Football Manager 2012 *OFFICIAL* FAQ

• Administrators

Welcome to the Football Manager 2012 FAQ - within this thread should be the answers to the majority of questions you may have when running the game, and answers to any errors you may come across.

Using your code to activate via Steam

Installing the game from Disc

Release Date and Activation Time

Activation and Offline Mode

Slow Downloads and Connection to Content Servers

Anti-Virus and Firewall Issues

Programs and Anti-Virus Programs which may cause issues with Steam

Changing Installer Language

Game Crashes on Launch Issues - Most Common Reasons

Game is Currently Unavailable

Update Stalls

Verify Game Cache

Unable to find Essential Data

Offline Mode

XML Parsing Errors

Data Editor

Editor Issues - Editor running in Green or not starting correctly

Block of colour at the bottom of the screen

The game will not start up for me and I have BitDefender installed

Unable to launch the game when running Spyware Doctor

Am informed my game is Not an Original

Get the Message "Warning: did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots on game launch"

I get a DEP or Data Execution Prevention Message

Creating a desktop shortcut

Disable Steam from running at start-up

Steam or the game is already running

Game Crashes after pre-match Team Talk or when going to a Match

My Save Game can no longer be loaded

Completing a Full Uninstall

How do I delete my Cache files?

How do I delete my Settings files?

How to Delete your Registry Files

How do I find my dxdiag?

How do I delete my Editor Cache files?

Game crashing when running on a machine with Nvidia and Intel dual graphics

Mac Section

This is the official Steam for Mac forum which you may find useful. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=891

I have a Mac with dual-graphics card system but I am experiencing crashes when trying to run 3D.

Mac - Game Unavailable

Mac - XML Parsing Errors

Mac - Full Uninstall

Mac - Delete your Cache

Mac - How do I post my System Profile?

Mac - How do I post a Crash Report?

Mac - 'Steam needs to be online to update' but I am already online

Netbooks

Region Availability - Germany

Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China

Game Requirements

You've Tried everything and are completely at a loss

• Administrators

Using your code to activate via Steam:

If you purchased of a digital copy of the game, please follow the steps below to activate the game on Steam:

- Download the Steam client:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

- Install Steam on your computer

- Once installed, open up Steam

- Go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual.

- Steam should now download your game.

• Administrators

Installing the game from Disc:

If you have the disc version of the game, please first follow the steps below to activate the game on Steam:

- Open up Steam

- Go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual.

Now Steam will be trying to download the full game. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Click on 'Games' followed by 'View Games Library'.

2. Right click on the game and click 'Delete local content'. The non-installed information will appear next to the game.

3. Close Steam (File, Exit).

* Ensure STEAM is not shown near Notification Area (system clock). If STEAM is shown in the Notification Area right click on the STEAM icon and select exit.

4. Insert Disk 1 into your DVD drive and select Autorun.

5. From the Windows Desktop, click on the Start Button, (XP) click Run (Vista/7) type Run into the Start Search box and choose Run from the list.

In the window Run box enter the following:

E:\Setup.exe

- If your CD/DVD drive is not E: please change it accordingly.

6. Press OK, Steam should now start the installation from the disk.

7. At the end of the installation process, Steam will connect on Internet to download a small update.

• Administrators

Release Date and Activation Time

The official release date of Football Manager 2012 is Friday 21st of October therefore even if you have received your copy of the game early and have been able to pre-load the game; you will not be able to access the game before the official release date.

Moreover please note that even though the servers should allow you to start the game after midnight, it might take a little while for all servers to be updated in some locations and as such please allow at least one hour after launch before raising an issue on the forums or with Sega.

• Administrators

Activation and Offline Mode:

This year’s instalment of Football Manager can only be activated and played through the Steam platform. The game can be purchased as a boxed copy or a digital download, but both versions require Steam and an Internet connection.

Football Manager 2012 will need Internet access for its activation process because Steam is a network-based platform. FM2012 customers that do not want Steam to connect to Internet can launch the Steam client in “Offline Mode” after installation. Internet access after installation of the game will only be needed to apply game patches or Steam updates, play network games or use any of the uploading features included in FM2012.

We have outlined below the steps to set Steam to Offline Mode.

1) Start Steam whilst being connected to the Internet - make sure that the “Remember my password” box on the login window is checked

2) Verify that all game files are completely updated and that there are no current downloads on Steam (“View” -> “Downloads”)

3) Launch the game(s) you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download. Shut down the game(s) and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game(s) can be played

4) Go to “Steam” -> “Settings” to ensure that the “Don't save account credentials on this computer” option is NOT selected

5) Click on the top left “Steam” menu and select “Go Offline

6) Select “Restart in Offline Mode”. This will restart the Steam client and it will no longer connect to Internet when it is launched

If you would like to reconnect Steam to the Internet in the future to download game updates, activate new products or play multiplayer modes on your games, please select “Go Online” from the top left “Steam” menu.

• Administrators

Slow Downloads and Connection to Content Servers

If Steam downloads are going slower than expected, please double check your current download region:

1. Start Steam

2. Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab

3. Under Download region, select the region that you are in or that is closest to you.

4. You can also try various regions near your location to see if a better connection is available.

66502132.jpg

• Administrators

Anti-Virus and Firewall Issues:

If Football Manager 2012 will not start or run properly, we would suggest checking your Antivirus and/or Firewall programs.

Please add “FM.exe” to the list of exclusions within your security software. If this alone doesn't work we would suggest adding the entire Steam folder to the list of exclusions.

Unfortunately we cannot give specific steps for this issue but usually it is as follows: navigate to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions and add the “FM.exe” there.

The “FM.exe” can be found at “C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012

Some security software can also prevent the normal loading operation of Steam games, including common errors such as “Unable to load filesystem_steam.dll” and “Engine Error: Could not load library client”.

If you are encountering Steam errors, please do the following – once again we apologize as we cannot give specific steps for this issue:

Disable Behaviour Guard via PC Tools. If this fails to resolve the issue, fully disabling or uninstalling your security software may be necessary.

You can find more information on how to configure your Firewall to allow Steam to run flawlessly:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2198-AGHC-7226

You can also find a list of programs that could interfere with Steam below:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

• Administrators

Changing Installer Language:

Steam games are usually installed in the language set for the Steam client, so if Steam is configured in English, all games will be downloaded in that language.

You can change the language of the Steam client doing the following:

- Launch Steam

- Click on the top left menu and select "Steam" -> "Settings"

- Select the "Interface" tab and change the language

- Click on OK

- Steam will ask you to restart its client: select "RESTART STEAM"

You can change the language of Football Manager 2012 following these steps:

- Run the game

- From the Main Menu, select “Preferences

- Under “Game Settings”, the game can be set to any of twelve different languages (Czech, Dansk, English, English US, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, Svenska).

• Administrators

Game or Steam is Currently Unavailable:

This can happen occasionally when the Steam Client or Football Manager 2012 updates, there are fairly simple steps to resolve this problem:

We very much recommend verifying your game cache as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719

If that still doesn't work, exit Steam again, relaunch Steam and re-verify the cache. Continue to verify the cache if this still does not work. If after a few attempts this has not worked for you, please follow the instructions below.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

If this doesn't work:

Please refer to the following article from Steam’s Knowledgebase and follow thoroughly all the steps mentioned:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831

Failing that we suggest attempting an old-fashioned uninstall and reinstall (You can delete the game by right-clicking on it in Steam and clicking 'remove local content' - this will not remove any of your old save games. You can then restart the installation process by again right-clicking on the game within your Steam Library).

If the issue persists afterwards, then we will need some information on your computer. This can be gathered using the DirectX diagnostic tool:

From the Windows desktop:

Windows XP

- Click Start

- Click Run

- In the Open box type: DXDIAG

- Click OK

Windows Vista / Windows 7

- Click Start

- In the Start Search box type: DXDIAG

- Click OK

When the diagnostic tool opens you may be asked if you want to ensure your drivers are digitally signed. Click Yes.

The Direct X Diagnostic Tool shows details of your PC including your operating system, hardware and drivers. To create a text file of this information:

- Click the Save All Information button

- Browse to convenient location such as your Desktop or My Documents folder

- Enter a unique name for the file e.g. DxDiag

- Click the Save button

Then post your issue within the Technical/Crashes Forum within the Bugs Forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

• Administrators

Update Stalls:

The installation of Steam might be corrupted, please follow the instructions below to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve, select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

Please re- download Steam from the link below:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

If after the above, the issue persists then please refer to the following entry from the Steam Support website regarding updates stalling at a certain percentage:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5322-QYZB-5344

• Administrators

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

88589882.jpg

• Administrators

Unable to find Essential Data:

If you experience this message when attempting to start the game, configure the compatibility mode for Steam using these steps:

- Close Steam

- Right click on Steam shortcut

- Click "Properties"

- Choose the "Compatibility" tab

- Uncheck the box "Run in Compatibility mode for"

- Click on "OK" and then start Steam using the same shortcut

- You can now try the game

• Administrators

Offline Mode:

Once Football Manager 2012 has been installed and activated you can put STEAM into Offline Mode as instructed below:

1. Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
  2. Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
  3. Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
  4. Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the ‘Don't save account credentials on this computer’ option is not selected
  5. From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
  6. Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

• Administrators

XML Parsing Errors:

In order to solve your issue, please follow the steps outlined below:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Then delete the following folder:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\Settings

Vista/Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\Settings

• Administrators

Data Editor:

You need to download it separately through Steam. It can be found in the Tools section within Steam. To get to it do the following;

Open Steam -> -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Editor. And then Install”.

• Administrators

Block of colour at the bottom of the screen

I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)?

In Steam click the icon "Settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community"

• Administrators

The game will not start up for me and I have BitDefender installed

Some users have encountered an issue whereby Football Manager 2012 will not start if BitDefender is installed.

There is a solution for this issue. If you add FM.exe to the list of exclusions within BitDefender then the game should run. If this alone doesn't work we would suggest adding the entire Steam folder to the list of exclusions.

To do this in BitDefender; navigate to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions and add the FM.exe there.

The FM.exe can be found at C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012

Make sure 'Game Mode' is also turned on within BitDefender.

We also suggest that if you're running an older version of BitDefender to upgrade to the 2012 version as this has encountered many less issues. This can be done by using your 2011 versions licence code. Simply visit BitDefender's website to download the newer version and follow the instructions from there.

Install as an evaluation version and then, once installed, enter your licence key for your older 2011 version which will be accepted.

Failing all this you can just uninstall BitDefender, but we recommend if you do, to turn on Windows Firewall beforehand to make sure you're still protected.

• Administrators

Creating a desktop shortcut

You can create a desktop shortcut which allows you to launch the game without having to go through the STEAM interface.

To create a desktop short-cut right click on the game from the STEAM Library and select Properties:

From GENERAL select ‘CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT’:

58306570.jpg

• Administrators

Disable Steam from running at start-up

How do I stop Steam from running automatically when I start my computer?

With Steam open, click the Steam menu, and choose Settings.

20900332.jpg

Click on the Interface tab, and uncheck the box that says:

"
Run Steam when my computer starts.
"

31328475.jpg

• Administrators

Steam or Football Manager is already running

When I attempt to launch Steam or a game, I get an error message saying that Steam is already running. How can I resolve the problem?

Please see Steam is already running topic for instructions:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8787-WYIL-1543

• Administrators

Completing a Full Uninstall:

This uninstall guide assumes earlier editions of Football Manager were and are still installed such as Football Manager 2010 or 2011.

If this is not the case please delete the Sports Interactive folder instead of the Football Manager 2012 folder as outlined in each individual step:

* Before proceeding please make sure to write down the username and password of your Steam account as you will need them to reinstall afterwards.

Start by uninstalling Football Manager 2012 through Steam:

Right-click on Football Manager 2012 and select “Delete Local Content…”

Next, delete Sports Interactive from my Documents:

Start Menu > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2012

Delete Football Manager 2012 (This will delete save data, please store elsewhere such as the desktop if required).

Next confirm the removal the Football Manager 2012 Settings.

Confirm that hidden folders are enabled:

Step 1

- Click on the Start button,

- Click on the Control Panel,

- From the Control Panel Select Classic View,

- Once selected locate and double click on Folder Options.

- Click on the View tab.

Step 2

- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labelled Show hidden files and folders.

- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide extensions for known file types.

- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labelled Hide protected operating system files.

- Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

- Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

Step 3:

Remove the cache files for Football Manager 2012 as detailed below:

Go here:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\

Vista/Win7:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\

Delete the Sports Interactive folder.

Then you will have to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam and FM12 registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

* For FM 2012:

- Click Start then Run.

- At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.

- Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

- Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.

*If you have a 64-bits Operating System go to: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

- Click the "+" next to Sports Interactive Ltd.

- Right-Click the Football Manager 2012 folder.

- Select Delete.

- Go back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

- Click the "+" next to Microsoft

- Click the "+" next to Windows

- Click the "+" next to CurrentVersion

- Click the "+" next to Uninstall

- Right click & delete the key labelled:

- Football Manager fields

* For Steam:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

• Administrators

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

• Administrators

How do I delete my Settings files?

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

1. Click “Start”

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.

• Administrators

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

• Administrators

How do I find my dxdiag?

1. Go to your Start Menu (Windows).

2. XP: Click on Run in the Start Menu. Vista: On the bottom left there should be start search area. Type in Run then press Enter.

3. Type in dxdiag then press Enter.

4. Dxdiag window should open. If it asks you all sorts of license questions just say yes..

5. On the bottom portion of the dxdiag window there should be a button that says Save All or something like that.

6. Save the file as a txt document.

• Administrators

Mac Section:

Mac - Game Unavailable:

Please refer to the following article from Steam’s Knowledgebase and follow thoroughly all the steps mentioned:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831

If the issue persists afterwards, then we will need some information on your computer.

First you should make sure that all Apple updates have been downloaded and installed through the "Software Updates..." option.

In addition please supply us with your system information by following the instructions below:

1. Select "About This Mac..." from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen.

2. Click the "More Info..." button within the About This Mac window.

3. Select "Save as..." from the File menu within the System Profiler application.

4. Change file format type to rich text format and save the report.

Then post your issue within the Technical/Crashes Forum within the Bugs Forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...es-and-Crashes

• Administrators

Mac - XML Parsing Errors:

Please follow the instructions below to solve the XML Parsing Error:

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Finally, type in '~/Library'.

That will bring up your Library and you can now follow the steps below.

1. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

- Go to Sports Interactive

- Go to Football Manager 2012,

- Delete all contents in this folder.

2. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

- Go to Football Manager 2012

3. Remove from Logs following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Logs

• Administrators

Mac - Full Uninstall:

We recommend a quick and easy way to uninstall Football Manager on your Mac by using AppCleaner, a free tool that will remove all traces of Football Manager and Steam.

* Before proceeding please make sure to write down the username and password of your Steam account as you will need them to reinstall afterwards.

You can download AppCleaner from the following link:

http://appcleaner.en.softonic.com/mac

If you prefer not to install third-party application you can follow the guide below.

Full Uninstall Guide (Manually):

This uninstall guide assumes earlier editions of Football Manager were and are still installed such as Football Manager 2010 and 2011.

If this is not the case please delete the Sports Interactive folder instead of the Football Manager 2012 folder as outlined in each individual step:

Start by uninstalling Football Manager 2012 through Steam:

Right-click on Football Manager 2012 and select “Delete Local Content…”

1. Confirm that Football Manager has been removed from the following folder:

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Finally, type in '~/Library'.

Macintosh HD > Users > [Your Mac Username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > common > football manager 2012

2. Remove from the Users section:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Shared

- Delete all contents in this folder

3. Remove from Documents save files:

- Go to Documents

- Delete all contents in this folder

* Save files are stored in the Game Folder located in Football Manager 2010 if you choose to create a backup.

4. Remove from Preferences following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Preferences

5. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

6. Remove from Logs following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Logs

Football Manager 2012 will now be removed from your Apple Mac.

• Administrators

Netbooks:

If you are using a Netbook, the minimum resolution requirements for FM2012 (1024 x 768) will not be met, as the screen resolution of your computer is 1024 x 600.

You can boot the game (avoiding the 'game is already running message') by following these steps:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on Football Manager 2012 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM12 through Steam

Typically Netbooks offer fewer features compared with Notebooks and Desktop computers; for example, less processing power and reduced ability to run resource-intensive operating systems. Based upon this, you will need to refer to the System Manufacturer to confirm that your computer is designed for resource-intensive games such as Football Manager 2012. SEGA and SI do not offer support for this game on Netbooks.

• Administrators

Region Availability - Germany:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in Germany due to licensing issues.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in German shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in Germany, including Steam.

However, if you live in Germany, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country; e.g. UK) and play the game on Steam.

We hope this information is of use. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any query related to our products.

• Administrators

Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in these countries.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in this country, including Steam.

However, if you would like to play this game, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country) and play the game on Steam.

We hope this information is of use. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any query related to our products.

• Administrators

Game Requirements:

The requirements for Football Manager 2012 are as below:

PC System Requirements

Processor: XP - 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 - 2.0GHz or Faster. Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon.

Memory: XP - 512MB RAM, Vista/W7 - 1.0GB RAM

Graphics: 128MB*

Supported Chipsets - Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

*Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

**Earlier cards may require the DirectX 9.0 SDK is installed to run the game. This can be downloaded from the following url:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

**Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

DirectX®: 9.0c

Hard Drive: 2GB

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

LAN: TCP/IP compliant

REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL

Mac System Requirements

Processor: Intel Processor

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 or greater.

Hard Drive: 2GB

REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION TO INSTALL

• Administrators

Issue with the game when running Spyware Doctor

Add the fm.exe to the "Global Action List" from the "Settings" menu

Make sure Spyware Doctor is set to 'Game Mode'

The game should now run.

The FM.exe can be found at: C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012

• Administrators

Am informed my game is 'Not an Original'

This is related to a program called Threatfire - we very much recommend uninstalling this to definitely run the game. We're looking into a way around this, but currently due to a conflict with Steam this is the only way to resolve the issue.

• Administrators

Get the Message "Warning: did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots on game launch

It relates to the "skin cache" file called fm2012.skc.

You can delete the preferences and cache from the library folder, Steam does write to these folders.

1. Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

Another simple way around is to disable the "use skin cache" tick box in the preferences panel.

• Administrators

Game Crashes after pre-match Team Talk or when going to a match

Normally this is related to either the user running a large amount of players and leagues, more than their system is able to hanlde.

However, we've also encountered issues where users are not running their latest graphics card drivers.

For your graphics card drivers, if you're already aware of your graphics card type, the majority of graphics card websites have 'auto-checkers' which can scan your system and find the correct card. They can be found here for the following makes:

AMD/ATI - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Intel - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Nvidia GeForce - http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

If after updating it still isn't working correctly, as a workaround we suggest turning 'Stadiums' off in the FM preferences (Under Display and Sound).

If this doesn't work, we suggest turning all of 3D off and running in 2D to see whether this works.

• Administrators

Programs and Anti-Virus Programs which may cause issues with Steam

There are a number of programs which are known to sometimes cause issues when running Steam. Any applications running in the background may negatively affect your games or Steam itself. Certain applications can lead to more serious issues such as limited connectivity and game crashes. It is highly recommended that you close all background applications before launching Steam to ensure the best performance and stability. After you are done playing, feel free to re-enable these applications.

A list of all these applications can be found at the following link - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9828-SFLZ-9289

• Administrators

Deleting your Cache on a Mac

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Hold down your 'Alt' key whilst 'Go' is selected and 'Library' will appear and you can now follow the steps below.

Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Caches

• Administrators

Cannot Connect to Steam or being told Steam is unavailable

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

• Administrators

You get a DEP or Data Execution Prevention error message

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention.

Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

Select "Add", navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam (or your default Steam directory), and add Steam.exe to the exception list.

Additionally, you will need to add the executable (hl2.exe, for example) for any game you are seeing issues with. These files will either be in Steam\steamapps\common\<Game Title> or in \Steam\steamapps\<Your Steam Account Name>\<Game Title>

• Administrators

Obtaining a Belarc report

If requested, please try installing Belarc (as shown here - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)

Once this is done it should automatically compile a report. Once this is finished, within your browser go to File -> 'Save As' and send the HTML file in an email to neil.brock[at]sigames.com

Include your forum username and a brief description of what your issue is in the email.

• Administrators

How do I delete my Editor Cache files?

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

4. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

1. Click “Start”

5. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

• Administrators

I have a Mac with dual-graphics card system but I am experiencing crashes when trying to run 3D.

Go to System Preferences

Go to Energy Saving.

Set Graphics to Higher Performance

When Prompted, Log Out.

Log back in again to load Steam and Football Manager.

Please note that it will utilise the higher graphics card for your system for Football Manager.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Game crashing when running on a machine with Nvidia and Intel dual graphics

1. Go to "control panel" and open "NVIDIA control panel".

2. Under "3D settings" and "program settings" add "fm.exe" found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 or where you have your program file.

3. Choose "Integrated graphics" as main graphic processor for this program (instead of NVIDIA processor or global settings).

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Mac - How do I post my System Profile?

For 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and above:

1. Go to the Apple logo on the Taskbar and click "About this Mac".

2. Click the "More Info..." button.

3. On the Taskbar, it will now show that System Profiler is running.

4. Click 'View' on the Taskbar and then select "Mini Profile".

5. Click File and then Save As... to Save the file as a Text File (RTF).

6. Open the file and copy and paste the information into your post.

For 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and above:

1. Go to the Apple logo on the Taskbar and click "About this Mac".

2. Click the "System Report" button.

3. On the Taskbar, it will now show that System Information is running.

4. Click 'File' on the Taskbar and then select "Show less information".

5. Click File and then Save... then save the file.

6. PM the SI Member responding to your query for an email address to send this information

• Administrators

Mac - How do I post a Crash Report?

If you get the error message "The application Football Manager has quit unexpectedly", it will be helpful in diagnosing your issue by posting your crash report.

To do so, follow these instructions when you get the error message:

1. Click 'Report...' on the "The application Football Manager has quit unexpectedly" pop-up.

2. Copy the text in the Problem Details and System Configuration into a text file using TextEdit before copying it into a forum post.

3. When posting this on the forums, this can be quite long so you will need to enclose it with "code" before the post, and "/code" after the post (replacing the quotation " " marks with square [ ] brackets).

4. This will allow your post to appear on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Mac - 'Steam needs to be online to update' but I am already online

Follow these instructions if you are on a Mac and you get a popup stating "Steam needs to be online to update", even though you are already connected to the internet.

*Please note that on Mac OS X Lion the Macintosh HD is hidden: Open a Finder window then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Hold down your 'Alt' key whilst 'Go' is selected and 'Library' will appear and you can now follow the steps below.

1. Remove the registry.vdf file:

- Go to Finder

- Go to Macintosh HD

- Go to Users

- Go to Library

- Go to Application Support

- Go to Steam

- Delete the file registry.vdf

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Game Crashes upon Launch Issues - Most Common Reasons

If once you've installed the game via Steam it will not launch, it is most likely due to one of three reasons:

- There is a conflict with your systems anti-virus/spyware scanning software

- Your Graphics Card Drivers are out of date/not installed

- Your Sound Card Drivers are not installed

For the anti-virus/spyware scanning software, if you've already tried setting the FM.exe to your exceptions list, try uninstalling the anti-virus (making sure first that Windows Firewall is ON so you remain protected) then trying to launch the game. If this works then it's a conflicting issue with Steam. We're aware of issues mainly with BitDefender, Spyware Doctor and AVG.

For your graphics card drivers, if you're already aware of your graphics card type, the majority of graphics card websites have 'auto-checkers' which can scan your system and find the correct card. They can be found here for the following makes:

AMD/ATI - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Intel - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Nvidia - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Nvidia GeForce - http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

For your sound drivers, very often the make of the computer (say Dell, Sony or Aspire) will have links on their websites for their own drivers. We very much suggest checking with the company that created your laptop/desktop for audio drivers.

• Administrators

Editor Issues - Editor running in Green or not starting correctly

If you installed the FM2012 Editor before installing FM2012 please uninstall the editor and re-install. Hopefully this will fix any issue.

If you are having one of the following issues can you please try steps below to fix your issue.

- When Loading Editor get error “Editor has stopped working”

- When loading the editor nothing happens

- The Editor crashes on launch

- You get Font errors on launching the editor

- Get error “"You can't open the application Editor because it is not supported on this type of Mac"

- Upon loading the editor you get a green screen and the editor cannot be used succesfully.

Step 1

- Delete your cache and reload the editor.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

My Computer

'Organize'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

4. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

1. Click “Start”

5. Go to the “Editor 2012” Folder.

Step 2

- If the above did not work can you try deleting your cache, uninstalling FM2012 Editor, restarting your computer and then re-installing the Editor.

Step 3

- If neither of the above has worked can you try verifying integrity of game cache on FM2012 which can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184719 then repeat Step 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My Save Game can no longer be loaded

If you have a corrupted save please create your OWN THREAD HERE and answer the following questions:

What happened the last time you saved your save game - was it interrupted in any way? Did you shut down immediately after saving? Did you encounter any XML error messages?

What version of the game are you running?

How many leagues were you running in your save with what sized db?

Do you know which leagues they were?

Have you used the add/remove function at all?

Have you used the Editor/Advanced Editor or FMRTE? If so what changes have you made with which one?

Have you got any backup save games? If so do these still load?

Can you please post your dxdiag for us? Dxdiag details are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184733

Can you please upload any broken saves to our FTP so we can take a look - FTP details are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...P-Instructions

Please remember to let us know what your save game file is called.

Archived