+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has The Long Term Team Building A.I Improved for 2012?

Amateur

Default Has The Long Term Team Building A.I Improved for 2012?

Can't test this in the demo so have to ask this. While newgen system has been constantly tweaked and improved, one problem with all the previous FM series is that after a couple of seasons, the A.I managers for the top clubs are not very good at replacing the aging stars, as a result making the game way less challenging as compared to the 1st season. Has the algorithm code for A.I squad building been improved or it is still the same with FM 2011?

Amateur

I think they would have bragged about it in the pre-release blogs if it was.

Part-Timer

I think we'll have to wait and see. The AI appeared to go after uncontracted good players in the demo in quite a competitive fashion, but that may have been a function of the small database.

Amateur

great question as man city always bought rubbish players on ridiculas wage which just rot in th reserves

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RossArsenal View Post
    great question as man city always bought rubbish players on ridiculas wage which just rot in th reserves
    Sounds pretty realistic

I haven't noticed any changes to the opposition AI in the demo. Even simple stuff like transfer behavior seems largely unchanged with the usual "quirks" still intact (e.g., clubs constantly spamming equivalent bids for youngsters, making counter-offers to counter-offers that are worse than the original offer, etc.), so I'd say it's a safe bet that squad-building is unchanged, especially since they would surely be advertising such an important overhaul.
    Last edited by The Hand of God; 20-10-2011 at 20:32.

+ Reply to Thread