+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 5234

Thread: FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Amateur

Dinamo Stavropol continue to shock Russian football...

following on from the Russian Cup win last season, we've now lifted the Russian Super Cup, beating Zenit 1-0, despite the fact we were reduced to 9 men!

Semi Pro
    Lusitânia Açores, Angra do Heroísmo - Big Euro Nation

Oh no. I've just been recommended (by two separate scouts) two centre backs, one called Jesus and the other called Christ Tshamala. I'm very tempted to buy them both so my defence is Jesus, Christ.

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

well done toonbalmy... congrats on being the first completion this year. looking forward to you being the dominant force in years to come.

G-Wiz - well done on your cup wins. good luck on the push for the title.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PRDH View Post
    Oh no. I've just been recommended (by two separate scouts) two centre backs, one called Jesus and the other called Christ Tshamala. I'm very tempted to buy them both so my defence is Jesus, Christ.
    Ha Ha!! Brilliant!! Do it...

Third Team

I'm with Rlips on this one, Brilliant it has to be done.

Youth Team

Could lead o some amusing news stories - Jesus injured by Christ in training for example I had a player fom Chile called Jesus in FM10 and always got a chuckle out of opposition managers "praising Jesus" after games.

Youth Team

And well done toonbalmy!! Good luck with your title defences

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Could lead o some amusing news stories - Jesus injured by Christ in training for example I had a player fom Chile called Jesus in FM10 and always got a chuckle out of opposition managers "praising Jesus" after games.
    Agreed. In Portugal (and last year in Spain) there are great stories. My favourite was a media report before a tough game for the Portugal national side this year - 'Portugal rely on Jesus and co' - it's so accidentally pessimistic!

First Team Regular
    Premier League Draft Champion x2, OTF Big Brother Winner

Make sure you buy Simon Church to play upfront ;)

Amateur

Season review 2019/2020

League table | Position graph | DFB-pokal | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We started the season awfully with 2 losses against Düsseldorf and Hoffenheim, indicating that this was probably going to be a long and hard season. And it would have been if hadn't gone on a 8 macht unbeaten run, including a 1-1 against Bayern (our only draw in that run), a 3-1 win at Leverkusen, and a 1-0 win over Dortmund (!).

Our run was then abruptly ended with a 2-3 loss at Stuttgart, then came 5 unbeaten games with 3 wins and 2 draws. At this point we were 4th and had a great chance at european football at the midseason break, at 5th after a loss against gladbach.

After the winter break we weren't as good as before, but started off well with 2 wins. Followed by a loss at Werder Bremen. After a dissapointing draw against Mainz, again came the 3 hard games against Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund, which we handled well with again a draw against Bayern a win over Leverkusen and a draw at Dortmund. With just 10 games to go we just had to hold on a bit longer to make europe. But we dropped too many points and made it come down to very last game.
    We played Gladbach and Leverkusen played Mainz both at home, we knew we had to win as Leverkusen probably would as well. We went ahead in the 8th minute through a Brownlie goal, and things were going well for us, but Gladbach scored twice in 54th and 76th minute and Leverkusen were ahead. We were still able to draw the game but couldn't win it anymore, and as Leverkusen won their game, still no european football for us.

I really wanted a cup run this season, and we went a bit further this season, finally being in the cup after the winter break, achieved with an easy win over mettlach, then a decent win over Köln, and a less then convincing win over Rostock (we needed an own goal and a penalty), but went out in the quarter-final after a difficult draw with Wolfsburg.

Finances - Our finances are very healthy at the moment and we're expanding the youth facilities as we speak, and theres still sponsor money to come.

Transfers - Got in another new goalkeeper on a free from everton, a new player for the wings (Sobota), a new right-back who was dissapointing, and a very big nigerian striker prospect.

Top players:
    5: Koray Günter - My best defender by far, but we need to improve our defence to move up the table
    4: Jacob Gibbons - I love this guy, always performs and a great player.
    3: Waldemar Sobota - A very good player, but getting on a bit, but can still perform at this level.
    2: Thomas Peters - As Caron didn't perform, he had to step in, and he did, scored some great goals and had a very good season.
    1: Scott Brownlie - The explosive striker finally started to perform this season, and I hope to enjoy him a couple more seasons.

3 of our players were called up for the european championship this season: Lee Hill (Wales), Stefan Valenta (Slovakia) and Scott Brownlie (Scotland).

I arranged 2 player to come next season:
    1. Jerry van der Zee
    2. Pedro Lopez

Semi Pro

I am proud to announce a very exciting club link up. A team some of you may remember. Lusitania Acores have announced a link with French National side SO Romorantin.

First Team Regular

I seem to remember them ;)

Amateur

so, having overcome FC Copenhagen 3-2 in the 4th qualifying round, Dinamo Stavropol have been drawn in Euro Cup Group I along with Bordeaux, FC Twente and Olympiakos...looks like our European adventure may be over before its even begun, be fun to see if we can compete at this level

Third Team

Never thought I'd say this but I need to sell Natale. His head has been turned and he has requested a transfer. But as it was outside of a transfer window I thought I could just continue playing him. Alas he's a hinderance to the team now. He can't score for toffee and is generally just a nuisence up there. We had been on a shocking run of league form but have just won 2 back to back and are back in the playoff spots. Only 6 games to go.

(sorry to all that may have trouble following where I'm at with Novese, it must be confusing having me drop in and out every fortnight . Fortunately I'm off for xmas til the 3rd of January so should​ be able to update more regularly now )

Third Team

Oh and from looking at this page solely, well done G-Wiz, great to see such solid progress with a Russian side.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Oh and from looking at this page solely, well done G-Wiz, great to see such solid progress with a Russian side.
    thank you sir...hopefully the european adventure will attract some investment, as the lack of funds is really affecting my ability to compete at this level. Judging from the way we've started in the league this season, last years 8th place finish may have just been us punching well above our weight. In reality we're nowhere near competing with the top russian sides

Third Team

Well in case you haven't seen there has been another update...here are some direct fixes to our leagues:
    France
    ------
    - Updated National Division Schedule.
    - Fixed teams from overseas territories not taking part in the French Cup.
    - Fixed Ligue 1 Schedule.
    - Fixed Ligue 2 Schedule.
    - Updated Coupe de la Ligue prize money.
    - Updated CFA Schedule.
    - User reserve team matches in the CFA now are played in full detail.
    - French Cup runners up now take part in EURO Cup if the winners have qualified for the Champions Cup.
    - Updated the 2011 Champions Trophy venue.

Germany
    -------
    - Fixed First and Second Division schedules.

Italy
    -----
    - Randomized Coppa Italia Lega Pro groups.
    - Updated points deduction for Serie B and Lega Pro 1st and 2nd Divisions.
    - Fixed Italian Cup final fixture clash with international fixtures.
    - Fixed Italian Cup runner up not taking part in Super Cup when a team does the double (i.e. a team wins Serie A and Italian Cup).
    - Italian Cup semi-final first leg date no longer clashes with international matches every 2nd year.

Russia
    ------
    - Squad win bonus news item now doesn't appear halfway through first season.
    - Russian Premier Division teams in first season of Russian Cup sixth round play away.
    - Updated prize money of Russian competitions.
    - Fixed promotion to Russian First Division from Second Division.

Scotland
    --------
    - Fixed League Cup semi-final date.

Spain
    -----
    - Fixed Spanish Cup final fixture clash with international fixtures.
    - Fixed LIGA Adelante playoff rules.
    - Can now move non-EU players to B teams.
    - Fixed Playoff final for Second B Division in user's 2nd season being scheduled on June 30th, the same day as player's are released at the end of their contracts.

Turkey
    ------
    - Correct teams now in the Turkish Second Division groups.
    - Fixed European qualification from the 2011/12 Turkish Premier Division and changed it back to a single league format for 2012/13.
    - Fixed Wednesday Premiership matches not being televised.
    - Stopped trialists being able to play in competitive matches.

There are also some other ones that will affect us, but these are directly to our leagues.

Third Team

End of Season Report - Novese - 2015/16 (Season 4) - Serie C1B

Serie C1B - 4th

Self-inflicted pressure of the Natale contract situation meant that if we didn't secure promotion this year, he could leave for just £250k. Improving on last year's 3rd place finish was the aim.

We began superbly, staying unbeaten in our first 12 games and topping the table. I had high hopes for the year but as is sometimes the case, teams cotton onto your tactics for the return game and make life more difficult. This happened to us and our form in the second half of the season drastically deteriorated.

We won just 6 of our 17 games from January and that quite simply cost us automatic promotion. In fact it did so much damage that we finished 4th and were consigned to the playoffs again.

Oh, the playoffs. How I loathe them. Tiago Gomes did score one of the goals of the season to put us 1-0 up at home but we faded badly and lost 2-1 in what would be the final game at the Costante Girardengo. Pity. The 2nd leg went the same way and we bade farewell to the playoffs, probably Natale and definitely Alessandria who were promoted.

The Cups:

The Coppa Italia gave us two games this season as we despatched Sacilese 4-0 but fell in the next round to Virtus Lanciano.

The Serie C Cup saw us enter in the 1st knockout round and we destroyed Bassano 4-2. The 2nd round saw an impressive 3-1 win over high profile Perugia. So we made the odd group stage of 3 teams, 2 fixtures and 1 qualifying spot. One loss can end your chances and our opening 1-0 defeat to Viareggio sealed our fate.

Results

Key Men:

Riccardo Tantardini (DC) - he's been a key man for us and has shown remarkable improvements since we signed him in 2012. Need to find a more steady partner for him than Orchi though.

Massimo Cianci (DM/MLC) - probably the man who improved the most over the season. Will become a key CM for us I think.

Carlo Cesena (M/AMC) - from the most improved to the best player of the season. He won the league's player of the year and was a superb trequartista for us. He will be essential for us next year.

Tiago Gomes (AMLC/ST) - second top goalscorer in the league but most came in the first half of the season. As the year dragged on, he let his form drop and that was disappointing.

Giorgio Natale (AMC/ST) - the biggest let down. Like Gomes began the year well, until he realised he wanted to leave. After that point, his form dropped and we struggled for goals.

Squad Stats
    Results 1 | Results 2
    Finances

Objectives Complete?

• Press for Playoff spot
    Achieved, but again we fell at that final hurdle.
    • Keep Natale
    Achieved. Likely to be the last we see of him though
    • TRY​ to amend the finances
    Major fail. Kept Natale by sacrificing the financial future of the club. In hindsight, not worth it at all.

Objectives:

• Press for Playoff spot
    • Develop a new tactical framework (ideally a 4-3-3 hybrid)
    • TRY to amend the finances ;)
    So we'll be moving to the new stadium in the summer, probably saying goodbye to Natale and I want to change the tactical set up in pre-season. So there is plenty of upheaval at the club on the way and it is likely to set us back a year or two. I don't expect playoffs next year, but I will be certainly aiming for top half. The precarious finances have to be amended somehow. It is a diabolical situation I've plunged us into!

Third Team

Well this summer has been interesting. Natale was the subject of most of the talk around town as he was the subject of a £130k co-ownership deal. Cittadella took 50% for that and have the option to sign him for £250k the following year. It means he'll stay with us for one final year (presuming they have enough to buy him next year) and consequently was made club captain for the year. Risky but hopefully he will commit himself further to the club knowing he will get his move next summer.

As for other transfers, we've been massively restricted by the wage budget. At present we don't have a right back or a left back! I'm just waiting for the time I can ask the board for a wage budget increase. Shouldn't be long now

Third Team

Gah, we lost on penalties to Sassuolo in the Coppa Italia 2nd round. The reason it's more annoying than usual is the winner had a tie versus Lazio! Could have been our first taste of the big time. Never mind

Amateur

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Review 2020-2021

League table
    | Position graph | DFB-pokal | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Season Review:

A season where we didn't do much of anything and thus this will be a shorter update as many of the players are the same and the results are essentially the same as well. The big theme of the year was thinning out of the squad and the acquisition of star Brazilian striker Daniel. Our record 9 million pound signing came in and provided the goals that were so sorely lacking for this team over the years. Frustratingly our airtight defence of the past few seasons also dissipated. As you can see in the fixtures list, we had both great runs of form and some pathetic ones. The key loss of form was just after the winter break where we lost 5 games in a row and only scored 1 goal, which was a rare revert back to the hapless infront of goal Wilhelmshaven of years previous.

The other theme of the season was injuries. Aside from our 2 main strikers, essentially every one of our key players had a serious injury this year, despite the fact that we played the fewer games than we had in previous seasons. Losing both Vieira and Falah at the same time takes away the bite from our midfield.

Overall, a disappointing cup run along with another 7th place would have meant no Europe, however a Bayern Munich victory in the Champions League final has apparently granted us entrance into the Euro Cup for next season, so a rare thanks goes out to FC Bayern Munchen :.

Finances - We're crazy rich, but our chairman is pragmatic (read: tight fisted)

Transfers - Only player in of note was Daniel, others were just prospects. We sold off a number of fringe prospects and squad player, looking to develop some of the clubs academy players which are showing promise.

Top players:
    5: Farkas - A somewhat average season for our Slovak number one. Still, he provides the best goalkeeping the club has ever seen.
    4: Falah - Our best midfielder the Swede's season was derailed by a torn hamstring and it could be argued it derailed the team's whole season.
    3: Worn - To score 6 goals for Wilhelmshaven is a feat considering our offensive inepitude, he's a really solid winger
    2: Zoidze - Vice-Captain Zoidze scored 12 goals and added 6 assists to be a key player for us up front. If his goal totals keep improving he may eventually be the striker I thought he could be.
    1: Daniel - For the first time in the top flight we had a player break double digits in goals. He misses more than I'd like, but with my history of buying strikers I'm not going to complain.

Semi Pro

Oh dear, iacovone, sounds like you're having a tough run at the moment. It will make the success even sweeter!

Third Team

Oh dear, iacovone, sounds like you're having a tough run at the moment. It will make the success even sweeter!
    Yeah it's not going great PRDH. Tried to mould us into a fluid passing side but it's all gone t*ts up. Only won 1 league game from the first 11! So I've switched to a sort of 4-4-2 diamond in a desperate attempt to reverse our fortunes.

As you say, the struggle adds so much when success finally arrives

Amateur

We will fight them on the beaches: An Englishman in Dunkerque....

Today, USL Dunkerque unveiled their new manager - a completely unknown Englishman, Richard Kasbarian who apparently traveled across on the ferry in search of cheap cigarettes and somehow ended up in the football stadium. Demanding six hundred Marlborough and a seven bottles of Jack Daniels form the club chairman, upon learning of the local football team he proclaimed that he would start a revolution in the region if he were made manager. The French club surrendered in due fashion and gave the reigns over to him, leaving former Wolves defender Ludovic Pollet suitably pissed off at the developments. (Although not really seeing as USLD finished 8th in the CFA and only got promoted because all of the seven sides above them were reserve sides.)

Dunkerque have never played in the highest division of France and have never won a major trophy in their 93 year history. Their club motto is 'contre vents et merres' (lit. against the wind and waves.) Which is what we will need to combat the biting Channel breeze during our matches.

Stadium
    Facilities
    Club Info

The squad was fairly bloated but Kasbarian announced no real sweeping changes - ditching some deadwood on amateur contracts and bringing in a few new faces in the squad as well as new backroom staff, all puzzled by their sudden call-up to Dunkerque. Overall the club are well within their wage budget and despite possessing players of a lesser quality than most teams in this league, will still fancy their chances of avoiding relegation back down to the amateur divisions.

Let ze battle commence...

Semi Pro

Welcome aboard kabajingai. Good luck with Dunkerque.

Amateur

this team is so unpredictable, its getting really frustrating!! perfect example, we will lose or draw games against teams we should be beating, and then we will play away to Lokomotiv Moscow, get hammered all game, and win 1-0! just check out the stats, we had no right to win that game at all, not that im complaining, first league victory over Lokomotiv, and valuable away points in the league...

anyhooo...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by G-Wiz View Post
    this team is so unpredictable, its getting really frustrating!! perfect example, we will lose or draw games against teams we should be beating, and then we will play away to Lokomotiv Moscow, get hammered all game, and win 1-0! just check out the stats, we had no right to win that game at all, not that im complaining, first league victory over Lokomotiv, and valuable away points in the league...

anyhooo...
    Wow! The phrase 'Smash and Grab' comes to mind with that game. Although 33 shots and only 6 on target - I wouldn't be trying to buy their strikers come the end of the season!

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

NOt played in nearly two weeks due to my father passing away and as such not been in here.

Well done on completion Toonbalmy. ALso to all who have won silverware well done guys.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    NOt played in nearly two weeks due to my father passing away and as such not been in here.

Well done on completion Toonbalmy. ALso to all who have won silverware well done guys.
    Sending my Condolences

hopefully he be watching over you and your Red Sox not so much that they will bash the Phillies

Amateur

sorry to hear that Almondo, my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time

Third Team

Terrible news Almondo, all the best.

Youth Team

I echo the sentiments of the above posts. Sorry for your loss Almondo

Youth Team

I'm a little past the halfway point in my current season. Fenerbahçe are running away with the league a bit - 8 points clear of us in second and it's difficult to see when & where they are going to drop points. At least the Championship Group at the end of the season will see whatever lead they have cut in half

Btw, am I to assumje from the latest patch notes that the play-off system has been removed by the latest patch? The notes say: "- Fixed European qualification from the 2011/12 Turkish Premier Division and changed it back to a single league format for 2012/13." Has anyone doing the challenge in Turkey moved on to a new season since the patch? Can you confirm this?

In other news, my chairman has gone over my head to sell a player for the first time as he let our top defender Mazrahi go for 13.5million TL. A decent price but we are now left with a very young and average looking defence. Luckily, he resisted temptation when Aston Villa renewed their interest in Woodford with a 40million TL bid and when Anzhi offered 12.5million TL for Hakan Konak.

Youth Team

Iacovone - tough times at the moment mate. Fingers crossed the formation change works.
    Kabajingai - good luck with Dunkerque and welcome back to the challenge. Love the opening post too.
    Almondo - so sorry to hear that mate. Can’t imagine what that is like. Thoughts with you and your family.
    DodgeeD - not sure about the patch fix though I would be surprised if it amended the league format of an existing game??? In terms of chairman accepting bids I have also just had my first one which I wasn’t too happy about either.

Third Team

Almondo - Thoughts are with you and all of your family at this very hard time.

Third Team

End of Season Report - Novese - 2016/17 (Season 5) - Serie C1A

Serie C1B - 9th

The big summer news saw the club sell 50% of Giorgio Natale to Cittadella for £170k. He will likely move permanently next year for £250k.

As the season began, I attempted something entirely different: a complete switch in tactical philosophy. We adopted a 3-2-3-2 with the aim of creating a fluid attacking unit and a cover-based defence. It really did not work. We rarely carved out genuine chances, having to rely on set-pieces and we were a mess at the back. However, this was my baby and I intended to make it work. I didn't. It took me half a season to revert back to something more generic.

So with our 5-3-2 beginning to work, I managed to tease us out of the playout positions and into the top half of the table. At one stage we were dark horses to make the playoffs, but it just didn't quite come together.

8th place given our start is more than respectable. I'm very pleased with the turnaround. However we have come 3rd, 4th and 8th now so I need to stop us slipping further south and try and get back up to the playoff spots.

The Cups:

Largely insignificant this year. Missed out on a lucrative tie vs Lazio in the TIM Cup and should have done better in the Serie C Cup.

Results

Key Men:

Carlo Cesena (M/AMC) - after winning the league's best player award last season, much was expected of the young attacking midfielder. He had a solid season if unspectacular. More will be expected of him next year. He also enters his final year of his contract so tying him down is essential.

Giorgio Natale - (AMC/ST) - a decent year. Doesnt' score enough goals for my liking but he's too good a player to ever leave out. May have seen the last of him in a Novese shirt.

Flop of the Season:

Renato Scalia (AMRC/ST) - signed as a winger but didn't perform. Was tried in the AMC position and up front in my various formations but was garbage wherever he took to the field. Perhaps I'm to blame for the ridiculous number of formations I tried!

Squad Stats
    Results
    Finances

Objectives Complete?

• Press for Playoff spot
    Failed. Dropped off due to poor start to the season. Finished 8th
    • Develop a new tactical framework (ideally a 4-3-3 hybrid)
    FAIL.
    Failed. Natale's wages of nearly £5k per week are killing us. He's becoming a burden on the club.

Objectives:

• Finish top half
    • Find a new forward line
    • TRY to amend the finances ;)
    So moving into our 6th season it is true that we've stalled as a club a bit. The irony here is that the player I tried so hard to keep, thinking he would be the key to Serie B football, has become a burden on the pitch and on the accounts. He must go. With his departure I will need to be more prudent with wages and signing's but we now have a reputation as a club where we can pick up top level cast-offs. This is a market we should be abusing.

Semi Pro

Almondo - That's awful news. Hope you're holding up. Thoughts with you.
    iacovone - Stalling a bit? Or consolidating for the big push? I think the latter!

Youth Team

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German 2nd Division – Season 2015/16

Season Preview

So after our susprise 3rd place finish and playoff defeat I had a tricky summer. I was torn between a steady build and making an all-out push for promotion. I decided with my 3-year plan that I would continue my steady improvement and make only minor changes to the squad.

To that end, here are the new signings…

Transfers

Full Backs

5. Yordan Ivanov - Yordan was signed to add some quality to the LB spot, particularly following the departure of Desole. At £55k hopefully it will prove to be a bargain.
    33. Sahin Yamac - Sahin becomes the 3rd LB at the club, though he will compete with Ivanov for the starting spot as I look to move Novotny out of the club.

Centre Backs

Serkan Eren - Serkan is a highly promising young Turk and will add depth to our defensive options for now.

Midfielders

14. Migen Toma - Migen is a German U19 international and is a highly promising defensive midfielder. He will push for a starting spot.
    27. Cabbas Kizildemir - Cabbas is a promising right midfielder and will push Ruiz for his starting spot. Could turn out to be a star.

Strikers

9. Ivan Smodlaka - Ivan cost a large £750k and was my major transfer signing of the summer. He has huge potential and while the fee is a gamble I hope it turns out to be ok. Will push my four existing strikers.

The Upcoming Season

So we are ready for our second season in Bundesliga II. Whilst obviously we want to improve on last season, privately I will be happy with a top-6 finish. Still fancy a pop at the title mind!

Amateur

Dear god rlipscombe those are some freaky looking players you brought in, what went wrong there?

Sorry for your loss Almondo.

Semi Pro

Thanks for the condolences guys, started laying again now and just been given a really tough Champions League group. A.C.Milan, Man City and Shakhtar

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by neushoorn70 View Post
    Dear god rlipscombe those are some freaky looking players you brought in, what went wrong there?
    If I( remember correctly Rlips PC doesn't quite have a good enough graphics card (or any at all :P) and makes his players look all weird like :P

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    If I( remember correctly Rlips PC doesn't quite have a good enough graphics card (or any at all :P) and makes his players look all weird like :P
    Either that or he's made so much progress in the game that the footballing world is full of cyborgs with disturbingly human hair.

Third Team

Either that or he's made so much progress in the game that the footballing world is full of cyborgs with disturbingly human hair.
    This...

Amateur

Vikeologist’s 2019/2020 End of Season Report

Code:

Season League Pos Cups Europe Achievements 2012/13 Sc Div 3 1st No comment n/a Manager of the Year 2013/14 Sc Div 2 1st Challenge Cup Finalists n/a Manager of the Year 2014/15 Sc Div 1 3rd CC Winners & SC Final qual None 2015/16 Sc Div 1 2nd CC & SC Winners, LC R/U EC 3Q Manager of the Year 2016/17 Sc Div 1 1st Challenge Cup Winners EC 4Q Manager of the Year 2017/18 Sc Prem 5th LC Final qual None 2018/19 Sc Prem 7th LC Winners EC R2 Manager of the Year 2019/20 Sc Prem 1st SC Winners, LC R/U n/a Manager of the Year

Squad
    Table
    Transfers

Let’s not be coy; it was a good season. Like last year, after the 33 game split, we had nothing left to play for in the league in the final 5 games, only this time it was because we’d just secured the title with a 5-1 thrashing of Celtic. In the Scottish Cup Final, we went in at half time 2-0 down, but secured the trophy and 3-2 comeback with a third minute of extra time goal. We lost in the League Cup Final, but having won that last season, I played my back-up players throughout anyway.

What caused this apparently sudden progression. I think it was finishing 7th and out of the top half last season. For all that we were unlucky, we were also, to a great extent, crap. I wielded the axe of a few players, including the club captain, that had been putting their heads in the guillotine with their performances since we’d reached the top tier. This brought in a lot of money, and would have sent the message to the remaining players, had this been real life and not just a spreadsheet, that I meant business. Not having to worry about Europe may have helped as well.

So, Champions League next! There’s a few things on my to do list. My previously star striker Hamza Zengin (previously 32 goals in 63 league games) scored 6 in the first 15 games of this season, and was then injured for the rest of the season in three intervals, playing only 89 more minutes of football. From coaches’ reports he’s now only the 5th best striker. I’m not going to get rid of him. He might have only been good at one thing, but that thing was scoring goals. The star ratings have to be taken with a pinch of salt. However he has declined (very) badly this season, and I doubt he’ll be in the first 11 any more. He has a ‘match higher earner’ clause in his long term contract which I need to get rid of, as I have no intention of paying him the salaries that I’ll be paying to new arrivals. Also, if I can get someone to offer too much money for him, I will probably do that before anyone realises what a busted flush he is.
    Now that we’re back sharing Stenhousemuir’s stadium, we sold out the 6k seats every single league match. The option for a new (or to be more exact our own) stadium isn’t available in the Boardroom interaction at the moment, but I want to bring in as much money as I can for when it is to limit the potential loan debt.

I have no internationals in the squad (although a central defender has just squeezed his way into the Czech Republic squad) and no Scottish players (although an under-18 and Welsh youth international player has duel Scottish nationality). He could be good, so I hope he waits to see if Scotland will give him a chance (my prejudiced assumption being that everyone would prefer to play for Scotland rather than Wales given the choice, even if they are like proper Welsh mun).

Amateur

rlipscombe - Your new cyborgs look promising. good luck this season.

Almondo - Condolences.

iacovone - Have you considered a fire sale clear out? Natale does look good, but he seems to be doing the football equivalent of looking good on your arm and then shagging your best friend. "Judge ye them by their works.", as the big man said when he led Judea Disciples FC to the title in their legendary 33AD 'rising from the grave' season.

Kabajingal - Since i can't think of any slightly witty 'dunkirk spirit' comments - good luck!

First Team Regular

congrats on the title vikeologist

Youth Team

that's right... when i play on the laptop they have normal faces but the PC ain't great graphics card wise...

Youth Team

cobgrats on the title vikeologist - that's some improvement from last season. good luck in your preparantion for Champions League football.

Amateur

It's been a while since i have posted in this challenge as its been a busy time of late and i have missed 3-4 pages of updates.
    I've still continued with my game when possible and have an end of season update which i will post this afternoon.
    Well done to everyone who is continuing to play this great challenge and i will try and catch up on how everyone is doing.

Youth Team

looking forward to the update stellaF1. good to have you back

First Team Regular

qualified first in my CL group. Drew Real Madrid in the first knockout round :|

Amateur

Default Stuart Brawls, Seregno 2018-19, Season 7, Serie A

Stuart Brawls, Seregno 2018-19, Season 7, Serie A
    Squad | Finances | Transfers

Targets

The targets i had for the season was to obtain a top half finish, like last season, do our best to defend the Italian cup and get to and hopefully through the group stages of the Europa League.

Super Cup

We started off the season in the Italian Super Cup against league winners Fiorentina and despite playing well and having several chances we couldn't score and eventually lost 1-0.

Italian Cup
    Fixtures

Our defence of the Italian cup started out against Serie B side Pescara in the 3rd Qualifying round. Goals from Paulao and Durand eventually saw us through after going behind early on.
    The 4th qualifying round put us away at Livorno (who would finish last in Serie A) and we took a half time lead of 2-0 with goals from Longo and Riddell. The seonce half started badly as Torbjornsen was sent off after 53 mins and then in the 77th Minute Livorno pulled one back ut thankfully we were able to hang on as Livorno went on to have 2 men sent off in the last 5 mins.
    The 1st round put us up against Roma away from home but despite the diffcultly of the tie and the fact it was an away match we completely dominated and fully deserved to run out 3-0 winners.
    Bologna fell in the quarter final as goals from Colic and Jose Maria saw us win 2-1.
    The 2 legged semi final put us up against Palermo and it was at this point i realised why i was able to do so well against Inter last year as the 1st leg for some reason falls during an international window and i had several players missing.
    Thankfully though Palermo had the same problem and we won both legs 3-1 to run out 6-2 winners on aggregate.
    The final was against Parma and i was fairly confident going into the match as i had beaten them twice in the league. We got off to a great start as Colic scored in the 1st minute to give us the lead. Parma came back though and on the 23rd minute they equalised. After a bit of motivation at half time we eventually got the breakthrough as the sensational Paulao scored the winner in the 61st minute as we held on and won 2-1 to lift the Italian cup for the second year running.
    This guaranteed us Europa league football at least for next season.

League

A fantastic season for us as we showed definate improvements in the league as we were able to stay with the pace set by the leading teams.
    The majority of the season was spent in either 6th or 7th place. 6th being the last Europa league spot with 7th only gaining a spot depending upon who won the Italian Cup.
    As the season panned out we missed out on both a Europa league spot through the league and champions league place by 3 points. With second only finishing 5 points ahead of Seregno and League winners Napoli just 11 points ahead.
    As you may have read above we got back into the Europa league by retaining the Italian Cup.

League | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Europa League

Our first foray into Europe.
    We were entered into the 4th and last qualifying round which pitched us against Grasshoppers and 2 convincing performances saw us run out 5-0 winners on aggregate.
    The group stage put us up against Sevilla, Bordeaux and Sparta Prague.
    After a good 1-1 draw away at Bordeaux we then went on a run of 4 wins, home wins against Bordeaux and Sevilla with in between wins home and away against Spart Prague.
    This ensured that we had already won the group with 13 points when we rested the important first team players which resulted in a 2-0 defeat away at Sevilla.
    The 1st knockout round was against Schalke and a good 1-1 away draw put us in good stead for the home leg. But an early goal for Schalke put us on the back foot. A second half goal from Durand put us back level in the tie and on away goals. It stayed like this till the end of 90 minutes, despite Schalke going down to 10 men, and we went into extra time. It was then that Colic showed his class with 2 goals giving us a 3-1 victory on the night and a 4-2 victory on aggregate AET.
    The second knockout round was against Villareal and despite a 1st minute goal from Paulao in the first away leg we lost 2-1 but had the important away goal. The home leg saw a 1st half own goal put us ahead on away goals and a late second half goal from Colic gave a slight bit of breathing space and eventual aggregate win of 3-2.
    The quarter finals beckoned and we drew Everton again with the away leg first. We twice took the lead only to fall to a hat-trick from Papiss Cisse and a 3-2 away defeat. An 11th minute goal from Jose Maria gave us the lead on away goals but Everton equalised on the half hour to go back in front 4-3. A 70th minute srtike from Durand put us back level at 4-4 but crucially still ahead on away goals and we held on to progress.
    The semi finalists of the Europa league were therefore Seregno, Valencia, Real Madrid and Manchester City. Could have been the Champions League Semi final!!!!!
    We drew Real Madrid but this time with the Home leg first. We did exceptionally well as our centre back Habib Garba scored twice with 2 headers from corners (he would score 3 all season!) to put us 2-0 up. Unfortuanlely Real Madrid pulled a late goal back and got the away goal. The second leg at the Bernabeu saw us mightly outclassed as we conceeded 3 times in the first half and only a second half sending off for Real Madrid saw us get in some chances. Nothing else of note happened and went went out 4-2 on aggregate.
    Rather surprisingly Valencia beat Man City 3-1 on aggregate and the Europa league final was an all Spanish affair with Real Madrid eventually winning it 2-0.
    Overall though i was delighted by our progress at our first attempt.

Fixtures | Group F

Players

Xabier Eizagirre - Signed in the summer for 2.5m from Getafe initially as a hot prospect for the future but he quickly established himself as our number 1 GK and picked up 26 clean sheets.
    Pietro Marino - My main keeper last season but with the arrival of Eizagirre he found himself only playing in a handful of games and was mostly on the bench.
    Valentino Ostieri - Now the only remaining player from my 1st season. He played in quite a few matches and i will keep hold of him for now (being sentimental) but his average ratings show he can still do well.
    Lee Connor - Signed on a free in January as a hot prospect. Has played a few times and i hope he continues to develop.
    Lars Torbjornsen - Our best right back. Had a good season and stillhas the potential to improve.
    Nick Van Wonderen - Hasn't featured much and i certainly couldn't turn down the 1.3m co-ownership deal offered by Cagliari in January. He remains available for selection for me and the money will come in handy.
    Loic Fournier - Rarely used this season and wasn't too impressed when he did play.
    Ionel Neagu - Third season at the club and he was very good again. Played in the majority of matches.
    Michele Cremonesi - Rarely used after a couple of poor matches in the league at the start of the season.
    Tommy Riddell - Youngster who proved he was good enough to perform at this level and played in quite a lot of matches.
    Habib Garba - Played in the majority of matches alongside Neagu and had an excellent season.
    Melvin Adelaar - Signed for 2.5m from jax at the start of the season and was our first choice left back. Had a very good first season. Don't think he is liking the training at the minute with most of his stats reducing?
    Cedric Dumas - Our backup left back who played when necessary and was good when called upon.
    Armando Di Matteo - Continues to play in a lot of matches and contributed with 4 goals.
    Kayhan Yayla - Played mainly as our DMC and would have played more if injuries hadn't struck.
    Noel Henauer - Decent season played mainly rotationally with Kayhan and Armando and also covering injuries.
    Jose Maria - Our current record signing in the summer for 6m from Las Palmas. Only 18 when i signed him he went straight into my first team and played in the majority of matches this season. He will continue to improve.
    Dennis Humbel - Used mainly as cover this season and didn't show anything all season going forward.
    Paulao - Fabulous season for a centre midfielder as he broke the goals in a season record with 21 goals and also picked up 9 assists. Played as much as possible, Superb player.
    Diogo Ferreira - Was used backup in midfield this season and didn't set the world alight when he did play.
    Thomas Saluria - Picked up on a free in January and has plenty of potential, came on as a sub in a couple of games.
    Samir Colic - Showed the potential that he has after his disappointing 1st season. This season i used him both in midfield and up front and his improved was highlighted in the 17 goals he picked up in all competitions.
    Daniel Guillot - After a good first season his second season can only be seen as a disaster. In 32 appearances he only managed to bag 3 goals though the only saving grace would be the 9 assists.
    Clemont Durand - Along with Colic and Paulao our other top goalscorer though his goals ainly came in Europe as he form in the league wasn't the same. 5 goals in 21 league appearances compared to 7 goals in 12 Europa league appearances. He also picked up 12 assists and overall he had a very good season.
    Marco Giovio - His signing in the previous January was one of the main turning points in our last season but this season he was a dissapointment compared to what he had shown last year. In the previous season which he was with us for only 6 months he picked up 13 goals, this whole season he only got 4 goals and 2 assists in 31 appearances.
    Alexey Razinskiy - Another young player that i picked up on a free in January. Despite being mainly used as a sub he still managed to pick up 3 goals and 2 assists.
    Silvio Longo - Signed in the summer from Independiente for 2.5m. He got 8 goals and 5 assists in his first season. He didn't play in any of the big games but he will with the potential he has got to improve. Will be interesting to see how he does next season.

The Future

I would be delighted if we could do as well as we did this season.
    I am looking forawrd to having another run at the Europa League and wondering if we can win the Italian Cup for the 3rd year in a row?
    As for the league i am hoping that we can continue to keep pace with the top teams and hoping gain a european qualification spot through our league finishing position rather than through the cup.

After several requests to the board they have finally agreed that the youth facilities need improving and it has just been announced that this will be done costing 1.2m and taking 4 months to complete.

Seregno History:

Code:
     Season  |   League    | Position | Italian Cup  |       Other Comps         |             Achievements              |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     2012/13 | Serie C2/A  |   10th   | Not Entered  |    Serie C Cup 1st Rnd    |               Survival                |
     2013/14 | Serie C2/B  |   1st    | Not Entered  |    Serie C Cup 1st Rnd    | Winners, PROMOTION + Won C2 Super Cup |
     2014/15 | Serie C1/A  |   3rd    | 2nd Qual Rnd |    Serie C Cup 1st Rnd    |        Playoff Winners, PROMOTION     |
     2015/16 |   Serie B   |   6th    |  1st Round   |          None             |           Playoff Semi-Final          |
     2016/17 |   Serie B   |   1st    | 2nd Qual Rnd |          None             |            Serie B Winners            |
     2017/18 |   Serie A   |   9th    |   Winners    |          None             |Survival, Won Italian Cup, into Europe |
     2018-19 |   Serie A   |   7th    |   Winners    | Europa League Semi-Final  | Top Half, Won Italian Cup, into Europe|
    Seregno 100 Club:

Code:
        Player Name       | Pos | Apps | Start | Subs | Goals | Assists | MOM | Years Active |
                          |     |      |       |      |(Conc) |(Clean S)|     |              |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       Valentino Ostieri  | DR  | 227  |  220  |  7   |    0  |    19   |  11 |   2012-2019  | 
        Carlo Scalera     | DLC | 177  |  165  |  12  |   12  |     6   |  14 |   2012-2017  |
        Diogo Ferreira    | MC  | 173  |  146  |  27  |    8  |    26   |   4 |   2014-2019  |  
        Guerino Stella    | DMC | 157  |  128  |  29  |    1  |     6   |   1 |   2012-2018  |
       Armando Di Matteo  | DMC | 154  |  141  |  13  |   15  |    11   |   6 |   2015-2019  |
      Filippo Perucchini  | GK  | 133  |  133  |  0   | (106) |   (59)  |   2 |   2014-2018  |
         Ionel Neagu      | DC  | 131  |  131  |  0   |    8  |     5   |  11 |   2016-2019  |
          Rene Dekker     | ST  | 115  |  112  |  3   |   53  |    24   |  17 |   2014-2018  |
     Giovanni Kyeremateng | ST  | 112  |  108  |  13  |   41  |    16   |  11 |   2013-2017  |

Semi Pro

Lusitânia Açores - 2021/22 Season Summary - The Centenary

Finances

Key figure - £13,332,348 | Summary

The Champions League didn't have as much of an effect on my finances as I thought it would. Partly because I didn't get many wins, but also because I got less than £4m in TV money at the end of the season. Is that normal? Last year I was getting £20m plus.

The reason for the reduced balance on last season was the board's agreement to improve both youth and senior training facilities.

Transfers | 12 in (£5.5m), 8 out (£7.25m)

Not a great deal of movement in the summer with a few youngsters/squad players being brought in and the same sort leaving. January saw more important moves. Alexey Semenov was sold after his years of service with a replacement being bought and a new, exciting 'keeper.

A lot of staff members came in this season too, getting the standard in every category up to 4.5 stars. A move that paid instant dividends for the players.

League | Predicted - 6th

Table | Graph

Well, despite my league win last year the media were still predicting the club to finish 6th in the centenary year.

This was an odd season. After last season's heroics I was expecting to steamroller the smaller teams, but it wasn't to be. Of my six losses this season only one of them came against one of the other 'big' teams. A loss at home to Sporting. In the other games against them I beat Benfica twice, Porto once (drew the other) and beat Sporting.

The losses and poor performance came against the mid-table teams. I can only assume it was complacency creeping in. Although it might just be that the 'keeper replacement came in during January and after that I improved. I'm not sure.

Anyway, the important thing at this stage was to keep in the hunt for Champions League glory (it's not going to happen for a while) and I achieved this with a second place finish. Importantly this should keep the calibre of player interested high (though I'm still having trouble attracting players to get me to the next level).

Cups

Supertaça | Winners

Beat Porto in the final to take this cup for the first time.

Taça de Portugal | Beaten finalists

A really disappointing loss to Academica in the final. Really should have won. Not helped by having a few players missing on international duty, but to blame that would be to miss the point. We just didn't play well enough.

League Cup | Winners

Won the cup with a tidy win over Porto in the final to ensure some silverware in our centenary year. It also meant we've won it three years in a row.

Europe | Group Stage

Well, I wanted to avoid embarrassment in my first Champions League outing and, overall, I think I managed it. We were drawn a pretty tough group with Barcelona, Man City and CSKA Moscow for company. We didn't win a game but we got creditable draws against Barcelona and CSKA in the Azores. We only got one hammering (in Barcelona) and there's nothing to be ashamed of there.

I've got to get through the qualifying rounds next season, so hopefully at some point I'll pick up a win to get into the group stage and start to improve Portugal's co-efficient. My countrymen aren't doing much to help - Benfica got knocked out in the qualifying round, Porto didn't get past the qualifying rounds of the Europa league either.

Squad | Overview

One thing to note about the squad is the lack of Portuguese players and the general diversity of the playing staff. I only have one Portuguese player in the squad (5th choice defensive central midfielder) and as for the rest they come from, as follows: 3 Brazilians, 2 Chileans, 1 Croatian, 1 Cypriot, 2 Danes, 1 Djiboutian, 3 Frenchmen, 2 Germans, 1 Honduran, 1 Italian, 1 Ivorian, 1 Mexican, 2 Nigerians, 2 Paraguayans, 1 Portuguese, 1 Russian, 1 Senegalese, 2 Slovakians, 1 Spaniard and 1 Ukrainian. That's a total of 20 nationalities represented.

'Keepers

Salvador Soto - Brought in during January. I think this lad has the ability to go all the way to the top of the game. I brought him in after a spate of horrendous injuries from Cabecinha cost be results.

Cabecinha - After years as the club's number 1, he was toppled this season. He returned for the Taça de Portugal final at the end of the season and was truly awful. So awful in fact that I'm going to try to move the guy on in the summer.

Defenders

Carlos - A very useful player to have around. Can do a job at right back or in the centre. He is putting pressure on the first team, he could make the breakthrough soon.

Julián García - Brought in to replace Semenov in January. The Honduran is younger, taller and has more raw ability. With a bit of bedding in I think he's got the ability to be a very good player for me.

Meranah Descazals - Continues to improve in the heart of defence. His time at Clairefontaine gave him an excellent grounding and his time here has given the Djiboutian centre half the chance to improve still further. He's a rock and I think he is one of the players who can grow with us as we mature as a Champions League club.

Mathieu Favreau - One of many French-speakers at the club, he has enjoyed himself since joining. He's good enough for now, but ought to be looking over his shoulder. Looking at Carlos to start and then possible reinforcements brought in to replace him.

Ange Diaby - I can see this young Ivorian being one of the best bargains I pick up. At a cost of just £16K this teenager is already looking a good back up and has the potential to be so much more than that.

Christian Osses - Another player who is maturing nicely. He is adding some tactical nous to his raw ability and is proving to be a real handful down the left flank. He and Diaby should have this position covered for the next few years as long as I can hold onto them.

Midfielders

Philippe Derrien - Faced some competition from Nigerians Agu and Peters to hold onto his place this season. None of them excelled and Derrien (just) kept hold of the position.

John Agu - I'm not quite sure where he fits into my plans at the moment. I'm just sure I'd like to keep him in them. He's got a good spread of talents, I just need a way to harness them.

Thiago - Another excellent season for the left winger. If he keeps performing like this it'll be very hard to keep other teams away from him and prevent his head being turned. My main worry though is that his head gets turned when his contract is running down. I've come to terms with the fact I'm going to be a selling club for the next few years and am just concerned with getting the best price when players leave.

Paul Peters - Another midfielder who has impressive looking attributes. Just a case of getting him settled and figuring out how he fits into my tactics.

Dirk Hentschel - After he and Yurkin battled out for the first team berth last season, they both lost out to a new arrival this season. Hentschel definitely dropped to third choice though.

Igor Yurkin - Unusual position of being second choice, but playing the most games due to injury problems for Gai.

Vadym Gai - Struggled to adjust at first and then had some injury issues, but once he settled and when he was fit he was first choice and very dangerous.

Raphaël Leclerc - One of the best signings I've made. He's happily made me completely forget about Jorge Rodriguez who continues to underperform at Napoli. Leclerc has made the attacking central midfield position his own. He really has it all for my current level and is only 24.

Néstor Hermosilla - Despite my glowing report of Leclerc I am very excited about this young chap. He has some great raw technical abilities, and with a bit of maturing I think he can be a real handful.

Erik Jakus - He's starting to get antsy about being stuck behind Thiago. The problem with this is that, even if Thiago goes sooner rather than later, I don't see him as first choice quality. He is an able back up, one who can be trusted to do a job and can give a decent option off the bench, but I'm not sure I would want him to start regularly.

Diego Fernádez - I'm in a quandary about this chap. He sees himself as a striker, I can see him there eventually too, but for now I want him to get a chance on the wing, hone his talents. For that reason (and the ability of Gai) I think it might be the end of the line for Yurkin and Hentschel.

Forwards

Jorge Muñoz - Took a step backwards this season, less playing time and less quality. He still has time to turn things around and make a go of it here, but he needs to improve fast.

Ivan Poljak - Another great season for the striker. It's hard to believe that a couple of seasons ago he couldn't get close to the first team. He has really made the Diego Pastore, Marko Kresic position (creative, passing forward) his own. He is certainly one of the players in this squad I am not concerned about replacing.

Venizelos Chrysanthou - Unfortunate season for this club legend. He started well but was then hit by a couple of cruel injuries. First he broke his foot, then he got a hip injury. The result of this was a stop-start season and one where he never quite got up to his usual standards. More worryingly for his future, during his absence, Badji played superbly.

Mamadou Badji - A real breakthrough for the Senegalese forward. Not only did he make his debut and score his first goal for his country but he also rampaged through Portuguese defences most weeks, getting a very useful return of goals.

Aims for this season were...

1/ Not to be humiliated in the Champions League. Open to interpretation, but I didn't feel humiliated
    2/ Stay in Portugal's top two and make the Champions League again. Check

Aims for next season are...

1/ Get first win in Champions League.
    2/ Maintain position in Portugal's top two.

Story So Far...

Code:
    Season		League			Position		Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
    2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
    2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
    2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
    2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
    2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League
    2018/19		Premier League		4th			Europa League again
    2019/20		Premier League		5th			Europa League again
    2020/21		Premier League		1st			Champions!
    2021/22		Premier League		2nd			CL Qualification again
    Previous Updates

12/13
    13/14
    14/15
    15/16
    16/17
    17/18
    18/19
    19/20
    20/21

Semi Pro

Great solid progress in Italy there StellaF1. Get a couple of players in over the summer and I reckon you can make an assault on the Champions' league places.

Edit - Looks like I was right about Thiago. It is going to be tough to hold onto him. The chairman has just accepted a £7.5m bid for him from Napoli.

Another edit - Well, Thiago has gone, I managed to get an offer from Villarreal for £8.5m, which he accepted, so feeling pretty happy aout grabbing that extra million. Now to find a replacement...

In news I'm less happy with, Monsieur Leclerc (the owner of a contract with a £2.5m minimum release clause) has left for Italy for the release clause figure. A pity, he's been a good player, and a kick in the teeth after I waxed lyrical about him above - I remember being suspicious of that clause when I put it in, but it was the only way to get him to stay.

Looks like I've got some shopping to do.

Yet more edits (Where are you all?) - Oh great! Unseeded for the Champions' League Qualifying draw and will face Feyenoord. Not hopeful...

I'm just going to keep editing this post - Just played the first (home) leg against Feyenoord. A good performance and a 3-1 victory gives me hope.
    Last edited by PRDH; 18-12-2011 at 19:13.

Part-Timer

should hopefully be able to put in an update by tuesday, been a hectic week with work. I have drawn Man Utd in the Euro Cup hopefully I can pull off a shock

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    iacovone - Have you considered a fire sale clear out? Natale does look good, but he seems to be doing the football equivalent of looking good on your arm and then shagging your best friend. "Judge ye them by their works.", as the big man said when he led Judea Disciples FC to the title in their legendary 33AD 'rising from the grave' season.
    Brilliant comment

I have considered it but at this level I need to be so careful when making squad changes because it is very tough to bring in a similar or better standard on reasonable wages. So it's therefore a bit of squad massage. Natale will definitely be off at the end of the coming year, either for cash or released as his contract is expiring. One way or the other we'll be financially better off

Youth Team

StellaF1 - well done on winning the Coppa Italia. great season of european football - that was a really tough last 4! good luck next season pushing towards the top 4.
    PRDH - tough season in a way but well done on getting 2nd in the league. europe seemed tough - good luck against Feyenoord. unlucky on the Thiago front but solid money for him - hopefully you can find a replacement. good luck.
    iacovone - it's a tough decision but i think getting rid of Natale is the best thing. sometimes star players can become a bit of a burden. with him gone you might be able to bring in a couple of players to improve the squad.

Semi Pro

Cheers rlipscombe.

A 3-0 loss in the second leg sees me fall out of the Champions' League at the first hurdle. To make it worse Mamadou Badji is now kicking up a fuss about wanting to move on. Tough season ahead.

Edit - That's Badji gone too, heading off to the middle east in a £2m deal.
    Last edited by PRDH; 18-12-2011 at 21:47.

Third Team

Uh oh...

Should have an end of season report later tonight (told you I'm flying through the seasons now!), and it's certainly an interesting one...

Part-Timer

Elgin City - 2018/19 – Season 7(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 7th
    Actual finish: 1st
    Season Tickets: 1532(+198)

Transfers
    Signed some nice players throughout the season the stand out one being Andre Bon, who formed a formidable partnership with Guinchard, when he wasn't injured, I now have a war chest fund to use for next season so will hopefully buy some really good talent.

League
    The minimum expectation of the board was to challenge for the title and after about 10 games the FA could've handed it to us until my new striker Bon picked up an injury and the team went from free scoring to decidely dodgy, losing 4 in a row meaning the rest of the league caught up. Results soon improved and I had set my sights on catching Dundee Utd who were 9 points clear at one stage, the victories kept coming and my goal difference was unrivalled. 3 points clear with 2 games to go so I knew we only had to win one game, but a 0-0 with Aberdeen in the penultimate match meant we only had a 1 point lead. We threw away a 2-0 lead in the last game against Dundee to draw 2-2 but fortunately Aberdeen held Dundee Utd to a 1-1 draw and we were crowned champions of Scotland
    Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

Champions Cup
    Board expected us to reach the Third Qualifying stage, an easy achievment as we didn't enter til that stage, where we were drawn against Anderlecht a fairly routine 3-0 win in the 1st leg, was followed up by a 2-2 draw, putting us through to the best placed play-off. A trip to Spain to play Sevilla in the 1st leg where we were soundly beaten 3-1, the home leg however was another story with the strikers finding the net with ease to win 6-0, 7-3 on aggregate and put us in the group stage along with £6 million in the bank. A 2-2 draw with Arsenal followed up by a 2-1 win against Twente had me believing this could be a great year but Bayern soon showed us why we were aiming beyond our means, a 6-2 thrashing. We managed a 3-3 draw in the return match but a 4-1 defeat at the Emirates meant at best it was the Euro cup after christmas. We drew 2-2 with Twente and guaranteed that 3rd spot.
    Group Table

Euro Cup
    The board wanted us to learn from the experience of playing in the tournament, this was probably down to over acheiving in Europe. Espanyol were the opponents in the K/O 1st round and a comfortable 3-0 victory at home gave us a great advantage for the away leg, which turned out to be a bit of a dull affair finishing 0-0. Man Utd were our next challenge and we managed to stun them by winning 3-2 at home in the 1st leg, but in the second leg they bombarded the goal but only managed to score once, which proved to be enough as they went through on the away goal rule and we were out. Next season will hopefully be more productive.

Scottish Cup
    The board were expecting us to reach the quarter-final

The 4th round drew us against Ayr Utd so an easy match for the Black and Whites winning 5-1, to set up a clash with SPL strugglers St Mirren, we never looked like struggling in this clash winning 6-0 and onto the quarter-finals. Fierce rivals Inverness Caley were next up and the First Division side didn't pose too many problems a nice 6-2 victory. Our bogey team of the season, Aberdeen, were standing between us and the final and the players proved they wanted it more coming away 3-2 winners. Dundee were the team that stood between us and the Domestic Treble, and just like the last league of the season we through away a 2 goal advantage, despite dominating the game went to penalties which we lost 5-3.

League Cup
    Board wanted us to reach the quarter-final

Raith Rovers were 1st up in the defence of our title, and they were easy prey as we ran out 3-0 winners, Celtic were the opponents for the quarter final and after both teams scoring a goal each, itwas still level after 120 mins and penalties were called for, we didn't miss a kick but Celtic missed 2 and we went through 4-2, a meeting with Hibs in the semi-final was also another close affair that after a 2-2 draw also went to penalties which we won 3-1. Fierce rivals Inverness Caley were team to beat in the final and they tried to make a game of it but our clinical finishing was too strong for them as we won the cup 4-0.

Squad
    Guinchard broke all kinds of goalscoring records for the club this season, and as such an important part of the team I had to turn down a £7million bid for him, my 2 main DC's refused to sign extensions and instead moved onto pastures new so I now need to find two really good replacements, but with a nice high transfer kitty I shouldn't have much trouble in doing that.

Training Facilities and Youth Facilities both being increased, also the board is expanding the stadium by another 1700 seats so even more money coming to the accounts.

Code:
    Season	League			Finish	Cups						Europe					Achievements	
    2012/13	Third Division		1st	SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round	N/A					Promoted!!
    2013/14	Second Division      	1st     SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round      	N/A        				Promoted!!
    2014/15	First Division          4th     SC 4th round, LC 3rd Round, LCC Semi-final      N/A         				Nothing of note
    2015/16	First Division          1st     SC 5th round, LC 3rd round, LCC 1st round       N/A         				Promoted!!
    2016/17	Premier Division     	8th     SC Winner, LC runner-up                         N/A        				Won the Scottish Cup and qualified foe Europe
    2017/18	Premier Division     	2nd     SC 4th round, LC Winner                         EC 4th qual round         		Won the league cup and qualified for champions cup
    2018/19	Premier Division     	1st     SC R/U, LC Winner                               CC Group stage, EC 2nd K/O round     	Domestic Double

Last edited by jimbowmanuk; 21-12-2011 at 16:18.

Third Team

End of Season Report - Novese - 2017/18 (Season 6) - Serie C1A

Serie C1A - 8th

Surprisingly, the summer began with good news. Cittadella couldn't afford Natale, so he was ours for another year. Alongside 3 other transfers in, we had certainly improved on last year's squad (Cossu aside who got injured for 5 months). Palumbo left as he was deemed below the standard required and I had to bid farewell to Tiago Gomes and his expensive salary too. The fans weren't happy but such is life.

The league campaign can be broken down to three sections. The promising beginning, the stale middle and the rip-roaring end. Unfortunately the middle was what crippled our chances of promotion. Far too many drawn games meant we languished just south of mid-table and made our admirable late effort of catch-up impossible. Though we did set a club record of 8 games won on the spin across all competitions.

We had a number of contracts to seal this season for key players and I'm delighted to report we tied them all down! Cianci, Cesena, Rosati, Natale (!) and Dupont all signed 2 year deals. Amazingly Natale signed again. Perhaps it was the lack of interest in him or the nice payday but he was kept on board.

I will still be open to selling him but the old romantic in me said I had to keep him, even if it meant plunging the club into more debt. He has been here since he was 16, is a favoured personnel and club top goalscorer. He's deemed good enough to play up front in Serie A right now. I have no idea why he wanted to stay!

Results

The Cups:

The TIM Cup played out the usual disappointing 2nd qualifying round exit but the Serie C Cup went far better this year! We cruised through our first 2 knockout rounds before being handed a group containing two Serie C2 sides. After clambering through the group we faced two 2 leg games to decide the winner. And it was us! Novese's first ever trophy! \o/

Results

Key Men:

Cemil Ayaz (SW/DC) - signed in the summer and part of a pretty solid defence. Got sent off twice but aside from that he was a welcome addition.

Massimo Cianci (DM/MLC) - not rated highly by my coaches but had a purple patch of form that told me he can do more than a job at this level.

Carlo Cesena (M/AMC) - another season of assists for the little playmaker. Signed a new deal and will continue as our AMC.

Marcello Rosati (MC/AMLC/ST) - retrained as a striker so that he can play alongside Natale as a trequartista. So far so good for the youngster.

Giorgio Natale (AM/ST) - much better and happier year leading the line. He picked up a few injuries but showed his worth when starting. Pleased he's still here!

Squad StatsFinances

Objectives Complete?

• Finish Top Half
    Succeeded. Nearly made the playoffs and it was very close but just gave ourselves too much to do.
    • Find a new forward line
    Success. Natale stayed, granted, but Rosati has been retrained to play up with him.
    Failed. Dear God. I've almost taken us into administration...

Objectives:

• Target playoffs
    • Find a suitable right wingback
    • Try not to go into administration
    Last year turned out better than expected. On the pitch at least. The financial struggle will be our biggest challenge this coming season as we enter our 5th year in Serie C1A. If I can stop the vultures from circling we may be able to get promoted. It may be crucial to my future that we do!

Third Team

Hmmm. Went into administration. Natale agreed terms with Sampdoria for £550k. Then they pulled out at the last second. Weird. The saga continues...

Third Team

That was simple enough. Took two months, but receivers have restructured our debt - read: £2m wiped off. Loan repayments are tiny and no one was sold. So we're in a stronger position and hopefully one I won't ruin!

Third Team

And with that the saga is over. It's not a great deal but I put a 25% of future profit clause in there which should net us a tidy sum in a couple of years.

It also brings the wage bill down to our budget of £18.5k. And that is from £25.5k! He really was on suicidal amounts of cash. It's been a long running battle with the financiers of the club, I won for a while but now ultimately I guess I've lost. Now it's time to find the next Natale and press on with the matter of escaping this division!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    That was simple enough. Took two months, but receivers have restructured our debt - read: £2m wiped off. Loan repayments are tiny and no one was sold. So we're in a stronger position and hopefully one I won't ruin!
    Did you lose any points? You really are creating the best 'story' this year. A lot of us have had tedious steady progress, you're on a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope for your blood pressure's sake it stabilises and you get promotion!

Third Team

Did you lose any points? You really are creating the best 'story' this year. A lot of us have had tedious steady progress, you're on a rollercoaster of emotions. I hope for your blood pressure's sake it stabilises and you get promotion!
    Thanks

Similar journey happened in my career game last year so I guess I'm getting used to it now . We didn't get any points deducted which I was surprised by. Maybe because it was during the off season?

I'm going to have a read of your report later and form some thoughts. Too engrossed with this and Mad Men at present ;)

Youth Team

iacovone - where to begin. Natale going was possibly the best thing in the end. although the fee is poor, you should hopefully make a tidy sum when he comes back to Serie A.... well done on getting the financial situation under control, not that you did much! ;) hopefully with a more settled situation you can push on this season. food luck

Semi Pro

I've got a question for everyone.

Does anyone know how the dynamic reputation affects Champions' League places? How much higher up the ladder would portugal (for example) have to climb to get an extra Champions League place? Do we know how many places are allocated to each rank is, I guess, what I'm asking.

Amateur

I've got a question for everyone.

Does anyone know how the dynamic reputation affects Champions' League places? How much higher up the ladder would portugal (for example) have to climb to get an extra Champions League place? Do we know how many places are allocated to each rank is, I guess, what I'm asking.
    Go to World - Nations. There you have the nation coefficients, and how many qualification places each nation gets, so you can see which nation you have to overtake to get an extra place

Semi Pro

Go to World - Nations. There you have the nation coefficients, and how many qualification places each nation gets, so you can see which nation you have to overtake to get an extra place
    Perfect! Cheers bud! I'm on the case of hunting down Turkey for a second group spot.

Amateur

good luck moving on from the administration/loss of Natale iacovone. administration is something i fear the most at Dinamo Stavropol...i have a pretty poor balance, been in the red since the beginning, and despite the clubs growth in stature, we've been unable to remedy the financial side yet, this year for my push for the Premier Division i was given a war chest of 35k to spend, and no real increase in wage budget. Without investment coming from somewhere, i fear we'll never really be able to compete properly with the big guns in russia

Amateur

JimBowmanUK - Congrats on the title. At the weekend, when I won the league, i was pushing myself to finish the season and post an update, as I figured you wouldn't be far behind in being the first scot Prem winner. Since you did it on a season less than me, you could be viewed as having been the first. I wonder which of us will finish the challenge first.

PRDH - I'm about to have my first Champions League campaign, and your posts aren't filling me with confidence. We're only a tiny ickle club. Hopefully just by turning up your coefficient is increasing and you'll get a reasonable group next season. You've gone on to the Euro Cup, right?

Semi Pro

PRDH - I'm about to have my first Champions League campaign, and your posts aren't filling me with confidence. We're only a tiny ickle club. Hopefully just by turning up your coefficient is increasing and you'll get a reasonable group next season. You've gone on to the Euro Cup, right?
    I think so. Yeah in the Euro Cup Group now. The qualifying rounds can be tough. I lost to Feyenoord who then lost to Juventus n the next round. It's going to be a slow burner. Keep qualifying, getting the money and reputation to get better players before eventually getting to the top. Hopefully the dynamic league reputation will help us catch up with the Italian/German/Spanish teams. I was totally outclassed in the Champions League Group last year.

You may well do better though. My team are prone to bouts of totally amateurism. Good luck!!

Third Team

End of Season Report - Novese - 2018/19 (Season 7) - Serie C1A

Serie C1A - 7th

An eventful summer saw the club be taken over be receivers. The £2.5m debt was wiped off after a couple of months and completely restructured. Although we survived pawning off our players to the highest bidder, Natale was still the root cause of this economic ill and so had to go. NEC Breda supplied the best offer, and the icon of the club was sent packing.

With an added vigor for financial prudence I targeted loan signings for the season ahead. 4 players were signed on loan, and two permanently.

Our season began with a stutter but we soon found form and took residence in our usual mid-table position. There was a stage in the middle of the season where we suddenly looked incomprehensibly dominant (a 5-0 and 3-0 set of wins) but that run was interrupted by injuries.

We hovered in and out of the playoff spots and whilst I was confident of finishing there, the cup final defeat impacted on our late run for the playoff positions. We lost our final game to Cuneo which had we won would have put us in 5th.

Reflecting on where it went wrong, it is obvious looking at the table. Goals. They were in short supply and I guess the loss of Natale affected us more than I thought. We only just scored more than a goal a game which is pretty lacklustre for a top half side. On the plus side, our defence was excellent.

Results

The Cups:

The TIM Cup didn't get going again - it just comes too early for us to make any mark. Our defence of the Serie C Cup went very well though. In fact we went all the way to the final. However we lost over two legs to eventual promoted side Vicenza. A shame, but another good run.

Results

Key Men:
    Mehdi Djebaili (DR) - signed in January and did well in a solid defence. Should be a mainstay for as long as he plans on sticking around.

Massimo Cianci (DM/MLC) - he's just one of my favourites. Not particularly amazing but got a solid amount of assists and pleasingly signed a new contract.

Carlo Cesena (M/AMC) - probably his last season as I need to get him off the wage budget. He was pretty average truth be told, injuries were far too frequent.

Renato Scalia (AMRC/ST) - flop of the season two years ago but he was the best striker of the season. Had a purple patch halfway through the year but petered out. I'm hoping for better again next year.

Squad Stats
    Finances

Objectives Complete?

• Target playoffs
    Failed. Nearly made it but just missed out. Still, an improvement on last year.
    • Find a suitable right wing back
    Success. Djebaili should hold that role for a few years now.
    • Try not to go into administration
    Failed. But it could have been much worse.

Objectives:

• Target playoffs
    • Find a goalscorer
    • Continue financial prudence
    What now? We're gradually improving but are still some way off being genuine promotion contenders. I also dread our time in Serie B at the moment because there's no way we'll be strong enough to stay up. But for now, playoffs has to be the target. We have a brilliant defence and keeper so if I can find a top notch striker, we should push into the top 5.

Overall Best Eleven

Part-Timer

JimBowmanUK - Congrats on the title. At the weekend, when I won the league, i was pushing myself to finish the season and post an update, as I figured you wouldn't be far behind in being the first scot Prem winner. Since you did it on a season less than me, you could be viewed as having been the first. I wonder which of us will finish the challenge first.
    Cheers Vikeologist, I'm getting pretty confident of a good European run in the next season, Spent a whopping £4million on a Goalkeeper, to improve that aspect of the team but the government are starting to annoy me by refusing work permits for some really tasty DC's that I desperately need.

Amateur

Dinamo Stavropol - 2016/2017 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile
    Team Information

Predicted Position: 13th
    Actual Position: 5th
    Average Attendance: 10241
    Season Ticket Holders: 2200

League

All in all, it was a great season for us. Our league form was pretty good, improving on last seasons final position, and finishing in a Euro Cup qualification spot.

Euro Cup:

Having qualified via the Russian Cup win, we knew it was going to be a tough task to make any kind of noise in the Euro Cup. We did, however, make it to the group stage, drawn in Group I with Olympiakos, FC Twente and Bordeaux.

Two victories over Olympiakos (2-1 away and 3-2 at home) and a 1-0 home win over FC Twente saw us finish the group with 9 points, and so failing to qualify from our group. I was delighted with the effort, the team achieving more than i had anticipated in europe.

Group I Table

Russian Cup:

The team successfully defended the Russian Cup, defeating managing our first ever victory over Spartak Moscow in the final!!

The main squad members are as follows:

GK

Vyacheslav Bazilevych - first choice, continues to progress nicely, but making noise about moving on

DEF

Constantin Miselaricu - still a rock in defence, and scored 8 goals as well

Georgy Burnash - still first choice partner for Miselaricu, solid

Antonio - established himself as a first choice player as the season progressed, one for the future

Guy Lombard - first choice RB, who has just chosen to play for Burundi rather than France, meaning hes only the 2nd full international player we have after Babangida

Michael Babangida - CB/ST who is yet to really get a lot of chances in first team, largely due to foreigner rules in Russia

MID

Alexandr Zotov - protection in front of the back 4, another solid season for Zotov

Ales Slezak - the most attack minded of my CM, scored 8 goals and set up 13. Currently my most valuable asset, and attracting interest from a few clubs across Europe, hopefully we can keep hold of him as he'll only get better imo

Amir Kashiev - DM, used pretty often but overshadowed by Slezak, Zotov and Lomsadze

Giorgi Lomsadze - continuing to progress nicely, and just earned a call up to the Russian U-21 side. Played a lot of games for someone so young

Alexander Marenich - a better replacement for Pazin, who was sold after requesting a transfer

ATT

Alin Rosu - used again as a winger, laid on a few goals and performed pretty well

Levan Gvelesiani - top man this season, scoring 29 goals in 34 apps, beating clubs league goals record and becoming all time top league goalscorer as well, helping ease the loss of Yuriy Sarasek. Also top scorer in Russian Premier Division this season, and just been called up for the first time by the Georgian national team

Top Scorer - Levan Gvelesiani - 29 goals
    Highest Average Rating - Levan Gvelesiani - 7.41
    Fans Player of The Year - Levan Gvelesiani

Russian Premier Division Team of The Year - Constantin Miselaricu
    Russian Young Player of The Year - Giorgi Lomsadze - 2nd
    Russian Premier Division Top Scorer - Levan Gvelesiani

Moving forward, the financial situation is still a major concern. Currently sitting 1.2 million in the red, the board have no interest in investing in the club at all, so the facilities, stadium etc are all lacking, and we are unable to compete financially with the big clubs in Russia. Therefore, without a sugar daddy who fancies a new play thing, i have no idea if this challenge will ever be possible with Dinamo Stavropol.

Code:
    Season          Division                    Position       Achievements
    2012/2013       Russian First Division      15th	   Safety   
    2013/2014	Russian First Division	    10th		       
    2014/2015	Russian First Division	    2nd		   Promotion 
    2015/2016       Russian Premier Division    8th            Russian Cup Winners
    2016/2017       Russian Premier Division    5th            Russian Super Cup Winners, Russian Cup Winners, Euro Cup Qualification

Semi Pro

iacovone - You're racing through the seasons now! Upward trajectory again, promotion next season?
    G-Wiz - Nice progress in the league. Closing in on the top teams. How close do you think you are to toppling one of them?
    Last edited by PRDH; 20-12-2011 at 17:16.

Semi Pro

Wow, the loss of Thiago, Badji and Leclerc have really ripped the heart out of this team. I thought I'd replaced them, but clearly not. I'm not dominating games. I'm not creating chances. And I'm not finishing the ones I do create.

Youth Team

iacovone - solid season following the upheaval. i reckon you'll be on for the play-offs next season...
    G-Wiz - well done on 5th and europe again. well done on defending the cup as well. good luck next season.

Semi Pro

ok just got a monster bid for Fellani or however his name is spelt for £30 million he is 31 yrs old so not sure wat to do hes worth 17million with 1 year left on his contract

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toonbalmy87 View Post
    ok just got a monster bid for Fellani or however his name is spelt for £30 million he is 31 yrs old so not sure wat to do hes worth 17million with 1 year left on his contract
    Sell, sell, sell!

Amateur

After an extended break from my Vallee d'Aoste, during which time I've been to Croatia, Czech republic and Newcastle, I returned to finish my third season. I escaped relegation, just. I got stuck in the playout places and drew Perugia, thinking I was doomed against a much larger club. Little did I know - I smashed them 3-0 at their place and then wrapped it up with a 3-2 win at home. Safety, just.

I'll have a proper review with screenshots tomorrow, but I'm having a bit of a clear out over the summer - 2 of my top 3 earners have been let go, replaced by cheaper players. The finances are still a mess, only surviving through board injections of cash. The new stadium will be up soon though, shame it'll have to see life in in c1.

Amateur

G-Wiz - Nice progress in the league. Closing in on the top teams. How close do you think you are to toppling one of them?
    thanks...as for really toppling the top teams, i was able to oust Anji from the top 5 which in my eyes was an achievement in itself, being that they have all the financial backing they need...however when i look at all the top teams, they have so much more money to throw around, and top facilities, both of which i am seriously lacking. Until we find some real investmemt, i really cant see me pushing on much further than i already have. With that being said, this squad has really surprised me to date with how competitive they are for the most part, so you never know how things could pan out. One thing for certain is i need to keep hold of my established players to have any chance of making further progress. It seems that at the start of each season my top players make noise about wanting to move to bigger clubs, this season so far its been the case with Bazilevych, Slezak and Gvelesiani...think ive managed to ease their unrest for the moment but not sure how long i can do that for

Semi Pro

Sell him Toon

Third Team

No doubt you have to sell...think of what you can buy with that...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by G-Wiz View Post
    thanks...as for really toppling the top teams, i was able to oust Anji from the top 5 which in my eyes was an achievement in itself, being that they have all the financial backing they need...however when i look at all the top teams, they have so much more money to throw around, and top facilities, both of which i am seriously lacking. Until we find some real investmemt, i really cant see me pushing on much further than i already have. With that being said, this squad has really surprised me to date with how competitive they are for the most part, so you never know how things could pan out. One thing for certain is i need to keep hold of my established players to have any chance of making further progress. It seems that at the start of each season my top players make noise about wanting to move to bigger clubs, this season so far its been the case with Bazilevych, Slezak and Gvelesiani...think ive managed to ease their unrest for the moment but not sure how long i can do that for
    I know the feeling. Not so much in Portugal now, I'm not so far off the rest of the teams in terms of wage spending (I spend £7.5m/year, Sporting and Benfica spend about £9m although Porto do still, somehow, pay more than £33m/year) though I can maintain that expenditure only by selling players and excelling yearly. I'm in a constant battle right now, I have to keep finding new players to replace established ones leaving. And it's looking a bit like my luck might have stopped this year.

But certainly it's there in Europe proper. Real Madrid still have one player, Neymar, who gets paid on his own, the same as my entire squad. It certainly puts things in perspective!
    Last edited by PRDH; 21-12-2011 at 09:34.

Youth Team

got to sell toonbalmy... amazing money for a 30+ plus only has 1 year left on contract. would he sign a new one? is he central to your plans?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    got to sell toonbalmy... amazing money for a 30+ plus only has 1 year left on contract. would he sign a new one? is he central to your plans?
    the problem is he is the best DM on the game iv looked for other ones i have also got a couple of 21 yr olds who will be as good as him but are not there yet he is awesome though so thats why i might keep him then sell him in july because i currently in a battle with Bayer L with only 2 points separating us and them with a game in hand and the next best is Ross Barkley and everton want 35Mil for him so i am not sure at the moment

Semi Pro

No doubt you have to sell...think of what you can buy with that...
    to be honest not alot ha!

Semi Pro

ok he went to Cheslea for £30 Million hopefully my young Brazilian will step up

Semi Pro

to be honest not alot ha!
    For £30m you could buy my almost all of my squad!

Third Team

Des Tiny's
    Agrupación Deportiva Parla

Liga Adelante
    End of Season 2015/16
    Captain Golden Boot

The Season

In Brief
    Predicted: 22nd
    Actual: 10th (Graph)
    Cup: 2nd Round at Alcorcon
    Manager: Des Tiny - History
    Season Tickets: 3240 (^1642 [Avg Att: 4970])
    Finances: €1.7M (51st in ESP [^31])
    Transfers: 2015/16 - 11 In (€4k) 2 Out (€220k) 8 Loaned (€8k)
    Squad: First Squad, Under 19s & Others

General News

What a difference a promotion makes, we have made money almost every month in the Liga Adelante. We made a profit of nearly 2 millon euros before the board decided to spend all our money on a 2000 seat increase. That of course was desperately needed as our own ground only has 4000 seats and we had an average crowd of 4900 during the season. Hopefully we can recover the losses inflicted by this, especially because the board lined up our wages after this fact and have only given us a budget equal to what we are currently spending, so it looks like no improvements except what our young squad do in the training facilities.

The League

Well the team surprised me all season long as we managed to slip into the top ten and stick there for 90% of the season, Herlein was on fire once again as his goalscoring ways continued as he got 24 in 36 appearances to make it to 104 career goals for Parla in just 122 matches. We managed some good results against the top teams, but we also had some problems against a few teams we should've really beaten with ease.

Golden Boot: Miguel Herlein 1st (24)
    Avg Rating: Kivanc Ozlu 1st (7.42), Miguel Herlein 2nd (7.37)
    Overachievers: Parla
    Season Review

Fixtures 1-21
    Fixtures 22-42
    Player Stats
    Team Stats

Cup

We went to Alcorcon hoping for a better result than other seasons, but was just a bit out of reach. Hopefully we can do better in the next season.

Fixtures

The Players

Squad Stats

Keepers

Riccardo Cappellari (ITA) - A lot of goals conceded this season, but he is slowly improving. I am worried that he is not getting better quite fast enough for us to stay with the upwards movement, not sure on when I will look for a replacement. 75 Conceded, 9 Clean Sheets.

Defenders

Nuno Malheiro (POR) - He is still the current strongest left back we have, but that is not saying much really. I have tried each off season to bring in a replacement because it is the weakest position in our entire squad, but has got me nowhere. 0G 2A.

Kıvanç Özlü (TUR) - The man of the season at the back for us, Ozlu managed to run riot on defense and he also got forward for corners to the tune of 14 goals. 14G 4A.

Pablo Sanchez Varela (ARG) - He turned up in January and replaced Aranda in the starting line-up immediately, Varela was a star at right back, and being able to cover right mid as well made him an awesome asset. 2G 6A.

Martin Lopez (ARG) - The other half of my centre back combination, Lopez had a pretty good season, he was solid in defense and after the changes to the back 4 we actually conceded less goals. 1G 0A.

Robert Milano (ITA)
    Andre Perego (SUI)
    Pedro Rebocho (POR)

Midfielders

Andre Gomes (POR) - Double figures in goals and assists sees Gomes reinforce why he is playing in the middle of our team, he is running the offence as a perfect quarterback. 11G 13A.

Bruno Guillou (FRA) - Another very solid season from our anchor, Bruno is solid enough to keep his spot, but there also are not many other great possibilities. 1G 2A.

Taygun Kuru (TUR) - The leader in assists for our club once more, Taygun seems able to pop up in the right spot every time we need him and he is just delightfully fast down the wing. 2G 16A.

Miguel Lopez (ARG) - The right winger has a long way to go, but he is slowly improving out of sight. 2G 3A.

Adrian Vidorreta (ESP)
    Roberto Delgado YP3 (ESP)
    Juan Carlos YP2 (ESP)

Strikers

Miguel Herlein (POR) - Another huge season from our club captain, Herlein managed to stick to his 2 goals in every 3 games ratio, though this was a drop from last season. He made it over 100 club goals in the process. 24G 9A.

Paulinho (BRA) - He had a reasonable season, the replacement upfront managed to start alright, but really he was always going to be running support to Herlein rather than campaigning for the goalscoring duties. 7G 1A.

Riccardo Martinelli (ITA)

The History

A Statistic in the Spotlight
    This section will highlight one club leaderboard, and show the top 10, plus the best of the current crop.

Gomes is well on his way to 150 starts for the club, but the fact that there are not many over 50 appearances is a bit of a worry.

The 100 Club
    Code:
    |-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
    | The 100 Club          | Starts | Subs | Goals | Assts | Conc | Cln | MoM | Av Rat |
    |-----------------------|--------|------|-------|-------|------|-----|-----|--------|
    | Andre Gomes           |   144  |   1  |   24  |   36  |   -  |  -  |   8 |  7.18  |
    | Taygun Kuru           |   142  |   1  |   14  |   66  |   -  |  -  |   5 |  7.14  |
    | Juan F. Aranda*       |   126  |  10  |    0  |   14  |   -  |  -  |   0 |  6.98  |
    | Miguel Herlein        |   120  |   2  |  104  |   31  |   -  |  -  |  28 |  7.65  |
    | Nuno Malheiro         |    84  |  26  |    1  |   17  |   -  |  -  |   2 |  6.94  |
    The Club Awards
    Code:
    |---------|----------|-------------------|---------|------------|
    | Season  | Division |     Fans PotY     | Best XI | Overall XI |
    | 2012/13 |   2DB3   | Guillaume Dumast  | 2012/13 | 2012-2013  |
    | 2013/14 |   2DB3   | Miguel Herlein    | 2013/14 | 2012-2014  |
    | 2014/15 |   2DB3   | Miguel Herlein    | 2014/15 | 2012-2015  |
    | 2015/16 |    LA    | Miguel Herlein    | 2015/16 | 2012-2016  |
    My Updates History
    Code:
    |---------|--------|--------------------------------------------|
    | Season  | League | Updates                                    |
    | 2012/13 |  2DB3  | Start, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season |
    | 2013/14 |  2DB3  | Youth, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 
    | 2014/15 |  2DB3  | Youth, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 
    | 2015/16 |   LA   | Youth, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 
    | 2016/17 |   LA   | Youth, Preseason, Midseason, End of Season | 
    Club History
    Code:
    |---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
    | Season  | Division | Position |       Cups       | Europe |     Comments     |
    |---------|----------|----------|------------------|--------|------------------|
    | 2012/13 |   2DB3   |    6th   |        NA        |   NA   |       None       |
    | 2013/14 |   2DB3   |    4th   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   | Lost in Playoffs |
    | 2014/15 |   2DB3   |    2nd   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |     Promoted     |
    | 2015/16 |    LA    |   10th   |   SC 2nd Round   |   NA   |       None       |
    The Future

In Brief
    Odds: 2000-1
    Predicted: 22nd
    My Aim: Top Eight
    Expectations: Avoid Relegation
    Transfer Budget: €155k
    Wage Budget: €21,236
    Youth: Roberto Valverde
    Signings: Ignjac Ivanic (DL, Free), Patxi Bengoetxea (AMC, €14k), Erwan Briand (ST, Free)
    Transfers Out: Juan Francisco Aranda (22k)
    Contract Expired: Anthony Marin
    Wages at 01.07.16: €22,370

My true aims here must be to make an attempt at the playoffs, but personally I think I am more likely to just consolidate this season. Managed to convince the board that they should keep me around longer, their original offer was only til 2017 (Which I already had), just a slight pay increase, I replied and said "How about 2020" the board agreed and I am now signed on for at least 4 years.
    Last edited by Lower Leagues Rule; 30-12-2011 at 08:17.

Semi Pro

LLR - Very handy first season there! I can see a playoff challenge next season. You've also got more Portuguese players than I do!

Youth Team

PRDH - good first season there in Liga Adelante. good luck next season pushing up the league. Herlein seems to have handled the step up with ease.
    toonbalmy - i think you did the right thing selling. and as for Barkley, how old is he? for a net £5 million spend he might be worth the money??

Semi Pro

PRDH - good first season there in Liga Adelante. good luck next season pushing up the league. Herlein seems to have handled the step up with ease.
    toonbalmy - i think you did the right thing selling. and as for Barkley, how old is he? for a net £5 million spend he might be worth the money??
    hes 25/ 26

Semi Pro

i got someone else who is younger and 15 million cheaper and has better potential but bad thing is he wont come to my squad until 1st july deal didnt go through until 1st feb DOH!!!!!!

Semi Pro

Wrong initials rlips! Think you mean LLR...

Youth Team

Wrong initials rlips! Think you mean LLR...
    as soon as i saw you'd done the last post i knew what i had done!!

Youth Team

hes 25/ 26
    so for £5 million you would get someone yet to be in his prime??? i'd give it consideration at the very least...

Semi Pro

so for £5 million you would get someone yet to be in his prime??? i'd give it consideration at the very least...
    they bumped the price up again to 45 million and i didnt have that so i said no thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast