Welcome to the fifth season of the Big Euro Nation Challenge, this year sponsored by iacovone, Lower Leagues Rule & rlipscombe in place of founder JoseRR.
The challenge runs similarly to many of the other popular challenges seen in the CSE forum (see dafuge's, Gundo's, Rancer's and Razor's) in that the aim is to guide a previously unplayable club from one of the below chosen league's to the top of the domestic and European food chain.
The Possible Countries
If you choose to manage in Scotland you should holiday for one year (as per usual) and then select the team that finished rock bottom of this league.
The League Rules
France | Spain | Italy | Portugal | Germany | Scotland | Turkey | Russia
Saved Games (holidayed):
I will add these as soon as I have some of them.
Unless otherwise stated these saves have a large database with All Players from Nation, and Top Clubs from Europe
Nation - Save Date - Team (SCO)
Spain - 8th July - Save
Italy - 28th June - Save
Portugal - 28th June - Save
Turkey - 18th June - Save
Germany - 18th June - Save
Russia - 18th June - Save
France - 18th June - Save (Veendee, Raon-I'Etape, Cannes & Romorantin)
France - 18th June - Save (Plabennecois)
France - 18th June - Save (Dunkerque, Amneville)
France - 18th June - Save (Jura-Sud, Alfortville)
France - 18th June - Save (Carquefou)
France - 18th June - Save (Rodez)
France - 18th June - Save (Louhans-Cuiseaux)
France - 18th June - Save (Yzuere, Vity-Chatillons)
Scotland - 1st June - Save (Queens Park)
Scotland - 1st June - Save (Clyde)
Scotland - 1st June - Save (Elgin)
Spain - 9th July - Save (Barakaldo, Caudal, Diter Zafra, Lanzarote, Algeciras)
As Scotland and France's teams are already decided at the save date above, I have listed the available teams in each save. For the French ones there are four teams promoted, in the lower ones down my list if less teams listed then that means those are the new teams there.
For the other saves near the bottom I have just listed the teams I found as rare in my constant reloads, if anyone wants them they are the same set-up as the others, just have teams available.
League Reset Dates:
A list of all the league reset dates are shown below. If you have found any changes to this, please let me know.
All are now confirmed as correct in FM12.
France - 19th June
Turkey - 19th June
Italy - 29th June
Portugal - 29th June
Spain - 9th July
Germany - 19th June
Russia - 19th June
Scotland - N/A
The Rules - Playing
1) Load One Nation Only (All Available Divisions within your nation)
2) Your choice of Database Size (Large Recommended)
3) NO Edited Databases of any kind
4) Customising Database
5) Attribute Masking should be Enabled
- Players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level)
- Players Based in (Your Nation only - This can add up to 50% more players to your game)
- If you wish to have correct club names etc - This File allows it without a database edit.
- NO other additional customising is allowed.
6) Optional Ticks
The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.
- Add Key Staff (This will give you a Scout, Physio & Ass Man by generating them if your club is without)
- Add Players in Playable Nations (This will ensure your club has enough players to start with)
Steps in the Game
1) Add yourself as an unemployed manager, you will not use this man to manage your club.
2) Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation (Should take about an hour)
Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.3) Retire your unemployed manager.
4) Add a new manager
a) Past Experience lowest Possible (Generally Sunday League)5) Choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.
b) Other options are up to you
Easiest way in FM12 to see this is using Overview Screen, if the right side of graph says anything but 11/12 this team is newly promoted.6) Manage them to National Title & European Championship
7) Celebrate Completing the Big Euro Challenge.
Other Things to Point out
1) If you are Sacked
(i) You can Restart from the beginning or;
(ii) Continue your game and pick a new club (Under Same Rules) at the end of the next season
(iii) Add another Big Euro League/Remove Current League, holiday a whole season and continue
a) You can still only have one nation running at a time
b) Once the league becomes active you MUST holiday a full season
c) The club must be one of those unplayable from the beginning2) No Restrictions on Parent or Feeder Clubs
3) No International Management until after completion
Signing of Players
1) You must be able to scout them
You don't actually have to scout them, just be able to2) Alternatively (If you can't scout them), you should bring them on a trial first
3) And from FM11 onwards Agents offer players, you are able to sign anyone sent to you via Agent Offer
(I suggest Screenshots of the offer)
The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited.
The Rules - Posting
1) Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
2) Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)
Expected Posting of Updates
We have minimum expectations when it comes to a first up post and also in the end of season updates. Here are some suggested ideas for screenshots, but also in bold is what is considered minimum for your updates. Please follow this as best you can.
Personal Page (Manager)
Overview Screen (Club)
End of Season Updates:
Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs
League Table (Competition)
Anything else is optional, but we love to see every little detail in your game, I will show some examples of updates down below in the next post so you can see some of the stuff previously posted. Progress of your club should be documented using this thread, we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly. If you title your end of season report in bold this makes it easier to identify. Everyone will be supportive, and really get into your game if you give more detail, I also provide a list of some previous star players that may have become household names in this thread.
How to Post a Screenshot
1) While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
2) Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
3) Save the file as a JPEG or PNG
4) Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack
5) Post the direct Url to the image here.
Alternatively using ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder. (You can also edit this in the shortcuts options)
The LLR Motivational
Finally I would like to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!
The atmosphere and contribution in this thread has always been excellent, long may it continue. As core members for every year, LLR and rlipscombe would like to add that we are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! We have had an incident in the past, lets not see it again - it spoils the challenge for the hard workers in here.
Away we GO!!!!
Credit to TIR669 for the new Logo topping our challenge