Dam you SI!!!!!

no and no,

i fully understand why Si are doing the steam activation and the lack of dodgy versions doing the rounds (ie none atm) is testament that it should reduce piracy.

but this is tortuer, have game have beer, have to resort to playing the demo for another 12 hours :( if i had any hair i'd be pulling it out lol

You can't play the game until the 21st as it's Steam activated. It isn't actually SI's/Steam's or Sega's fault and infact it is the online retailers for giving you/distributing the game early.

I think he's just messing around, I know lack of seriousness is hard to tell on the internet at times, but I took it more as a joke.

Raises serious questions about the need to let consumers know about the inclusion of this type of DRM so they can make a decision BEFORE purchase.

No, if anything it raises serious questions as to why retailers will clearly flaunt the release date given to them by the publishers.

No, if anything it raises serious questions as to why retailers will clearly flaunt the release date given to them by the publishers.

So when I go to purchase the game tomorrow I'm hoping it says in big clear letters on the box that online activation required.

Otherwise...it's a bit off isn't it.

That's simple. An edge in competition. They don't care if you can't play it til so and so date, they get the sale.

So when I go to purchase the game tomorrow I'm hoping it says in big clear letters on the box that online activation required.

Otherwise...it's a bit off isn't it.

if you look at the image, down the bottom (In the middle) it clearly written. It also has it on the back of the box :)

"So when I go to purchase the game tomorrow I'm hoping it says in big clear letters on the box that online activation required. Otherwise...it's a bit off isn't it."

Hang on a sec. I'm guessing that you do already know there is on-line activation. Not sure why the labelling should be an issue for you. Everybody just chill out. :)

Whilst you are there compare the size of the PC game selection and your local video store to the size of the

selection on steam. If it wasn't for Steam I would find it really hard to buy PC games and might have to buy a console..... (I've just been sick in my mouth)

And by the way if you pick up a coffee on the way. IT WILL BE HOT.

They don't do it to "flaunt" the release date.

If you note, most online retailers have a guarantee that you'll receive your pre-orders on their release date. First Class post isn't guaranteed next day delivery, in fact on Royal Mail's website they have the estimated delivery time for first class post down as 1-2 days (some sites will say 1-3 days), but they aim to get it to you within one day. If all online retailers sent their pre-orders on a Thursday you'd have about 10% not turn up until the day after release, meaning the retailers would have to compensate possibly hundreds of people (for big releases, perhaps even thousands if it was a huge release) costing them money. Therefore, by following the Royal Mail guidelines and posting early, usually Wednesdays, they aren't breaking the release date, just merely making sure everyone gets their games on the release date and thus aren't doing anything wrong. Would you rather have a lot of people getting it late?

I'm actually quite excited about this years FM. I've not felt excitement about the release of an FM game for a few years, but after playing the FM12 demo, I can't wait to get stuck into the full game and push FC United to the Premiership. I think this years game is a vast improvement on last years, even though I still enjoyed FM11. Bring on midnight! :D

It is only me that seems to be the one thinking this is actually an amazing idea. It means if you are like me and want a physical version of the game you get to start playing the same time as the internet version. One of the mega positives I have seen about the Steam system actually.

I'm actually quite excited about this years FM. I've not felt excitement about the release of an FM game for a few years, but after playing the FM12 demo, I can't wait to get stuck into the full game and push FC United to the Premiership. I think this years game is a vast improvement on last years, even though I still enjoyed FM11. Bring on midnight! :D

[plug] The thread is up, btw ;) [/plug]

Quite frankly its pathetic, I have a game that I have bought, sat in front of me, yet I am unable to play because SI chose to go down Steam activation.

I own my copy of the game, I shouldn't be told that I can't play it till tomorrow.

Steam is your new best friend. Fm12 and Steam are conjoined twins, one can not survive with out the other.

You have received the game before release date.

If I'd known you couldn't play this till the 21st, nowhere on the box does it mention anything about dates. I'd have not bothered buying the disc version. Seems like its nothing more then a coaster. FM2012 the last version I get conned into buying.

SI have mentioned this in Sticky Threads on a number of occasions :thup:. There was even a thread saying when the game was going to be released :thup:.

I wish it was like the street date being broken where it ends up being released a day early and playable.

I too have recieved my copy today yet cannot play the damn thing tonight which is utter torture.

Was quiet prepared to wiat till Friday till the damn thing dropped through my letterbox and was sat their all shiny saying come on play me, you know you want too.

Sorry haven't lived on these boards endlessly waiting for the release. All I've done as in previous years is pay for my copy of the game and wait for it to be delivered so I can play it. Now I can't play it because of this stupid timed activation crap. That ain't right, I want my money back then until I can pay it. Why should SI be earning interest out of me when I can't use the product?

Sorry haven't lived on these boards endlessly waiting for the release. All I've done as in previous years is pay for my copy of the game and wait for it to be delivered so I can play it. Now I can't play it because of this stupid timed activation crap. That ain't right, I want my money back then until I can pay it. Why should SI be earning interest out of me when I can't use the product?

It's not SI who are to blame. It's the place where you bought the game, they shipped it too early

It's not SI who are to blame. It's the place where you bought the game, they shipped it too early

Read my post earlier in this thread. Companies haven't released it too early, they've sent it within Royal Mail delivery guidelines to guarantee people will get it on the day of release.

Read my post earlier in this thread. Companies haven't released it too early, they've sent it within Royal Mail delivery guidelines to guarantee people will get it on the day of release.

Well then no one is to blame, except the consumers who failed to understand that the game needed activating on steam (meaning you can't play before its released)

Quite frankly its pathetic, I have a game that I have bought, sat in front of me, yet I am unable to play because SI chose to go down Steam activation.

I own my copy of the game, I shouldn't be told that I can't play it till tomorrow.

yeah you have it a day early, whoopie!! its not suppose to be available until tomorrow so you having it a day early is the fault of whoever you bought it from. not SI/Steam/Sega

what a child!!

All new games come with a release date, this year for the first time everybody has to stick to that date, that's it, period!

Well I think it's out of order, I mean you make it so we get the physical release a couple of a days before so we can all start playing the same time if we wish. Even let us install it if we order on online so literally everyone that pre-ordered only needs to put in a code to activate so we can at 00:01. I mean this is ridiculous. You'll tell us next year we actually have to pay for the game as well.

I shall now be burning all my old Football Manager games in protest

I have no problem with the activate through Steam thing, that's not the issue. The thing that I think is ****, is I've been to a store bought a copy of the game, come home and can't friggin play it because of some timed activation crap. Nowhere was that listed with the announcement of Steam activation.

Archived