+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,500 of 5234

Thread: FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Amateur
    Sorrento, Italy, Big Euro Nation Challenge

How can i actually improve my players agression? I already have tackling set to more cautious and i still get red cards for very bad tacklings.

Part-Timer

Aggression is not the only thing that causes bad challenges/violent conduct. That is more the hidden dirtiness attribute. One thing to be careful of IMO is when a player looks fired up from a team talk. That is not a positive as far as I am concerned (despite it giving a green response). I fine all players for violent conduct, including youth and reserve players, and my squad discipline bar is always full.

When my players are staring to foul too often it is often because my mentality is too high/low and the opposition trying to attack leaves certain players getting pulled out of position and having to make last ditch tackles. I normally lower mentality and use hassle opponents and stay on feet shouts. If I then get control of the game I can revert to my more usual style. Retain possession and pass to feet can also work if you keep giving the ball away and find your players chasing the ball everywhere.

I have had 4 red cards and only 3 teams have less yellows in the league this year which is a fair number considering all my midfielders and my full backs are set to tackle hard. Strikers and CB are set to normal otherwise they do get sent off too often. Setting to cautious can allow players to dribble past a bit easier pulling the next player out of position to deal with it and causes them to mistime a challenge.

Amateur

Thanks marty, will try some of the things you do.

Amateur

gaaah! Lost in the CL-final to Barcelona, they won 1-0. We played really well and I think we deserved extra time, but it just wasn't to be! Hopefully we will be back fighting for a place in the final next year aswell.
    Better get started on the report...

Youth Team
    Neuer Tivoli, Aachen, Germany (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

i have just realised that i don't have a ave game from the end of my previous season so given i am in March of the following season my upcoming season review will be very short. i will then be back to normal for the current season. i will try and get this done over the weekend.

Amateur

Tough luck there silkeape. Good luck next season!

Amateur

Just signed Cristiano Ronaldo as a coach. He finished his career with 186 caps/109 goals for Portugal.

Part-Timer

AS CANNES - SEASON 2022/23

LIGUE 1

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Topped the league all season and, despite Lyon also racking up the points, eventually claimed our third title in four years. Our two defeats came away from home against Lyon and Lille who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We cruised through the group stages and scored freely, only losing away to Man City. We still could only finish second in the group and drew Man Utd in the first knockout round. After a tight 3-2 at home we traveled to Manchester for the second leg missing a couple of key players and lost another tightly contested match 2-0. Man Utd went on to lift the CL trophy.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

Beaten by Lyon 2-1 in the quarter final but we would take revenge in the French Cup.

FRENCH CUP

After a superb 5-1 semi-final win against Lyon we faced Olympique Marseille in the final where we eventually, and deservedly, won the game 2-1.

TRANSFERS

Jonathan Payne - Transfer listed by Arsenal so I got him for just £7.5m and have since turned down an offer of £21m from Man City.
    Magro - My marquee signing was top scorer in Ligue the previous year and after a slow start really got going in the second half of the season.
    Petter Berntsen - Young LB was a cheap acquisition and having played this year in the reserves is being promoted to the first team for next year.
    Eddie Baker - Needed to replace my back up keeper in January and found this guy with a minimum release clause of £6.25m.

SQUAD

Drazen Sukovic - Player of the year and the top of the Ligue 1 assist chart.
    Axel Jansen - The most reliable and consistent of our front men. A real handful for any defence.
    Marc Mitchell - Superb performances in the CL despite being below par in the league. Missed the second leg (and most of the second half of the season) of the CL at Old Trafford and we really missed him.
    Mathieu Chauvet - Creative midfielder continues to impress.
    Chagas - Our defensive rock in his first full season.
    Valentin Moulin (HG) - Still the highest rated home grown prospect and the closest to the first team.
    Graham Wakefield - Didn't play until the new year because of injury but has started to regain his form and attributes. I had feared him to be ruined so I was pleased with his revival.

RESERVE SQUAD

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake has a few decent prospects, all with the potential to be leading Ligue players:

Rehin Maharivelo
    Makrem Bellone
    Kouadio Kouadio
    Georges Ollivier
    Georges Colas
    Antonello Defendi

FINANCES

We finished the season with almost a £50m balance but have started upgrading both youth and training facilities and we also have a new stadium being built which will be ready in about a year. I am quite disappointed that it is only £24k approx but hopefully will expand to £40k+. We also increased youth network during the season and are now considered well established. This is how are facilities are looking now.

Amateur

unlucky silkeape, great experience for you, but agonising to come so close to a completion

Great season Marty, I really like your young Portugese HG player. Bellone from your youth intake looks good too. You've got a solid squad with a young average age I'm sure, building up a great legacy there!

Part-Timer

Yeah thanks aldojags. I'm trying to even out my spending as much as possible and am investing in youth. Trying to find cheap established players is proving very difficult. I've been looking for a right back and the one I felt would instantly improve us would cost over £50m. That's for a bloody right back.

Amateur

Great season marty. I am currently in the same situation, just finished my 25/26 season and retained the Bundesliga title. In CL we got knocked out by Chelsea in the 1st Knockout Round after 2 very close games. Currently i am in pre-season and will post a report soon.

Amateur

Got Inter in 1st KO round of CL. Beat them 2-1 on aggregate. Got the dreaded Barca in quarters. 1st game at home, they stormed into a 3rd minute lead. We pull level on 9 minutes. The rest of the first half is a close affair, until the 44th minute when Daniel Michel breaks through and puts us 2-1 up! I'm thinking, you beauty, if you'd offerred me that on 3 minutes I'd have bit your hand off. But more was to follow, as a corner is floated in, and it's that man Daniel Michel again, with a header, 3-1 in first half injury time. I then revert to "control". Early in 2nd half, Barca have a straight red card. I think this is my golden opportunity, to put the tie to bed in the first round, I go attack! Tony Champion immediately put's us 4-1 up, to send us into ecstasy. I sensed there were more goals, and, unfortunately, I was right, as Barca broke up against run of play, and Albert Carmona, who must have scored against us about 15 times during my career, makes it 4-2.

We go to the Camp Nou with a 2 goal advantage, but our best player on the night, Daniel Michel, will be watching from the stands as he's out for rest of season with a torn calf muscle. The burden of responsibility in our AM role now falls to club icon Oneil Tatlot, who at 30, I am thinking I will sell at end of season as injuries have robbed him of his super-human form he had for about 5-6 years. I don't know how to play the away tie, I'm thinking ultra-defensive, but I still can't see us keeping them out. I'm so annoyed I gave a goal away, 4-1 would've been a superb lead. 4-2 and it's still wide open.

AC or Man City (who in the group stages I beat 1-0 and 4-0) await in the semi's for the winner of my tie.

Reserves

Good effort Marty Unlucky with the loss to Man Utd. They've always been a bogey team of mine.

Amateur

Good luck with Barca aldojags. I was close in my save when i faced them but they ran out winners in the end.

Amateur

Just had a look at my fixtures this season and the last 2 games will be against Bayern and Dortmund. That's some ending to a season.

Amateur

You don't want to go into that needing 6 points Andy

Amateur

Holstein Kiel - 2025/2026

Season Overview

League Finish - 1st
    Media Prediction - 2nd
    Average Attendance - 20301

Transfers

Fernando Motta - <4(8) Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 6.84 Av R> - 1.6M Euros worth young argentinian talent. I have this transfer lined up for 2 years now.

Gil - <4(2) Apps, 1 Goal, 6.88 Av R> - Joined in January as a hot prospect for the future. Hopefully he will develop nicely.

Deílton - <8(3) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.78 Av R> - Another young player brought in January with a bright future ahead.

Nene - Not sure about him yet, didn't get to play yet so i'll have to wait and see.

Bundesliga

League Table
    Graph
    Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2
    Team of the Year

During the first part of the season our rivals managed to stay very close to us. After the winter break we put some distance and it was a good thing we did because we slipped up a few times late in the season and the points advantage helped us on our way to the 2nd Bundesliga title in a row.

German Cup

Fixtures

We advanced 1 round compared to last season and we got stopped by Dortmund again.

Champions League

Fixtures
    Group Stage

We handled the group stage better than last season but we still finished only 2nd in the group. Inter was a team we could have beaten but we had poor finishing in both games.

1s Knockout Round

We got Chelsea this year with the first game at home. When the break came Chelsea was already leading 2-0. After the pep talk the players started to pick up the slack and got the game level. A 2-2 draw in the end that i was happy with considering we were behind 2 goals after 45 minutes. At Stamford Bridge things were not better than in the first game and we found ourselves behind 2 goals again. We somehow managed to level the game in the last minute of the game. In extra-time Chelsea had a disallowed goal but managed to score the winner in minute 113. I was disappointed but atleast it got better than last year.

The Squad

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <46 Apps, 56 Conceded, 18 Shutouts, 1 MoM, 6.94 Av R>
    DR - Jaguaré - <43 Apps, 1 Goal, 5 Assists, 7.11 Av R>
    DC - Hugo Cano - <33(1) Apps, 5 Goals, 1 Assist, 3 MoM, 7.12 Av R> - Team of the Year
    DC - Nabil Dubois - <45 Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.12 Av R>
    DL - Alessio Natale - <44 Apps, 7.15 Av R>
    MC - Esteban Mansilla - <33 Apps, 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.06 Av R>
    MC - Joel - <44 Apps, 8 Goals, 21 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.30 Av R> - Team of the Year
    AMR - Silva - <46 Apps, 16 Goals, 23 Assists, 6 MoM, 7.43 Av R>
    AMC - André - <41 Apps, 8 Goals, 12 Assists, 5 MoM, 7.30 Av R>
    AML - Florent Sarda - <42 Apps, 9 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.19 Av R>
    ST - Lucas Roa - <30(1) Apps, 28 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 MoM, 7.54 Av R> - Team of the Year.

Others

Neal Evans - <16 Apps, 14 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.59 Av R>
    Florian Hadewicz - <15(4) Apps, 1 Goal, 7.10 Av R>

Conclusions and plans for the future

We are currently installing more seats to the stadium and improving our youth facilities. The finances are stable, what we lose during the season we get back when all the prize money come. I'm almost where i want with the squad, just a little bit more scouting.

Kiel History
    Code:
    Season             League                         Position                     Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
    2013/2014          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
    2014/2015          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
    2015/2016          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
    2016/2017          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
    2017/2018          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
    2018/2019          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
    2019/2020          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
    2020/2021          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
    2021/2022          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
    2022/2023          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
    2023/2024          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
    2024/2025          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    2025/2026          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    Competition Winners
    Code:
    Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
    2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
    2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
    2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
    2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
    2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
    2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
    2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
    2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
    2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
    2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
    2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
    2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
    2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain

Amateur

well done andy sava your squad like marty is looking stronger every year and are mostly quite young. Roa is stunning

Amateur

Yes he is, when he wants to be. In my current season he keeps shooting at the keeper in 1on1 situations. Cost me a game so far.

Amateur
    I will be the one that decides whether you stay or go.

I'll try to get this challenge going, and therefore Real Ávila have appointed a new manager.

Ávila
    Ávila is a city in Castile and León in Spain about 110km towards northwest from the capital Madrid. It is known for its remarkably well preserved medieval city walls, and the walls and the old town it surrounds are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Ávila has about 59 000 inhabitants, and while not a big city, it still is slightly larger than Villarreal and noticably bigger than Soria (CD Numancia).

Real Ávila CF
    Real Ávila was founded in 1923 as Ávila FC. In 1925 king Alfonso XIII was named as an honorary president of the club, and the club changed its name to its current denomination Real Ávila CF. The club joined the Spanish Football Federation in 1944, and began to compete in Thid Division. The history of ”Los Abulenses” is not that of great success, since their best achievement is an 8th place in Second Division B back in 87/88 and 89/90.

Real Ávila play their home games at Adolfo Suárez, which in the game can hold 5000 spectators (IRL the stadium seems to have a tad larger capacity and has some seats unlike in FM), and has fairly basic corporate facilities. Ávila U19 Squad plays at Ciudad Deportiva, which is the main stadium of Los Abulenses' local feeder club A.C. Milan Diocesanos. Interestingly, at least in the game Diocesanos are not affiliated with A.C. Milan. I tried to arrange a friendly with Diocesanos, but apparently they do not wish to play against bitter rivals...

City walls of Ávila (left) and stadium Adolfo Suárez next to local bullfighting arena (right).

Amateur

Welcome and good luck duccio

Amateur

Thank you very much!

Amateur

welcome duccio

Barca hammerred me 3-0 in Nou Camp to put me out 5-4 on aggregate. So annoyed, I bottled it, went ultra defensive, and was 2-0 down inside 13 minutes. Shocking. I need to seriously invest in this team if it's ever going to win the CL.

Amateur

Real Ávila CF – Season 1 – 12/13 – Second Division B3

Pre-Season

I naturally set out to rebuild the whole squad, which I did. Though, in retrospect I was a little bit too eager to get rid of my old players – I was hoping for some good free agents to eventually become interested in joining Ávila, but all of them decided to join other teams or in the end just retired before ever thinkin about Los Abulenses. I had to operate with a tiny squad and use no-hopers from U19s as a back up. At least I was able to get 2 players on loan for free from parent club Real Madrid.

Second Division B3TableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 20th
    Final Position: 1st
    After some initial hickups the team began to play really well, and won Second Division B3 without any problems. Promotion Playoffs were a different thing, and eventhough I did manage to get to 3rd Round of the Second Phase, Elche proved to be the better team. Close, but no cigar. Great season, but Ávila not promoted.

Real Ávila Players - Squad - Transfers - Trials

Daniel Carvajal - DR
    Right back on a 2 year loan from Real Madrid. I had to often play him as a DL which is not his natural position, but he did well enough.

Rodrigo Battaglia - DM
    Argentinian with great attributes for this level. Didn't perform quite as well as could have been expected, but never failed either.

Mauricio Carrasco - ST
    2009 Copa Libertadores winner was in great form.

Gabriel Pérez Tariffa - ST
    Not as prolific as Carrasco, but was still a very effective.

Remarks

For the next season my board has decided to basically halve my wage budget (I was way under it this season). I guess they did this because the club is in the red, but I'm positive the situation can be improved next season when Los Abulenses will take part in the Spanish Cup. Anyway, the halving means that once the players I have already agreed to sign arrive, I will be paying several thousands of Pounds a week more than my board would like. The problem with this is that Ávila will be in a poor position next January when its time to approach players whose contracts are running out.

Youth Team

Marty78 - congrats on another league title. Impressive performance. Fingers crossed for further progress in the Cl next season
    Andy Sava - congrats on another Bundesliga title. Lucas Roa is a cracking player! With him I am sure you’ll complete this challenge in the next two seasons.
    Duccio - welcome and good luck
    Aldojags - seriously unlucky against Barca mate. Been in that situation before – it’s knowing whether to stick or twist. I feel your pain.

Amateur

My reserves were making noises that they want to play more and since the 2nd round in German Cup was coming i thought what the hell let them play. We were playing BFC Dynamo, a team that didn't even play in the third division. When half-time came Dynamo was leading 3-0.... So i get Roa in the game at half-time, he scores a hat-trick and we win in extra-time. I wish i could tell to those noisy players this: This is why you don't play in the first team you fools!!!!

EDIT: Oh and one of my defenders got sent off in the first half and we played in 10 for the rest of the game.

Amateur

Andy Sava - That Roa fellow looks like an absolutely great striker. I would think not many players in the whole world could threaten his place in the 1st 11.

Thanks for your welcomes aldojags & rlipscombe.

After the very good first season with Real Ávila I thought the next season in Segunda B would be "easy". I have actually so far been in great form, but so have a few other teams. My group B3 seems to have some of the better clubs in Second Division, and the top teams have gathered more points than the best teams in other groups. After 18 games I'm in 3rd position 7 points behind leaders Alcorcon, who have only 1 loss and 1 draw. Alcorcon have 11 points more than Salamanca who lead group B1.

Part-Timer

Just took revenge on Man Utd for last year. A new 4-3-3 counter tactic got me a 3-0 win at Old Trafford. As they are CL, Super Cup and World club championship holders I am well pleased with that. Also England have won all 3 World Cups in my game.

duccio- Unlucky in play-offs. Better luck this season.

Part-Timer

You know you are a small club when you set a new record attendance of 1,463.

I have a long, long way to go.

marty78 - Good work against Manure. Don't throw it away in the second leg!
    Last edited by Lenzar; 22-07-2012 at 00:11.

Reserves

Taken a lot of beatings recently. Doesn't help that I've had to play Bayern, Leverkusen and Schalke in a row. Got a draw at home to Ajax in between losing those 3 league games.

Amateur

I've had an interested game away at Kaiserslautern. We were up 1-0 and suddenly 3 of my players wanted to go home earlier so they all got a red card. Somehow we managed to defend our lead in 8 men.

Amateur

Good 1st season duccio, both your Argentine players look impressive for your level of football, hope you can push on this year, although the board halfing your wage doesn't help matters.

andy sava - i have the same issue with my reserves, they all think they are good enough to play 1st team, I give them a game in the cups or against inferior league opposition, and we lose/draw, I wish it was an option to say "you see, you are NOT good enough for 1st team!"

Amateur

Season Review 2027/28

Ligue 1

Media Prediction: 2nd
    Finished: 1st

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

6th title in a row. Marseille won something ridiculous like their first 15 games, I couldn't catch them until about week 22 or something, when I overtook them and ended up winning league by 4 points.

Champions League

Quarter Final | Fixtures

Don't know what happened here I had typed it out fully and put it online, but I was editing my coding and wiped most the update!! Not writing another one.
    Last edited by aldojags; 23-07-2012 at 19:39.

Reserves

Another good season but a shame that you can't quite progress in Europe! I fear for my own progress having read about the chances of others.

Amateur

Good season aldojags, CL seems alot harder this year, or is it just me ?

Amateur

It's frustrating because I usually win my group, but I cannot get past Quarter final. Threw it away this season, 4-2 up after the first leg with Barca and blew it.

My request to expand stadium was denied, so I went to ask for new stadium, but it's already been requested? It's like it did it automatically without me asking. I can't find any details of new ground, capacity etc, it just tells me when it'll be ready, which is like 3 years away. I'm a club legend so would be good if it was named after me!

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

Hi Guys

Just completed this fantastic challenge, probably the most I have enjoyed one.

I don't get a massive amount of game time in so I don't do updates, here is my end of career highlight post.

Best Memory From Early On - Easy one. My very first game in the Bundesliga, FC Bayern away. 1-0 down at half time and turning them over to win 2-1, very proud of the boys that day.
    Worst Memory - a 7-0 drubbing from Dortmund.
    Best Signing - hard to call between 3.
    Jeroen Zoet from PSV for 250k, ended up my all time record appearance maker. The season before last I won the Europa League, it was to really be his swansong as I had bought a new keeper as he was getting on by this stage, he got a 9.6 with Man City having 19 shots on target and he just repelled them all, fitting way to end his unforgettable career with me.
    Nemanja Matic from Benfica for 600k. Was exactly what I needed, was just a rock and was one of the key reasons for my success early on.
    Ishak Belfodil from Lyon Reserves for free. He ended with 217 appearances scoring 157 goals, including just winning European Golden Boot.
    Best Record - Kartsen Kammlott, he was instrumental in the early days but one season in particular blew me away, 2013/2014, my first in the 2. Bundesliga, league stats Played 33, Scored 48! Was unstoppable and pretty much singlehandedly took us up at the first attempt.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by aldojags View Post
    It's frustrating because I usually win my group, but I cannot get past Quarter final. Threw it away this season, 4-2 up after the first leg with Barca and blew it.

My request to expand stadium was denied, so I went to ask for new stadium, but it's already been requested? It's like it did it automatically without me asking. I can't find any details of new ground, capacity etc, it just tells me when it'll be ready, which is like 3 years away. I'm a club legend so would be good if it was named after me!
    If it is the planning stage then they will tell you the price and capacity when planning finishes and construction begins. You may also find that the completion date moves forward by a year. I am a legend but my new stadium is named AS Cannes Stadium.

The CL is a bitch but I have finally won the group stage and play Valencia in 1st qual rnd.

Amateur

Good luck with Valencia Marty.

Yeh it is still at planning stage, so I guess I'll find out in next year or so what it's going to be called etc. I hope it's 40k seats at least, I'm selling out 20k every week so I want a good deal more seats.

Part-Timer

I was selling out 17,000 and will be at 24,500 so I'm not sure it will go as high as 40k initially. Maybe 32-36k might be more realistic. They sometimes bring the completion date forward by a year when it is three years initially so hopefully you will only have to wait 2 seasons. My 24.5k stadium is taking just a year to complete but hopefully yours will be quite a bit bigger.

Part-Timer

I have noticed that there is a lack of quality French players in my game. Trying to find HG nation players of sufficient quality is almost impossible yet English players are awesome and they have won 3 World Cups in a row. Strange thing is when I play in England it is the other way round and there are loads of quality French players.

Amateur

England have won 2 WC's in a row in my game. I must say I question the quality when 2 of my youngsters, Modeste and Alici, whilst good players for me, have senior caps, as they aren't what I expect of a France international footballer. France have dropped down to 21 in rankings in my game right enough.

Part-Timer

To be fair they are still 2nd but the first team are pretty much all in their 30's and in the first 11 two are players for me that have gained French nationality from Germany and Brazil. I only find it strange as I normally find wonderful French regens when I play in other countries. The odd one I do find will cost me 40 or 50 million pound despite not being quite ready for my first eleven.

Part-Timer

marty78 - Could you not just sign the excellent English players when they're still young enough to be HG in France?

Part-Timer

Nah because they do not look that much than my own youngsters at that age.

2-2 in Valencia after being 2-0 up. Both Valencia goals exactly the same, shoot from miles away and keeper parries back to striker. He won't play until after the second leg now.

Only managed a 1-0 win at home despite battering Valencia. Oh well were in the quarters anyway.
    Last edited by marty78; 23-07-2012 at 14:26.

Amateur

I had a bit of a mishap and managed to delete my FM saves folder (over 200GB of saves). I used a file recovery program to get the saves back, but I'm not sure of their integrity since I copied files on the HD before I noticed the whole thing.

Anyway, I created a new Real Ávila save. Here is my manager. Report of my new first season soon to follow...

Reserves

Bad times. Good luck with Avila

Very pleased to announce that I'm 9th after 14 games. Said midtable so not lied to them so far.

1 point off of 2nd place in the group stages. Still have to play first place Ajax away though. Rangers at home should be a bit easier. Dinamo are the team I can catch so hoping they slip up to the Gers and to Ajax.

Amateur

Real Ávila CF – Season 1 – 12/13 – Second Division B3

Second Division B3TableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 17th
    Final Position: 2nd
    2nd place after a strong season by Los Abulenses, but even on this save the Playoffs crushed the promotion dreams. I noticed that I have too many non-EU players to be able to register them all in Liga adelante, so at least without promotion I don't have to deal with that problem.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Once again I rebuilt the whole squad. In the beginning of the season no one worthwhile wanted to com on loan from parent club Real Madrid, but after showing good form for the first half of the season I was able to get a few in January. I'm very very happy that striker Álvaro Morata came to Ávila, and he will also remain at the club for the next season.

Jorge Casado - DL
    Loan from Real Madrid and will join Ávila on free transfer. Filled his place well, but definetely lacks stamina and strength.

Álvaro Mejía - DM
    Signed on free transfer, Mejía is an experienced DM who has played about 40 games for Real Madrid first team. Will probably become captain, if my current captain, declining veteran DM Camacho, leaves.

Mauricio Carrasco - ST
    2009 Copa Libertadores winner (that is what it says in his Achievements, but I wonder how many games he played) was in great form.

Álvaro Morata - ST
    Great young striker on loan from Los Merengues. He can only become better, and I think he has a good chance to become a Liga BBVA class striker. I'm not quite sure he can cut it at Real Madrid though.

Remarks

Like on the previous save, Ávila is about £250K in the red and the board has decided to cut the wage budget.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Bad times. Good luck with Avila
    Thanks for the good luck wishes.

I don't know how I was able to delete the whole save folder - and I've done it before with a video folder. After I swithed to Win7, it seems to sometimes select the whole folder instead of a few files inside of it. Or rather I just screw up the whole thing.

Part-Timer

I'm on for the quadruple this year. Have already both domestic cups in the bag and I am 1 point clear of OM with a game in hand with 4 to play and I also face them in the CL final. Strange as this year I have been disappointed with our performances at times but we keep getting results.

Amateur

Bloody hell marty that is impressive stuff! Good luck in the CL, another completion for France...?

Youth Team

Aldojags - congrats on ANOTHER league title. You have got france well and truly sewn up now. Time to conquer Europe!
    Duccio - seriously unlucky mate… good luck with Real Avila. Unlucky missing out on promotion this season. Hopefully you can make the step next year.
    Marty78 - good luck mate. Sounds like you’re in a really strong position…

Part-Timer

Ha Ha. I ended winning title by 10 points as OM imploded. Just about to play the CL final and OM have a few players missing and I am missing just 1. Fingers crossed.

Part-Timer

Match Stats

Quadruple complete

A video of the winning goal but it isn't great, I think I must have done something wrong.

Last edited by marty78; 23-07-2012 at 21:01.

Amateur

People are so polite in this thread. Thanks for your good luck wishes again rlipscombe. Quadruple you say marty78, I'm not sure if I've ever won quadruple. Well done.

Meanwhile Real Ávila have signed Miki Roqué...

Amateur

Congrats on completion marty. Well done!

Reserves

Well done on completing this Marty. I remember when I started (and failed) with AS Cannes. Cant believe it was before you! If only I hadnt got the sack

I think I'll try this again. Fancying Scotland a lot...

Part-Timer

AS CANNES - SEASON 2023/24

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The group stages were tight this year due to the performances of surprise package FC Twente who were responsible for knocking holders Man Utd out of the competition. With wins against Valencia, Inter Milan (away goals) and Real Madrid we then met fellow French side Olympique Marseille in the final. I was perhaps a little lucky to meet a team I beat time and again domestically. AS Cannes win the European Champions League with a 1-0 win, although to be fair we were unlucky not to add to that with our 5 CCC to OM's 0.

LIGUE 1

Although we finished 10 points clear it was actually much tighter than that and only OM's implosion at the death allowed us such a large margin of victory. In spite of this I am disappointed with our performances this year and will create 3 new tactics from scratch during the off season to play the more attractive football of the last couple of years.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

FRENCH CUP

Another cup win with a 2-0 win in the final against Havre AC, although we played awful and were very lucky to walk away with a win. I almost felt guilty as if I had lost like that I would be fuming.

COUPE DE LA LIGUE

We used a few young players in this years cup and four homegrown finished on the pitch to see us lift the cup with a 2-0 win.

TRANSFERS

Most of this years transfers are youngsters with high potential so very few have had an impact on the first team. I will give one of them a mention though. I signed a forward in January as I felt we needed another striker due to injuries and poor form. I sold Graham Wakefield for £5m as he had been savaged by injury in the last couple of seasons and was considered no longer good enough. I replaced him with Mirko Damjanovic.

SQUAD

Not going to go into too much detail with the players as few actually stood out as it was more of a team effort. Strangely I felt this year we played some of our poorest football for a few years yet we had our best season in terms of trophies.

Magro - My best striker had the most goals and highest average rating in Ligue 1.
    Richard Basit - One of the highest rated players in the squad.
    Chagas - Wish I had a few more like him. Lots of goals from indirect free-kicks. I set to aim for strongest header. Nominated for World player of the year.
    Jonathon Payne - I have struggled to find wingers and would like another like him to play on the left wing.

RESERVES

UNDER 19'S

This years youth intake has 4 players that received youth contracts:

Richard Dobis
    Adel Guerin
    Alexandre Deblanche
    Erdogan Yigit

FINANCES

We are in a great financial position after our great success this year and with a new stadium opening the future looks bright. If we can a wage budget close to Lyon and PSG we could dominate for many years to come.

Reserves

Congrats Marty. Great to see a completion!

Also, I qualified from the group stages of the Europa League! Beat Rangers 3-0 at home to sneak 2nd place over Ajax. They were first going into the last game but they lost to Dinamo Moscow who finished top. Beat Ajax on head to head. And even then it was because I drew 0-0 at home and 1-1 away!

And I shall be playing Lille in the 1st Knockout Round.
    Last edited by minisav; 24-07-2012 at 13:47.

Amateur

Holstein Kiel - 2026/2027

Season Overview

League Finish - 1st
    Media Prediction - 2nd
    Average Attendance - 22639

Transfers

Took a break from the transfer market and only signed one backup goalkeeper.

Bundesliga

League Table
    Graph
    Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2
    Team of the Year

It's been tougher this year because Bayern actually started playing football again and we fought for the title until the last game. We didn't have the best start to the season but we picked ourselves up and managed to win the title again in the final game with a win at home against Dortmund.

German Cup

Fixtures

Managed to get to quarter-finals where we lost against Bayern.

Champions League

Fixtures
    Group Stage

The group stage was fairly easy and we only lost to R. Madrid and even then it was pretty close.

1st Knockout Round

This stage is starting to freak me out. I can't seem to get past it. This year we faced last season's finalists At. Madrid. We got a 0-0 draw in the first game at home and we lost 2-0 away. Another year another disappointment. I guess i'll have to wait a few more seasons until my players get more experience.

The Squad

First Eleven

GK - Madson - <46 Apps, 38 Allowed, 19 Shutouts, 7.03 Av R> - Team of the Year
    DR - Jaguaré - <34 Apps, 1 Assist, 7.15 Av R>
    DC - Hugo Cano - <40(4) Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 7.29 Av R> - Team of the Year
    DC - Nabil Dubois - <46 Apps, 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.25 Av R>
    DL - Alessio Natale - <34(1) Apps, 4 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.34 Av R> - Team of the Year
    CM - Esteban Mansilla - <24(2) Apps, 1 Assist, 6.99 Av R>
    CM - Joel - <45(1) Apps, 10 Goals, 25 Assists, 2 MoM, 7.38 Av R - Team of the Year
    AMR - Silva - <43 Apps, 16 Goals, 13 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.45 Av R>
    AMC - André - <42(2) Apps, 9 Goals, 11 Assists, 3 MoM, 7.28 Av R> - Team of the Year
    AML - Gil - <25(9) Apps, 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 4MoM, 7.22 Av R>
    ST - Lucas Roa - <42(3) Apps, 48 Goals, 17 Assists, 14 MoM, 7.85 Av R> - Team of the Year and Europe's Top Marksman with 70 points.

Others

Fernando Motta - <9(21) Apps, 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.06 Av R>

As far as Bundesliga goes it has been a good season. When it comes to CL it's clear to me now that it can't be done without experienced players. My style of management of searching for young talent and developing this players has no chance of winning Champions League. I like this style though and i will not give up on it so i will just wait untill the players i have get mature enough to face the likes of Barcelona and win the games.

Kiel History
    Code:
    Season             League                         Position                     Achievements
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013          German Third Division          14th                         Avoided Relegation
    2013/2014          German Third Division          9th                          N/A
    2014/2015          German Third Division          1st                          Promotion & Third Division Winners
    2015/2016          German Second Division         13th                         Avoided Relegation
    2016/2017          German Second Division         2nd                          Promotion
    2017/2018          Bundesliga                     14th                         Avoided Relegation
    2018/2019          Bundesliga                     4th                          Qualified for Champions League, German Cup Winners
    2019/2020          Bundesliga                     3rd                          Qualified for Champions League, EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
    2020/2021          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Quarter-Finals
    2021/2022          Bundesliga                     4th                          EURO Cup Semi-Finals
    2022/2023          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round
    2023/2024          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round, German Cup Semi-Finals
    2024/2025          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    2025/2026          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    2026/2027          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    Competition Winners
    Code:
    Season          Bundesliga          German Cup          Champions League          EURO Cup                Euro Champ          World Cup
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/2013       FC Bayern           Stuttgart           R. Madrid                 Man City            
    2013/2014       Schalke             Leverkusen          R. Madrid                 Olympique Lyonnais                          Scotland
    2014/2015       FC Bayern           Koln                Benfica                   Liverpool
    2015/2016       FC Bayern           Leverkusen          Man Utd                   Roma                    Belgium
    2016/2017       Leverkusen          FC Bayern           Barcelona                 Sporting
    2017/2018       FC Bayern           Hoffenheim          Liverpool                 OM                                          Belgium
    2018/2019       FC Bayern           Kiel                FC Bayern                 Man City
    2019/2020       FC Bayern           Koln                Man Utd                   Juventus                Germany
    2020/2021       FC Bayern           FC Bayern           At. Marid                 Valencia
    2021/2022       FC Bayern           Mainz               Barcelona                 Sevilla                                     Croatia
    2022/2023       Kiel                Mainz               Barcelona                 At. Bilbao
    2023/2024       FC Bayern           Dortmund            Barcelona                 Roma                    Belgium
    2024/2025       Kiel                Schalke             Inter                     Valencia            
    2025/2026       Kiel                Mainz               Inter                     Benfica                                     Spain         
    2026/2027       Kiel                Frankfurt           Inter                     Juventus
    Last edited by Andy Sava; 24-07-2012 at 15:27.

Reserves

I've decided to go as a Turkish club due to no one having a completion in Turkey (Hopefully I will be the first!). I'm just going to call them Diskispor because anything else would be impossible.

Manager Information

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Squad

Club Information

Thoughts

We're predicted to finish last so there is no real expectation. Hopefully I can avoid relegation though and push for promotion in the following season. The clubs at this level are all professional which is quite impressive compared to nations like Belgium whose third level is partially amateur. We have a small stadium so there is only one way we can go in terms of that (although I hope I dont end up getting a spanking new 4k capacity stadium 2 years into the save, to have to wait 20 seasons for a new one). The squad looks thin but I have a very large wage budget so I doubt many of them will survive the step up. I Will update you all with my first end of season report in a few days.
    Last edited by ri916; 24-07-2012 at 15:34.

Reserves

Good luck

Congrats on retaining the league Andy, pity about the CL again!

Had to reject the Schalke job and the Republic of Ireland job in recent times. Into the German Cup Quarter Final which is nice. All teams so far have been below the Bundesliga though so not a huge challenge.

Reserves

Andy Sava-You seem to have cracked Germany but you are left desiring a bit of luck in the champions league. This is what is irritating somtimes about this challenge I suppose, how the champions league part of it is a bit luck of the draw. It might take someone 10 years to win it, whereas another will do it in a few seasons. However I suppose it will keep your interest in the save as there is still something to do and aim for .

Amateur

Well that's a short club name Good luck in Turkey

EDIT: Bundesliga is ok now, i only fear Bayern stealing my titles. I think next season will be even closer since Bayern is geting hungry after 3 failed seasons.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Sava View Post
    Well that's a short club name Good luck in Turkey

EDIT: Bundesliga is ok now, i only fear Bayern stealing my titles. I think next season will be even closer since Bayern is geting hungry after 3 failed seasons.
    It's just a shame they don't have a nickname either!

Part-Timer

Andy Sava - I think winning the group is an advantage as it lets you playing the first leg away, which I think is a significant advantage. I played all my 2nd legs at home because of the draw and it made a massive difference. Winning the group is hard enough though. Better luck next year.

Reserves

Into the German Cup semi final where I will face 1860 Munich. Could have been Bayern or Wolfsburg so glad to get the weakest of the 4.

Bayern are 3 points off of Leverkusen in the league. However, they were 6 but just beat Leverkusen at the Allianz 5-1! Crazy score considering where both teams are and that Leverkusen still had 11 men. And Bayern had gone to extra time in the cup 2 days before whereas Leverkusen had had a 5 day rest.

Amateur

Bayern is a force in FM's Bundesliga. In my save even when they have a bad season we still have close games.

Amateur

Well done marty, fantastic job you've done there!

I've got to admit to losing interest in my save, it's the same thing year after year for about 6 seasons now, I could potentially boost us on a bit by spending some cash, but the club is roughly breaking even just now, with me spending £750k per week! I have £40m in the bank, and yet my transfer kitty is £70m, I don't think my directors are good at maths! So the money is there, but I'd bankrupt the club. Turned my save off last night and watched a film, I'll normally lie in bed watchin tv playin fm, just turned it off last night through sheer lack of interest. I feel guilty too, I've offloaded Tatlot and Larsson, 2 big players for me in past 7-8 years! Need to build a new team and I've lost the drive!

Part-Timer

I know what you mean aldojags. Domestically France is a bit easy and the CL is frustratingly difficult so it gets a bit repetitive. I think Spain would be a better long term challenge domestically but it would make CL easier to win if it is anything like England. (In that if you can win the league you can win CL.)

I am doing at least another season in France but am also considering starting again in Spain. I've heard Real and Barca make it a real challenge at first.

Amateur

I chose to avoid Spain, I thought overcoming PSG Lyon Marseille was hard, but Spain with Real and Barca I think it would definitely be the hardest league to complete it, except maybe for Scotland mind you due to lack of finance.

Part-Timer

Yeah, I think the league would definitely take longer but the CL would be much harder to win in most other nations due to the finances and reputation of La Liga. What I found in England was that the CL was hard to break into but once I did reach it the club kicked on very quickly.

Amateur

aldojags - it's pretty much the same for me. Only Bayern is a challenge in Germany and when we go in CL matches it shows. Especially after the group stage. Yes there are other teams that can beat us when we play but overall only Bayern can overcome us. Also in my new season even if we remained in the same position in Europe we were seeded 3rd for the group draw and we ended up in a group with Juventus and Lyon. In the first game against Lyon we lost with a late goal from Lyon and we got a 1-1 with Juventus at home after we dominated the match. Roa is showing signs of an awesome season to come but i think Bayern will get this year's title as we seem to have lost our form from past seasons.

Youth Team

Marty78 - congratulations on completion mate. Some way t do it too with the quadruple….
    Ri916 - good luck in Turkey. Good to see someone giving it a go again.

Part-Timer

ri916 - Welcome. Good luck in the land of Doner Kebabs!

Reserves

So a bit of a tough schedule. Bayern away, lost 3-1. Midweek from that Lille at home (Europa League 1st Knockout Round) where I won 2-1. At the weekend we have Leverkusen at home before the 2nd leg midweek after. Bit of rotation needed!

Semi Pro

Well done on completion Marty78, finished it in just 12 seasons . Have to disagree with France being easy though , in my game France are up to 2nd in the Euro coefficients, most seasons get all 4 teams in the knockout stages, once all in the quarters. The season after I won the CL Monaco won it, won't be surprised if France will be top soon. Monaco are top in the Europe club coefficients and I'm 2nd.

Part-Timer

berty78 - Yeah, to be fair Lyon and OM always seem to challenge me in matches and do ok in the CL as well but it is the fact that, in my game, Monaco are a yo-yo side between Ligue's 1 and 2 and PSG have finished top 3 just once since I reached Ligue 1. I was expecting PSG to be like Man City but they very average.

Reserves

I got sacked . We were predicted to finish last and thats the position we were in when my time with Diskispor ended. I felt it was a little harsh to not let me see it out and give me a chance to lead them to survival but I guess I should have been less adventurous with my tactics. I'm going to Scotland this time, the main reason is that there is no relegation and therefore less chance of the sack!

Part-Timer

ri916 - My advice with Scotland is save in about January, and then every month, keeping an eye on SFL3's table. Ending up with Queen's Park will make things hard.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    ri916 - My advice with Scotland is save in about January, and then every month, keeping an eye on SFL3's table. Ending up with Queen's Park will make things hard.
    unfortunately I had already holidayed before I saw your adice but fortunately I didnt get Queens Park

Part-Timer

ri916- Good luck in Scotland. I'm doing so myself as you may have seen - I'm currently in season 2 and well on course to get promoted to SFL1. Beaten Caley twice in cups as well.

Reserves

Scotland it is and the bottom team at the end of the season was Annan Athletic! Should be a decent challenge but I think the biggest problems I face are overturning the old-firm and becoming a european force.

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Club Overview

Club Information

Squad

There are a few standout players that seem more than capable for this level so they will stay on, but most of the squad will be overturned. I'm aiming for promotion this season as I believe this squad unerachieved to finish bottom last year.

Lenzar- Just realised we're the same team . Sorry about that, if it was any other country I would just reload/choose another but I have to holiday the whole season in Scotland. Oh well, at least there will be some competition between us
    Last edited by ri916; 25-07-2012 at 13:44.

Semi Pro

Arrgh, I f****ng hate Monaco, lost the chance of a fourth straight Cup win after being drawn away to Monaco and losing. At least I'm doing ok in the league, but if Monaco win the CL again I may just have to add a manager to them and cripple their team and finances.

Good luck in Scotland btw ri916.

Reserves

Good luck ri916, you'll need it!

Out of the Europa League. Beat Lille 2-1 at home then drew away. Arsenal were too much in the next round. 1-2 and home and lost 2-0 away

Into the German Cup Final where I face Bayern Munich. They are chokers in the league. Every time they get an opportunity to overtake Leverkusen or catch them they mess up. I beat Leverkusen 3-0 at home yet they still bottled it and find themselves 2 points behind.

Amateur

I had 2 days off work and after an FM marathon i finished another season. Report coming tonight or tomorrow.

Amateur

A season in 2 days is pretty good goin andy sava!

good luck with annan ri916, scottish completion will be really difficult!

Amateur

Yeah, i kept FM open all the time and just kept playing while doing some cleaning and other house work

Reserves

Same here Andy, I'm currently on puppy watch whilst my parents work. He's 9 weeks old so he's a bit exuberant!

Nearing the end of my season, will get an update out at some point tonight.

Semi Pro

I've also got an update to do at some point, disappointed not to win the CL again especially as Monaco won it.
    I've also got the small matter of a Euro Championship to play with France at the end of the current season, interesting as we've got no decent 'keeper (my club backup is in the squad to show how bad it is) and a dodgy defence so it's going to be difficult.

Amateur

One of my greyed out players in under 19s is from Chinese Tapei, I want to sign him just for the novelty!

Reserves

minisav - 2014/15 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia (Wuppertal) - German 1st Division

The usual rebuilding but this time money was involved. It went both ways obviously as you'll see in the transfers. Most of mine went out over 48 months whereas I demanded most of the incoming to be upfront! But the incoming was massive. Was a shame to let go of players such as Lezcano and prospects like Wansi but for the cash we were being offered, I couldn't say no!

League:

Fantastic season. Told them I'd finish mid table, they were expecting that. I delivered. Refused to be bullied with only big losses to the big boys. Although a 3-0 win at home to Leverkusen was a pleasant surprise. So very pleased with an 8th place finish. If results had gone our way, on the last day we could have made 6th but we lost.

Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

German Cups:

Super Cup:

So the Community Shield of Germany. This was played halfway through my transition so naturally we lost. 2-0 to a side like Dortmund is not a bad result in all fairness.

Wuppertal 0 - 2 Dortmund

German Cup:

Fixtures - Final v Bayern

After our success of last season I was quietly confident of performing in this. Minimum expectation was the 3rd round. Breezed through them due to playing lower opposition. Once it got into the nitty gritty we got the fortunate draw of 1860 Munich for the Semi. However, Bayern were too much for us in the final. 2-0 at half time I made changes in personnel and in tactics. Unfortunately, it was only good enough to get 1 goal back.

Europe:

Europa League

Qualifying Rounds

So after winning the German Cup this put us into the 3rd Qualifying Round. As a Scotsman, and a fan of Aberdeen, it was nice to get Celtic in this round. My beloved Aberdeen, who had won 2 qualifying rounds, got gubbed by AC Milan . Anyways, went into the first match away from home hoping to get an away goal or two. Being 2-0 down at half time was very disappointing. However, we got 2 back to make it 2-2 and put me in a strong position.

At home it was a pretty drab affair. We were going through anyway but a 93rd minute goal sealed it for us. 1-0.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Groups

Drawn a tough group as the bottom seeds I was expecting to just enjoy the experience. Ajax, top seeds were obviously going to be tough. Dinamo Moscow were pretty much on par with them. Even as the weakest of my opponents Rangers are a tough team. They have Daniel Sturridge! Also not a fan of them so was looking forward to getting points off of them. I was pleased with my 0-0 draw in the opener at home to Ajax. We followed that up with a 1-1 draw away to Rangers which I was also pleased with as they are very strong at home. The 2 games v Dinamo Moscow were up next. We lost 2-1 away but managed to win 1-0 at home. We then played Ajax away and managed to sneak a 1-1 draw with an 82nd minute equaliser. I didn't know how important that goal would be.

Going into the last game at home to Rangers, I was on 6, Moscow were on 7 and Ajax were on 9. I was hoping to beat Rangers with Ajax hopefully getting a point off of Moscow away as I had a poor goal difference. I won 3-0 against Rangers and Moscow won 2-1. I forgot about the head to head ruling rather than goal difference. This is why I finished 2nd as despite drawing both games with Ajax, I had managed an away goal! Crazy. Talk about cutting it fine.

Group.

Knockout Rounds

First knockout round saw us matched against Lille. At home we took the lead, they equalised but we sneaked another to take a 2-1 lead to France. There we were strong and resolute to earn a 0-0 draw to take us into the next round.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

We got Arsenal in the 2nd round. We managed to snatch a goal but lost 2-1 at home. Could not turn that around and lost 2-0 away to see us go out.

1st Leg - 2nd Leg

Fixture list for the Europa League

Team:

Squad - Transfers - Information (I've been promoted to Icon!)

Used to do pretty basic EoS reports. Trying to improve them. Any screenshots available on request as always. Don't normally put players up as it really was a team effort but will post specific players if wanted.

Code:
       Season   |    Division    |  Position  |   Comments
    --------------------------------------------------------

2012/2013 | 3rd Division | 1st | League Winners 2013/2014 | 2nd Dvision | 1st | League Winnners, German Cup Winners & Euro League Qualification 2014/2015 | 1st Division | 8th | German Cup Runners Up & Europa League Qualification

Amateur

Real Ávila CF – Season 2 – 13/14 – Second Division B3

Second Division B3 & Spanish CupTableGraphFixtures 1Fixtures 2

Media Prediction: 9th
    Final Position: 1st
    Thoroughly enjoyably season in Second Division B! Good results throughout crowned with championship and victories in promotion Playoffs. Next season Ávila will be playing in Liga adelante.

Spanish Cup saw Ávila being drawn against lower league teams RSD Alcalá, Écija and Huracán Valencia before taking against giants Barcelona. Ávila were actually able to overcome Barça reserves and youngsters 2 - 1 at Adolfo Suárez, but I was lucky to loose only 0 - 2 at Camp Nou.

Real Ávila Team - Squad - Transfers

Miki Roqué - DC
    It feeled a bit strange to sign him, as you probably know Miki died IRL some time ago. RIP. Definetely the best DC I have though. He joined Ávila so late in the season, that the squad registeration window had already closed. I exploited a flaw (?) in the game to holiday a couple of games so he would get a few appearances. Hopefully the Spanish FA doesn't notice!

Alvaro Mejía - DM
    Dependable DM.

Gervasio Núnez - M/AM LC
    Skillfull Argentinian natural MC, who can even play as a DL as a backup of a backup.

Federico Laurito - ST
    My best goal scorer.

Alvaro Morata - ST
    Continued where he left off last season and scored consistently. Too bad he does not want to rejoin Ávila on loan.

Remarks

Games against Barcelona, especially the one at Camp Nou, were very healthy for Real Ávila's bank account. £617K earned from those fixtures is being spent to make Adolfo Suárez an all-seater stadium to comply with league requirements. Los Abulenses will play for months in Cebreros, some 47 kilometres away from Ávila.

Promotion celebrations

Code:
    Season          2nd B3          Spanish Cup          Achievements
    2012/2013       2nd             -                    -
    2013/2014       1st             4th Rnd              Promotion
    Last edited by duccio; 26-07-2012 at 02:41.

Part-Timer

Minisav - Your flying and have finished above some very good teams. Well done.

Duccio - Congratulations on promotion. I intend to join you in Spain at the end of my current season.

I have just got through the first knockout round of the CL with this result. It took me a penalty in the last minute of extra time to get past them.

In the league I am 19 points clear after 27 games. A bit boring to be honest so I am heading to Spain at the end of the season to start the challenge over.
    Last edited by marty78; 26-07-2012 at 11:02.

Reserves

I have had a really hard time building a squad for this season, so I'm not expecting promotion. I left myself with too many players to sign after releasing nearly everyone I couldnt find the right players to replace them.

Part-Timer

ri916 - I did the complete opposite. I kept folk who were close to being good enough until I had better replacements. I got a little lucky through having a couple of half-decent regens, but David Cox and Ian Harty, who don't have the best attributes on paper, were excellent for me.

Stick at it, though, I'm sure you'll get somewhere.

Amateur

Holstein Kiel - 2027/2028

Season Overview

League Finish - 2nd
    Media Prediction - 2nd
    Average Attendance - 27319

Transfers

Continued with signing of youth players to develop. Heitor, Augusto and Didier Bertrand came at the beginning of the season. Julien Nicolas joined us in May after he was released by Lyon.

From the 4 i have hope for Bertrand and Nicolas.

Bundesliga

League Table
    Graph
    Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2
    Team of the Year

Definitely not one of our best seasons but we still managed to finish second. We lost to many points in the first part of the season and we had to stay behind Bayern for the rest of the season. To be hones i don't know what would have happened if we didn't have Lucas Roa at the team. More on him in the Squad section.

German Cup

Fixtures

Won the Cup this year with a 2-1 victory over Dortmund in the final.

Europe

Champions League

Fixtures
    Group Stage

We only got seeded 3rd this year and that gave us a tough group with Juventus and Lyon. The first game was with Lyon away and we lost the game with a very very late goal which really hurt. Juventus proved hard to crack in the following game and even if we dominated the match we only got a 1-1 at home. Brondby was no problem and after them came Lyon again and they won after a stellar performance from their star player. We won 1-0 away at Juventus but it didn't matter anymore since we already lost qualification. Juventus went on to win CL.

EURO Cup

Fixtures

The moment we got knocked out from the CL groups i had only one thing im my mind to win EURO Cup. When the 1st Knockout Round draw came i noticed a thing which scare the **** out of me, BARCELONA. Yes they got knocked out from CL too. They got knocked out in the 2nd Knockout Round by Bursaspor and hope was restored for us!

We defeated FC Twente, Zenit, Leverkusen and Schalke on our way to the final with Roma. To be quite honest i had lost hope when i found out i have to face Leverkusen and Schalke because i hate playing teams from the same country in Europe. Even more so as we only managed to get 1 point from both our games with Schalke this season. However, we managed to win 3 out of 4 games and got into the final.

The final was pretty much awesome and we won it with a late goal from Lucas Roa.

The Squad

Will only mention the players who stood out this season.

Lucas Roa - <52(1) Apps, 67 Goals, 12 Assists, 18 MoM, 7.85 Av R> - One of the best players i ever had in FM. I don't think i had a striker to score 67 goals in a season in the last few years. Actually i don't think i ever had a striker score 67 goals in a season.

André - <47(2) Apps, 10 Goals, 27 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.44 Av R> - The brain of the team finished the season with 27 assists. A new record for Kiel.

Silva - <49(2) Apps, 18 Goals, 13 Assists, 5 MoM, 7.28 Av R> - He has been great in the last couple of seasons, i am suprised he still didn't get a Brazil call up.

Joel - <52(2) Apps, 7 Goals, 19 Assists, 4 MoM, 7.17 Av R> - Another solid season from Joel.

Deílton - <48 Apps, 1 Goal, 6 Assists, 1 MoM, 7.03 Av R> - The young midfielder is developing quite nicely.

Overall it has been a great season but i am kind of disappointed of our league performance. Not geting out of CL groups didn't help either but at least we won EURO Cup which boosted our reputation a bit. Hopefully next season CL performances will be better.

Kiel History
    Code:
    2026/2027          Bundesliga                     1st                          Bundesliga Winners, CL 1st Knockout Round
    2027/2028          Bundesliga                     2nd                          Bundesliga Runners-Up, EURO Cup Winners, German Cup Winners
    Competition Winners
    Code:
    2026/2027       Kiel                Frankfurt           Inter                     Juventus       
    2027/2028       FC Bayern           Kiel                Juventus                  Kiel                    France

Part-Timer

Andy Sava - Well done winning Euro Cup. 67 Goals for Roa is better than I have ever managed with any player at any level.

Amateur

I did set him as a Target Man that season and somehow he did not get injured at all!!!

Amateur

Oh crap i fail...I did not register my main keeper Madson for Europe...So FAIL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast