Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 755444856

Varnish cache server

Amateur

demo is uploading

Amateur

SI guys online, midnight hour fast approaching. Time to get the boys out of the barracks ;-)

Amateur

well see you all in 24 hours for part 2

Amateur

truth is brad71 probably will be midnight tomorrow or today to be more accurate, tends to be around midnight sometimes a little earlier. if i am wrong who cares? just looking forward to playing fm2012 demo this weekend either way

Amateur

i agree with you. wanted it to be tonight but knew tomorrow more realistic.

Amateur

I would've thought Friday is more realistic...

Amateur

how could anuone think that it would be out now, it´s not weekend yet.
    Late friday or saturday

Amateur

[QUOTE=big daddy;7130942]how could anuone think that it would be out now, it´s not weekend yet.
    Late friday or saturday[/QUOTE

it will be friday 12am if not before it wont be friday night saturday morning. no chance but either way for me if up and running for sunday im as happy as a pig in the proverbial as thats best day for me to play on it!

Part-Timer

Looking back a few demo's were released Sunday, lets hope that doesn't happen again.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by viiralx View Post
    insulting people is classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicha_14 View Post
    You need to clam down TheInvisibleMan.
    LOL I just don't understand people getting over-excited over something which isn't happening. Miles said the weekend and it's not the weekend yet, simple.

Semi Pro

so the countdown starts again yeah ?

Youth Team

the demo will be out Friday deffo as i am going away for the wekend which is bloody typical

First Team Squad Member

Just to throw the old pigeon in amongst the dogs, i wonder how many of the people hating steam a few weeks ago are now sitting with steam open waiting for the demo to be available

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    Just to throw the old pigeon in amongst the dogs, i wonder how many of the people hating steam a few weeks ago are now sitting with steam open waiting for the demo to be available
    Oh not many I'd of thought

Amateur

The funny thing is, your probably right, there will be loads of 'I hate steam, death to steam' types now sitting there going 'come on steam where is my demo'

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarkham1982 View Post
    The funny thing is, your probably right, there will be loads of 'I hate steam, death to steam' types now sitting there going 'come on steam where is my demo'
    Is the Demo available from other sources or just based on steam? I have steam, just havent updated it for a long while lol..

First Team Squad Member

i see the thread made a news story on the PC gamer website, oh the outcry! hahahaha

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reccy View Post
    Is the Demo available from other sources or just based on steam? I have steam, just havent updated it for a long while lol..
    only steam mate.

Amateur

only steam mate.
    There has'nt been anyinformation about that ? so we really don't know.

Part-Timer

i see the thread made a news story on the PC gamer website, oh the outcry! hahahaha
    what? i dont see it.

First Team Squad Member

They wont release the game without steam in any fashion, the demo is just the full game with restricted code that gets unlocked when the full game is released. You will need steam at all times for FM12.

First Team Squad Member

what? i dont see it.
    There was a link to it through steam, if you find FM on steam there should be a link on there.

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

what? i dont see it.
    If you Google Football Manager 2012 it's the second link.

Semi Pro

Fm12 demo is not displaying on Steam yet, I just did a search for it. Your would think it would be available on multiple download locations.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    Fm12 demo is not displaying on Steam yet, I just did a search for it. Your would think it would be available on multiple download locations.
    The demo isn't out, so it won't be on there yet. The reason why I think the Demo is only on Steam is because if SI/SEGA decided to have it on different downloads, you'd get loads of people asking why can't the full game be like that. If they have it on Steam from the start, then no one can complain, hopefully.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    The demo isn't out, so it won't be on there yet. The reason why I think the Demo is only on Steam is because if SI/SEGA decided to have it on different downloads, you'd get loads of people asking why can't the full game be like that. If they have it on Steam from the start, then no one can complain, hopefully.
    Sorry if I've completely missed the point, but what does the bold part mean?? Be like what? I want to experience the demo first before I buy the game, if this is only available for download on steam, so be it.

Banned

Can't wait, don't usually use demo's but will for this.

Part-Timer

I'm not surprise if the demo would be steam exclusive. If the full game needs steam to run, it's easier to SI/SEGA to release the demo only from that plataform.

And i think this is a good ideia. Perhaps when some people try the demo trough steam, they will be convinced that steam will not overload their PC's, will not have FBI or CIA knocking on their doors, will not have some strange alien ships landing on their roofs, etc etc

As for the release date, i'm thinking friday at 12:00. Instead of the daily blog, we will get the demo.

Reserves

Sorry if I've completely missed the point, but what does the bold part mean?? Be like what? I want to experience the demo first before I buy the game, if this is only available for download on steam, so be it.
    Some people, have said that they aren't willing to use Steam for whatever reasons. So whilst you can buy the game in boxed form, it still has to be registered/unlocked(right word) on Steam. So in response to Wiitastic saying that he doesn't know why they can't have it(demo) from download from other places. If that's what he meant, so what I meant is and this is from reading the last few posts of this thread is, that the demo will only be available on Steam. If it was available to download or to get from somewhere else, then some people may ask why the full game can't be used without Steam.

If I've misread everything and got it wrong, then sorry.

First Team Squad Member

What he means is, if they release the demo without the need for steam there will be a huge outcry from the anti-steam people asking why they can do it for the demo but not the real game.

*edit*

beaten too it!!

Semi Pro

i'd be very supprised if its only available on Steam, would limit the people to download it and play it. by having it on multiple locations, it would maximise the potential of future sales of the full game.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    i'd be very supprised if its only available on Steam, would limit the people to download it and play it. by having it on multiple locations, it would maximise the potential of future sales of the full game.
    I'm not in the know and don't want to start any hassle, but I think it may only be available on Steam. The reason being is it would be a lot easier for SI/SEGA and may actually persuade some of the doubters of Steam, then again it may not.

Semi Pro

'Loads of people complaining' makes no difference to SI/Sega. I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.

Amateur

oops - just made a thread on this before i found this one.

What about those of who are region locked out of getting anything to do with FM through STEAM (although we can still buy a game and activate it) - A STEAM only release would prevent a lot of people from even being able to access demo (germany and korea for example)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
    oops - just made a thread on this before i found this one.

What about those of who are region locked out of getting anything to do with FM through STEAM (although we can still buy a game and activate it) - A STEAM only release would prevent a lot of people from even being able to access demo (germany and korea for example)
    Good point! I didn't remember that.
    Didn't they release FM2011 demo first on steam, and 1 or 2 days later trough direct download?

First Team Squad Member

I would be completely shocked if it was avaliable without the need for steam, it would be a very big waste of time to insist on steam for the game yet release the game without the need for steam.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.
    Not really, if they release it through different sites/ways without the need for Steam, then you'd get alot of people who aren't keen on using Steam, asking why the demo can be used without Steam and not the full game.

Part-Timer

Not really, if they release it through different sites/ways without the need for Steam, then you'd get alot of people who aren't keen on using Steam, asking why the demo can be used without Steam and not the full game.
    They could easily answer to that...."because we want! end of story"

Semi Pro

Yes, but I think I covered that in the part of the post you left out:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigfacemonkeyman View Post
    'Loads of people complaining' makes no difference to SI/Sega. I would have thought it would be sensible to make it available from different sources, to try and lure in those who are undecided about buying the game because of DRM.

Third Team

Hmm, it appears that every thread related to release MUST be used to have a pop at folk who do not want/like/trust steam.

Milner, Kaiser et al how about giving it a rest.

Amateur

just had a confirmation from Miles on twitter that the deom will be STEAM only.

Bummer - will have to try and find a way around this....

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barside View Post
    Hmm, it appears that every thread related to release MUST be used to have a pop at folk who do not want/like/trust steam.

It really was only ment as a bit of fun, i am in no mood to get into another steam argument really, i was just having a laugh. I am not in anyway wanting to have a go at those not using steam or avoiding FM this time around.

Part-Timer

Barside, really? dont take offense.

Amateur

Some people, have said that they aren't willing to use Steam for whatever reasons. So whilst you can buy the game in boxed form, it still has to be registered/unlocked(right word) on Steam. So in response to Wiitastic saying that he doesn't know why they can't have it(demo) from download from other places. If that's what he meant, so what I meant is and this is from reading the last few posts of this thread is, that the demo will only be available on Steam. If it was available to download or to get from somewhere else, then some people may ask why the full game can't be used without Steam.

If I've misread everything and got it wrong, then sorry.
    I now understand, and i fully am behind Steam, its a great tool and bought many a bargins.. Titan Quest and Expansion is one of them for liek £2.50.. many late nights..

First Team Squad Member

i dont think im adding enough safety winks at the end of the posts i dont want to be taken seriously, ill make sure and throw another 3 or 4 smiles next time

Amateur

Just bought my Demo Download outfit from Ann Summers. I'll be donning it this evening, sitting there awaiting the witching hour - large cognac in one hand....

Third Team

Kaiser, I don't but some will & you risk the thread degenerating into to the usual 'I love Steam, why don't you?' 'I hate steam' nonsense.

Just my two pence anyway.

As for the demo I stopped downloading them a good few years ago, I know what to expect out of FM & the demo never results in me deciding not to buy it, it's still off my shopping list for now though.

First Team Squad Member

Kaiser, I don't but some will & you risk the thread degenerating into to the usual 'I love Steam, why don't you?' 'I hate steam' nonsense.

Just my two pence anyway.

As for the demo I stopped downloading them a good few years ago, I know what to expect out of FM & the demo never results in me deciding not to buy it, it's still off my shopping list for now though.
    its ok we have super Kriss here to make sure it stays at least civil!!
    I do see what your saying tho, like i say i only wanted to make a (bad) joke, not to start an argument.

Part-Timer

Point taken! No more talk for me about that.

As for the demo, i always download it. The main reason is, after reading the blogs every year i can't wait to play the game, so... not play the demo and wait a couple of more weeks is out of the question.
    Another big reason, it gives me the oportunity to start developing my tactic for the new version.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Just bought my Demo Download outfit from Ann Summers. I'll be donning it this evening, sitting there awaiting the witching hour - large cognac in one hand....
    Seeing as you've discarded your slinky black number, what are you going for tonight? Basque & suspenders would be my request (if your taking any).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BudapestByBlimp View Post
    Seeing as you've discarded your slinky black number, what are you going for tonight? Basque & suspenders would be my request (if your taking any).
    Your request is a great one - much appreciated & 'request approved'. I could've done with losing an inch or two, as i may be popping out the sides but hopefully i'll be discarding it before too long this evening when the demo starts climaxing to a roaring conclusion ;-)

First Team Squad Member

Your request is a great one - much appreciated & 'request approved'. I could've done with losing an inch or two, as i may be popping out the sides but hopefully i'll be discarding it before too long this evening when the demo starts climaxing to a roaring conclusion ;-)
    should the rest of us back out and leave you two to it?

Amateur

tomorrow's podcast will give us many information - if demo isn't release before podcast.

Amateur

When I search steam all I get is Fifa manager 2011...I think it will be tomorrow anyways.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    As soon as the demo's released the internet will crash and we'll have to wait a day or two anyway!
    Maybe this is SI's way of promoting the England game? Crash the internet so no one could download the demo, forcing them in the process to watch the game?

Amateur

should the rest of us back out and leave you two to it?
    No please, the more the merrier....lets have a Demo Download orgy (or a Double D orgy as i like to call it.) :-)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brad71 View Post
    well see you all in 24 hours for part 2
    Hmm... sounds like the riots all over again. Does this mean we'll have to wait a third day?

Part-Timer

Maybe we will have some news in todays blog

First Team Squad Member

No please, the more the merrier....lets have a Demo Download orgy (or a Double D orgy as i like to call it.) :-)
    A DP and DDO? I like the sound of that

Banned
    Heading back to the boardroom to request an increased transfer budget.

Amateur

Today's blog is about system specs.

Amateur

No news in the blog today, other than FM12 'gone gold' and demo by weekend (which we already knew from yesterday's tweets) - plus official system requirements.

EDIT: Also, a suggestion to mods maybe just to link the blog to this thread instead of making a new discussion thread.
    Last edited by Kanukki; 06-10-2011 at 11:10.

Semi Pro

#FM12 blog - system specs.

well there is another blog. I am thinking the demo will either be tonight or tomorrow night.

Amateur

Where is the link to the new blog today?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by polegategavin View Post
    Where is the link to the new blog today?
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...minimum-specs)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chicha_14 View Post
    You need to clam down TheInvisibleMan.
    ban him please

Amateur

Amateur

Depends where you work.

Part-Timer

11 hrs and 10 mins to go!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rubentus_Juventus View Post
    The horses are on the track......and they're off!!!

Amateur

Giver or take a possible 24 or even 48 hours.

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

History Channel, 21.00 "Ice Road Truckers". Gonna watch that, maybe have the laptop at my side, just in case.... ;-)

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Ive got a couple of books im reading to finish, laptop on standby.

Amateur

Wow, you know the exact time? Is it you Miles giving us hints?

Amateur

7 hours 52 minutes to 21:00

Banned
    Heading back to the boardroom to request an increased transfer budget.

The demo was released at midnight last year. Odds are it will be midnight tonight or tomorrow.

Part-Timer

well alright maybe not exactly that much time, but it must be released later today or tomorrow, or else they would've done another features blog and done spec's tomorrow. They are making for people know the spec's before they play the demo!

Part-Timer

why 9:00???

Amateur

why 9:00???
    I cannot say anymore

Part-Timer

man are u yanking my chain!?!?!

Semi Pro

+1 day onto that

Amateur

is that 21.00 uk time or cet?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sd2500 View Post
    is that 21.00 uk time or cet?
    I was referring to UK time

Part-Timer

lets get a wager going here.

Amateur

lets get a wager going here.
    I'll bet every penny on me 21:00 tonight

Lurker

My guess is Saturday at 12:00am,

Just a guess, not informed or whatever else. Pure guesswork.

If it's tonight I will be mightily peeved, not staying up past midnight on a Thursday night that's just asking for a bad day at work tomorrow and then the knock on will be sleep early Friday so I wont get on to play it until Saturday at the earliest.

Tomorrow at a midnight release is the best option.

Part-Timer

i know ur ******* my chain

Amateur

i know ur ******* my chain
    No, i'm not saying i know anything

Amateur

The Awaystand tweeted earlier and in that tweet mentioned the demo will be realised tomorrow. Maybe rubbish but you never know. If true I will go for midnight tomorrow which is well planned seeing as though the England game on

Part-Timer

well that makes me think u know something i don't...even though ur talking crap

Part-Timer

I bought potato chips and soda.. im ready for another midnight party :,)

Amateur

you gotta love phils mindgames

Part-Timer

why the fook doesn't SI just tell us?

Semi Pro

they will tell us, when the demo is released

Third Team

They said it be out by weekend is this not enough for you !!!

Amateur

I'd assume the Demo will be released in the blog tomo.. that way, SI actually get to have a weekend off

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by VudoBadger View Post
    I'd assume the Demo will be released in the blog tomo.. that way, SI actually get to have a weekend off
    Think you might be right, the blogs usually lead up to the demo with the system specs coming just before. Either that or they'll provide details of when it might be available.

Part-Timer

haha screw you people and ur

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast