#0000FF"]2013/14[/color][/url] - Dag + Red   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7275628&viewfull=1#post7275628"][color="#0000FF"]2014/15[/color][/url] - Dag + Red    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7295746&viewfull=1#post7295746"][color="#0000FF"]2015/16[/color][/url] - Dag + Red    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7314690&viewfull=1#post7314690"][color="#0000FF"]2016/17[/color][/url] - Dag + Red    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7335361&viewfull=1#post7335361"][color="#0000FF"]2017/18[/color][/url] - RB Leipzig 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7363210&viewfull=1#post7363210"][color="#0000FF"]2018/19[/color][/url] - RB Leipzig   
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7388312&viewfull=1#post7388312"][color="#0000FF"]2019/20[/color][/url] - RB Leipzig
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7444217&viewfull=1#post7444217"][color="#0000FF"]2020/21[/color][/url] - RB Leipzig
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7470126&viewfull=1#post7470126"][color="#0000FF"]2021/22[/color][/url] - RB Leipzig
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7498670&viewfull=1#post7498670"][color="#0000FF"]2022[/color][/url]    - Sao Paulo
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7527305&viewfull=1#post7527305"][color="#0000FF"]2023[/color][/url]    - Sao Paulo
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7553779&viewfull=1#post7553779"][color="#0000FF"]2024[/color][/url]    - Colorado Rapids
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279264-The-Hitch-hiker-s-guide-to-FM12?p=7578450&viewfull=1#post7578450"][color="#0000FF"]2025[/color][/url]    - Colorado Rapids

Goals

Goals during the career saved based on Level 1 (easiest) to level 3 (difficult)

Level 1 - No rules or restrictions

Win the European Champions League with an English Club

Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the bigger European nations

Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the smaller European nations

Win the Asian Champions League

Win the African Champions League

Win the Copa Libertadores - Achieved with Sao Paulo - 2023

Win the CONCACAF Champions League - Achieved with Colorado Rapids - 2026

Level 2 - Starting in the lowest playable league of the Country

Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the bigger European nations - Achieved with RB Leipzig - 2021/22

Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the smaller European nations

Win the Copa Libertadores

Win the CONCACAF Champions League

Level 3 - Using youth players only

Win the European Champions League with a club from one of the bigger European nations

Win the Copa Libertadores

Win the CONCACAF Champions League

Other goals

Top the Hall of Fame

Have a stadium in each playable continent (excluding Oceania for obvious reasons!) named after me.

All goals will be done with different teams and if I complete a higher level goal first,it will be for that level only and not a lower level goal as well.

The first offer I received was from Persepam Indonesian Premier Division (Tier 2).

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/DaiRyderNews_Inbox.png[/img]"]DaiRyderNews_Inbox.png

Like the hitch hiker I am,I decided to take it up.....off to Indonesia I go......even if they do only have one player at the moment,a goalkeeper!!!

Thanks Guys :D

Azeryk` - with regards to adding/removing...I had that many loaded to see where I could get a job first as well as I actually forgot about it but I'll keep it loaded as I like the background detail :lol:

Persepam Pamekasan - Indonesian Premier Division - 2011/12 - Pre-Season

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0 (£0 Remaining)

Wage Budget - £5,500 p/w (Currently spending £3,115 p/w)

Pre-Season Transfers Part 1 - Pre-Season Transfers Part 2 - Had no choice but to sign a lot of players as when I arrived,we had 1 player who was a goalkeeper.I signed 25 players which has now given us a squad of 26 with some more to come in the net transfer window which should give us a healthy balance of youth,peak and experience which will be necessary if we are to survive the new season.

Expectations

Premier Division - Stay Clear of Relegation - My expectation is to avoid relegation even if it means 9th!

Indonesian Cup - Be competitive - Not to get embarrassed

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures.png[/img]"]PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures.png

Key Players

Anis Syah - GK - New Keeper signed as a free who walks into the team as the number one keeper.I am hoping his experience will help us at this level as he is rated at 3* which is a good player at this level.From what I have seen during the late part of pre-season,he will be able to do a very decent job for us.

Dedi Sutrisno - DL/DC - A versatile defender who will start as a left back with us unless their is an injury crisis.Was one of the first to join the club as he signed at the end of July,a solid defender in both positions which will help in the future as I am sure there will be injuries and suspensions coming my way!

Alex Cabrera - AMC/MC - He is quite a coup for us and a older head so will be looking for him to provide valuable experience.He will be played in his favoured AMC role but he is also able to play at MC so he can drop back if need be.Was recommended by my assistant manager when I took over so least I know he can spot a decent talent.

Sebastian Balbi - ST - My main striker has I am playing with a formation of one up front in a 4-2-3-1!I am hoping for round 10 goals off him this season as I expect my midfield to give him a lot of support.He is rated at 4* but his backup is also 4* so the lone striker position is actually quite strong with regard to talent.

Pre-Season Overview

Pre-Season was a very tough battle,not only did I we only have one player but finding the right tactics was annoying as well.But after a long slog through July,August and September,we are now settled on tactics as well as having a team which actually resembles a football team.I think we just edged pre-season with 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses even if I didn't beat my own u21 side!

With regards to expectations,I didn't realise they had just been promoted in real life which probably explains why other Indonesian Premiership sides laughed my interest off whereas the Division 1 sides couldn't pay the compensation to release me from my contract.With this,I am expecting a very hard battle this season so I will be looking for 9th place,if pre-season was anything to go by then I am not going to hold my breath,all I can say is that this is going to be a bumpy ride!

It is weird to see an improvement that quickly but as I promised to myself.....I won't be using a 4-2-4 to bail me out this time :lol:

My tactic this time will be along the lines of this:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/PersepamPamekasanTactics_Overview-2.png[/img]"]PersepamPamekasanTactics_Overview-2.png

Only played 1 game so far which we won 4-1,we were outshot 12-8 but were equal with 4 apiece when it came to being on target!

Persepam Pamekasan - Indonesian Premier Division - 2011/12 - Mid-Season

Competitions

Indonesian Premier Division

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures-1.png[/img]"]PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/IndonesianPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png[/img]"]IndonesianPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Indonesian Cup

Knocked out in first round with a 5-4 aggregate defeat courtesy of a 94th minute penalty in the 2nd leg against PSIM who play in group A of the Premier Division.

Mid-Season Overview

Other then the cup defeat which earned me a touchline ban,we have done very well and are challenging for the 2nd spot which will see us go into the next phase.Although if you take first out then there is not much difference in the league,as of late we have been fairly inconsistent which needs to be sorted after our brilliant run at the start of the season.My only problems are that my contract runs out in 2012 and the fans constantly whining when we don't win.Hopefully I will get a new contract at the end of the season seeing as we are exceeding the media's expectations of 12th place!

I hope so,in the summer transfer window,I can improve the weakest areas which is midfield and right back then I should have a very solid squad to challenge in the future.

I won't be signing anyone else as it may disrupt the team too much for my liking.

Not bad B.W.G you're doing well in Indonesia. And who knows maybe at the end you can get promoted. :)

IIRC if things haven't changed from FM11 you have to either finish top 2 in each group or have the top two points if you didn't finish top 2. Second Phase there's 2 groups of 4 and you have to finish top 2 to get promoted to the Super League.

AK22 - Thanks,all I can say is so far so good :D

rancer890 - I hope so.All I know is that the best two teams qualify for the next phase so I am guessing it's top 2 for certain as that's what the rules said but if top 2 points is included then I should be ok although my group seems to be low points total compared to the rest.

Also to note,I saw a manager sacked due to poor finances which does have me worried seeing as my contract is up and they refused to open up contract talks with me :mad:

Biscotti - My 2 centre mids are not too bad but my AMC is class but midfield is an area which I need to work on in the summer window.If I can improve that then we should be challenging.

deltablue - Unfortunately,with two games we sit in 3rd but our top two qualification is sorted.So if what rancer says is true then I will keep at it as for the top 2 points for those who finish third go onto next phase.Out of the three groups,points for third place are as follows.....33,35 and 34.....we are in group C so we are on 34.One advantage is that our last two games are at home so I'm hoping we an pull it off!

I know what you mean,South American structures seem like a walk in the park compared to this :lol:

In the 2nd phase,we will play 3 games.In our group,we have Persih (Topped Group C!),Persik (Topped Group B!) and Persema (Topped Group A!).My chances......not too good....It wasn't possible to get a harder group!

I know what you mean,South American structures seem like a walk in the park compared to this :lol:

In the 2nd phase,we will play 3 games.In our group,we have Persih (Topped Group C!),Persik (Topped Group B!) and Persema (Topped Group A!).My chances......not too good....It wasn't possible to get a harder group!

Haha, to me it was quite the opposite! :D

Good luck in Phase 2 mate!

Going to keep it short and sweet....we got promotion to the Super League,we topped the group but lost the Grand Final...it's a pain we lost it but we got the promotion which is brilliant :D

I'll do a full end of season update sometime Monday :D

Grats on the successful season to kickstart the campaign. Not taking long to adjust to the new game, heh?

I'd never manage in Indonesia just because of the nightmare that are the team names. :D Everyone starts with "Pers". :D

rancer890 - Thanks :thup: I had a look and can see I can have up to five foreigners which is handy and a useful improvement,I will be looking at the wings to bring them in on as they are weaker areas.I think I will be fighting relegation most of the season!

cerud - Thanks :) Wasn't bad was it but I think I made a mistake and may have to build the squad from near enough scratch.With most of my team,I only offered one year deal and this has come back to bite me in the ass as other teams are snapping them up!

noikeee Thanks.I know what you mean,in the Indonesian Premeir League,I counted 20 teams out of 36 beginning with "Pers" :lol:

Persepam Pamekasan - Indonesian Premier Division - 2011/12 - End of Season

Transfers-Part 1 - Transfers-Part 2 - A lot of activity took place as I basically had to build a team from scratch as all we had was one goalkeeper when I took over,I was confident that with the squad I now possessed,we would survive relegation and look to finish in the top half.The one player who left was a moaner and I had basically had enough as he wasn't performing as well as he could so I dropped him then released him when I wouldn't give in to his demands.

Competitions

Premier Division - 1st Phase Group C - 2nd Phase - Grand Final - WOW!!!What a season,I never thought we would gain promotion seeing as I was expecting a top half finish at best but we kept proving the pundits wrong and we gained a place in the 2nd phase due to having one of the two highest points totals out of the 3 third placed teams,my only problem with the 1st phase was our consistency as we very good at the start,below average for the middle and had a good ending.If we a were a bit better during the middle of the season then we could have snagged a automatic spot.The 2nd phase saw us play at our best which is what was needed,we dominated for the majority against Persih and Persema but we came away with 2-1 victories.It was a more even game against Persik and snuck a 1-0 victory to put us into the grand final.The grand final was a bit anti-climatic as we didn't really play as we ll as we could so were on the receiving end of a deserved defeat.I give the season an overall A grade as we played above expectation clinched promotion,if we had the consistency then it would have been A+.

Indonesian Cup - 1st Round - Not much to say really,two even sides and one controversial penalty is what it took to separate both sides.We drew the first leg 2-2 which was a fair result,it was looking like it was going to be the same score in the 2nd leg until they scored in the 4th minute of injury time via dodgy penalty.Can't say I am too pleased.

Players,Stats and Awards

A quick look at Persepam Pamekasan squad stats

Alex Cabrera was a bargain signing seeing as he was a free transfer and was the perfect fit for my AMC role,he was the top scorer with 13 goals and topped the assist chart with 10!His performances saw him rewarded with Premier Division Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year.

Special mentions to Toni Pebian and Dedi Sutrisno who both performed brilliantly throughout the season and played key parts in our successful campaign.

Overview

A totally shocking season as I was not expecting this one bit,I was initially aiming for survival then building a team from their.The promotion has kind of screwed me over as I was only offering one year contracts which has kind of screwed me as other clubs have come in and are trying to swipe them so I am praying some of the better ones accept our contract offers.Our Cup run was ended early and controversially which didn't impress me one bit so I will be looking at getting further into the competition next season.

One bit of interesting news came in my inbox,we are having a New Stadium! It only holds 2769 but it is better then nothing but alot of the Indonesian clubs were having stadiums built as well.I currently have status of untouchable with this chairman but he is willing to listen to offers which is not a good thing with my past history of takeovers!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Persepam    Prem Division    Indonesia      2nd       1st Rnd        N/a           739            Promotion!

In Euro 2012 news,Germany win the tournament with a 1-0 win.

England go out in the group stages which contained Ukraine,Croatia and Romania.John Terry then quits has captain and is replace by Rio Ferdinand while Frank Lampard takes over the vice captain role.

Shocks of the tournament were Poland and Croatia making the semi-finals!

Thanks!It is definitely one of the more of the complex structures,makes Mexico and Argentina with their average points seem like a walk in the park :D

There was alot of new stadiums built in Indonesia,counted 16 across the country so I might have to see if Indonesia is holding any competitions. Thanks again :thup:

Hopefully I will have the pre-season report up tonight.

Thanks!It is definitely one of the more of the complex structures,makes Mexico and Argentina with their average points seem like a walk in the park :D

There was alot of new stadiums built in Indonesia,counted 16 across the country so I might have to see if Indonesia is holding any competitions. Thanks again :thup:

Hopefully I will have the pre-season report up tonight.

Indonesia is easier than Brazil imo. :D

Nice to see you got a new stadium and hopefully you can fill it up soon!

Persepam Pamekasan - Indonesian Super League - 2012/13 - Pre-Season

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0 (£0 Remaining)

Wage Budget - £5,000 p/w (Currently spending £4,235 p/w)

Pre-Season Transfers - Done what I could on such a tight budget,let players go who I felt wouldn't make the grade and got in much higher quality players to help the club fight for survival in the new season.Salinas and Clayton Carioca fill up the two remaining foreign slots which has helped give a bit more balance to the team.

Expectations

Super League - Avoid Relegation - Avoid Relegation

Indonesian Cup - Be competitive - 3rd Round

Pre-Season Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitch%20hikers%20guide%20to%20FM12/PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures-2.png[/img]"]PersepamPamekasanFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Key Players

Clayton Carioca - DR - This signing took up one of the two free foreign spots,he was a necessity as we were lacking at right back,he is rated as the best player in the team but now we have balance in the back four as we do have a solid defence as DC and LB are slightly behind this guy in quality,he should be able to make a difference when it counts.

Munadi - DC - Another free signing,he was released from Super League side Persib but our scouts rated him as a very good player (3.5* current ability,5* potential ability).With this in mind,he could become a rock in our defence considering he is only 23.He can head,mark and tackle which makes him a valuable asset to the defence.

Andy Salinas - ML/AML - Another free signing who took up the last of the free foreign spots.I needed another player who could help contribute with goals and assists to relieve a bit of pressure off my AMC and ST.He looks like the player who will be able to do that,he can cross,dribble and finish which is ideal as I will be playing him in the AML position which will give us strength when attacking.

Alex Cabrera - MC/AMC - Him playing last season was literally showing us being a one man team as he topped both goal scoring and assists for us.I am hoping that during pre-season,I have managed to find some really good buys to help relieve the pressure off him.He was lethal in the AMC role but my major concern is the fact that he is 33 so he hasn't got much longer left in his career.I am hoping he can do more of the same this season as we need to do everything to ensure our survival.

Sebastian Balbi - ST - Didn't have the best of time up front last season but still managed to score 8 in 22 appearances which was a good return.I will let him off for last season as our attacking force was just him and Cabrera for the majority as my midfield was quite a let down.He is another one who is getting on abit but he still has another couple of seasons left in him.My aim for him this season is to hit 8 or more goals which may help fire us to survival.

Ones to watch

Adixi Lenzivio - GK - 1.5* CA,3.5* PA - Bought in as a backup,he will get better as he is young and can be our number one in the next few years.He is already ranked as our number two and can be alot better then our current number one.Quite shocked to get him on a free which is pleasing,just recently made his u21 debut for Indonesia.

Nurdin Bia - AMC - 1.5* CA,4.5* PA - Bought in as the future replacement for Cabrera,he is currently ranked as the 4th best AMC but for potential wise,he tops the chart.Was bought in on a a free last season as the club he was on trial at didn't want him so I swooped in courtesy of my scouts finding him.Did well in the two appearances he made so I am expecting more from him as he develops.Only 18 but worth £75k,if things don't go well financially,he may have to be sold to make the money!

Pre-Season Overview

Pre-Season bought a bit of change to the club as we let those go who wouldn't cut it and bought in much higher quality players which I hope can help us reach our goal of survival.Things were made a little bit more difficult due to the chairman deciding to cut our wage budget by £500 p/w which is two or three layers which could have helped out and give us more strength.As for the fixtures,1 win,2 draws and 1 loss,can't say I'm too impressed as the loss was to a division 1 side where as the other 3 games were against Premier Division sides.

During the pre-season,we had a failed attempt of a takeover bid.I am starting to get this uneasy feeling about this takeover as it is going exactly like it did in my last save....first takeover failed,second takeover succeeded then fired!!!I hope I'm wrong but you never know with these things.My only aim is to survive otherwise I will probably find myself out of a job as they want to avoid relegation which may be tough considering there are four relegation spots!

Indonesia is easier than Brazil imo. :D

Nice to see you got a new stadium and hopefully you can fill it up soon!

To be fair,I've never actually managed in Brazil...think I'll put it on my to do list for this save :D

I am hoping I can fill it as well,put some much needed cash in the coffers :lol:

roganp - Thanks :D

Raware - I have very little fear,the worse they can do is sack me :lol: It was a bit of shock to get promoted so I had to look at players a couple of levels above what I already had.

With regards to my start in the Super League,we've played 4,won 2 and lost 2....scoring 8 and conceding 8.What I have learnt is that I have more then enough quality to beat the lower teams while we have nowhere near the quality the top teams have.This is going to be a long season.....

Congrats again on the promotion and the new stadium! Even though it only holds 2,769, I'm still a bit concerned about somebody over there cutting corners on the building project - did I read correctly that it's only costing £65k? That's less than my house! :eek: Here's hoping it's not held together with bits of string and sticky-back plastic. :p

Archived