FM 2012 Editor

How would not including the editor in the preload cut piracy?

Gives you access to the Database so all you need is a cracked exe and dll files.

Why would it matter? You still couldn't play the game until it was unlocked.

People like to edit the DB before they start, doing this now would free up more time to play on release day

Its most likey that the database is also locked, so really having the editor without the database would be pointless, they are not going to unlock any part of this game before it is released, nothing to do with defending SI or being a fanboy, it just makes sense. They do not schedule their release dates around you lot having free time to update the database before you play the game, we all get the full thing at the same time on the same day.

You guys are just a handful. The release date is 21st, the data is locked until the 21st. For those who still are ..... enough to ask "why? I want to have full access to the game files through the Editor" Number one, just because you can preload the game doesnt mean you should be able to do "insert one of the so many requests that people have" while the game is locked on steam.

Number two: The game would be on torrent sites and cracked before the actual release date, and SI doesn't want that. And if you dont understand that then too bad. It's just how things work in the gaming industry.

Its most likey that the database is also locked, so really having the editor without the database would be pointless, they are not going to unlock any part of this game before it is released, nothing to do with defending SI or being a fanboy, it just makes sense. They do not schedule their release dates around you lot having free time to update the database before you play the game, we all get the full thing at the same time on the same day.

All well and good, but the managed to allow use of the editor the last two releases

The reason you can't see the editor yet is that this year it's being released as a separate "app" through Steam, which can be downloaded, of course, for free any time after release.

The reason we've done this is, by keeping it as a separate installation, it allows us to roll out updates to the editor much easier, as and when needed, without affecting the main branch of the game.

The reason you can't see the editor yet is that this year it's being released as a separate "app" through Steam, which can be downloaded, of course, for free any time after release.

The reason we've done this is, by keeping it as a separate installation, it allows us to roll out updates to the editor much easier, as and when needed, without affecting the main branch of the game.

Will this 'app' then be available to download at 00.00.01 Friday morning, same time as the game and does anybody know how big the file will be and how long it will take?

Also I'll have no problems downloading it at the same time just because I have the disc version instead will I?

Will this 'app' then be available to download at 00.00.01 Friday morning, same time as the game and does anybody know how big the file will be and how long it will take?

Also I'll have no problems downloading it at the same time just because I have the disc version instead will I?

The editor itself is only about 9 Mb, the data is already there.

Yes it should be available at the same time. It shouldn't take long to download, it's not that big as Kriss says :)

Would steam automatically download it when you finish the download of FM 12 ( not including preload ). or do you have to find it on the Steam store (if this, when would it be visible on the store)?

Pretty sure it will show as an option on the FM12 page once the game has finished downloading, I don't think you'll need to go looking for it.

Sounds like a strange reason to me. You should have been able to release updates for it anyway, included with FM as it was last year.

Is SI really planning on updating the editor separately from the game? If so, could I ask that you guys finish the Advanced Rules and include it without the need to activate it?

Would steam automatically download it when you finish the download of FM 12 ( not including preload ). or do you have to find it on the Steam store (if this, when would it be visible on the store)?

If it's like most other tools like this on Steam it'll be under Library. Change filtering from "All Games" to "Tools". If anywhere else I'm sure it'll be advertised.

Sounds like a strange reason to me. You should have been able to release updates for it anyway, included with FM as it was last year.

Is SI really planning on updating the editor separately from the game? If so, could I ask that you guys finish the Advanced Rules and include it without the need to activate it?

I don't think it's strange. Before if we wanted to make a change to the editor we'd have to push out an update to every single person who's playing FM in order to get it out there. This way we can only push out that update to those who are using the editor.

It essentially gives us the flexibility to roll out updates to the editor without having to wait for patch day for the main game.

That's not to say we'll have to, but it makes life a hell of a lot easier if we need to.

That doesnt explain why its not being made available and why we cant use it now though? If anything its easier and safer to relaese the editor before the game if its a seperate app?

That doesnt explain why its not being made available and why we cant use it now though? If anything its easier and safer to relaese the editor before the game if its a seperate app?

Because it's a tool associated with FM12 and the way Steam works is to make tools available after the main app is released.

Brilliant idea.

Is a list of new editor features available anywhere?

I'm a bit worried about this and would appreciate a response.

As someone who is in South Korea, where the game is region locked on STEAM and therefore there is no "Football Manager STEAM page" available. I am doubting the possibility of accessing this "app".

I had to gift myself the game through STEAM by setting up a new account and having my dad buy it for me (which is no mean feat considering how computer illiterate he is) - i've pre-loaded the game no problem, but still can't access any "page" regarding football manager and whenever i search for FM it just comes up with a "not available in your region" message.

How will people like me get the editor - if we have to access it manually? Will you please consider releasing a direct download link?

Many thanks in advance...

As someone who is in South Korea, where the game is region locked on STEAM and therefore there is no "Football Manager STEAM page" available. I am doubting the possibility of accessing this "app".

I had to gift myself the game through STEAM by setting up a new account and having my dad buy it for me (which is no mean feat considering how computer illiterate he is) - i've pre-loaded the game no problem, but still can't access any "page" regarding football manager and whenever i search for FM it just comes up with a "not available in your region" message.

How will people like me get the editor - if we have to access it manually? Will you please consider releasing a direct download link?

Get your dad to download it and send it to you? It's a stand alone application, so should be ok.

I have asked for clarification on this, so hang on a bit:thup:

surely a direct download from SI - would be easier than all of us expats pestering our poor old dads to try and do something that is completely alien to them!

or at least those of us expats in region locked areas.

Unless one of you guys fancy sending it to me once it's done - would be a hell of a lot easier!

Archived