*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Match Viewer

I like the new 3d improvemnts a lot, but I am still waiting to see the manager on the bench, giving to the managers different personalities, so you could see a manager shouting at his team all the time or another one sitting all the time even when he is winning against barcelona.. how long must we wait for this? :(

IMO these video blogs are pointless.. just write them and add game-video/pics to it.. :)

I actually like the videos, it's just a lot of people are probably in my boat and browse the SI forums whilst at work (and can't play the sound)

I'm just messing around asking for subtitles though... helluva lot of effort that would take, unless they hire a speedy gonzalez typer to do it.

Very incidentally, I think Miles sounds just like the IT guy 'Simon' from The Office! Can just see him saying, First day it opened I went down there, I was doing a few laps and pulled over and the manager comes over to me and says "Oi, mate! No professionals." I said I'm not a professional. He said "Well, you should be. With moves like that you could be the best in Britain". I said, "No thanks I'm making **** loads from computers". :lol:

he does look a bit old and rough round the edges right now, obviously not making enough money from FM, hopefully steam sorts the problem ;) lol

I think the ME looks brilliant, wasnt overly excited about FM12 until the last few days, but the last few blogs have picked up my interest.

For a blog to do with the "Match Viewer" I don't know how a video blog is pointless :)

Anyway, looks good. Better animated and this adds to the realism.

Slightly disappointed with "Director Cam", I thought this was going to be a 3D rotate and zoom tool for replaying as you see fit. Been in football games for over a decade.

he does look a bit old and rough round the edges right now, obviously not making enough money from FM, hopefully steam sorts the problem ;) lol

I think the ME looks brilliant, wasnt overly excited about FM12 until the last few days, but the last few blogs have picked up my interest.

Easily dispelling rumours of botex use.

As for the content of the blog I'm happy to see that the crowd distribution has been fixed so that we don't see the lone wolf fans refusing to stand anywhere near each other in low attendance matches, no sign of players actually crowding the ref when the commentary tells you this is happening though, hopefully the whole ref/player interaction has been worked on while adding the nice new ref animations.

Easily dispelling rumours of botex use.

As for the content of the blog I'm happy to see that the crowd distribution has been fixed so that we don't see the lone wolf fans refusing to stand anywhere near each other in low attendance matches, no sign of players actually crowding the ref when the commentary tells you this is happening though, hopefully the whole ref/player interaction has been worked on while adding the nice new ref animations.

He is maybe going for the "casual gamer" look, trying to blend in better.....:p

Yeah i would love to see the players surrounding the ref, my only worry would be if it happened too often and matches would take an age to get through. Im hoping they have sorted little things like players going off injured but running off the pitch whilst the physio walks slowly off.

Something thats always bugged me is the whole "Britishness" of all the stadia used in FM. Say you are playing in Italy, where most of the stadia have no roofs and are bowl shaped, FM presents this as a typical English stadia, so there is no feel for where you are playing.

Also another minor detail, but I like to play games in Africa using created leagues. Lots of these games happen in stadia where the pitch is dirt - this is avilable in the editor but is not rendered in the game :( - so again we have diddy African teams looking like they are playing an away game at Bury

For a blog to do with the "Match Viewer" I don't know how a video blog is pointless :)

Anyway, looks good. Better animated and this adds to the realism.

Slightly disappointed with "Director Cam", I thought this was going to be a 3D rotate and zoom tool for replaying as you see fit. Been in football games for over a decade.

By "pointless" I mean: Why go through the hassle of creating a video-blog when the exact same info can be given via a written blog + attached videos/pics.. I'm not against video-blogs in general, but for the FM2012 blogs I'd prefer a written blog.

Also another minor detail, but I like to play games in Africa using created leagues. Lots of these games happen in stadia where the pitch is dirt - this is avilable in the editor but is not rendered in the game :( - so again we have diddy African teams looking like they are playing an away game at Bury

This is definitely something I'd like to see reflected in the viewer. :thup:

Hope also when playing that if you try and change quick tactics during a game and there is a pause in play and then continues while you are doing it, that you can close the tactics box instead of it being stuck open blocking a huge lump of the screen until the next break in play .

Shame the blog did not actually show the new rain and snow as i disabled the snow in 2011 as it hurts my eyes trying to watch the game through a white blur .

The players float/levitate.

Other than that, lots of nice few little additions but not a "massive improvement".

Did anybody actually count how many "massives" there were in the video? Nevertheless, fair play to Miles. He probably had a massive breakfast today: a sandwich and a coffee.

Something thats always bugged me is the whole "Britishness" of all the stadia used in FM. Say you are playing in Italy, where most of the stadia have no roofs and are bowl shaped, FM presents this as a typical English stadia, so there is no feel for where you are playing.

Completely agree - I'm fed up with the same high street shops outside the small stadiums, no matter where in the world you are :-) Would be lovely for different countries to have a different feel

That's not a great graphics card, and it's onboard, check with some computer shops in your area if they can sideport some memory on there - might help. But it would heavily depend on the type of processor, you're unlikely to get good 3D graphics though.

The min Specs for FM12 say

Graphics: 128MB

Supported Chipsets – Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater

Completely agree - I'm fed up with the same high street shops outside the small stadiums, no matter where in the world you are :-) Would be lovely for different countries to have a different feel

As mentioned in the video blog, we've added a couple of new variations to the outside scenes to cater for this, and will continue to add new ones over time.

I have a couple of questions from a lower league perspective, generally a neglected area in terms of graphics and sound.

Where you say you have improved crowd graphics, have you improved the appearance of small crowds. In FM11 the attendance might be under 100 but there are 200+ people in the stadium.

Secondly, sound. All that happens in FM11 and before that low attendance = low volume, with lower leagues often just having the sound of the ref's whistle and nothing more. This is the case in a small stadium that is 80% full. Have you supplied crowd sounds for lower league fixtures now?

I think the choice of camera angles should be limited to match the situation. For example, as a manager you have basically two options, either watch the game from the dugout or from the stands. Therefore during the match only these options should be available. When re-watching the game in order to analyse what happened, then fair enough, as many angles as possible. Also, when scouting a player, you sit in the stands and should therefore only have the one angle.

Apart from that the game is looking good, which is a pity.

Huge step in the right direction, and the most important change for me as its the place I spend most my time playing. Few more years and we should have fifa level of graphic quality, where I think we should be.

I'm quite sure we won't. This is FM not the FIFA series. FM would probably eventually reach the graphics quality of an older FIFA game if that's what you mean but certainly don't expect FM12 to look like FIFA12, etc. :D

Archived