+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,400 of 5234

Thread: FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Amateur

The biggest match in our history. Tbh, the most nerve wracking FM game I've had for years, (I don't do playoffs!)

Scottish Cup Semi Final

East Stirlingshire 2 Dundee 1

So what? you may say. Well, we're still a semi-professional Division 1 club, and we meet Rangers in the final, who are currently 9 points and a goal difference of 14 clear of Celtic at the top of the Premier, with 3 games to go. (The Glasgow derby is next, so if Celtic win 5-0 I'll start being a wee bit worried).

So, we're in Europe next year, unless there's some rule against teams of our stature being allowed in.

Also of course, we may beat Rangers in the final and win the Scottish Cup. Oh, ok, I'm getting a little carried away, but still.

Guten Jour, Somos Il Shire.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 12-11-2011 at 05:34.

Amateur

SV Wilhelmshaven Season Report 2015-2016

I was a little more hopeful this season that we wouldn't be pulled into a relegation battle as we had the previous two years in the 2.Bundesliga. Our starting form was uneven, safely mid table. However after losing to Leverkusen in the German Cup, the team apparently decided to gel and went on a quite amazing run of form after the winter break, not losing for 17 games! A run that included a fair share of frustrating draws but some lucky wins, but that form shot us up the table! Not enough to win the 2.Bundesliga, but enough to secure 2nd, and an automatic spot with the big teams for next year.

The 2.Bundesliga is a difficult league because rarely are any of the teams bad, in fact I dropped points to all the teams that were relegated this year . However with a young team that is chock full of talent we were able to overcome it.

A main difference is that I eschewed our counter-attacking 4-5-1 for a standard english 4-4-2 figuring that actually scoring might be fun for a change. Frankly, 4-4-2 is the only formation i've ever been able to use successfully in FM.

This is still a very small club though, we were 16th in the league in average attendence and 18th in salary. So I'm getting value for money, quite clearly but I'm not sure how long one can keep that going.

League : A very tight promotion race. As you can see we had the league's top defence, which was very nice to see. Scoring was occassionally difficult, but with a great defence grinding out draws and gritty wins is a lot easier.

I was praised for the promotion success, with some saying that I would be moving on to bigger and better things. I also won manager of the year. The fans also think I'm some sort of tactical genius

Cup: Out in the 3rd round to Leverkusen, the eventual Bundesliga champions, we actually led for about 15 minutes early in the match, but they battered us in the end.

Key Players:

Keepers:
    Sippel - Finally found someone to take Voss's spot as the top keeper at Wilhelmshaven, Sippel is a Bundesliga level talent that came in January.
    Voss - Still solid, but Sippel is going to get the chance to be the club's keeper. Still a nice keeper to have on the bench

Defenders:
    Ivanildo - An absolute bargain for 40k (tbf his contract was expiring). A monster centre back that never put a foot wrong. Hopefully will be at Wilhelmshaven for years to come
    Martinovic - I like this right back a lot, though he's had some problems with injury
    Musil - Our best left back, not sure he's a long term solution but at the very least will be a squad player
    Wolf - Ivanildo's most common partner, not sure if he's going to cut it in the next level

Midfielders:
    Bogovic - An excellent little croatian, I'm trying to mold him into a classy defensive midfielder. Has tons of room to grow still at on 18 years of age
    Jurco - I always feel like I should be able to get more from the Slovakian. Nice attributes, only a few good performances. Still young
    Tomasevic - Probably the best of our central midfielders, Tomasevic is key to the club
    Uzun - Productive season for our German winger contributing a club record 12 assists
    Vieira - If Jurco and Tomasevic were the attacking midfielders, Vieira was the player that let them get forward. Probably my current favorite player at the club.
    Vila - Decent season from our right winger, probably not cut out for the next level
    Wagner - Our homegrown talent continues to progress. Will probably loan him out next year to get playing time, because he's almost certainly over matched in the top flight.

Forwards:
    Rakels - Our little Latvian poacher thrived in a 2 striker formation. Probably not cut out for the top flight but his goal scoring record can't be ignored, especially as we traditionally struggle for goals
    Suk - Didn't live up to his namesake and proved to be a decent striker, might look in to bringing him back next season.
    Zoidze - The Georgian with a name that sounds like it should be from a comic book looks to have huge potential. His stats are a tad decieving because although he didn't score or assist to often he was a useful outlet to build the attack from.

Facilities : Pretty poor for a Bundesliga club.
    Transfers: Most actually worked out this year!
    Finances : Still good

Next season: Survival is obviously key, but I'm not going to sacrafice the progression of our youngsters to do so. A few older players may be brought in, but I want to get it done with a large portion of these players, I think the talent is there - scoring will be key, I think the defence will be fine stepping up.

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Amethyst21 - congrats on making the bundesliga. you have got some decent looking players there. good luck in the Bundesliga - hopefully with a few signings you should be able to survive and then kick on from there...
    vikeologist - congrats on making the cup final. i think it's safe to say you'll be playing in europe next season..
    LLR - Happy birthday Radakovic..... A thread legend turn's 16....

First Team Regular
    Premier League Draft Champion x2, OTF Big Brother Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ArranoBeltza View Post
    The easy thing about this challenge?

Playing with one country means that foreign clubs release buttloads of awesome newgens. Couple that with the fact that I'm playing as a team with good money and a decent rep, and I'm in a league without registration restrictions and you've got the perfect formula for epicness.
    I'd like to raise this point again. I think it'd be better if from next year, participants in this should be required to load atleast the top divisions in the other top Euro leagues, so that the teams in other divisions also improve, making european success harder. I can see this was avoided to actually make the save more difficult, but with the loading all players from top clubs, its become more of an advantage.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by el sid View Post
    I'd like to raise this point again. I think it'd be better if from next year, participants in this should be required to load atleast the top divisions in the other top Euro leagues, so that the teams in other divisions also improve, making european success harder. I can see this was avoided to actually make the save more difficult, but with the loading all players from top clubs, its become more of an advantage.
    You may have a point. I'm managing East stirlingshire in the Scottish First, but not one member of my squad is Scottish. A few are English, Irish and I think one is Welsh, but the vast majority are from other European countries, as these are the good players that are available to me. It's maybe not true to life.

If I were in a league, such as Russia is i think, where there's a limit to the number of non-nationals, this would be much tougher.

Would an alternative to loading all the leagues be to not load the players from top clubs?

Part-Timer

Currently in the second leg of a promotion play-off vs. Stuttgart. Probably won't pull through but that's alright.

Also, look who won the German Cup in 2014 in my save- they beat teams such as Hertha BSC, St. Pauli, and Wolfsburg on their way to the final. If only I could be so lucky, I couldn't even beat Koeln in the first round!

Part-Timer

RasenBallsport Leipzig 2013-14 Season Review

HATERS GONNA HATE

I am having so much fun with this save that I flew through another season.

LEAGUE

Once again, the team over-performed. We ended the season in third place and played in a promotion play-off against Stuttgart. We failed to score a single goal in the play-offs but put up a spirited fight. Honestly, though, I am not too upset as I have a very young team that still could use some development and my squad has proven that it still can't quite measure up to top squads- having put up a few inconsistent results in the Second Division and failing when we did play against Bundesliga teams. It seemed to me that we conceded lots of late goals that led to losses or draws so we dropped points that way, however, we also scored a good number of late goals that rescued us a few points.

League Table
    Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

CUP

We were just....bad. Drew Koeln away in the first round and, no surprise- they crushed us. However, look who won the cup!

Match

PLAYERS

The board gave me some money and I brought in some new faces- mostly free newgens but a few good signings. I feel like next season I will hardly sign anybody, but if the right players are available I may. Håkon Kjæve did not do nearly as well for me- his composure in front of goal was bad, it seemed he hit the post every game. He actually did that a lot in the Third Division as well, but we created so many chances there that he was almost guaranteed at least one goal a game. Florian Klein was superb on the right wing when healthy, while new boy Georg Teigl impressed on the left. After my main target-man was suffering from spotty form, I gave Sven Noguera a few starts and he cemented his place as my #1 target-man he ended the season second-placed in the league scoring chart. Unfortunately, he was unavailable for the final league match of the season as well as the promotion play-off (damned youth international matches).

In the attacking midfield, Lars Iver Strand still did well for me (and played a few matches at RM when Klein was injured), but he is on a big contract which is up at the end of the season. Due to my tight wages, I decided I will let him go (which is why he didn't play as much, he had an extension clause), so I brought in Paco Van Moorsel as a replacement. He was extremely inconsistent and failed to truly impress me (despite a few flashes of brilliance), so in January I signed another Norwegian Frederik Midtsjø who was also relatively inconsistent, but still has lots of potential for development.

Once again, I have a very young team that appears as though it will be going somewhere when they develop. I am also still having trouble dumping off my surplus players, though, which kind of sucks because I have a pretty tight budget.

Squad pt. 1
    Squad pt. 2

Transfers

Top Newgens:

Celso (21 y/o, DC- last season)
    Junior Kalala (20 y/o, DM)
    Michal Kovac (20 y/o, ST)
    Matjaz Vidovic (18 y/o, DR/L)
    Henrik Yngvesson (22 y/o, MR/L)
    Sven Noguera (17 y/o, ST- last season)

There are many others in my squad, but they're either out on loan or in the U18s, will post them when they start playing for me!

MISCELLANEOUS

It turns out my finances weren't all that bad. They went up when prize and sponsorship money came in. Still not great though, and my 44,000+ capacity stadium still only averaged attendance of 12,564. That is a step up from last season's 7,925, but still unimpressive. Once we start selling those seats, though, we shouldn't lose as much money and maybe I can get the board to start upgrading the facilities. Our reputation will surely be on the rise.

NEXT SEASON

With a solid squad full of excellent prospects, we look pretty safe to stay up again next season and probably could mount another promotion challenge. Still, I wouldn't mind playing at least one more season after the next one in the Second Division to guarantee that my youngsters can get more playing time. My main goal is to develop my kids and to get at least a little bit further in the Cup.

Code:
    SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUP EUROPE ACHEIVEMENTS
    2012-13 Third Division 1st! N/A N/A Promotion!!!, D3 MotY
    2013-14 Second Division 3rd 1st Rnd N/A Play-off (lost)
    Last edited by ArranoBeltza; 12-11-2011 at 15:39.

First Team Regular

Good season Arrano, unlucky in the playoffs. Noguera looks fantastic

Semi Pro
    Lusitânia Açores, Angra do Heroísmo - Big Euro Nation

Wow, Arrano - Noguero looks like he's going to be a fantastic player, especially as he basically already is.

Semi Pro
    Football Manager isn't life or death ... It's far more important than that!

Congrats on the promotion Amethyst, good season Arrano unlucky in the playoff.

Congrats on the promotion TanO

Youth Team

well done Alzano - unlucky in the play-offs but your time will soon come. Noguero is indeed a cracking prospect

First Team Regular

The first player I've spent money on to buy, bought for 325k from Trencin : Lubomir Le Giang

Third Team

I ended up getting Skyrim, hopefully it doesn't take over this

Youth Team

SV Waldhof Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2013-14

Season Preview

So after last season's 12th place finish we were reduced to semi-professional status due to our poor finances. the wage bill was reduced by the board from £40k per week to £34k per week and obviously no transfer money was available. i decided to reduce the number of high-wage earners at the club not considered starting line up material and to introduce some low-wage players with potential. to that end, here is my new arrivals

Transfers

Goalkeepers

Manfred Witt - Young Swiss goalkeeper who has joined as third choice at the club. plenty of potential

Defenders

3. Petr Novotny - Young Czech LB with decent quality and bags of potential. will push for a starting spot.
    32. Samet Bayraktar - Young Turk brought in as cover at RB
    Yilmaz Ercan - Turkish defender who will provide cover this season but who has plenty of potential.
    Celestin M'Pondo - young Cameroonian RB who will compete with Bayraktar and Postic for the RB shirt.

Midfielders

7. Ivo Tomas - Promising German attacking midfielder released by Hajduk Split. will press for a starting berth
    8. Nico Haas - Nico joined after Laudrup was ruled out through injury for 5 months. decent midfielder.
    11. Carsten Mathiesen - Carsten was discovered towards the end of the transfer window and will go into the starting line-up. potential to be a good Bundesliga player.

Strikers

9. Riccardo Bocalon - Riccardo initially came on trial last January but i went for Dumitru instead. Back at the club now after the release of Manno and Tiffner.
    19. Kevin Friesenbicher - Young Austrian striker released by Bayern. will add competition upfront.
    29. Thomas Eriksen - Thomas adds depth to the squad but has a bright future.

So that's it - plenty of youth added to the squad. hopefully we can defy the odds and at least achieve a mid-table place this season.

Semi Pro

There's been some excellent progress made since my last visit, well done.

As for my season, it did get better but still not great. Not getting promotion means half my team wanted to move to a bigger club. I got a bid of £6m from FC Twente for Angan (my star striker), I negotiated and they pulled out, however Angan is a club icon now and am not going to let him go that easily.

Semi Pro

Good luck this season rlipscombe Mathiesen looks a good find.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by berty1978 View Post
    Good luck this season rlipscombe Mathiesen looks a good find.
    cheers, i think he is. settled ok which is always a bonus.

Semi Pro

Third Team

Great result there Brettney, and I agree Rlips, he looks like an excellent player.

Also does anyone remember Dag Alexander Olsen, he once played alongside Radakovic in my Fafe days...As for Parla we are continuing to roll along, I managed to get the core of players to re-sign for slightly less money, but I had to sell Yetgin, Grosjean & Moldovan as they would not reduce their wage demands. Grosjean will be with the club til January, but then will leave. We continue to score goals. 48 scored & 18 conceded in 14 games, at least the conceded rate has dropped a bit this season.

Amateur

so, at the end of the break in the Russian season, the table sits as follows

League Table

tough isnt the word, not really been able to add much quality to the squad, the board instead accepting a sizeable offer for our young Tajiki international Umarboev, over and above my head, leaving me a player down. we are starting to adjust to the tactics ive got in place, and conceding less goals now per game than at the start of the season. survival is most definitely going to be an achievement, but i fear i may fall at the first hurdle

Amateur

so, the first game after the break is a 5-1 victory, wish we could find some consistency

Third Team

Besiktas have already won 11 of 11 think they'll be winning the league once again.

Amateur

I believe they call this smash and grab

Suck on *that* Bayern

However Leverkusen are 8 games in and haven't conceded a goal

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst21 View Post
    I believe they call this smash and grab

Suck on *that* Bayern

However Leverkusen are 8 games in and haven't conceded a goal
    Don't you mean 'Suk' on that .. Sorry couldn't resist, nice result.

Amateur

Vikeologist’s 2014/2015 End of Season Report

After i finished the last league match of the season I was about to start on my end of season report when I thought, oh yes, I've still got a cup final to play.

Scottish Cup - http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...cottishcup.png

We had a fairly easy route to the semi-final where we beat Dundee to book a place in the final against Rangers, and much more importantly a place in Europe next year.

I didn't think we stood a chance in the final, but we took the lead in the second half, but Rangers equalised and it went to extra time. We held on till the 107th minute, but then they scored three times in the remaining 13 minutes. The final, and unrepresentative score, 4-1.

In retrospect perhaps I should have gone defensive and tried to play for penalties, but I'd got that far playing fairly attacking football. The harsh relaity though is that my players are part-time and weren't as fit as the opposition. Still, who cares; we're in Europe!

As for the league, http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...iew_Stages.pngwe finished with 62 points. In the 2011/12 season we would have been champions and promoted to the Premioer Division. In the 12/13 season we would have been champions. In the 13/14 season we would have been champions, but this was the 14/15 season and we finished in third, a long way behind our local rivals Falkirk, who in turn finished a long way behind the champions, Hamilton.

The problem wasn't that we couldn't beat the top clubs. We just had bad results against the poorer clubs, especially Livingston who finished bottom and seemed to be our bogey team. On the other hand, as they did finish bottom, they won;t be a problem for us again next season.

I bought and sold some players but most of the players I bought in were back-up players, http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/..._History-2.png and my team was largely the same one as had won the 2nd division the season before. http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/..._Players-2.png I have reached a bit of a plateau with difficulty in improving the squad, or improving the current players who are all part-time and thus showing minimal if any improvement. However, it may be that being in Europe, and hopefully an eventual improvement to our reputation will help to attract better players.

We also had a good year financially, making a profit of 1.25 million (out of our current balance of just shy of 2 million) so hopefully we can make some improvements to our facilities. We also got a new sponsorship deal, which isn't great, but at least it isn't still the worst in Scotland at just over £500 a year.

We also won the Scottish Challenge Cup, which was nice, but there's no money or other attraction it in, so I'll play my reserves in it next year.

Code:
    Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Achievements
    2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
    2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
    2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by brettney1980 View Post
    Don't you mean 'Suk' on that .. Sorry couldn't resist, nice result.
    Ahahaha, should have thought of that, well done

Part-Timer

For my third season in charge (second in the 2nd Division), the board expects promotion. Oh boy...

Part-Timer

I decided to actually use the set-piece creator.

I set Noguera to attack the far post on attacking set-pieces with a central defender challenging the 'keeper. Noguera has scored a few off of free kicks and corners, while also adding assits by heading the ball to the feet of players in front of goal. Sometimes, I am guessing because of his height, the teams will mark Noguera leaving other players open who end up grabbing a goal.
    Last edited by ArranoBeltza; 12-11-2011 at 23:45.

Youth Team

Arranobeltza - i haven't really thought about using the set piece taker. sounds like it's working for you...
    LLR - i remember Dag... formed a good partnership with Radakovic. those were the days...
    Amethyst21 - congrats on the Bayern win! nothing sweeter than a smash and grab victory...
    G-Wiz - tough going that mate. Russia seems a tough league to start in. hopefully you can make a breakthrough and push up the league in the second half of the season.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    Arranobeltza - i haven't really thought about using the set piece taker. sounds like it's working for you...
    It's not a guaranteed goal, but it usually at least makes opposing defenses work to prevent one. Any lapses they make, though, are jumped on by my team.

Amateur

Well just over half way through our first season in Liga Adelante and were sitting in 3rd, now thats all well and good but our squad is no where near good enough to get promoted, we have a 4000 seater stadium, were like £2m in debt. Its not like i wouldnt take the promotion but i feel its all happening to quickly.

Youth Team

Was going to get a mid-season update done but had a late FM session last night and then finished off the season this morning! (It seems the seasons pass more quickly on this version - anyone else find this?)

We were not relegated but that's all I'll give away for now

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    Tano - Congrats. Only 30 league games a season? Are there lots of cups to play for in Portugal, and have you had any luck so far.
    Yeah only 30 games so the seasons go by quick. Only 2 cups in portugal as well, but I haven't made it far in either of them so far. Fewer games might be advantage when I get into euro comps but it's offset by less income

Amateur

So Davide Petrucci has torn his hamstring and is out for 6-8 weeks, which means he will be back for the last 2-3 games, gutted just dont cut it.

First Team Regular

I share your pain danger_mouse, my starting MC, Wilmer Kousemaker, just got injured for 5 months and he'll be unavailable for the rest of the reason

Amateur

Finished my first season in Serie C1/B and will post a report tonight or tomorrow. Lovely to read all of your updates, who do you think will finish the challenge first?

Semi Pro

Aventure française de Berty Bassett
    La Vitréenne FC - 2018/19 (French Ligue 2)

Results1
    Results2
    Results3

League - Graph

A poor showing in the Coupe de la Ligue saw us out in the first round at home to Sedan. The league was a no show really, didn't start off too badly as we won 3 of our first 5 but followed by 3 straight defeats. A run of appaling form upto and just after winter saw us in relegation contention and the board getting slightky impatient. Another drastic change in formation saw us win 8 of our last 13 games and finish in a more respectable 9th.

French Cup - 7th round

During our poor form we went out at home to National side Troyes in the 7th round, shocking.

Transfers - Carlos was our record signing but never worked out as he got impatient waiting for first team football, sold again at the end of the season for £1m. Ueakasaka looks good but can only register 2 non EU players and those go to Herrera and Rafael. Ion is a defender that went straight into the first team.

Squad - Team report - Best XI - Best XI overall

The players

Thomas Nielsen
    Søren Kjærsgaard
    Manuel Gomes Lima
    Johann Rouault
    Johan Åsheim
    Jean-Jaques Angan
    Christoph Hien

Finances

Code:
     Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue| Achievements  |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 | Overachievers |
     2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |               |
     2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |               |
     2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 | Promotion     |
     2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     | Survived      |
     2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Overachievers |
     2018/19 | Ligue 2   |   9th    | 7th round  |   1st round     |               |

Semi Pro

Apparently my fans have come up with a new chant for one of my strikers. Nothing particularly impressive about that you might think. Aha, well this particular striker is Cypriot and called Venizelos Chrysanthou, I admire the chanting creativity of the Lusitania Acores people if they've managed to fit that into something passable!

Still, I suppose we Norwich fans chant 'Simon Lappin king of Spain, king of Spain, Simon Lappin king of Spain, he looks Spanish', so it doesn't necessarily need much!

They are however complaining about me releasing Alan (the centre back) at the end of last season. I'm challenging for the European places and he has dropped two leagues, right back down to where I started. They need to get some perspective!
    Last edited by PRDH; 13-11-2011 at 17:51.

Semi Pro

Some real quality players there. Particularly like Roualt and Neilsen. If you can keep that group together I can see promotion in your not so distant future.

First Team Regular

Play off spot guaranteed with 4 games to go in the German 2nd division

Part-Timer

I think I've found the perfect strike partner for Noguera!

Amateur

2015/2016 review

I knew we could challenge for promotion if we were consistent.

League table
    Position graph

Again we had an awful start, we improved, but because we couldn't keep form and lost to all the teams around us, and couldn't hold on to leads after half-time we didn't make it again.

Transfers - A couple of young players and reinforcements, our top striker Bah was sold in january by my chairman.

Squad 1 | Squad 2 - A good squad but with Bah being sold we need another striker who scores consistently.

Top players:
    5: Zoltán Lipták - with Gonther not being good enough anymore, I got in this to lead the back line, and he did.
    4: Matthias Buszkowiak - Another good season from the defender
    3: Paul Schinke - He really stepped up this season and excelled in my new 4-2-3-1 tactic.
    2: Gianmarco Zigoni - After Bah was sold I needed him to take over, but next season we need a more consistent and faster player
    1: Teddy Caron - This guy is way too good for this level and was even our top scorer after Bah, and will even get better through the coming years.

Amateur

My new signing, and Barca offered him to me for free...Bonus
    Last edited by danger_mouse; 13-11-2011 at 20:22.

Semi Pro

I know the feeling neushoorn70, hang in there and Caron looks like a star.
    Well done in the cups vikeologist, hard luck in the league though, you would have swapped the cup runs for the league title.

The end of an era at La Vitréenne as Rouault is in the last year of his contract and wanting to move to a bigger club. Have to cash in on him and there were a few offers. Accepted the Bayern offer for £6m rather than Monaco because he stayed with us until January, so only lost out on 5 months and gained £6m. Fans upset at him leaving.

Also got this result in the cup against the team top of Ligue 1.

Youth Team

berty1978 - can't blame you for taking the money. that is some serious cash.

Amateur

Vallee d'Aoste
    2012/13
    Serie C2/B

League | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad

So, those of you who saw my earlier update might remember that I was languishing 3rd from bottom and 7 points from safety. Well, to say things turned around after that post would be a HUGE understatement. I switched to a nice simple 4-4-2, playing rigid, counter attacking football to slug out some boring wins. For the last 7-8 games I finally had the confidence to push the wingers up and move to a 4-2-4 which meant that my guys had the freedom to attack and score a few more goals. It was an insanely close season, I went into the last game in 3rd knowing that a good result could win the title but a bad one could leave me out of the playoffs completely! Luckily I dominated the final game and results went my way, giving me an unbelievable automatic promotion!

Transfers

The normal flurry of activity, dredging the free transfer market. I decided that I wasn't going to sign any old joe blow but was looking for quality. This is probably why I had such a bad start to the season - it took a few months for the right guys on the open market to want to sign for me.

The star performers:

Manager's player of the year
    Marco Tonello - banged in 20 goals and was just consistently the best player on the team. Always a solid goal threat and a reliable finisher. Third place in Serie C2/B top goalscorer and player of the year.

Young player of the season
    Carmelo Spada - the first signing of my reign, the 16 year old had some growing pains in the first half of the season, but in the second half he slowly grew into his potential. I think he was one of the players most helped by the move to a more attacking formation and tactic.

The "If Only..." award
    Luca Pramatton - injured for the first few months of the season, sensational upon his return. Dominated the right wing when he played.

Why wouldn't you sign for me earlier?
    John Thomas Adamo and Andrea Irrera - the full backs that I clamoured for from the start of the season, when these guys finally signed my defence got so much stronger

Quietly solid
    Andrea Tanferna - never incredible, never bad, always good. Chipped in with a few assists, a few goals and a few MotM performances, Tanferna helped running the midfield in the second half of the season.

Finances

Errr, yeah. The normal disaster. The less said the better. I spent most of the season over the wage budget because I needed the players. Thankfully the promotion helped me get that one past the board, otherwise I might have struggled a bit next season...

To top it all off, I was awarded Manager of the Year.

Last edited by Britrock; 13-11-2011 at 22:37.

Amateur

britrock - congrats, and I like the award categories. It really doesn't look as though anybody in that division wanted to get promoted.

Neushoorn- Hopefully your younger players will step up for you next year.

Berty- glad you didn't get sacked.

El sid- good luck in the playoffs

silKEAPE - My money's on welsh wizard to achieve it first. I suspect that he'd already completed Dafuge's challenge before he even bothered to start this one, but he'll probably still be the first one here. Respect.

Charlesbeams- Hope that you find a way to sabotage Besiktas soon, or manage to qualify for Europe this season behind them.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesbeams View Post
    I ended up getting Skyrim, hopefully it doesn't take over this
    As did I...oops. Will try and flit between the two, but my initial pace will certainly slow down

Amateur
    AS Cannes, France, Big Euro Nation Challenge

End of Season Report
    Manager Profile & Info | Team Overview | Team Info

Pre-Season

Not much happened in my pre-season games.
    I only played one friendly match away at Augsburg, losing 4-2. Match Overview

Transfers

Being the first season at Leipzig i had to clean up the squad a bit. 18 players were let go during this season while 8 were brought in to complete my squad and help us achieve our goals.

Sören Gonther (DC / DR) - Signed on a free transfer from Paderborn, the 26 years old defender was one of my main figures this season, playing in 32 games, scoring 3 goles, 2 MoM and finishing with an average rating of 7,31.

Marek Strestik (AML / AMC / ST) – The 26 years old czech attacking midfielder was brought on a free transfer from hungarian side Györ. During the season he played in 33 games, scoring 14 goals and helping his teammates with 12 assists, he got named MoM 4 times and had an average rating of 7,41.

Dominic Pürcher (DL / WBL / ML) - Bought for 85k euros from SK Sturm Graz, Dominic, age 24, had no problem making the left full back position his own. He played 38 games this season, was named MoM in one occasion and had an average rating of 7,09.

Nico Hammann (DL / DR) – Came on a free transfer at the start of the season, appeared in 16 games and had an average rating of 6,83.

Louis Goncalves (DM) – Also brought on a free transfer, at only 19 years old i brought him as a hope for the future. He had an average rating of 6,57 from 14 games played.

Maximilian Arnold (AML / DL / WBL / ML) – Another free transfer for the future. Did not use him in any game this season but will definitely start using him next season.

Fabian Schnellhardt (MC / AMC) – Promising Young german midfielder brought on a free transfer. Played in 9 games and showed real promise.

Julian Marten (MC / AMC) – I don't know if he was worth the 625k euros but at 15 years old he seemed to be a good investment in our future. I just hope he will develop into a decent player.

Squad & Tactics

Thanks to Red Bull we had a very big squad (1 & 2) which really helped us with our promotion. To be honest for a Third Division side this squad was overkill. However, even with this squad, we had a sucky mid-season and had to struggle to the title.
    In the tactics department i started the season with a 4-4-2 tactic with wingers. After a few games i changed to a 4-5-1. After the winter break we started loosing and drawing some easy games but i didn't want to change the tactics until i saw our rivals catching up with us. After that i went back to 4-4-2 and secured the title with some wins in the final games of the season.

Finances

This department does not look good. Didn't play to much attention at my finances this season. This will have to change starting next season if i want to complete this challenege.

German Third Division

Started the season as outside favorites in the eyes of the media. After a few games i installed myself at the top and people started to take me serious. After the winter break our rivals catched up with us because we had a few bad games that we really should have won. The title was up for grabs until the last game but we managed to secure it with 5 wins in the last 5 games.

Fixtures 1 & Fixtures 2
    Top Gloalscorer
    Player of the Year
    Manager of the Year
    Team of the Year

German Cup

Did not participate this season.

Next Season Preview

Managing our finances is a must in order to survive the promotion. My aim is to achieve a mid-table position in the next season and aim for promotion the season after that. Hopefully the drink we love, Red Bull, will suply me with a nice amount of cash and alot of Red Bulls

Board Expectations: Mid-table finish
    My Goals: Mid-table finish; Secure our finances
    Media Prediction: 10th

Also starting next season i will try to have more detailed reports, hopefully i will have time to play this game like i want to.

EDIT: Added my fixtures for the season, forgot about them initially.
    Last edited by Andy Sava; 14-11-2011 at 00:10.

Semi Pro

Well done Britrock and Andy Sava on first time promotions, has anyone actually taken longer than my 4 seasons yet?

Thank you Sherlock
    Had the week off work so have managed to get a few seasons played.
    Last edited by berty1978; 14-11-2011 at 01:10.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by berty1978 View Post
    Well done Britrock and Andy Sava on first time promotions, has anyone actually taken longer than my 4 seasons yet?
    Well I am only in my 3rd season, at the midway point...and still in the bottom division...lol

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Well I am only in my 3rd season, at the midway point...and still in the bottom division...lol
    Ah, so you'd match my 4 seasons if you don't get promoted this season. I'm an impatient player which is why I struggle more, I prefer to play more seasons than spend ages watching matches on full, etc.

This guy could become one of the best defenders in the world, at 18 my ass man gives him 4 stars.

Semi Pro

Good going Vikeologist, congrats at getting into Europe.

Mid table Berty, just looking for that one signing to push you up?

Close neushoorn, next year the one?

Congrats Britrock good going.

Good going Andy Selva, close at the top there.

Semi Pro

Dardanelspor A.S - Season 2017/18

League Table;

We lost a couple more of our first teamers and i decided to bring in quite a few youngsters with good potential a risk but we did enough in the season to stay around the top 5. The 3 big clubs as well as us and Trabzonspor are now pretty much pulling away from the rest of the pack in terms of quality.

Transfers|Finances

Massive loss in terms of transfers in Yetgin refusing to sign a new deal and we've lost him to Fenerbahce on a free!

We lost in the first playoff round but managed to win the match for 7th place .. Just! ... And we picked ourselfs up when we snuck into europe like this.

Squad;

GK, Jonas Sibeko/Nikola Filipovic
    RB, Mario Girke
    CB, Mehmet Karakicili
    CB, Ercument Ozsulun
    LB, Muhammed Yetgin
    DM, Ibrahim Dagasan
    CM, Tayfun Aydin
    IFR, Osman Ozparilti
    IFL, Olcay Onder
    CF, Ivan Turkovic
    CF, Liam Cameron

Code:
    Season    Division     Pos   Turkish Cup     Notes
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13   Second       2nd    Third Round    Promotion!
    2013/14  First Div.    10th  Second Round    Mid-Table - Check!
    2014/15  First Div.    8th    Third Rd.      Just below Playoffs
    2015/16  First Div.    Top!  Second Round    Champions!!!
    2016/17   Premier      5th    Fourth Rd.     Made it into Europe!! Somehow.
    2017/18   Premier      4th    Fourth rd.     Champs Group.
    2018/19   Premier      5th    Fourth rd.     Snuck into Europe via Fair Play!

Third Team

Des Tiny's AD Parla

Mid-Season 2014/15
    Second Division B3
    February 1st Update

Second Division B3

An excellent start to the season saw us go 10 games before we finally lost in a game against Castilla, then we managed another 8 straight before losing to Albacete. So a great start sees us sitting in 2nd, behind the damned Castilla (Real Madrid 'B'), hoping to keep the good record running, its been a bit of a tough run, but still at over 3 goals per game scored, and we have conceded 26 in the 22 games so far.

My Star of the Half: Miguel Herlein (19G 6A)
    My Youth so far: Angel (DC/DM), Ivan Vilches (MC/ST), Juan Carlos (MC/ST), Juame (DRL)

Good Results: vs Albacete 5:0, vs Alzira 5:0, at Castellon 5:0, at Alzira 5:0
    Bad Results: vs Castilla 1:3, at Albacete 0:1

We aren't conceding as many goals this season and it shows, 4 results of 5:0, and also only the two losses, a much better start to the season.

The Table
    Code:
    | Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 1st   |       | Castilla      |       | 22    | 17    | 3     | 2     | 54    | 19    | +35   | 54    | 
    | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
    | 2nd   |       | Parla         |       | 22    | 16    | 4     | 2     | 67    | 26    | +41   | 52    | 
    | 3rd   |       | Badajoz       |       | 22    | 14    | 4     | 4     | 39    | 18    | +21   | 46    | 
    | 4th   |       | Albacete      |       | 23    | 14    | 1     | 8     | 39    | 29    | +10   | 43    | 
    | 5th   |       | U.D. Logroñés |       | 22    | 12    | 5     | 5     | 40    | 27    | +13   | 41    | 

Relegation Playoff Spot 
    | 16th  |       | Teruel        |       | 22    | 6     | 4     | 12    | 17    | 30    | -13   | 22    | 

Spanish Cup

2nd Round: vs Lugo 1:3

The Transfers
    Since September 1st

In Brief
    In: 6 Players (Free)
    Out: 3 Players (€48k)
    Loans: 0 Players (No Fee)
    Wages Total: €11,623 (p/w)
    Wage Budget: €11,526 (p/w)
    Remaining Transfers: €0

New Signings

First Team
    Code:
    |--------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Player             | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    |--------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Bas Groot          |    MR    | Free  | With Grosjean needing to be sold I had to bring |
    |                    |          |       | in some sort of replacement, Groot was the 1st. |
    | Ozlu Kivanc        |    DC    | Free  | A third possibility for the centre of defense   |
    |                    |          |       | he was signed when I was suffering injuries.    |
    | Roberto Cappellari |    GK    | Free  | I clearly had to replace Moldovan, as he would  |
    |                    |          |       | not sign a new contract, best I could find.     |
    | Murat Ogan         |    MRL   | Free  | The 2nd possible Grosjean replacement, he looks |
    |                    |          |       | like a slightly better prospect, not performing |

Youth
    Code:
    |-------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Player            | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    |-------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Vicent            |   DM/MC  | Free  | A Huge DM Prospect, couldn't say no to him.     |
    | Patrik Sliwinski  |    DC    | Free  | Willing to sign really cheap, huge prospect     |

Future Transfers
    Code:
    | Player            | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    | Adrian Vidoretta  |  AMC/MC  | Free  | My cover for Gomes, as Carlos is not good enough|

Transfers Out
    First Team
    Code:
    |---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    |---------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Emrah Yetgin        |   MR/ST  |  €12k | Wouldn't sign, Cashed in.                       |
    | Bogdan Moldovan     |    GK    |  €10k | Wouldn't sign, Cashed in.                       |
    | Franck Grosjean     |    MR    |  €26k | Wouldn't sign, Cashed in.                       |

Youth
    Code:
    | Player              | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    Players out on Loan
    Code:
    |----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    | Player               | Position | Price | Comments                                        |
    |----------------------|----------|-------|-------------------------------------------------|
    Other News

Newton's Hundred Games:
    Through an amazing career in management so far we have seen 264 goals scored, 177 goals conceded and Tiny is looking to make the playoffs for the second season running. He has steadily improved the team, even while having to let some guys go because they wouldn't re-sign.
    54-21-25 (183pts)
    Code:
    |---------|--------------------|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|
    | Season  | Division           | Pos | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ags | G.D | Pts |
    |---------|--------------------|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|
    | 2012/13 | Second Division B3 | 6th |  38 |  17 |   9 |  12 |  82 |  75 | + 7 |  60 |
    | 2013/14 | Second Division B3 | 4th |  38 |  20 |   9 |   9 | 113 |  66 | +47 |  69 |
    | 2014/15 | Second Division B3 | 2nd |  19 |  15 |   3 |   1 |  61 |  24 | +37 |  48 |
    | Results Spanish Cup                |   5 |   1 |     |   4 |   8 |  12 | - 4 |   3 |
    |------------------------------------|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|-----|

Financially we have done a little better this season, we have made a profit in all but two months. Of course we still don't have a very good balance and the board are still injecting money left, right and centre, but we will hope to improve this going forward as I finally got my wages down. And we also had our first ever match postponed...damn Snow.

Part-Timer

April 15, 2015:

RasenBallsport Leipzig have clinched promotion to the German First Division!

Currently sitting 10 points ahead in first place with four games left in the season. Will probably wrap it up tomorrow then begin my Bundesliga adventure.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post
    britrock - congrats, and I like the award categories. It really doesn't look as though anybody in that division wanted to get promoted.
    It was a little bit silly, I spent a good few weeks 3-4 points outside the playoffs, unable to string enough wins together to make the jump. Then when I checked after the penultimate game I'd suddenly jumped to third. It only triggered it was so close because one team had been guaranteed playoff football, but noone else had with one game left, which was incredible.

I'll be honest though, promotion was on massive fluke. I'm not sure I could recreate that season again if I tried, it was ridiculous. I ended it on something like a 20 game scoring run.

Perugia went up in the playoffs and my squad has shrunk considerably in serie c1 thanks to my wages increasing so much due to promotion and yearly rises (which I though I could get away with as I wouldn't get near promotion. Oooops).
    Last edited by Britrock; 14-11-2011 at 10:28.

First Team Regular

Champions of 2.Bundesliga :*) And that with the lowest average wage in the division

Semi Pro

Erm, oops! Just realised I've not got any physios at the club. Perhaps an oversight there. Although, in fairness, at no stage has anyone brought it to my attention. The only time physios have been mentioned was when my assistant suggested I sign the Belgium National Team's physio. He wanted £10,000/week, three times the amount my highest paid player receives. My assistant is an idiot!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PRDH View Post
    The only time physios have been mentioned was when my assistant suggested I sign the Belgium National Team's physio. He wanted £10,000/week, three times the amount my highest paid player receives. My assistant is an idiot!
    or married to the sister of the Belgian National Team's Physio.
    Last edited by vikeologist; 14-11-2011 at 12:00.

Part-Timer

Let's have a look what has happened while I am trying to get my season done after a brief holiday.

minisav, Congrats on league win. Seems like RB Leipzig is racing through the division in every save up to now.
    rlipscombe, Solid mid table finish is good enough for the first year. Keep pushing!
    neushoorn70, Good season. Unlucky for the last part of it though. Solid push in the second season and you are closing the gap for promotion! That bad start cost you the promotion it seems. You have the quality for sure mate, keep pushing!
    brettney1980, Solid first season up in Premier mate. If any of you guys manage to solve how that playoff thingy works, explain in detail please Finishing 4th ruined your chances indeed but 5th next season and being a fair play example is always good! Consistent performances in Premier. KUTGW!
    tommy1872, That cup run was nearly costing you the league! Good luck in Europe though. The finish in next season is the proper way to go to Europe so I hope you'll do better this time.
    Welsh Wizard, Lovely first season as well Welsh Wizard. Keep building and eventually you'll be a power house in Russia!
    DodgeeD, Damn people do score a lot! That 65 points are not looking good for a 102 goal team though Good luck vs the big boys.
    berty1978, Keep improving mate. You are doing good. 2nd season is what I expected to be honest. You'll have a shot at promotion soon. Good to have a team settling in a division I'd say. A promotion push will be more healthy with a consistent team.
    Almondo, Pena Sport taking the league by storm! Excellent job.
    Charlesbeams, Solid adventure in first Euro trip. That 9th finish is forgotten by a memorable 3rd next year. You really have to find a way to break down Beşiktaş.
    toonbalmy87, Good job getting promoted straight away!
    StellaF1, Good job on the progress mate. With a bit of quality and depth, you are set for Serie A!
    TanO, Touh season indeed. Survival adds a morale though so you can keep pushing forward. And just as I said that I saw you got promoted already. Good job!
    Amethyst21, Keep building the squad and you'll push forward mate. Stalling in bottom half gives a good opportunity to revamp a team. Excellent promotion next season!
    ArranoBeltza, Another solid season by another RB Leipzig team! Storm the next season as well. Bah! Lost in playoff but overall a good season in 2nd Div.
    vikeologist, Good season in general and an extraordinary cup run to boot up with it! Good luck in Europe though, you'll need it
    Britrock, Solid turnaround after the initial form. And a MotY award as well! Good luck in Serie C1.
    Andy Sava, Yet another stormer with Leipzig! You should aim to get a firm foot in 2nd Div for the first few weeks.

Now on with my half season report for 2013-14:

Fixtures: Initial form looked the same as last years but my switch to a fluid attacking flat 4-4-2 worked wonders. I really couldn't understand how m team respond that well to it. A few noteable scores to follow:

vs Dardanelspor at home: An astounding performance of my attacking 4-4-2, in it's 4th match. The team was hungry for a result as well when you consider the 6 yellows we were shown but scoring this much?!? I couldn't believe these were the strikers hitting ever shot straight at the fans.

vs Sakaryaspor at home: Sakaryaspor is a good side, scoring goals here and there, lingering around playoff positions every year. They put up a good fight but early goals saw us past them with a good performance from Kerem Inan despite letting 2 in.

vs Beylerbeyi at home: The first match I felt helpless with my 4-4-2 when my defence does stupid mistakes of letting opposition forwards roam behind them. We started overloading with he second half mark and I was hoping to pull a come back but their goalkeeper saved them the trouble. Solid draw anyway.

We are sitting 5th with 32 points in 17 games now, half of the season, 44 goals with 20 conceded. The thing is though, only 7 point splits the 1st from 8th, ranging from 35 to 28. We have to grab some solid wins vs the upper half of the table to gain a position up top.

The cup looks good this time. Passed non-league Gebzespor with ease and will play another non-league Nazilli Belediyespor in 2nd Round. A 1st Div is our probable opponent in 3rd Round if we manage to qualify.

I am not spoiling any info on the players to prevent a forum curse if it's possible! I have some long injuries though, how they manage to get themselves out for 4-5 months is beyond me!
    Last edited by 5ergio; 14-11-2011 at 12:41.

Amateur

noooooooooooo my game wont load nooooooooooooo

Amateur

looks like i will have to start again

Third Team

End of Season Report - Novese - 2014/15 (Season 3) - Serie C1B

Serie C1B - 3rd

Our first season in Italy's 3rd tier looked set to be a good one from the off. A whopping 7-0 triumph over relegated Serie B side Triestina set pulses racing in Novese. The odd defeat was sandwiched between a very impressive 6 wins from the opening 9 league games.

It was clear we had a couple of players who were among the league's best. Natale obviously, but Cesena the young attacking midfielder and January signing Tiago Gomes gave our attack real impetus. Along with the regular goals of Montella we looked a threat in every game we entered.

There were ups and downs as expected from a newly promoted side but I was thoroughly impressed that we established ourselves as potential promotion candidates. Could we achieve back to back promotions?

Oddly we struggled most against the teams closer to the foot of the table than us. By and large we were dealing with our competitors for promotion. All but Verona who were very strong and Pergocrema who had our number. Nonetheless we maintained high goalscoring standards (the most in the division) and kept it fairly tight at the back, conceding 36 in 34 games.

As the season drew to a close, we gave up hope of toppling Albinoleffe who raced clear to seal 1st, despite our 4-2 win at home. Then the injuries arrived. In our last three games we lost both our left backs, Natale, Montella and our main DM Zampa. It was brutal.

So it was to the playoffs.

Viareggio were our opponents and despite taking a bit of a battering at their place, we came away with a 2-1 win thanks to Carlo Cesena's winner. Back to our place for a place in the playoff final. All began well, Cesena opening the scoring to give us a commanding 3-1 lead on aggregate. We were sucker-punched right on half time though to go into the break at 1-1.

Despite my best efforts at energising the team, we truly fell flat in the 2nd half. Viareggio drew the scores level with 15 minutes to play and knowing they needed one more to qualify (on account of our higher league position) they chased a 3rd. And it arrived in stunning fashion. Silaidis scored a frankly ridiculous 35 yarder in the 80th minute and as we pressed for a 2nd, we were undone again. A 4-1 home loss meant elimination from the playoffs and dreams of another promotion in tatters.

The Cups:

The Coppa Italia was our first competitive game of the season but we succumbed 2-0 to Cuneo to end any hopes of a romantic cup run.

The Serie C Cup was more of a priority and we had the luxury of entering in the 1st knockout round. We eased through to the 2nd group stage with a 2-1 win over Treviso. The group itself is just 2 games with the top place of 3 qualifying for the semi finals. We drew both games unfortunately to leave us in 2nd and miss a good opportunity for silverware.

Results

Key Men:

Riccardo Tantardini (DC) - rock solid at the back and came on leaps and bounds this year in his development.

Facundo Zampa (DM,MC) - commanding presence in our most defensive CM position. Badly missed in the run-in.

Carlo Cesena (M/AMC) - the emerging star of the season. His progression in training was replicated in the second half of the season on the pitch.

Tiago Gomes (AMLC/ST) - signed in January and offered a good partnership with Natale up front.

Sodinha (AMRC/ST) - according to my coaches not good enough to start, but when he does he makes stuff happen. Sadly leaving this summer as we couldn't agree a new deal.

Giorgio Natale (AMC/ST) - the jewel in the crown. Still remains worryingly injury prone but when he's fit and on his game, there's no better striker in the league. Desperate to keep hold of him this summer.

Antonio Montella (ST) - just knows where the net is and continues to find it. A real favourite at Novese.

Squad Stats
    Results 1 | Results 2
    Finances

Objectives Complete?

• Stay up
    Hell yes, and then some. Almost back to back promotions, great season.
    • Keep Natale for a whole season
    Achieved. Will we keep him for another season?
    • TRY​ to amend the finances
    No not really. Wage bill is too high and I rely on the board to inject cash to stop it getting out of hand.

Objectives:

• Press for Playoff spot
    • Keep Natale
    • TRY to amend the finances
    And FINALLY, I received this welcome news at the end of the season. We'll be departing our 3,500 stadium for a brand spanking 10,004 new stadium, the Pastorino Stadium
    I have NO idea how we're going to afford those repayments

Part-Timer

tommy1872, Aww! You were doing better every season At least you have the option to choose another country and another team for a new adventure now.
    iacovone, 2 out of 3 onjectives not soo bad That finances with the new stadium shall get better but those payments will surely create a big hole at first. The motto for the next season is "Keep Natale, get the promotion!"

On another small but immense note, the shock result of the season came just a few minutes ago: vs Gaziantepspor (Premier Div) at away - Turkish Cup 4th Round 5th Round draw saw us visit Orduspor who are sitting 17th in Premier Division now with only 12 points in 19 games played. We might cause one more upset I hope!
    Last edited by 5ergio; 14-11-2011 at 14:37.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by 5ergio View Post
    tommy1872, Aww! You were doing better every season At least you have the option to choose another country and another team for a new adventure now.
    iacovone, 2 out of 3 onjectives not soo bad That finances with the new stadium shall get better but those payments will surely create a big hole at first. The motto for the next season is "Keep Natale, get the promotion!"

On another small but immense note, the shock result of the season came just a few minutes ago: vs Gaziantepspor (Premier Div) at away - Turkish Cup 4th Round Quarter Final draw saw us visit Orduspor who are sitting 17th in Premier Division now with only 12 points in 19 games played. We might cause one more upset I hope!
    was really wanting to break the old firm so was thinking od starting in scotland again

Amateur

Hello all, this looks entertaining...

pencil me in as the mighty Elgin City
    in a glorious attempt to win the European cup
    entirely with teuchters :-)

Amateur

just going to download the clyde save but what file do i put it in

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1872 View Post
    just going to download the clyde save but what file do i put it in
    It should go into My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/Games (you'll be able to tell if it's the right place, because all your other save games will be in there too)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
    It should go into My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/Games (you'll be able to tell if it's the right place, because all your other save games will be in there too)
    cheers mate really gutted about my other game

Part-Timer

Macshimmy, Good luck with Elgin.

That 5th Round didn't went well. None of the teams were threatening at the final third but a single corner and a single header saw Orduspor knock us out Now to push for promotion, hopefully!

Amateur

well a had to start a new game as my other one would not load said times really wanted to break the old firm so i have downloaded the clyde save a started again onwords and upwords as they say

so here we go here is my profile

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

and here is the squad i will be letting go of some of them

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ad_Players.png

and the leauge table

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...iew_Stages.png

my next update might be end of the trasfer window if not then end of season
    Last edited by tommy1872; 14-11-2011 at 15:30.

Amateur

Crikey so much to catch up on in this thread… soon I will be spending less time playing and more time on the forum !!

Amethyst21 - Congrats on promotion, 17 games unbeaten is brilliant form. Scoring is fun ! Your finances look fantastic too. Best of luck next season.

ArranoBeltza - Good work reaching the playoffs so soon. I'd take a 15 point deduction for a 44,000 stadium ! That's 43,000 more than mine. Those newgens look really good, I haven't seen many like that in my game. Either my scouts are rubbish or they aren't getting released so quickly.

Rlipscombe - Ouch, being bumped down to semi-pro is going to make life tough. Hope those young whippersnappers do the business for you !

Vikeologist - sounds like it was a fitting game for a cup final, good effort. Very unlucky to miss promotion with so many points but the money from the cup this year and europe next will be fun to spend !

Danger_mouse
    - looks like you could be going up whether you like it or not ! I had a similar thing when Pampilhosa unexpectedly got promoted last season.

Berty1978 - Looks like France is a pretty difficult place to make it to the top, at least you have some cash to spend. Hope next season is a good one.

Neushoorn70 - Hope you can hold on to Teddy Caron and get promoted next season.

Andy Sava and Britrock - Congrats on promotion and manager of the year, great work !

Brettney1980 - Consistent form in the Premier League for 3 years is good work and Europe next season… good luck !

LLR - Looks like it could be a great season for you… fingers crossed.

Macshimmy - Welcome to the challenge and good luck with Elgin !

On the newgens being released by top clubs I'll just add that I didn't load players from top clubs in my save so it will be interesting to see if that makes my challenge easier or more difficult. I guess we'll be able to tell if I ever manage to qualify for EURO cups.

I flew through another 2 seasons over the weekend (easy when you're getting thrashed in half the games) so will post the write-ups tonight.

Semi Pro
    http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com

I was playing as RB Leipzig, but have decided to re-start my save to fit the rules of this challenge. Screenshots coming soon!

[plug] My RB Leipzig thread [/plug]

Amateur

The north-east town of Elgin claims to have been granted city status during the reign of King David I
    in the 12th century, and continues to describe itself as a city to this day, despite having mislaid
    the relevant paperwork during one of the regular floods to afflict the area.
    The population of the town (sorry, city) is around 25,000.

Elgin City FC was formed by a merger of two older teams in 10th August 1893,
    and played in the highland leagues until the year 2000, when they were elected
    to the Scottish League. They came close to going out of business during flooding in 2010.

Board expectations - Learn from the experience (of getting battered at the foot of the Third Division.)
    My expectations - I'm going to be devising effective tactics for waterlogged pitches :-)

Wage budget = £2229
    Transfer budget = £2000

Club Info
    Manager Info
    Last edited by Macshimmy; 14-11-2011 at 18:48. Reason: correct link

Third Team

It's looking like I could have major problems keeping Natale beyond the next season. His demands are too high for our budget at the moment.

So two options:

1) I wait a month or two until I can ask the board to increase the wage budget (this usually works, and may give me further resources to offer him)

2) I start touting him around for a couple of million £ and whoever bites I try and arrange the transfer for the end of the season.

I'm leaning towards (1) at the moment, the only downside would be the reduction in time left to sell him before January comes along and he can be approached on a pre-contract.

Amateur

so Dinamo Stavropol are officially safe with 3 games to go...something seems to have finally clicked, won 7 out of 12 games since we resumed after the winter break, only winning 4 from the first 23 before the break...delighted isnt the word! lol season review coming soon

Semi Pro
    http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com

Here goes with RasenBallsport Leipzig:

Club Overview
    Manager Info

I'll be posting regular updates HERE for those that want more detail.
    Last edited by TacticalGenius; 14-11-2011 at 19:20.

Amateur

Dinamo Stavropol - 2012/2013 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile
    Team Information

Predicted Position: 20th
    Actual Position: 15th
    Average Attendance: 3365
    Season Ticket Holders: 1278

So my foray into Russia was a difficult task, and with a transfer budget of £40 and a small wage budget (£9255) it was always going to be a tough task to make any real progress with the team. I was able to bring in a few additions to the threadbare squad, and thankfully, although it looked unlikely to begin with, i was able to consolidate the teams status in the Russian First Division.

A few of the more notable performers of the season were as follows:

GK

Vyacheslav Bazilevych - young Ukrainian GK, signed on a free, definitely one of the best players at the club

DEF

Evgeny Pankov - probably the best player already in the squad when i took over

Vladimir Paskayants - big man at the back, chipped in with a few goals later in the season too

Marat Magkeev - CB partner of Paskayants, may find himself on the bench next season though if my plans come to fruition

MID

Alexey Yedunov - one of a few players who rotated in the CM position

Amir Kashiev - featured more in the second half of the season, solid without being spectacular

Alim Mikheev - one of my wingers, again nothing too special here

Eric Ndjock - real talent for the future, picked up on a free, first pick in midfield now

Marek Kuzma - started out up front, but switched to right wing and was a big player for us

ATT

Yuriy Sarasek - another free player who i think could be a big player for the club, made a big impact when he arrived

Andrew Vasilenko - young player who i was forced to use early in the season, youngest scorer in clubs history, netting 2 months before his 16th birthday

Narek Beglaryan - another free signing, scored some valuable goals, when hes good hes really good, but anonymous at other times

Top Scorer - Marek Kuzma/Narek Beglaryan - 11 goals
    Highest Average Rating - Marek Kuzma - 7.07
    Fans Player of The Year - Marek Kuzma

Going forward i believe, after the way the team turned the season around after the winter break, that with a few choice additions to the squad, we could have a real chance of pushing on quite a bit in the coming season. However a lot of what happens will depend on the financial situation, which isnt too good at the moment

Code:
    Season          Division                    Position       Achievements
    2012/2013       Russian First Division      15th	   Safety

Amateur
    AS Cannes, France, Big Euro Nation Challenge

Started the new season with a 1-1 draw away at St. Pauli. They scored first in the 1st half but i managed to motivate my boys in the second half and got the equalizer.

Amateur

FML!!! I drew 4-4 in the final play-off match after losing 4-2 in the 1st leg, so the other team didnt score an away goal and i did, i also finished 2 places and 8 points above them and still they win the match because they were the higher seeded team!!!! Whats all that about??

Part-Timer

RasenBallsport Leipzig 2014-15 Season Review

ANOTHER SONG

LEAGUE

We built on last season's promise and bested ourselves. The board came to me at the beginning expecting promotion- while I knew my team had lots of quality I was nervous that maybe the pressure would be too much. However, we not only earned promotion to the Bundesliga, but we won our division outright with three games left to play and only lost two matches all season. For the last three games, I played an XI mostly consisting of fringe players, subs, and youngsters who could use more playing time.

League Table
    Fixtures 1
    Fixtures 2

CUP

This time around, we were much luckier with the draw and made it all the way to the quarter-final, where we fell to Werder Bremen in a thrilling match that we probably could have won with just a bit more luck.

PLAYERS

The players performed admirably all-around. First, I brought in Martin Dubravka for free because his contract had expired after the previous season, and he was very good in goal for me. The defense was anchored down by new signing Kamil Dankowski and my Portuguese prospect Celso. Junior Kalala developed well this season and performed very well as my club's anchor man, while the right flank was largely played by expensive signing Fin Bartels. Bartels didn't quite live up to his price tag, but I am still pleased overall. Plus, my young team needed experience. Once again, Sven Noguera led my front two and topped the league scoring chart- hard to believe he's still only 18 years old!

Prospects Update

Deodatus Ashong (20 y/o, DC)
    Matjaz Vidovic (19 y/o, DR, Last Season)
    Filippo Gaudenzi (19 y/o, DL)
    Henrik Yngvesson (23 y/o, MR, Last Season)
    Sven Noguera (18 y/o, ST, Last Season)
    Celso (22 y/o, DC, Last Season)
    Can Tomac (20 y/o, ST)
    Junior Kalala (21 y/o, DM, Last Season)

Again, a few more of them, but these are the cream of the crop.

Squad 1
    Squad 2
    Transfers

MISCELLANEOUS

Average attendance fell from 12,564 last year to 10,973 this year. I'm sure that will go up next year!

NEXT SEASON

TOP-FLIGHT FOOTBALL IS RETURNING TO LEIPZIG! I am not overly worried about staying up, but I do wonder how my youngsters (average squad age of 21 y/o) will perform on the big stage. Should be very interesting indeed!

Code:
    SEASON LEAGUE POSITION CUP EUROPE ACHEIVEMENTS
    2012-13 Third Division 1st! N/A N/A Promotion!!!, D3 MotY
    2013-14 Second Division 3rd 1st Rnd N/A Play-off (lost)
    2014-15 Second Division 1st! Q-F N/A Champions! Promoted!

Semi Pro

SV Wuppertaler Go marching on

German 2nd Division
    League Table http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...iew_Stages.png
    Finances - 2million
    Transfers - http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/..._History-3.png
    League Summary
    Well this wasnt what i was expecting at all i was expecting a couple of years in the 2nd division but my boys got me up at the first time of asking i will need to improve my squad heavily if i am to avoid relegation

Fixture List
    http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...Fixtures-4.png
    http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...Fixtures-5.png

Aims for next season is avoid relegation

Couple of players i have found
    http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png
    http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png - next owen apprently
    http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png - next jagielka

Semi Pro

Congratulations on survival G-Wiz and on promotion toonbalmy, I'm a big fan of Sadler.
    Last edited by PRDH; 14-11-2011 at 22:01.

Amateur

And to top it all off my board have sold my 46 goals this season forward for £2.7m to Rangers, Good amount of money but he nearly single handedly got me promoted.

Youth Team

Andy Sava - congrats on your title. seems nothing less cuts it with RB Leipzig!!
    brettney1980 - congrats on european qualification...
    Arranobeltza - congratulations on reaching the Bundesliga
    LLR - looking good for promotion mate - keep it up!

tommy1872 - gutted for you - good luck with Clyde mate
    iacovone - unlucky in the play-offs. good luck next season.
    macshimmy - welcome and good luck with Elgin.
    tacticalgenius - welcome and good luck.
    G-Wiz - well done on staying up. looking forward to your progress next season.

Youth Team

SV Waldhof Mannheim have their first full international... Nicolao Dumitru has just won his first cap for Romania. not bad for a little German 3rd division team!!

Amateur

F.C. Pampilhosa 2017/18 End of Season Update

Pampilhosa struggle but survive

League Table
    Graph
    Transfer Summary
    Finances

After our unexpected promotion I figured this season was going to be tough and I was not disappointed. As soon as they returned from holiday, I assigned all our players plenty of time with the sports psychologist* to make sure they could cope with the odd thrashing and still perform against the teams we needed to beat in order to stand a chance of staying up.

*not an actual feature of the game - maybe they can add it to FM13 !

We still have the smallest stadium of any club in the division at 1,000 fans and no money to spend. However we have wheeled and dealed to get this far and we aren't going to stop now ! A new stadium is on the way and the team needs to become one worthy of filling the 8,250 seats. Unfortunately, after player wage rises for promotion to the Primeira Liga i was only able to pay the wages of one new good player :

New Faces

Edilson - left back to fill a weak area of the squad, defense will be key so had to focus on that as a priority, unfortunately he didn't play as good as his stats are on paper but I suppose he made the best of a difficult job.

Season Summary

The toughest of seasons, at 5000-1 to win the league we were underdogs in every single game but there were just enough bright moments spread over the season to keep us and the fans hope alive that we could do the impossible and stay up. Highlights of the season were a 1-0 win against Benfica and a 1-1 draw against Porto both in front of the home support. Porto got their revenge when we visited them though, thrashing us 6-0, the worst defeat of the season.

We went into the final weekend with our fate in our own hands, 3 points and we'd be safe. Anything else and it depended on the Naval result at Academica. For 60 minutes we were getting relegating after conceding 3 goals, the first after just 4 minutes. But luck was with us and Academica finally broke Naval down and sealed our fates. I was quite shocked Naval went down given their squad and they hammered us but they have been on the slide for a couple of seasons and only finished 13th last year.

Martins and Ponde have been the most influential players, and both are making noises about bigger clubs now. Captain Ruben sadly can't cope at this level and will have to be replaced somehow. In acknowledgement of the service he has given to the club, he will be the first player to be inducted into the new Pampilhosa Hall of Fame. Immortalised on the wall at the entrance to our new stadium, which is on schedule to be opened this time next year.

Aims for next season :
    Avoid relegation

Code:
    CLUB HISTORY

Season       Team            League                   Finished  Notes

2012-2013    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     4th
    2013-2014    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     5th
    2014-2015    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     1st       Promotion
    2015-2016    FC Pampilhosa   Liga de Honra            12th   
    2016-2017    FC Pampilhosa   Liga de Honra            2nd       Promotion
    2017-2018    FC Pampilhosa   Primeira Liga            14th      Survived
    Code:
    TROPHY CABINET
    Code:
    PAMPILHOSA HALL OF FAME

Player               |  Pos  |  Apps  |  Goals  |  Seasons Played  |               Notes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ruben                |  DC   |  164   |   30    |    2011-2018     | Captained the club through 2 promotions

Third Team

Nice work on Survival there Rlips, I am trying really hard to get myself the promotion now...I need it this season my reputation is plummeting...

Amateur

END OF SEASON UPDATE 2012-2013

WELL I HAD TO START A NEW GAME SO I PICKED CLYDE WE HAD A GOOD SEASON WE FINSHED 2ND SO WE MADE THE PLAY OFF IN THE SEMIS WE GOT ELIGN CITY WE BEAT THEM 5-2 ON AGG AND IN THE FINAL WE GOT ALBION ROVERS WE BEAT THEM 4-2 SO WE ARE GOING UP !!!!!!!!!!!

THE LEAUGE TABLE

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...w_Stages-2.png

TRANSFERS

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...rs_History.png

PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...n_Overview.png

PLAY OFF FINAL

TOP GOAL SCORER

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ew_Profile.png

Third Team

Congrats on promotion there Tommy, looks like a good team you are building good luck next season. Could I jsut ask if you could not use all Caps as it makes it hard to read for my old eyes.

Part-Timer

Got offered the USA job and took it, but then saw the rule at the beginning and immediately just re-loaded the save from an earlier date. I feel silly.
    Last edited by ArranoBeltza; 15-11-2011 at 02:37.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ArranoBeltza View Post
    Got offered the USA job and took it, but then saw the rule at the beginning and immediately just re-loaded the save from an earlier date. I feel silly.
    Its all good AB, we all make screw-ups. I believe one season I accepted the Italy job before realising what I had done...you can always save it before declining and come back to that point at some time for a second save

Part-Timer

Its all good AB, we all make screw-ups. I believe one season I accepted the Italy job before realising what I had done...you can always save it before declining and come back to that point at some time for a second save
    It's alright, I just re-loaded from before and I figure maybe one day the job will open after I have completed the challenge!

Amateur

I'd love to do this, with a Russian side or something so to have a completely new challenge for myself. Currently biding my time in England doing Dafs. If I ever finish it, or get tired and need something new, I reckon I'll be sure to jump in here. Good luck to all those taking part.

Amateur

I had written a complete report of my Citta di Pontedera's first season in the Serie C1/B, but then all of a sudden the power went off!
    Can anyone please tell me how to get those "code:" boxes where you fill in your clubs history etc? Thank you in advance.

Third Team

[code*]Put a table in here, draw it up in Notepad or similar and then it appears lined up correctly. Remove the * from the first code box.[/code]

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1872 View Post
    cheers mate really gutted about my other game
    Tommy, much as I would like to be the only Shire save, it's possible that you may be able to retieve your save.
    First, are you just running with one save file. I would rotate at least three saves.

However if none of them work, go to the 'games' folder where the save games are. Right click on the file and choose restore prvious versions. You may be able to get the save before last back.

Anyway, give it a try.

Amateur

[code*]Put a table in here, draw it up in Notepad or similar and then it appears lined up correctly. Remove the * from the first code box.[/code]
    Thanks alot LLR!

Semi Pro

Thanks guys for the comments, i haven't managed to get any play time in the last couple of days hopefully i can later today.

Unlucky in the playoffs iacovone.

Goog luck in Scotland Macshimmy and in Germany TacticalGenius.

Did better than the media thought G-Wiz nice one, you looked quite clear off the relegation teams. Good luck nest season.

Congrats on another promotion ArranoBeltza, got some talented looking young players there.

Nice one toonbalmy 2 promotions in 2 is always a nice acchievement.

Nice one on the survival in the big time TanO, Portugal looks tough in the top division, the 5,000-1 odds prove that i'd say.

Good start with the new team tommy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast