Given Up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I feel exactly the opposite. Can't get me off it. My Wii is being neglected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likewise, except for me its the PS3 and some online Pro Evo...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrredfoot:

i have started lots of games and theres always somethin going wrong, reinstalled it over 20 times got all the patches yet the game just messes up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must have a different game to me. No problems. I've had the game since November. Played it almost every day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrredfoot:

i have started lots of games and theres always somethin going wrong, reinstalled it over 20 times got all the patches yet the game just messes up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What specifically messes up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

One of the most pointless threads in the world?

If you don't want to play it, just don't, theres no point posting about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ.

When you're frustrated at the game you can only get so much satisfaction from abusing the game itself.

Sometimes you have to go that step further and abuse people that actually do like the game, as our friend mrredfoot has done here.

Ever condsidered that it might be something on your computer causing the problems and not the game.?

RB,why shouldnt i post? i paid for the game with my own money and its not working i sud have a right to say what i want.its so many things mike7077 i dont even know where to start the most annoying is i will play the game and save it and then the next day it say it cant load?? fraz its not my pc, i have had it checked a few months ago everythin is update no viruses i have other things on my pc and no problems its just FM08

Snoweel i love the game it just doesnt simply work like it should,when it came out and people were sayin the skin was no good it hasnt improved etc i disagreed, i have bought the game for over 10 years, i have never had problems like these as i say i have reinstalled the game over 20 times - thats jut not good enough

Because it is in no way constructive.

All you have said is "I have given up on the game"

If you had perhaps pointed out what the issues were you were having with the game THEN it may have had some point.

Saying "Aww its so annoying" just is pathetically pointless.

To be honest it sounds like your hard drive has bad sectors.

These can occur at any time so a check three months ago may not have found them (if they were checked for at all).

To find out if this is the case, click on your start button and select Run... from the list. In the window that pops up type cmd and then press the enter key.

A dos box will appear. In this box type the following line exactly as typed -

chkdsk c: /r

This will run the Windows disk checking utility and will check for any errors in the NT file system or with the physical drive. If any bad sectors are found, chkdsk attempts to recover that data and tells Windows to avoid those sectors in future.

It may ask a couple of questions such as whether you want to dismount the volume or run the next time Windows boots. In either of these case choose the yes answer. If chkdsk is scheduled for next boot, restart the PC and wait. Depending upon size of hard drive this may take a little while so be patient. If any errors are found they will be listed at the end of the process.

If this is the problem, then you will want to back up all of your important data and replace the hard drive as soon as possible as it is only a matter of time before it will most likely fail completely.

the issues? theres too many to say i wud be here all night, every time somethin goes wrong and i do a search in the forums for an answer its always the same answer "you will have to reinstall the game" - thats a joke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or ask your mom to buy a new computer for you

i have had my pc checked again today ALL of it and theres nothing wrong, i dont know why people keep saying its my PC, i have different things on my pc and it all works fine i asked the guy who looked at it and he said its the game and he is a computer expert

I think the main thing to remember here is, while there's nothing wrong with your PC, certain hardware combos can cause conflicts when running certain software.

What are your PC specs and what EXACTLY happens when you try to run the game? Are there any error messages and what to they say?

Having said that, I've seen that some people still do experience "crash dump" style crashes in 8.0.1., where no dump file is written to the crash dump folder.

i asked the guy who looked at it and he said its the game and he is a computer expert </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you get to check the PC?

What tests did he do and how long did it take for the checks to be carried out?

In what field of IT is he an expert?

I am yet to experience a single crash whilst playing FM08. That tells me that the code is stable. If I was to start having problems then it would be the PC at fault.

The fact is there are thousands of people playing the game without having the same problems as you so that suggests the game is not the problem.

You say he checked the entire thing in less than a day?

Checked All hardware thoroughly, ran stress tests, Checked for malware, cleared the junk from the PC and defragmented your hard drive?

The stress tests alone would take more than that.

For any IT person to say it's definitely the game without doing a single check to prove it astounds me and I would severely distrust anything else that he said.

My only hope is that you didn't have to pay him.

Archived