+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,500 of 5234

Thread: FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Semi Pro

LLR - Zaragoza looks like a solid keeper. I think it is wise for you to keep the team intact for the new season. You have quality across the board and with less games and a more gelled team you can certainly expect better performances.

aldojags - it is the same as LLR for me when it comes to goalkeepers, not an attribute I look much into as I haven't had a keeper do something crazy so far. Seeing as Ceyhun Demircan's highest goalkeeping attribute is Eccentricty along with Kicking I will keep an eye open though now you have mentioned it.

Rlipscombe & LLR - the homegrown rule in Europe was something I struggled with at Real, I could never bring in quality youngsters with the money I had, so always had to go a little bit older, and with no restrictions at domestic level I just left it as a problem to solve once I was in Europe. In Turkey the restrictions are a lot larger, with only 6 out of the first 11 allowed to be foreign, so automatically I will have to look a lot more at young Turkish talent. I may be well ahead of myself but this summer I have already brought in three Turkish 18 year olds with potential to at least play in the second tier. This and the fact that my first youth product got a U19 call-up already makes me feel like I have started the challenge a lot better in this aspect this time around.

Amateur

The reason I've mentioned it as I've had a few scouts warn me under the part "weakness" in the scout report, it's listed as a weakness they have high eccentricity. the report always says somethin along the lines of unpredictable style of goalkeeping etc. Might not that be that significant, but unless the keeper is unbelievably good in other areas, I normally bypass the ones with high eccentricity.

My heart is broken...my youth prospect that I've bored you all with past few seasons in my game - Jimmy Donaldson, has gained French Nationality and is now playing for French U-19's after playing for Scotland U-19's last season! He's went from being touted as the next Davie Weir, to the next Laurent Koscielny. The whole reason I persisted with him was because I wanted to try and develop a player for the Scotland national team, and then he goes and switches allegiance! I don't know what to do, feel like releasing him for treason, or fining him! But I'll keep going with him, there's no way this guy will ever be good enough to play for first team of France, so still hoping I'll produce a Scotland international as my first real youth product with Viry-Chatillon. But I still feel betrayed, like the bit in Braveheart where William Wallace sees Robert the Bruce has sided with the English, just heartbreaking! hahaha
    Last edited by aldojags; 14-05-2012 at 11:39.

Semi Pro

Hahahaha, I feel your pain! As a Brazilian I don't think I would ever be able to get one of my youth products into the national side, would be cool to hava a half Brazilian playing for the Turkish national team though...

Third Team

Corinthiano - I get a lot of my youngsters in very cheap, some even free, I run a secondary shortlist called, "Players to sign" - and I put a bunch of youth targets in there with the hope if I can't afford them right away I can shortly or offer when 6 months left on contract.

Aldojags - Well that's no good, terrible choice by the young man. I would like to even have a New Zealander come through the youth system, pretty sure if I got one who was half decent he would make the national side. My latest Youth Prospect has a 0.5 star potential, but has South Sudan as a nationality, thought I should try and get him into the national side of the newest nation in the world.

Semi Pro

That is a very good idea LLR, cheers for that. I have come across that situation plenty of times where I just think no chance of signing him. Will start putting that kind of player ona shortlist from now on

Amateur

Default Real Massama Season 2012-13

Ramon Ramirez's
    Real Massama
    2013/2014
    Recap

Pre-season:
    After last season's 6th place, I was very confident I would be able to build a strong enough squad to fight for promotion. I knew I had to do a lot of cleaning up in my squad, due to the enormous amount of players I had. I basically let most of the contracts run out and gave away the players I deemed surplus. It was a busy silly season, with a few players coming in, and lots of them going out. As I usually do, I arranged friendlies with the strongest teams I could find. The boys played really well against the Premier League teams we faced (2W-3L-1D), which assured me we had a shot.

Taca de Portugal:
    This season, we got to the third round of the portuguese Cup. We beat Moura(1-0), and Serzedelo(2-0), before we met Braga in the third round.That was a very good game, but unfortunately we lost on the PKs. Once again, I thought it was a good indicator of the quality of my team, we didn't shy away from almighty Braga, and made them earn their win.

Portuguese Second Division- South:
    This season was tough, we faced tough competition from Oriental, and even with our outstanding first turn record (12W-2L-1D), we found ourselves second. The title race went all the way until the very last day, when I was finally able to claim the title. The second turn was ugly, and my record is anything but impressive, if compared to the first turn (8W-2L-5D). Luckily, Oriental had a second turn even worse than mine, allowing me to climb up and snatch the first spot with 2 rounds to go.
    For me this season only helped prove the old saying "A great offense wins games, but a great defense wins championships." As you can see, we had by far the best defense, and Oriental had the best offense, but in the very end we won. (I feel really good about that, not gonna lie.)

Play-offs:
    After a long a hard fought battle to win the Division title, the job wasn't done just yet. We still had to face Oliveirense and Moreirense for the right to be promoted. We lost against Moreirense in our first game, and tied the second against Oliveirense. By game 3, I was very nervous. I had this feeling that I wasn't going to make it, and that after a long season the promotion dreams would be shattered. Yet, the team was able to turn things around and win the last two games. We got the top spot, and we are on promotion away from the top league!

Key Players:
    GK:
    12. Assis Joined the team in the beginning of the season, and immediately became the first choice. Our goalkeeper, the man behind the best defense in the division, and the man who prevented Wins from becoming ties. A good goalkeeper does make a difference, and Assis definitely made a difference this season.
    DC: 15.Renan Felipe After joining the team during the previous winter, Renan Felipe adapted himself to our style of play, and the rest of the team. By the beginning of this season, it was already obvious who would be the main man in front of the keeper.
    FB: 3.Alex Kakuba After being the star of the team the previous season, Kakuba faced some problems with injury, and constant travel for international duty. Nevertheless, he still managed to be a big influence playing in both sides of the pitch. In fact I wich I could clone him so I could play him in both sides at the same time.
    AMR: 11.Fabio Martins Hands down our star player, best scorer, most assists, this kid was absolute class. Without him, we wouldn't even be a contender.
    ST: 9.Diego Zaporo Our lone striker, who is an assist machine. My system usually works with a striker who can assist rather than score, and Diego did the job perfectly. I'm glad he decided to lower his contract demands and stay with us for one more season.

Future:
    We just turned professional, and moved up to a way stronger league. The goal is to try to hang in there this season, and build a squad for the future. I can't wait to see how it goes.

Semi Pro

Great season Manku, well done on getting out of the the third tier, it is such a difficult to get out of of! Best of luck for next season, but be prepared for a long tense battle. If your game turns the same way as mine your club will have by far the worst reputation and wage budget, meaning attracting decent players will be tough.

Amateur

Well done manku, sure you'll do fine in the next tier now you've turned professional.

LLR- South Sudan? That a real country? Never saw a player with that nationality before!

Semi Pro

South Sudan is the worlds newest country - wiki

I am surprised FM have included them already, although I can't imagine they actually play anything other than friendlies.

EDIT - sorry, hadn't noticed LLR already mentioned they are the newest country. Oh well, at least the wiki might be interesting
    Last edited by corinthiano; 15-05-2012 at 10:07.

Amateur

Yeah had a read at it, they don't have FIFA membership yet, so surprising to see them in the game.

Youth Team

I'm back again with FM life slowly moving along between bouts of thesis research and writing.... In fact, it's been so slow I've just finished the 2026-27 season and then realised I forgot to report on 2025/26!!

Congrats to everyone who has made progress in the challenge (too many since my last post to count!) and welcome to the new challengers.

Corinthiano - good to see you back in the challenge not only with a Turkish side but with an Ankara team as well (I've been to see Hacetteppe play a couple of times!) They are well known for producing decent youngsters who then get snapped up by the bigger Ankara teams before getting snapped up once more by the Istanbul 'Big 3'.

Back-to-back reports coming up!

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags View Post
    Yeah had a read at it, they don't have FIFA membership yet, so surprising to see them in the game.
    There is also place in the game for Basque (Not a FIFA member), Tuvalu, and I am sure there are others I just can't think of them I thought it was pretty cool to get a regen from South Sudan...random, but cool

Semi Pro

DodgeeD - great to see you back too, even more so now you can answer random questions on the Turkish leagues

Great to hear that Hacetteppe are know for producing youngsters, I think this is well reflected in the game seeing as the youth facilities are pretty good and some very decent players have come through the first two youth intakes. It is about another Ankara team I wanted to ask you a question: is Ankaragücü in a huge mess? I read on wiki that they have had some financial problems and saw they got relegated by quite a distance this season. In my game they have gone down all the way to the 2. Lig and are even in danger of being relegated again!! I don't think I have ever seen such a rapid fall! Are you from Ankara btw? Or lived there for a while?

Look forward to hearing about your last couple of seasons with Afyonkarahisarspor, in my save the buggers have inflicted my only league defeat of the season so far!

Amateur

LLR- I agree, shows great detail. I've saw Basque too, but you can't click on them to see their team. I take it South Sudan is the same?

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2025/26 Season Review

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 1st
    Championship Group: Winners!!
    (qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)
    Turkish Cup: Quarter-finalists
    Super Cup: Winners!!
    Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage
    Europa League: Quarter-finalists

Premier Division
    We had a good solid season, only losing twice. We led the way from about January onwards but we also had Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş snapping at our heels most of the way as all of the top three reached/passed the 80 point mark.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    As usual, the points were halved for the championship play-off and a defeat to Fenerbahçe in the opening match meant we dropped to second. We responded well wining the next 4 on the trot as the other teams beat each other allowing us to claim a 5th straight title!
    Final standings

Super Cup
    City rivals Gençlerbirliği were no match for us in the season curtain raiser.

Turkish Cup
    We breezed through the first couple of rounds only to come unstuck in the quarter-finals where Gençlerbirilği got revenge for that early season Super Cup match with a 2-0 win.

Champions League
    A tough start as we travelled to Old Trafford and inevitably lost to Man U. We then got a big win away to Ajax followed by back-to-back wins over Salzburg. All seemed set for qualification before disaster struck as we lost to both Man U and Ajax at home, consigning us to 3rd and a Europa League spot.
    Final Group Table

Europa League
    APOEL were our first opponents and were easily beaten to set up a 2nd Knockout Round tie with Juventus, the side who beat us in the Europa League final back in 2023. Revenge was sweet as we beat them 2-0 home and away to move into the quarter-finals. There we faced Arsenal. A 1-0 win at home in the first leg was a good start but we couldn’t follow it up as we lost 3-0 at the Emirates and said goodbye to Europe for another season.

The Squad: Transfers
    The usual clear-out of fringe and youth players was accompanied by some big money departures as right-back Berkan Yemiş went to Man City for 12.5 million TL and French winger Delahaye went to Villareal for a similar amount. Delahaye’s replacement came in the shape of a promising young Turkish winger from the German leagues, Mustafa Sağlik, with a couple of youngsters joining him – Louis Rosseau would turn out to be the pick of them.

The Squad: Key Players
    Akif Kılınç (DR) – the reason I was happy to sell m first-choice right back to Man City! Cemented his place in the first team and became a regular in the national side too.
    Carlos Silva (DL) – took Turkish citizenship at the start of the season but then got called up and capped by his native Portugal. Very consistent on the left side of defence, enough so to win the Premier League Defender of the Year award and be the only Keçiörengücü player in the league’s Team of the Year.
    Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Injuries restricted him to just 29 appearances this season but he was always first choice when fit..
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – Also blighted by injuries this season but crucial as our most senior player.
    Marius Dragut (MC) – The driving force of our midfield.
    Mustafa Sağlık (AMR) – Came in as back-up but was a regular starter in the second half of the season.
    Erman Ergin (ST) – Struggled with injuries during the season but when he was fit and scoring, we were winning.
    Alexandre Tavares (ST) *screenshot missing* – Started the season in great form and won the Footballer of the Year in Turkey award only to have his season ended in early December by a broken foot. Here’s hoping he can bounce back next season.

The Squad: Ones to watch
    Atahan Şen (YP9.2) continued his development with some great performances and Emrah Özkan (YP7) provided high quality back-up to our first choice strikers. Fırat Pak (YP11) added to our fine tradition of youth team products with a very good debut season covering at right-back. From outside our youth academy, Kaan Uygun seems to have found his position as a left-winger and Loris Rousseau had a fine first season with the club.

The Season Ahead…
    Report coming up…

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe       | Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
    2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
    2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
    2024-25 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Finalists   | CL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
    2025-26 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Quarters    | EL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by corinthiano View Post
    DodgeeD - great to see you back too, even more so now you can answer random questions on the Turkish leagues

Great to hear that Hacetteppe are know for producing youngsters, I think this is well reflected in the game seeing as the youth facilities are pretty good and some very decent players have come through the first two youth intakes. It is about another Ankara team I wanted to ask you a question: is Ankaragücü in a huge mess? I read on wiki that they have had some financial problems and saw they got relegated by quite a distance this season. In my game they have gone down all the way to the 2. Lig and are even in danger of being relegated again!! I don't think I have ever seen such a rapid fall! Are you from Ankara btw? Or lived there for a while?

Look forward to hearing about your last couple of seasons with Afyonkarahisarspor, in my save the buggers have inflicted my only league defeat of the season so far!
    You'll have plenty of questions once you get involved in the European places play-offs!

Ankaragücü had an awful season - bottom of the league with 11 points... Financial problems are a reality for many of the smaller teams here due to the absolute dominance of the big Istanbul teams and Trabzonspor. Ankaragücü regularly get gates of just about 2,000, don't own their stadium and have wasted cahs on journeyman foreign 'stars' and over-rated local players. I wouldn't be surprised if they are relegated again next year.

I'm from England originally but have been in Ankara for about 12 years now.

Btw, as you'll see from the above report, I'm managing Keçiörengücü raather than Afyonkarakisarspor.

Amateur

well done on your consecutive titles dodgeed. Dragut is a beast, and at only 20 I think you've got a superstar on your hands in a few years time.

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2025/26 Season Review

Quick Overview
    Premier Division: 1st
    Championship Group: Winners!!
    (qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)
    Turkish Cup: Winners!!
    Super Cup: Winners!!
    Champions League: 1st Knockout Round

Premier Division
    Walked it! Undefeated with only 8 points dropped meant we topped the table by some distance.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    Even after the points were halved, we still a lead of 9 points. There was a minor hic-cup in our first game as we blew a two-goal lead at Beşiktaş to draw 2-2 but we were dominant after that, sealing the title with 2 games to spare as we humiliated Fenerbahçe in front of their own fans.
    Final standings

Super Cup
    Gençlerbiriliği again. We scored 6. They scored 1.

Turkish Cup
    The early rounds were negotiated with little trouble until we reached the semis and Trabzonspor. We needed extra time to see them off 4-2 and set up a final with Galatasaray. That game went all the way to penalties but we held our nerve to win the shoot-out and complete the double!.

Champions League
    This time, our domestic form transferred over to the Champions League as we stormed through the group stage, winning 6 out of 6 including two victories over Inter Milan. Celtic and Dinamo were just there to make up the numbers.
    Final Group Table

Our opponents in the knockout round were Chelsea. We took an early lead at Stamford Bridge but the home side would rally and inflict our only defeat of the entire season upon us as they won 3-1. That one defeat would be decisive as, despite a valiant fight back, we could only win 2-1 at home and bowed out 4-3 on aggregate.

The Squad: Transfers
    Big money came in this season as three major departures brought in 53 million TL. In the summer, I accepted a 19 million bid for my Danish goalie Sorenson and in January, Argentine striker Luis Petcoff, who was unhappy about lack of game time, moved for 20 million to Galatasaray (and promptly got injured!). We also made a neat profit as Portuguese winger Hugo Miranda joined on a free from Sporting in the summer and transferred for 12 million to Lecce a few months later.

Of the players to come in, I had high hopes for young Argentine/Spanish attacking midfielder Claudio Garcia Rémon as well as 20 year-old French keeper Jean-Baptiste Kalimunda.

The Squad: Key Players
    Jean-Baptiste Kalimunda (GK) – what a great signing! Very quickly claimed the number 1 jersey and ended the season with the league’s Goalkeeper of the Year award and a spot in the Team of the Year – could be a great keeper for us for many years.
    Fırat Pak (DR) – a long-term injury to Akif Kılınç meant an extended run in the side for the 17 year-old which he handled very well.
    Carlos Silva (DL) – consistent yet again but bizarrely now playing for Switzerland after being capped by Portugal last year!
    Ariel Domini (DC)With Kadir Alagöz injured for most of the first half of the season, I relied on Domini to fill his boots.
    Renato Gaucho (DC) – also stepped up to the challenge of replacing Alagöz.
    Kadir Alagöz (DC) – İnjured for 6 months early in the season but came back and reminded us what he’s all about.
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – Not quite as good as he was a few seasons ago but still a key member of the squad.
    Marius Dragut (MC) – more of the same!
    Mustafa Sağlık (AMR) – Again, did well, was named Turkish Cup Player of the Year and earned 3 caps for Turkey.
    Kaan Uygun (AML) – now established as our first choice left-winger.
    Erman Ergin (ST) – Top scorer for the season with his goals in the league and in Europe (including a Messi-esque 5 in one game against Dinamo). Provided plenty of assists as well, helping him to be named Footballer of the Year in Turkey.
    Emrah Özkan (ST) - really made his mark towards the end of the season with some match-winning performances. Also scored a hat-trick on his Turkey debut and was the Turkish Cup Top Scorer.
    Alexandre Tavares (ST) – Came back in style to become our top scorer in the league once again.

The Squad: Ones to watch
    Claudia Garcia Rémon had a very good first season, providing solid cover for Dragut and getting called up to the Spanish U21s. Loris Rousseau also continued his progress with us as did Ömer Öcal, who bagged a few goals for the first team after a couple of seasons off on loan at our feeder clubs.

The Season Ahead…
    We have new sponsorship deals this season and our stadium is about to be expanded to just under 17,000 seats. That, coupled with continued Champions League qualification and transfer income means we are financially very secure. However, instead of spending big, I may use the chance to renew some contracts as Ergin, Alagöz, Domini and Tavares all have less than 2 years to go on their contracts and will probably be asking for big bucks to stay.

On the pitch, I’ll be looking to progress in Europe. A few seasons ago, we were getting close with a Europa League final appearance and a run to the semis of the Champions League. Since then, we’ve slipped back a little so getting to the last four once again will have to be the aim…

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe       | Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
    2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
    2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
    2024-25 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Finalists   | CL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
    2025-26 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Quarters    | EL Quarters  | League Champions; Super Cup Winners
    2026-27 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | Winners     | CL 1st KO    | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners

Youth Team

well done on your consecutive titles dodgeed. Dragut is a beast, and at only 20 I think you've got a superstar on your hands in a few years time.
    Cheers aldojags

Dragut is indeed a beast - that pace means he surges forward very quickly. A shame he's not a better finisher though as I could get him to score a few!

Amateur

Yeah he is a total athlete.

Tavares put in a phenomenal season after his injury last year. And your keeper looks brilliant, and I tend to find keepers keep improving until mid-late 20s particularly mentally and communication etc so you've got a gem there.

I just qualified for knockout phases of Europa league, stealing 1st place in the Group from Dynamo Kiev courtesy of a 7-2 victory away to RB Salzburg. Was my reserve team with 4 u19s playing also, including a 16 yr old keeper, and 2 17 yr old defenders, one of which being Jimmy "The Traitor" Donaldson, scored his first ever goal for the club.

Just got this guy lined up on pre-contract...John Larsson.

Semi Pro

Oops DodgeeD - sorry about that, there are a couple of purple teams and the names are quite difficult to remember lol, I forgive your team for not beating me then!

I am amazed by the youngsters you keep producing, they are absolutely amazing. A shame about the European campaigns, but I am sure with the youngsters maturing you will be able to progress further in europe in the next few seasons.

I just read up on Keçiorengücü, they are also from Ankara and were founded as Hacettepe, is that right? Why do Turkish teams change names so much, do they get bored?

EDIT - aldojags - Larsson looks awesome! And that is an impressive win agains Salzburg, mainly with the side you put out. You reckon you can go all te way in the Europa League?
    Last edited by corinthiano; 15-05-2012 at 21:18.

Amateur

corinthiano - nah I doubt it, still really debating whether to take it seriously or not. My absolute priority is finish top 3 in the league, which I'm on course for, but that's because I've only played reserve players in Europa so far, if I started taking it seriously, I worry my league form would suffer. Got Celtic in the first knockout round, then if I win that, got Malaga or Tottenham, so all 3 of those teams could be tough, haven't decided what to do yet!

Yeah Larsson looks the part, looking forward to getting him in the summer!

Amateur

My recruitment for next season continues with another bargain bosman on a pre-contract - Pep Remedious from Real Madrid, this guy looks phenomenal!

Third Team

LLR- I agree, shows great detail. I've saw Basque too, but you can't click on them to see their team. I take it South Sudan is the same?
    It seems the South Sudan team is actually there, though they have no real players, and only ever play friendlies, I would be guessing they are in as they are an actual nation, as opposed to Basque which is not (Not trying to stir anything up, but I am speaking recognised nations), seems the same for Tuvalu & Kiribati, which both also compete in the Pacific Games, but not in anything else.

Semi Pro

aldojags - another absolute gem you got yourself there. If you don't get into the top 3 this season then you surely will next season with those kind of signings!

LLR - Seems realistic to me that Sudan only play friendlies, they aren't even a CAF member yet and I think it would have been precipitated to include them in official competitions in the game. It is a shame though that you can't view the Basque Nation, they do play a few friendlies IRL so it would be cool to be able to do that in the game as well.

Third Team

Corinthiano - Would be quite cool to play as Basque, but I would be guessing it is an issue with regions rather than nations, not really sure though.

Amateur

corinthiano - yeah I'm pleased with both signings. Sitting 3rd at the minute, end of January. Played well most of the season, see no reason why I can't finish top 3. 2nd would be great, get straight into Group Stages of Champ League, but PSG & OM are looking too strong at present.

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Club History
    Anthony Heath
    Club Information

Decided to give the challenge a go.

First Action: Clear out dead wood and strengthen the side
    Season Aim: Mid table finish.

Youth Team

@ corinthiano, LLR and aldojags - I think Basque is only in the game as a 'nationality' so the 'basque-only' policy at Bilbao can be implemented. Non-FIFA countries like South Sudan, Guadeloupe and Reunion can play friendlies or enter regional tournaments as they do in real life but doing the Basque or Catalonia friendlies would probably cause issues with the nation a player is eligible for in the game. I had it once (back on FM 08 I think) when I was manager of the French team for a while and found a real gem of a player but he had been capped by Reunion so I couldn't pick him!

aldojags - I was very happy with Tavares' comeback. For some reason, my coaches don't rate him anymore (2.5 stars compared to 4.5 pre-injury) and are always telling me to drop him. I did have another stirker (Nicky Woodford) who was great until two serious injuries left him a shadow of what he was, which made Tavares' return all the sweeter. Good luck with the rest of the season and the push for a top 3 spot - looks like you have two good prospects coming in next season

corinthiano - I think it's a case of teams folding and being refounded that explains the name changes. As it happens, your Hacettepe only became Hacettepe a few years ago. Before that they were known as Gençlerbirliği OFTAŞ and were essentially the B team of Gençlerbiriliği (who should still be in the Premier Division in your game). However, they won promotion to the top flight and were faced with a choice of either severing all ties with their parent club or being denied promotion. They chose the former and as a result changed their name. It didn't do them much good though as they then suffered consecutive relegations thus making them eligible for this challenge!

La Furia Roja - welcome to the challenge and best of luck in Germany.

Youth Team

Looks like this season may be tough....

I was delighted to see we were among the second seeds in the Champions League draw. Inter, who we beat last season, were also placed in our group but who did we get from pot 3? Bayern Munich! And pot 4? CSKA Moscow!!

On the contract front, I've negotiated new deals with Kadir Alagöz and Erman Ergin (both are now on 145k TL p/w) but the others with less than two years on their deals are demanding 250k-350k. My board won't sanction anything above 150k so I may end up having one last season with them before having to sell and revamp the squad a bit.

Amateur

Got a bit of a dilemma, Lubos Matta is wanting to leave for a bigger club, I'm in 20th Jan and my assistant has warned me Matta "will be forced to take things further" if i dont sell him, he's transfer listed by request, Sevilla are interested, but what else can I do? For £6m, he's not exactly been a raging success, but I still think he's got potential, don't want to sell, but after these next few months he's got 2 yr left on his deal. My instinct is to play hard ball, try and keep him, but obviously I want to cash in if I can, so was thinking of offering him out for like £10m with a 50% next sale fee, see if anyone bites. He's got a bloody cheek wanting to leave, he's nowhere near proved himself with us yet, paid £6m quid for him, and he's scored like 20 goals in 18 months, hardly form that would have a big club sniffing around. But his stats look phenomenal so surely he'll come good.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    @ corinthiano, LLR and aldojags - Non-FIFA countries like South Sudan, Guadeloupe and Reunion!
    That all makes some sense, just as a side though, I currently have these three nationalities in my side:
    Charles Yohans (DL) is Reunion/French
    Mach Lokiru (MLC) is Spanish/South Sudanese
    Jacques Nangis (ML) is French/Guadeloupe

My Current 18 man match-day squad is broken down as follows:
    CZE: 3
    FRA: 2
    DEN: 2
    ARG: 1
    ENG: 1
    WAL: 1
    TUR: 1
    GEO: 1
    BRA/AUT: 1
    CMR/BEN: 1
    FRA/GPE: 1
    SUI/BIH: 1
    ARG/ESP: 1
    SRB/HUN: 1

Then my other players who make appearances represent the following nations:
    GER/RUS/BEL/MEX/CAN/POR

So that is 18 different nationalities in my normal matchday squad, but only one Spanish player (Jesus Montiquin - Naturalised) which is a bit sad, but the best Spanish players seem to cost a fair amount whereas I can buy ample replacements from around the globe quite cheaply.

Youth Team

I've noticed that seems to happen in the game whatever the domestic league is. Currently in my save, any half-decent young Turkish player costs at least 5 million TL, often more, but there are better youngsters from South America and Europe available for half the price. Foriegn restrictions make it tricky so it's a good thing that it's easy to find German players with Turkish as a second nationality

Amateur

LLR I'm the same, French players are too expensive, got 3 Frenchmen usually in 1st team squad, but otherwise my squad is flooded with foriegners.

Just had a look at the 2nd Nationalities of my Under 19's quite a few have a 2nd nationality, quite common for French players I think isn't it? Got Italy, Benin, Central African Republic, Serbia, Morocco, St Pierre + Miquelon, Algeria, & Guadelope, those nationalities have all come through my youth system as 2nd nationalities in the last 2-3 years.

Semi Pro

La Furia Roja - best of luck with RB Leipzig!

DodgeeD - thanks for the explanation, I had read up about Hacettepe and saw the whole Genclerbirligi B team thing, but they also changed their name twice before that! No wonder the attendances in the lower leagues are so poor, don't think the fans can get attached to a team if it keeps changing identity. Also, tough luck on that CL draw, that is a true group of death!

On the whole nationalities front I remember at my Real save the only Portuguese players I had in my first XI were the two Brazilians that naturalized Portuguese and were called by the national side. In this sense I quite like the stricter rules of Turkey, always nicer to do it with at least a few local players. Like DodogeeD mentioned it is handy that there are tons of turkish players in Germany and also a few spread around other European countries. If anyone remembers the awesome LB I had at Real, Seyithan Bilir, he was actually half Danish, half Turkish and started his career at FC Midjtylland.

Ah, also, finished another season with Hacettepe and I only have obe thing to say...I hate those bloody playoffs!!

EDIT - aldojags - makes sense for your youth players to have second nationalities, mainly of the former french colonies. In portugal I had a few players with Guiné-Bissau, Angola and Cape Verde and even Macau as second nationalities.
    Last edited by corinthiano; 17-05-2012 at 08:28.

Amateur
    Sorrento, Italy, Big Euro Nation Challenge

Holstein Kiel

After being forced to take a long break from the beautifull game, Andy Sava is ready for a come back and took charge of his old team from last year's challenge, Holstein Kiel. The staff&fans welcomed him back to the club with open arms and are waiting for another fantastic campaign while he is in charge.

| Manager Profile | Club Information | Squad |

The objective for the first reason is to avoid relegation with a possible mid-table finish and to build the squad for a promotion in the second season.

Updates will be brought troughout the season with major updates after the first part of the season and at the end of the season.

Amateur

Say hello to Ilan Roger, my new youth recruit, a 4 star striker, who at 15 already looks pretty handy. Think I've got a total gem here guys don't you agree? High finishing and composure already. Really pleased with that! Never had a 4 star recruit before! Got a couple of 2 star players aswell which ain't too bad, they usually make for good squad players if they hit their potential, so signed them on too!

You ever seen "spineless" as a personality type in a report? Just noticed it whilst browsing my youth recruits! I'm not signing this guy, don't want a spineless player in the squad!

Welcome to the breach andy sava, good to see new blood on the thread! If your Kevin Schultz turns out as good as iacovones you'll be pleased!

Part-Timer

Fancied a break from my career game, so have tried this challenge again, this time in Spain, with Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa

Founded in 1923, Cultural y Dep. Leonesa are a professional Spanish club currently playing in the Spanish Second Division B1. The club play their home games at Reino de León and possess average training facilities and basic youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and an average youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Los Culturalistas and retains a fierce rivalry with R. Valladolid C.F., S.A.D. and S.D. Ponferradina.

The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success during the 2000s. Although now enduring a thirteen year barren spell, having not won a competition since 1999, Los Culturalistas still have a history of which they can be justly proud. Cultural Leonesa won the Spanish 2nd tier for the only time in 1955, won the Spanish 3rd tier for the only time in 1999 and finished runners-up on three occasions, and won the Spanish 4th tier on five occasions and finished runners-up six times.

Club Overview
    Club Information
    Squad

Season expectations: Top half finish
    Wage p/w: £25,578
    Transfer budget: £15,161

Part-Timer

corinthiano - Hope you get promoted soon, I also totally agree with your hate of playoffs.
    Manku - Congrats for the promotion.
    DodgeeD - Great to see you back and going still going strong in Turkey.
    La Furia Roja - Can see you getting promoted in the first season with RB Leipzig. Good luck.
    Andy Sava - Good luck with Holstein Kiel.
    aldojags - That's a great prospect, I can see him becoming a future French international. The other player's you've brought in look excellent as well, but good youth products always have that special feel about them.
    Crispypaul - Good luck in Spain.

Amateur

crispypaul - good luck to you mate, that club sounds pretty well set up for a rise up the leagues, handsome starting wage budget too, though I don't know the standard of Spanish lower leagues, that may be the norm? Hope u enjoy the challenge

romanista - I hope so, I need to manage him properly, worried I won't develop him properly. I've got 2 "model professional" strikers who are currently tutoring other players, but when they are done I will hook him up with them, and next season begin to introduce him to first team from the bench. But he looks a diamond, I've got 2 strikers at the minute who are 4*, and their stats look world class, so I really hope I bring this kid through right and I could have as you say a French international on my hands. Really looking forward to his progression. got a few 2* PA youngsters who've started and played well in a lot of my Europa League fixtures, so I can't wait to see what Roger will be capable of!

Yeh there's something specially satisfying about playing your homegrown players, real pride when they score/play well! (jealously heads off to read prdh's old updates!)
    Last edited by aldojags; 17-05-2012 at 20:11.

Semi Pro

Andy Sava and Crispypaul, best of luck!

aldojags - Ilan Roger looks pretty good, just got to get his jumping to improve to make sure you can take full advantage of his excellent heading ability.

Part-Timer

Yeh there's something specially satisfying about playing your homegrown players, real pride when they score/play well! (jealously heads off to read prdh's old updates!)
    DodgeeD's as well, he's another that has had some fantastic players come through.

Amateur

I didn't know that, I'll go and have a look at his last post. What players do you know?

Part-Timer

Kadir Alagöz, Eman Ergin and Şahin Kaya are the main ones off the top of my head.

Amateur

bloody hell you're not lying they are quality, especially Ergin, they're all great, but him especially! good on you dodgeed whenever u read this, they are brilliant

edit: what facilities/youth recruitment u got?
    Last edited by aldojags; 17-05-2012 at 21:13.

Semi Pro

Hacettepe Spor Kulübü - 2014/15 Spor Toto 2. Lig

Spor Toto 2. Lig Group A

Media Prediction: 7th
    Board Expectation: Top Half Finish
    My Target: Promotion

League Table: 2nd ǁ Position Graph

We were moved into group A this season and after a good start I was feeling confident it would be our year, as we sat comfortably at the top. Around the halfway mark we started showing worrying signs though, drawing a couple of easy games, letting our competitors get close. Then 3 extremes, first 5 games without a win saw us drop to third, followed by a run of 6 wins, which just about put us on top, but then a dreadful last 5 games saw us lose out first place and head to the playoffs off the back of a poor run again.

Third Place Playoffs

Quarter Final – It was a close game, but Semih Daglar clinched it for us with 5 minutes remaining.

Semi Final – Lost in a tight game to Y. Malatyaspor, a team which we had done the double over the regular league season…

Ziraat Türkiye Kupası

Fixtures

Another First Round loss, we clearly are not a cup team.

Hacettepe

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

We relied much less on loans this season and managed to bring a couple of decent youngsters with potential in too. Overall I was happy with squad depth, which is what kept us in the top positions, as we really struggled with injuries this season.

First XI

GK: Ceyhun Demircan – A much more solid season by Ceyhun, who was been attracting some bids in the off season.
    DR: Fahri Akyol – The half-german was excellent and we really missed him when he was out for 2 months during the season. Voted Fans Player of the Year.
    DC: Emin Ergün – Kept up the solid partnership with Çakir.
    DC: Onur Çakir – Same as above really, can’t complain about those two.
    DL: Servet Gökçen – Replaced the ageing Can Ulun and had a decent season, although he is probably the weakest player in the first eleven.
    DMC: Barbaros Barut – Very solid DM, really imposed himself on attacking players.
    MC: Caner Yilmaz – Went from a back-up role last season to a place in the first team this year and I reckon he can still improve a bit.
    MC: Taner Taktak – Present as always, have to say I have a soft spot for him.
    AMC: Mesut Dogan – Again not 100% happy with him, he is still doing the job but it could be time to replace him if I manage to free up some wage budget.
    ST: Semih Daglar – The real problem position this year, in the end Semih played more times and better than the other strikers along Onur Garip. I have managed to arrange a pre-transfer for the striker who helped knock us out, Ergun Cengiz from Y. Malatyaspor and I am hoping he will help us be deadlier in front of goal next season.
    ST: Onur Garip – A better season from Onur as he broke the club’s league goalscoring record. He now has 39 league goals for Hacettepe.

Others

Emrah Bayram – Can’t really consider him a reserve seeing as he played as much as the other MCs and was equally as solid. It is a position I am very well served in.
    Eyüp Özçelik – Managed to give my youth product some game time this season, at the rate he is progressing he could challenge for a place in the first team soon.
    Mehmet Düz – Brought in the winter to help solve the striker crisis, was a bit of a failure.
    Mümin Bas – Another excellent player to come through our youth setup, scored an amazing 29 goals for the U18s, with an average rating of 7.47. Could well see some first team football next year.

Other News

Finances – At least we are consistent when it comes to losing money, almost a million in the red now.

At least I reached my 100th game for the club, which is always nice.

This Season Targets

1. Promotion, I don’t care how anymore, obviously through a league win would be better. Nope, very frustrating.
    2. Be more consistent and lose less easy points. Not really, our best season points wise, but we should have won a lot more matches, too often teams managed to hold us to goalless draws

Next Season Targets

1. Promotion, just promotion. Nothing else.

All we can do is keep going, at least the squad is getting stronger each year and some awesome youngsters are coming through, can’t say the future doesn’t look promising.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season       League          Pos        Türkiye Kupası        Europe           Other Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13      2. Lig          2nd        Second Round          N/A              Lost in Playoff Semi-Finals
    2013/14      2. Lig          3rd        First Round           N/A              Lost in Playoff Quarter-Finals
    2014/15      2. Lig          2nd        First Round           N/A              Lost in Playoff Semi-Finals

Amateur

yeah corinthiano I think once you get the first promotion you'd climb the leagues pretty quickly. That is really frustrating though, two 2nd place finishes along with a 3rd, you'll get there mate. Who was your first save with again?

Semi Pro

Cheers aldojags, my first save was with Real in Portugal, there it took me 3 seasons in each division to get up, gone past that point with Hacettepe but I am enjoying the save so will keep going on regardless.

Amateur

I just promoted my vice-captain to captain, and nominated another player as vc. The guy who got promoted got mad at me, for replacing him. Does this make sense at all?

Amateur

Ramon Ramirez's
    Real Massama
    2014/2015
    Recap

Transfers
    Squad
    Table

Pre-season:
    After getting promoted last year, I didn't really know what to expect from this season. We had, by far, the lowest reputation and wage cap in the league, and the squad wasn't very strong at all. Unlike last pre-season, this time we got crushed in our preseason friendlies, coming out with an awful record (2W-5L-1D). I was was scrambling for players, and though we had turned pro, the majority of the squad was still part-time. I feared the worst. Eventually I was able to sign some players on loan, who ended up making a difference later on.

Taca de Portugal:
    This season, we started on the 2nd round and faced fairly weaker opposition, humble FC Famalicao. We started the game well, going ahead 2-0 on the first half hour. I got cocky and thought it was won already, so I decided to rest my star players because we had a match in 3 days. I was wrong. Famalicao came back and tied the game on overtime. I made some tactical changes, and we managed to score with 10 minutes to go on extra time, but Famalicao came back and tied the game right away. We went to PKs and, for the third year in a row, I got knock out from the PK spot. I was mad at myself for messing that one up.

Portuguese League Cup:
    It was our first time competing in this competition, and we didn't know what to expect. We bow ou with one loss and two ties, in the the first group stage. Again, I didn't expect much from us so I'm glad we didn't get our butt kicked in all of the games.

Portuguese Second League:
    Overall, it was a good season for us. We avoided relegation, which was our goal. We started the year really slow, and by the 4th game we were (0-2-2) and rock bottom. We were able to gain some momentum and joined the mid-table group. For the rest of the season we just hanged in there. At times we were very close to the top 3 but suddenly our form would drop and we would go down a couple spots. We ended up that low because of our form the last 5 matches, when we were lost 4 out of 5 games. All and all, it was a good season and we learned a lot from it. We ended up in 10th place with a (11W-13L-6D) record, which wasn't too bad in my opinion.

Key Players:
    DC: Filipe Paiva Joined on loan from Belenenses and became Renan Felipe's partner in front of the keeper. He was also our third best scorer, a quality player.
    DL: Mariano Cappi Joined on loan from Portimonense, a quality player and very good offensively. Whoever was the Left Winger, always played better with Cappi behind him.
    FB: Alex Kakuba For the third year in a row, Alex made has been a great influence on both wings. This season, he kept improving, stayed healthy, and ended up getting himself a spot in the Team of the Year.
    AMR: Fabio Martins Not as influential as last season, Martins was still one of the main men at Real. He scored some important goals and assists
    ST: Gael Etock Also on loan, from Academica, was an absolute killer for us. He scored 13 goals in the league, and though he did have a goal drought that drove me crazy for a month, he did make a big difference.

Future:
    We are going to start our second season at this level with the hopes that it might be the last one. I made many changes in the squad, and we got a bigger wage budget, which allowed me to sign some quality players. Hopefully it will be enough to get promoted.

Amateur

manku - well done on a good first season in the new league. Some good loan signings there, something I haven't been able to do yet is get the best out of loan players so looks like you've worked it well. Hopefully your new players will give you the extra push, and if u get off to a good start you'll be in the mix for promotion.

Semi Pro

Manku - well done on surviving the first year in the Second Division, hope you can manage to get promoted next year.

Youth Team
    Stadio Artemio Franchi – Montepaschi Arena, Siena, Italy (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

La Furia Roja - welcome to the challenge and good luck with RB Leipzig!
    Andy Sava - good too see you back. Good luck with Kiel. Enjoying the German additions to the challenge
    Aldojags - Ilan Roger looks like a beast of a striker! Look forward to seeing him develop.
    Corinthiano - seriously unlucky with the play-offs again – sure once you make the breakthrough you’ll kick on well.
    Manku - well done on survival in Liga Orangina – survival is key first season in a new league. Good luck next season.

As for Mannheim, another season is over at the Carl-Benz Stadion. Will try and get a review up at some stage this weekend.

Youth Team

bloody hell you're not lying they are quality, especially Ergin, they're all great, but him especially! good on you dodgeed whenever u read this, they are brilliant

edit: what facilities/youth recruitment u got?
    Yes, I've been very lucky on FM12 - easily my best set of youth players on any FM version to date.

At present, junior coaching is 'exceptional' and youth facilities are 'excellent'. Youth recruitment is still only regional though and I've never had a regen from anywhere outside central Turkey. I have had a couple with Swiss as a second nationality though.

Youth Team

corinthiano - getting close! I hope you can get promotion next season as there is little money in the 2nd Division but in the 1st you start to get decent TV money and you will be allowed to sign 3 Brazilians/foreigners

Manku - good first season in the new division. You should be able to build on that next season

Semi Pro

Haha cheers DodgeeD, the Brazilian brigade will be coming in once I am allowed to sign foreigners

We surely look better up front, my new striker, Ergun Cengiz just scored 4 goals in a comfortable 4-1 win which sees us top with 10 points after 4 games. Just hope we keep it up!

Amateur

Just won 6-0 away to Lille to seal my 2nd consecutive season in top 3, thus qualifying for Champ League qualifiers again. 3 games to go, PSG + OM fighting it out for title. Can't get Lubos Matta to sign new deal, he's had a decent season, beginning to look like the player I thought I was signing 2 years ago. Deal runs out in 2 years, should I punt him this summer, or persist another year, try and tempt him to re-sign, and risk getting less money? I've got plenty of forwards, he's one of the best, but I'm too skint to risk losing potentially £7-10m or whatever I would get for him. Think I may leave it and see if I can get into group stages and the board might give me extra funds. I've offerred him my max wage, £39k per week with £39k appearance money, £39k goal money, and a £1m signing on fee for him and his agent, but he knocks it back, so I don't think I can afford what he wants.

good start corinthiano
    Last edited by aldojags; 18-05-2012 at 23:38.

Youth Team

Tough call aldojags. What is his general happiness like? If there is anything there about wanting to move to a bigger club or wanting a new contract, I would consider selling him as that is likely to affect his performances the longer he stays.

I'm in a similar situation with a few first-teamers in their last two years. I got Erman Ergin and Kadir Alagöz to sign new deals with the maximum wage the board would let me offer (perhaps as they were youth players, they felt more loyalty) and Dragut signed a new deal as well. However, Tavares is refusing to drop his demands under 250k p/w (that's in Turkish Lira btw - would be about 100k p/w in puonds), which is 100k more than the limit. Renato Gaucho refused to even consider negotiations so will be on his way to Real Madrid in January for 61million Lira.

The offshoot of these negotiations is that now a whole bunch of players, many of them fringe players in the squad, are coming to me demanding improved contracts (even ones with 3 years to run or ones who signed new deals last season). Most of them want in excess of 250k p/w, this coming from players currently on about 20-40k!! I think a clearout will come in January and at the end of this season with plenty of shopping to do....

Third Team

Aldojags/Corinthiano - It really seems like teams within the league price the actual stars out of range meaning I cannot afford the best of them, so if I want Spanish stars I need to keep improving my Youth Facilities, Recruitment and Junior Coaching.

LFR - Good Luck in Germany, RB looks like a very solid club choice.

Andy Sava - Welcome aboard, and good luck with Holstein, good to see some new (old) faces around again.

Aldojags - Roger looks good as a right wing, and love the Spineless Lethargic player, would've been interesting to see how he develops. I think I would be looking to cash in on Matta, though wait til he has only a season left and attempt to sell him in September/October, then you still keep him through til January, but you also get the cash.

CrispyPaul - Welcome back to the challenge, good luck as you join us in Spain.

Corinthiano - Wow, is tough when you seem to have only a little forward progress, hopefully when you get up (This Season) you will be better prepared and be able to push forward.

Manku - A very good first season in the 2nd League there, hopefully you can push towards promotion next year.

Also it seems for me the National sides are copying my moves as Jens Pedersen has been replaced in the Denmark national squad with Ostergaard.

Amateur

Vikeologist’s 2030/31 End of Season Report

Code:
    Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Award
    2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
    2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
    2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None
    2015/16            Sc Div 1          2nd           CC & SC Winners, LC R/U   EC 3Q      Manager of the Year
    2016/17            Sc Div 1          1st           Challenge Cup Winners     EC 4Q      Manager of the Year
    2017/18            Sc Prem           5th           LC Final                  qual       None
    2018/19            Sc Prem           7th           LC Winners                EC R2      Manager of the Year 
    2019/20            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners, LC R/U        n/a        Manager of the Year
    2020/21            Sc Prem           1st           SC & LC Winners           EC Winners Manager of the Year
    2021/22            Sc Prem           1st           SC Winners                cc Q/F     Manager of the Year
    2022/23            Sc Prem           1st           LC R/U                    CC R1      Manager of the Year 
    2023/24            Sc Prem           1st           LC R/U, SC Winners        CC R1      Manager of the Year
    2024/25            Sc Prem           1st           SC R/U                    CC Q/F     Manager of the Year
    2025/26            Sc Prem           1st           SC, LC                    CC Q/F     None
    2026/27            Sc Prem           1st           SC, LC                    CC Q/F     Manager of the Year
    2027/28            Sc Prem           1st           LC                        CC Q/F     None
    2028/29            Sc Prem           1st           LC                        CC Q/F     Manager of the Year
    2029/30            Sc Prem           1st           LC, SC                    CC Final   Manager of the Year
    2030/31            Sc Prem           1st           LC, SC                    Winners    Manager of the Year

Challenge Completed

League
    Team
    Transfers

After winning the league for 11 seasons by a country mile, this season was much closer. In fact, technically it went to the last match of the season, although Rangers would have had to make up not just the 3 points they trailed us by, but also a 77 goal difference differential. With 103 points from 38 games, we were as good as ever, but it’s safe to say that Rangers did pretty well as well. Thanks to the improved coefficients, they will now join us as the second Scottish team that qualifies straight into the group stage of the Champions League. Their salary total is far less than half ours, so we may have a challenge on our hands. Then again, their manager left at the end of the season, so it’s probably more likely that they’ll regress.

We won the League Cup and Scottish Cup as usual.

Of course, the only thing that really counted was the Champions League. After going out in the quarter finals 5 seasons in a row, the previous season we had reached the Final, where we were 4-0 down to Inter after just 24 minutes. In the remaining gung ho minutes we managed to pull it back to 5-3. In any case, it had been a more promising season.

However, this season we looked as though we had self-destructed again when we found ourselves 3-0 down at Porto in the 1st knockout round. A late away goal somewhat helped to reignite hope, but nearly as much as the 4-0 thumping we gave them in the second leg.

Bayern and Roma posed few problems in the quarters and finals where we won all 4 legs.

That meant a final against Athletic Madrid. I was, as you can appreciate, fairly tense, until the match started which was frankly a very one-sided affair. The only stress involved during the actual match was that my girlfriend started sending me instant messages during the second half. I’m not sure what the Chinese is for, ‘I love you, but I’m about to achieve the Big Euro Nation Challenge so please for the love of God leave me alone for a few minutes’. This unwelcome pull of real life and things in my life that matter did dampen my euphoria, but never mind. I think in any case, my principal emotion was going to be, ‘Thank God that’s over’.

I did plan to leave the club as soon as I achieved the challenge, but I’m going to do the subsequent season World Club Championship victory lap for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it took me 19 seasons to achieve and I might as well get the Steam achievement for staying 20 seasons. Mostly though, I’m keen to see whether rangers (or indeed Celtic who were also quite good this season) can challenge me again.

After that I plan to do the challenge in Spain, or at least get a club to the top division. I loaded the leagues for a trial run, and one club came up for 31/32 that had never been in the second division B before; Ejea. Of course, I’ll have to see who comes up next year.

So I have a question to ask now. Would I have to pick a team like Ejea that have never been in in 2DB before, or can I choose a club that have been there before, and are now just reappearing.

This may be a mute question, as I lost my enthusiasm for posting season updates during the frustration of going out in the quarter finals, often in the most heartbreaking and frustrating fashion, and as I say, I’m not sure I’m up for another whole challenge. I’m just hoping for the game to become fun again. Of course, the rub is that last season the game was fun again, for the first time in ages.

I may take over Hibs instead, if the opportunity arises, and take advantage of the Scottish league’s reputation. Despite them being my boyhood team, I’ve never so much as won the league with them.

I briefly took over Mexico for the Copa America, (post challenge achievement) and reached the semis where we lost 1-0 to World Champs Argentina. Hopefully the Scotland job will become available some time.

Third Team

Congrats Vikeologist, the long haul was worth it in the end, an epic final league season as well.

As for "A totally new team" I think so long as it is a team that was not in the 2nd division or above in the first season (2011/12) then it falls inside the rules.

Semi Pro

aldojags - I think I would follow LLR's advice too. If I have a first team player wanting to leave I wait until he has a year left and then sell him either in the summer window or when it has just shut, obviously unless you already have a replacement for him.

DodgeeD - Wow, that seems like a horrible situation, it is annoying enough when you have your first teamers demanding ridiculous contracts. I hope the rebuilding doesnt affect the performances, we all know what can happen in a transition period...

As for Hacettepe, we have started well, going 8-2-2 in the first 12 games, but Ankaragücü have decided to play like a big team again this season and are right behind us...

EDIT: congrats vikeologist, perseverance has paid off. Hope you manage to find a new team to manage and the enthusiasm to post, would surely be nice to follow a new attempt of yours!
    Last edited by corinthiano; 19-05-2012 at 08:49.

Third Team

Well that was Horrid, 13 games in we were 12-0-1 , 6pts clear at the top of the table, next up 2nd placed Real Madrid, Parry, Legendre & Garner all suffer major injuries and we get humped 4-0, we remain 3pts clear and given third is 9pts back and Barcelona is 16pts back we still look ok, but going to need some help with those three players missing. Looking forward to continuing in the morning as I watch Bayern.

Amateur

His general happiness used to be "considering leaving club" but he's been in sensational form last month, I've praised him in media and in private chats, so at the minute he's "enjoying playing for club"

But everytime I go to negotiate, his agent says he's not that interested and I'll have to offer him amazing contract. I have noticed however, his agent is listed as "dislike" for relationship with me. I'll hold onto him another season, and hope he leaves his agent, keep trying to sign him on, can't believe I may lose him just as he's starting to be this good.

Well done vikeologist, great to see another completion.

dodgeed - that's a nightmare, hope you don't have to rebuild that much, the youth team players should be more loyal and show a bit of respect to the fans and repay ur faith in them!

Semi Pro

aldojags - bloody agents...would surely be nice if you could tell Lubos to ditch him!

DodgeeD - maybe you can answer this question, why are Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan not considered foreign nations in the Turkish league? It surely can be handy as I just secured a pretty good Russian AMC with Azerbaijani second nationality on a Bosman, but it seems a tad random unless I am missing out some obvious historical link?

Amateur

PSG have won the Champions league in my game, which I think that despite me finishing 3rd should mean entry into play-offs, I'm straight into group stages! Fantastic news for me, as any of you who read my updates will know, I've got next to no fans! So any extra income is pivotal!

Is that why I'm in group stages do u think? Because PSG won it. Or maybe Frances co-efficient hasn't updated yet but I'll get in when the new qualification places are announced. I have no idea, just delighted to lead the club into Group Stages for first time in our history. Benfica knocked us out at final hurdle this season in play offs, so good to go one further!
    Last edited by aldojags; 19-05-2012 at 14:40.

Youth Team

Vikeologist - Congrats on completing the challenge. I've really enjoyed the 'Lord of the Shire' updates and hope to see you reporting on life in Spain soon.

dodgeed - that's a nightmare, hope you don't have to rebuild that much, the youth team players should be more loyal and show a bit of respect to the fans and repay ur faith in them!
    As I said, Gaucho is going in January and it looks like Kalimunda (the hotshot young keeper) will join him. Only 18 months left on his contract and he wants his weekly wage increased from 20k TL to 200k TL with a 60k clean sjeet bonus!! Already have a replacement lined up though In better news, got another youth product, Emrah Özkan to commit to a 5-year deal.

DodgeeD - maybe you can answer this question, why are Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan not considered foreign nations in the Turkish league? It surely can be handy as I just secured a pretty good Russian AMC with Azerbaijani second nationality on a Bosman, but it seems a tad random unless I am missing out some obvious historical link?
    Historically, they are referred to as 'Turkic nations' and recognised as having common ancestral, cultural and linguistic roots with modern Turks (the Azeri language, as an example is very similar to Turkish - European and Brazilian Portuguese might be a good comparison). I think in real life, people from those countires can come and live and work in Turkey without visa restrictions so that's why they don't count as foriegn in the league. A shame I'm yet to find a decent regen from one of those countries! Once you build up a rep as a club, it is worth looking in that direction for a feeder club.

Amateur

So if you have a feeder club abroad does that affect the regens you get dodgeed?

I currently have no feeder clubs but I may try it if I can get my hands on some exotic regens from Brazil or somethin! My youth recruitment is average, can't get them to increase, but just got junior coaching increased to "excellent" so hopeful of 1 or 2 players a year coming through. Already knocked back £1.2m bid from OM for Ilan Roger. They keep coming back with other offers but I've set his transfer status to "reject all offers", no way am I selling a potential star, but really pleased I'm getting bids like that for a 15 year old.

Youth Team
    Stadio Artemio Franchi – Montepaschi Arena, Siena, Italy (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

well done on completion Vikeologist - your perseverance paid off. great to see a Scottish team complete the challenge too. goo d luck if you move to Spain...

Youth Team

So if you have a feeder club abroad does that affect the regens you get dodgeed?

I currently have no feeder clubs but I may try it if I can get my hands on some exotic regens from Brazil or somethin! My youth recruitment is average, can't get them to increase, but just got junior coaching increased to "excellent" so hopeful of 1 or 2 players a year coming through. Already knocked back £1.2m bid from OM for Ilan Roger. They keep coming back with other offers but I've set his transfer status to "reject all offers", no way am I selling a potential star, but really pleased I'm getting bids like that for a 15 year old.
    Not your regens - I meant for first option on youth and improved scouting knowledge. I think coaching staff from other countries can help you get regens from there, however - at least that was the case on earlier versions of the game.

Semi Pro

Thank you for the explanation DodgeeD, due to the countries being former USSR states I had assumed they had closer Russian ties without ever really looking into it. Good idea about getting a feeder club in one of those nations, Uzbekistan looks to be the one with biggest potential between them.

Think this could be finally the year we make it out of 2. Lig (or I could just be jinxing it now). I have 4 games left and am 6 points ahead, although with a game on the two teams chasing me. Three games are against teams fighting relegation, and one against my bogey side Afyonkarakisarspor away. 10 points will guarantee promotion and that is certainly what I will be aiming for.

EDIT: Even closer now, we won 3-0 and the chasing Sakaryaspor and Ankaragücü lost their matches! 4 points in the next 3 games will do it now!

Damn, just got beaten by bogey team Afyonkarakisarspor 2-0 even though we dominated the match. The gap is back to 6 points with an extra game, but I have already relegated BUGSAS Spor up next.

YES! We are up! Very scrappy game against BUGSAS Spor, which we won 1-0. Ankaragücü lost, and whilst Sakaryaspor won, we have a better head to head record against them, which is the league sorting rule. As they can only equal our points now, we are champions!
    Last edited by corinthiano; 19-05-2012 at 19:39.

Amateur

Good stuff corinthiano it's been coming for a couple of seasons!

Amateur

Season Review 2020/21 (9th Season)

Ligue 1

Predicted: 5th
    Finished: 3rd
    League Table
    Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

Second season in a row I've finished 3rd, improved on last seasons points tally, from 77 to 85. 85 points would have been enough to win the league in 6 out of the 10 seasons (I'm including the initial holiday year) since my save began, but PSG + OM were superb and frighteningly consistent, could only be seperated by goal difference, and the better team in my opinion came out on top - PSG, which is an excellent achievement given that they also won Champions League, for the 2nd time since my save began. As a result of them winning it, it means that my 3rd place is enough to get me into Group Stages of Champions league, for first time in our history, so I'm obviously delighted!

We were excellent all season, particularly 2nd half of fixtures, where both offensively and defensively we upped our game, since new year, we scored 45 goals, conceded 10, and had 13 clean sheets in 19 games, superb form, delighted with the team. Had a run of 3 games where I won 6-0, 5-0, 5-0, fantasy football stuff.

Unlucky to only come 3rd, as I say, 85 points has been enough to win this league on several occasions.

Coped well with the distraction of the Europa League too - mainly as I used back up players, so all the squad played their part all season.

Last season I finished 8 points behind 1st place, this season 7, so I'm getting closer! Played mainly 41212 diamond, Oneill Tatlot in the trequarista role tip of the diamond just destroyed teams, sometimes lacked width and would switch to 4 2 3 1, sometimes worked, sometimes didn't, will try it out again pre-season, I've got Pep Remdios in from Real Madrid who looks a very able left winger, so I think I may have more joy with the system this year, as I've not got a left footed winger in the squad up until now.

Coupe de la Ligue - 4th round

Fixtures

Poor performance at home to Ligue 2 side Montpellier, my 2nd string played, should have won but were hopeless. I really am cursed when it comes to this competition, got a woeful record.

French Cup - 11th round

Fixtures

Got knocked away to a fellow Ligue 1 side so no disgrace in that. Was coming into 2nd half of season and I was doing well in Europa and Ligue 1, so had other priorities and sent a team of back up/under 19s to Valenciennes.

Champions League - Best placed play off round

Fixtures

Had to go through 2 qualifiying rounds if I wanted to get to group stages, unfortunately Benfica (who later went on and won Europa League) knocked me out over a tightly contested tie. I hammered Galatasaray in the first round which was pleasing to see.

Europa League - Quarter finals

Fixtures

Done really well to reach Quarter finals, as I played my 2nd string in this competition, as I decided due to fairly minimal prize money it was much more important to do well in the league, but whilst my reserve players always let me down in domestic cups, they turned it on most of the time in this competition, especially Rui Silva, who hit an impressive 10 goals in Europa League alone. Had some good nights, especially away to Salzburgh (7-2) and away to Celtic (2-0). Arsenal beat me in the Quarters, but at one point I was winning on the away goal rule, but they got 2 second half goals to kill me off. But for my fist venture into Europe, was a pleasing season, and sees us now ranked 77th in Europe.

Players

I will adopt PRDH's system of putting in bold regular starters/senior players, and put * either side of a youth product - not that there's that many, but I like the system when I'm looking back at his updates so I can easy find his homegrown talent, so I'll adopt for my own updates, hope you don't mind PRDH!

Note: A lot of the players show declining stats as you'll see, but that's because their on holiday at the minute, hence the orange arrows showing stats decreasing.

Goalkeepers

Jimmy Lynch - signed on a free transfer from Hearts, and was superb. 18 clean sheets in 37 league games, delighted with him. Named goalkeeper of the year.

Quentin Beanardeu - played a couple of games, and as a long serving player who's done well for me, was difficult to leave him out, but Lynch was too good. Have since sold him to Kobenhavn for £1.2m, going to rely on my 2 young keepers to provide back up this season, who are....

Marvin Angloma - picked this kid up from Lyon on a free transfer year or 2 back, and he's coming along nicely, made his first senior appearance in the last game of the league season.

*Ludovic Barbier* - youth product I decided to give a few games to, mainly in cups/ Europe, and he did well everytime to be fair. His stats aren't much to look at, but my coaches rate him 3 star potential, which would be a decent keeper for me if he hits full potential, so he and Angloma will fight it out for 2nd choice next season. For some reason his page shows his reserve team stats - so here is his stats for first team.

Defence

Karl Thorpe - signed on a free from Man United, was excellent.

Nathaniel Chalobah - 3rd season with us, consistent as ever as the ball playing centre half beside Thorpe. Also puts in very steady performances at right back + defensive mid when needed. Listed as favoured personnel with the club.

Dalibor Ladic - been with us a while, and started his fair share of games despite me preferring the new left back I signed from Nantes. Who was...

Cedric Hue - bosman signing from Nantes, initially brought in to provide cover for Ladic, but soon replaced him and relegated Ladic to Europa action for games, done very well, only going to get better. Quite tall for a full back aswell.

Andrew O'Neill - the young Canadian international became my 1st choice RB this season at the age of 19, and he didn't let me down, like Hue, only going to get better with age.

*Jimmy Donaldson* - stats improved quite a bit this season for youth product. Still got puzzlingly low heading ability, despite me having him training in heading, and him being a giant at 6 feet 6 inches tall! Played him all over the back four and did well whenever asked, played in some big games too and always averaged around about 7, which was impressive given he's still quite young and he played in Europa League quite a bit etc. Got his first goal for the club away to Salzburg during out 7-2 rout of the Austrians. Upset me with his switching allegiance to play for France! Played some Under-19 games for his native Scotland, then gained French citizenship, and started playing for France's under 19's, and is currently at the Euro U-21's with France! Annoyed with that, but still hoping he'll pick Scotland for his senior nation, I don't see him ever being up to level of French full international.

Juan - played in most Europa games, or when Thorpe/Chalobah was injured, solid as ever, still the occasional goal too, really like this guy.

Thorgan Lienard - Reliable back up, but he's wanting away for regular football. Again, mostly Europa league games he played. Don't want to lose him he's got solid stats, but for me, £16k per week for a reserve is quite a bit of money, so I may try and offload. Thorpe and Chalobah are both still young, so they'll be my pairing for years to come, but with me being Group Stages I really need plenty cover in all positions, so I may keep him, see what happens. Another who has been with me nearly since the beginning, so I've a strong emotional tie to the Belgian.

*Maxime Reset* - rubbish stats, but has 2 star potential so I'll give him time he's still very young. Played a game off the bench this season. Needs to beef up physically, maybe in a few years he'll be a good squad player.

*Girolamo Masciantonio* - young full back who did well when called upon. Another with 2 star potential, will see he develops, but seen his fair share of 1st team action, and played well against good opposition.

*Jean Francois-Martin* - similar to Masciantonio, young left back with 2 star PA. Needs to improve mental stats if he's ever going to make it, but when called upon, did a decent turn for a youngster.

Midfield

Oneill Tatlot - star man. Played in the hole behind the strikers, was such a great player this season. Creative, and a goal threat. Runner up in star of the season awards, won high assist prize, and named in 2 different team of the season awards - 1 + 2. Keeps getting linked with moved elsewhere, but managed to get him to sign 2 year extension, I need to keep this guy if I'm going to achieve anything. Continues on the fringes of the French National team picking up various sub appearances here and there. I would have him in any team.

Ali Jelassi - solid season from the young holding midfielder. He's sheer quality.

Dominique Abidoun - solid season from my long serving midfielder. Probably more at home on right wing when I play 4 2 3 1, but still does the job when asked to play CM. Runner up in best African player prize.

Darko Borozan - good season from the youngster.

Lewis More - Good season, and trained him to get forward as often as possible, and he's got a few goals since then, breaking into box. Only thing is, a few players "feel Lewis More's attitude could cause disharmony at club". don't know what to do. I'm going to have plenty of midfielders next season, may need to sell 1 or 2, and this guy is near top of list due to fact a few of the squad don't like him so I worry he may be a bad influence. What do you guys think? I like him as he's Scottish! but for good of squad/finances, he may need to go. Stoke and Bolton have been sniffing about him.

Raul Gil - This guy has great attributes, but in 2 seasons has really yet to impress me at all. Again, like Lewis More, I'm considering punting him, he's on £20k per week, and he's going to feature even less next season I'm guessing, but I worry if I let him go, he'll go onto become a cracking player and I may have made a mistake. Again, any advice would be great from you guys...?

Dominique Abiola - been with us for years, listed as an icon, but didn't feature much, and has a year on his deal left, is 29 years old, so I've just sold him to Palermo for £1.6m. Fans are very angry with me, but he wasn't playing regularly enough, and I needed to raise some cash to buy my new Brazilian midfielder (see bottom of post!).

Daniel Sedlacek- understudy to Tatlot, so he'll never be a first choice, but featured in Europa league etc, and his stats look good, could become a good player in time.

Christer Westrum - didn't feature much due to the quality I already have in midfield, and despite him being a good squad player to have, I have just sold him to RC Lens, for a couple of million.

Rouven Weymeher - back up DM, considering selling him too, got too many midfielders, as I've signed a couple of quality players as you'll see further down page. Good player, and I hate selling good players, but I have to be strict as finances aren't great, so any player not featuring much will be sold.

Forwards

Tony Champion - like Karl Thorpe, free transfer from Man United, excellent first season, and forming a great partnership with Lubos Matta. Can't believe England aren't calling him up, he's top drawer.

Lubos Matta - my record signing improved all the way through his 2nd season at the club. Beginning to look like the player I thought I was signing. Him and Champion got a good understanding, and were scoring goals for fun toward end of season. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, has 2 seasons left to run on contract and I cannot persuade him to sign on despite some very lucrative offers. His agent doesn't like me, so I'll keep him another year, and if I haven't signed him on for longer by then, I'll be selling him, hopefully for a tidy profit. Want to keep him though he looks brilliant.

Rui Silva - excellent in Europa League, but didn't do much in league.

Samuel Preston - wanting a move away, but getting no offers for him. Good player, don't want to lose him, but he's not a starter, so I'd let him go for right funds.

Mohammed Diagne - quietest season he's had with us. Sufferred a bit with injuries, never really got started. Hoping for more next season.

Mondor Kessou - good attributes, but can't get in team. Has requested a transfer about 5 times this season, then a few weeks later wants to be removed!

Erdogan Ipek - young striker brought in on a free from Dutch football. Got a few early season goals, then fell out of favour. Have since sold him to Brondby for £2m.

Alvear Agbessi - mainly sub appearances. Got the look of a good player, but thats been 3-4 seasons and I'm yet to be convinced. Still young though, so will give him time.

Juho Salmela - young finnish striker I picked up on a bosman few seasons back, developing well, featured once or twice and scored in Europe for us.

Tiguinha- brazilian striker I got on a free, like Salmela, developing well. Got high hopes for him.

New signings

Got some class acts in...

John Larsson from Hearts - class looking midfielder.

Pituca - signed for £5.75m from Zurich. Described as "midfield general. He looks top drawer.

Pep Remedios - winger from R. Madrid. Don't have a left winger, so he'll hopefully do the biz if I run with 4231 this season.

Youth Intake

By far best player from this years intake, infact best player we've ever have come through, is Ilan Roger - has potential to be as good as Matta according to my coaches, which is pretty damn good! Already knocked back £1.2m from Marseille from him.

Also signed Hery Tovonay, Younous Thomas, and Cedric Borgeouis. All 2 star PA. I've got some 2 star players who have hit full potential, and they are decent back up, so I'm happy to try and develop these kids, if not, I may be able to sell them on.

Club Info

Overview

Finances - Lost money every month, but sold enough players and got some cash via Champ League/Europa to plug the gaps. Still got below 1000 season ticket holders, and lowest average attendance in league, so financially I'm light years behind Lyon Marseille + PSG, who all spend tens of millions every year on new players. I'm 8th in terms of wage budget.

Transfers - didn't spend a penny, and brought in a few quid, and since this screenshot was taken, I've bought a midfielder for £5.75m, and sold a few players for about the same amount of money.

Facilities - got £8m prize money from league, and it's went towards new youth + training facilities, costing £6m. Got junior coaching increased to excellent, but cannot get youth recruitment higher than average.

Rep - now 10th in France

Other Competitions

Champ League - PSG
    Europa League - Benfica
    Super Cup - Valencia
    Ligue 1 - PSG
    Coupe de la Ligue - Marseille
    French Cup - Valenciennes.

Season Objective

Top 5 finish - success. Top 3 again, for 2nd season in a row we've finished higher than Lyon, who for 2nd season in a row have sacked their manager as a result! Still slightly annoyed I haven't been approached yet again! I'm the reason they keep sacking managers, yet they don't think I'd be a valid candidate, maybe they know I'd never leave Viry Chatillon! Screw them!

Qualify for Champ League Group Stages - Failed. Knocked out by Benfica, I was unseeded, and drew a tough team who went on and won Europa League, so no disgrace. My reserve team made it to Quarters of Europa aswell, so not a bad first year in Europe.

Next season.

Well 2 years in a row I've came top 3, so I want to keep that up and try and improve on it. So hard though, Marseille and PSG spend silly money every year. But I think I can do it again. Not going to put pressure on myself to get through in Champ League, I'll be seeded 4th no doubt, so will have a tough group, just going to enjoy it and see how I go.

Code:
    Past Seasons
    Season     Division        Pos    French Cup      League Cup         Europe        Notes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13     National      4th      8th round        N/A                            Survived Relegation
    2013/14     National      8th      7th round        N/A                            N/A
    2014/15     National      1st      8th round        N/A                            Champions
    2015/16     Ligue 2       6th      7th round        2nd round                      Consolidated
    2016/17     Ligue 2       2nd      11th round       4th round                      Promotion
    2017/18     Ligue 1       10th     Runners Up       4th round                      Survived
    2018/19     Ligue 1       6th      11th Round       2nd round                      Consolidated    
    2019/20     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       3rd Round                      Qualified for Champ League            
    2020/21     Ligue 1       3rd      11th Round       4th Round         EL QF        Qualified for Champ League
    Last edited by aldojags; 19-05-2012 at 22:34.

Semi Pro

That was an excellent season aldojags, like you said those points would have won you the title any other year. I imagine it must be tought to compete with the financial muscle of PSG! Your squad looks the part, you have stenght and depth in every position. And I can see why you want to keep Lubos Matta as well, looks like he played some excellent stuff! As for the CL spot, you might want to check the Coefficients because I reckon France must have moved up to the top 3, seeing as the top for in the league qualified.

Do you think your league form might suffer with CL football next season? And do you think that being in the CL could finally help improve those attendances?

Third Team

Another good season there aldojags, like the look of Tatlot, is the sort of player I missing in that Attacking Midfield role, this season Legendre has been injured so Linhart moved there from the right wing, but he is really just cover. Good luck in the group stages, hopefully your draw isn't too bad for the first time up.

As for Parla, well we have had some major injuries this season to starters, but somehow we are still trucking along. Legendre is out for 3 months, we just lost Rousseau for 7-8 months (Damn ACL), Parry has missed time, and now to top all that off Dortmund & Real Madrid have made offers for Sedlacek and they have been accepted (11M+), but he would be hard to replace.

Glimpse at Major points of Table
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   |       | Parla       |       | 19    | 17    | 0     | 2     | 50    | 13    | +37   | 51    | 
    | ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   |       | R. Madrid   |       | 19    | 13    | 4     | 2     | 48    | 13    | +35   | 43    | 
    | 3rd   |       | At. Madrid  |       | 18    | 11    | 3     | 4     | 36    | 20    | +16   | 36    | 

Last Euro Spot
    | 7th   |       | Getafe      |       | 19    | 8     | 5     | 6     | 25    | 24    | +1    | 29    | 
    | 8th   |       | Barcelona   |       | 18    | 7     | 8     | 3     | 22    | 15    | +7    | 29    | 

Relegation
    | 18th  |       | Deportivo   |       | 19    | 4     | 3     | 12    | 12    | 33    | -21   | 15    | 
    Now staying in the fight upfront is not going to be easy with the injuries we have suffered, but I am hopeful that the boys can stick together, that Sedlacek will sign our contract and not leave for bigger lights.

Third Team

And the bad news is Sedlacek signed with Dortmund, we got 11M for him, but we really are going to struggle to replace him, the fans are annoyed that we sold him, though I had no choice as they met his release clause.

Hopefully Parry is fit for my midweek game, otherwise I am in trouble at the back as only Sanchez is able to start.

Amateur

That was an excellent season aldojags, like you said those points would have won you the title any other year. I imagine it must be tought to compete with the financial muscle of PSG! Your squad looks the part, you have stenght and depth in every position. And I can see why you want to keep Lubos Matta as well, looks like he played some excellent stuff! As for the CL spot, you might want to check the Coefficients because I reckon France must have moved up to the top 3, seeing as the top for in the league qualified.
    I think that may be because PSG won it, that they get in it automatically? We're 5th in co-efficients, with 3 CL places, so it must be because of them winning it.
    Do you think your league form might suffer with CL football next season? And do you think that being in the CL could finally help improve those attendances?
    Unfortunately, yes and no!

Want to have a good go at Champions League, so league form may inevitably dip. I've got decent depth, but I wouldn't fancy my 2nd string to win week in week in Ligue 1, where my first 11 are good enough to beat anyone. I hope to god it improves attendances, it's climbing so slow. To still be getting 4,000 after 4 years in top division is heartbreaking. Viry-Chatillon is only 20 miles from Paris it's not like we're out in middle of nowhere! Really miss the revenue, in France, you get £11m over the course of a year in TV revenue, and in terms of gate receipts, I make the same amount as probably a 3rd tier club!

edit: terrible luck with injuries and losing Sedlacek there LLR. What an incredible first half to the season though, I hope you can hold on, although it does look like the odds are heavily stacked against you with your squad being stretched thin.

Semi Pro

I think that may be because PSG won it, that they get in it automatically? We're 5th in co-efficients, with 3 CL places, so it must be because of them winning it.
    That is strange, I didn't think that happened...but its a good thing so I suppose who cares

LLR - You have had a series of very unfortunate events there, but hopefully with that great lead you built up in the first half of the season you can maintain that top spot. I think you will get CL football anyway unless another major disaster happens. Best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you manage to somehow replace Sedlacek.

Amateur

That is strange, I didn't think that happened...but its a good thing so I suppose who cares
    Yeah I thought so too, but definitely only 3 places in CL for France, checked it again, and they have been updated as we've overtaken Russia into 5th place, so must be as they are winners. I thought it just meant if they had finished outside the top 3 in France, they would steal it off 3rd place, like Chelsea did tonight with Tottenham, but I didn't think it added an additional place onto your clubs qualification. As you say, it's benefited me so I'm not going to complain!

Semi Pro

Hacettepe Spor Kulübü 2015/16 - Spor Toto 2. Lig

Spor Toto 2. Lig Group A

Media Prediction: 6th
    Board Expectation: Top Half Finish
    My Target: Promotion

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

We started the season very well with large wins and lots of goals, mainly by our new striker Ergun Cengiz. Getting to the halfway stage we had won 11, drawn 2, and crucially lost against 3 main competitors for top spot, which kept everyone very close. After the winter break we had our worst patch and slipped as far as third place, but always within touching distance. In the end our run of 6 wins in 7 games at the final stretch of the season guaranteed us the title as our competitors tailed off.

Ziraat Türkiye Kupası

Fixtures

The performance in the cup was a very nice surprise. After winning against same division sides in the first two rounds we beat 1. Lig side Bandirmaspor with a good display at home. We left the best against Ankara rivals Gençlerbirligi from the Süperlig, as a record crowd witnessed a major upset. We kept it close against another Süperlig side in the Quarters but weren’t good enough to prevent them from sneaking a 1-0 win.

Hacettepe

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

Again mainly youngsters side, the two biggest additions to the first team were Ergun Cengiz to help last season’s striking problems and a mid-season swoop for a DR spot, filled by Izzet Yildirim.

First XI

*denotes a Hacettepe youth product

GK: Ceyhun Demircan – Another solid season and all those doubts I had about him a couple of years ago are gone, he has developed into a good keeper and won’t look out of place in a higher tier.
    DR: Izzet Yildirim – Signed him on a free midseason as I thought he would offer us more quality down the right. In the end his contribution was only marginally better than Fathi’s.
    DC: *Eyüp Özçelik* – Story of the season for me, I just can’t quite believe how much he has improved. Gave him a chance in the first team at the start of the season and never looked back, he is our leading centre-back now.
    DC: Onur Çakir – Kept his place in the side, his experience was probably a positive factor in the partnership with Eyüp.
    DL: Servet Gökçen – Just couldn’t find any decent DL available, so he kept his place. I have to say he did an OK job, but I am worried about him in the 1. Lig.
    DMC: Barbaros Barut – Kept up his good performances, although his age is starting to affect him.
    MC: Caner Yilmaz – Another very good season from him, dominates the midfield with Taktak very well.
    MC: Taner Taktak – Same here, feels like those two will never leave the team. They definitely can make the step up to 1. Lig easily.
    AMC: Mesut Dogan – Just when I thought Mesut had nothing left in the tank he goes and plays his best season for the club so far. He delivered an amazing 19 assists in the league and was elected in the league’s best XI as well as Fans player of the year at Hacettepe. Even though I want to repay him for this season I just don’t think he will make it in a better league and he will be reduced to a back-up role.
    ST: Ergun Cengiz – I think this guy is probably the difference between us being champions and also rans. He was deadly in front of goal something we were lacking before.
    ST: Onur Garip – Good performances by him again, good link up with Ergun.

Others

Emrah Bayram – Another season as an important squad player for Emrah.
    Fahri Akyol – Was replaced as DR mid-way through the season but deserves a mention for solid performances.
    Levent Çalik – Good young CB I signed on a free, could make his way into the first team soon.
    *Serkan Kiraz* – Another very decent youth product which saw some game time this season.

Other News

Finances – They would have been as dire as usual had it not been for the works done at the stadium. Seems like in the 1. Lig the stadiums need to be all seaters and as the Cebeci Inönü had absolutely no seats the club had to fork out the cash. We also had our facilties downgraded, which makes me fear that we wont be able te keep producing the excellent youths anymore. Interestingly unlike the board in my Real save, there has been absolutely no cash injection or bank loan. Be interesting to how much in the red we can go before that changes.

Awards wise I won the Manager of the Year award and we had two players in the division Best XI. I was also included in the favoured personnel of the club.

This Season Targets

1. Promotion, just promotion. Nothing else. Yes, finally!

Next Season Targets

1. Avoid Relegation.
    2. Sign 3 foreigners that could make a difference.
    3. Try to make a profit

I feel like our squad is strong enough for a higher tier, considering the teams that came down over the year. Obviously you always have to be careful so staying up will be top priority. I also have the chance to sign 3 foreigners now, but with my wage budget at its limit I might struggle to afford any. There is definitely more money at this level as we will get €1.69M for TV rights already, much higher than the €80k or so we were getting before. Hopefully this means we can make some sort of profit and start crawling out of the financial hole we are in.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season       League          Pos        Türkiye Kupası        Europe           Other Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13      2. Lig          2nd        Second Round          N/A              Lost in Playoff Semi-Finals
    2013/14      2. Lig          3rd        First Round           N/A              Lost in Playoff Quarter-Finals
    2014/15      2. Lig          2nd        First Round           N/A              Lost in Playoff Semi-Finals
    2015/16      2. Lig          1st        Quarter-Final         N/A              Promotion

Semi Pro

Yeah I thought so too, but definitely only 3 places in CL for France, checked it again, and they have been updated as we've overtaken Russia into 5th place, so must be as they are winners. I thought it just meant if they had finished outside the top 3 in France, they would steal it off 3rd place, like Chelsea did tonight with Tottenham, but I didn't think it added an additional place onto your clubs qualification. As you say, it's benefited me so I'm not going to complain!
    Maybe the limit for CL spots is 4 and that is why Chelsea stole Tottenhams place whilst in a country with less CL spots it adds one?

Third Team

What is supposed to happen is that if they didn't qualify, but won it they get in, if the nation has less than four spots, they get it as an additional spot, but if the nation has four spots, as in the case of England, then the Champions League Winners take their fourth spot. (Clearly not happening in your game)

Amateur

corinthiano - no surprise to me Ozcelik has turned out good for you, I was sure the name was familiar as having looked like a good player before, then found my comment on page 34...

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags;7811257

[B
    corinthiano [/B]Ocelik looks like he'll become a good CB at a much higher level. needs to beef up physically but that will come with age, but the raw attributes are all there, be interested to see if u get him some games this season see how he progresses, but he looks quality.
    But yeah how quickly it's happened is perhaps a surprise, but he'll definitely keep improving, wouldn't be surprised if he averages around 7 again this season. Well in again on the promotion, and fair play to you coming back into another save after losing your other one, I think most people would have lost the will for it after that, but not you, your an inspiration my son!

Semi Pro

Cheers aldojags, I also saw from the start that he had the potential to come good, I think his high determination contributed to him improving so quickly. It is just nice being able to get decent youth so early on

Youth Team

aldojags - Very nice season. I hope the Champions League results in some increased attendances and revenue for you. Good luck with keeping Matta as well - maybe CL football will persuade him he's at a club that is going places.

corinthiano - Welll done on getting promotion. You should find that the step up to the 1st Division is not that great. Both times I've attempted this challenge in Turkey (I also did it on FM09 when it was still part of Gundo's challenge), back-to-back promotions have taken me to the top flight.

Youth Team

Finally completed a tough January transfer window with three first-team squad members leaving and a few new youngsters arriving from around the globe in their places...

I also managed to get a few of the contract-whingers to sign new deals closer to my valuation than their agents. While that's good for the club and the challenge, I do find it annoying that one of them (Kaan Uygun) was struggling for form before January but since signing his new deal has started bagning the goals in (I assume the new deal and the upturn in form are connected). Raises questions over his professionalism...

In other January news, Tavares has now become the club's record league scorer and Sahin Kaya (our first youth teamer to make it to the first team) now holds the all time appearance record for the club.

Amateur

corinthiano - yeah it bodes well for rest of challenge that youth team players are already making a difference to your first team, will save you some cash as you raise through the leagues. Hope you get few more coming through mate.

dodgeed - great achievement for Tavares, he's still quite young too, so I imagine he'll go on eclipse the record by 150 goals or something if you keep him for years to come? Great news on the Kaya, must be really satisfying.

Youth Team

aldojags - another good season there domestically... know the feeling on scoring points totals that would have won titles in other seasons... good luck next season, both at home and abroad.
    corinthiano - well done on the title and promotion. leagues that have play-off systems are a bugger to get out of but you've done it now - good luck next season.

Amateur

how long do you guys do pre-season conditioning training?

how many friendlies do you play?

edit: just heading to bed, but saved it on eve of new season, with a massive decision to make...Fiorentina have just offerred £13m for Matta, he's listed as unhappy wanting to leave club etc, always in media wanting to leave. Can't see me being able to turn it around in terms of getting him to re-sign with us, don't know what to do.

Was thinking of negotiating a sell on clause into the transfer aswell. In terms of strikers I'm relatively well covered, but there's no doubt, he's probably my best, finished last season unbelievably, and has scored goals for fun in pre-season including a 4 minute hat trick against Atletico Madrid!

Don't know whether just to sell him and be done with it!
    Last edited by aldojags; 20-05-2012 at 23:39.

Third Team

I never use conditioning (Not sure why), but as for friendlies it depends really. If my team is quite settled the seniors have 7 games, and the U19s have 4 games, but if I am undecided about my starting line-up for the new season or I have made a bunch of transfers then I will have as many as 15 friendlies, and up to 10 for my U19s. It depends on how things are going really. I want to try and get everyone fit, I also want to try out some of the combinations that might come up during the season.

Semi Pro

DodgeeD - cheers, have to agree that the gap between the divisions is not too big, but we haven't been at our best as well. We were challenging for a playoff place at the start of the season but I think mid-table is a more realistic target. It took me a whole 4 years to get out of the bottom division, I don't like doing things the easy way

I am glad you managed to sign up a few opf those contracts. Interesting to hear about Kaan Uygun's form, it is a shame, but I suppose there will always be plenty of mercenaries around football.

aldojags - I don't do any pre-season conditioning too and usually just go for how many friendlies my assistant arranges for me, usually 5-6. I have been getting a ridiculous amount of injuries in the last cpuple of seasons, so I toned down my training a couple of notches. If that doesnt help I might think about pre-season conditioning.

As for Matta, I would sell him, gives you plenty of time and money to go and find a better replacement. From what you have told us it just doesn't seem like he will ever sign that new deal.

Amateur

That's surprising no-one does conditioning. Even before in previous versions of FM, when there was no conditioning training, I'd always make up my own high intensity physical training sessions, with high strength, aerobic, and ball control. I don't know what benefits it has, be interesting to do an experiment over a season, see how fast players condition in matches deteriorates. I get the odd player who's down to like 71% at half time, so I've done an extra week this season, making it 3 weeks conditioning, which is probably insane but we'll see. My main tactic involves pressing the ball and a quick tempo, so I want them to be in top condition.

Yeah about to load it up and see, but think he'll need to go, so disappointing. Need to look into a replacement, as I say I've plenty forwards, but in terms of right top class strikers, him and Tony Champion are my 2 best. Could just leave it, and give Ilan Roger a few runs out! 15 may be a bit young right enough!

Amateur

I am an idiot! Got a few bids in for Matta, negiotiated them all, wanting a higher lump sum, and a 50% next transfer clause. The only club that offerred me what I wanted, was PSG. I've accepted it. Although it will make the challenge ridiculously harder to complete as I'm selling them a potentially world class striker at the age of 24, I can't knock the money back and he's clearly unhappy. Got to just move on! Fans will be livid, first i sell club icon Dominique Abioula, they're still moaning at me for that. Now I sell our star striker. Nightmare!!!

Semi Pro

Yeah my tactic demands a lot physically from my players too, even though it is a slower tempo when we have the ball, we still pressure the opposition at all times. The ones who suffer most are the MCs as they are involved in pretty much everything and as I dont have any wide midfielders they also help out marking wide. Thing is, exactly the same tactic and training at Real werent giving me these injury problems, but with Hacettepe it has become a bit of a nightmare. I seem to have quita a few injury prone players too which doesnt help...

As for Matta, gutting, know what it feels like selling your top players to major opposition, remember at Real selling my DL and DC to Porto, hurts a lot seeing your players play for your rivals. In the long term you have done the right thing though, that money will help a lot and the potential 50% next transfer clause could bring in some decent cash in he performs for PSG and is wanted by the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc.

Amateur

Yeah that's what I'm banking on, although PSG have won 2 Champions League since my save began, so he may never move...

Youth Team

aldojags - i don't tend to do specific conditioning training... i rely on friendlies to do that. i tend to have 6 or 7 friendlies pre-season. i start with a couple of easy ones, then a few against similar european opposition before 1 or 2 at home to european giants. seems to work for me. With regards to Matta, i would sell him to the highest bidder. although he's great i reckon you can get someone young that can do a similar job and the cash can be used to strengthen areas you may feel weak in?

Amateur

Yeah that's what I've done, just too bad the biggest bidder is my biggest rival!

I'm probably weakest in attack to be honest. Not bringing in a replacement - going to go with the squad I've got. Can't afford the targets I want, going to go with what I have, see how it goes. No guarentee if I spend the 11m on someone else they'll do the biz. Plus it means more opportunities for my young striker Roger, who's already made his league debut at age of 15, coming on in 93rd minute of first game of season, 1-0 win over Rennes.

What do you fellas do with a quality youngster? Play them u19s until when? Do you involve them in first team often? Start them in cup matches etc? Worried 15 is too young to be involved in first team, but I played him in some of the friendlies, he scored away to Arsenal. What did you guys do? Like dodgeed did u involve your strikers fairly early on? Should ahve a look back at prdh see what he did with Cardoso, wouldn't mind if he turned out half the player he was!

I'm worried if I leave him too long in u19s he won't end up as good

Youth Team

aldojags - One factor that helped me with Kaya, Ergin and Alagöz in particular was that we weren't title challengers (nor were we expected to be) when they first came through so I was happy to play them in the first team as part of building for future title challenges. I usually made them available for the reserves as well for extra game time.

Another thing I always aim to do is have feeder clubs in the lower divisions to get some YPs out on loan. At the moment, I have a 17 year-old with the potential to be as good as Ergin but he's way down the pecking order and unlikely to get much first team action so I sent him to my feeder one division below where he's playing week in, week out.

Amateur

Do you think it's better to send them to feeder club rather than play for U-19s? The trouble is, feeder clubs that I've been associated with in the past - all play in the same league as my reserves, so I can save the hassle and let them play for reserves.

Semi Pro

I would say if your reserves play at the same level as your feeder club it is better to leave them with you, seeing as they will benefit from having your training schedule and better facilities. Ideally as you are an estabished Ligue 1 club you should be getting a feeder of Ligue 2 or at least National level, that way your youth players will be playing at a higher level and develop better.

It is what I usually do when I am in the top tier, try to get a feeder club as high up as possible with good facilities and loan them out, much better than playing for your reserves or U19s if they are playing regularly IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast