Who else thinks its understandable what Im doing?

I won the FA Cup, which of course means I am in the Community Sheild. I was player against Sheffield Wednesday, who I did not expect to beat because they are the IT team of my game, having won the league the last two years, three times all together.

My theory about never beating them was getting closer to being confirmed after they scored 2 goals in the first 20 minutes. To my suprise, I came back to win thegame 3-2.

Needless to say I was chuffed to win a piece of silverware that I didnt not expect to win. But, my laptop sometimes gets over heated and turns of by itself. It did so straight after the game before I got a chance to save it.

Now, its my understand that if I won the game first time round then I was always meant to win the game. So I told myself that if I lose, I will quit the game over and over again until I win. I have now restarted the game about 10 times and have failed to win and its really annoying that after beating them once it seems impossible to do it again.

Would anyone else do the same in my siuation?

I won the FA Cup, which of course means I am in the Community Sheild. I was player against Sheffield Wednesday, who I did not expect to beat because they are the IT team of my game, having won the league the last two years, three times all together.

My theory about never beating them was getting closer to being confirmed after they scored 2 goals in the first 20 minutes. To my suprise, I came back to win thegame 3-2.

Needless to say I was chuffed to win a piece of silverware that I didnt not expect to win. But, my laptop sometimes gets over heated and turns of by itself. It did so straight after the game before I got a chance to save it.

Now, its my understand that if I won the game first time round then I was always meant to win the game. So I told myself that if I lose, I will quit the game over and over again until I win. I have now restarted the game about 10 times and have failed to win and its really annoying that after beating them once it seems impossible to do it again.

Would anyone else do the same in my siuation?

I think its justifiable.

If in the other hand u never won it but carried out this action then i wouldnt agree, but hell its urs rightfully :p

Long may u continue to wear the crown and not be thrown from the throne :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

It's entirely up to you what you want to do, and don't let others influence you.

Will you be happy to continue if you did that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am going to continue doing it. I just really wanted to see what other people would do in that situation or if it has ever happened to them.

To answer your question, no, I am actually not happy to continue doing it. Its started to get very frustrating and I would of been much happier just having the win from the first game against them.

Same thing happened to me. Title decider against Arsenal away and my team played out of their skins and we won 4-1.

Immediately after the match, my computer locked-up and short of performing a quality "Nobby Stiles" tap to my PC box, I reloaded. Lost the game on reload, using exactly the same game-plan and strategy and decided to reload again. Fortunately my team won second time around and I continued happy that justice had in fact been done. icon_wink.gif

Well I can understand your frustration so I can understand your desire to replay the match. To be frank it's not like you're changing anything if you replay until you get a win because you did win. If you are replaying matches you previously lost that may be different.

Of course it's not really for anyone else to judge you for cheating or not cheating. I wouldn't personally reload a game because I prefer to keep things as real as possible. If I lost an important win to a freak of life such as you have then I may be more tempted. The bigger the trophy then the more tempted I would be.

So go ahead and don't feel guilty for getting back what unforeseen circumstances have taken away. Don't get used to it of course. The more you do it the more likely you will be to think 'oh just one more reload won't hurt'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Well I can understand your frustration so I can understand your desire to replay the match. To be frank it's not like you're changing anything if you replay until you get a win because you did win. If you are replaying matches you previously lost that may be different.

Of course it's not really for anyone else to judge you for cheating or not cheating. I wouldn't personally reload a game because I prefer to keep things as real as possible. If I lost an important win to a freak of life such as you have then I may be more tempted. The bigger the trophy then the more tempted I would be.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know the community sheidl isnt really a big trophy but Im not a big team. Im still amazed that I won the FA Cup. But I am tryna to build my team up to be title contenders and at this stage, winning any trophy can only help.

Personally , and this is just mu point of view it depends on when the laptop crashed. You say it did it straight after the game. I take it you mean when you are giving the team talk.

If it was then I understand your frustration and can understand why you are doing what you are doing,

BUT if it was back when you have returned to the fixture screen and you can see everyone elses results then you are cheating. You knew your laptop was dodgy and therefore you are at fault and you dont deserve the win, you may aswell have played a 1-4-5 formation as it is still down to human error.

IMHO of course icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

Personally , and this is just mu point of view it depends on when the laptop crashed. You say it did it straight after the game. I take it you mean when you are giving the team talk.

If it was then I understand your frustration and can understand why you are doing what you are doing,

BUT if it was back when you have returned to the fixture screen and you can see everyone elses results then you are cheating. You knew your laptop was dodgy and therefore you are at fault and you dont deserve the win, you may aswell have played a 1-4-5 formation as it is still down to human error.

IMHO of course icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could I have returned to the fixture screen and see everyboby elses results? There were no other fixtures. It was the COMMUNITY SHEILD. Its just one game. No other competitions had even started. Teams hadnt even had there pre season friendlies yet. No other results would of held any other significence.

Also, it wast at the team talk. It was after the team talk. I was continuing the game, gettin ready for the friendly I had coming up when it happen. Even so, it wouldnt matter because my laptop turned of BY ITSELF. Its not like I had any control over it. I am not cheating. Why would I purposly reply a game over and over again that I have already won unless I had to?

Also, I dont deserve the win because I have a dodgy laptop and because I knew I have a dodgy laptop? Dont see the logic there.

Sorry, but I saw absolutely no sense at all in your post.

Needless, I have finally won again and saved the game straight after. All is good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How could I have returned to the fixture screen and see everyboby elses results? There were no other fixtures. It was the COMMUNITY SHEILD. Its just one game. No other competitions had even started. Teams hadnt even had there pre season friendlies yet. No other results would of held any other significence.

Also, it wast at the team talk. It was after the team talk. I was continuing the game, gettin ready for the friendly I had coming up when it happen. Even so, it wouldnt matter because my laptop turned of BY ITSELF. Its not like I had any control over it. I am not cheating. Why would I purposly reply a game over and over again that I have already won unless I had to?

Also, I dont deserve the win because I have a dodgy laptop and because I knew I have a dodgy laptop? Dont see the logic there.

Needless, I have finally won again and saved the game straight after. All is good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously I was pointing out what screen I was talking about when I said the screen where you CAN seen others result i was just given a example of the screen I was talking about (and it worked as you knew exactly the screen I was talking about)

Also OF Course it would be your fault if YOU haddnt saved after your game and YOUR Laptop shut itself down. You knew that it was dodgy and would shut itself down if overheated. Either dont leave your Laptop on for so long or constantly save your game.

Final point Why are you so defensive about my post. If you dont believe you are not cheating then fine. It rests on your shoulders. Dont see why you need to get so defensive unless there is something to get defensive about. Bizzare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How could I have returned to the fixture screen and see everyboby elses results? There were no other fixtures. It was the COMMUNITY SHEILD. Its just one game. No other competitions had even started. Teams hadnt even had there pre season friendlies yet. No other results would of held any other significence.

Needless, I have finally won again and saved the game straight after. All is good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously I was pointing out what screen I was talking about when I said the screen where you CAN seen others result i was just given a example of the screen I was talking about (and it worked as you knew exactly the screen I was talking about)

Also OF Course it would be your fault if YOU haddnt saved after your game and YOUR Laptop shut itself down. You knew that it was dodgy and would shut itself down if overheated. Either dont leave your Laptop on for so long or constantly save your game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, its not my fault because how in the hell do I know what the EXACT time is gonna be when my laptop switches of? It happens but it doesnt happen that often and I dont think about it all the time. It cant be my fault because I had no way of knowing it was gonna happen at that time.

And Im not getting defensive. I was just tryna understand your idiotic post. Mainly because you accused me of cheating, which I find really stupid because why the hell would I cheat when I have already won the match? Why would I purposly keep replaying the match?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Again, its not my fault because how in the hell do I know what the EXACT time is gonna be when my laptop switches of? It happens but it doesnt happen that often and I dont think about it all the time. It cant be my fault because I had no way of knowing it was gonna happen at that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You knew that your laptop was dodgy. If I knew that I would save asap especially if the charity shield meant so much to me as it obviously means to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And Im not getting defensive. I was just tryna understand your idiotic post. Mainly because you accused me of cheating, which I find really stupid because why the hell would I cheat when I have already won the match? Why would I purposly keep replaying the match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are THAT sure that you are not cheating then why are you posting on the internet asking people if you are or not?

You asked for peoples opinion on the situation that you present and when it is given you instantly get very defensive, just seems a strange way of going about things to me. If you wwere that sure that you werent cheating then you wouldnt need others to tell you what you were doing is OK.

I wasnt really asking if it was right or not. I may not have put it across right but I was mearly just making a conversation about something that happened in my game and see what peoplees opinion of it was and possibly, what would they do in a similar situation. I wasnt looking for advice on right or wrong because I had already decided what I was gonna do and I know its not cheating. I was mearly just tryna see what other people thought about it.

Shaun01, leave the guy alone.

He has done nothing at all wrong and you are trying to accuse him of cheating.

He won the game fairly, his laptop overheated and shut down.

He then loaded the game back up and was told he would have to play the game again... which is BS since he has already won it.

How is he cheating?

Seriously stop trying to wind the guy up.

Whoa there is no need at all for the abuse that I am getting here especially from "Get a life" And D.doyle(are you insinuating that i am bullying him?)

Read my first post again. Ill even quote it for you:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Personally , and this is just mu point of view it depends on when the laptop crashed. You say it did it straight after the game. I take it you mean when you are giving the team talk.

IMHO of course Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first paragraph I point out that what he has done is UNDERSTANDABLE

The second paragraph I point out a scenario (which has happened to me by the way) that if you get a good win and then don't save your game after then if something happens it is your fault. Im not saying his scenario is his fault i am saying that if you have had the chance to save and you didnt then more fool you.

Where in that post does it say that he is at fault for his situation? I dont like I have said I understand what he did and why he did it.

From there his post become more aggressive in tone with plenty of SHOUTY words thrown in and I found it strange he got so defensive about my opinion (that he asked for). I found that strange (and still do). Well sorry but im not just going to be shouted at for offering my opinion(again, one i was asked for).

He goes on to call me idiotic just because he disagrees with my opinion.(again defensive and more aggressive in tone than needed in my opinion). Again I'm not going to just take abuse lieing down.

To some up I said what he did was understandable. I then went on to give a situation where I think it would be cheating if a certain series of event (which have since been clarified as not having happened) But the point still stands and I still believe in my opinion that if someone has had the chance to save the game and CHOSEN not to then replaying the game is wrong and something I wouldn't do.

I think it's totally fine to do what you did. I do get the impression when I load up a game that my form has changed and you can't get the result you had previously. Go for it, like we really care!!!

On the subject of confession... I played a game against Man Utd. Because I hate them so much I added a manager called "fjapfjaslfj" and played the match two player. i used this formation:

GK Giggs

DR Rooney

DL Tevez

DC O Shea (should have one player vaguely in position)

DC Park Ji Sung

MR Van Der Sar

ML Kuschak

MC Eagles

MC Kieran Lee

FC Nemanja Vidic

FC Saha (he won't score anyway!)

My Derby team beat them 7-1 (Rooney scores wherever he is). Is this cheating???

I don't think he chose not to, I highly doubt it was a conscious decision after winning a big game, why would anyone choose not to?

It was simply that he hadn't saved YET. I do not save every 30 seconds, but then that is in part due to me trusting my laptop.

I guess he took umbrage with the fact that you told him in no uncertain terms that he WAS cheating if he went through to the fixtures screen, which he would not've been. Who's to say he would've been cheating even if he did have and see the other results available to him? At the end of the day, he won the game first time round, and he has a right to that win no matter what, because it was the original and true result.

Even if he went another month without saving.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I think it's totally fine to do what you did. I do get the impression when I load up a game that my form has changed and you can't get the result you had previously. Go for it, like we really care!!!

On the subject of confession... I played a game against Man Utd. Because I hate them so much I added a manager called "fjapfjaslfj" and played the match two player. i used this formation:

GK Giggs

DR Rooney

DL Tevez

DC Park Ji Sung

MR Van Der Sar

ML Kuschak

MC Eagles

MC Kieran Lee

FC Nemanja Vidic

My Derby team beat them 7-1 (Rooney scores wherever he is). Is this cheating??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha might be. Love the Saha comment.

Whoa there is no need at all for the abuse that I am getting here especially from "Get a life" And D.doyle(are you insinuating that i am bullying him?)

Read my first post again. Ill even quote it for you:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Personally , and this is just mu point of view it depends on when the laptop crashed. You say it did it straight after the game. I take it you mean when you are giving the team talk.

BUT if it was back when you have returned to the fixture screen and you can see everyone elses results then you are cheating. you knew your laptop was dodgy and therefore you are at fault and you dont deserve the win, you may aswell have played a 1-4-5 formation as it is still down to human error.

IMHO of course Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first paragraph I point out that what he has done is UNDERSTANDABLE

The second paragraph I point out a scenario (which has happened to me by the way) that if you get a good win and then don't save your game after then if something happens it is your fault. Im not saying his scenario is his fault i am saying that if you have had the chance to save and you didnt then more fool you.

Where in that post does it say that he is at fault for his situation?ive highlighted it in bold for you I dont like I have said I understand what he did and why he did it.

From there his post become more aggressive in tone with plenty of SHOUTY words thrown in and I found it strange he got so defensive about my opinion (that he asked for). I found that strange (and still do). Well sorry but im not just going to be shouted at for offering my opinion(again, one i was asked for).

He goes on to call me idiotic just because he disagrees with my opinion.(again defensive and more aggressive in tone than needed in my opinion). Again I'm not going to just take abuse lieing down.

To some up I said what he did was understandable. I then went on to give a situation where I think it would be cheating if a certain series of event (which have since been clarified as not having happened) But the point still stands and I still believe in my opinion that if someone has had the chance to save the game and CHOSEN not to then replaying the game is wrong and something I wouldn't do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but i found it funny

Anyone can see I was not directly referring to the first poster in the second paragraph and was just talking about the person in the imaginary situation that i had already established.

Again the first paragraph = directed at the poster saying that I understand what he has done and why he has done it

The second paragraph = referring to the aforementioned "fabricated scenario" where I personally believe it would be wrong to reply the game.

All subsequent post = Protecting myself from potentially libelous comments and general insults of me being a bully for just stating my opinion (which I still believe is right).

Ridiculous some of the post on this topic.

Bizzare some of the responses and peoples inability to debate a point without resorting to name calling, insults and wild accusations.

ShaunO1, you're making yourself look like a bit of an idiot mate, so just stop now before you make yourself look worse.

Yeh the guy shouldn't have put it the way he did, which kind of looked like he was asking for permission. He isn't cheating, in any way, shape or form, so he needs not to ask. But either way, he was just wanting to know if anyone else has done it and what people though.

Secondly, your original post was highlighting 2 hypothetical situations, BUT, and here is the key point, you had no idea which he would fall under. BUT, you stated that IF he fell under 1 or 2, then he IS 100% no doubt about it, a cheat or not a cheat.

Shaun, you dealt in absolutes mate, you made the rules up here that if his laptop crashed on the teamtalk then it is understandable, but if it did it on the fixtures screen then he is 100% a cheat. All your backtracking and *shock**horror* 'oh my god, I'm such a victim' routine is just making you look silly.

Just a question, do you save your game before and after every game? Or I should say, do you save it 2/3 times every 'game day'? Because I don't, I save it before each game (after I've done my team and tactics, which can take ages and I don't want to have to re-do), and save it after games sometimes, especially really impressive wins I didn't expect.

You were just being petty and arguementative for the sake of it. He shouldn't be expected to save his game several times a game day just incase his laptop crashed. In hindsight, after a big game, yeh, he should have. Thats all you needed to say. Either way, theres no way he could have cheated and he had every right to defend himself the way he did. Bullys always try to turn it round to make themselves look the victim and the victim look the aggressor. Good job, but it fooled none of us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSF07:

ShaunO1, you're making yourself look like a bit of an idiot mate, so just stop now before you make yourself look worse.

Yeh the guy shouldn't have put it the way he did, which kind of looked like he was asking for permission. He isn't cheating, in any way, shape or form, so he needs not to ask. But either way, he was just wanting to know if anyone else has done it and what people though.

Secondly, your original post was highlighting 2 hypothetical situations, BUT, and here is the key point, you had no idea which he would fall under. BUT, you stated that IF he fell under 1 or 2, then he IS 100% no doubt about it, a cheat or not a cheat.

Shaun, you dealt in absolutes mate, you made the rules up here that if his laptop crashed on the teamtalk then it is understandable, but if it did it on the fixtures screen then he is 100% a cheat. All your backtracking and *shock**horror* 'oh my god, I'm such a victim' routine is just making you look silly.

Just a question, do you save your game before and after every game? Or I should say, do you save it 2/3 times every 'game day'? Because I don't, I save it before each game (after I've done my team and tactics, which can take ages and I don't want to have to re-do), and save it after games sometimes, especially really impressive wins I didn't expect.

You were just being petty and arguementative for the sake of it. He shouldn't be expected to save his game several times a game day just incase his laptop crashed. In hindsight, after a big game, yeh, he should have. Thats all you needed to say. Either way, theres no way he could have cheated and he had every right to defend himself the way he did. Bullys always try to turn it round to make themselves look the victim and the victim look the aggressor. Good job, but it fooled none of us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Do whatever you want. I would say its justifiable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, but ask yourself, if you lost, crashed, reloaded and won, would you keep reloading until you lost?

TheRandomGuy, I have had this before, where it crashed after a defeat. And I was in two minds as to whether to play for a defeat, or to be cheeky and take advantage of God's work! icon_wink.gif

Not happened for many years so cannot say for certain what I did...like to think I took the defeat again lol.

Imagine...Would be well annoying if you wanted a defeat to be fair, but kept winning. You'd have to do stupid things like play a really weak side, or a keeper up front. But then that changes your whole game world; stats, morale etc etc. Not cool.

I generally can't be bothered to keep replaying until I get the same result, but I have done once or twice. Most notably was when I was managing the Faroe Islands in CM03/04. We pulled off a magnificent 1-2 win away to Portugal, who would go on to be World Cup and Euro finalists in future years, which gave us a very real possibility of qualifying for the World Cup for the first time ever (I'd been managing Faroe Islands for 7 years and 3 qualifying tournaments in which we'd finished no higher than 2nd bottom) so when my PC crashed I kept replaying that until we won again because it was a once in a lifetime result. Infact, so once in a lifetime that after 10 attempts I ended up adding a manager to Portugal to try and throw the match by the same score before resigning again.

We did qualify for the World Cup in the end and it was one of the most exciting experiences of my CM career so that was plenty justification.

Generally I'm lucky now though that I rarely get crashes and when I do I lose a month and more of play generally so saving and reloading to get all those results the same would be a life's work!

I am a big advocate of saving before or after (or both if you are so inclined) each game, because I have had in the past where I have lost weeks or months, and it really makes me not want to play that save again...really disheartening.

I used to get crashes all too regularly in CM03/04, but now I get them so rarely that the time lost by saving after every game (it takes quite a while on my laptop) far outweighs the irritation of occasionally losing a month's (game time) play on rare occasions. It does sometimes cause me to leave that savegame a long time though because I can't be bothered going through all those same games again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shaun, you dealt in absolutes mate, you made the rules up here that if his laptop crashed on the teamtalk then it is understandable, but if it did it on the fixtures screen then he is 100% a cheat. All your backtracking and *shock**horror* 'oh my god, I'm such a victim' routine is just making you look silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You were just being petty and arguementative for the sake of it. He shouldn't be expected to save his game several times a game day just incase his laptop crashed. In hindsight, after a big game, yeh, he should have. Thats all you needed to say. Either way, theres no way he could have cheated and he had every right to defend himself the way he did. Bullys always try to turn it round to make themselves look the victim and the victim look the aggressor. Good job, but it fooled none of us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on I'm not backtracking. I stand by my original point that IF it was a case of having played some game time after (anybody not just the original poster) then I believe it would be cheating to replay the game. As I said in my original post and continue to say this is my honestly held opinion and would be glad to debate it with anyone who can manage to not resort to name calling. I apologies if I didn't word it the best way possible but it was just a quick message on a forum on mu honestly held belief.

Im not giving it the 'oh my god, I'm such a victim' as you put it. I am sticking up for myself that I am not a Bully, I am not trying to wind people up and im not trying to turn anything around

Like I have said i'm quite happy to debate my points but cant be arsed with people throwing insults around without backing there points up or just typing WHS with a quote. Thats just cowardice and shows a lack of class if nothing else. I dont see what point in the first post I was Bullying or deseved to be labeled in such a way.

Got asked a question.

Answered it honestly.

Stuck up for myself when I got insulted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just a question, do you save your game before and after every game? Or I should say, do you save it 2/3 times every 'game day'? Because I don't, I save it before each game (after I've done my team and tactics, which can take ages and I don't want to have to re-do), and save it after games sometimes, especially really impressive wins I didn't expect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do save after every game. It takes 10 seconds and makes good sense. You save it before every game because you don't want to have to redo your tactical tweaking.fair enough I save immediately after because it wouldnt be *that * disastrous to

redo my tactics, I might come up with something even better second time round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">whs, but ask yourself, if you lost, crashed, reloaded and won, would you keep reloading until you lost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just seen this post.

Very good point and another reason for me to save after every match. It would drive me mad to try and LOSE a match by the same scoreline or just accepting a 2-0 loss when the previous loss was 3-0 and going on to win the league on goal difference. Would ruin the game and any achievements for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

I was player against Sheffield Wednesday, who I did not expect to beat because they are the IT team of my game, having won the league the last two years, three times all together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only IRL... icon_eek.gif

I save after every game in alternate save files, works like a charm. FM 08 has never crashed (so far...) though I did make a big ****-up before a friendly which I won against the odds away from home against a better side, I tried replaying it a few times but got spanked every time so gave up in the end.

Okay on the last bit, I save it before every game, but thats kind of out of habit really, think I just got into it because I lost a game. Saving after is good too, but maybe you had 2 weeks between games, or even a week in the transfer window, and a lot happened. I guess I'd rather lose the game I just played, than all that went before the game, including putting out my team and tactics. But I do sometimes save after games if important.

What you failed to realise though, was, that he was playing on a laptop, and they aren't always very fast to play on, and especially to save. Takes WAY more than 10 seconds, especially when you play several seasons. Can take minutes, many of them.

And I agree, after a game like this, he should have saved it. BUT, he made no mention of playing on or anything, just..he played, he won, it crashed.

So you wasted your own breath, and by not taking time to write your post slowly and think about what you were saying, you made wild accusations which just made the original poster angry and defensive (rightly so), made you look a bit silly and like you were being nasty to him for no reason, and made everyone else want to jump on you for it.

If you meant no harm them an appology would surely suffice and be accepted. But I, and no one else here, really believes this is one big mis-understanding.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">think I just got into it because I lost a game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just re-read my post, and sloppy I know, I said this wrong. I meant to say...

Think I just got into it because I had the game crash on me when I had done everything and lost the time before my match. I didn't start saving before matches because I lost so I could cheat, like it looks like I am saying lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sirdez24:

If you had lost and it shut down without saving, would you keep replaying until you lost again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nevermind, just saw someone else posted this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So you wasted your own breath, and by not taking time to write your post slowly and think about what you were saying, you made wild accusations which just made the original poster angry and defensive (rightly so) , made you look a bit silly and like you were being nasty to him for no reason, and made everyone else want to jump on you for it.

If you meant no harm them an appology would surely suffice and be accepted. But I, and no one else here, really believes this is one big mis-understanding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defensive? fair enough. Angry? It would probably be better if we both had the patience to maybe get each other point of view more clear before getting angry. For that blame lies at both of our feet.

I will (and already have) apologise(d)about my second paragraph in my first post inregards to it not being as clear as I meant it to be.

If I had put it more like :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I believe, from my point of view that if you had gone any further than the first point you could have saved the game(I.E past the "results screen" and onto the news item) Then if it had been mine game that had crashed I wouldn't have felt it right to keep resetting the game until the game came out with the correct result as this process would have taken some of the enjoyment out of the game. It would irritate me greatly had I changed the events in ANY way.

So to some up if what happened to you had happened to me then I would just replay the game and accept the result. But can totally understand the reason for you doing what you have done in a effort to restore the previous state of the game. It wouldn't be the way that I go about things but if it works for you and doesn't take any enjoyment out of the game then go for it mate, More power to you.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So for not being more clear I am sorry and am quite happy to debate the pros and cons of when it is right to "restart" your game so long as the name calling and issues of "Bullying"(I really do hate and resent that word and it annoys me that anyone should be or feel bullied on the internet as it should be the great equalizer for all of mankind in the 21st century -Tangent soz) is dropped from this thread all together and we can get back on topic with the point in hand. (this applies to me aswell)Fair? icon14.gif

I think your re-written post just now was a major improvement over your original, which people took to be a kind of attack on the original.

You may not see it this way, but one of the best qualities a person can have, is the ability to say, 'I cannot see what I did/said was wrong, BUT, if thats the way it came across to you, then I am sorry' instead of arguing back that you did nothing wrong. Plenty of people clearly saw something wrong with what you said, and while it's not my place to accept or forgive or whatever as I wasn't the original aggrieved, I like your last post or two and as far as I am concerned the issue is over.

my opinion on restarting is such that if you won the game and choose to restart to regain that win after your computer has locked up (or whatever happens to it) then you must also do the same if you lose. and restart until you lose if that was the case. things have to work both ways. having said that it is only my opinion and it is your game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

GK Giggs

DR Rooney

DL Tevez

DC Park Ji Sung

MR Van Der Sar

ML Kuschak

MC Eagles

MC Kieran Lee

FC Nemanja Vidic

My Derby team beat them 7-1 (Rooney scores wherever he is). Is this cheating??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha might be. Love the Saha comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah loved that saha comment, not like john o'shea in defence wud help much either! incompetent jackass!

good im glad we can sort it out. Now we can get on with the point in hand.

Viazon You Dirty cheat its disgusting what you have done and if it was up to me i would send someone round your house and take the game off you and also ban you from playing FM09 totally unforgivable what you have. Makes me sick. icon_smile.gif (Im just kidding BTW)

No really, Viazon :I hope when you are on later you can accept my apology I genuinely didn't mean for it to seem like I was having a go and seem like I was picking on you. Imy at fault both for not taking the time to post properly and not getting all the facts in order first. I hope the reason you havnt been on today is Work reasons Etc and not that you felt that these boards and this topic is a no-go area for you or that your thread has been "hijacked". icon_smile.gif

Many times I have lost a game and turned off my laptop or computer through the heat of the moment. But everytime, I have go on holiday constantly until the result was replicated, I di9d the right thing.

You see Viazon things always come back to haunt us..whether it's that bitch on the street last night or result we cheated on football manager, it always comes back to haunt us...

good im glad we can sort it out. Now we can get on with the point in hand.

Viazon You Dirty cheat its disgusting what you have done and if it was up to me i would send someone round your house and take the game off you and also ban you from playing FM09 totally unforgivable what you have. Makes me sick. icon_smile.gif (Im just kidding BTW)

No really, Viazon :I hope when you are on later you can accept my apology I genuinely didn't mean for it to seem like I was having a go and seem like I was picking on you. Imy at fault both for not taking the time to post properly and not getting all the facts in order first. I hope the reason you havnt been on today is Work reasons Etc and not that you felt that these boards and this topic is a no-go area for you or that your thread has been "hijacked". icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its ok. I think it was all just a big mis-understanding.

Archived