- Click the green ‘Install Demo’ button for the Football Manager 2012 Demo
- You should now be informed of the game size and estimated download time, make sure you have enough space on your hard-drive to install the game
- Click the ‘Next’ button
- Choose whether you want a start menu shortcut and/or a create desktop shortcut, then click ‘Next’
- The demo should now begin downloading; you can track the process of the download by looking at the blue process bar at the bottom of Steam
- Click ‘Finish’
- If you click in the ‘Library’ section, the demo should be highlighted in yellow showing you how much of the download has been completed and the current download speed
- When the game finishes downloading there will be a pop-up in the bottom right hand corner of Steam telling you it’s completed
- Go to your Library, right click on the Football Manager 2012 Demo and click ‘Play Game’
- The game will perform the first time set-up and when complete will launch the game
I’ve gone to start up my game via the Football Manager 2012 Start Screen, but ‘Start New Game’ is greyed out – why is this?
Included in the demo are the Quick Starts only, so to start the game click the Quick Start and choose the league which you wish to play. Bear in mind the available leagues will depend on what region demo you have downloaded.
What are the minimum specs for running the Football Manager 2012 demo on my system?
OS - Windows XP/Vista/Windows7
Processor - XP - 1.4ghz or faster Vista/W7 - 2.0hgz or faster
Memory - XP-512MB Ram, Vista/W7 - 1GB Ram
Video Card - 128MB minimum.
Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater
Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.
OS – OS X 10.5.8/10.6.x or higher
Processor – Intel Processor
Video Card – 128MB Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT or greater, ATI Radeon X1600 or greater
Please note, if you system doesn't meet the requirements, the game may work, but we/SEGA do not offer support on these machines. We suggest people who aren't certain if it'll work do indeed try the demo first before buying the game.
What leagues can I run via the Demo?
In the demo you can only run 'quick start' games, which only run one league and a small database.
The demo includes the following:
Australia, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Spain and Sweden.
Will I be able to download the Demo no matter where I am?
I'm afraid users in Germany, China, Hong Kong, North Korea and South Korea will not be able to download the Demo.
Will I be able to continue my save game once I buy the full version of Football Manager 2012?
Yes, all save games will be compatible with the full version of the game.
How long does the FM 2012 Demo last?
As always with our demos there is no 'real life' time limit on the demo, however in-game the end date is dependent on the league you're running - it'll end roughly six months after the start date.
How do I uninstall the FM 2012 Demo?
Via Steam if you ‘right-click’ on the Football Manager 2012 Demo, there will be an option to ‘Delete Local Content’. This will remove the Demo from your system. All save games will not be deleted and will be continued to be stored in the default Sports Interactive folder (found either in ‘My Documents’ on a PC or ‘Documents’ on a Mac).
I really want to try out the Editor, where is it?
Unfortunately the editor is not included with the demo; you'll have to wait until the full game! Sorry!
I think I’ve found a bug in the game, what should I do?
We very much suggest reading the Bug Reporting Guidelines, this will give us the best possible chance to find out about the issue, reproduce it here and try to get it fixed for any future version of Football Manager.
I’ve noticed that some of the data may be incorrect, Joe Bloggs doesn’t play for Made Up FC, he clearly plays for Pretend United! What can I do?
If you come across any data issues, we’d really appreciate you posting about it in the relevant thread found in our FM12 Data Forums - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/238 - however bear in mind much in regards to player attributes and abilities is subjective. If you have a point to make, please do so constructively with evidence to back up your claim. Just saying ‘Michael Burling’ is a better finisher than ‘Luke Warrington’ just because he scored more in a season doesn’t really help. Thanks.