Holiday? Not any more...

How come you can't go on holiday on a match day anymore?

I'm not too fussed but sometimes, if my team was winning 4-0, 5-0 or something like that with 20 mins left or something, I would just holiday it.

Usually this was only when I'd won the league so wasn't bothered about a result etc and eager to start the transfers in the window or something.

Why take this option out?

I posted this in the FM12 demo feedback thread yesterday as well but I don't think there was any response.

I used to go on holiday mid-game in FM11 all the time as well, as you say it was usually when I was winning an easy game 3-0 after 10 mins or whatever and just wanted to get it over with. I noticed this is no longer possible in FM12, which is a bit annoying.

Yeah, bit of a let down for me too. Perhaps SI could include another feature - seeing that the game result is calculated at the start - to skip to half time, or full time.

There was strong opposition to a "Show result" button, although you can achieve the same going on holiday for a day, which makes the change purely cosmetic and improving usability. I guess they have their philosophical reasons.

• Administrators

No, by design you cannot go on holiday once a match has been started now. There are potentially issues it causes within the game so for the sake of game sanity it had to be taken out. I'd suggest if you want to 'rush' a game with twenty-minutes left, put it onto commentary only and the fastest speed of highlights.

No, by design you cannot go on holiday once a match has been started now. There are potentially issues it causes within the game so for the sake of game sanity it had to be taken out. I'd suggest if you want to 'rush' a game with twenty-minutes left, put it onto commentary only and the fastest speed of highlights.

That's the normal speed I watch all games at! :D I need something faster!!

Be interested to know what these potential issues are though, as tim_77 says I've done this for years and never been aware of it causing issues.

• Administrators
wtf thats terrible, why would this be taken out ... I'd suggest if you want to 'rush' a game with twenty-minutes left, put it onto commentary only and the fastest speed of highlights. ... really :S

Or you can holiday before getting selecting your squad. It's up to you. Personally I find playing the match quite an important part of being a football manager.

Or you can holiday before getting selecting your squad. It's up to you. Personally I find playing the match quite an important part of being a football manager.

Of course it is, most of the time but there are plenty of matches where I like to just holiday it because of other "important parts of being a football manager" like transfers etc.

Also, you mentioned "potential issues" earlier - can you be more specific please?

I always select my squad, set up tactics and start the game. Once the game actually starts, its usually a case of either -

- tactics need tweaking, substitutions need making etc. In which case I continue to play the match because my input is needed, or

- everythings fine, I'm winning the game easily, nothing needs changing.

Simply going on holiday before selecting the squad doesn't allow for the 1st situation where things need tweaking after the game starts, so that's not something I'd ever do.

But in the 2nd of those situations it was good to be able to just go on holiday to finish the game quickly rather than having to sit through it even though none of my input was required. That was why having the option to go on holiday on a matchday was useful, that's why not being able to do it is annoying - it makes playing more tedious than it used to be.

There was also the cheat where if they scored and you holidayed before the goal registered on the score sheet 90% of the time the goal wouldn't of counted when returning from holiday the next day.

Good to hear you no longer can do this during a game, my mate will be only half the manager he was now.

I didn't even know you can go on holiday during a match.

Hey Neil, how about "Show result" before the match is started? It is not any different from holidaying for a day, which you can do anyway, but requires more clicks? Also you won't miss the rest of the day for transfers or whatever else is there. It doesn't change anything, it is mere UI improvement, why you don't want to do it?

If you don't like it, then don't use it, but the rest of us will have a choice, improving their overall game experience.

I like how some people want the game to be realistic on one hand then want to holiday the last 20 minutes on the other, can you imagine any manager doing that.

Although, it would have been great to see Sir Alex walking from the dugout when Man Utd scored their 5th goal against Arsenal

Try telling that to Akter ;)

He has.

He also has a black eye now.

It doesn't change that much for me as I usually submit the team and go on holiday, but I've found that the "use current starting 11" or whatever its called option does the job well enough in most cases.

Holiday mode is never in the demo but always in the full version. Think it was Miles that said last year that they leave

it out cause the demo is short and they dont see the point of holiday being used over such a short period. I am 100%

it will be in full version otherwise dafuge and gundo's challenges would cease to exist.

I find the actual match of Football Manager to be quite tedious and too time consuming. As such if lets say I am playing a team i expect to beat or I am thrashing someone or getting thrashed myself I like to go on holiday for 1 day from 'within' the match itself.

Just tried this in the demo and it told me I cant go on holiday on match day, is it going to be like this in the full game or is this just some quirk of the demo. If I cant go on holiday during the match i probably will refrain from buying this.

Yes, it will be like that in the full game

A member of SI staff said it was taken out due to not working properly, so if you wish to skip the match, you'll have to holiday before it, or put it on full commentary at fastest speed, which will get through it pretty quick.

In every demo there has never been the option to 'go on holiday'. But when the game does release, you will be able to 'go on holiday'. But quite frankly if you find the matches of football manager tedious, I don't know why you play in the first place.

If you expect to thrash someone, I always enjoy playing youth and giving them a game. It's a good feeling when they have a good game in the first team. And if I expect to get thrashed myself, I enjoy trying to produce an upset and beat them! It's what football manager is all about!

Quite frankly, its none of your business how i want to play the game.

You can go on holiday during the demo not just from within the match itself for example, i am 4-0 up after 60 mins I would normally make my subs and then holiday the game - it wont let me do this. I don't want to holiday the full game because then my dumbass assistant has free reign to act like a cretin.

You can go on holiday during the demo not just from within the match itself for example, i am 4-0 up after 60 mins I would normally make my subs and then holiday the game - it wont let me do this. I don't want to holiday the full game because then my dumbass assistant has free reign to act like a cretin.

The thread where this was raised yesterday and SI responded is at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276948-Holiday-Not-any-more...

I completely agree with you btw, I don't want to holiday entire games as I still want to be able to change things around if we start badly, but there are often games where I'm winning easily and nothing needs changing so I go on holiday to get them over with once we're 3-0 or something. It's annoying that this isn't possible in FM12 as it just adds unnecessary tedium having to play out games when the result is in the bag and it's a foregone conclusion.

I dont think I will be buying this now as a result of this, shame because in other areas it looks quite good.

They should really have a result only button.

the games called football manager not board room manager

this isn't like Real Madrid and Jose not being incharge cause he's banned for half the season :D

Your right, but I was just expressing my opinion on your style. Who would of thought forums would be about opinions and discussion. Madness!

Archived