[FM11] FC Halifax Can we become the new United!

Vipertitan

Can We Become the better than united!

FCHalifaxLogo.png

F.C. Halifax Town

"Halifax Town" redirects here. For the club of the same name which ceased to exist in 2008, see Halifax Town A.F.C..

FC Halifax Town

Full name Football Club Halifax Town

Nickname(s0The Shaymen

Founded 2008

Ground The Shay, Halifax,West Yorkshire(Capacity: 10,061 (5,830 seated)

Chairman David Bosomworth

Manager Neil Aspin

League Conference North

2010–11 NPL Premier Division, 1st Champions

Website Club home page

HISTORY THANKS TO WIKIPEDIA

Football Club Halifax Town, otherwise known as FC Halifax Town are an English football team who currently play in the Conference North. The club replaced Halifax Town A.F.C. who went into administration during the 2007–08 season.

Huge tax debts buried Halifax Town A.F.C. after almost 100 years as a football club. New figures put to a reconvened creditors meeting in May 2008 showed the cash-strapped Shaymen owed over £800,000 to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. The Revenue refused any deal and that effectively finished the club – already over £2 million in the red.[3] Administrators had been trying to broker a rescue package but speaking after five hours of talks that left liquidation near inevitable, administrator Rob Sadler said: "Halifax Town will probably perish." It was originally thought the club owed the taxman around £500,000, which might have left scope for a deal. But the news that it owed £814,000 meant that even if all the other creditors had accepted the 2.5p-in-the-pound offer originally on the table it would not have been enough.

At a meeting of The Football Association, discussing the makeup of the football pyramid for the 2008/09 season, F.C. Halifax Town were not placed in either the Conference National, the Conference North or the Northern Premier League Premier Division. Halifax appealed against the decision to remove them from the Football Conference,

Though the appeal was rejected on June 11, the hope was that Halifax could play in the NPL Premier Division,This did not materialise, and eventually Halifax Town were accepted to play in the Northern Premier League Division One North in the new season under the new name F.C. Halifax Town.

2008-09

The club's first game under the new name FC Halifax Town was a friendly away against Tamworth on 19 July 2008. There was to be no fairytale ending however, and the game ended in a 2–0 defeat. The club's first ever victory was against Alsager Town on 26 July 2008 by a 2–0 scoreline. Colin Hunter will be credited as the scorer of the new club's first ever goal after six minutes. Their first competitive Northern League Division One North match was at The Shay against Bamber Bridge on 16 August 2008, however the game resulted in a 3–0 loss for the Shaymen.

The club got off to a poor start, despite recording their first competitive victory in the next match. However, a 7–1 home win against Salford City in late September seemed to turn the tide for Town. They went on an 8-game unbeaten run, 7 of those being victories, and shot to the top of the league table. The run eventually came to an end against Rossendale United, who ended up doing the league double over Halifax and finishing the season bottom of the table.

Despite the loss, Halifax remained top and more good results, including 5–1 and 4–1 victories against Garforth Town and Wakefield respectively, kept their promotion hopes alive. After the Wakefield match however, Halifax won just 2 of their final 14 league games, the wins coming against Harrogate Railway Athletic and Clitheroe, both 2–1. This poor run led to the sacking of manager Jim Vince, and senior player Nigel Jemson stepped up to the manager's position for the remainder of the season. The automatic promotion places were certainly out of Halifax's reach going into the final 5 games, but the club needed to win a minimum of 3 of these final 5 games to have any chance of reaching the play-offs. They could only manage 2 draws and so a poor ending to the season cost them dearly, and they had to settle for a final position of 8th.

2009-10

With new manager Neil Aspin taking the helm near the start of close season, Halifax Town got off to a much better start. Promising results in pre-season friendlies were consolidated after beating Colwyn Bay 3–0 on their own turf in the first league match of the season. The results continued to be impressive, most notably in September, winning every game and conceding only one goal in the process. This included a 2–0 away victory over promotion-pushing Conference North team Droylsden, before coming to a home defeat to Wrexham in the Fourth Qualifying Round in front of a then record gate for FC Halifax Town, 2,843.[8] Furthermore, first-choice goalkeeper Jonathan Hedge was called up for the England C national football team. Halifax's glory streak faltered a little after losing 1–0 away to Prescot Cables in the only game during the season where they failed to score.

Halifax failed to record a game for over a month during the heavy weather in the winter, and Lancaster City dominated the promotion race for a while. However, Halifax continued to rake up impressive results, and during a congested schedule beat Ossett Albion 5–0, and Harrogate Railway Athletic, Prescot Cables and Colwyn Bay 3–0 apiece among other results. A decisive moment came against Garforth Town away, when, after a Garforth substitute being sent off, Halifax came back from 3–1 down to win 3–4 in the last stoppage time.

That following Saturday, 10 April, Halifax faced Lancaster City at home, beating them 4–0 in front of a new record gate, 3,152.[9] This result gained Halifax points over Lancaster for the first time since the beginning of the season. The Shaymen followed this excellent result on Monday 13 April by beating 3rd placed Curzon Ashton away 5–0. They held onto the top spot until the end of the season, becoming champions of the Northern Premier League Division One North with 100 points. The title was sealed with a 2–2 home draw against Clitheroe after beating Ossett Albion away 4–2 the previous Saturday in front of over 1000 travelling supporters.

2010–11

FC Halifax Town start life in the Northern Premier League (or what is now known as the Evostik Premier Division) by signing defenders Mark Bower from Darlington, Matty Plummer from North Ferriby United and Liam Hogan from Woodley Sports, midfielders Harry Winter from Northwich Victoria and Simon Garner from Clitheroe, winger Scott Metcalfe from Trafford and finally strikers Jamie Vardy from Stocksbridge Park Steels, Danny Holland from Eastwood Town and Nathan Taylor from Clitheroe also.

The pre-season kicked off with a game against local team Brighouse Town, the same as the previous season. This resulted in a 5–0 win with debutant Nathan Taylor scoring four goals, and Danny Holland scoring one – an improvement on the 5–1 win a year before. On 26 November, James Dean became the first player to score 50 goals for the club, after only 69 games for The Shaymen. On New Year's Day 2011, the home match to FC United of Manchester attracted a crowd of 4,023, an attendance record for the Northern Premier League in its current structure, and the highest overall since Wigan Athletic played Stafford Rangers on 28 December 1970 in front of 8,107 people.[10]

FC Halifax Town finally won the NPL Premier Division Championship on 9 April 2011 with a 2–0 away win at Retford United and will play in the Blue Square Bet North for the 2011/12 season.

2011-2012

This is where i come in Initial Manager Profile lets see how i get on.

The Shaymen's 30 game unbeaten record at The Shay

Spanning into three seasons, The Shaymen went 30 games at The Shay unbeaten. The run lasted from 18 April 2009 to 20 November 2010. It all began as a disappointing 2008–2009 season was coming to a close with a 1–2 defeat to Curzon Ashton, which ended any hopes of a playoff place that year, and cemented Curzon's.

They won 18 and drew 3 in the 2009–2010 season to seal the Unibond Division One North championship with 100 points and 105 goals. A slow start to the beginning of the 2010–2011 season seemed to spell the end of the home run very soon, but with the return of injured left/right backs Danny Lowe and Aaron Hardy and star striker James Dean, The Shaymen's season quickly took off and they rose to top spot. The Shaymen's unbeaten run finally came to an end on 20 November 2010, when North Ferriby United outplayed Halifax and dispatched them 0–2. Once again, a club was picked from the lowest playable league in England with the intention of creating a world giant. The initial aim was to win the PL and CL but I am hoping for a bit more, This save is part of my new dafuge's FM11challenge

Fc Halifax- Blue Square North - 2011/12

We were predicted by the media to finish 14th so I knew I had a lot of work to do we ended finishing just outside play off in 7th place witch to be fair i thought i done ok.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We made a fairly orite start but hit form once we found our feet and got a settled team. We slumped in the middle of the season but think that was due to me changing the tactics but once i found a a decent formation we came back and just missed out on the play off.

FA Cup - we beat Guiseley AFC who finished lower in the league than us.

FA Trophy - top dogs Wrexham came an.d beat is 1-0 in first round.

Transfers 1 so much action I couldn't fit it on one page. I 'm rebuilding for the future so getting younger players in.

Transfers 2.

Squad first Team

Squad reserves

Key Player Profiles:

Omar Koroma - one of the best players at club top goal scorer .

Lee Smith - released by Forest Green, I made him my no 1 left midfielder and he was class.

Tom Seery - released by Bristol Rovers, he was my main Center Back.

Julius Gombala - released by Birmingham City, he is was second top goal scorer in squad playing him as target man with his hight and he got 15 goals for us.

Lloyd Kerry - released by Hinckley United, a lot of clubs were after this guy so was glad to get him in, he was the creative force behind a lot of our goals.

Career Overview

[/size][/size]

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12   Blue Square North        7th        None

[/code]Next Season

build on this seasons Finnish try get few more decent players in, get parent club, build a youth academy.

Fc Halifax - Blue Square North - 2012/13

Following the exploits of last season this season we were in good to have another crack at challenging for promotion play off we did not though in the end we finished in 9th place.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was one of the most frustrating seasons I've had on FM. We seemed great against the top clubs and dished out a couple of beatings here and there but we lost so many points against clubs at the bottom of the table and form wise we had ok we set new defence record.

FA Cup After last season run was hoping for good run this year but did not happen,ended up getting beat buy Tranmere in the first round.

Vauxhall.

Transfers - just like last year, I was busy in the off loading the deadwood never really bought any in cupple players.

Squadwe have a decent squad with our best players seaming to be the forwards the goalkeeper area is problem for me as i found they were conceding to many goals.

Key Player Profiles:

George Bowerman -he had good season where he finished the clubs top goal scorer.

Julius Gombala - once again, he was superb from target man. in the goalscoring charts he finished second top scorer .

Omar Koroma - once again, he had really good season e goalscs he finished third top scorer really pleased with this buy .

Jonathan North - he was no1 but thinking of changing this because he let few silly goals in.

Craig Walder - One of my youngsters i have at club played few games looks ok lets see how he dose this season .

Career Overview

[/size][/size]

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12   Blue Square North        7th         none
2012/13   Blue Square North      9th            none

Next Season

well just got new contract off the owners, told them i want a new youth academy . i can try and invest in that department, hopefully have decent cup run!

Archived