+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LOROL View Post
    Hello - Can anyone advise me how to create a desktop shortcut for my Mac?

I see on the Q&A section it say's right click, of course does not work for the Mac, assume that is for PC.

Thanks in advance.
    Right click does work on Mac's. Go into "System Preferences" then "Mouse" then under "Point & Click" go to the second option "Secondary Click", tick the box and then with the arrow select "Click on right side".

Or for the "Track Pad" go to "Point & Click" go to the second option "Secondary Click", tick the box and then with the arrow select "Click on bottom right corner" (or which ever position you prefer).

Amateur

scouting is still missing obvious things like being able to ask how good someone would be at other positions like a st who could also play amr and the ability to see the potential on a standard scale that applies across all leagues as well as how good they are for my league.

First Team Regular

No £ or commas in player values makes me cry.

Third Team

Love the game no problems so far great job SI

Subs Bench
    I'm not sure what four nines does, but the ace, I think, is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    No £ or commas in player values makes me cry.
    Yeah I'm not sure I like the value displaying as £2.7m instead of £2,700,000 in the player profile either.

Cant we have the choice?

First Team Regular

On my player profile is just displays it as 2700000

No £, no comma.

Subs Bench

I read about that in another thread...IIRC its a known issue and I think theres a solution...I'll try and find it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mccready View Post
    Right click does work on Mac's. Go into "System Preferences" then "Mouse" then under "Point & Click" go to the second option "Secondary Click", tick the box and then with the arrow select "Click on right side".

Or for the "Track Pad" go to "Point & Click" go to the second option "Secondary Click", tick the box and then with the arrow select "Click on bottom right corner" (or which ever position you prefer).
    Thank you very much, never knew this

Amateur

Best FM yet <3 changes to team-talks are brilliant, and the overall polish is great

Had no issues pre-loading with GreenManGaming, they get the vote for best UK D2D site from me for price and promptnessulence

Running every nation and most leagues (130,000+ players in database lol) on my 2500k and it's faster than 09 was on my mac mini with only a couple dozen dozen leagues even so, this might be the game that finally makes me run my 4.5GHz OC 24/7

Is GPU accelleration a possibility for FM games in future?

Questions:

Auto-accepted two offers for Stuart Cambell on 13.10.11, but they never registered in the Transfer Centre, which I thought might be a bug? Stuart never made any comment re: leaving and didn't sign or reject any contracts. Eventually the transfer window closed and the deal was cancelled. That's a possiblity fo sho, but the non-appearance in the Transfer Centre made me suspicious.

I saw there were teams interested in Robert Anyisah and Matt Gill, but when I offered them out, even on free transfers, noone made an offer, despite managers having declared their interest Anyisah. Is that a bit odd to anyone else?

Coaches with local reputaions refusing to enter contract negotiations with Bristol Rovers - isn't local about right for a League Two promotion contender? of the six new coaches I brought in, three are regionals, but local rep English speaking coaches would just refuse to speak to meon occassion - any reason?

Backroom Staff wages are a bit odd - an extreme example: found a scout with great (for league two) coaching stats for tactics, so opened contract negotiations. He asked for £250 p/w (or maybe £275) to join as a scout, when I suggested coach he wanted over a grand and wouldn't budge. I was like lolwut
    This kind of thing happened repeatedly - yth coaches asking for £300 or less to become a youth coach would not go below £600 (or more) to contract as a coach. Since the Gas have a limit of £575 for staff that got annoying fast.
    I can't see why a guy who'll happily work for £300 p/w would suddenly demand more than double for a slightly different role, unless it's the difference between full- and part-time employment? is it?

If someone creates a skin, will they be able to return the Senior, Reserve and Under XX squads to having their own buttons? I'm finding the drop-down thing a fiddly pointlessness - it slows me down for no benefit :/

Is there any way to increase the text size? I like to sit around five or six feet away for everything except FPS games and on a 24" 1080p monitor the text is painfully small; it's preventing me getting into long sessions.

Any way to set the attribute spider-graph to display on players' overview screens? or could that be included in a custom skin? I like to have a good root around in the full stats, but that lil thing saves time when you're dredging for free transfers.

Can the goalkeeper training issue be fixed in a way that lets us continue with ongoing campaigns?

i had some others, but I forget and that's enough to be getting along with
    Last edited by DuddBudda; 22-10-2011 at 10:12.

Reserves

[QUOTE][Can the goalkeeper training issue be fixed in a way that lets us continue with ongoing campaigns?/QUOTE]

I assume you mean the absence of positioning from the gk training schedule. Of course your keepers can still play - and train. If you give them POS in individual player training, you're sorted. The problem is with the AI keepers who wont develop POS, not yours.

Amateur

yes phnompenhandy, I am asking if the AI can be updated to be adequate without me losing my progress, not for a stop-gap that's pretty cruddy and I'm already being forced to use

First Team Regular

I'm getting journalists' names substituted for manager's names in headline when I play in MLS.

For example, when I defended Frank Yallop to journalist Ben Amman, I got a headline of "Jason defends under-fire Amman."

Semi Pro

[QUOTE=phnompenhandy;7195847]
    [Can the goalkeeper training issue be fixed in a way that lets us continue with ongoing campaigns?/QUOTE]

I assume you mean the absence of positioning from the gk training schedule. Of course your keepers can still play - and train. If you give them POS in individual player training, you're sorted. The problem is with the AI keepers who wont develop POS, not yours.

Surely that's a major issue and will quickly make the game unplayable, as every goalkeeper except yours could lose up to 3 Positioning attribute points each year!

Amateur

Right. I was told that we dont have to use the internet in order to play FM but only on a one term basis when installing. Know whenever i go on start offline mode it never lets me play the game and says error. Ive got the 3 internet stick and i cant afford to keep that running because it takes up alot of megspeeds. What do i do?

Amateur

Good find and in addition to this, I've holidayed through some games to see the development of certain players and what I notice is that off the ball movement hasn't changed for most offensive midfielders and wingers. In some cases it's even gone down, while the rest of the attributes have gone up. Very worried about that.

Amateur

so i have played 18 months now with spurs, and the main thing im shocked about is wayne rooney. he is awesome irl, but in my game he is a god unlike any other. in the pl he has now played 56 games with 64 goals and on the national team he has 20 goals in 18 games. has anyone else seen him rock the show like that ?

Subs Bench

No £, no comma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybouldinho View Post
    I read about that in another thread...IIRC its a known issue and I think theres a solution...I'll try and find it
    I had a good look and whilst I find a few posts that had the same question I couldnt find the SI response that I'd definitely seen before telling you how to fix it. Sorry!!

Third Team

12.0.2 230123 (ME v983). Is that what it should write in my game status under Version?
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

can anyone help?? i thought you were able to give players each their own indicidual player instructions so that when you make a sub you dont have to keep changing the instructions on set pieces attacking and defence?thanks

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    12.0.2 230123 (ME v983). Is that what it should write in my game status under Version?
    It's urgent
    www.fmbosnia.com - The game starts here

Amateur

anyone know why......

im 200k under my wage budget - i offer a contract to samba and my max wage is 20k even for a key player.....

Amateur

Issues I am having:

-Keeps awarding my goalkeeper own goals when he has just failed to keep a ball out. A palm to save a shot that is ineffective should not award you a goal.
    -Australian A-league issue: won't let me offer higher wages then 1,500 pounds. I have 17,000 under my wage budget and there is no restrictions specifically for this issue.
    -Another AA issue: Clubs are not registering all their players. They are running with small squads and using under age players in lieu of standard decent players.

They are the three things at the moment annoying me.

Amateur

The person with the worst opinion of me in the world was my star centre midfielder. He was one of my best in season one, and in season two got a huge injury and said he would retire at the end of the season. I asked him to reconsider and he respectfully declined. Why does he hate me now?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    It's urgent
    Can't answer your question, but that is the version I am on

Amateur

I will risk to post it here because my thread are closed

"I bought it in Russia a license key to the game and there is no English language (more than 9 years, I only play in the English version. Why would insert into the officially bought game at least 2 languages ​​- the local and international? One language - it's not quite right I'm not going to buy a second version for the English language "

There is any chance to install English to my "Football Manager 2012 Russian"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    I'm getting journalists' names substituted for manager's names in headline when I play in MLS.

For example, when I defended Frank Yallop to journalist Ben Amman, I got a headline of "Jason defends under-fire Amman."
    Can you log that in the translation issues subforum, the variable order must have got messed up when the string got americanised.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Iblis View Post
    I will risk to post it here because my thread are closed

"I bought it in Russia a license key to the game and there is no English language (more than 9 years, I only play in the English version. Why would insert into the officially bought game at least 2 languages ​​- the local and international? One language - it's not quite right I'm not going to buy a second version for the English language "

There is any chance to install English to my "Football Manager 2012 Russian"?
    Unfortunately the Russian version is Russian language only (there are good commercial reasons for that) an English language file wouldn't work with the Russian version even if you inserted one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    Unfortunately the Russian version is Russian language only (there are good commercial reasons for that) an English language file wouldn't work with the Russian version even if you inserted one.
    too bad. Many people in CIS countries are disappointed with that issue. English language for FM are very popular there. So i don't know what commercial reasons stand behind this decision, but in forums i see only disappointment and negative comments. Two languages would be perceived with a great pleasure

Amateur

Had no issues with steam and installing the game.Having played CM/FM from the start i have to to say i've had a few issues with recent Fm's where i really haven't enjoyed them but FM12 is a return to all thats good about football management,brilliant game,thanks SI.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by EdL View Post
    Can you log that in the translation issues subforum, the variable order must have got messed up when the string got americanised.
    I was playing in British English, so I don't think it would be an Americanization.

Amateur

Okay, here's my feedback after my first 6 months.

* Tutorial: I wanted the achievement so went trough them all, and found it wasn't a totally bad idea as the UI has change a lot this year. Well I guess it's good that it's there and gives you and overview, but the amount of texts to read is insane. If I where a new player the tutorial allow would keep me away. And why are there no back button? If I press next to fast and miss something I have to take the whole tutorial again, bloody annoying. The text box is also really small, making it even more tiresome to read all that text.

* UI: The good I'm having a little trouble right now finding everything, my guess is that I just have to get use to the new layout. I'm not finding it any faster to navigate, but again it's properly just a matter of time.

* Contracts: Right now I'm playing it a small Brazilian 3rd Division team, and we have no money. We are a little over the wage budget, this means that 80% of my team won't sign a new contact as I can't match their current wages. I don't want so sign all of them (need to cut the useless players), but would much like to sign with the star players and the player that the club/board values above anything else. I would think that a club would find the money to sign the most valued player in the club, but apparently the game makes no exception to want player to are trying to sign.
    It's great with the new lock system, but damn they will find a lot of clauses to "steal" money away from you

* ME: Well it looks better than the old one, and great with the new animations. But it's not perfect, as it lags a bit on my machine if the match speed i to high and the players can run though each other. A goalkeeper can save the ball while he is getting up or even laying down (looked weird for sure). Players really likes to walk towards the ball, instead of running and defenders still make braid dead moves e.g. stand totally still while attackers run pas them or without warning runs out of the defensive area leave a man open.
    Don't know if this is the ME or tactic part, but found it weird with my Brazilian team that the first 8 matches they played divine, but at the second stage they couldn't make a pass to a player standing 2 feet away from them. Making it a pain to watch as for some reason my tactic went from pole position to dead last. And my defence a goalkeeper had been a wall for the first 8 games, letting only 2 goals in - now they couldn't stop anything. If I have to build a new tactic every 8 or so matches, it's going to get pretty tiresome

* Tactic: The new layout is actually pretty good, and I can get stuff done pretty fast and as of yet I haven't found anything that annoyed me.

* Add/remove leagues: This was the main reason for me to buy the game. Well it works, but it's not as marvellous as I had hoped. I can some what understand that a new league can't just be added on the fly, but waiting over a year is pretty long. But removing a league I don't understand why it has to take that long - it kills the whole idea that I had with it. Add as many leagues as possible and see what club want's a unknown manager. I think the least the game could to would be to stop all news info from the league, I still get news posts about managers struggling and other annoying updates for leagues that have been set to be removed for months now.

* Random annoys: The fact that my Backroom staff still tells me to sign coaches, scouts etc. that are way out of my wage limits is still annoying. That staff answering adverts are not interested in that position, a youth coach (almost always a youth coach) answering to a fitness coach position. That I can't get a "scout report" on staff, in the sense of what have they done and what can I expect of the coach (e.g. is he loyal, how would he do in this position, want does the previous club say about him, etc. or something like that), right now I just hope that he is a great person.
    The new way training report is shown. Before you would get a nice little list of the good and bad, now it's just a long text string - making harder to get a overview. Telling a person that they aren't pulling their weight in training, before you would tell them do better and most would agree. As of now I haven't had one person agree with me that he didn't do a good job in training - even when the staff tells me he is lacy.
    The conversation system as a whole, not that big of a fan. It might just be me, but can't seem to get why the saying one thing in team talk makes them happy and motivated one match but stressed and angry another.
    That I can't tell or fine a player that goes to the press and talks negative about me, like that I gave a horrible team talk. I should be able to discipline/talk to him for talking to the press and not me in person.
    Why doesn't the players even come to you for a chat, when they have a problem? Why can't I explain to my players that we are a little tight on cash right now, but I value them and really want them to stay with the team in trouble times?
    The press meetings are a boring as ever, get asked one question and can answer something completely different. Or can't answer in a logical way, e.g. like "you can speak Italian, is that a problem" no way to say that you are learning - what I personally would do, to shown how important I see the job and language.
    Properly more, but can't remember right now

As a general I like the game, but I'm still in the phase where everything is new and I just need to play one more match before doing something important

- Sorry for the long post and my bad english. And fun thing, I could only have 4 smilies in my post (wanted one here also)
    Last edited by Kegus; 23-10-2011 at 08:50.

First Team Regular

BTW, I like the new player reports where your coaches/scouts will tell you a player "plays best as a defensive midfielder in a deep-lying playmaker role" or any of the other possibilities. Really helps clarify whether a player will fit your system.

Amateur

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but why are Benfica and FC Porto's name been abbreviated? For example Benfica are SLB and Porto are FCP. Is it because SI have lost the naming rights to those clubs? If so I hope they dont lose anymore in the future, because if that starts to happen this game will be going down the slippery road to shitness.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JamsyLFC View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but why are Benfica and FC Porto's name been abbreviated? For example Benfica are SLB and Porto are FCP. Is it because SI have lost the naming rights to those clubs? If so I hope they dont lose anymore in the future, because if that starts to happen this game will be going down the slippery road to shitness.
    Yep, this is right unfortunately.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    Yep, this is right unfortunately.

That is most unfortunate. Hope SI can stop this from happening in the future and even reclaim the naming rights of those clubs if possible.

Amateur

Just noticed a great feature - if you have the Team Ratings widget open during a match, there's a little "i" icon next to each player's name. If you hover the mouse over that "i", you get a box appearing with that players attributes and other key information. Fantastic.

I have to say, this seems to be the best iteration of FM for many years. And what's noticeable is that there aren't the multitude of "my game's broken because XYZ" threads this year, and numerous "When's the patch to fix coming out" threads being started.

Amateur

*cough* editor *cough*

Amateur

Feedback on one evenings playing:

Good
    1) new search format is great
    2) new teamtalk player feedback is great

Bad
    1) when you plan more than one tactic it keeps
    Putting players out of position. Eg if I want
    a player up front in one formation but right wing
    in the second it switches him to right wing in
    the starting tactic.

Ps, the pre-load via steam was great

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey1978 View Post
    *cough* editor *cough*

*cough*If you mean the official editor, i've tried it and it doesn't work*cough*
    Last edited by JamsyLFC; 23-10-2011 at 13:33.

Amateur

*cough*If you mean the official editor, i've tried it and it doesn't work*cough*
    Try googling

Amateur

First season has ended in my save game, and Pep Guardiola left Barcelona to manage Spanish U23-team who only play matces once in four years(?).

Kind of a weird decision if you ask me.

Amateur

Is it possible to purchase more than one version of the game?

>>> Do you need a separate steam account?

As an example, a father gets one for each of their sons in addition to one for himself. The odds are high that they would like to play at the same time, on different laptops.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Simply... Awesome! View Post
    Is it possible to purchase more than one version of the game?

>>> Do you need a separate steam account?

As an example, a father gets one for each of their sons in addition to one for himself. The odds are high that they would like to play at the same time, on different laptops.
    You'll need different Steam accounts.

Amateur

About to play the first game of the second season, I haven't held a team meeting all pre-season and went to do one before the first game. I got the following:
    "There isn't a suitable reason to hold a team meeting"

Now, if a few days before the first game of the season isn't a good time to hold a team meeting, when is? :|

Amateur

A lot of my players are unhappy with the standard of fitness coaching or coaching in general, whats the best way to change this, i never really do my own training, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Sports Interactive Stuart Warren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegus View Post
    * Add/remove leagues: This was the main reason for me to buy the game. Well it works, but it's not as marvellous as I had hoped. I can some what understand that a new league can't just be added on the fly, but waiting over a year is pretty long. But removing a league I don't understand why it has to take that long - it kills the whole idea that I had with it. Add as many leagues as possible and see what club want's a unknown manager. I think the least the game could to would be to stop all news info from the league, I still get news posts about managers struggling and other annoying updates for leagues that have been set to be removed for months now.
    Hey Kegus, thanks for your feedback. On this point above - you shouldn't ever be waiting longer than a year for a league to be added or removed as the change happens on that nations 'season update' day (ergo one year would be the absolute maximum wait time). Which leagues did you add that took so long to appear?

Any issues you have that you perceive as bugs, please post over in the bugs forums and our team will make sure they're looked into.

Anyone notice how you always seem to draw a team in the cup (England) that you've just played?

Played Liverpool. Had them in the next round of the CC.
    Played WBA. Had them in the following round of the CC.

Someone else mentioned this too me, so obviously more than just a freaky coincidence.

Amateur

Overall it looks good, many small news.

But I still miss to able to cancel a substitute, and be able to offer all the remaining budget to one player. It is irritating that you can have 3 million (SEK, about 300 000 pound) left on the budget but you can only offer 300 000 (SEK, 30 000 pound) to one player. If I want to offer the whole remaining budget to one player I should be able to do that, what else is the budget good for? I dont want to buy 20 mediocre player, I rather want 2-3 really good ones.
    Last edited by ketchup; 23-10-2011 at 20:49.

Amateur

Thoughts: I have wasted a whole evening trying to Play FM2012, however it's 'unavailable'.

I think my FM days are over... until Steam is dropped!

Amateur

I hope someone from SI reads this and maybe fixes what they think needs to be fixed from my comment and fixes in the upcoming patch/es:

1. Please bring back the way matches could continue playing even if alt-tabbed like in FM 11 (for multi-tasking purposes) or at least have an option in preferences where we could turn it off or on

2. "Going on Vaction" i dislike how in FM12 when on a match day it says "cant go on vacation on match day" i know its for realistic purposes, but this is a game and sometimes we just want to skip a certain match (for various reasons) and would love if this would be fixed

3. The new "back" and "forward" is way too slow, FM 11's was better

I know not everyone would agree to my opinions, but would be nice to let each "gamer" decide for themselves by having an option to choose in preference
    Other than that im loving fm12, going to try a long-term game to see if the transfer market issues have been fixed. I also have no problems with steam, fast download servers and no problems (so far) with the offline mode. Thanks if someone actually read and considered my comment

Amateur

Oh God, please say the first 2 aint true

Part-Timer
    The home of the greatest football team ever, and one of the greatest players ever to pull on the hallowed red shirt, CRISTIANO RONALDO!!!! Manchester, England

No £, no comma.
    It's in preferences

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    And one more answer to your reply:

You don't know how many mistakes in the Russian version (( More time using in collecting those mistakes and sending feedbacks than playing in FM (very good commercials reasons ;( ). So I think is a big mistake to give FM to the fans without english This is a last reply, don't want to whine -this doesn't change anything. So left for searching more translation's issues

Amateur

Only thing i have noticed after one season is that championship teams do very well in the cups.

In both the league cup and F.A cup 3 of the 4 semi-finalists are from the championship. I won the league cup with Wolves and Peterborough won the FA (Knocking out Man U, Liverpool and Newcastle on route to beating Stoke in the final)

On another note Aguero has just made the move to Tottenham for 24.5 mil and Tevez is back in the first team!

Amateur

no im not, whats the problem with giving people the option to do either? i tend to alt-tab when playing against small teams where i'll make a sub in the 60th min but before that i'd be doing sth else. for the 2nd option, i sometimes hit the space bar too many times and mess up my tactics n line-up, so i like to be able to skip and then load the game. its nice to have the option is all im saying, im sure some people would agree with me

Amateur

Started a game as Glasgow Rangers with a Medium database. Searched through the different teams for players. Seems there are loads of teams loaded from each nation but very few players in these teams. For example think Notts Forest, Derby, Southampton only have three or four players each that you could possibly buy.

Seem to remember this happening and being fixed with a patch on a previous FM. Can I do anything to fix this now or will it be fixed with a patch?

Amateur

Fun and maybe small bugs?

* MLS team tried for the fifth time to sign a foreign player, even though they have reach their limit.
    * Contract break down, when I press the "Suggest Terms" button to his own terms.
    * Not enough grey players to finish out subs and can't see grey players from U23 or U20 (in Brazil)
    * Ass Man gets coming up with the same load prospects - even the once that don't want to go to our team.
    * Ass Man doesn't find load prospect to what he is asked - I ask for Centre Midfielder, and he comes with only 1 and 9 others that can't play the spot. Couple with the fact that he always finds the same - the feature is pretty useless.
    * Ass Man team report, includes players that are not able to play. E.g. Injure, on trial etc.
    * Ass Man or Coaches, can't put a team together - Asked my staff to pick players for a 4-3-3, instead of using 3 strikers of the 4 I had they choose players that would play way out of their position and had red icons.
    * Goalkeeper that can't make up his mind to pick up the ball. My player ran half a field and the goalkeeper never tried to pick up a ball that was 2 feet away from him - just moved back and forward all the time.
    * Players kicking the ball into players lying down. Trying to pass trough a player that was laying injure on the field.
    * Players that try to pick up a pass, but it hits the back of their feet. A pass is played, and instead of taking the ball it just hits the back of their feet - luck weird and happens quite often.

Don't think I have anything more yet
    Last edited by Kegus; 24-10-2011 at 12:44.

Amateur

I'm struggling to sell players. Maybe it's just me.

Amateur

I think this is the best version by a long way. I have noticed a few little bugs in the match engine but nothing that will ruin the game. The layout is miles better and the overall feel of the game is great. Also love the reworked transfer system.

Massive thumbs up to SI. Well Done.

Amateur

Thanks for fm 2012 ..I bought game from steam in turkey.game is excellent.I start to play turkısh league.turkey database is very good.
    (but in turkey some teams may be guilty of match-fixing..if they are guilty of they can be relegated from league.i hope updates can solve it)
    Thank you for your interest.. best game until fm 2013

FMH Development Team Jamie King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegus View Post
    Okay, here's my feedback after my first 6 months.

* Tutorial: I wanted the achievement so went trough them all, and found it wasn't a totally bad idea as the UI has change a lot this year. Well I guess it's good that it's there and gives you and overview, but the amount of texts to read is insane. If I where a new player the tutorial allow would keep me away. And why are there no back button? If I press next to fast and miss something I have to take the whole tutorial again, bloody annoying. The text box is also really small, making it even more tiresome to read all that text.
    Thanks for the feedback on the tutorial. Yes there is a lot of text - but bear in mind that FM is a fairly complicated game, so this amount of explanation is mostly necessary.
    There is no back button due to some of the technical issues this would have caused. For example, in the Match Tutorial - starting the match and then pressing back to return to the Team Talk screen I imagine would be very difficult to work around.

Amateur

Why information about players loan is so confusing? For example take two QPR players - Angelo Balanta and Peter Ramage. Both are on loan.
    Looking theirs profile page through QPR squad:
    Balantas profile page says "on load at MK Dons" and his attributes page says "on loan at MK Dons" - OK
    Ramages profile page says "on loan from QPR" and his attributes page says "on loan at Crystal Palace" - ???

While looking through Dons and Palace squads it says:
    MK Dons: Balanta - profile: "on loan at MK Dons" and attributes: "on loan from QPR" ???
    C.Palace: Ramage - profile: "on loan from QPR" and attributes: "on loan from QPR" - OK

Other players have the same thing as Balanta which is incorrect but still why Ramage is different from others?

I dont get it.. or am I missing something?
    This is demo btw.. hope its fixed in full game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie King View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the tutorial. Yes there is a lot of text - but bear in mind that FM is a fairly complicated game, so this amount of explanation is mostly necessary.
    There is no back button due to some of the technical issues this would have caused. For example, in the Match Tutorial - starting the match and then pressing back to return to the Team Talk screen I imagine would be very difficult to work around.
    Ahh. Yeah, thats true about the Match Tutorial. Although, that is the tutorial with least amount of text. And about the text, from the top of my head I have 2 ideas - properly not new once. But a text box that can be resized or the chance of the text being spoken. Miles have a beautiful voice or I hear that dear old John Cleese is in need of money (I bet he plays FM already and I would sit through the tutorial just to hear him explain everything)
    Last edited by Kegus; 24-10-2011 at 20:22.

Amateur

I believe that the new manager tones make game too easy. I think it is a great update and although there are other variables i think that it has helped keep my entire team, including those who do not start regularly to superb morale. I won the Champions League with a team which shouldn't have qualified from the group of death (Barcelona, Napoli & Lille) but i won the group and easily won the tournament. It was soo easy to motivate my team or relax them against every opponent.

My players are happy all the time and it seems that i cannot put a foot wrong, this is all well and good but there isn't a challenge. I know that even with a 3 star team i can beat anyone...My point is that the game is boring when you are constantly winning and the happier your team is the more they win. My next challenge should be to win the World cup/champions league with San Marino but i've already done this in previous versions.

The games great but far too easy...but maybe you should consider adding difficulty levels to future versions. At higher difficulty levels team talks could be less effective.

Amateur

When I go on the player attributes screen a lot of other information it's not there like, height and weight, preferred foot and value!! Does anyone have this problem as well??? or know how to fix it???

Amateur

I know that this were an issue adressed in FM11, but i'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

I'm finding it very hard to sell players. I'm trying to sell Lucas Barrios first season 31 games and 23 goals. At first I put him on the market for around 100 million kr about 10 million pounds. Nothing. Then I offered him to clubs at the price of 7,5 million pounds (that is his actual price). Still nothing.

It's a general problem that occurs in my game, and as I said I know this were a problem in FM11.

Anyone else experiencing this?

i had the bug where from the kickout is taken the ball is headed back towards the goal and the foward (ba) is straight through 3 or 4 times in my game v sunderland tonight and he missed them all,lost 1-0 to them aswell,this is very high for this to be happening which is concerning

Amateur

It looks like team meetings are broken in Brazil. It keeps getting me lines about promotion, but right now I'm playing the local division - and 3rd division national is 6 months away. Seems quite odd.
    Is now also advised to hold a Team Meeting, but when I try I'm just told that there are "no reason" to have one.

Also why is it not possible to tell a player that their attitude in the game is not good enough, e.g. if they are uninterested or if they are ill-disciplined - to me this is not necessary a performance issue but more mental problem. If a player has a great match but gets a red card because he is hot-headed (maybe like a english balled headed striker, who normally plays in a red shirt), to me I don't want to yell at him for his performance but for his personal conduct.

I played matches using the 3D thing and only see key moments, apparently a goal is not a key moment
    Last edited by Kegus; 25-10-2011 at 09:21.

Amateur

My Steam told me it downloaded something for football manager 2012 late last night, I presume automatically. What was this? It was around 22mb.

Amateur

please sort out the retirements happening for good players at their peak years..ashley cole retiring at age of 31 is just pure nonsense. even game breaking if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Signercaz View Post
    My Steam told me it downloaded something for football manager 2012 late last night, I presume automatically. What was this? It was around 22mb.
    This was a small licensing change - no game code updates were included.

Amateur

Alright fellow FMers,

Am loving the game so far this year, one minor gripe (not seen it mentioned anywhere) is that the 'back' button seems to have changed.. ie, if I look at a player & look at his attributes, info, contract, positions etc when I press 'back' it goes back through each individual item that I looked at.

Is there anyway of changing that? It's not the end of the world but I was just wondering.

Thanks.

WillyBroadband.

Hey WillyBroadband - if you don't like the new [Back] behaviour, head to [Preferences] -> [General] -> untick 'Enable Full Player Browser History'. That'll revert it to the old style, hope that helps

Amateur

Have to say I am very happy with this new version so far, only done pre-season at the moment so haven't gone into too much detail but the interface feels a lot more aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, the quick stats button is excellent as is the new tactics screen - all in all just much more user friendly. The tone system adds a good extra dimension to team talks and player chats as well.

Amateur

I'm sure i saw Miles write or say something in the blogs about the reserve teams not in a league would automatically arrange friendlies during the season, but can't see anything like that in the game. Was this me just dreaming, cause it would surely be a useful feature?

Amateur

My assistant manager just won manager of the month. I was holidaying the games, so I guess he was technically in charge, but it seems ....wrong? Is this a bug or is he supposed to get it?

That was an intentional change, RedmanJB.

Amateur

Enjoying the game so far, currently just getting towards of my first season. One of the best FM's I've played in a while.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Warren View Post
    That was an intentional change, RedmanJB.
    What purpose does it serve, if I may ask?

Amateur

Oh wicked, thanks for your help Stuart.

Hey WillyBroadband - if you don't like the new [Back] behaviour, head to [Preferences] -> [General] -> untick 'Enable Full Player Browser History'. That'll revert it to the old style, hope that helps

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RedmanJB View Post
    I assume to recognise whose playing the game - you or the computer.....

Amateur

im vondering, if manager expirience at the start of the game have any efects, sunday legue is Hard or Easy?

Quote Originally Posted by RedmanJB View Post
    I wasn't involved in that one so can't say for certain, but we get a lot of requests for 'Director of Football' type features so I would imagine it's been implemented to better reflect reality for people who enjoy playing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trnjan View Post
    im vondering, if manager expirience at the start of the game have any efects, sunday legue is Hard or Easy?
    Yep it will affect your reputation within the game, which in turn affects a lot of other aspects - board patience, clubs that'll take you on, players that'll want to play for you, etc. Sunday League Footballer is the lowest, ergo the hardest of the lot. Hope that helps.

Amateur

it helps, tnx

Amateur

hey, i had a game saved under the demo and bought and installed the game today, when i go to start my game, my demo game is not there. can you advise?

After choosing to load a saved game, navigate up two folder levels, then select the Football Manager 2012 Demo -> Games folder, and you should find it in there

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Loving the game so far. I've found a couple of things I feel are counter intuitive in the UI.

The main one being on your tactics screen. You can drag and drop players from the field onto the subs bench but you can't drag a player from the subs bench onto the field.
    Seems a bit odd that it doesn't work both ways.

Second thing is that on the new club info screen it would be helpful to show the position the team currently is in the league on the header (e.g. Hereford United 18th in League 2) whereas it does on the squad/player screen (like it has done in previous years).

Other than that, I'm thoroughly enjoying my save

Part-Timer

I like the game very much. Feel its getting smoother and seasons go a bit more quick.

My one issue, and it has probably been mentioned before, that is when your keeper take the goal kick, their defense heads the ball through and their attacker scores.
    I think that is something you don't see in real football. I would have thought that the defense already would have positioned it self so the ball wouldn't get through.

Besides that, good job.

Amateur

Where are the juniors? No new juniors in the whole league? And Iám on my second season? Please answer this, becasue this kind of destroy it for me.
    Last edited by ketchup; 26-10-2011 at 11:36.

Hi ketchup - I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. If you think you've found a bug could you post details in a new thread in the bugs forum please. Thanks.

Amateur

Hi ketchup - I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. If you think you've found a bug could you post details in a new thread in the bugs forum please. Thanks.
    I´am referring to that it dosent regen any new juniors in the game. What details do you want?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DuddBudda View Post
    I saw there were teams interested in Robert Anyisah and Matt Gill, but when I offered them out, even on free transfers, noone made an offer, despite managers having declared their interest Anyisah. Is that a bit odd to anyone else?
    I have had trouble selling players even if i offer them to clubs cheaper than they are rated to. I've created a thread in the bugs forum, under possible transfer bug with that one, maybe you can upload a game? I've done that.

Amateur

I got the game today, does steam always need to be running to play this?

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by kilik View Post
    I got the game today, does steam always need to be running to play this?
    Running yes, online no.

Amateur

It's March 2014 and Patrice Evra, age 32, is the new Derby (EPL) manager. Great.

Amateur

My only issue with FM12 is the 2D Classic match engine performance. I have THE most powerful laptop that Dell makes and even the 2D Classic Match Engine (all I play I do not have interest in the 3D ME) is EXTREMELY laggy and
    stutters and almost seems to 'shimmer' for lack of a better term. I can't imagine playing this on a non-powerful computer if its this stuttery on my laptop. The rest of the game I love and most if not all of the enhancements are great.

Amateur

The end of the free transfer deadline (which is obviously some months after the actual transfer window closes) prompts another transfer window round-up news item. It doesn't seem right as it just contains the same information as the previous round-up and nothing related to free transfers.
    Last edited by S.G.; 26-10-2011 at 17:30.

Amateur

1. Please bring back the way matches could continue playing even if alt-tabbed like in FM 11 (for multi-tasking purposes) or at least have an option in preferences where we could turn it off or on

2. "Going on Vaction" i dislike how in FM12 when on a match day it says "cant go on vacation on match day" i know its for realistic purposes, but this is a game and sometimes we just want to skip a certain match (for various reasons) and would love if this would be fixed

(Sorry for reposting, i didnt get a reply so i thought this might help)

Solved the "back" through preference

Amateur

Have to say I love this years game.

Only problem I have faced is the default font. Thankfully Someone had made a skin with a different/bigger one which made the game playable for me.

I think a number of things have been mentioned by other people already but something I like is the sub/keep on option when a player gets injured. I think this could be improved upon if your Physio gave you some sort of recommendation. I know you can go and view the potential injury at the player page but I'm no medic, so a word on what the injury is and the potential implications of keeping him on from the physio would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast