+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 5234

Thread: FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Amateur

I said surely I can't blow it, and I'm throwing it away, only 1 win in 5. Stupid forum curse.

Amateur

AS Cannes End of Season Report 2012/2013

Predicted - 6th/Finished - 1st - Graph
    Board Expectation - Win Promotion/Achieved - Champions

Transfers 1
    Transfers 2

Squad 1
    Squad 2

I decided to chop and change a lot of my squad, bringing in 16 players and releasing over 20. Cannes had the backbone of a decent side, but lacked that cutting edge and impact that I hoped my new signings would create in the sign. I signed a combination of experienced top league and international players, combined with players plying their trade in the lower echelons of the League system, and managed to find a working balance.

The League

League Table
    Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

The Media expected me to finish 6th, yet the board wanted immediate promotion. Therefore, I realistically aimed for 3rd place, yet surprised even myself by claiming first place early on in the season and staying their for the rest of the season. It started off a bit shaky, with only 1 win in 4 games, a comprehensive 3-0 win over FC Rouen. We stuttered until mid October, when he really raised out game. Starting with a 2-0 victory over FC Martigues, we went 17 games unbeaten, 12 wins and 5 draws. This propelled us to the top of the league and created a point buffer of over 10 points. Abdou Diaye had really reached his best and was firing on all cylinders, and his goals, along with some of the best defending in France, created a steely but lethal unit that sweeped most dies apart. After defeat to Orléans Loiret Football (Who did the double over me, 1-0 and 2-1), we began to struggle again, winning only 1 in 5 games. However, poor performances from the chasing pack enabled us to secure promotion after a 2-0 win over Paris FC and became Champions after a poor 1-1 draw away with Bescançon RC, who were on a really poor run. To succeed next season we need to improve our start and make sure we don't get complacent at the end. We can't afford for the squad to take time to gel together or we could be up a creek without a paddle very early on.

Coupe de la Ligue
    Fixtures

This tournament was really not important to me or the board, especially when I was draw away to Boulogne, who are expected to be their or abouts for the title for the second division title. We had 2 shots (both on target, so that's something) to their 25 (6 on target, embarrassingly). When Mourad Badra was sent off in the 23rd minute, all hope was extinguished really. We lasted until the 55th minute when Juan Gonzalo Lorca scored, and their second, by Ovidy Karuru, did not come until injury time when I had set my side to be overwhelmingly attacking.

Coupe de France
    Fixtures

I was expected to reach the 9th round, and that' just what I did. I swept the lower division sides away - US Feurs (5-0), La Vitréene (2-0), MDA Chasselay (1-0) - With Omani scoring in all 3 games, the only real thing he did.

The 9th round saw us drawn at home to Lorient, and it was one of the bets games of the season. Feel like doing a report on it. (My favourite match of the season will be match reported at the end of my season reports. If I remember).

Match Report - AS Cannes v FC Lorient, Coupe de France 9th Round

Cannes v Lorient Overview
    Cannes v Lorient Stats

AS Cannes: Khedairia - Scotto, Fournier, Queudrue, Rambier - Pinaud (De Lucas 69), Ayasse, Neumann (C) (Luyindula 69), Moha - Ledy, Dieye
    FC Lorient: Audard (C) - Koné Werley, Tavarès, Mareque - Jouffre (Sunu 90), Peñalba, Romao, Lansbury* (Dubarbier 86), Miyaichi (Le Lan 45) - Emeghara

The match started very evenly, with both sides sparring and not wanting to give an early goal away. Cannes showed a lot more attacking intent, which was surprising considering Lorient are a higher division club. Peñalba and Tavarès were their players that defender best and stopped Dieye or Ledy really getting involved. On the 41st minute, against the run of play, Lorient took the lead.

Lansbury picked up the ball at the edge of the D, and proceeded to run towards the corner flag, then turn as soon as he reached the edge of the box, beat Fournier and Ayasse as he ran towards the 6 yard box before laying across goal for Jouffre to poke in to an open goal. A brilliant assist to end the half. Dieye managed one more drive that went straight into the arms of Audard, and we went in 1-0 down.

Once again, we dominated the second half, especially the first 20 minutes, yet could not create a clear cut the chance. The first fell to Lorient on the 69th minute mark. A corner by Le Lan was cleared by Luyindula. The ball landed at the feet of Emeghara, who layed at back out to Le Lan and ran into the box. Le Lan guided the ball into the 6 yard box, where Emeghara put his free header wide of the post. It should have been a very undeserved 2-0 and game over, but we still had a chance.

In the 85th minute, we got the equaliser we had so richly deserved. Koné fouled Dieye near Lorient's left corner flag. Queudrue whipped in a dangerous free kick across the box, where Fournier met it with a brilliant header which went in off the bar. Agonisingly, Luyindula hit a great chance across goal when it was probably easier to finish in the 89th minute which would have meant a deserved win for us, but it was not to be. Extra time it was.

It got off to a terrible start. In only the second minute of extra time, Lorient took the lead again. Le Lan whipped in a corner from the left hand side, which was met by the head of Gilles Sunu at the corner of the 6-yard box. His header was deflected by the knee of Luyindula and went in. Despite the touch being very minor, it harshly went down as a Luyindula OG. Once again, I had to equalise.

5 minutes later, we deservedly pulled level. Luyindula cut in from the right wing and played a great pass to Dieye, who turned Koné with ease but his effort was caught by Audard. His throw was intercepted quickly and fell to Scotto, who found De Lucas, who passed to Ledy who dummied fantastically to find Dieye at the edge of the box. Dieye tried to run into the box but was tackled by Werley, and the ball fell to Ayasse who hit a stormer 25 yards out that thundered back off the crossbar and found its way back to Scotto on the right wing. Scotto delivered a fantastic pass to Ledy, who trapped it 8 yards out and slotted it under the keeper. 2-2. The rest of injury time was a nervous affair with both sides going close. The 120th minute, however, would decide the whole match.

Koné was found by Dubarbier on the right wing. He played the ball back to Romao, who frankly had to much space and ran to the corner of the box, before cutting it across to Peñalba. His shot deflected off 5 and fell to the feet of Le Lan. He took a touch, and as he was about to take a shot, with Khedairia running out, Scotto slid in and poked the ball under Khedairia and into his own net. 3-2, and there was only just enough time to restart. Two own goals cost us in a match that we really should have one, but it was a fantastic spectacle and learning curve nonetheless, and proof we can compete with the big boys in the higher leagues.

Squad Review

Keepers

Jérémy Gavanon - Key Player - Gavanon played much better than I thought he would. He did have the benefit of playing behind great central defenders, but pulled off great saves that enabled us to win tough matches and will still be in the squad next season.
    Sofiane Khedairia - Signed for cover when Gavanon pulled his hamstring. He was intended to be only a backup, but a string of consistent and impressive performances meant he often rotated with Gavanon. Gavanon will keep the number 1 jersey, but Khedairia is a worthy backup.

Defenders
    Adriano De Pierro - Key Player - Signed from Young Boys for 50K in January. He was intended to be part of a rotation system, but played so well with Fournier in central defence he established himself as first choice, and will definetely still be here next season.
    Cédric Avinel - Not in Squad - Intended to be a first choice centre back, it didn't work out for him that way. For the first few league games he was first choice, but our struggling performances as well as better players coming in meant he soon dropped out of the squad and was released on a free.
    Franck Queudrue - Signed for his experience along with Vigan and Luyindula, he proved he can still perform by putting in a sting of good showings, as well as being a deadly crosser of the ball. The performances of Fournier, De Pierro and Camille restricted his appearances.
    Grégory Vignal - Like Queudrue, he was signed for his experience. He was intended to replace Camille as first choice Left Back, however, a torn hamstring ruled him out for 3 months, and when he returned he could not match Camille and proved to be second choice.
    Julien Tournut - Not in Squad - Another of the original centrebacks who did not make the cut. He lasted longer than Avinel, and was first choice for the first 10 games. However, new defenders and poor results meant he, like Avinel, was soon released from his contract and the club.
    Rémi Fournier - Key Player - The second best player on the team and undoubtedly one of the best defenders in the league this season. Signed at the last minute after he was offered by his agent, it resulted in the released of Tournut, but it was worth it. he made the centre back position his own, and was vital to the team's run in. His arrival coincided with the 17 match unbeaten run and proves his strength to the team. First choice next season no doubt. 29 appearances and 3 goals were his reward for his spirited performances.
    Romain Rambier - Another first teamer early on, however his performances were impressive, just not as good as the other centre backs. He wasn' treleased from his contract, but may be sold in the summer to bring in a better replacement. He can play across the defence which may tempt me to keep him in case of an injury crisis.
    Samuel Camille - Key Player - Much more solid and impressive than I thought. Vignal was brought in to replace him, and he was second choice until Vignal got injured. Camille, with a lot to prove, ripped apart opponents during many games and became a fan favourite. Could easily be first choice leftback next season.
    Samuel Néva -Not at Club - Signed as a central defender but failed to impress and was released soon after
    Thibault Scotto - Key Player - Scotto was already part of the squad when I joined, and I intended to replace him. However, like a true manager, forgot. Therefore he became my first choice right back, and really impressed and became a key player. A useful forgetting.

Midfielders
    Benoît Leroy - More of a sub and used during an injury crisis. He was one of my least played midfielders and will soon be moved on.
    David Biaou - The Benin Defensive Midfielder was a failure of a signing. Despite being a more than adequate player, he only made 3 appearances and was eclipsed by better performers. Tried to terminate his contract but the board won't let me due to compensation. Looking to sell in the summer.
    Didier Neumann - The Captain of this season as the old captain left at the start of the season. Worked in the engine room and was first choice defensive mid. Carried out what was expected of him and nothing more, was sometimes anonymous. Will likely stay to captain the side next year, despite being 36. Made 29 appearances and can still perform/
    Gauthier Pinaud - Key Player - My first-choice right winger, and a gem of a player. Played 35 games and only managed 2 goals, but that was not why he was playing. He's fast, can beat a man and an excellent crossed and passer of the ball. Can rally the troops when the going gets tough. Only actually managed 4 assists, which needs to improve, but he was involved in many goals. Like him to play next season for Cannes, since he is only 25 and still has a lot to offer.
    Jonathan Roufosse - Key Player - A key midfielder when I took over and I never managed to bring in a player better than him. Despite being quite prone to injury, especially towards the mid-late part of the season, he managed 24 appearances from the center and occasionally left of midfield. Not as good as the season before, he will still be here next season, as long as I can keep teams away from him. I rejected a 28k bid from Monaco last season, and Monaco and Lorient are sniffing around him.
    Kévin Gohiri - At the start of the season was first choice, but soon replaced by Moha. After Moha started to decline, he played more and started to get more influential, scoring and assisting key goals. Maybe not good enough to be first choice next season.
    Moha - The Moroccan Leftback was signed by Spanish club Girona for 35K. At 35, he only managed 2 assists and no goals, yet was still important to the side, especially during the 17-match unbeaten run. However, he started to decline and I was informed he is no longer good enough. He was replaced as first choice by Gohiri towards the end of the season but still played some games. At 35, I would not be surprised if he retired. He will not be here at the start of next season.
    Mourad Badra - Started as first choice but later became a sub after the performances of Ayasse, Neumann and Roufosse, he made a very impressive 25 caps and was a vital cog in the team. Not sure of his future.
    Quique De Lucas - Signed from Celta da Vigo for 95K, the 34-year old did not live up to his billing, and only made 11 appearances after being signed in January. He often made us perform worse, and Pinaud was so much better. Announced he was retiring in the summer, which is the best thing for him.
    Stephen Appiah - Not at Club - I always sign him on my saves and think he'll do better than he does. Signed to be in the heart of our midfield, he was nowhere near good enough, and, like Biaou, only made 3 appearances before dropping into the shadows and being released.
    Thomas Ayasse - Key Player - Blew hot and cold, but more hot than cold. He made 26 appearances and scored 2 goals which came in consecutive games, one of which was a 25-yard screamer. Like Neumann, a lot of his work went unnoticed but played a vital part in the engine room. Will likely be here next season, likely as a substitute.

Forwards
    Abdou Dieye - Key Player - The best player in my squad by a mile. Rated as the worst striker in my squad, he ripped apart opponents and won the awards for most Man of the Match awards and the Golden Boot after 21 goals in 37 games in all competitions. Without his goals there is no way we'd have won the league.
    David Ledy - A very hot and cold player. When he's on form, he can't stop scoring. On the flip-side, he went on an incredible 16 hour goal drought, and as the supposed best striker in my squad, it wasn't good enough! Not sure if he'll be here next season. 12 goals in 35 games isn't an awful return.
    Paulin Voavy - Not at club - The Madagascan striker who only played a few games, mainly as sub, before being released. The board were upset by this, but he wasn't really good enough.
    Peguy Luyindula - The former PSG striker was signed to provide experience and to put the goals away. This didn't happen, and I should have guessed, since he was hardly what you would call prolific for PSG. 3 goals in 22 games isn't what I had hoped for, though he has never managed more than 6 goals in a league a season. Due to his advancing age, I imagine he won't play next season for me
    Billel Omrani - Not at club - The French-Israeli 19 year old was loaned in from the Marseille under-19's, and was my first signing. He really didn't hit it off. Managing only 1 goal in the league, he scored in 3 consecutive cup games against lower-league sides, and soon was languishing on the bench and had his loan terminated early.

Next season, my main aim is to survive in Ligue 2. Wish me luck ;)

Hope you like this. Took an absolute age!
    Last edited by Aztekia; 17-01-2012 at 16:10.

Semi Pro
    Lusitânia Açores, Angra do Heroísmo - Big Euro Nation

Nice update and great season Aztekia! Dieye's pace should be a real asset for Ligue 2. You look like you've got the makings of a decent squad already and with a couple of additions I can't see you having too much trouble consolidating in that league.

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Aztekia - lovely update - deserved the time it took! congrats on winning the title. good luck next season in Ligue 2. As PRDH says, a few additions and i am sure you'll consolidate in that league at least. good luck.

Amateur

Aztekia - Well done, I am Cannes also and had Pinaud in my squad for the first season in Ligue 1. He is a good solid winger. I think you may surprise yourself and push for promotion first season.

Feel completely aggrieved by the referee in both legs of my Champions League qtr final v Chelsea two penalty decisons I criticised and the FA were silent over both of them which means I was right one for and one against. Net result would have been a win for us. C**ts
    Last edited by Randy Palmer; 18-01-2012 at 00:24.

Amateur

Cheers guys, top of Ligue 2 after 2 games with 4 points and 4-0 away thrashing of Tours. Looking good so far.

Amateur

Just won the league woo hoo

Youth Team

well done Randy...

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Just beat my closest title rivals, Queen's park, 6-1 away. At the start of February my Annan side are now top of the Scottish third division by 6 points. Hopefully I can avoid the laste slump that we suffered last season!

Amateur

Season Review 2021/2022

League Table | Position Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

A season with two very different faces. We started the season off horribly with a 4-2 loss against promoted Aachen and after a 2-0 win over Stuttgart I thought things would pick up from there, but they didn't. We lost 2 easy games in a row and after a draw and our second win in 5 games, the season didn't wasn't going well. We only got four more wins in the first half of the season: 1-0 over Mainz, 4-0 over Nürnberg, a very lucky 1-0 win against Dormund (who had a horrific season) and a 2-0 against last-placed St. Pauli. The rest of the games were all lost in a similar way: We dominated possession but didn't create anything but the opponent could create plenty and would eventually score.

With some tweeks during the winter break, the second half started off much better than the first with 8 game winning run, we played some great football (especially at home) and were rising the table steadily towards the european places, the run only ended because our away form started to drop and we lost 2 games in a row against Mainz and Hoffenheim. 3 good wins followed but after failing to win three games in a row we still had to fight for european football as the table was agonizingly close. After the heavy away loss we had to win our last 2 games and needed Mainz to drop points to end 5th and get into europe again. We did our part of the deal, but on the last day Mainz succumbed to 5-0 win over Aachen and got the fifth place, and as 6th isn't enough anymore, we aren't playing in europe next season, off by a point again.

DFB-pokal - I hoped to make a bit of a run this season, but with the bad form in the league we couldn't get the best of Gladbach and again were out early.

UEFA Europa League - We started in the third qualifying round with an easy draw against Jagiellonia they were dispatched of easily enough to set up a place in the last round, in which we were drawn against Braga, A 2-2 draw at their place put us in a good position for the second leg, and we did it profesionally, which meant we would be in the group stage for the first time ever. We were drawn a winnable group against PSV, Besiktas and our feeder club FC RB Salzburg. We won the first three games, and even after we lost the second game to Salzburg, we still qualified for the first Knockout round. The other 2 games were a bit dissapointing with a loss against Besiktas and a drew at PSV, and that meant we finished the group in second place after the other Red Bull club from Austria.

In the knockout round I thought we got a easy draw against SK Sturm Graz, but because they scored a lot away goal we made it more difficult for ourselves than we should have, and in the lost 3-1 at their place, so the european adventure lasted shorter than I hoped.

Finances - The finances ar healthy enough with the prize money received at the end of the year, the only thing still keeping us from making a monthly profit are the low attendances.

Transfers - I brought in a lot of fresh blood this season for quite a bit of money, but they're all big prospects who had great seasons.

Squad 1 | Squad 2 - We have a very capable squad that should be able to qualify for europe on a yearly basis.

Top players:
    5: Sabri Kasa - A great first season for the winger.
    4: Stefan Kalpakov - A big improvement, and one of my best players.
    3: Kola Opara - The young striker did great and is still developing expecting a lot from this guy.
    2: Nicolas Levis - The potential star had a very good first season, only just fell short of the 20 goal mark.
    1: Scott Brownlie - The explosive striker was again our topscorer, 1 goal short of the 20, but has a lot of competition from Opara.

Amateur

Team Overview | Team Information | Squad
    Manager Personal Page | Manager Profile

Objectives for 1st season:
    1. Drop dead weight
    2. Restructure coaching staff
    3. Gain trust of Board to invest funds
    4. Hopefully avoid relegation

Ill do introductions and team details at end of my season.

Figure i throw my hat in ring, wish me luck.

Youth Team

welcome Babaginoosh and good luck in Russia. hopefully you manage all of your objectives.

As for me, my debut Bundesliga season is complete. i will try and get the review up in the next couple of days.

Semi Pro

Welcome aboard Babaginoosh. That's a really odd club logo! Is it two skunks fighting over a flaming ball?

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

C.D. Castellón - LIGA adelante - 2013/14
    Breaking the Glass Ceiling

Club Information | League Table | Position Graph
    Transfers (1) (2) | Squad (1) (2)
    Finances | Confidence

The most mental of seasons. At the start, I thought it was just going to be a survival job, which turned into a nice mid-table position. Then everything seemed to click, and the players just changed. Up the table we went. The league win came on the final day of the season. A mix between a good win and very good luck, as 5 other teams could have won the league it was that tight. In the end though, we did, and La Liga awaits!

Key Players
    Jorge Padilla | Hamed Al-Kubasi | Xabier Etxeita

In a season with few goals, the three standout players were two midfielders and a defender. Padilla was a steal! Signed on a free after his release from Spurs, he instantly jumped to 300k value. I've currently went a bit further into the game since taking these shots, and he's now worth 2.2m. I have a feeling he'll be with us for a while. Hamed Al-Kubasi was another one who shined. He's now worth 1.4m. Xabier Etxeita's fantastic season earned him interest from other clubs, and I needed the money, so he was sold to Cordoba early in the La Liga season, as you'll see in the next update.

Aims for Next Season
    • Stay up
    • Get the finances sorted
    • Continue to keep the transfer fees low

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13         Second Division B3    4th               Promoted - Playoffs 
    2013/14         LIGA adelante         1st               Promoted - Champions

Semi Pro

Great season Swinburn. Where do you think you can finish in La Liga?

As for me, well it's been a fairly poor start to the season. There's plenty of time to turn it around, but I'm not looking good at the moment.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PRDH View Post
    Great season Swinburn. Where do you think you can finish in La Liga?

As for me, well it's been a fairly poor start to the season. There's plenty of time to turn it around, but I'm not looking good at the moment.
    Anything above relegation is fine by me. I reckon about 16th/17th.

Amateur

Thank you for the welcomes!!

Welcome aboard Babaginoosh. That's a really odd club logo! Is it two skunks fighting over a flaming ball?
    I have been searching for information on the team but cant seem to find any. If i had to guess, they look like mink but they dont have a white front

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post
    \I have been searching for information on the team but cant seem to find any. If i had to guess, they look like mink but they dont have a white front
    Welcome aboard Babaginoosh and good luck in Russia...
    Info to possibly help you: THeir website (History Page translated to English) - Nice to see a club that used to be at the top level heading back that way.

Amateur

Castellon dream is on hold right now. I got crash dumped. Big style. Game won't go past the 30th June, no matter what I do. I've had to upload the save and see if it's fixable

Youth Team

seriously unlucky Swinburn... really hope it can be fixed for you...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    seriously unlucky Swinburn... really hope it can be fixed for you...
    I've heard nothing yet, but it's only been a few hours. For now, I'm just going to restart and hope that something can be done and go back to it if I can.

Semi Pro

they could of farted on it

Semi Pro

i am in December on my club and i am ok with the big clubs but god id wish the mid table club would forkoff

Semi Pro

I'm putting my Gundo attempt on hold for the moment and gonna give this a go, mainly because I need to figure out whether I've lost interest in my gundo save, or whether I have just had enough of football manager for the year.

edit: I was thinking about France, but the whole CFA not being playable but in the game just bugs me far too much, so I am now holidaying in Turkey. Given I tend to stick to Western Europe when managing FMs, this could be a radically different step for me, and there are more squad restrictions than I am generally comfortable with but I need to try something different.

If anyone has any tip for Turkey please let me know, probably wont pick the club til the morning.
    Last edited by Gilbster; 20-01-2012 at 01:28.

Semi Pro

Introducing the new manager of Afyonkarahisarspor in Turkey.

Club Info | Facilities | Club Overview

I am really excited to be managing in Turkey for probably my first time ever, and picked Afyon (no way am I using the ful name of a club I cant pronounce or spell!) mainly due to them playing in purple, and purple is my favourite colour. We are currently in Group A of the Turkish Second Division and have a trophy cabinet to be filled.

Afyonkarahisar is a city in western Turkey, the capital of Afyon Province. Afyon is in mountainous countryside inland from the Aegean coast, 250 km (155 mi) south-west of Ankara along the Akarçay River. The name Afyon Kara Hisar (lirerally opium black castle in Turkish), since opium was widely grown here and there is a castle on a black rock. Also known simply as Afyon.

We are a club that is moving into a 15,000 capacity stadium in January, and has average youth recruitment and minimal youth facilities which I am excited by as I am hoping it means once we start improving our finances we can improve and perhaps develop our own youth, something I havent managed at all in this version of FM yet.

With a media prediction of 17th out of 18, all we can realistically hope for is survival this season. I will hopefully be able to bring in some quality free transfers and hope we can stay up.

It looks as though my first signings will be back up Defence, a second good striker and just some more general depth to the squad, as well as some staff, as apart from a Assistant and a goalkeeping coach we have none.

Amateur

Vikeologist’s 2022/2023 End of Season Report

Code:

Season League Pos Cups Europe Achievements 2012/13 Sc Div 3 1st No comment n/a Manager of the Year 2013/14 Sc Div 2 1st Challenge Cup Finalists n/a Manager of the Year 2014/15 Sc Div 1 3rd CC Winners & SC Final qual None 2015/16 Sc Div 1 2nd CC & SC Winners, LC R/U EC 3Q Manager of the Year 2016/17 Sc Div 1 1st Challenge Cup Winners EC 4Q Manager of the Year 2017/18 Sc Prem 5th LC Final qual None 2018/19 Sc Prem 7th LC Winners EC R2 Manager of the Year 2019/20 Sc Prem 1st SC Winners, LC R/U n/a Manager of the Year 2020/21 Sc Prem 1st SC & LC Winners EC Winners Manager of the Year 2021/22 Sc Prem 1st SC Winners cc Q/F Manager of the Year 2022/23 Sc Prem 1st LC R/U CC R1 Manager of the Year

Squad

Transfers

League – Was winning it by a mile (13 points), and giving some of the reserves a 1st team run out in my customary complacent way until Celtic went on a great streak near the end and pulled within 5 points. We beat them in a title decider with 4 games to go, but then lost our next match. Upshot was that we didn’t secure the title until the penultimate game of the season, but it was never seriously in doubt.
    Domestic Cups – Our reserves lost in the final of the league Cup, and the 1st team managed to lose the semi-final against Hearts.
    Champions League – We were in a tough group with Sporting Lisbon, Liverpool and some whipping boy who I’ve forgotten about, but we won the group quite easily with 5 wins out of 6. The in the first knock out round we were drawn against Barcelona who schooled us at the Nou Camp 3-0. (It would have been 4-0 if they hadn’t had an entirely legitimate goal ruled out, and the referee would have stopped the contest early if it was a boxing match). We needed a miracle back at the East Stirlingshire stadium, but the only miracle that transpired was some of the spectators managing to stay awake for the 0-0 snooze fest.
    And that was it. We’re dominant in Scotland, but show no sign of being able to win the Champions League. This was only our third season in the competition but it looks as though we’re going backwards. I’ve spent a lot of money on transfers and paying the wages necessary to keep my best players, and we should take another small step towards peaking this season, but the board have reduced my wage budget (because we had a transfers deficit last season) so there’s little to no money to bring in new players. Nobody else seems to want to offer outrageous sums for my valuable and / or overpaid players, so I’m pretty much going to stick with my squad from last year for one more season and see if the 22/23 season was an aberration.

Youth Team

welcome to the challenge Gilbster. good to have you here. good luck in Turkey.

Amateur

Back in business! Turns out having 320 players on subscriptions isn't a good idea. Castellón are back!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swinburn View Post
    Back in business! Turns out having 320 players on subscriptions isn't a good idea. Castellón are back!
    Great news!

Youth Team

great news swinburn...

Amateur

Italy - S.S.D. Teramo Calcio

Club Overview | Club Info | Facilities | The Manager

After taking a quick look at the squad, there was one player that stood out. 16 year old attacking midfielder, Tony Collela who is already rated as the clubs best player. I've already slapped on a £10M asking price on him to deter any bids and I will be offering him a new contract very soon.

In terms of the game setup, on top of the Italian leagues loaded on a large database, I also loaded players from top clubs in every continent and also all players based in Italy.

Stadium : Comunale
    Capacity : 13,000(Although various sites say that it is 7,498)

Last edited by roganp; 21-01-2012 at 11:31.

Amateur

Team Overview | Team Information | Squad
    Manager Personal Page | Manager Profile

Winter break update:

Finance | Squad

First of all, I had no idea how brutal the league is with these 2-a-week games. It has taken a serious toll on my team with injuries, exhaustion, and morale. Thankfully the team was able to pull through and end up 6 points ahead of the 16th place team which avoids relegation.

My goal all season, due to lack of funds and starting with a drastically inferior team compared to the rest of the league, is to stay up and chip off bad contracts. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to bust my wage budget to make sure I stay up because of how bad the team is and how low my budget is compared to most of the teams.

I made 3 major signings which busted my budget, but has been worth it, so I snatched up a good GK, a boss of a CB, and a workhorse as my DM. I made a decision early to build from the back and surrender offense until the next year and so far it has worked. Im certain that I will be moving up even more now that the schedule has thinned out and hopefully ill finish mid table.

Notable signings:
    GK - Aleksandrs Vlasovs - As solid as can between the pipes, Aleks has been a godsend. I purchased him on transfer for $14k and turned out to be a good signing, conceding 33 goals in 20 games.

CB - Mikhail Simonyan - Armenian brick wall who helped tremendously with his solid play. Unfortunately he is paired up a dreadful cover defender and isn’t playing to his full potential. Its an issue I will be addressing next season.

DM - Alexandr Onica - Alexandr had been my most productive player helping to solidify the lack of speed on defense and transitioning the team to counter attack whenever possible. My best signing by far and the main reason why we are doing so well due to his solid play and his fitness to play almost every game in that first half of the season before the break.

More info coming at the end of my season.

Objectives for 1st season:
    1. Drop dead weight
    2. Restructure coaching staff
    3. Gain trust of Board to invest funds
    4. Hopefully avoid relegation
    Last edited by Babaginoosh; 21-01-2012 at 06:21.

Amateur

Just had my youth products through for this season. Along with the usual rubbish I got this guy potential to be SPL quality apparently

Part-Timer

Just a quick update from me this time, as the forum keeps screwing up my posts.

Gypsum's Annan athletic - End of season update

Scottish third division - 2032/33 (Season 2)

Gypsum Fantastic: Manager profile / Information

League position:
    1st
    / Position chart
    Media prediction: 2nd

Transfers

Finances

Squad

Star players:

Simon Christie - AMR

Alan Moyes - DC

Andrew Byrne
    - ST

Code:
    Year            Division                 Position                 Other achivements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2031/32         Third division           2nd                      Playoff finalists
    2032/33         Third division           1st                      Scottish cup 5th round
    Last edited by Gypsum; 25-01-2012 at 11:36.

Part-Timer

Just signed a new scout and he recommends this guy, Pat McDermott, straight away. Should be a bit useful at 2nd division level.

Youth Team

roganp - welcome to the challenge and good luck with Teramo. looks a nice little stadium to see Serie A football in... ;)
    gypsum - well done on winning the title and promotion. McDermott looks like he should be very useful at that level and above. good pace and finishing ability always a bonus.
    Liverbird93 - looks a good prospect does McKay. good luck nurturing him.

Youth Team

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2017/18

Season Review

League Finish: 12th Graph Club Overview Club Information

The League

So, after all of the stressing with regards to surviving in the Bundesliga with the same players that had got us promoted, we managed it quite easily, finishing a creditable 12th. So why aren’t I happier about it, after all all I wanted was survival…? If you look at the grapy it shows that towards the end of the season we tailed off and fell from 8th to 12th. What it also doesn’t show is that when we were 8th we were in touching distance of Europe, only to fall away. I guess I am not too disheartened considering but it makes me wonder where we could have come had we had more money to spend. We had notable results during the season, the highlight of which was probably beating Dortmund at home something I would only have dreamed about 12 months previously. I guess we’ll see what the summer brings in terms of finances.

German Cup

A comfortable away win against Bamberg and then at home to Aachen saw us play Duisburg in the 3rd round. A weakened team misfired and we went out in the 3rd round again. need to make more of an impact in the competition next season.

The Players

Here’s a look at the players who handled the step up to the Bundesliga better than I could have hoped for:

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

30. Niclas Heimann - I was a little concerned as to how Niclas would handle the step up but he did pretty well all things considered. Still his future may be uncertain depending on what I can do in the transfer market…

Full Backs

22. Andreas Schroder - Andreas became club captain and handled the step up with real aplomb. Real star of this team and deserves to play at this level.
    2. Segun Agba - Segun just couldn’t make the RB spot his, but did ok again when called upon. Will leave the club this summer though.
    33. Sahin Yamac - Sahin was once more first choice LB but he didn’t excel in the Bundesliga. Rafael has the chance to put pressure on him next season.
    3. Rafael - Rafael was back-up once again though did get game time. I think Rafael is our long-term LB.

Centre Backs

6. Osmar - Osmar was a first team regular again and did ok but I have to be honest and say I maybe expected a little more from him. Will be a make or break season maybe next season for him.
    15. Andrejus Birskys - Andrejus put Osmar in the shade this season and was our best CB. Highly courted now, I feel I may be fighting off the bids this summer for him.
    55. Alexandr Kuznetsov - the young Belorussian came of age a bit this season and proved that I have a potential star on my hands. Will push hard next season to make the first team and I wouldn’t rule it out.
    36. Vitaly Korolkov - Vitaly didn’t feature this season but he has his future still ahead of him, and it may well be at Mannheim..

Midfielders

4. Zafer Balikci - Zafer joined as one of only two signings and boy what a debut season. Justified fully my faith in him, he was an assist machine for us. Heavily courted again, keeping him this summer is a must.
    7. Nicolas Ruiz - Nicolas was once more our first choice RM but I have to say he was another not to perform quite as well as I thought he might. Another for whom next season may be a big one in his future.
    8. Nikolay Kolyadko - Nikolay failed to establish himself in the first team this season and is now a squad player.
    11. Eoin Doherty - Eoin got plenty of game time this season and di ok when he played. Not as explosive as Nkusu Landu but a more reliable player.
    14. Migen Toma - A breakthrough season for Toma, who took the step up in division in his stride and established himself alongside Balikci. Surprise package of the season.
    18. Marino Kresic - Marino was once more a reserve and may well leave this summer as I juggle the squad.
    21. Vladimir Sokolov - Vladimir became unhappy this season and I decided to relegate him to the shadows. Will hopefully leave this summer, if I can find a taker.
    23. Mark Mainwaring - Mark was a squad player this season and is another whose future is in doubt.
    24. Craig Hopkins - Craig was the main victim from the arrival of Balikci and found himself in and out of the team. Still a player of quality I want to keep.
    72. Jaud Nkusu Landu - Jaud was somewhat back in favour this season and put in some good performances. Unfortunately he had some shockers too and so was in and out of the team.
    78. Paulo Lemos - Paulo played his first few matches this season and did ok. Decent potential, he may feature more next season.

Strikers

10. Vladislav Scherbakov - Vladislav handled the step up pretty well and showed encouraging signs for the future. I am hopeful next season could see him hit the big time in Germany.
    25. Yassine Hamdaoui - Yassine was the main support for Scherbakov and did ok, though he could have scored more goals. I feel this division may be a step too far though.
    29. Edvin Topic - Edvin was another to get plenty of game time but too struggled a little for goals. Still has time to grow into the division however.
    99. Gurami Enukidze - Gurami was very much a back up player, though he did a decent job when required. We will see what this summer brings for him.
    17. Ciaran Bradley - Ciaran featured a couple of times but I think he may have reached a level where he will never be a Bundesliga player, which is a shame.

Finances

Finances improved greatly this summer thanks to prize money and also out tight arsed chairman. Hopefully he may let me spend a little of it next season, although I don’t hold my breath. Wheeler dealing may be required.

The Future

Having secured our position as a Bundesliga club, it is time to kick on a bit now and try and improve on our 12th place finish. My target next season is a top-10 finish. Time will tell if I can manage it though I remain optimistic given our form this season.

Career History
    Code:
    Season      League        Pos.    German Cup  Europe     Achievements
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    2012/13   3rd Division    12th     N/A         N/A      
    2013/14   3rd Division    2nd      N/A         N/A        Promotion
    2014/15   2nd Division    3rd    1st Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs
    2015/16   2nd Division    3rd    3rd Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs again
    2016/17   2nd Division    2nd    3rd Round     N/A        Promotion
    2017/18   Bundesliga      12th   3rd Round      N/A
    Last edited by rlipscombe; 21-01-2012 at 22:32.

Third Team

Des Tiny's AD Parla

Pre-Season 2017/18
    Liga Adelante
    September 10th Update

The Transfers

In Brief
    In: 5 Players (€0)
    Out: 10 Players (€168k)
    Loans: 3 Players (€3k)
    Wages Total: €29,679 (p/w)
    Wage Budget: €31,799 (p/w)
    Remaining Transfers: €538k

This offseason I have not made many signings at all, and also left my transfer budget there for now, it means there may be some changes coming in January depending on how the team goes early on.

New Signings

First Team

Ricardo (DL,Free) - He came in from Real Madrid's youth side, but he will step straight on the park for us and becomes our first signing from the big boys. I am hoping he can cement a spot as left back has been a bit weak for us in the history.
    Simone Ravasi (GK,Free) - Brought in from Atalanta as a replacement for Cappellari, my squad was in need of a new spark at the back and I am hoping that Ravasi is the man to do that for us.
    Denis Shelekov (ML,Free) - Adding a second Russian to my squad as further cover for the midfield, last season Delgado had to cover Cris down the left as there was no replacement left mid, this year Shelekov will provide that cover.
    Tobias Wagner (DL,Free) - I ended up finding another solid left back in Wagner late in the window and he has joined the squad at the expense of Rebocho & Ivanic, looks like overall to be cover for Ricardo

Youth

Bartosz Gul (MC,Free) - The young Pole has been brought in as cover for my young centre midfield pairing, I am hoping to train him up into the third midfield superstar for Parla, but will watch his development first and see how he builds.

Overall I am pretty happy with the signings, I filled the obvious holes in defense and down the left side of the park. Added some further young depth to the squad as well and gave myself a better looking squad overall. Now just on the lookout for a young (16-17) striker with some potential.

Transfers Out
    First Team
    Roberto Cappellari --> Lecce 40k
    Bruno Guillou --> SC Ashdod
    €100k
    Federico Gigli --> Mostoles €28k
    Matias Lopez --> Gernika Free

The Friendlies

Results

A series of large victories was finished with what I can only call an disaster, a 5-1 loss in a game we should've won with ease, and the form then carried over into the league as well.

Liga Adelante

27.08 vs Castilla 2:3
    Briand (10,72)

Briand and Pogam exchanged goals through the game, but then an 82nd minute strike for Castilla saw it end for us, we had scored a pair of goals on opening night, but the end result was a loss not what we needed.

30.08 at Guadalajara 1:2
    Paulinho (Pen 74)

This game was a weird one, the first half was all ours, but we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. In the second half we started well, but once they got the goal against the run of play my boys seemed to give up and we managed to get a lucky penalty before they finished us off.

03.09 vs Valladolid 4:0
    Herlein (25), Cris (36), Delgado (63), OG (88)

What a turnaround, my boys showed that they can score when they want too, and with three players getting on the score sheet with much needed goals I thought that it was a sign of things to come.

10.09 at Villareal "B" 0:3

The first half should've ended at nil all, but for a very late goal to Villareal, even me firing up a bit in the locker room at halftime didn't change the result, and then they managed to add a second, we pushed forward and forced a red card, but this just led to them scoring again and the game was over.

I was gutted by the start to the season, it sees us sitting in 20th overall so far. The squad needs to seriously look at itself and I am hoping a turn in form can see us climb back up the table through the season.

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the Liga Adelante this season:
    GK: Ravasi
    DR: Varela, DC: Perego & Ozlu, DL: Ricardo
    MR: Lopez, MC: Delgado & Tretjakov, ML: Cris
    ST: Herlein, Briand

Well the changes at the back saw Ravasi & Ricardo coming in from outside, while Perego has stepped up to replace Lopez because he failed to get Spanish citizenship in time for the deadline, he will be hoping to make it into the side again come January, he wasn't happy to miss the squad, but if it goes to plan I then have 4 top class central defenders. In the midfield Cris replaces the departed Taygun while a move to a flat 4-4-2 sees Tretjakov move in alongside Delgado and we will look to use these two youngsters to feed Herlein & Briand upfront.

Season tickets have climbed slightly to 2941 this season, but I am hoping to regularly fill the 6000 seat stadium, and then get another expansion by the end of the season. Our odds have shortened to 1000-1 this season, but I have decided there must be some sort of issue with the reputation because of the current playable clubs I am 5th to bottom on the rep list even after finishing 7th (27th best in Spain) last season. Ozgur Bayraktar did make it to the U20s World Cup with Turkey as he attempted to get himself a World Cup medal.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 22-01-2012 at 00:27.

Third Team

Lower Leagues Rule's Motivating Update

Swinburn: Hard Luck, hopefully they can fix the game for you and you can get back to Castellon, incredible to see your progress. Excellent to see you back, can't wait to hear the rest of the tour in Spain.
    Gilbster: Welcome back and good luck with The Afys, I had a go with them last season, but I got frustrated with the huge number of restrictions on my signings. Though turns out this is the case is in Spain as well. Best of Luck.
    Vikeologist: Good to see some progress in Scotland, four league titles in a row is a good solid base, but disappointing to see the draw in the first round of the Champions League come up against Barca, what a tough match. Better luck in the next season.
    RoganP: Welcome to the Big Euro Challenge, nice looking little club you have there, good luck in gaining some ground with Teramo.
    Babaginoos: A reasonable start in the first season, I think the aim of absolutely everyone is to make sure they avoid the drop first season, achieve that and you set yourself in good stead to get ahead.
    Liverbird: What is it going to cost to buy McKay off you? A damned good looking youth striker there, hopefully he can develop into a superstar for Elgin City and the big teams don't come knocking too early on.
    Gypsum: A great second season there and good to see promotion, now its just a matter of climbing the ladder step by step, good luck with your boys making the step up.
    Rlipscombe: That was a very impressive first season at the top level, delighted to see how successful your team was, now the question has to be whether you can take that form into a new season and get towards the European slots.

To everyone else, good luck in your seasons, I hope you get all the players you are hunting, you gain promotion, win your league or avoid relegation.

Part-Timer

My team just had three penalties in a game, and we missed two of them! We still won though, so i'm not too angry.

Also, one of my players has just got a full international cap for Greece!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 22-01-2012 at 19:02.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Rlipscombe: That was a very impressive first season at the top level, delighted to see how successful your team was, now the question has to be whether you can take that form into a new season and get towards the European slots.
    Cheers mate. i have to say that given how i was unable to strengthen the team i have to be pleased with our finish. Made it through pre-season and am fairly happy with my squad going into this season. time will tell what happens.

Semi Pro

Afyon 2012/13 Turkish Second Division

Table | Transfers | Squad

What a tough first season. I atttempted to strengthen where possible but ultimately all I wanted was to be in the division for next season. And thanks to a last day of the season win, we secured our safety.

We had a run to the 4th round of the Turkish cup, where we lost to a Premier Division team, but I'm happy with making it past any rounds, when I was told to enjoy the competition.

I have enhanced my staff so that I am able to scout around the place but not sure how much use scouting a variety of countries is, when I can only sign Turkish players or those that count as turkish in this division.

We have already got a few new players coming in on bosmans for the new season, and I'm hoping I can keep control over the wages and just make do with what I have when I hit the budget instead of going over and over like I always do!

Aims:

Survive!
    Strenghen
    Steal more wins!

Part-Timer

Congrats on the dramatic survival Glibster!

Amateur

Season review 2022/2023

League Table | Position Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

The season didn't start well for us with 2 1-0 losses against Schalke and Werder Bremen, so it looked we were in for another frustrating season. Things however picked up with 3 good wins in row, even though we lost three of our next 5 games, we then went on a 6 game winning streak, which led us to the european places, we didn't end well with a 1-2 loss against Leverkusen.

The second half of the season was a lot more inconsistent, with wins followed by losses or draws. We won 2 games against Schalke and Werder Bremen, but then lost 2 against Stuttgart and Wolfsburg, this was again followed by two wins. But after the lost game at 1860 München, form picked up as we then went 6 games unbeaten with just 2 draws. We lost our last game of the season at home to Mainz, we were still very much in the race for european football next sesaon and could even get champions league for the first time ever. We easily beat Nürnberg 3-0 in the first game, after that came the very difficult away game away Bayern München. We won the game with a lot luck and so all came down to the last game of the season. I was competing with Dortmund for the last CL spot. We played Leverkusen at home and the played HSV at home. They won in the last minute, and we were just the better team and also won, so their game didn't matter as we grabbed the CL spot, and will enter at the best-placed playoff.

DFB-pokal - We had more trouble with both Bochum and Wehen than we should have, and our awful cup form continued as we dissapointingly went out in the third round after a loss against Leverkusen.

Squad 1 | Squad 2 - We have a strong squad that can only get better over the coming years, especially with some smart investments.

Transfers - We bought some good players for the depth of the squad and it worked out well.

Top players:
    5: Stefan Kalpakov - Again had a very good season for us, not as much goals as last season, but still did great.
    4: Servet Taylan - Bought last season as a back-up for Caron, but performed very well and got himself a spot in the first team.
    3: Jacob Gibbons - Has been at the club for 8 seasons now, and the faithful servant and a great player for us every season.
    2: Nicolas Levis - Not as much goals as last season, but as he's only 21 and already has been called up a few teams for the national team.
    1: Kola Opara - The young nigerian striker had a great season for us, missed some games due to the african nations, and still got in third on the top scorers list.

Youth Team

FINALLY finished with my MA assignments and now have two weeks off work

Time to get this challenge back on track! I am actually 2 seasons behind report wise but, when taking a break from writing 6,500 words, felt like playing rather thean typing up reports. Expect an update or two tomorrow from Keçiörengücü - there has been progress ;)

Youth Team
    the branch kevinian religious croquet cult

Time for a return to this challenge. I never played FM11 but I will give it a whirl with this year's game. Decided on France as I have not played there for years and years.

I had a shortlist of several potential clubs and one came up quite quickly (although the CFA leagues in FM don't seem to be up-to-date for this season). So, please say hello to Jacques Christophe who is now the manager of the other club in France's 2nd city: Lyon-Duchère Association Sportive. First long-term aim is to become the best club within 10km, second is obviously to complete the challenge, something I have yet to be anywhere near doing in my previous attempts.

Here the squad that I have inherited. And yes, that is THE Laurent Robert. Not really too sure what he is doing here as I thought he had retired but he was signed up last Summer. In any case, as he is one of the worst 1st team players and his contract is up next month, I doubt he will stay very long...

They play in the Stade de Balmont which currently looks like this.

Semi Pro

Россия и Европа завоеванном теперь большие пушки

Finances £-3Million
    Value £150 Million (£15Million Loan)

Squad
    Squad1

Transfers
    Transfers

Media Prediction 8th
    Finished 1st

Championnnnnss!!!!!! Well we started of really well and then we got into a bit of trouble around November and December but after Christmas was out of the way the guys rallied around and kept winning and CSKA felt the pressure and faltered and my boys turned the screw and pulled away in the league and had it won with to games to spare.

Fixtures
    Fixtures
    Fixtures

Player Stats
    Team Stats

Cup Run got knocked out on penaltys even though i was winning 2-0 in ET but Benzema is made of glass and gets injured and i was down to 10 men and under pressure

Cup Run Europa League Champions played well beating 2 Russian teams on our way to become champions to put an even bigger stamp of our authority in the RPL
    Final Match Formation
    Match Stats
    Player Stats

Key players

Luis - Bought him the summer after having a scouting trip at the French invitational cup thought he was going to be a squad player but went straight into the 1st team and never looked back

Sidibie - had an awesome season again scoring more goal than anybody in the Division amd so far he has gone under the radar of the so called big clubs

TheOx - got him on loan because i needed a RW and ii found one and now i signed him on a Free Transfers

Lavallen - This guy is my Anchor man of my Midfield he is a Beast

Pjanic - The Attacking menace of my midfield got him

Ushakov - My hown grown youngster still only 18 and he is one of my best Midfielders Bio

One to Watch
    Insua - this guy will be a Star

Next Season Expectations Retain League Title win Euro Super Cup and Win Champions League
    Last edited by toonbalmy87; 24-01-2012 at 00:21.

Youth Team

toonbalmy87 - congrats on winning the league and the Europa League! got yourself some real quality players too. good luck in the CL next season.
    ghostwriter - welcome and good luck with your game.
    DodgeeD - looking forward to seeing your progress - sounds encouraging!!

Semi Pro

toonbalmy87 - That guy is already a star! Excellent season too.
    ghostwriter - Bienvenue et bonne chance! I don't think I've ever seen a player valued as low as £85. That's harsh.

Semi Pro

toonbalmy87 - That guy is already a star! Excellent season too.
    um hes not a star at the moment only 2n1/2 or 3 stars and my main RW is 4 stars

Semi Pro

Afyon - Turkish Second Division - 2013/14 End of season update

Table | Transfers | Squad

What a difference a season makes My last game last season was to see if we would still be in the division. My last game this season was to see if we could make the playoffs. Somehow we did squeeze into them, and beat teams in the playoff quarters and semis, so it came down to yet another last day of the season. However this one did not have the fairytale result, we lost 3-1 to the team that had finished 2nd in the other group. So we are still 2nd div for next season, but we put up a fantastic showing.

A bunch of players I thought I had signed just before the end of the january transfer window all have join dates of the summer, so I suppose I have already sorted out some reinforcements, shame they havent appeared when I wanted them too.

Generally just got to hope we can get playoffs or a bit better next season.

Youth Team

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German Bundesliga – Season 2018/19

Season Preview

So having established ourselves as a Bundesliga club in our first season in the top flight, I was optimistic of being given some funds to help push us on a level. To an extent it happened, but it required some wheeler dealing to be able to strengthen in areas I felt needed strengthening.

To that end, here are the new signings who will helpfully help us kick on in this league…

Transfers

Goalkeepers

13. Patrik Colavic - I felt that finding another keeper was essential for me. Heimann has been a great servant but it was an area I felt could be improved. To that end, Colavic was signed for just over £2 million. I have high hopes for him and he could be a real star for us in future seasons.

Full Backs

2. Victor Escobar - Following the departure of Agba on a free transfer I needed another right back in the club. Victor is highly rated and will push Schroder for a starting spot.

Midfielders

20. Nestor Lopez - Nestor joins for £750k from his homeland of Uruguay. The coaches currently think he is a little short on being ready for the first team, but he will get plenty of run-outs from the bench this season in order to help his development.

Strikers

9. Jurgen Locadia - Jurgen joins on a season loan from PSV and will hopefully help improve the quality of the strikeforce a little. Will probably be Scherbakov’s strike partner.

The Upcoming Season

So we have made a few key signings as we look to move the club forward. I am happy with my signings and I am HOPEFUL of a push towards the Top 10 this season. We shall see how the Waldhof-Buben go this season in achieving my target of a Top-10 finish.

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2020/21 Season Review

Quick Overview
    Premier Division: 3rd
    Championship Group: 2nd
    (qualified for next season’s Champions League)
    Turkish Cup: 5th Round
    Champions League: Play-offs
    Europa League: 2nd Knockout Round

Premier Division
    A very inconsistent season. At times we played brilliantly and at others we were awful (including a 7-1 whooping at the hands of Beşiktaş!) Thankfully, we had by far the best strikeforce in the league and their goals saved us in many games we probably should have lost. A good run of form at the end of the season meant we finished 3rd yet again.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    I wasn’t expecting much from the Championship Group but in the end it was a vase of what might have been. We started brilliantly, getting revenge on Beşiktaş, surprising Galatasaray away from home and stuffing Fenerbahçe 4-0 in our own back yard. Another win over Beşiktaş put us three points clear with two games to go. A win in our next game over Galatasaray and the title would be ours….

We lost…

Nevermind as our head-to-head record meant we stayed ahead of Fenerbahçe. A point from them in the last game and the title would be ours…

We lost…

So frustrating to get so close and end up second!!! :mad:
    Final standings

Turkish Cup
    A poor showing for us once again. We beat Ankaragücü in the 4th round only to lose to a late goal at Gaziantepspor in the 5th. We would come back to the same venue 3 days later in the league and beat them 7-0….

Champions League Qualifiers
    Metalist of Ukraine were dispatched easily enough in our first qualifying round before a tough looking tie with Juventus. A last-minute goal earned us a 2-2 draw in Italy but we couldn’t make our away goals count as we went down 4-3 in the second leg.

Europa League
    That meant the Europa League again. We started well with 3 wins in the first three games against Sturm Graz, Dinamo Kiev and Marseille. We suffered a setback in France as we lost 4-0 but a 4-1 win in Austria in the next game assured our passage to the knockout rounds. Just as well as we lost the final group game at home to Kiev.
    Final Table

We would face French opposition again as we were paired with PSG in the 1st Knockout round. 2-1 victories in both legs sent us through to the next round to face Man City. We put up a good fight but they were too strong for us over the two legs and we went out 4-3 on aggregate.

The Squad: Transfers
    Hakan Konak was the only departure from the first team this season, moving to Rubin for 12millionTL. That money was reinvested in a few hot prospects. The main two to feature in the first team squad were a defender Ali Ihsan Boz, who impressed enough to make his Turkey debut towards the end of the season, and Hakan Sunar, a like for like replacement for Konak.

I also picked up a couple of promising players on free transfers from Swiss clubs with Carlos Silva and Malte Winter both proving to be decent additions to our defence.

The Squad: Key Players
    Kadir Alagöz (DC)
    - Only 17 but the standout performer in a sometimes shaky defence. It's no coincidence we lost that game at Beşiktaş when he was out injured!
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – Continues to perform like a seasoned pro in the anchor role and is now a regular starter in the national side as well.
    Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Stepped up to fill the void left by Konak’s departure. I have high hopes for this young Albanian.
    Barış Tan (AMLC) - Once again a consistent threat on the left wing. Great at cutting inside and turning defenders.
    Erman Ergin (ST) – Joins Kaya as a product of our youth system now established in the first team.
    Nicky Woodford (ST) – Had a couple of extended spells without a goal but was in fine form the rest of the time with 28 league goals and 17 assists. He also qualified for Turkish nationality and made his debut just after this screenshot was taken.

The Squad: Awards
    Nicky Woodford was Top Goalscorer in the Turkish Premier League for the 5th year in a row and also earned his second European Golden Boot making him the obvious choice for the Supporters’ Player of the Year. His strike partnership with Erman Ergin saw them both named in the league’s Team of the Year. Ergin was chosen as Striker of the Year while fellow youth team graduate Şahin Kaya won the Young Player of the Year award with Ali Ihsan Boz third.

And we have now won the Turkish Premier Division Fair Play League 6 years in a row!

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO | Qualified for Champions League

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2021/22 Season Review

Quick Overview
    Premier Division: 2nd
    Championship Group: Winners!!
    (qualified for next season’s Champions League Group Stage)
    Turkish Cup: 4th Round
    Champions League: Quarter-finals

Premier Division
    We were in great form for most of this season thanks in no small part to conceding fewer goals than ever before. That was just as well as a broken leg robbed us of the goal scoring talents of Nicky Woodford for most of the season. It quickly became clear that it was between us and Fenerbahçe for top spot with the other teams trailing far behind. We were in pole position most of the way with our only defeats coming away to Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş. We just couldn’t keep it going though and 2 defeats in our final 3 games meant Fenerbahçe pipped us to top spot.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    Just as well then that we have this Championship Group! An opening draw at Fenerbahçe was a decent start. We then won our next three to put us in exactly the same position as last year needing two points from our last two games to be crowned champions. This time we didn’t bottle it. A 4-1 win at Mersin I.Y. secured the title with a game to spare. Challenge part one complete!
    Final standings

Turkish Cup
    Our success in the league was definitely NOT matched in the cup as we could only draw at home to 1st Division side Beylerbeyi, going on to lose on penalties.

Champions League
    FC Twente were our first opponents, a side that beat us 5-1 in a Europa League game a couple of seasons back. To show how far we’ve come, we reversed that scoreline with a 5-1 win in Holland meaning the second leg was a formality. We still had to negotiate the final qualifying round, however – the point at which we had been eliminated for the past two seasons. This time we got Arsenal and I feared the worst. I needn’t have worried though as we pulled off a huge shock with a 1-0 win at the Emirates followed up by a 2-0 victory in Ankara sending us into the group stage for the first time!

On paper, Barcelona were favourites for the group and it looked like we would be battling for 2nd with Marseille and CSKA Moscow. A home win over CSKA was a good start before we sent shockwaves around Europe with a 3-2 win at the Camp Nou. A home draw with Marseille was followed by another 3-2 win in France and, much to my surprise and delight, we had secured qualification after just 4 games! Predictably, our form didn’t hold as we then lost in Russia and were beaten at home by Barcelona, who had to make do with a spot in the Europa League.
    Final Table

We were drawn against Porto in the 1st Knockout Round and our ginat-killing run continued as we won 5-1 in the first leg making the second game a formality. The dream finally ended in the quarter-finals in a thrilling tie with Man Utd. We came back from Old Trafford still very much in it after a 3-2 defeat. We were 2-0 up at one point in the second leg but the game would finish 3-3, sending us out 6-5 on aggregate.

With the higher wages demanded by my best players these days and the limited income from our tiny stadium, there wasn’t much money to spend at the start of the season so the only players in came on frees but none of them managed to make an impact on the first team. There weren’t any major departures either with only some squad players and youngster unable to make the grade moving on.

Berkan Yemiş (DR) – at 24, really started to reach his potential this season with very consistent performances.
    Carlos Silva (DL) – in his second season at the club showed some great form and made the left-back slot his own.
    Kadir Alagöz (DC) – only 18 but a rock at the heart of our much improved defence. Plenty of big European clubs are expressing interest but I am confident he’ll sign a new contract.
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – More of the same from Şahin who was consistently effective in his holding role.
    Matthew Blake (MC) – was in and out of the first team due to injuries but really took control of midfield when he played.
    Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Also struggled with injury but when fit he was on great form.
    Barış Tan (AMLC) – Another solid season from Mr. Dependable on the left.
    Alexandre Tavares (ST) – Had a slow start to the season but soon got a run in the team and plenty of goals after Woodford’s injury.

The Squad: Ones to Watch
    With Woodford out injured our striking options seemed depleted until youth team graduate Emrah Özkan started to make his mark. 11 goals in the league in his first full season – a star in the making?

Alexandre Taveres’ emergence saw him win the Striker of the Year award. The star of the season though was Kadir Alagöz who was named Young Player of the Year and was voted in as the Supporters’ Player of the Year. Ali Kemal Şahin was named Goalkeeper of the Year and all three featured in the Team of the Year along with Berkan Yemiş.

I reclaimed the Manager of the Year title and, yes, we did win the Fair Play award for the 7th consecutive time.

The Season Ahead…
    A great season with our first league title and major progress in Europe. I will be looking to defend that title and build on our Champions League success.

Off the pitch, prize money put us in a very strong financial postion. However, I won’t start planning for a spending spree just yet as the board made this announcement:

Obviously, I am delighted that we will have a new stadium if a little disappointed that it will only have a capacity of 8,500 (as well as the fact that it will not be named after me!) The loan does mean I’ll have to be careful with cash though as it was only Champions League money that kept us in the black this season.

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO | Qualified for Champions League
    2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL QFinal | League Champions!

Youth Team

More or less up-to-date now but I am just a few games away from completing the 2022-23 season and it looks like another bountiful one

Youth Team

good to see things have gone so well DodgeeD. seemed to cope without Woodford last season really well too. great results in the CL though you seem a little unlucky in the end..

Part-Timer

Scottish second division - 2033/34 (Season 3)

The (almost) invincibles!

League position: 1st place / Position chart
    Media prediction: 7th

An incredibly strong league campaign left us with only one loss all season, and a goal difference of +62, a staggering 34 points clear of third place. Only Berwick could keep close to us throughout the season, usually only a point or two behind, but they couldn't match our goal threat and consistency as we eventually finished 7 points clear of them.

Transfers
    - We had an excellent time in the transfer market, signing some quality players, including Irish, Greek and Italian under-21 internationals. Our best bit of business was the signing, and eventual sale of goalkeeper James Smith, who we signed on a free, then sold for £20k 6 months later.

Finances
    - Our finances continue to remain remarkably solid. This saw me given a wage budget of over £6k per week, which I managed to stay around £1k beneath. With the board planning to build a new stadium it will be interesting to see what effect this has on our financial stability.

Squad - The strength of my squad proved to be far better than I hoped at the beginning of the season. Last term's top performers continued their good form, while new signings such as Chorianoupoulos became a full international for Greece, while he and Irishman Pat McDermott have both been called up to their nation's World cup squads. Tommaso Tarantino proved to be one of the most promising signings, as a regular Italian under-21 international he showed great class in midfield at the tender age of 19.

Star players:

Simon Christie - ST - Another remarkable season from the pacy wide-striker. A 7.59 average rating, with 21 goals and 18 assists speak for themselves as the tricky little Scotsman added to his 18 goals and 11 assists last season. Simon was also named the Division 2 player of the season.

Pat McDermott
    - ST - After starting his career at Shamrock rovers, then having brief trials at Derry city and Inverness, I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted Pat available on a free transfer. The Irishman ended the season with 26 goals, making him the division's top scorer, and even earning a call up to the Irish squad for the 2034 World cup!

Stathis Chorianopoulos -DR - Another player like McDermott, where I couldn't believe my luck. Stathis was playing at Loughborough university and an established Greek under-21 international when I snapped him up. His impressive form and development playing on either flank as full-back earned him a 7.25 rating for his club, and 2 full international caps for his country. The icing on the cake will be his call up to the Greek World cup squad, where he has a realistic chance of making an appearance on sport's biggest stage.

Code:
    Year            Division                 Position                 Other achivements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2031/32         Third division           2nd                      Playoff finalists
    2032/33         Third division           1st                      Scottish cup 5th round
    2033/34         Second division          1st
    Last edited by Gypsum; 29-01-2012 at 15:18.

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2022/23 Season Review

Quick Overview
    Premier Division: 2nd
    Turkish Cup: Winners!!
    Super Cup: Winners!!
    Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage
    Europa League: Finalists

Premier Division
    It was a two-horse race between us and Beşiktaş most of the way. At one point we won 17 games in a row but somehow, Beşiktaş stayed in touch. We would eventually slip down to second as a fixture pile-up caused by our cup runs (see below) meant we had to play 4 league games in 8 days from which we could only pick up 4 points.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    The Championship Group was a lot tighter than last year with plenty of draws and everyone taking points off each other. After five games, we had won one, lost one and drawn three – luckily we had taken 4 points off Beşiktaş meaning we had moved into first place. It all came down to the last day with Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş hoping to pip us to top spot. We had to beat Kayserispor to seal the title and we did so emphatically, trouncing them 7-0 to seal the title!
    Final standings

Super Cup
    The season curtain-raiser was a straightforward win over cup holders Mersin, adding another trophy top the cabinet in the process.

Turkish Cup
    At last – success in the cup! I anticiapted another early exit when we were drawn away to Fenerbahçe in the 4th round but we prevailed and then got the luck of the draw as we faced two second division teams and then Siirtspor, a third division side, in the semi. Tougher opposition in the shape of Beşiktal awaited in the final but with that game for some reason played in front of our own fans, we won 2-0 to complete the double!

Champions League
    After last season, expectations were high. Unfortunately, the presence of AC Milan and Valencia in our group soon brought us back down to earth. Milan had the better of us home and away. We managed to beat Valencia in Spain but lost the return fixture meaning we had to settle for 3rd and a return to the Europa League.
    Final Table

Europa League
    Feyenoord were our first knockout round opponents in the Europa League. In Holland, we would turn in one of our best performances under my management winning 7-2 despite playing 70 minutes with ten men!! That made the return leg a formality of course setting up a tie with Man City. A 2-0 win at home was followed by a 3-2 loss in Manchester but that was enough to see us through 4-3 on aggregate. We had the easiest possible draw in the quarters as we got FC Copenhangen. A 6-1 aggregate scoreline earned us a semi-final date with Dortmund. A late equaliser earned us a 1-1 draw in Germany and, with confidence high, we thrashed them 5-0 at home to make our first ever European final! It would be a tough task though as we faced Juventus whose home stadium was the final venue. It proved a little too tough as we were taught a bit of a lesson and lost 4-1. A shame as I don’t think I have ever won the Europa League/UEFA Cup on any version of FM!

Only two players in this season – one a young attacker signed from Fenerbahçe and the other to provide cover in defence. The only departures were reserve and youth team players who had failed to make the grade.

Berkan Yemiş (DR) – another season played at a consistently high level.
    Carlos Silva (DL) – continues to improve and impress at left back.
    Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Just gets better and better! Played nearly every game for us and the Turkish national side as well.
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – Missed the start of the season with injury but came back in fine form.
    Klevis Zmijani (AMR) – Turned in some great performances again but he does seem to be a little ijury prone...
    Jean-Paul Granier (AML) – Arrived on a free last season and broke into the first team, displacing Barış Tan.
    Nicky Woodford (ST) – Came back from injury with a bang and was our best player in the first 3 months of the season. Unfortunately, he picked up another serious injury in November and was out until April. Back to fitness now but has slipped down the pecking order.
    Alexandre Tavares (ST) – In fantastic form all season, reflected by his goals and assists.

Alexandre Taveres’ goals saw him win the Top Goalscorer award, Foreign Player of the Year and Supporters’ Player of the Year. Kadir Alagöz won the Turkish Cup Best Player award and was named alongside Tavares in the Team of the Year.

I won the Manager of the Year title for the second year running and (do I really need to say it?) we were named Fair Play award winners for the 8th time in succession.

The Season Ahead…
    I’ll be looking to get back on track in the Champions League next year. The Europa League run was great but progress in the big competition is needed, both for this challenge and to keep our club’s finances healthy. It would be nice to top the regular table as well as win the Championship Group this time!

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe       | Achievements
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL QFinal    | League Champions!
    2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners

Part-Timer

My board have sold my star player Simon Christie, and the fans are giving me stick for it! I didn't want to sell him!! Still, £220k is a nice amount of money for a Scottish division 1 side.

Youth Team

Gypsum - well done on the double promotion - a great season there. doing really well having those international players too. Unlucky with the chairman sale - always irritates me when the manager gets stick but hey ho!
    DodgeeD - well done on another title - and the cups too! unlucky in the Europa League final - hopefully it has given your players a taste for major European finals and you get back there soon - if you fail in the Cl of course! good luck with your CL push next season.

Youth Team

Cheers rlipscombe

I was diasappointed to miss out on the Europas League because, if all goes to plan, I'll never get the chance to win it again!

Real Madrid, Marseille and FC Twente in my CL group this year - second is within our reach!

Amateur

Doing quick updates here just to get up to speed. Went a long way ahead without updating. Three years of updates to come.

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2014/2015
    Phase one, survival.

League Table | Position Graph
    Finances | Confidence

Key Players
    Nedum Onuoha | Hamed Al-Kubasi | Eddie Nixon

Career Overview
    Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014/15         LIGA BBVA             14th              Survived
    Last edited by Swinburn; 25-01-2012 at 23:28.

Amateur

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2015/16
    A steady improvement.

Finances | Confidence

Cup Fixtures | Copa Del Rey Final

Key Players
    Pajtim Kasami | Nadjim Abdullah | Inigo Ruiz

Career Overview
    Code:
    2015/16         LIGA BBVA             11th              Copa Del Rey Winners

Amateur

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2016/17
    One down, one to go.

Finances | Confidence

The Europa League
    Because of the fixture filter bug, I was unable to just get the fixtures, so I've just put the groups and final.

Europa League Groups | Europa League Final

Key Players
    Ahmed Khalil | Rahmi Durmaz | Fabio Borini

Career Overview
    Code:
    2016/17         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Europa League Winners

Youth Team

well done Swinburn. a couple of years of steady improvement and then a great step up in form to come 2nd and win the Europa League - especially at the first attempt. Durmaz looks a brute of a defender and Khalil looks like a whippet of a striker - so quick!. good luck next season gunning for the title and the CL...

Youth Team

Good job Swinburn - it seems you have a knack for winning cup finals in the 91st minute!

Amateur

well done Swinburn. a couple of years of steady improvement and then a great step up in form to come 2nd and win the Europa League - especially at the first attempt. Durmaz looks a brute of a defender and Khalil looks like a whippet of a striker - so quick!. good luck next season gunning for the title and the CL...
    Cheers man. Durmaz is insane, well worth the money I paid for him. Khalil has been a revelation, and on top of his pace, he has a hell of a shot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Good job Swinburn - it seems you have a knack for winning cup finals in the 91st minute!
    Thanks! It makes a change from losing in the 91st minute like I was at FC United. The Europa League one was in extra time, however. Not the luckiest I've been though. See my Champions League win with Dromara Village for that.

Semi Pro

Ooh! My central defender won't be popular with my 'keeper. That's three times now this season he's given away a penalty in injury time to lose the keeper his clean sheet bonus! He's saving me a few quid!

Third Team

Well right now I am about to make the craziest move of my Parla career and hoping it doesn't backfire too much.
    Miguel Herlein wouldn't accept a new contract worth 4k a week (Double the next highest wage), and then Ozlu wouldn't even talk contract, well I have got to December first and decided I am not going to manage to get them to stay at all so I am making a double sale worth almost 2.5M and hoping that their replacements manage to do the great job my current Captain & vice Captain have done, greatly disappointed to lose two of my teams stars, but I can't do much if they won't re-sign, reputation not improving is really hurting me.

Semi Pro

It always hurts but sometimes it's just got to be done LLR.

Meanwhile in Portugal I've just been knocked out of the Champions League in the 1st Knockout Rd AGAIN!

Third Team

I am still alive guys - I've just emerged on the other side of 7 exams in 3 weeks

Back to Novese

Amateur

After the money I've paid for this guy, I expect good things, but I never expected this.

Third Team

It always hurts but sometimes it's just got to be done LLR.

Meanwhile in Portugal I've just been knocked out of the Champions League in the 1st Knockout Rd AGAIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    I am still alive guys - I've just emerged on the other side of 7 exams in 3 weeks

Back to Novese
    Welcome back Iacovone, Good luck as you head back to Novese, my busy period of work has about another 2 weeks to go, and then I should be able to settle into making Parla the biggest club in Spain.

PRDH, is a bit painful, in the end I have gained 2.5M, spent 120k on replacements, though Ozlu's replacements were already in the team as Martin Lopez gained Spanish citizenship and hence has joined the starting line-up in December, Perego is a starter & Bayraktar is not far off as well. Paulinho & Briand will start upfront and I have signed two younger (18 & 19) players to provide cover upfront.

I think I need to start hunting out 16-17 year olds world wide, because without a reserve squad some of my back-up players get crabby pretty quickly. Looking forward now though as by the next game neither Ozlu or Herlein will be in my squad.

Youth Team

Keçiorengücü 2023/24 Season Review

Quick Overview
    Premier Division: 1st
    Turkish Cup: 5th Round
    Super Cup: Winners!!
    Champions League: Semi-finalists

Premier Division
    Everything clicked domestically this season as we went through the regular season unbeaten. To make it even better, I was rotating a lot to keep my best players fresh for Europe and the big league games. With so many talented youngsters coming through, we seem to have the makings success for years to come.
    Final Table

Championship Group
    So, we walked the league and then we won the play-off group. Easy, right?

Wrong!

When the top 4 form the Championship Group, points are halved meaning our ten point lead over Fenerbahçe was cut to 5. After such a long unbeaten run, we lost to them in Istanbul and then turned in one of our worst performances under my management in the home game as we went 4 goals down inside the opening 20 minutes. Those two defeats meant we were actually a point behind going into the final game. Luckily, there was to one last twist as we bounced back from heavy defeat to take 3 points off Galatasaray and Beşiktaş did us a huge favour by beating Fenerbahçe allowing us to claim the title on the last day!
    Final standings

Super Cup
    A sign of things to come as we thrashed Beşiktaş 5-1 to retain the Super Cup.

Turkish Cup
    Having got through the 4th round against 2nd division opposition, our cup defence was brought to an abrupt end in the 5th Round as we were eliminated on penalties by Kayserispor.

Champions League
    Real Madrid were favourites to go through from our group meaning it was a battle between us, Marseille and FC Twente for second place. An away win over Marseille in the first game was a great start followed by victory over Twente. Two defeats at the hands of Madrid predictably followed but with our rivals beating each other, that meant a point at home to Marseille was enough to secure qualification with the last win over Twente the icing on the cake.
    Final Table

Into the knockout rounds then and a chance to avenge last season’s Europa League final defeat against Juventus. A 2-0 win in the first leg set us up nicely for the return in Italy. Juve put three past us there but each time, Tavares equalised grabbing himself a hat-trick and putting us through 5-3 on aggregate. That set up a quarter-final tie with Liverpool. Tavares was the man again, scoring the only goal at Anfield as we pulled off a shock win. A tense end-to-end game at our place followed but we prevailed 3-2 on the night, 4-2 on aggregate to reach the semis. Alas, we would face Real Madrid once again. A 0-0 draw in Ankara was followed by a comprehensive 4-1 defeat in Madrid and the European dream was over.
    Fixtures and results

More out than in as a few squad players were sold or released. The main departure was that of Fikret Akbulut, our second choice defensive midfielder. 10millionTL was good money for a reserve so off he went. One reason I was willing to let him go was the arrival of Oğuzhan Şahin, a player 6 years younger and with more potential. His performances in the run-outs he had showed that it was a good choice. The other two main arrivals were Marius Dragut, an 18 year-old Romanian midfielder, who excelled in his first year at the club, and Ariel Domini, also 18. Some questioned why an unproven Argentinian centre-back arrived as my most expensive signing ever but his performances answered that question.

Kadir Alagöz (DC) – Another fantastic season, solid at the back and always an aerial threat – he doesn’t even have to jump to head the ball most of the time!
    Şahin Kaya (DM) – The lynch pin of the team, always turning defence into attack.
    Erman Ergin (ST) – After a couple of quiet seasons in which I worried he had already reached his peak, our youth team graduate found his form again with plenty of goals and, just as importantly, assists for his strike partner Taveres.
    Alexandre Tavares (ST) – In great form in the league and Europe once again with goals aplenty.

The Squad: Ones to Watch
    Kaan Uygun had a good second season at the club providing much needed back up on the flanks, where we had on-going injury problems. With both first and second choice left wingers injured at one time, youth teamer Atahan Sen got an unexpected run in the first team and handled himself well enough to stay in the main squad.

Our league form led to a 1-2-3 of Keçiörengücü players in the Player of the Year award with Alexander Tavares claiming the honour ahead of Erman Ergin and Kadir Alagöz. Tavares and Alagöz duly took their place in the Team of the Year, although Ergin was for some reason overlooked. Tavares was once again the Top Goalscorer in the league with Ergin third. Alagöz was further honoured as the Young Player of the Year and the Supporters’ Player of the Year.

We were well represented at Euro 2024 with eight Keçiörengücü players making the Turkey squad and coming home as champions. Kadir Alagöz was named in the Euro Dream Team along with Akif Kilinç, our 19 year-old reserve right back who was surprisingly promoted to first choice after three other right backs got injured before or during the tournament.

I once again was named Manager of the Year and we yet again conned referees to such an extent that we were honoured with the Fair Play award.

The Season Ahead…
    We move into our new stadium in the summer. Alas, that only means an extra 3,000 seats but it should increase our matchday revenue a little. Again, I will be looking for domestic success and a good run in the Champions League while trying to prevent teams around Europe from poaching my best players.

The Story So Far…
    Code:
    Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe       | Achievements
    2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A          | N/A
    2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A          | Promoted!
    2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A          | Stayed up
    2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A          | Qualified for Europa League
    2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR    | Qualified for Europa League
    2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group     | Qualified for Champions League
    2019-20 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 1st KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2020-21 | Premier     | 3rd      | 2nd       | 5th Round   | EL 2nd KO    | Qualified for Champions League
    2021-22 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | 4th Round   | CL Quarters  | League Champions!
    2022-23 | Premier     | 2nd      | Winners   | Winners     | EL Finalists | Domestic Double; Super Cup Winners
    2023-24 | Premier     | 1st      | Winners   | 5th Round   | CL Semis     | League Champions; Super Cup Winners

Part-Timer

According to the stats, we didn't hit the woodwork in this match...

Last edited by Gypsum; 27-01-2012 at 21:30.

Youth Team

DodgeeD - edging closer to completion mate. think we'll soon have another completion on our hands...
    iacovone - welcome back!! looking forward to seeing some real progress for Novese soon.
    LLR - feel your pain but you have done the right thing for sure. that is big money and can't really afford to lose them for nothing. may mean taking one step back but i am sure it'll be two steps forward soon....

Youth Team

Cheers rlipscombe : thup: I hope you are right!

I had a couple of interesi,ng news items over the summer.

First of all, we moved to our new 8,450 capacity stadium but the board immediately approved an expansion of a further 3,000 seats to be added at the end of this season. Still not much but a move in the right direction.

Also, it seems my players are now the hottest property in Europe! I received several bids for Domini and Carlos Silva - the higher ones amounting to 30 million TL (about 11million pounds). Then, on deadline day, Liverpool bid 78million TL (about 30million pounds) for Tavares, activating his 'foriegn clubs' minimum release clause...

To be surprise and delight, he rejected them and stayed with us! He was promptly rewarded with a new contract ;) (the foreign clubs release clause is till there but it is now set at 110million TL or 40 million pounds)

Part-Timer

Great news DodgeeD! It's great when things work out like that!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Great news DodgeeD! It's great when things work out like that!
    It is, isn't it? I went mental when I saw the message, especially as it was deadline day and getting a replacement in would have been near impossible. I couldn't believe it when he turned them down - and it's great that he did as he has 16 goals in 10 games so far

Part-Timer

St Mirren looked unstoppable early on in the Scottish first division, but my Annan side have managed to go top by goal difference after 22 games. With only one promotion spot in this division it's going to be tight!

Youth Team

good luck Gypsum...

Semi Pro

Lusitânia Açores - Season Summary - 2025/26

Finances

Key figure - £21,461,576 | Summary

Nice solid profit this season coming from a combination of player sales and prize/TV money. We are in a solid position and it should only improve further as facilities are improved and we get further in the Champions League.

Club News

1/ Board agreed to improve the youth facilities again.
    2/ Junior coaching developed.
    3/ In theory we move into our new stadium on July 1st. I don't think it'll happen, as it won't be done until February apparently.

Transfers | 8 in (£4.7m) and 11 out (£13.75m)

A few well known faces left this season. Jorge Muñoz, Philippe Derrien and Julian Garcia all left for pastures new while there was also a few exits of back up players.

League | Predicted 2nd

Table | Graph

We were in no way as dominant as last season, we lost and drew more games and looked under pressure against more of the league. Whether this is a sign of improvement within the league, or just of a lack of form isn't clear, but I would tend to favour the latter.

We took a while getting into the season and had some catching up to do. Fortunately the rest of the league were taking points off each other as well so we got back to the top.

Once there we settled in again and won enough games to maintain the top spot part from a few weeks when we had a game in hand. All culminating in out fourth consecutive (and fifth overall) championship and a place in the Champions League group again as we strive for the final part of the jigsaw.

Cups

Supertaça | Beaten Finalists

A last minute goal from Chrysanthou took us to penalties but we lost out there.

Taça de Portugal | Beaten Finalists

A loss to Leiria. It's tempting to blame the number of key players on international duty but realistically we should still have been good enough. We weren't and the 2-1 defeat kept us from this piece of silverware.

League Cup | 3rd Rd Group Stage

The youngsters got a chance in this competition and they did well, but not quite well enough. Falling once again in the group stage. The board no longer care. So this is definitely a chance for youth now.

Europe

Group Stage | Table

Escaped the group again, with solid performances against everyone. The one blip was a poor performance against Liverpool which saw us qualify second behind Marseille.

Knockout Stages | Exit

Our progress saw us drawn against Atletico Madrid. A team I thought I might actually stand a chance against. We 1-0 back on out island but then went away and lost 3-0 in Spain. The final goal coming when we were chasing a game-changing away goal. We didn't deserve it though.

Overall I was disappointed. I think we need to break through this barrier.

Squad | Overview

Keepers | This part of the squad was streamlined and became a bit thin. We were left with an outright number 1 and a promising youngster and nothing else. Injuries were kind and we weren't left to regret it.

Salvador Soto - 47 apps, 42 conc, 21 cln, 2 MoMs - Another season as number 1. Another season of improvement and good performances and, I fear, another season closer to him leaving us.

Ales Svoboda - 2(1) apps, 3 conc, 1 cln - The aforementioned youngster. I think he's got a bright future in the game but he needs time to grow. For now he's a competent number 2 and number 1 in the making.

Defenders | Very strong first team, though with a reduced depth this year.

Karel Dragoun - 2(2) apps, 0 gls, 2 asts - Back up. He gets on and does a decent job when called upon.

Stijn Hermans - 16(5) apps, 4 gls, 0 asts, 1 MoM - A back up/rotation option this year. He still looks to have a big future but he's behind two world class players at the moment.

Sébastien Gautier - 46(1) apps, 5 gls, 3 asts, 3 MoMs - The youngster is a fabulous defender. He has everything - pace, power and skill. A huge part of the team.

Meraneh Descazals - 35(2) apps, 9 gls, 3 asts, 5 MoMs - The Djiboutian is surely the best defender in the world. The vultures are circling but he's not shown any desire to leave yet.

Mathieu Favreau - 47 apps, 0 gls, 6 asts, 2 MoMs - One I might look to replace over the summer. He's a solid player but I don't think he's got the skill to be part of a Champions League push.

Ange Diaby - 8(4) apps, 0 gls, 1 asts - Happy and settled as back up to Osses. I'm perfectly happy with him as my reserve left back, but if he wanted to leave I'd let him.

Christian Osses - 41 apps, 1 gl, 4 asts, 2 MoMs - This full back I think is definitely good enough for the next step.

Midfielders | Some true class and depth here in some positions.

Germán Muñoz Urrea - 3(1) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Dragged from my U-19 squad at the start of the season to cover for Madsen after the long-serving Derrien left the club. Didn't play a great deal, but was reasonable when needed. He's by no means guaranteed to be here next season.

Christian Madsen - 42 apps, 6 gls, 8 asts, 3 MoMs - Grew into his role this year after settling in last season. He doesn't score often but had one real purple patch where he scored a screamer in three consecutive games.

Vadym Gai - 18(9) apps, 5 gls, 9 asts, 2 MoMs - Settled in behind Santos on the right wing this year. It is a rotation policy here with each of them capable of performing.

Joffrey Fontaine - 42 apps, 6 gls, 23 asts, 4 MoMs - Spectacularly classy winger. Bags of assists. He occasionally goes missing in games, but the quality of his delivery is vital.

Stefan Fink - 6(13) apps, 0 gls, 2 asts - Brought in as back up at the start of the season, has improved well and is a very capable deputy to Fontaine.

Andreas Jensen - 29(4) apps, 6 gls, 10 asts, 1 MoM - True class in the heart of midfield. Played less regularly than he has done as this was a position I rotated fairly freely as I looked to give all three options a chance to shine.

Walter Zangger - 9(10) apps, 3 gls, 1 ast, 1 MoM - The second choice creative pulse of the team. He is very solid, doesn't let me down when rotated.

Héctor Partida - 10(13) apps, 3 gls, 3 asts - Very excited about this young Mexican. He has great potential and had some storming performances among his appearances as he settled this year.

Santos - 32(5) apps, 10 gls, 8 asts, 3 MoMs - Definitely a scorer of great goals. He won goal of the season for a jinking run and finish. He is another who drifts out of games occasionally but he does also dominate teams sometimes.

Florent Marti - 1(5) apps, 0 gls, 0 asts - Stalled a bit this season, still only 18 but must be looking for a breakthrough soon, or he may be let go.

Forwards | A nice range of specialities here. Possibly needs strengthening at some point, but there is a lot of potential here too.

Ivan Poljak - 33(2) apps, 16 gls, 7 asts, 2 MoMs - Still the go to guy for big games. He feels like part of the furniture now, but is still 27 and has a good few years at the club.

Labros Pavlou - 23(9) apps, 15 gls, 4 asts, 3 MoMs - Needed an impressive season to confirm his potential and had one. He played more games than he has in the past due to his compatriot, Chrysanthou, having a few injury problems. Performed well, scored some very important goals in some big games. Is he Champions League class? I'm not sure.

Allan Tranberg - 13(12) apps, 1 gl, 7 asts, 1 MoM - Continuing to develop behind Poljak, hasn't scored as many as he'd like so far, but has had a hand to play in plenty of goals. Certainly one with a bright future.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - 26(2) apps, 18 gls, 3 asts, 4 MoMs - Had problems staying fit this season, but when on the pitch he was still our primary goal threat. He is now holds the record for most league goals and appearances.

Ruslan Perepelytsya - 0(4) apps, 1 gl, 0 asts - Young striker drafted in this year, looks promising, got a chance in the League Cup.

Ivica Martinac - 0(1) app, 0 gls, o asts - Very young striker. Looks like one with a bright future, probably won't see him feature regularly for three or four years though.

Aims For This Season Were...

1/ Reach the Champion's League Quarter Final. No
    2/ Retain place in top two. Actually, who am I kidding, at this stage I really should keep winning the league. Yes
    3/ Win back my various Portuguese cups. No

Aims For Next Season Are...

1/ Reach the Champion's League Quarter Final.
    2/ Retain Premier League

Story So Far...

Code:
    Season		League			Position		Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
    2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
    2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
    2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
    2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
    2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
    2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
    2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
    2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
    2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
    2022/23		Premier League		1st			Champions!
    2023/24		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
    2024/25		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
    2025/26		Premier League		1st			CL 1st Knockout Round
    Previous Updates

12/13
    13/14
    14/15
    15/16
    16/17
    17/18
    18/19
    19/20
    20/21
    21/22
    22/23
    23/24
    24/25
    Last edited by PRDH; 29-01-2012 at 01:47.

Semi Pro

Photobucket not working for me so I will add the screenshots tomorrow.

Edit - There we go, all done. Now, onwards unto Champions League glory (hopefully).
    Last edited by PRDH; 29-01-2012 at 01:48.

Youth Team

Mannheim season finished.....

Part-Timer

I've had a consortium takeover at Annan. They've pumped plenty of money into the club, but they're considering my position...

Youth Team

Another good season PRDH You look set to dominate domestically so progress in Europe should just be a matter of time.

Part-Timer

The new chairman has graciously decided to let me keep my job due to public support. Now for the title chase... two games to go and i'm two points behind 1st placed St Mirren. Don't really fancy my chances, but you never know!

A good response from my team saw us win 4-1, but with St Mirren winning two we're still 2 points behind with just 1 game left. We have a big goal difference advantage though.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 29-01-2012 at 14:51.

Semi Pro

Thanks DodgeeD, I hope you're right. I'm a little worried I'm being too loyal to my players, not replacing players who are good domestically in Portugal, but not good enough for competing with the top teams.

Part-Timer

They've only gone and bloody done it! God bless Inverness Cally thistle! Their 94th minute equaliser against St Mirren wins me the league!!

Youth Team

well done Gypsum!!

Part-Timer

Scottish first division - 2034/35 (Season 4)

League position: 1st place / Position chart
    Media prediction: 9th

The tone for the season was set early on, as St Mirren took an immediate lead and we were the only side taking up the chase. Around half way through the season we finally managed to take first place, but only ever by goal difference. And that tight battle continued up until the final game, where we were two points behind St Mirren with a superior goal difference, and we needed relegation battling Inverness Caledonian Thistle to get at least a draw, while we had to beat Dundee.

Things didn't start well for us in Dundee, as we conceded a penalty after just 11 minutes... which was heroically saved by our keeper Davidson. To the disappointment of the Annan fans, St Mirren took the lead against ICT after 38 minutes, and despite us taking a 2-0 lead by the 49th minute, St Mirren looked set to take the title. That was until we got some brief hope, and ICT equaliser on 81 minutes, which was cancelled out as St Mirren retook their lead on 88 minutes.

Then just as we had all but given up hope, ICT striker Neil Challinor broke through to the edge of the St Mirren box in the 94th minute and slotted home a classy finish to end the match 2-2, and hand Annan the Scottish first division championship and SPL promotion!

(Final day 'latest scores')

Transfers - The big news here was clearly my former Chairman's £220k sale of star player Simon Christie to SPL Kilmarnock, which boosted our already respectable bank balance. Thanks to an expanded scouting range which included France, Holland, Spain and Australia, we managed to attract a range of foreign players to Annan.

Finances - Our coffers were boosted early by the £220k sale of Simon Christie which just complimented our financial stability. But late in the season the club was subject to a takeover by a consortium, headed by Ryan MacDonald. The new board instantly put £400k into the club's bank account, but left me with the threat of managerial replacement. Fortunately, due to my recent success I was kept on, and will hopefully stick around to see us move into our newly announced, £9.5m, 12,265 capacity Annan stadium.

Squad

Star players:

Pat McDermott - ST - Our top scorer last season managed to improve this term, bagging 30 goals and forcing his way into the Irish national squad, earning 3 caps. One of my few players who should be capable of playing at SPL level.

Carl O'Gorman - ST - After spending much of last season on the substitute's bench, the Welsh striker broke into the first team in style. With 21 goals and 18 assists Carl forced his way into his national squad, winning two caps and scoring two goals.

Ian McCall - DC - The towering English centre-back was snapped up on a free transfer in november after leaving Portsmouth, where he had made over a hundred league appearances at League one and two level. His aerial prowess helped him bag 6 goals, and earn a very respectable 7.27 average rating as part of the league's best defence.

Stathis Chorianopoulos - DR - Another impressive season from the Greek international. A player clearly talented enough to play at the top level of Scottish football.

Code:
    2031/32         Third division             2nd                    Playoff finalists
    2032/33         Third division             1st                    Scottish cup 5th round
    2033/34         Second division            1st     
    2034/35         First division             1st

Part-Timer

well done Gypsum!!
    Thanks! It was incredibly lucky but it'll do.

Youth Team

Dramatic stuff Gypsum!! You should sign Chaillnor and give him a big contract as a reward

Best of luck in the SPL

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Dramatic stuff Gypsum!! You should sign Chaillnor and give him a big contract as a reward

Best of luck in the SPL
    Thanks. ICT actually released him on a free, so i've offered him a trial until the start of the season to make sure he stays fit and finds a new club!

Semi Pro

Well, I'll be surprised if I even get out of my CL Group this year. I'm still seeded third so have ended up with Man Utd, Roma an Zurich. I should beat Zurich but Roma and Utd are going to be very tough.

Youth Team

tough group but not impossible...

Semi Pro

tough group but not impossible...
    Thanks for the faith! I suppose I have to beat the big teams at some stage if I'm going to complete this year.

Amateur

C.D. Castellón - LIGA BBVA - 2017/18
    Status quo destroyed.

Finances | Confidence

Copa Del Rey Fixtures | European Super Cup

Could really say much more about this season than it was fantastic. Just three losses all season, with a 22 match unbeaten run. I spent a lot of money this season, although a few of the transfers included monthly payments, specifically 30m Eto'o (who has been entirely worth it). We won the European Super Cup, which was a good start, and the rest followed from that. All in all, a great season, and that's without the Champions League happenings.

The Champions League

Champions League Groups | Champions League Fixtures

In our first Champions League campaign, we started with an unbeaten group stage in which we finished 1st. Not a bad start. The only worrying part was not being able to win away in it. This trend continued on through the stages, knocking Roma and Lyon out in the home games, after drawing the away legs. We reached the semi final, before just getting knocked out by Real Madrid, of all teams. Semi finals in the first Champions League campaign is nothing to grumble about though.

Key Players
    Constant Eto'o | Alberto Ferraro | Serigne Diop

These three were so good that they kept out top scorer out of the key players section. Constant was constantly good and constantly scoring constantly good goals. But for 30m, you'd hope he would. Alberto Ferraro was a fantastic signing. He played on the left wing for most of the season and ripped teams apart. Great player. But none of it would have been possible without Serigne Diop. At the back, he was an absolute rock, saving our skin on so many occasions. If anyone wants him, they're going to have to pay a lot of money.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2016/17         LIGA BBVA             2nd               Europa League Winners
    2017/18         LIGA BBVA             1st               League Winners, Copa Del Rey Winners, European Super Cup Winners

Third Team

Des Tiny's AD Parla

Mid-Season 2017/18
    Liga Adelante
    February 4th Update

Liga Adelante

Well a terrible start saw some serious changes in the squad, we had a few results turning it around, but we also had some terrible results putting us back down again. Losing 5:1 to Xerez (20th) has to rate as one of the worst, but we have managed to make a bit of a climb up to actually be in contention for the playoffs anyway. Sitting in 6th place at the halfway stage is satisfactory, but we need to pick up the form a bit from here.

My Stars of the Half: Def: Andre Perego, Mid: Ercan Yildrim, Att: Erwan Briand
    My Youth so far: Roberto Delgado (MC)

Good Results: vs Valladolid 4:0, vs Levante 4:0
    Bad Results: at Xerez 1:5, at Barca "B" 2:5

The Table
    Code:
    Championship
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   |
    | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   |       | Cartagena      |       | 22    | 14    | 5     | 3     | 46    | 20    | +26   | 47    | 
    | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    Our Battle
    | 4th   |       | Villarreal "B" |       | 22    | 10    | 7     | 5     | 37    | 25    | +12   | 37    | 
    | 5th   |       | Zaragoza       |       | 22    | 10    | 4     | 8     | 38    | 26    | +12   | 34    | 
    | 6th   |       | Parla          |       | 22    | 11    | 1     | 10    | 49    | 46    | +3    | 34    | 
    | 7th   |       | Tenerife       |       | 22    | 10    | 4     | 8     | 30    | 24    | +6    | 34    | 
    | 8th   |       | Numancia       |       | 22    | 9     | 5     | 8     | 37    | 31    | +6    | 32    | 
    | 9th   |       | Atlético"B"    |       | 22    | 7     | 10    | 5     | 37    | 33    | +4    | 31    | 
    | 10th  |       | Levante        |       | 22    | 8     | 7     | 7     | 29    | 27    | +2    | 31    | 
    | 11th  |       | Guadalajara    |       | 22    | 9     | 4     | 9     | 27    | 28    | -1    | 31    | 
    | 12th  |       | Castilla       |       | 22    | 9     | 3     | 10    | 37    | 45    | -8    | 30    | 
    | 13th  |       | Valladolid     |       | 22    | 8     | 6     | 8     | 25    | 27    | -2    | 30    | 
    | 14th  |       | Barcelona"B"   |       | 22    | 7     | 9     | 6     | 36    | 33    | +3    | 30    | 
    | 15th  |       | Leganés        |       | 22    | 8     | 5     | 9     | 35    | 38    | -3    | 29    | 
    | 16th  |       | Real Oviedo    |       | 22    | 8     | 4     | 10    | 34    | 43    | -9    | 28    | 
    Relegation Spots
    | 19th  |       | Celta          |       | 22    | 6     | 5     | 11    | 26    | 37    | -11   | 23    | 
    Spanish Cup

2nd Round: at Cartagena 3:1
    3rd Round: at Cordoba 1:2

Well we made the third round again, but this time it just wasn't meant to be, we have ended up knocked out again, though this time around I used my youngsters and back-ups in the games which will probably be the plan for now to keep my top side fit for the title hunt.

The Transfers
    In Brief(Since Sept 1st)
    In: 14 Players (€350k)
    Out: 4 Players (€2.32M)
    Loans: 0 Players (€0)
    Wages Total: €43,339 (p/w)
    Wage Budget: €48,501 (p/w)
    Remaining Transfers: €434k

I have managed to almost double the clubs wages in a season, and also managed to bring in a huge number of players this season as cover and also to add some depth and young possible stars that may end up getting time in replacement of the stars I have had to sell. I do now have three solid options for most slots in the team, and a few extras as well. I will be trying to get most game time between now and the end of the season while also trying to figure out my best line-up.

New Signings

First Team

Tobias Wagner (DL,Free) - The young German came in to replace Rebocho as DL cover, looks like a future superstar.
    Ercan Yildrim (MC,Free) - When I saw this guy come through my scouting network it was a no brainer, straight into the side and star of the half.
    Timothe Douay (MC,Free) - Not quite as good as Yildrim, but further cover for the midfield.
    Alexandr Potapov (ST,Free) - The Russian was brought in when I knew Herlein wouldn't be signing a new contract, will provide cover.
    Vladimir Jicul (ST,
    120k) - Another Eastern European brought in as cover for my strikers after Herlein left.
    Wojciech Kowalczyk (MR,
    120k) - I signed the Pole as cover for the right wing, Begona had been poor, this youngster will cover.
    Ferhat Ozlenir (DLC,Free) - More cover for Left back, not really a problem area, but this guy could be a star.
    Lukasz Kaminski (GK,
    110k) - I was worried about Ravasi's performance at the back so I bought in a new keeper as well.
    Vangelis Arvanitis (AMC,Free) - Looks like he could make a difference right away, but who knows where I should fit him in.
    Phillipp Thiel (DC,Free) - Seems to be a possible future replacement for Ozlu, but has a lot of development ahead of him before he actually reaches those heights.
    Gunter Hoffmann (MC,Free) - I can never have enough central midfield prospects, Hoffmann is another one expected to do well at BBVA level, looking forward to seeing him in action.
    Tayfun Sen (ML,Free) - A young Turk who can cover for Cris during his 3 game suspension, and into the future.
    Ugur Dogan (DRC/MRC) - Every team needs a utility and this guy fills several positions as well as looking like a star for the future at Right Back.

Youth

Nicolai Madsen (ST,Free) - A youngster who looks to be a future star, lets see what he can do.

Future Transfers

None

Transfers Out

First Team
    Pedro Rebocho--> 20k
    Miguel Herlein --> 1.3M
    Kivanc Ozlu --> 1M

Loans

None

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the Liga Adelante for the rest of this season:
    GK: Kaminski
    DR: Varela, DC: Perego & Lopez, DL: Ricardo
    MR: Lopez, MC: Delgado, Yildrim ML: Cris
    ST: Paulinho & Briand

Other News

Martin Lopez finally became a Spanish Citizen on September 20th (Yes 20 days late), and hence only played in cup games through until January when he got added to the squad, Pablo Sanchez Varela made the commitment to Spain on November 7th, meaning he also was no longer considered foreign. Ricardo made the Spanish U21s, just to one-up the efforts of Delgado. The World Cup Groups were drawn (One, Two, Three), with an interesting group A seeing Russia (hosts) drawn with New Zealand, Australia & Wales. Seems someone is going to get an easy trip out of their group here.

Semi Pro

Swinburn - Great season there. You're really flying towards completion!
    LLR - Not a bad position to be in at the halfway stage. A good second half should see you competing for a place in the big time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast