+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 1894

Thread: Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Semi Pro

well atleast I know I can come from behind and win. was 1-0 down at half time away to Derby in league cup, I berated my liverpool team and channged my MR, DC & Striker and I ended up winning 4-1. Awesome

Sports Interactive Bardi Golriz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I've run into a problem with the Opposition Instructions as well, I've set up instructions on several players, based on their position rather than the individual and every time I try to set an instruction on the right winger it resets.
    Can you please raise this in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...er-Interface)?

In preferences, where you can select the location of a user data folder - is this an alternative to using 'Sports Interactive / Football Mananger / Graphics' for a place to dump logos, faces etc?

I forget.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi Golriz View Post
    Please post this issue on the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...User-Interface) so we can look into this more.
    Have done, in "other issues". I did access the "ass man Loans" button in the same save game yesterday with the same staffing. Is there another way to access this other than the manager/profile/ass man button route.

Banned

Do you have problems you're experiencing in windowed mode when you're on full screen? Remember, if you're on windowed mode on 1366 * 768, you actually are below the minimum resolution supported as the window's titlebar and the operating system's taskbar (assuming you're on Windows) eats into the 768 vertical pixels required.

As for the scrolling issue within individual boxes, can you please raise this in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...er-Interface)?
    I have this problem too. Fine on full screen although the writing is so small i cant read it. My system is set to 1920 * 1080

On windowed - on team instructions some options are 'cut off' under the specific instructions box and I have to switch to full screen to set these and then go back to windowed once done - very annoying, just needs a scroll option.

Semi Pro

I'm like the other way around, I cant lose a game. A bit comes down to team talks and touchline shouts

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Have done, in "other issues". I did access the "ass man Loans" button in the same save game yesterday with the same staffing. Is there another way to access this other than the manager/profile/ass man button route.
    I don't think there is, no. You would have access to it on any panel inside your Human Manager screen i.e. not only on the Home panel, but any other panel when you're on your own screen.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanjunkie View Post
    In preferences, where you can select the location of a user data folder - is this an alternative to using 'Sports Interactive / Football Mananger / Graphics' for a place to dump logos, faces etc?

I forget.

To answer my own question, probably not. So to move on - in the full release, if the game is purchased via Steam do I get to choose where I can save the game? I dislike the fact that the Sports Interactive folder is dumped into the c:drive. When face packs and the like are added, C drive shrinks and would prefer to use another drive with masses of space.

Anyone confirm?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Right click any free space on the pitch on the Tactics screen.
    Good man, cheers.

Third Team

The interfaces all seem a bit too packed too me but that could just be me and can obviously be changed with skins, liking it so far.

Amateur

Just one thing, because everyone is going mad in Portugal...

The SI don't have licenses for the PT League right? So, that will make it seams like the english Premiership?

Amateur

Certain Inbox messages are considered tweet-worthy, such as the message you receive when you win a league/cup. The feature is by no means designed to spam your followers, but intended to periodically share your progress with them.
    Cheers. that sounds ok.

Amateur

I bought Tevez for Arsenal, then come september for premier league registration I hit auto select and he was omitted......so now he is unhappy and wants to leave. Auto select should not have omitted such a player! now i cant play him until the new year. blah

Also, how can i get the game to go directly to the squad screen when i click on a club link rather than the club profile page ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rnickster View Post
    I bought Tevez for Arsenal, then come september for premier league registration I hit auto select and he was omitted......so now he is unhappy and wants to leave. Auto select should not have omitted such a player! now i cant play him until the new year. blah

Also, how can i get the game to go directly to the squad screen when i click on a club link rather than the club profile page ?
    might be worth reporting that as a bug in the bugs forum.

Amateur

Someone is having that bug of:

We shoot 20 times to the goal and they shoot twice and we loose?

Amateur

Preferences - default team section. Can change the player one there too if you like. Tevez not being selected - probably got some kind of hardcoded auto select for each team for first season or summat. Bear in mind I'm giving that as a reason not an excuse. It is poor that Tevez isn't auto selected.

@ rnickster

Amateur

thankyou

Amateur

When viewing a player attributes screen, none of the info such as value, wage, contract expiry date etc show up.

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSince86 View Post

When viewing a player attributes screen, none of the info such as value, wage, contract expiry date etc show up.
    What resolution is your monitor set to? If you go to full screen mode, or hide the task bar at the bottom, do these details then show up?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    What resolution is your monitor set to? If you go to full screen mode, or hide the task bar at the bottom, do these details then show up?
    I have the same issue, when you go into attributes section none of that information shows up, but it shows up in the profile section. I play on a pretty big monitor so it's not the layout, seems to just not show up for attribute.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    I have the same issue, when you go into attributes section none of that information shows up, but it shows up in the profile section. I play on a pretty big monitor so it's not the layout, seems to just not show up for attribute.
    The "profile" tab everything shows up. But doesn't on the attribute section. It's no game breaker but just thought I'd point it out

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
    I think it's a little bit more demanding on graphics and that's just enough to tip some peoples rigs over the edge (which they were pretty close to before)
    I guess so. I don't think mine last years was 'close to the edge' it ran quite well. I personally took off the crowd because the ME was smoother that way for me so maybe this year I'll have to take off the weather effects or something. I'd be amazed if 3D doesn't work. I could just try the demo but I love waiting for the full game really.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSince86 View Post
    The "profile" tab everything shows up. But doesn't on the attribute section. It's no game breaker but just thought I'd point it out
    We think we may have a rough idea on what might be causing this to occur, and are currently investigating the matter further.

Banned

Mine its the same. Loads of info on various screens clipped on windowed mode. 1920 x 1080 resolution. Fine on full screen. Windowed mode clearly broken.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by theboydonegood View Post
    Mine its the same. Loads of info on various screens clipped on windowed mode. 1920 x 1080 resolution. Fine on full screen. Windowed mode clearly broken.
    I wouldn't say it's broken, but there's definitely an issue with it, when i played in windowed mode it was all jerky in 3D on low settings/backgrounds/stadiums off, i've just swithced to full screen and put everything to high, and low and behold, it's smooth as out.

Amateur

I am receiving the following error message, Rule_Group_Manager::load()- cannot find rule group. It happens when I try and load the quick start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Jason

Amateur

For me it is a little too crammed with info. One of the things I love about the game is the depth of detail and stats, but I always felt like it was arranged in a way that meant you didn't get overloaded on a single page. At the moment with the skins in the game I think there is too much data on a single page.

I'm loving the transfer filtering that works live without having to re-search, although I'm a bit disappointed with the tiny budget Liverpool start with

Quote Originally Posted by jaset7 View Post
    I am receiving the following error message, Rule_Group_Manager::load()- cannot find rule group. It happens when I try and load the quick start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Jason
    We're aware of this issue and it's something we're looking into, thanks for taking the time to bring it up.

Amateur

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to raise this, but I have noticed that if I go to make subs during a game, the players condition remains at what it was the last time I looked at the screen (so for example at 60 mins it is the same as at 45), and it only updates to what it actually is at 60 mins after I've made a substitution. It's not a big thing as I can make a sub and then undo it to see what players condition is, but it's a little irritating.

Youth Team

I am playing on an ancient computer (this weekend) so I don't know if this is a relevant issue, but when I press the windows button to go read on here for instance FM is blacked-out when I return. Moving the mouse about clears away the blacked-out areas so I suppose it is just a graphical refresh-thing.

Amateur
    keeping the faith in the prem with the mighty darwin

i love this shiny new version,but as i always ask will the berate other managers parts what are greyed out gonna be live in the finished product......to the grammar nazis,.,.,,.,hello

Amateur

Nice, after spending hundreds of € from the first CM to FM 2011, I now am officially "c.ock-blocked" from playing Football Manager due to Steam and the country I live in. Mind, I'm using Steam for many other games, so no problem with that in principle.

That's a bit of a shock, but after FML-gate, I'm not actually surprised how much SI cares about customer minorities.

edit: That applies to playing the Demo too, of course.
    Last edited by dooro23; 08-10-2011 at 16:06.

Amateur

We think we may have a rough idea on what might be causing this to occur, and are currently investigating the matter further.
    It's when you have 'Show recent attribute changes' ticked.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by dooro23 View Post
    Nice, after spending hundreds of € from the first CM to FM 2011, I now am officially "c.ock-blocked" from playing Football Manager due to Steam and the country I live in. Mind, I'm using Steam for many other games, so no problem with that in principle.

That's a bit of a shock, but after FML-gate, I'm not actually surprised how much SI cares about customer minorities.

edit: That applies to playing the Demo too, of course.
    You're only blocked from buying via Steam, buy a disc copy and you can activate it from anywhere.

Amateur

Loving the game so far but have an issue with scouting (might just be me but not going through near 1500 posts just to check ;)). I sent my scout out to look at england and he finished his report in 1 day with just one recommended player. I restarted his search and again he finished the next day with the same player. This went on till I got fed up and sent on UK & Ireland on roaming, and in the 3 months he's found no one. Now I am managing Chelmsford and my scout isn't exactly a world beater (3 for JPA and JCA) but this seems a bit extreme! Just checking to see if anyone else has this problem.

Amateur

You're only blocked from buying via Steam, buy a disc copy and you can activate it from anywhere.
    Cheers Kriss, that changes the major issue, but the Demo part still remains, unfortunately & inconveniently.

Amateur

I think that this is a very good game.

Positives:
    New font
    New overview screens
    3D + stadium improvements
    Dyanmic searching
    Tone system and team meetings
    and much more

Negatives:
    Press conferences are still stupidly repetitive
    Tactics screen, although combining a lot of stuff together, is a complete mess graphically.

2 questions:
    Why is the view squad tab the other side of the team overview tab, would make it a lot easier if it was sandwiched between the overview and staff tab.
    What is the minimum resolution to allow 9 panels on the overview screens?

Part-Timer

What is muliple instructions when i ask my ass man for his advice on oppisition player instructions?
    also i don't fully understand when i go to individual player instructions and also see "position" instructions.

could you please explain those two things to me?

Amateur

In split view for a match I can't seem to set the Ass Man's feedback as the right spilt view in the option screen. Is this intentional left out in the options screen? It is annoying having to set it at the start of every match.

Semi Pro

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ianshort59 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can ask Assistant Manager to find me a loan player cant seem to find it.
    I just made a schoolboy error! having been advised it is under: manager/profile/Ass Man Instructions - top right....I logged that mine is missing,..... in the bugs forum!!!! only to realise that if you already have a Loan search running as there no other options under that button the button "disappears". Worth remembering.......

Banned

I have just tried for half an hour the demo. I have been playing FM series since years and , to me , FM12 seems a gorgeous release with many improvements.

I just hope a the first patch will come early.

Great job SI, great job indeed.

Amateur

Why can't I put my proper age in?

I'm 18 and it says I have to be 25

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    What is muliple instructions when i ask my ass man for his advice on oppisition player instructions?
    also i don't fully understand when i go to individual player instructions and also see "position" instructions.

could you please explain those two things to me?
    mutiple instructions means he has done suggestions for multiple areas, you just need to select the individual player to see what he has done

player instructions affect the player, including if he changes position. So if you have asked Rooney to be tight marked at FC, and the oppo move him to AMC he will still be tight marked.

position instructions apply to that position, whether the original player is there or has been subbed off and replaced by a new player

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Man United159 View Post
    Why can't I put my proper age in?

I'm 18 and it says I have to be 25
    FM has always done this - it used to just change your age when you confirmed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ackter View Post
    FM has always done this - it used to just change your age when you confirmed.
    Why? I would prefer to have my proper age to be honest

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by themadsheep2001 View Post
    mutiple instructions means he has done suggestions for multiple areas, you just need to select the individual player to see what he has done

player instructions affect the player, including if he changes position. So if you have asked Rooney to be tight marked at FC, and the oppo move him to AMC he will still be tight marked.

position instructions apply to that position, whether the original player is there or has been subbed off and replaced by a new player
    thank you lad

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Man United159 View Post
    Why? I would prefer to have my proper age to be honest
    Just to make the game a bit more realistic, as it does not happen very often that a 18 year old is managing a professional club.

Edited - worked it out.

Amateur

I've had a good long session on the demo this afternoon so some second thoughts.

* I have a fairly large monitor, 1920x1080 IIRC, and the adaptive layout seems to be working well for me, giving me lots of info on the home screen and so on. The layout as a whole seems more intuitive and it feels like I'm getting where I want to be with fewer clicks

* Contract negotiations seem more nuanced: it's easier to get someone to accept a lower basic by giving them more bonuses. Better and truer to life.

* Team talks are much improved. I love being able to tell a player assertively they need to improve in the second half (essential if you have Benoit Assou-Ekkoto in your team) or after a scrappy win to calmly tell a couple of players they weren't up to scratch. Can we have this extended to Press conferences next year, please?

* The match viewer looks much better: it runs more smoothly on my machine than FM11 and looks much better, which I attribute mainly to the better grass. Not recreational cigarettes I've been smoking but having the pitch rendered better, which improves the look of the match.

Overall it seems slicker, smoother, more polished and simply better all round than last year's. And I haven't found a bug yet.

I'm sure the skinning community will put together something that uses last year's font, or something more similar to it in style. Additionally, you can go to the Skinning Hideout subforum to learn how to change the font yourself.
    Questionable customer service. Trumpted the Adaptive Layout, but you have to effectively reprogramme the game to change the font size?

Tut tut.

Amateur

Where can I find the 'Terminate Loan' button? I can't seem to find it.. If it helps, I paid 230k for the loan. I've heard that you can't terminate a paid loan, but I don't know.

Anyways great game SI! I still haven't turned it off since downloading it on its release. I can't wait till the 21st!

Reserves

I accepted a loan for one of my players but it fell through as the team who were going to sign him pulled out after securing their preferred loan targets, another nice feature in the game. Man City have been trying to sign Jack Robinson but I rejected and they signed some other teenagers building for the further something I not seen the AI do in the past.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by KUBI View Post
    Babel was in Liverpool before and that gives a player a world-wide recognition. If you are already known continental or world-wide it does not matter in which club you are playing. It takes some time to be forgotten. Jari Littmanen has still a world-wide reputation, even if he is playing in a small finnish club for years.

maybe you're right but if so why don't albert riera and milan baros(former liverpool players winning champions cup..) have a world-wide reputation or former arsenal player eboue, and quaresma played for chelsea and inter. considering these ones i think you are not objective or you mean that it is not because these players have high CAs it's because they are famous. so in the game a player with a low CA(national reputated) could be a world-wide player in time? of course if he plays well??? it's something i really wonder about and if yes it's perfect but if not i don't think it's good..

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xthexveysel View Post
    maybe you're right but if so why don't albert riera and milan baros(former liverpool players winning champions cup..) have a world-wide reputation or former arsenal player eboue, and quaresma played for chelsea and inter. considering these ones i think you are not objective or you mean that it is not because these players have high CAs it's because they are famous. so in the game a player with a low CA(national reputated) could be a world-wide player in time? of course if he plays well??? it's something i really wonder about and if yes it's perfect but if not i don't think it's good..
    You sound like a fan of the Turkish League, my friend ;)

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by suarez7carroll9 View Post
    Where can I find the 'Terminate Loan' button? I can't seem to find it.. If it helps, I paid 230k for the loan. I've heard that you can't terminate a paid loan, but I don't know.

Anyways great game SI! I still haven't turned it off since downloading it on its release. I can't wait till the 21st!
    That's right you can't terminate a loan which is fee paid, only a standard type loan can be.

Semi Pro

That's right you can't terminate a loan which is fee paid, only a standard type loan can be.
    It also seems to be impossible to terminate a loan outside of a transfer window. I'm not sure if this is a real rule or if the game just thinks it's a transfer and thus it's illegal.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    You sound like a fan of the Turkish League, my friend ;)
    yes i like Turkish League and i support Galatasaray, but i'm not saying that galatasaray players should be better or have world-wide reputations. i just try to say that reputation system was better in fm 2011 and the explanation is not reasonable( babel player for liverpool and that gives him a world-wide reputation) considering this explanation i told that riera and baros were former liverpool players and why aren't they world-wide .even mateo kovacic(16 years old) has a continental reputations. he's just a kid and just played for 6-7 matches last year.

Quote Originally Posted by killran View Post
    Loving the game so far but have an issue with scouting (might just be me but not going through near 1500 posts just to check ;)). I sent my scout out to look at england and he finished his report in 1 day with just one recommended player. I restarted his search and again he finished the next day with the same player. This went on till I got fed up and sent on UK & Ireland on roaming, and in the 3 months he's found no one. Now I am managing Chelmsford and my scout isn't exactly a world beater (3 for JPA and JCA) but this seems a bit extreme! Just checking to see if anyone else has this problem.
    If you check the scouts profile and check his report, as he has 'full scouting' for these regions he should have reports for a number of players. The reason it took 'one day' was because he'd already scouted the regions.

Quote Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
    It also seems to be impossible to terminate a loan outside of a transfer window. I'm not sure if this is a real rule or if the game just thinks it's a transfer and thus it's illegal.
    I think that's a league specific rule, I've cancelled loans in Argentina outside the window.

Banned
    when the mods message me it makes me want to put my fist through a wall

what does enable depth of field mean in the preference screen, and how come its greyed out and i cant tick it

Youth Team

Hey here is a communication issue I have:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know that I am addressing the whole team in the first few exchanges there, but when Hughes aggressively addresses Ravenhill and some direct responses pop up I thought I was addressing Hughes not the whole crowd. Apparently I was wrong, because the chat went really well until that.

Semi Pro

Has the 'Undo Last' option been taken away from the main tactic screen ? (not in game btw) i just can't see it anywhere.

Amateur

Okay, I just finished the Demo season and I'm loving the game. But I have a question for you guys.

I'd like to scout players but my scouting network is limited due to only having the one league loaded. Is there some way I could make the scouting circle wider or do I have to load a new game every time I can't find a player? Thanks in advance

First Team Squad Member
    Is finding it difficult to settle in the new forum. Is homesick. Is Unsettled.

SI, you seriously need to look at font DPI. Playing on high resolutions is just horrible with the text on screen, as it has been for the last 7 years.

We're in 2011 now, act like it please.

After getting to grips with the layout, I'm absolutely loving the demo so far. The one word that keeps springing to mind is "detail", and not in an overwhelming way, either.

I love how you can now give back as much as it gives you. For instance, managing Manchester United, I gave an assertive pre-season team talk. Chris Smalling got stressed, so I calmly told him there was no pressure - he was happy after that. So as far as team talks go, I can now connect my imagination with the game just because of the tone system. Very impressed.

Early days, only played a few pre-season matches, but I'm really enjoying it. Don't normally get into demos this much.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    If you check the scouts profile and check his report, as he has 'full scouting' for these regions he should have reports for a number of players. The reason it took 'one day' was because he'd already scouted the regions.
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I guess you're talking about the scouting knowledge part. Just sent him off to Ireland where he had none and the duration is 37 days so I guess so. In that case when is the best time to send him to scout England again? Will his knowledge decrease or do I just wait 6 months and he'll find different players or will it continue to just be 1 day scouting?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just got seriously back into football manager for the first time since 2009 so trying to work out the things which have changed!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xthexveysel View Post
    yes i like Turkish League and i support Galatasaray, but i'm not saying that galatasaray players should be better or have world-wide reputations. i just try to say that reputation system was better in fm 2011 and the explanation is not reasonable( babel player for liverpool and that gives him a world-wide reputation) considering this explanation i told that riera and baros were former liverpool players and why aren't they world-wide .even mateo kovacic(16 years old) has a continental reputations. he's just a kid and just played for 6-7 matches last year.
    No worries, it wasn't criticism... I too support Galatasaray, you see ;)

Banned
    when the mods message me it makes me want to put my fist through a wall

Quote Originally Posted by rich74 View Post
    what does enable depth of field mean in the preference screen, and how come its greyed out and i cant tick it
    i can tick it when i up my graphic detail to high from auto select, i still don't get what it does help me please

Amateur

I've been reading through the 15 pages of comments, criticisms, praise, and moans. This game really does evoke emotions! I think it's testament to the developing team that so many people feel the need to get involved, and feel they can get involved. Getting direct response to comments from the team at SI is truly fantastic.

My 2 cents:

Where to start! Personally, I love it, and I will definitely be buying the game this year. I find it hard to really commit to the demo though, knowing I have to start all over again in 2 weeks, so I just picked my team to test it out with, Man Utd.

Personal highlights: Custom views (doesn't seem to be too much comment on them), new search & player interaction. The game is also lightening fast on a holiday-mode run. Took about 10 mins to get from Mid-July to the end of December. 10 mins!!

Now to make some time to play it properly!

KUTGW.

Semi Pro

On the Opposition Instructions pre match screen the Ask Advice button brings up my Ass Man & both Coaches, all of which are greyed out. The tool tip says that "your coach is not sufficiently skilled in tactical knowledge and is therefore unable to offer advice" (NB.1 of the coaches has a tactical knowledge rating of 10, the others though are very poor).

!?!

Do I need a hugher than 10 rating in Tactical Knowledge for one of them (if so what rating?) or do the staff acquire the insight to make that advice with time?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The drummer from Fairuza View Post
    The game is also lightening fast on a holiday-mode run. Took about 10 mins to get from Mid-July to the end of December. 10 mins!!

Now to make some time to play it properly!

KUTGW.
    Keep in mind that the game files are Small database and only have one nation loaded...

But damn I love this game.

First Team Squad Member

Clearly the AI didn't think he was good enough but at the end of the day you the manager fella

Quote Originally Posted by killran View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I guess you're talking about the scouting knowledge part. Just sent him off to Ireland where he had none and the duration is 37 days so I guess so. In that case when is the best time to send him to scout England again? Will his knowledge decrease or do I just wait 6 months and he'll find different players or will it continue to just be 1 day scouting?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just got seriously back into football manager for the first time since 2009 so trying to work out the things which have changed!
    To be honest there's not too much point in sending him on scouting missions to regions he has full scouting on, I'd suggest either sending a different scout without full knowledge or sending him elsewhere. If you're after specifics (say young players) it may be worth scouting the U18 tournaments/leagues instead.

Amateur

Why did you not select the players that you want for the coming season. I do not think this is an issue that belongs in the feedback section for the new release of FM12.

NB. Tevez being unhappy and wanting to leave, I think that SI did a good job in making this player chuck the toys out of the pram, well played SI...
    Last edited by qqq; 08-10-2011 at 21:58.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
    Please confirm if its a fee paid loan or not you refer to then re-read Kriss's comment, that may help explain if its an issue or not

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sampa View Post
    Keep in mind that the game files are Small database and only have one nation loaded...

But damn I love this game.
    True, but compared to previous holiday-mode tests, I found it much faster. Not that I make a habit of holiday-mode stuff, I was just curious.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The drummer from Fairuza View Post
    True, but compared to previous holiday-mode tests, I found it much faster. Not that I make a habit of holiday-mode stuff, I was just curious.
    Awesome. Hope it does turn out to be faster.

Lurker

Game crashed when I tried changing to stats view in player search, unfortunately hit OK too fast to catch the error message.

Third Team

If you check the scouts profile and check his report, as he has 'full scouting' for these regions he should have reports for a number of players.
    1) He only has reports on just a few players. When fully scouting a nation, a scout (normally) finds far more players
    2) After a year, scout reports get deleted. Even without that, after a year (and more), all those reports will be outdated. How is this scout supposed to use his full knowledge of a country to provide me with new reports of that nation?

The reason it took 'one day' was because he'd already scouted the regions.
    See my point 1 above.

To be honest there's not too much point in sending him on scouting missions to regions he has full scouting on
    Isnt this counterlogical? Wouldnt you, in real life, ideally sent a scout with full knowledge of a nation to that nation? In order to be in the best position to accurately and consistently keep you up to date on developments in that country?

, I'd suggest either sending a different scout without full knowledge
    Why should only a scout without knowledge be able to scout a nation? That suggests that the aim of scouting is to increase a scouts knowledge of a nation. Why would I care about that? I care about player reports from a nation.

If you're after specifics (say young players) it may be worth scouting the U18 tournaments/leagues instead.
    How am I gonna do that if I dont have those leagues loaded (eventhough my custom database ensures enough players)? And how am I supposed to find 15/16 year olds (newgens)? Its not like the game simulates u12/u13/u14/u15/u16 leagues and tournaments.

Amateur

Before I raise this is as a bug I want to make sure if this was intentional or not, while playing the game and a list of fixtures are displayed, after clicking continue to view the results, does the font get enlarged? Here's an example:

Amateur

Before I raise this is as a bug I want to make sure if this was intentional or not, while playing the game and a list of fixtures are displayed, after clicking continue to view the results, does the font get enlarged? Here's an example:

Reserves

I have just been pressing continue picking eleven just to see what i can expect. I am due to play a friendly but 90% of my squad are on international duty or injured and on team selection there isn't much I can do as I can't continue as I don't have enough players to submit a team.

Part-Timer

Bring up reserves? U18?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by urbanjunkie View Post
    To answer my own question, probably not. So to move on - in the full release, if the game is purchased via Steam do I get to choose where I can save the game? I dislike the fact that the Sports Interactive folder is dumped into the c:drive. When face packs and the like are added, C drive shrinks and would prefer to use another drive with masses of space.

Anyone confirm?
    user data folder is for other Databases

Amateur

To be honest there's not too much point in sending him on scouting missions to regions he has full scouting on, I'd suggest either sending a different scout without full knowledge or sending him elsewhere. If you're after specifics (say young players) it may be worth scouting the U18 tournaments/leagues instead.
    So if a scout has full knowledge of a certain nation do I have to specifically send him to scout new players or does new reports get sent in over time even when not on an assignment. As a lower league club I wouldn't really be able to fire and hire a new scout every year so I'd need to send him to do a full search of the country again. If I sent him out to scout England a year later would he be able to give reports on new players instead of just one?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony7 View Post
    I have just been pressing continue picking eleven just to see what i can expect. I am due to play a friendly but 90% of my squad are on international duty or injured and on team selection there isn't much I can do as I can't continue as I don't have enough players to submit a team.
    holiday past the game e.g. holiday 1 day

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ? View Post
    Here are my impressions:

The match engine alone makes this worth buying. So many small things I noticed that have been improved:

1) Its so smooth now and the general passages of play are far more intellegent then before. I noticed that in my first 2 friendly's things seemed slow, but then I realised that it was a lack of fitness. Roll foward to the Charity Shield and the first few league games and the pace is relentless

2) Animations for passing, shooting, different types of finishing, goalkeeping all majorly improved.

3) Noting players showing great vision compared to last year. While in FM 11 you consistantly had strickers blasting shots from difficult angles, I have now twice seen a player lay it off to another where a shooting opportunity was available - brilliant

4) Players actually close down and tackle properly with far more frequency than last year. If I have a ball winning midfielder he charges around intercepting and tackling, where as last year you had so many occasions where the opposiation would get a clear run at your defence and nobody would close down

5) Watch your fullbacks and wingers - their play is far more dynamic, skillfull than last year. Wingers and fullbacks seem to drop the shoulder and blast past opponants while in tight situations where last year they would not have taken the player on in such a tight space

6) Players are using their PPM's by default - I'm Man Utd and I am playing exactly as Utd play IRL.

7) Finishing - I've several different types of finish instead of the usual blast it or tap it of last year. Players sinking it over the keeper, or the low rifled shot into the corner

8) AI are way more intellegent - before I got the impression they were not using player roles and other non-default tactical settings - this year I see players playing in roles that I know have been tweaked ie: Deep Lying playmakers, wingers that cut inside, Trequarterista's etc

7) Short passing has been greatly improved and shows real intellegence - some great one touch stuff and flicks.
    Agree with this, match engine is top class now. Obviously it works well in the premier league, but even playing in the Scottish third division, it is very realistic. There is a noticebly less amount of clear cut chances being infuriatingly missed also. The tactics and team talks are quality as well. I will definetly enjoy this more than fm11.

Amateur

I am really impressed by the match engine this year also the team reports and in depth player reports helps a lot when creating tactics.

Amateur

Loving the demo, has less stand-out bugs than any previous demo I can remember, so far anyway. Glad the homegrown players bug and the tv fixtures bugs from fm11 have been fixed. Only bad thing is that I've almost finished the demo and have to wait almost 2 weeks to play it properly :-)

Roll on the 21st!

Amateur

anyone else finding it incredibly easy to keep clean sheets?
    also what's with the age-old keeper kick out, defender heads it straight back and forward runs clean through on goal? why has this still not been fixed?

Amateur

How about changed fonts for FM2012?
    I'm need changed korean character fonts. Please, help me.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_aberdeen View Post
    Agree with this, match engine is top class now. Obviously it works well in the premier league, but even playing in the Scottish third division, it is very realistic. There is a noticebly less amount of clear cut chances being infuriatingly missed also. The tactics and team talks are quality as well. I will definetly enjoy this more than fm11.
    Good to know. I am VERY impressed with the ME - it does appear to be bug free and nearly all the old irritations have been addressed. I'm managing Man Utd in the demo but am a lower league manager (have my eye on AFC Wimbledon) for the long haul.

At the end of the day the match engine is the heart of the game; if they've finally got it right it makes FM12 worth buying on the strength of that alone. I might just add that I have a pretty low-spec old laptop and the 3D is very smooth.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Eblees View Post

Not a bug but a bit weird. Click on the DETAILS tab: your screen shows 'detail'- big font and scorers; 'Basic'show small font and just the results.

Reserves

There's a tickbox for that in Preferences.

Amateur

Great new addition that I don't think is mentioned..Really great!

Part-Timer

That was already on FM11 Alekos.

Interesting those changes about scouts.. i wonder if they finally retain their scouting knowledge longer after you send them to a country they have no natural knowledge of.

Amateur

Results are becoming a bit concerning seems to some really high scoring games happening. I just had Man City beat Norwich 11-0, which is a bit extreme. This Guy was Utd and beat Liverpool 10-0 at Anfield!! Just seems to easy to win at the moment too.....
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7143303

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    That's a really great addition, i agree that most players were far too loyal on previous FM's.
    That is something that wowed me, too. But remember that this is Mounir El Hamdaoui we're talking about. Still, an increase in player, transfer AI and agent aggressiveness would certainly make the game more exciting than before right off the bat. Maybe it was tweaked, maybe it wasn't, and maybe Miles talking about an increased likelyhood of players demanding a contract termination after relegation was all in my head.

What is your experience on the matter compared to older FMs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast