+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nothing changes

Amateur

Default Nothing changes

Why are they standing on the line for the goal? They don't even attempt to move and cause the Blackburn player to be offside.

19 shots to 4, yet they have 3 on target to my 6

Let me guess: tactics
    Last edited by Thomasmc135; 08-10-2011 at 03:38.

Amateur
    London - pls pm me to play FM09.3 online :)

No, since FM09 and onwards, it's your teamtalks

Amateur

Yes it is most likely tactics. Are your team playing the offside trap? That is not always on in tactics. From the looks of the stats they must have sat deep keeping your players mostly to shots from outside the box. As they would likely have numbers back they wouldn't be very good chances hence your very few shots on target. There chances probably all came from set pieces. Not a bad strategy from them, keeping you to bad chances and trying to score from corners. Simply creating loads of shots doesn't matter if they are mostly bad chances.

Semi Pro

Ignoring the fact that you scored in the 94th minute to get a draw, I see! Your defence should be dealing with the long throw in the first place, I'm thinking complacency myself.

Third Team

As for the players on the posts even if they did rush out the scorer would still have been onside & we would have ended up with a 'why did they leave the post' thread, sometimes you're just handed a no win scenario from a well executed set-piece.

Semi Pro

In FM2012 team talks, strategy & touchline shouts play an important part. If you get the pregame stuff right and half time team talks spot on, you should be winning more than you lose. By nailing these at half time, you can really turn around a game

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    In FM2012 team talks, strategy & touchline shouts play an important part. If you get the pregame stuff right and half time team talks spot on, you should be winning more than you lose. By nailing these at half time, you can really turn around a game
    Thanks, I guess I need to adapt my game to accommodate these new features.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    As for the players on the posts even if they did rush out the scorer would still have been onside & we would have ended up with a 'why did they leave the post' thread, sometimes you're just handed a no win scenario from a well executed set-piece.

If they had moved off the post they could have closed the angle down and probably got a block in.

Amateur

Or they might not have done? in any case lots of teams employ a man on each post for set pieces or attacking throws in real life.

Imo what was said above about a well constructed set piece is the most likely answer.

+ Reply to Thread